PDA

View Full Version : a rift in our community

onawing1
11-26-12, 04:38 AM
I feel like we are moving towards a point where we almost need two forums. The iOS group is being separated from the Droid group. So many new threads are appearing dealing with problems that I have no idea about. We are being treated (Droid users) like second class citizens. Is the programming so hard to incorporate with the driod operating system? So many other apps seem to adapt.

I want the game to be the same or moved out so we don't feel so left out!

salinho
11-26-12, 05:26 AM
You think it's necessary to create a new forum for Android users? I can understand that you're angry at theinjustice of this all! In fact, I believe that all iOS users are completely sympathetic with your situation. But creating a new forum is not the solution, because both iOSusers and android users may often have thesame doubts and questions.

Though there have been many questions popping up about new updates that aren't available foi android, and that's so unfair.

So instead of suggesting the creation of a two separate areas (iOs users and android users do get along, I think that nobody tats anyone differently based on operative system), why don't all of us unite to ask them to uodate iOs sooner? Or at least to come and explain the reasons for this discrimination?? And why not reward android users with some extra gold as a compensation for all this hassle? That would be fair! At least an explanation!

What do you think? Let's all work together on this. It's not fair for droid users!

salinho
11-26-12, 05:27 AM
Sorry for all the typos, but
*to update the andoid sooner

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-26-12, 05:33 AM
I'm totally with you Salinho.

I also don't think that 2 separate forums is the solution for this. And while I do feel terrible for android users especially when iOS users rejoice over something new. I always have wondered why we're the fortunate ones and android the unfortunate. It's mind boggling.

I also don't think this is the case in some of the other TL games I have played?

It's a tough one really.... and I'd love for a member of TL to chime in.

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 06:11 AM
I don't think it's necessary for seperate forums.... Dragon story isn't the only game people play

In other story games recently android has been getting updates before iOS 1-2 weeks before
Android has also been getting seasonal apps when iOS hasn't

It's good to have a single forums so we can share what each gets... And then ask tl to get the same for the other device

salinho
11-26-12, 06:19 AM
I don't think it's necessary for seperate forums.... Dragon story isn't the only game people play

In other story games recently android has been getting updates before iOS 1-2 weeks before
Android has also been getting seasonal apps when iOS hasn't

It's good to have a single forums so we can share what each gets... And then ask tl to get the same for the other device

Yes. :) i wonder if they are having problems with protocols or something? It really is a but mysterious.

salinho
11-26-12, 06:20 AM
Yes. :) i wonder if they are having problems with protocols or something? It really is a but mysterious.

*bit
What happened to the quote? Lol

kwhales
11-26-12, 07:06 AM
I feel that TL shouldn't release an update for IOS until they can also update android at the same time.

I am not a computer geek, by far, so whoever is out there that is....is IOS and android that different? Is android that hard to update, and does Tl need to think about getting an android geek on staff?

tr8on
11-26-12, 07:14 AM
I feel that TL shouldn't release an update for IOS until they can also update android at the same time.

I am not a computer geek, by far, so whoever is out there that is....is IOS and android that different? Is android that hard to update, and does Tl need to think about getting an android geek on staff?

Yes they are very different. I will just leave it at that. But not sure about the coding for the game though... if that differs at all because of the difference in the OS.

bella_dona
11-26-12, 07:21 AM
Dear TL,
Im lv 94 on DS,but trying a lot of combo for Diamond,and get nothing.what the best combo can get Diamond Dragon?

Thx.

ddellavecchia
11-26-12, 07:23 AM
I do not believe 2 different forums would do anyone any good. I am an Android user and while it beyond irritates me that we do not get the same updates at the same time as iOs users, it isn't their fault. I do want to know WHY though, that iOs users get such drastically different updates then Droid users. These aren't small updates but ones with BIG differences. I as well, would love for a TL comment or answer for this unfairness.

dondonuk
11-26-12, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty new on here, also android user. I love this forum and any help I've needed I've got. Everybody seems really friendly and very helpful. I'm happy with the game at the moment and I'm sure in time we will all have the same. No need for separate forums at all.

henrylucky
11-26-12, 09:03 AM

I agree, so android users won't jealous to IOS users ( because I'm jealous now !!! )
( Can't you do that TeamLava ? ) T_T

FairyAmethyst
11-26-12, 09:39 AM
I'm also not a geek but if some of the original games such as bakery story and restuarant story were compatible with both IOS and Android, then why create new games that isn't compatible on Android. I am very disappointed that android users cannot play the newer games.... I would love to be able to play home design story and castle story.

cozycafe69
11-26-12, 10:14 AM
Honestly, I do think there should be two forums, it would keep down confusion. Its not a discriminatory thing but honestly its like Android users are playing a different game, with "some" similarities, until they (TL) get to a point "if ever" that their game is the same across the platforms, it would make sense... *shrugs* that's just my opinion...

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 10:16 AM
I also don't think 2 forums are needed because android does get seasonal apps

salinho
11-26-12, 11:15 AM
Honestly, I do think there should be two forums, it would keep down confusion. Its not a discriminatory thing but honestly its like Android users are playing a different game, with "some" similarities, until they (TL) get to a point "if ever" that their game is the same across the platforms, it would make sense... *shrugs* that's just my opinion...

What good would it make? Yes, some people do get confused sadly, when updates like this come up...in fact, MANY MANY PEOPLE get confused. But creating a separate forum wouldn't make much of a difference and makes little sense IMHO. because we do get things at the same time, like new dragons for example....

