PDA

View Full Version : The Album update is a JOKE!!! - Major Issue

BellaNicole_NYC
11-23-12, 12:52 PM
The Album/Storage update is a JOKE!!!

First off I have had every single dragon in the game multiple times all in epic form. I logged on and seen the album update and since I didn't have some old low earners dragons (which I deleted to make room for the new more rare ones) I just speed bred them really quick and made them epic so that I would show in my album and then sold them to collect the next one I was missing. WRONG - TL removes the dragon from your collection list once you sell it - EVEN RARES and Specials.

I first sold an epic eagle and epic pumpkin (which were in my collection list as COLLECTED) - then I sold them so I could breed life, wild and air, and others that I was missing. To my surprise the ones I just made epic to get the 3 star collector seal were gone from the collection in the album once I sold them.

My point being is that once they are in your list as COLLECTED - and you sell them they should still be in the album as COLLECTED not missing. After all what the hell is the use of having an album of dragons you have collected over time if they don't stay once sold - I can look at my island and see what dragons I have I don't need an album for that. I mean I'm not stupid I know I'm missing 4 or 5 dragons to complete the set but it is impossible to have them all in your collection list if we only have 30 habitats.

To be honest - It would be better to have storage for DRAGONS like that other game you ripped off (hmmm Dragonvale) - that way you could store the dragons to make room for others AND THEN your album would make sense but as it is right now its sorta lame and retarded.

So not only did they not add a description to the game on how it really works, you have stole my gold which I just used to speed breed and evolve to mark the item as collected, took a special pumpkin dragon which is no longer active and took my collected dragons which I already had.

Team Lame you have done it again - great job.

Takiofallen
11-23-12, 12:59 PM
It's is possible to have all dragons with the current habitat allotment and doubles of some.

BellaNicole_NYC
11-23-12, 01:11 PM
If they really wanted to generate revenue out of this update (which they are a business that should be the goal) then the Album SHOULD show all collected dragons which would make more players buy gold to get the ones not shown as being collected - as it stands right now it is just a good idea poorly executed.

Takiofallen
11-23-12, 01:19 PM
Well i don't have all the dragons but i have most of them just missing 3diamond hybrids . I keep the one's i like if i get the rest so be it but i do have space for them all. To your point of the album being useless thats simply for you. I enjoy the album it serves more then one function. Now i understand why your pi.ssed. after selling those dragons that you used gold to get i would be to.

It's not like the album is viewed by other players you know what you have bred

Takiofallen
11-23-12, 01:23 PM
If they really wanted to generate revenue out of this update (which they are a business that should be the goal) then the Album SHOULD show all collected dragons which would make more players buy gold to get the ones not shown as being collected - as it stands right now it is just a good idea poorly executed.

The album does show the ones people are missing and this update was given to address some of the problems people had. Again i get where your frustration is coming from but truth is something is better then nothing the game is better because of the update. Hopefully they will continue to improve.

mammami08
11-23-12, 01:46 PM
Ok, we all play for different reasons and have our own personal "goals" hiw we choose to breed and what dragons we keep or not. For ME it is importent to have one of each even if three commons might earn less coins than one diamond hybrid. I might be stupid but i have sold three cruzaiders in the past but kept my life dragon. But thats MY choice and i'm fully understand that other gamers don't see it the same way.

I do enjoy the new album alot, it makes it easy to see which dragons you have and which you are missing. It also showes the amount of money the earns at the different levels. I don't have to come to the forum or the shop to do this. And were does it say that the once you sold should count. Ok mayby i would think it would be a bit funny ( or not) to see the numbers of island i have breed since i started. But only because a album functions in another way in another game i can't just asume it will be the same in this game. When i saw the album i thought of it as showing the dragons i do have, not to show all dragons i ever had, so for me there is no missunderstanding.

I have a second game going on my phone and i did get all the stuff for the album goals there and only have 29 out of 65 dragons so i suppose you should have fullfilled the goals anyway? So if your personal goals with this game isn't to have all dragons but more super rares and ultra rares just ignore the empty spots in the album and be proud that you have a high number of the ultra rares ;)

Zamoraksblood
11-23-12, 01:49 PM
You can have them all... You just can only have 2 diamond habitats...

mammami08
11-23-12, 02:00 PM
You can have them all... You just can only have 2 diamond habitats...

I have 7 diamond habitats ( one for the diamond, one for infinity, one for angel and one for each diamond hybrid) and still have room for all the others and a couple of duplicats. And i do have all avalible dragon and the cap is 30 habitats. So if you have one for each diamond or diamond hybrid that's 7, that leaves you with 23 others. 23x3= 69 and there are 56 (just checked the album) dragons besides the diamond ones. So if you have one of every dragon you still have room for 13 more.

But i strongly agree that we DO need more habitats...

salinho
11-23-12, 02:00 PM
Would you rather have a life, genie, wild, firestorm and all of the other small ****py low earning dragons or diamonds/hybrids that actually earn?

My point being what the hell is the use of the album that shows what we have when we can look at the island and see that. The album is pointless if it doesn't track what players have collected.

