PDA

View Full Version : Being neighborly

kwhales
11-25-12, 07:34 AM
Ok, here's the problem. Why can't neighbors be neighborly.

You ask to be accepted as a neighbor, whether it's through a persons wall, or using their ID to invite them. You get accepted and them POOF your gone.

I don't understand why neighbors ask to be neighbors, then never visit, never send gold or even send maps.

Sending gold I understand--there just isn't enough to go around.

Maps--totally confuses me. How hard is it to send a map for pete's sake?

Visiting--also confuses me. I have neighbors, who asked and sometimes even begged "please please please add me", to be added and when I do add them, they never visit. Those $250 coins are nice.
If you have too many neighbors to visit, then don't ask or accept more neighbors. I understand that daily visits are not going to happen, but once in a while would be nice--like I said, the added coins go a long way.

I have recently started to house clean my neighborhood. Players I haven't heard from, like ever, are gone. Sorry, but hey, what did you expect.

So my problem or question is this: Why do players ask to be neighbors, or accept requests if they have no intention of visiting or gifting (maps at least)?

PDAGuppies
11-25-12, 07:37 AM
I accept maps as soon as I can but I don't send gold unless they send to me. I go by the newsfeed first when I visit and then my wall and then I do random visits.

That's just how I do things but some of my nbrs visit everyone everyday and it's incredible

suzysuzy34
11-25-12, 07:41 AM
I couldn't possibly visit everyone, everyday, but every so often if I have time I always visit all my neighbours, I always accept map requests, I don't know why any wouldn't, we are all playing the same game. to be honest, it wasnt until very recent that I found out neighbours visits gave one exp point., because of this I now try and visit when I can. I gift gold to those who gift to me, and if anyone hasn't I choose three people to send too.

mammami08
11-25-12, 07:42 AM
I often visit but don't write on the walls, that would take me to long. I have some neighbors that i do convers with eveny day or so. I do how ever always respond to maps and send gold.

I also sometimes visit non neighbors just because i think it's fun to see what other people have done with there islands ;)

suzysuzy34
11-25-12, 07:42 AM
Oh and I must admit I sometimes forget to check my wall, so sorry to those who may have requested to be my neighbour. Storm I'd suzysuzy35

hyper_ch
11-25-12, 07:43 AM

You have to request a map. They can't you just send one. Also, you can only receive 20 maps a day...

kwhales
11-25-12, 07:45 AM
I know. Accepting maps, I mean it pop ups right away, just click accept a couple times. and after I accept map requests, I stay on the news feed and visit those islands first, whether they are a neighbor or not, then I clear my island, then go visiting, starting with my neighbors that visit often, then go down the list. but i visit daily, each and every one-some a full and i can't visit, but i go back and see if they cleared (and yes i have to go through the list again-usually standing in line, in the elevator, etc.). I visit everyone and try to play with at least one habitat on each island.

I do get a lot of visits. Its just the few that never seem to come by that is annoying.

kwhales
11-25-12, 07:47 AM
You have to request a map. They can't you just send one. Also, you can only receive 20 maps a day...

Yeah, I know you have to request them, I do, and I know you can receive only 20 a day. It just seems like a receive them from the same players every time. so it makes me think some of my neighbors are not active (or less active) and I just wonder if its because they have too many neighbors, and if this is the case, why ask for more?

sourlicorice5
11-25-12, 07:54 AM
I don't have many (very very few) nbrs who visit me. But I have many that do accept the map requests I send. I accept all map requests that I get. I used to visit all nbrs daily but after getting very few visits back, I now just visit from wall posts and newsfeed. Weekends I may visit all nbrs if Im in the mood to. I figure why waste time visiting certain nbrs when they don't visit back. However as long as they are accepting map requests that's fine. It kinda works for me as I don't feel the need to visit all my nbrs and can spend more time on the games I like better.

kwhales
11-25-12, 08:30 AM
Why do I have the feeling that the players I am posing this question to are not forum members?

and, sourlicorice--that's exactly what I am wondering. You say that very few neighbors visit you....why don't they? I just wonder why people ask to be neighbors if they don't visit at least once in a while.

I think it would be great if TL would let us organize our neighbor list the way we want to and not alphabetically. I also wish that if you visit a neighbor and was unable to play, it wouldn't go to the bottom of the list. Most times its hard to remember who you played with and who you didn't because once you enter the island, the name goes to the bottom of the list.

and....i think this is part of the problem. Once you enter an island, and it is full, its kind of gone...so probably more neighbors are visiting then we think, but we were full and if you are not a wall writer, and put 'full', you never know that neighbor visited. Maybe I should become someone who makes a conscious effort to write on every neighbors wall 'full'. Hmmm, wonder if that would help.

PDAGuppies
11-25-12, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I agree with kwhales.
We should be able to have our list categorized by the social egg thing not alphabetic order

kwhales
11-25-12, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I agree with kwhales.
We should be able to have our list categorized by the social egg thing not alphabetic order

I don't care about social egg thing. I have some neighbors who don't visit, but gift gold to me everyday. Weird I know., so I would like to be able to put the list the way I want it. Close neighbors, then well, acquaintances, then, who are you? neighbors!!!

I'd also like to be able to see their storm ID too.. Some of the people here on the forum are my neighbors--some i know for sure, some i have a feeling they are by what they write on my wall. But, since we only see their island name and not ID (should have used the same), who knows.

I ask this because I already tried to add an ID to find that they were already my neighbor!!

tbka
11-25-12, 09:19 AM
Another thing is that I have so many friends that when I visit friends, I only do it once per day. If your habitats are totally full of sparkles, I can't give you more and I don't have time to visit all the ones who as full later on. This does not register me as a visit because I did not click, even thought I get the one EXP or 5 coin for visiting. I once tried to post (full or zzz) something on people wall that there needing to collect sparkles, but this got so time consuming that it took away from my time to visit others.