We should, however, demand a proper explanation on why these delays occur.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 11:24 AM
I can't believe someone asked for segregation in a video game? Sad day it is. First while i do come to this forum for some game information i also come to somewhat visit a few people, rant and talk about in game things, most of which is breeding. This is my little DS family Droid or IOS i enjoy what people like to say.

Now while droid does not get what us IOS users get i completely understand why. Most (not all) of the people who have any technical issues are NON IOS users. Just look at the threads. If it's a forced close it' not iOS. My whole island is blue. Not iOS. Move your game to the SD card, not iOS. Xbox and playstation sell the same games but some systems have content that others don't. The difference between the iOS and every other system is as big as the difference between Windows and LION (mac). They are completely different. TL will work on at and it will be slow but it will be done. Thats why the dragons are in the market but lock.

Separation is not the answer if you want to be a part of that go start a Facebook page and don't come to the forum.

onawing1
11-26-12, 01:50 PM
It may seem that I WANT desperate forums, I really don't. I just wanted to voice my dispare at reading posts with total envy knowing that I can't even participate in the events that forumites are talking about. Now there is a separate breeding chamber possibility open to iOS users and I have been yearning for that ability since level 25. (73 now).

They may be similar games, but so very different in things that matter.

salinho
11-26-12, 02:36 PM
It may seem that I WANT desperate forums, I really don't. I just wanted to voice my dispare at reading posts with total envy knowing that I can't even participate in the events that forumites are talking about. Now there is a separate breeding chamber possibility open to iOS users and I have been yearning for that ability since level 25. (73 now).

They may be similar games, but so very different in things that matter.

I understand your frustration. Makes you not want to read the posts of iOs users. :( this really is upsetting. Everyone should be having fun with the game, and not feel bad about it, because of a different platform. Makes no sense!

greygull
11-26-12, 02:47 PM
@onawing - there used to be an Android subforum for each game that was on Android. But, so many people would report Android issues in the iOS part, and iOS in the Android part (along with other reasons), so TL just made 1 forum for each game. It's made it a lot easier to find where problems are happening :)

I'm not very tech savvy - but I know that there a basically 4 iOS devices (different generations), and hundreds if not more Android devices. TL has come a long way in the 2 years I've been playing. I remember when a few of the games first came to Android. Dragon came to Android pretty quickly, in terms of crossover games. And the things that have been introduced in that time have been quick. I know Android isn't even with iOS yet, but I'm confident that TL is working on it as fast as they can.

Here are a couple of threads you may want to check out :)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18709-Android-Feature-Parity-Discussions

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20551-Dev-Response-Challenges-of-Porting-from-iOS-to-Android

Note - these are both a year old, and everything may not be up to date.

tezcatlo
11-26-12, 02:55 PM
Personally I really didn't mind waiting for the android updates until I found out that Jo's users can now earn a second breeding den and have storage space!!! That being said however, I don't think this forum should be split up!! How about an android/ios parity folder like in RS???

salinho
11-26-12, 03:02 PM
Personally I really didn't mind waiting for the android updates until I found out that Jo's users can now earn a second breeding den and have storage space!!! That being said however, I don't think this forum should be split up!! How about an android/ios parity folder like in RS???

About the breeding den, we're not sure what's going on yet! But we do have a storage...

kooky panda
11-26-12, 03:38 PM
On the second breeding den talked about on the other thread, this has not been confirmed yet.

rusticjess
11-26-12, 03:42 PM
I'm unhappy that my android doesn't get everything IOS does just yet, but I'm hopeful that we will get these cool new thins e v e n t u a l l y ....I waiting for my storm and scarecrow dragons, my storage, album, dawn tree, and pretty new dawn evolution temples. until then, my game is a rather standard, outdated version..

Sefyre
11-26-12, 03:58 PM
I agree that there's a big rift between the two platforms... but I also think everyone should band together rather than separate apart.

Dear Team Lava,

I love your Dragons, but I really, really, REALLY think we (as a WHOLE community) could use a little consistency here!

Sincerely,
Sefyre

Everyone keeps saying (from the sound of this thread and other threads) that iOS gets everything and Android users are left in the dust, but the way I see it, iOS also gets its own set of problems, too!

- Forced Closing of App

It happens on my older iOS PLENTY, let me tell you, and I have submitted a Bug Report on this and feedback accordingly.

- Forced Acceptance of New Content/Updates

Do you think -I- wanted the storage, album, AND the HUGE FOOD HIKE at what my level is right now? NO!

Did I want the New Dawn update to force my obstacle clearing to become a mishmash of old prices and new prices? NO!

But I had no choice in either of these two matters! I literally opened my game and there the changes were! And let me tell you, the last New Dawn updates said NOTHING about the price hikes; we as users literally found these things out ON OUR OWN. The mishmashed information in the Wikia tells you plenty of this problem. It isn't the editors' problem; it's because of the 'users don't know until they run into the problem/issue/change themselves' problem!

- Reading About Game Disparities

Do YOU want to pay 250 food for a level 5 Dragon? Do YOU want to pay 15,000 coins for a Timberwood when the Timberwood RIGHT NEXT TO IT costs only 1,500?

Trust me, as an iOS user, I've had my own share of frustration in terms of reading threads and realizing that there are MAJOR differences between the games on different platforms or games that weren't updated.

CuddlyDragon
11-26-12, 04:24 PM
Hey All,

Although some of you have some decent points, please keep in mind that TeamLava does their best to create equal content for everyone.

That being said, the TeamLava Community should continue to work as one. Separating the Forums by games and devices would get overwhelming for our newcomers, however I will bring this up for discussion with the Admins and Moderators.

Also, seeing how much moderating and flaming has already gone on, I will be closing this thread.

You are free to contact me with your thoughts, but please make sure you are not violating any forum rules. :)

-CD