I agree. It is rather idiotic that the album does not keep record of the dragons we've managed to breed. Either they increase habitat cap, or this is just plain silly.

Also, album does not show whether the dragon is a common, rare or super rare.

salinho
11-23-12, 02:08 PM
I do enjoy the new album alot, it makes it easy to see which dragons you have and which you are missing. It also showes the amount of money the earns at the different levels. I don't have to come to the forum or the shop to do this. And were does it say that the once you sold should count. Ok mayby i would think it would be a bit funny ( or not) to see the numbers of island i have breed since i started. But only because a album functions in another way in another game i can't just asume it will be the same in this game. When i saw the album i thought of it as showing the dragons i do have, not to show all dragons i ever had, so for me there is no missunderstanding.

I disagree.
Once you have bred a dragon it should show up on the records. You've had it, raised it to epic, sold it. It was there. It's now HOW many dragons that you've managed to breed, it's that you have, in fact, bred thatvdragon type.

Apparently the album only show what dragons we have NOW. Meh.

Zamoraksblood
11-23-12, 02:21 PM
I have 7 diamond habitats ( one for the diamond, one for infinity, one for angel and one for each diamond hybrid) and still have room for all the others and a couple of duplicats. And i do have all avalible dragon and the cap is 30 habitats. So if you have one for each diamond or diamond hybrid that's 7, that leaves you with 23 others. 23x3= 69 and there are 56 (just checked the album) dragons besides the diamond ones. So if you have one of every dragon you still have room for 13 more.

But i strongly agree that we DO need more habitats...

What I meant was that with the new dragons all coming, you will eventually only have room for 2 diamond habitats
This is because we will need all those extras for the 3-type dragons and the unfinished 2-type chains

salinho
11-23-12, 02:23 PM
Eentually we are running out of room...

BellaNicole_NYC
11-23-12, 02:51 PM
I disagree.
Once you have bred a dragon it should show up on the records. You've had it, raised it to epic, sold it. It was there. It's now HOW many dragons that you've managed to breed, it's that you have, in fact, bred thatvdragon type.

Yeah this was my misunderstanding of the whole thing... whats the purpose of it showing what you have now - you can see that on the island itself, no need for an album to tell you the same info.

On the other hand I believe the album should be what is implied - a COLLECTORS Album which means once you have bred a dragon it counts towards your album which would show you have achieved that dragon, grew it to epic and as a collector you have succeeded in that venture and on to the next one.

Like I said before - good idea but poor execution.

sweetstuff525
11-23-12, 02:56 PM
i dont see a big deal.. since most goals aren't retroactive in most tl games... and this in a way is a goal to get all dragons in albumn

i luv the albumn and i like the 2 dragons, 20 gold, sword i got from album so far thanks tl

mammami08
11-23-12, 03:00 PM
I disagree.

We can agree to disagree ;) i don't think it should count if you don't have it, but thats just me. If you are a collector of lets say cars or rare stamps or whatever, if you sell a car out of your collection you don't have it any more so it's not in your collection. If you are aiming for a complet collection and you are missing just that one car you sold then it's not complet.

mammami08
11-23-12, 03:04 PM
Yeah this was my misunderstanding of the whole thing... whats the purpose of it showing what you have now - you can see that on the island itself, no need for an album to tell you the same info.

On the other hand I believe the album should be what is implied - a COLLECTORS Album which means once you have bred a dragon it counts towards your album which would show you have achieved that dragon, grew it to epic and as a collector you have succeeded in that venture and on to the next one.

Like I said before - good idea but poor execution.

Well, i have 76 dragons in total and it is getting a bit clutterd so i think it's so much easier to get the overview in the album. Thats the thing for me, since my personal goal was to get one of every dragon and have them on the island, if i sold one and ut still showed as i have it in the album it would be confusing for me :)

mammami08
11-23-12, 03:09 PM
What I meant was that with the new dragons all coming, you will eventually only have room for 2 diamond habitats
This is because we will need all those extras for the 3-type dragons and the unfinished 2-type chains

Yes ofcourse eventually there will be no more room, but i'm pretty sure that there will be a raise of the habitat cap to eventually.

And i was wrong about the numbers in my previous post, there are acctually 59 (66in total but 7 being diamond kinds) dragons you can have. I checked my iphone account and tat said 63 but my main account says 66 so i'm guessing some don't show at the phone account.

kwhales
11-23-12, 03:10 PM
The ablum is what it says, an ablum...just like photo albums...take away a picture, the space is empty. And on this dragon ablum, take away a dragon, the space is empty...but the memories live on. So relax a bit.

flowless
11-24-12, 12:25 AM
The ablum is what it says, an ablum...just like photo albums...take away a picture, the space is empty. And on this dragon ablum, take away a dragon, the space is empty...but the memories live on. So relax a bit.