There are days I only have time to visit those who comment on my wall and visit those who request maps. Then I try to visit people who have at less one social egg. Maybe twice a week I might be able to visit everyone of my friends.

sweetstuff525
11-25-12, 09:54 AM
I don't visit my neighbors.... I'm playing too much games to be able to visit... But I do accept maps and give gold to 5 people that gift me gold but give it to the one who shows up more that they have gift me more need to rotate to only 3

suzysuzy34
11-25-12, 10:08 AM
Well although I did visit neighbours often, thanks to this item for discussion on the forum, I've just visited all my neighbours and wrote on their wall, which I didn't do before, lets see if it makes a difference.

kwhales
11-25-12, 10:15 AM
I don't visit my neighbors.... I'm playing too much games to be able to visit... But I do accept maps and give gold to 5 people that gift me gold but give it to the one who shows up more that they have gift me more need to rotate to only 3

You gift 5 gold? how? we only have 3 to gift.

kwhales
11-25-12, 10:16 AM
Well although I did visit neighbours often, thanks to this item for discussion on the forum, I've just visited all my neighbours and wrote on their wall, which I didn't do before, lets see if it makes a difference.

Yeah, I started to write on walls with full, just to let them know i tried. Takes longer, but I figured it was nice to let them know I was there.

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-25-12, 10:19 AM
- Sometimes I use my journey into work to visit my neighbors, I tend to visit as many as possible, especially the ones I know play on a daily basis. At times I forget peoples names, scrolling through that list is no fun.

- If I do visit someone and it's full of sparkles, I always write full/lmkwc on their wall.

- Gold - I gift back in order received, and I don't accept your gold until I can send it back, so I only receive your gold... when I know I can send it back to you. That's the only way I can keep track and make sure I gift back to everyone.

- Maps? don't get me started. I don't understand why people don't send others maps? It's a little confusing.

- Neigbors sorting ; I'd LOVE to be able to just have a separate list which I would just keep all my regular players in, anyone else I can visit would be a bonus.

sweetstuff525
11-25-12, 10:19 AM
You gift 5 gold? how? we only have 3 to gift.

I rotate it to 3 each day to those 5 that send me gold .... Posted that above

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-25-12, 10:20 AM
I don't visit my neighbors....

Ever?
:cool:

kwhales
11-25-12, 10:22 AM
I rotate it to 3 each day to those 5 that send me gold .... Posted that above

Oops, just re-read your post. Sorry. I see 5 gold and gifting in the same sentence and my eyes bug out.

sweetstuff525
11-25-12, 10:23 AM
Ever?
:cool:

Not really ... I did before not now... Only do sometimes like if they ask me question

Raven_Heart3
11-25-12, 10:30 AM

You ask to be accepted as a neighbor, whether it's through a persons wall, or using their ID to invite them. You get accepted and them POOF your gone.

I don't understand why neighbors ask to be neighbors, then never visit, never send gold or even send maps.

Visiting--also confuses me. I have neighbors, who asked and sometimes even begged "please please please add me", to be added and when I do add them, they never visit. Those $250 coins are nice.
If you have too many neighbors to visit, then don't ask or accept more neighbors. I understand that daily visits are not going to happen, but once in a while would be nice--like I said, the added coins go a long way.

I have recently started to house clean my neighborhood. Players I haven't heard from, like ever, are gone. Sorry, but hey, what did you expect.

So my problem or question is this: Why do players ask to be neighbors, or accept requests if they have no intention of visiting or gifting (maps at least)?

I have this same problem but on other games... half of the time I'm like how did you get on my list cuz I never see them... and I have to clean house .. I know its all a game but its no fun if your neighbors don't play..... and yes they will be the first to request something from you .....

sorry I don't play dragon story but I saw the post and wanted say something:-)

kwhales
11-25-12, 10:32 AM
I have this same problem but on other games... half of the time I'm like how did you get on my list cuz I never see them... and I have to clean house .. I know its all a game but its no fun if your neighbors don't play..... and yes they will be the first to request something from you .....

sorry I don't play dragon story but I saw the post and wanted say something:-)

What, you don't play dragon story!!!!-just kidding. Glad to have you interested in the forum at all--we could use more players show an interest and let TL know their opinion or suggestions.

salinho
11-25-12, 10:35 AM
I used to visit everyone daily before. Always had 4 eggs social rating and whatnot. But then I do 't have time xD i play on an ipad and it does not have 3G, so I can only play in places with wireless. Meaning: home and office, basically. Wish we had wireless in our courts, lol,though i'd never be able to play during a trial or a hearing, so that would be a bit pointless I guess. :p
I guess coming over to the forum is time-consuming enough... And the list!! Argh, the sheer CONFUSION of it. I too wish I could see the ID of the people who are already my neighborss.

For example, kwhales, I kept forgetting your storm8 id ! Hahaha :D i could not, for the sake of me, remember which forum user you are. And remember when I gifted Candyland? Yup, that is how distracted I am. Poor poor memory. Lol. Anyway I gift daily to a few who are my gold buddies :) only if for some reason I can't be online for the whole day or can't access the device, will I not gift. I always accept sending maps, after all, it just takes a few clicks ;)

But visiting...i can't visit 168 neighbors a day xD so I tend to do that in a rotating system, nearly random. I do, however, try and remember to visit my "favorites" every day :)

Speaking of which, yeah...we need to have a "buddies" list. Lol. Or they should have a symbol. Like, pick 10 of your fav neighbors! I already have most of the list in my head xD

purplegem611
11-25-12, 11:06 AM
I here ya!! I have 91 nbrs and only a handful visit. However I do get lots of maps sent to me. I exchange gold in the order I have received them on my news feed ( from bottom up) it takes a few days but I gift back to everyone! I send maps to any requests! I visit everyone who visits whether nbrs or not and visit those with at least two egg ratings...then visit anyone else if I need to boost my level back to 4 eggs! What drives me crazy is being asked to invite and saying they will send gold but never even visit!

