PDA

View Full Version : Explore the dark caves worth it?

freshpickins
11-25-12, 06:48 PM
I made two nice spicy feast and realized that the lumin essence requires so many earth wisps. Can you guys who have done the adventure tell me f it's worth it? I'm pretty happy with the bandits so far, and I know the simple feast doesn't give much. Any thoughts?:confused:

Edit: gems, dark cave formation, wisps, lanterns, silver, apple tree, lemon tree, enchanted beam, enchanted block, super glue, Glimmerdust, black cow, mithril, pig, unicorn statue, dragon statue, beast statue, builders paste, black sheep, royal pig, royal cow, orange tree, white cow, sheep, alicorn wing, alicorn horn, coins

yupiyupigumgum
11-25-12, 07:25 PM
Last time i got one gem. No tree so far.

freshpickins
11-26-12, 12:30 AM
I've gotten gems from the bandits adventure. I guess I will check out the dark caves when I have earth wisps and workshop time to spare.

wassupbaby
11-26-12, 03:16 AM
I tried it 3,4 times. I ussually get some enchanted block/beam, energy, gems, earth wisps, dark cave formation... Last time i got about 20k gold ... No trees, no animals or special items yet :(

freshpickins
11-26-12, 03:17 AM
I tried it 3,4 times. I ussually get some enchanted block/beam, energy, gems, earth wisps, dark cave formation... Last time i got about 20k gold ... No trees, no animals or special items yet :(

Those things don't sound too shabby either. Will try it sometime. :)

NanaCanna
11-26-12, 03:51 AM
The dark caves are the best. I even got gold from it & always lots of energy, a few gems & lots of coins.

Insomniatica
12-05-12, 08:27 PM
Anyone else want to jump in with what they've received from: Explore the Dark Caves?

24girl
12-05-12, 09:00 PM

I've also received these items plus an apple tree twice. I've been on about 6 quests or so.

sugarzen6
12-05-12, 10:04 PM
I've done it once. Received the usual stuff, energy, a gem or two and an enchanted beam. Maybe super glue and a wisp?- not sure but nothing was particularly special other than the beam. I did totally miss how many coins because I collect when I'm still waking up lol. I'm not planning to do it again any time soon. It really slows down expanding.

rengirl1978
12-05-12, 11:37 PM
I have gotten Jewel Blocks, Wisp Lanterns, lots of gold, a cave formation, a black cow, and it seems like it totally refills my energy! I usually do one day of Bandit, then the next day Dark Caves.

WendyCroy
12-08-12, 06:36 PM
I tried the dark caves just once. Here is what I have got :
1 royal beam
1 enchanted block
800 coins
4 glimmer dust
1 mithril
3 gems
1 dark cave formation
Wisp lantern
10 energy

Starlitstream
12-08-12, 10:34 PM
I've searched the caves twice. The second time I received a Royal Pig.

nokkha
12-08-12, 11:06 PM
1st time I got 15 energy, royal beam, 3 gems, 1 mithrill, coins, 3 earth wisp and a black cow ^__^

FridayFreckled
12-09-12, 10:48 AM
I've done it three times, and I can't remember everything I've gotten. But on one of them I got a black cow, and a pink pig on another. Gems on both, assorted other items, lots of energy, and a ton of coins. I definitely think it's worth it, but I too am alternating between the dark caves and bandits so I have time to build wisps for expanding too.

charissalim
12-10-12, 12:58 AM
what is the cost to speed up 'Explore the dark caves'?

is it also random thing which it is different cost for everyone?

jefframone
12-10-12, 08:26 AM
I got some neat stuff. A rock mountain that gave lots of jewels some royal cows and blocks

zombiefun
12-10-12, 09:40 AM
Never has anything nice. All my statues, pigs, sheeps and trees came from first quest.

Tassle23
12-10-12, 10:22 AM
Just got royal beam, enchanted beam, glimmer dust, 10 energy, 10K coins, silver ore, earth wisp, and.... a unicorn statue! I love the dark caves quest.

Rockinkitten
12-11-12, 11:37 PM
I only did it twice. Once to see if it was worth it, and once when it was a goal! I don't like using my wisps on it.

WendyCroy
12-13-12, 04:17 AM
Very disappointed for the second try :
1 super glue
1 enchanted beam
3 GD
6 earth wisp (it costs 10 to do the quest)
24 energy
1 dark cave formation

I stop the quest as I need earth wisp to expand and build the cathedral.

aimeeq
12-13-12, 08:56 AM
I just got an apple tree from it. Finally!

angiesplace99
12-13-12, 05:49 PM
I've completed a few of the explore the dark caves. More often than not, I've gotten great items. Today I got lots of coins, 8 earth wisps, 12 energy, glimmer dust, 3 gems, and builder paste. I think it's worth it.

carijonas
12-13-12, 05:57 PM
I think it's worth it i got an adorable royal cow ! It was my my first time feeling somewhat lucky ..

