PDA

View Full Version : when they say ultra, they mean it

onawing1
11-25-12, 10:44 AM
I don't want to discourage any diamond hunters out there, but I just finished a diamond/air breeding marathon. It takes two gold to finish a gold dragon failing breed and two gold to clear the air dragon egg off your nest. So a total of four gold a failed breed cycle.

I just finished my two hundredth failed breed (yes eight hundred gold)

Pay stub (my diamond dragon) is tired
Raisa (my air dragon) is tired

I am tired. But no other breeding pair will be used till I get my gold dragon.

So ultra rare really is ultra rare.

sweetstuff525
11-25-12, 10:59 AM
Yeah I don't have a diamond dragon but I have a diamond in monster story which I haven't been able to get the the red diamond hybrid ruby ...after a lot of trIes

Takiofallen
11-25-12, 11:10 AM
Don't speed back to back. Go 2-5 times per hour i think it will help. The only thing you can change is the time of breeding so take advantage of it.
I don't want to discourage any diamond hunters out there, but I just finished a diamond/air breeding marathon. It takes two gold to finish a gold dragon failing breed and two gold to clear the air dragon egg off your nest. So a total of four gold a failed breed cycle.

I just finished my two hundredth failed breed (yes eight hundred gold)

Pay stub (my diamond dragon) is tired
Raisa (my air dragon) is tired

I am tired. But no other breeding pair will be used till I get my gold dragon.

So ultra rare really is ultra rare.

cedkugedchgd
11-25-12, 11:38 AM
try to switch the combo! i did the same while trying to get the ruby manticore in MS and got it at second try :)

kwhales
11-25-12, 01:03 PM
Ultra...... I'm having a hard time with rare!!

Takiofallen
11-25-12, 01:06 PM
lol it can't be that bad

kwhales
11-25-12, 01:16 PM
lol it can't be that bad

Yeah, I'm only missing eight.

summersalt
11-25-12, 01:24 PM
lol it can't be that bad

Oh it is..

Finally got the boo dragon while trying for a pegusus or a laser light. I was fortunate enough to get a forest fire (i know i know, but i was thrilled..) and bred it with hypnotic, the only light dragon i have that is not common. I just plain didnt want boo anymore, if possible i would have never put light and purple or green and purple together again, but i thought knew i would need a rare light and red to get my beautiful allusive laserlight.. well no laserlight, but bang a boo dragon. At this point disgusted with boo, witch and zombie, i was hoping they were gone for good, with 60 failed attempts to get it weeks ago.. but hey i made 5500 selling luck dragons and poison dragons.. sounds like a super good deal to me.. ::rolling eyes::

clarknova81
11-25-12, 02:00 PM
Well, I was trying to breed a Crusader dragon the other day. Must simple, I thought. It wasn't. I hatched 355 Fire dragons before finally getting my Crusader. Thank God the fail time is only 10 seconds. So yeah, when they say Ultra Rare they really mean it! XD

tezcatlo
11-25-12, 03:04 PM
Oh it is..

Finally got the boo dragon while trying for a pegusus or a laser light. I was fortunate enough to get a forest fire (i know i know, but i was thrilled..) and bred it with hypnotic, the only light dragon i have that is not common. I just plain didnt want boo anymore, if possible i would have never put light and purple or green and purple together again, but i thought knew i would need a rare light and red to get my beautiful allusive laserlight.. well no laserlight, but bang a boo dragon. At this point disgusted with boo, witch and zombie, i was hoping they were gone for good, with 60 failed attempts to get it weeks ago.. but hey i made 5500 selling luck dragons and poison dragons.. sounds like a super good deal to me.. ::rolling eyes::

I got mine 2nd try with level 4 light and level 6 fire. First i got love using level 4 light and level 4 fire, then looked at pic of laserlight and realized how much more red it had then love, tried again with the higher level fire and got it!! It's on my other island (id s8Angel). I still don't have sooo many dragons cause i'm new to the game, but i've bred a lot of rare dragons by chance!)

khanine
11-25-12, 04:24 PM
Yeah I don't have a diamond dragon but I have a diamond in monster story which I haven't been able to get the the red diamond hybrid ruby ...after a lot of trIes

Got that ruby hybrid the first try lol... If only it work the same for DS *sigh*

onawing1
11-26-12, 01:59 PM
Here is a little kick in the head update.

Still trying for gold I get fed up and try water and diamond.

Put a water egg in one nest
Put a water egg in the other nest
One final breed to leave a water in the breeding chamber and what pray tell pops up?

A mercury!!!!!!

And yet I am back breeding for gold again . Wonder if I can melt my gold down and make a gold dragon that way.....

maximinidan
11-26-12, 10:22 PM
My fingers are bleeding from trying to breed a crusader... From time to time, I switch things up to try and breed a gold, quetzal, angel or mercury dragon but in vain. I'll just keep on trying!

rs788
11-27-12, 02:19 AM
Wooooo lucky ! I m trying and trying and trying but no mercury i dnt hav gold even but 2 time breed a day morning and evening .
Hope i could get one
I already tried more then 20 or 25

onawing1
11-27-12, 03:13 AM
Maybe its not how many times a day, but how many days?

Tossa747
11-27-12, 10:43 AM
I had no idea laserlight was hard to get :O I got 2 while trying for love, lol.

Btw, I got two Boo yesterday while trying for hypnotic. Had no idea he was still around, but now I have two! I'll keep them both, one in basic form (so cuuuute!) and one in epic (money oh yes).