Zulac99
11-25-12, 02:09 PM
If you check neighbors walls you can often tell if they still play. If it says "Full" repeatedly, and no Dragons are available for play, that's your tip off.
If they are never playing, I don't feel guilty about dropping them. Sometimes you can go back months before you see that someone played there.

kwhales
11-25-12, 02:12 PM
Yes. but my point is, why should we have to if a person asked to be a neighbor. anyway...I do think if you are no longer playing or intend to stop playing, delete your neighbors first. that is the only way we can really be sure you are no longer an active player.

enoch4
11-25-12, 02:28 PM
I had someone ask to be my neighbor on my wall, but when I added them, they ignored my friend request. Rejected! Lol.
I'm ok if some of my friends don't visit, but if they don't respond to map requests for an extended period of time, I delete them.

AuntyRose32
11-25-12, 03:23 PM
I know. Accepting maps, I mean it pop ups right away, just click accept a couple times.

This is part of the problem with not receiving maps, it doesn't just pop up right away. Some people request maps from all 150+ of their neighbours every day and apparently that clogs up their system (you can only receive twenty maps so you should not request maps from so many neighbours, at least that's what the devs say) so I often receive map requests that are four days old by the time I get them. I play daily, checking in several times through out the day and the first thing I do is check for requests from my neighbours but to those neighbours that have that four day old request (that i just received) it looks like I only accept maps every now and again when the reality is I send people's requests every day...all throughout the day. I hope that makes sense...I think there is a problem with getting maps. It takes me a week to get forty maps....

kwhales
11-25-12, 03:36 PM
This is part of the problem with not receiving maps, it doesn't just pop up right away. Some people request maps from all 150+ of their neighbours every day and apparently that clogs up their system (you can only receive twenty maps so you should not request maps from so many neighbours, at least that's what the devs say) so I often receive map requests that are four days old by the time I get them. I play daily, checking in several times through out the day and the first thing I do is check for requests from my neighbours but to those neighbours that have that four day old request (that i just received) it looks like I only accept maps every now and again when the reality is I send people's requests every day...all throughout the day. I hope that makes sense...I think there is a problem with getting maps. It takes me a week to get forty maps....

Wow. Never new map giving was such an ordeal. Sorry.

AuntyRose32
11-25-12, 03:52 PM
Wow. Never new map giving was such an ordeal. Sorry.

Lol...thanks, it is an ordeal. Granted I only have fifteen neighbours but it shouldn't take a week plus, so I'm thinking my system is getting clogged up even though I don't request more than twenty maps a day. I think they need to fix this or slightly reduce the amount of maps we need.

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-25-12, 03:59 PM
Lol...thanks, it is an ordeal. Granted I only have fifteen neighbours but it shouldn't take a week plus, so I'm thinking my system is getting clogged up even though I don't request more than twenty maps a day. I think they need to fix this or slightly reduce the amount of maps we need.

Or you could get more neighbors?
Did you purposely choose to only have 15?

kwhales
11-25-12, 04:58 PM

Wait...you only have 15 neighbors, but ask for 20 maps a day. You mean you can ask neighbors more then once a day?

AuntyRose32
11-25-12, 05:52 PM
Or you could get more neighbors?
Did you purposely choose to only have 15?

Yes, I like having less neighbours....less stress I find. I'm not in a hurry to have everything done at once I think it just bothers me because I really think there is something wrong with the request system.

AuntyRose32
11-25-12, 05:57 PM
Wait...you only have 15 neighbors, but ask for 20 maps a day. You mean you can ask neighbors more then once a day?

I wish I could ask neighbours more than once a day...no I only request fifteen maps a day. I said "even though I don't request more than twenty maps a day" I should have said "even though I request less than twenty maps a day". I can't possibly be clogging up my system from over requesting is what I mean....so to me it seems like the system is not working right.

kwhales
11-25-12, 06:20 PM
Oops did it again. Read fo fast. Sorry.

LilMzB4Life
11-25-12, 07:27 PM
I understand where you are coming from. I send maps as soon as I get the request or when I have free time. I visit those in my NewsFeed and Walls first. If I have time then I try to visit nbrs with the highest social ratings first. I send gold back in the order received starting at the bottom of the list. I have removed nbrs with 0 and 1 social ratings because they never visit, send map etc... And I have come across negativity from a couple of those who realize 2 mos. later that we are no longer nbrs. My time is limited so I don't see the point of having nbrs that are just taking up space ( 0 social ratings, never send maps, never leave tips). As a matter of fact, I will be cleaning house again at the first of the month.

yabbadooo
11-25-12, 11:50 PM
Hi all, have the same thing. I wld like to weed out some neighbors. How do yu that? Advice wld be much appreciated. Thanks!

nikky2012
11-26-12, 04:06 AM
Hi all, have the same thing. I wld like to weed out some neighbors. How do yu that? Advice wld be much appreciated. Thanks!

When I'm getting ready to weed out people, I usually start with the ones who have zero egg rating sometimes a one. Then I'll visit every neighbor and leave a note saying 'please leave a message on my wall when you visit. I"m cleaning house.' Or something along those lines. I usually delete people who then don't leave a message. But you can just pay attention to who actual visits and who doesn't.

kwhales
11-26-12, 04:12 AM
You can't always go by the social rating. As I said earlier, I have a couple neighbors that have 0 social rating, but gift me gold, one daily and other very frequently. So, I just go by the names I don't see pop up at all, regardless of ratings. They could have earned 4 ggs, the first couple days of play and then never visit anymore.

