PDA

View Full Version : What gem animal is worth buying?

thatgirl444
11-24-12, 07:03 PM
I was thinking of using my saved up gems to buy an animal or two
I was first going to get the regular piggy and the sheep.
Now with this new update we got many other types...colors..etc (some insanely expensive)
Now I dont know which pet I should invest in...or maybe an apple tree?
What have you bought with gems or what are you lusting after.. what are your thoughts? Thanks a bunch :)

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 07:41 PM
I bought the fruit trees

GTMoney
11-24-12, 07:57 PM
Here's some information that might help.

In general, the higher the gem cost of an animal, the better things it will drop.

- Royal Cows often drop Prime Cuts and Hides (and can even drop more than one Prime Cut at once!).
- Black Sheep have the highest chance of any animal to drop a Prime Cut.
- Besides being cute, Royal Pigs are the best truffle-finders.
- Apple, Orange and Lemon Trees all have their own cooking recipes to unlock- and if you learn and master all three recipes you can even take part in a new Cooking Caravan.
- The Apple Tree has the added bonus of being the best (but not only) way to find the Golden Apple that you can trade to the Baron for Sir Pigglesworth.

thatgirl444
11-24-12, 08:07 PM
thanks for the info GTMoney.....awww so regular trees can also drop a golden apple? I dont want to harvest half of my forest just to find it...heh
Is it possible to receive any of those prime animals and trees from doing adventures? and if so which one?

nokkha
11-24-12, 08:40 PM
I got lemon tree from the Bandits quest ^^ my friend though got the apple tree from the same quest!

GTMoney
11-24-12, 08:52 PM
thanks for the info GTMoney.....awww so regular trees can also drop a golden apple? I dont want to harvest half of my forest just to find it...heh
Is it possible to receive any of those prime animals and trees from doing adventures? and if so which one?

Regular trees cannot drop the Golden Apple.

All Gem animals in the game can be found by doing adventures. The higher the gem cost of the animal, the more advanced adventure you will need to do to have a chance to find it.

roosfamily
11-25-12, 09:00 AM
- The Apple Tree has the added bonus of being the best (but not only) way to find the Golden Apple that you can trade to the Baron for Sir Pigglesworth.

Hmmm is that true? I'm tending 4 apple trees since thursday, I've had tons of normal apples but no gold one. My stack is full. If there is a probability to find the golden one I guess it is lower than obtain it from the magic garden.

queentina3
11-25-12, 09:03 AM
I got a Royal Cow, Royal Pig, and an Apple/Orange/Lemon tree. :)

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 10:35 AM
Hmmm is that true? I'm tending 4 apple trees since thursday, I've had tons of normal apples but no gold one. My stack is full. If there is a probability to find the golden one I guess it is lower than obtain it from the magic garden.

It's just luck, I got my golden one after tending an apple tree 5 times.

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 10:37 AM
I got a Royal Cow, Royal Pig, and an Apple/Orange/Lemon tree. :)

From adventures or bought? I bought some gems when the sale was on and debating with myself if/what to buy

queentina3
11-25-12, 10:48 AM
From adventures or bought? I bought some gems when the sale was on and debating with myself if/what to buy

Bought, I haven't received anything from the adventures really. I've been doing the Dark Caves one for the past few days and I get energy and maybe a gem here or there, otherwise just the resources I already have a ton of. LOL

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 11:02 AM
Is your royal pig and cow grown, what do they give?

queentina3
11-25-12, 11:07 AM
Is your royal pig and cow grown, what do they give?

Just my cow but since he's grown I haven't had to click on him again. As soon as I do I'll come back to post what he gave me. Not sure how many more times I'll have to click the pig before he's grown.

queentina3
11-25-12, 11:45 AM
Royal Cow = 1 xp, 40 coins, 1 Prime Cut

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the update!

queentina3
11-25-12, 02:54 PM
The Royal Pig = 1 XP, 3 Bacon, 30 coins.

freshpickins
11-26-12, 02:10 AM

I'm still debating if I should get any gems at all. So tempting to buy the trees and the animals, but it's a road of no return.

queentina3
11-26-12, 06:13 AM
The Royal Pig = 1 XP, 3 Bacon, 30 coins.

I also got a Truffle, but only 1. I was hoping it would drop 2. LOL

AkumaNeko
11-26-12, 10:32 AM
****! Just lost a ton of gems by accidentally completing the tavern :/ my advice is to buy anything in case of incidents like this :/

arale_norimaki
11-26-12, 11:08 AM
****! Just lost a ton of gems by accidentally completing the tavern :/ my advice is to buy anything in case of incidents like this :/

I got 15 gems from a pet story goal, that brought me to 35 and I immediately bought a sheep, just in case!!!

midnightmeerkat
11-26-12, 11:16 AM
Royal Cow = 1 xp, 40 coins, 1 Prime Cut

Thanks heaps for the updates, how often do you collect from the royal cow, and is it still giving prime cuts?

queentina3
11-26-12, 11:49 AM
I think the Cow is 1 hour and the Pig is 2 hours. I get Bacon, Truffles, Coins, and XP from the Pig (sometimes 1 bacon 2 truffle, sometimes 2 bacon 1 truffle and sometimes neither). I get Prime Cut, Coins, XP from the Cow, mostly just 1 Prime Cut and not every time. It may give hide and milk as well, but I'm full on those right now. LOL

mystoryzoozoo
12-14-12, 03:54 AM
Regular trees cannot drop the Golden Apple.

All Gem animals in the game can be found by doing adventures. The higher the gem cost of the animal, the more advanced adventure you will need to do to have a chance to find it.

I have two nbrs who claim the coin brought "crab apple tree" produced golden apple. But we're told here regular trees do not produce them. Are they mistaken?