Jaeron_Q
12-14-12, 06:29 PM
I think it's worth it. But I happened to do this quest at the same time I was building my cathedral. BAD MISTAKE. You don't realise how much mermaid scales is required. I basically have none at the moment after building the cathedral. I'll have to go do lots of fishing before I can manage another exploration.

iLLUMI2012
12-14-12, 10:09 PM
It's very worth it just to get the Mithril. You need that to craft the Excalibam. Then after that you could leave it until you have some spare Earth Wisps. :)

lattelaugh
12-15-12, 11:40 AM
I got a black sheep today! I had been saving gems for one, and then I immediately lost 16 gems in a gem trap while checking how long it would be before I would need to tend my black sheep. Gah. At least I had the sheep to take away the sting.

Ayachii
12-16-12, 02:05 PM
I got a Lemon Tree from it today! Made me so happy (^ w^)

onemansmiracle
12-17-12, 05:47 AM
I did the dark cave adventure a lot(like 5 times a week). I got 2 apples trees and 2 dark cave formations from it, and 3 gems almost everytime, and once I got my best rewards 3 wisp lanterns. and once I got 37 energies from it but it became 30 because of the cap... it`s really annoying, if you set up an energy cap as 30,why bother giving 37 energies as rewards. and the rest rewards are quite similiar,all are advanced building materials.
I need to dig a lot of rock to have enough earth wisps for the adventure,but I think it's worth.

AkumaNeko
12-17-12, 01:55 PM
I got 6 earth wisps, 12 energies and some other stuff. Nothing amazing but am trying again.

suebaobao
12-17-12, 07:26 PM
The dark cave adventure is a task from Old Thomas. So you can do it after you receive this task - each adventure costs 10 earth wisp!! lol

greatday2bealive
12-19-12, 02:03 AM
So far, to me, it's not worth it. Only thing I like from it is partial energy refill and gems. Have done the quest several times already and only yesterday did I get a dark cave formation. No trees or animals : (
I usually get earth whisps, coins, energy, gems, silver ore, royal beams or blocks, super glue, and/or those beams with the numbers on them. So, in total for me, I consider it a waste of energy...plus need earth whisps to expand and takes an hr to craft one :/....5 hrs just to get earth whips....everyday most of my energy is used just to fulfill quest requirements : (
I have a unicorn state and the lion? Statue, but those both came from a less expensive quest

Delforce
12-19-12, 05:01 PM
I love the DCF quest. I have gotten 4 apple trees, 2 orange trees, 1 lemon tree, royal cow, 2 white cows, 1 black cow, Sheep, lots of the rock formations, plus all the other stuff. I love it and do it nearly every day.

maguar
12-19-12, 05:14 PM
I love the DCF quest. I have gotten 4 apple trees, 2 orange trees, 1 lemon tree, royal cow, 2 white cows, 1 black cow, Sheep, lots of the rock formations, plus all the other stuff. I love it and do it nearly every day.

Wow you've had a lot of luck with it.

AkumaNeko
12-19-12, 06:23 PM
Stopped doing it cause it's not worth it for me :/

scottyhaha
12-19-12, 08:56 PM
I never get anything good, but still have hope that it will drops something nice

Delforce
12-19-12, 09:14 PM
Wow you've had a lot of luck with it.
Luck or abundance? Lol. I do that quest every day. So with enough quantity I'm bound to get some quality. :)
I am having zero luck on the 4th tabernacle shard thingie. :(
Merry Xmas :)

wassupbaby
12-20-12, 04:39 AM
Ive been doing this for a week and stil no tree or animal. I got 2x rock formation , thats all. =.='
So in my case, its not worth it but i'll keep doing as long as theres no new update.

WendyCroy
12-21-12, 01:09 PM
Third try :
- 5 glimmerdust (i am full with it... great)
- 1 builder paste (don't need, I even craft it when I'm full of materials)
- 6 earth wisp ( the adventure takes 10 to do it)
- 5 gems

The day before I did the first adventure, and got a pink pig.
In my kingdom, the third adventure doesn't worth it at all :-)

caramel114
12-22-12, 03:59 AM
I have tried this quest many times and it wasn't until today I received:
-30 energy
-enchanted block
-5 glimmer dust
-baby black sheep

zombiefun
12-22-12, 11:13 PM
Btw, team lava reads this thread and makes changes. First quest now absolutely pointless. Done it for two weeks, got some junk. Before I received animals and trees and at least 15 energy.

rengirl1978
12-23-12, 02:32 AM
I love the dark cave mission as well! I have gotten a black cow, lemon tree, royal cow, a cave formation thing, energy refilled, enchanted beams...I love it! But I am using my Lumin Essence to build a cathedral.

wassupbaby
12-23-12, 02:54 AM
After doing the dark caves 2 weeks in a row , i finally got my first royal pig, the most expensive thing in CS . YAYYYY its like the xmas present for me. Sooooo excitedddd :)

iLLUMI2012
12-23-12, 03:10 AM
I also got a Royal Pig today! Mmmm, double bacon! Heh hehhh!
Was only my second attempt at exploring the dark caves too!