yabbadooo
11-26-12, 05:00 AM
Thanks, Niky. Well noted. I will do so with neighbors that is super quiet. I am not a perfect neighbor too...I visited mostly only those that's on my newsfeed indicating they've visited or accepting my map request. I visit as sign of thanks. Those that aren't i only visit once in a blue moon. :). Not always checking my wall as well, I mean those that come by will be recorded in newsfeed so I figured why bother. :)

makafushigi
11-26-12, 11:28 AM
Oh, I wish I could say I was a better neighbor. I do try to visit all my neighbors but its rather time consuming. I don't even visit within the community anymore and I still keep my rating at 3 bc of all my neighbors. And the golds.... Why only 3 TL? I try to gift golds to those who gift them to me and then if I don't 3 gold I go in reverse alphabetical order and send them.

dondonuk
11-26-12, 11:32 AM
I try to be neighbourly. I go on collect my goodies send gold/maps, visit the community members that have passed by then visit my 33 neighbours. All on a daily basis. I've not been playing long but know the 3 gold a day rule but what annoys me ids people that write on your wall saying add me I'll give you gold or I'll give you gold if you tell me how you bred ........ its so annoying, if anyone asks for advice I'll gladly help without feeling bribed

CrimsonCalamity
11-26-12, 11:35 AM

I hope you didn't delete me! I try to visit as often as I can. Also, with people like me, you have to understand that not everyone has wifi. For people who don't play on their phones, wifi access can sometimes hinder visiting often. I haven't had wifi for a week and therefore I haven't had the chance to visit anyone.

Sefyre
11-26-12, 04:11 PM
I'm guilty of not always visiting my neighbors.

HOWEVER:

I have an old iOS and quite frankly speaking, unless I am visiting during non-peak hours (whatever that might be and it's usually during some time I ought to be sleeping!), my game CRASHES and force-closes the app every single time I try and visit ANYONE'S Island... including my own. For this reason, I have a literal hit-and-miss record of being able to log into DS and actually get in gameplay... much less visit my neighbors! I will sometimes visit everyone in a flurry... and then have a few days where I can hardly get anything done in the game because my game keeps force-closing for reasons I don't know (aside from my iOS is older).

That said, I love having neighbors and I feel bad that I can't ever send EVERYONE gold, so I try and rotate my gold-sending so everyone on my list eventually gets some gold in the week. Also, I ALWAYS accept Map Requests, too. Like other people have said, how hard is it to click Accept for a list of Map Requests (unless you have a hundred neighbors, I guess)?

If anyone wants to send me a neighbor request, please do!

Sefyre is my forum name; it is also my Storm8 ID! :)

kwhales
11-26-12, 04:28 PM
I hope you didn't delete me! I try to visit as often as I can. Also, with people like me, you have to understand that not everyone has wifi. For people who don't play on their phones, wifi access can sometimes hinder visiting often. I haven't had wifi for a week and therefore I haven't had the chance to visit anyone.

See, this is what I'm talking about in other threads. We need to see ID's and island names, cause I kind of forget what island goes with what ID.

Like I can't remember what your island name is anymore. Matter of fact, I think out of the 90 neighbors i now have, I remember like 10, for sure, and some I can guess at. I am really sorry, but my brain is old and full of dragons!!! oh wait that's Jake.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 05:27 PM
There you confusing him/and hers again
See, this is what I'm talking about in other threads. We need to see ID's and island names, cause I kind of forget what island goes with what ID.

Like I can't remember what your island name is anymore. Matter of fact, I think out of the 90 neighbors i now have, I remember like 10, for sure, and some I can guess at. I am really sorry, but my brain is old and full of dragons!!! oh wait that's Jake.

kwhales
11-26-12, 06:08 PM
There you confusing him/and hers again

How?? not once did I use he or she, her or him. you aiming for another high heel???!!!!!!

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 08:17 PM
No young lady i surrender
How?? not once did I use he or she, her or him. you aiming for another high heel???!!!!!!

Horntail21
11-26-12, 08:29 PM
I've been thinking we need a island name thread because I forget who you are almost immediately after I add you as a neighbor. Half the time I accept neighbors I don't even look at the names. It's just like accepting a map request. I'm just furiously mashing buttons. I imagine a thread like that would get too long and out of control though and would end up being pointless anyway.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 08:31 PM
would work great if it's also kept in alphabetical order. Hard to do but ehhhh
I've been thinking we need a island name thread because I forget who you are almost immediately after I add you as a neighbor. Half the time I accept neighbors I don't even look at the names. It's just like accepting a map request. I'm just furiously mashing buttons. I imagine a thread like that would get too long and out of control though and would end up being pointless anyway.

bitealot
11-26-12, 08:36 PM
days i don't work i vist ALL my neighbors. the days i work i try to get as many as i can. Gold, (as soon as i learned it does not cost gold) there are three people that send me gold every day so they get sent gold, i really wish they would up the amount you can send a day. maps i always send maps when asked. even know it takes longer to send on my android then my gf's ipod :P

Horntail21
11-26-12, 08:39 PM
I need to change the name of my island. Fire Island? What was I thinking lol. I never planned on getting into this game.

jovanisto
11-26-12, 11:17 PM
I cannot visit islands. When I try my game crashes. Every once in a while it works and I visit 10-20 depending on the time I have at that point. But most of the time, it makes the game crash. Sometimes the fruitful dragon just runs endlessly like the island I visit is really, really far and I have to close the game after waiting for 5-10 min. I play on iPod touch purchased about 4 years ago. It's just impossible.

Tossa747
11-27-12, 12:34 AM
I visit everyone who visit me, of course. After that I go by eggs. Those with 4 eggs first, then 3 and then 2 and so on.

I also have around 10 neighbors i exchange gold with, so I never send gold to someone "new". And of course I accept maps. Usually I'm online and accepts right away, but otherwise the requests shows up at 9am (when a new day starts in the game for me).

I delete neighbors with 0 eggs. I don't see the point in having neighbors who never visit, they're just taking up my time.

