PDA

View Full Version : New Dawn and Android questions ... again!

MomsHouseofSweets
11-25-12, 08:54 PM
Ok, hopefully I can word all this to where it makes sense.

I understand that New Dawn or part of it was released for Androids. I THINK I understand that the New Dawn update was done on the "old" app. Please correct me anywhere if I'm wrong. My confusion is this ...

If we Droids now have New Dawn (ND), do we have ND or just part of it?

There was a change in the old app at the time of the update and it really affected my screen. It's now very big, the navigation buttons are huge and I can't make any of it smaller. The images are somewhat blurry or a bit digital looking. Is this unique for me or are others experiencing this also?

I'm trying to understand about the goals. Do Droids have them or will get them?

The ND tree ... is it also for us or not?

I found a New Dawn app, but no sure it's for Androids. Instead of what appears to be the old app screen with fire Dragon (?) and a blue dragon behind it, there's only 1 dragon on the ND app and the islands are much more pale or pastel looking. Is this app for Androids??

The New Dawn update is very confusing, at least for me. I don't know what we're supposed to have, what we'll get o when we'll get it.

Will be have the storage feature also? What about the tree for boosts??

nmishii
11-25-12, 11:27 PM

There was a change in the old app at the time of the update and it really affected my screen. It's now very big, the navigation buttons are huge and I can't make any of it smaller. The images are somewhat blurry or a bit digital looking. Is this unique for me or are others experiencing this also?

My display is big and can't be made smaller. The top of the dsplay is inaccessible. Not a problem right now, since its not cleared and probably won't be. But the display should be fixed.

Can't answer the New Dawn questions. I have no desire to upgrade.

nmishii
11-26-12, 12:52 AM
My display is big and can't be made smaller. The top of the dsplay is inaccessible. Not a problem right now, since its not cleared and probably won't be. But the display should be fixed.

Can't answer the New Dawn questions. I have no desire to upgrade.

The display is fixed now. I can zoom in and out and access the top of the island.

kwhales
11-26-12, 04:17 AM
MommasHouse - from what I understand, you android users got part of new dawn. The tree and lighter color screen but not the goals that go along with the new dawn tree. Hopefully you will get these soon. The goals just want you to bring 10 of each color (red, green, yellow etc) to epic. Then you get some coins, and some decorations. So if you keep bringing dragons to epic, and you eventually get the goals, you will be a head of the game.

If there is anything else, someone else will need to respond.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-26-12, 07:28 AM
MommasHouse - from what I understand, you android users got part of new dawn. The tree and lighter color screen but not the goals that go along with the new dawn tree. Hopefully you will get these soon. The goals just want you to bring 10 of each color (red, green, yellow etc) to epic. Then you get some coins, and some decorations. So if you keep bringing dragons to epic, and you eventually get the goals, you will be a head of the game.

If there is anything else, someone else will need to respond.

Thank you, kwhales!! You helped clear a lot of the confusion haze. My "old" app still has the darker coloring. The other app I mentioned has the lighter islands and colors. So ... should I download and install the other app ... the one with the lighter colors and just the one red dragon that says "New Dawn"?

kwhales
11-26-12, 07:35 AM
Sure. It won't affect your other game. The games will sync with each other. I have both downloaded but only play on new dawn (collecting coins, expanded, etc). I have the older version for, unfortunately, the stuff you don't have....yet. (the ablum, storage, new dragons).

I find if I play both, its a waste of time. Collecting on both games is redundant because eventually, they sync together. I am really on the old version.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-26-12, 08:59 AM
Sure. It won't affect your other game. The games will sync with each other. I have both downloaded but only play on new dawn (collecting coins, expanded, etc). I have the older version for, unfortunately, the stuff you don't have....yet. (the ablum, storage, new dragons).

I find if I play both, its a waste of time. Collecting on both games is redundant because eventually, they sync together. I am really on the old version.

A lot of the confusion stems from the 2 apps. My old one's color hasn't changed but is the same it's always been. The other app, the one with just 1 dragon on it, that says "New Dawn" has the color change. All these New Dawn issues, questions and differences are causing even more problems and unrest.

makafushigi
11-26-12, 09:34 AM
THe New Dawn for Android hurts my eyes. I'm going to stick with the old version until the New Dan goals come out

rusticjess
11-26-12, 03:36 PM
I have android and I installed the new dawn version. but nothings really different...all I see new is brighter grass and prettier waterfalls. I still don't know where my dawn tree is nor do I have these so called "storm" and "scarecrow" dragons.

kwhales
11-26-12, 05:24 PM
I have android and I installed the new dawn version. but nothings really different...all I see new is brighter grass and prettier waterfalls. I still don't know where my dawn tree is nor do I have these so called "storm" and "scarecrow" dragons.

New Dawn did not get the two new dragons--only the original version of DS did..but after you take them out of storage, they do show up on new dawn once it syncs itself.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 05:55 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40854-Dragon-Album-Rewards

lylahmae
11-26-12, 05:57 PM
New Dawn did not get the two new dragons--only the original version of DS did..but after you take them out of storage, they do show up on new dawn once it syncs itself.

Also IOS only....right?

cherokee329
11-26-12, 06:12 PM
I keep getting the link to download the New Dawn but when I go there Kindle Fire at Amazon says it isn't available for download. In the meantime, the link to go to the regular DS isn't included in the list of links.