I also got 36 energy, but as I'm capped at 30 I only got just under 30 out of the 36. :(
Also got 1 glimmer dust, 1 builders paste and 1 royal beam but that was it. Was hoping for a couple of Wisp Lanterns like my first attempt. Oh well. Still, very happy that Sir Pigglesworth now as a royal playmate. :p

Perhaps everyone exploring dark caves over Xmas will get a royal cow or royal pig, as a gift from TemLava?
Might be worth giving it a go! ;)
Good luck!

sparkles818
12-23-12, 09:15 AM
I've done the dark caves about 10 times and no animals or trees while my nbrs have only done it a few times and got both??

sparkles818
12-23-12, 09:19 AM
Has anyone else never gotten any trees or animals but done the caves 6-10 times? I've had so many issues with my game that I'm wondering if something is wrong. I have force closed and also deleted and reinstalled. I also constantly get a notification saying my energy is totally refilled even though it isn't. Not sure what to do!?!?

maguar
12-23-12, 09:40 AM
Has anyone else never gotten any trees or animals but done the caves 6-10 times? I've had so many issues with my game that I'm wondering if something is wrong. I have force closed and also deleted and reinstalled. I also constantly get a notification saying my energy is totally refilled even though it isn't. Not sure what to do!?!?

The energy notification issue has been passed on to the devs. The trees and animals are rare drops so there's only a small chance you'll get them each time you do an adventure. If you have other issues checkout the feedback and bugs thread. You might find a solution there. If not you can post the issues you're having

.http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?109-Castle-Story-Feedback-and-Bug-Reports

sparkles818
12-23-12, 11:17 AM
The energy notification issue has been passed on to the devs. The trees and animals are rare drops so there's only a small chance you'll get them each time you do an adventure. If you have other issues checkout the feedback and bugs thread. You might find a solution there. If not you can post the issues you're having

.http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?109-Castle-Story-Feedback-and-Bug-Reports

thx sweetie so frustrating as I only do the last two adventures and thought they are rare drops I've done one a day since I was able to do adventures and only do the bandits or the dark caves! Maybe for Christmas! Lol

wassupbaby
12-23-12, 01:44 PM

Like i said, i've been doing the dark cave for the last 2 week and i've gotten nothing good untill today. Someone gets animal and tree on first try, some doesnt. Just be pattient, your time will come :)

kopitownhk
12-23-12, 08:22 PM
I just got a Royal Pig yesterday! and previously I got a pink pig from the Caves

cloudsail
12-23-12, 10:13 PM

Me.
I don't do it every day, but maybe every couple of days. The bandits havent been good to me either. The only special thing I've ever gotten is a sheep from the first adventure.

kopitownhk
12-23-12, 10:45 PM
also got an apple tree from the Dark Caves

heidik901
01-20-13, 01:24 PM
I got an apple tree, and a black sheep. I also got an orange tree, but due to all the bugs last week, it was lost. The other nice thing it gives is energy. Energy is the most valuable resource in the game, IMO, so that's a nice reward. Make sure before you collect from this adventure you run your energy down to make room for the bonus energy. I'm not sure if it would fill to your cap or go over, never taken the risk of finding out, maybe someone else can answer that question.

maguar
01-20-13, 01:29 PM
The energy you get from adventures does not exceed your cap so it's best to use it all before collecting your reward.

heidik901
01-20-13, 07:49 PM
Thanks, Maguar. That's what I thought, but its nice to know for sure.

maguar
01-20-13, 10:16 PM
Here's hoping that they'll change that in the future!

cakeandpie
01-21-13, 10:00 PM
I have done the dark caves adventure a couple times, but what is this "cave formation" people are saying they have gotten? I've never seen it. What is it good for?

maguar
01-22-13, 01:55 AM
The dark cave formation looks like a large rock out cropping with purple crystals. It drops a higher rate of jewels and can drop mithril. See this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39337-Dark-cave-formation) for more info.

xtcinla11
01-23-13, 04:26 PM
I got a Royal Pig today from the dark cave adventure - I'm so excited, I've wanted one for so long (I was beginning to think that it only happened to other people - like that 3rd and 4th shard, LOL).