My islands name is Tossland :)

MomsHouseofSweets
11-28-12, 08:51 PM
I visit all of my neighbors every day, which is presently 57. Unfortunately, can't gift but 3 of them a day, which I think is unfair. We should be able to gift them food or something! I send maps when ever they're requested. I don't see many of my neighbors visiting and I rarely received maps when they're requested, except from pretty much the same ones ... my regulars. I've been keeping track of what I see in "News", my Wall, etc and am in the process of deleting those who don't appear to be playing. Sometimes, a neighbor will post on their wall that they're out of town or whatever, which I greatly appreciate.

Takiofallen
11-28-12, 09:00 PM
As a neighbor i think everyone should maintain 1 egg. Just one. I cant see how people can't visit a few people a day. I have 100 and i see them at 5 days out of the week least .

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 09:20 PM
I cannot visit islands. When I try my game crashes. Every once in a while it works and I visit 10-20 depending on the time I have at that point. But most of the time, it makes the game crash. Sometimes the fruitful dragon just runs endlessly like the island I visit is really, really far and I have to close the game after waiting for 5-10 min. I play on iPod touch purchased about 4 years ago. It's just impossible.

This happens to me most times too. If I can get to a neighbors island, I usually cant got to more then 2/3 in a row before a forceclose. This is probably because I have to go back to my island in between and I get jammed up! (*hint *hint TL) I can never write on walls though because everytime I do it will forceclose as soon as I hit the send button. Going by the news feed isnt so accurate though is it? It only shows 10 visits and 10 map requests so unless u check it every 10 visits your bound to miss people. So if I cant post on ur wall how else will u know for sure I visited? Its a shame because I accept every map request and return as much gold as possible to keep up with but I still lose neighbors for something thats not my fault! :(

Takiofallen
11-28-12, 09:42 PM
thats rough did't know people had problems like this. But for it's not the be all end all,i also check activity. If your nest are and breeding den is empty and there is no food growing.......bu-bye
This happens to me most times too. If I can get to a neighbors island, I usually cant got to more then 2/3 in a row before a forceclose. This is probably because I have to go back to my island in between and I get jammed up! (*hint *hint TL) I can never write on walls though because everytime I do it will forceclose as soon as I hit the send button. Going by the news feed isnt so accurate though is it? It only shows 10 visits and 10 map requests so unless u check it every 10 visits your bound to miss people. So if I cant post on ur wall how else will u know for sure I visited? Its a shame because I accept every map request and return as much gold as possible to keep up with but I still lose neighbors for something thats not my fault! :(

cinnamon57
11-28-12, 10:12 PM
First of all I try to keep my friend list manageable 50-75 neighbors. I gift gold every day, returning it in the order that I receive it. I don't gift until I am done playing for the day. Its an easy way for me to tell when visiting an island if they are a neighbor or not, some of the names are so similar I can't keep them straight. I first visit back everyone on who posts to my wall. I don't always have time to visit all my neighbors so I start with those who are rated the highest. When I visit I post on their wall. if they are full they usually visit back and post, then I will re-visit. As for requesting maps, I do that after I have visited the highest rated neighbors. They will be lumped at the bottom of the neighbor list, I get a really high return rate this way. As the original poster points out the map requests pop up when you open the game, I grant those immediately. Oh, and the first of every month I delete those players with a zero rating who never visit to make room for new neighbors, including new players.

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 10:37 PM
thats rough did't know people had problems like this. But for it's not the be all end all,i also check activity. If your nest are and breeding den is empty and there is no food growing.......bu-bye

Yeah, Ive realized a few people have this problem frequently. My husband always says its my phone because he has an iphone and I have an android but not all my TL games do this! Mostly this and fashion story! Thats a good way to go though Takio. I always have something breeding, hatching and/or growing! As I said, I definitley do try my best to visit at least a couple a day but the forcecloses can get frustrating!!

Takiofallen
11-28-12, 11:32 PM
I don't get the wall thing. I never post on peoples walls. For every wall post i could visit 2 more people.

OpeningCeremony
11-28-12, 11:47 PM
I don't get the wall thing. I never post on peoples walls. For every wall post i could visit 2 more people.

My guess is that some people don't check their newsfeed to see who visited. But also the newsfeed only has a limited amount of visitor history, so you wouldn't be able to see everyone who came by. As soon as you clear your island, if someone comes by then one visitor gets bumped off the newsfeed. But I agree with you about freeing up time for more visits, I don't always post especially to the islands where I am the only one posting my visits.

Tossa747
11-29-12, 03:11 AM
Same here. I delete the posts I get on my wall (after responding to some of them). It feels wierd getting just a "x6".. I mean, I can see it in the new feed for gods sake.

Nefertekas
11-29-12, 03:15 AM
I hardly check my news feed, to be hnest xD

You post on mine sometimes... :3

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 08:25 AM
there exceptions made for those special few lol
I hardly check my news feed, to be hnest xD

You post on mine sometimes... :3

tigger04
11-29-12, 08:43 AM
I have many of the same frustrations that have already been listed here and don't have anything new to add to any of them.

I inherited this game from my daughter recently and have found that most of the people on the neighbor list don't interact at all. I was very good about trying to visit every neighbor every day and gifting afterwards but have become so frustrated due to slow load times, persistant forced closes, and the general indifference of my neighbors.

I have noticed that most of my neighbors have a rating of 2 or more yet my news feed shows that only about 4 of them have visited me during the month of November. These same four are also the only ones to send gifts. My map requests do seem to get a bit better response, but not by much.

My frustration has led me to only send gifts as a "gift back" option. I do this daily but have found that more and more often I have been using the remnants of days old gifts. Once every week I send gold to all of my neighbors and always receive the message "your gifts have been sent but Xx of your friends did not receive..." blab blab blab. Usually 8-12 of the gifts do not go through. I figure this at least gives everyone a chance to get on the daily list.

I do want to touch on wall posting. I do not post on walls. It just seems silly to leave "x6" or "full" or whatever on all those walls. My daughter used the walls to gain the neighbors we have by placing a few desperate "add me" posts since I wouldn't allow my young child on any forum.

Ok, before tl:dr comes into play I will wrap this up. I have been trying to invite more neighbors, I try to interact with the islands of others, and I am hopelessly addicted to this game!

jl0408
11-29-12, 09:07 AM
My frustration has led me to only send gifts as a "gift back" option. I do this daily but have found that more and more often I have been using the remnants of days old gifts. Once every week I send gold to all of my neighbors and always receive the message "your gifts have been sent but Xx of your friends did not receive..." blab blab blab. Usually 8-12 of the gifts do not go through. I figure this at least gives everyone a chance to get on the daily list.

You can only sent 3 gold per day. So if you're mass gifting it will only go to the 1st 3 selected. I'm pretty sure that's how that works anyway. The gift back option is the better way to do it. Or select the 3 you want to send to that day and send them all at once.

tigger04
11-29-12, 09:11 AM
Thank you telling me this. Why on earth do they allow you to go through your list if you cant send to all of them??

Anyways, since I don't always make it through my my list when visiting my first three listed do tend to vary. I will just have to pay closer attention to ensure I do vary the three.

jl0408
11-29-12, 09:25 AM
I'm probably one of those bad neighbors you're frustrated about :/ When I started playing TL games back in March, I was diligent about visiting & gifting neighbors everyday. Then work and life got in the way and I didn't have as much time to visit all neighbors in all the games I play. I still gift daily and respond to map/part requests as I get them. But visiting everyone is now more like every couple weeks or once a month. I know I've been deleted by many already in all the games because of that. And I get it, because I used to do that too. I would like to visit more often, but there just isn't always the time to do so. Maybe I should make this my New Year's resolution.

Zulac99
11-29-12, 09:32 AM
Regarding that "wall thing".
It's a very good tool for determining who is playing and who is not. If the messages on a neighbors wall indicate they are always full, then you know that they rarely play. It's very easy to paste a daily message onto someones wall that lets other visitors know the status. Good or bad.

TL has said that requesting maps from everyone on your list clogs the network. I think that that is why they don't have a "request map from all" button. I have better things to do then click 200 boxes everyday so I'm diligent about removing people that don't play. I get by with about 50 neighbors and I still get 20 maps every day. I know some of my neighbors miss occasionally and I'm fine with that.

People do leave the game, they won't be offended if you remove them from your neighbor list.

Horntail21
11-29-12, 09:35 AM
I have better things to do then click 200 boxes everyday
Now I am depressed cause that's literally what I just got done doing... lol

makafushigi
11-29-12, 09:40 AM
I feel like 50 would be the max amt of neighbors I can have. Its quite time consuming to visit everyone everyday. And I don't write on walls saying that I played. But I'd like to let my neighbors know I do visit, accept map requests, and I do try to send gold.... I LOVE YOU GUYS!! :D

MomsHouseofSweets
12-02-12, 08:23 AM
Mentioned earlier that I was keeping track with my own list and what's on "news". Quite an eye opener, as there are/were a lot of neighbors who don't visit, don't respond to requests for maps and don't gift back. After work today, I will delete a lot of my neighbors. Hate it, but ... it has to happen. I know people are busy. I'm busy and I also have to deal with being plagued with Force Closings and game restarts, but I take care of my neighbors. I realize that there are "some" who requested being added as neighbors due to some goal perhaps and because of that, I no longer accept just anyone who wants to be added, but visit and watch for a few days. It really saddens me to have to delete people, but because of "the plague", it takes me about 1 1/2 hours just to visit neighbors. This morning alone, I dealt with 15 Force Closings and game restarts. I respond to every request for maps and I visit my neighbors every day and keep track of those whose islands are full and return later in the day or night, depending on the shift I work. Just wish people wouldn't ask to be added only expecting to receive and not give, because I hate having to delete them later. :(

kwhales
12-02-12, 08:41 AM
Yesterday and Friday I deleted about ten neighbors. Sorry but it had to happen. Friday I had 3 friend request, yesterday I had 8 and today I have 2 already. So out with the old (non actives) in with the new.

Horntail21
12-02-12, 10:03 AM
Yesterday and Friday I deleted about ten neighbors. Sorry but it had to happen. Friday I had 3 friend request, yesterday I had 8 and today I have 2 already. So out with the old (non actives) in with the new.

I just now went down from 214 to 126. Don't think I will be adding any new friends for a while.

kwhales
12-02-12, 11:12 AM
I do have a request of forum members.

If you want to be added as my neighbor, please send me a PM. I keep getting requests and have no idea who they are from. I accept forum members over non forum members, but not knowing who you are is frustrating. Maybe someday our ID will appear as well as our island name.

Sefyre
12-02-12, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to vent some frustrations regarding being neighborly.

Android users aren't the only ones experiencing force-close when visiting neighbors or trying to post on walls and stuff. My iOS game (I am rather sure it is because it is older) crashes throughout the daytime hours that I try and visit and interact and pretty much won't let me DO anything neighborly until most reasonable people in my time zone have gone off to bed and are well asleep!

That's kind of ridiculous and how I have managed TO visit all of my neighbors in the first place on a 24-48 hour/once a day or once every other day basis is a bit amazing.

But yeah. Force-closing is really, really not fun and it severely hampers and interferes with the whole social aspect of this game that I rather enjoy. :( I like being able to visit neighbors just for the sake of visiting their Dragons and it just gets hair-pulling at times when all of my attempts to visit result in a game crash.

lylahmae
12-02-12, 04:43 PM
Kwhales I cannot visit neighbors without a force close after each one. However I do give maps every time. And I am sure not everyone has the force close problem.

Nefertekas
12-02-12, 04:44 PM
TL has said that requesting maps from everyone on your list clogs the network. I think that that is why they don't have a "request map from all" button. I have better things to do then click 200 boxes everyday so I'm diligent about removing people that don't play.