heidik901
01-23-13, 06:37 PM
Ok, the orange tree was not from Dark Caves, but it definitely drops Apple Trees. My memory isn't so good, so I've started writing things down so I have my info straight. :)

onemansmiracle
01-24-13, 04:55 AM
I got a royal cow,a black sheep,2 apple trees,3 dark formations and a unicorn statue from just dark cave :) and many many lanterns. And every time for sure it also drops a enchanted block/beam and a royal beam/block,I am counting on it to accelerate my construction of multiple luxury buildings ;)

onemansmiracle
01-24-13, 05:00 AM
Lemon tree and beast statues I got were from hunting roaming bandit...
So exploring dark cave is the best.

badger8
02-02-13, 05:58 AM
Has anyone gotten a mystery box lately??
I usually do roaming bandits, and I haven't gotten a box since the "disappearing items" glitch a couple of weeks ago & I'm wondering if they just disabled this feature?

jtm101
02-02-13, 06:40 AM
Yes i have still been getting the odd boxed item. In the last week i got a beast statue and apple tree (not that i wanted more of either)

badger8
02-02-13, 11:02 AM
Ok- just bad luck then. thanks!

xtcinla11
02-02-13, 03:48 PM
Since the glitch, I've gotten a royal pig and a rock formation

habanero89
02-03-13, 04:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed a decline in the rewards for exploring dark caves? :s The past five dark caves quests Ive gotten (note it has almost been identical each time) 4 or 5 earth wisps, an enchanted block, royal beam or two and about 1000 coins! Not sure if its just a run of poor luck or if the returns have actually diminished recently. Any thoughts?

maguar
02-04-13, 01:25 AM
I'm having a run of bad luck with the energy. Used to be able to get 18, 24, 30 from time to time. For the last week it's been consistently 12.

onemansmiracle
02-04-13, 06:54 AM
I hit the new low today,I only got a few silvers,glimmer dusts,and a royal beam today,as well as 12 energies. There were absolutely nothing else,I was shocked! exploring the dark cave,usually,I am moderately satisfied by the loot,but today was un exception.

dinendash7474
02-04-13, 07:45 AM
Has anyone gotten a mystery box lately??
I usually do roaming bandits, and I haven't gotten a box since the "disappearing items" glitch a couple of weeks ago & I'm wondering if they just disabled this feature?

I was wondering the same thing. It might not just be bad luck because I havent gotten one since I had "the gitch" happen to me with a dark cave formation and was weeks ago. I used to get one every couple of days and I wasnt always doing the dark caves, I switch back and forth between dark caves and bandits. Ive been doing more dark caves to see if I can get a black box but nothing. Im also almost done with level 28 and have almost everything so maybe that has something to do with it.

badger8
02-04-13, 07:53 AM
My knights are getting lazy too. All I usually get from bandits is 3 prime cuts, a little energy and a block or beam. Not very many goodies anymore and very little variety.

maguar
02-04-13, 01:49 PM
Still only 12 energy today. Did get builders paste as part of my loot so that's an improvement. For those wondering about the mystery boxes, I got an apple towards the end of last week.

onemansmiracle
02-04-13, 11:36 PM
I hope it stops giving me silvers and glimmer dusts,but instead,I want earth wisps and mermaid scales... And today I also had 1 builder paste and 1 royal beam,plus 24 energies... Sort of acceptable,with slight disappointment,cos no earth wisps means more work to be done :(

swetank
02-05-13, 08:45 AM
i bought a black sheep 1 week befre
i got one more yesterday. seems i wasted my 180 gems i dont need two of same animal.
instead cud have got. acow or saved fr next update
today i got exactly what maguar said

maguar
02-05-13, 02:04 PM
swetank I'll trade you two pink pigs for the black sheep, lol.

Finally broke my 12 energy streak today and got double. Also got a unicorn so not too bad a haul.

david0207
02-06-13, 12:50 AM
Hi, what do you mean by you got a unicorn? Which unicorn? The unicorn that's suppose to come with the update? Is the update here already? I want a unicorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maguar
02-06-13, 01:58 AM
Sorry unicorn statue not the unicorn from the update.

swetank
02-06-13, 02:08 AM
swetank I'll trade you two pink pigs for the black sheep, lol.

Finally broke my 12 energy streak today and got double. Also got a unicorn so not too bad a haul.

sure. sheep useless for me. maxed on wool n prime cut.
but trading not possible yet :p

cloudsail
02-06-13, 12:53 PM
I recently got two apple trees in the span of a few days (already bought apple tree to get golden apple). Oh well, better than nothing. Maybe I can make an apple orchard...