Was it TL itself that said that? I remember a forum member speculating it, but I don't remember seeing a confirmation. A button for all the neighbors WOULD be nice. It's becoming a mess to request maps.

I gotta stop doing what I do, honestly. I log into the game and tap indiscriminately on whatever is on my news feed, and most of the time I don't even see who the new neighbors are xDDD

I just now went down from 214 to 126. Don't think I will be adding any new friends for a while.

Wowzers! The pther day it took me like ten minutes do delete about ten neighbors, and I was irritated about it. Lol.

MomsHouseofSweets
12-02-12, 05:06 PM
Well ... to request maps from neighbors individually and not enmass, would be near impossible what with the FC and game restarting plague. Since it takes 2 to 3 days to even GET the needed maps (not to mention waiting 2 and 3 days to clear real estate after getting maps), I can't see spending 2 days requesting them! Absurd. Unless someone doesn't work (or go to college), does nothing else and has nothing but time on their hands, i don't see being able to spend that much time. This game takes a LOT of time and it's a LOT of time spent waiting. If so many of us didn't have to suffer through the FCs and game closings, maybe ... just maybe, that much time could be spent requesting maps. Of course, it would be wonderful if those you requested them from, actually sent maps. Not the case for me. Most of my neighbors don't send maps. Oh, they like to get them, just not send them. Same goes with visiting islands. Why do they even bother to play, because they're not really playing.

kwhales
12-02-12, 05:36 PM
Please note...I do not delete neighbors indiscriminately. The ones I deleted, I never heard from. Not even a map. Ever. and yes I know you can only get 20 maps per day, but I don't request them the same time every time I need one, so to not respond at all because 20 other people beat you, please.

Right now I am frustrated that this weekend I added neighbors who requested me. Great, 10 more neighbors. This was on Saturday afternoon. As of yet, ZERO new neighbors visited....Oh wait, yes 2 did...after I visited them. This is what bothers me. They ask to be a neighbor, so why don't they visit...I mean they're new to the neighborhood, you would think they would want to visit at least in the beginning.

MomsHouseofSweets
12-02-12, 06:00 PM
My daughter, who's nearly 21 and also a player and I were just talking about neighbors and the requesting/receiving of maps. She said that it could be that neighbors aren't receiving the requests. Hmmm. She said that since we are limited to receiving only a certain number a day, which is 20, maybe our neighbors aren't ever receiving our requests and wondered if we need to request from neighbors on our lists from top to bottom and next time, bottom to top or mix it up, but only send out 20 requests. I'm probably not wording this very well, so it's as clear as mud, but it has me thinking. Perhaps she's right.
Either way ... we have far too many limits and restrictions.

Tossa747
12-02-12, 06:05 PM
If you send, say 100, requests everyone will get a popup, and the rest gets them the next day and so on. I sometimes get requests that are several days old. When the day starts over I always have around 10 requests.

Kwhales, hope you didn't delete me :) I've visited you every day since we became neighbors (Tossland). :)

kwhales
12-02-12, 06:12 PM
If you send, say 100, requests everyone will get a popup, and the rest gets them the next day and so on. I sometimes get requests that are several days old. When the day starts over I always have around 10 requests.

Kwhales, hope you didn't delete me :) I've visited you every day since we became neighbors (Tossland). :)

No I didn't delete you. See, exactly. How hard is it to send a map?? But, funny, they have no problem requesting them.

sourlicorice5
12-03-12, 11:11 AM
Why do I have the feeling that the players I am posing this question to are not forum members?

and, sourlicorice--that's exactly what I am wondering. You say that very few neighbors visit you....why don't they? I just wonder why people ask to be neighbors if they don't visit at least once in a while.

I think it would be great if TL would let us organize our neighbor list the way we want to and not alphabetically. I also wish that if you visit a neighbor and was unable to play, it wouldn't go to the bottom of the list. Most times its hard to remember who you played with and who you didn't because once you enter the island, the name goes to the bottom of the list.

and....i think this is part of the problem. Once you enter an island, and it is full, its kind of gone...so probably more neighbors are visiting then we think, but we were full and if you are not a wall writer, and put 'full', you never know that neighbor visited. Maybe I should become someone who makes a conscious effort to write on every neighbors wall 'full'. Hmmm, wonder if that would help.

It may be they just don't have the time, don't like the visiting aspect, or play too many games and some they don't visit while other games they do. Who knows. I did start out visiting all my nbrs on dragon but after a while after not getting any return visits, I stopped visiting them and only visit those that visit me. I don't really care if nbrs visit me on dragon (FYI - don't send an invite. My ID on the forum is not my ID for my main dragon game or any of my main story games. It's my ID for the one I just gift myself and 2 other nbrs extra gold from). I play too many games lol. By the time I get to dragon I'm glad I only have had a small handful of nbrs that have visited to visit back.

mammami08
12-03-12, 11:31 AM
I hope you won't delete me dear neighbors, i,m having major troubles with the game FC right now. It started with the album update and got worse when the Anubis dragon was released. To day i finally got an Anubis but had to try to buy the diamond habitat 14 times....

Then i thought i move my sword in a stone and put some cobblerstones around it, tried 23 times and then i gave up. So visiting my own store is one thing that triggers the FC. Visiting neighbours is another, but sometimes it is ok to visit but if i like to write on your wall it FC:s on me always.

tigger04
12-03-12, 01:18 PM
Oh no! I hope I wasn't one of those new neighbors! I had a berg busy weekend and didn't get very much quality time with my phone. I feel so guilty...

Please note...I do not delete neighbors indiscriminately. The ones I deleted, I never heard from. Not even a map. Ever. and yes I know you can only get 20 maps per day, but I don't request them the same time every time I need one, so to not respond at all because 20 other people beat you, please.

Right now I am frustrated that this weekend I added neighbors who requested me. Great, 10 more neighbors. This was on Saturday afternoon. As of yet, ZERO new neighbors visited....Oh wait, yes 2 did...after I visited them. This is what bothers me. They ask to be a neighbor, so why don't they visit...I mean they're new to the neighborhood, you would think they would want to visit at least in the beginning.

kwhales
12-03-12, 03:28 PM
Oh no! I hope I wasn't one of those new neighbors! I had a berg busy weekend and didn't get very much quality time with my phone. I feel so guilty...

Don't feel guilty. One weekend won't make me delete someone. I was just making a point. Right now I have 8 more invites pending. I want to add them but I also want to keep my neighbor quota low, for my own sanity and guilt of not being able to visit everyone.

smjdel
12-03-12, 06:04 PM
Why do they even bother to play, because they're not really playing.

There are lots of different ways to enjoy the game. Just because someone doesn't visit every neighbor every day doesn't mean he/she isn't playing the game.

Mlb3116
12-04-12, 07:41 PM
My daughter, who's nearly 21 and also a player and I were just talking about neighbors and the requesting/receiving of maps. She said that it could be that neighbors aren't receiving the requests. Hmmm. She said that since we are limited to receiving only a certain number a day, which is 20, maybe our neighbors aren't ever receiving our requests and wondered if we need to request from neighbors on our lists from top to bottom and next time, bottom to top or mix it up, but only send out 20 requests. I'm probably not wording this very well, so it's as clear as mud, but it has me thinking. Perhaps she's right.
Either way ... we have far too many limits and restrictions.

I think this may be the case sometimes! Me, my husband and my son all play ds and have noticed that every now and then we will send map requests to one another that are never recieved! My husband will get down to that one map left that he needs to expand and be mad cause I never sent him one. But I KNOW I never got the request! So even though hes been requesting maps from every neighbor for the past two days, I know for sure that I havent recieved one from him for at least three or four days. I know this doesnt happen all the time but it does happen!

Nefertekas
12-05-12, 04:54 AM
I think this may be the case sometimes! Me, my husband and my son all play ds and have noticed that every now and then we will send map requests to one another that are never recieved! My husband will get down to that one map left that he needs to expand and be mad cause I never sent him one. But I KNOW I never got the request! So even though hes been requesting maps from every neighbor for the past two days, I know for sure that I havent recieved one from him for at least three or four days. I know this doesnt happen all the time but it does happen!

Same here!
And I have so many neighbors now @.@ I wish it were easier to get rid of some, lol. But it takes too long and so mostly I don't bother with that. I cleaned out once.
Sometimes I'll just forget to visit my neighbors, unless they write on my wall. And even so, I'm VERY forgetful, not to mention lazy, and I hate scrolling my list to find the people I want xD oh, how I wish I could have a favorites list...I know who they are but I want them to be easier to find... *sniff*

Tossa747
12-05-12, 06:36 AM
I've deletet (almost) everyone with 0 and 1 eggs. The only expectation is a few that I know have connection problems or are away. I want to be able to visit my neighbors everyday, and right now I'm getting so many requests/day so I'll have to keep my list updated :)

Ororo132
12-07-12, 08:56 PM
I wonder if there's any way to send a canned message to all Nbrs? Like 4ex: I want 2tell all Nbrs 2send parts only but it would take 4evr 2write that on every single wall!

suzysuzy35
12-17-12, 03:44 AM
I originally played this game on my iPod on suzysuzy34,which I will be giving to my daughter as a Christmas present, she's only eight, but she really wants to play dragon story, so I've agreed with my help.

Anyway when I was originally playing this game I had made some neighbour requests and I've just seen that I have some neighbours - ID - nettking, Saint George, lucky8canuck, dragons lair, Stella's island, fafnir, emg1 and a few others.

Anyway if you see this I would really appreciate it if you didn't delete me as we will be up and running on Xmas day.

suzysuzy35
12-17-12, 03:54 AM
And I'm really sorry to those of you who had pending neighbour requests, I really never thought to check my iPod account.if anyone wants to delete as a neighbour I totally understand.

Nefertekas
12-17-12, 05:27 AM
I originally played this game on my iPod on suzysuzy34,which I will be giving to my daughter as a Christmas present, she's only eight, but she really wants to play dragon story, so I've agreed with my help.

Anyway when I was originally playing this game I had made some neighbour requests and I've just seen that I have some neighbours - ID - nettking, Saint George, lucky8canuck, dragons lair, Stella's island, fafnir, emg1 and a few others.

Anyway if you see this I would really appreciate it if you didn't delete me as we will be up and running on Xmas day.

Got your message ;D i think it's cute, what you're doing for your kid x) my nephew hasn't turned six yet and he loves to play (though i have to help him out) but he's doing okay so far, so your daughter will too. This is a really fun game for kids x)

suzysuzy35
12-17-12, 06:08 AM
Believe me so is every very eager to play and get her hands on my iPod, she even asks me to put on dragon story on my device very early in the morning!!!! Thanks for being undstanding, I really hadn't thought to check that device and it must be really frustrating when people hadn't accepted neighbour requests and oops I was one of them.

Nefertekas
12-17-12, 09:35 AM
Believe me so is every very eager to play and get her hands on my iPod, she even asks me to put on dragon story on my device very early in the morning!!!! Thanks for being undstanding, I really hadn't thought to check that device and it must be really frustrating when people hadn't accepted neighbour requests and oops I was one of them.
Like my nephew then xD he usually gets up and grabs the ipod to check stuff, even waking me up at times when he gets a rare egg. He got his first athletic yesterday and was excited about it xD he's level 46 and had only gotten magic dragons so far. :)
Ah, it's okay. Don't worry. ;)

kooky panda
12-17-12, 11:16 AM

Got your message ;D i think it's cute, what you're doing for your kid x) my nephew hasn't turned six yet and he loves to play (though i have to help him out) but he's doing okay so far, so your daughter will too. This is a really fun game for kids x)
Please note that players need to be at least 13 to play the team lava games.
Terms of Service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?227-***NEW***-Terms-of-Service)