I completely agree

It shows what u have not what u used to have

Plus I'm sure the cap of habits would increase as the game progress

Maybe an extra island would magically appear from the sea ( hoping :)

Just be grateful that there are rewards and they are retroactive

lizzygee23
11-24-12, 01:46 AM
What is this album!? I don't have one!!

azychan
11-24-12, 01:50 AM
I completely agree

It shows what u have not what u used to have

Plus I'm sure the cap of habits would increase as the game progress

Just be grateful that there are rewards and they are retroactive

Well then, it's great! I just hope that Android will have the "Light" tab in the market, that's all.
And clearing cost decrease :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-24-12, 02:02 AM

Haha. I too have hoped for this!

salinho
11-24-12, 02:34 AM
I just think it would maxe more sense if it showed what you had acchoeved. You know what? Wouldn't it just be hilarious if it showed how many dragons you��'ve bred of that type, so far?
Lol at my island... Aether, 1. Clown, 2. Scorpion, 7. Firestorm...654637 and counting!! :p

salinho
11-24-12, 02:35 AM
*acchieved

We need an edit button for this forum -.-

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-24-12, 02:38 AM
I just think it would maxe more sense if it showed what you had acchoeved. You know what? Wouldn't it just be hilarious if it showed how many dragons you��'ve bred of that type, so far?
Lol at my island... Aether, 1. Clown, 2. Scorpion, 7. Firestorm...654637 and counting!! :p

lolol... don't forget to add in those poisons!!!

Mlb3116
11-24-12, 05:25 AM

If your on android thats why, we were left out of this major update....AGAIN!!
If your on ios then you need to go to your app store and download the update.

kwhales
11-24-12, 06:16 AM

This would actually be kind of nice. The main picture could disappear, but the number of dragons would stay, so you know how many you actually achieved even if you sell one. They would definitely need to make the number capability a large space for the fruitfuls, firestorms, posions, and all the rest that make their appearance regularly.

mammami08
11-24-12, 06:57 AM
Maybe they could put in how many eggs you have had, since i almost everytime sell mine directly from the egg, but for me it would be island 123456 and sorry to say so counting ;(

salinho
11-24-12, 08:00 AM
Maybe they could put in how many eggs you have had, since i almost everytime sell mine directly from the egg, but for me it would be island 123456 and sorry to say so counting ;(

Yes, that. You with the islands, me with firestorms. Well, 12 hrs failtime is better than 20 :(

Lol I forgot the poisons, yeah xD they'd have to at least make it a 3-digit number, lol!

And now,..9th scorpion,not 7th. Gah!

PDAGuppies
11-24-12, 08:34 AM
I hate when you get the same dragn agin and again, I was wondering if they could to like an egg storage...

Countergolem
11-24-12, 10:41 AM
i have to agree with BellaNicole_NYC. many other games i played before, all their albums were permanent . i feel this album is different in a wrong way. and honestly i think ppl say they like it only for the rewards.

kristieron
11-24-12, 11:20 PM
i dont think the ablum should count what i sell, a collection is not something you give away,or something you sell. That would be like me saying i collect coins well pictures of coins because i spent them at a store lol its helpful to keep track of what we have and what others have because half time you can see certain dragons on some islands. I have a neighbor who swears he bred a turkey but some cant see it so they are posting where is it thinking he is lying! But i do see some of points ppl are trying to make on here.

Takiofallen
11-25-12, 12:31 AM
You know what i really don't get? Whats all the complaints about with this. Now i'm not saying that people don't have the right to complain, what i'm saying is that TL gave us something we didn't even ask for. You do have the choice of just going back to new dawn and leaving the album feature. If i had to choose between having it and not having it i would choose to have it. I also think people miss the underlined point to the album which i believe was to avoid gold traps when viewing dragons.

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-25-12, 05:07 AM
I have a neighbor who swears he bred a turkey but some cant see it so they are posting where is it thinking he is lying! .

That's funny and sad all at the same time.

salinho
11-25-12, 05:40 AM
That's funny and sad all at the same time.
Lol, yup :D speaking of funny, I could have sworn that 2 days ago I had a 9 hour breeding time on my nephew's account (this one). Which was cool, because I had just gotten him a Gobbledegoo in Monster Story , where there is the exact same contest as here. So I was like, "cool! Both turkeys for him and none for me! He's so lucky". And, well, he does tend to be luckier than me xD anyway, yesterday it was a fruitful that went to the nestbafter all. I was like, "wait, what?"
I think I got confused, between DS and MS, maybe. Still, whatba disappointment. Anyway, he has the turkey in MS and I have it in DS. Lol.

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-25-12, 06:41 AM
Lol, yup :D speaking of funny, I could have sworn that 2 days ago I had a 9 hour breeding time on my nephew's account (this one). Which was cool, because I had just gotten him a Gobbledegoo in Monster Story , where there is the exact same contest as here. So I was like, "cool! Both turkeys for him and none for me! He's so lucky". And, well, he does tend to be luckier than me xD anyway, yesterday it was a fruitful that went to the nestbafter all. I was like, "wait, what?"
I think I got confused, between DS and MS, maybe. Still, whatba disappointment. Anyway, he has the turkey in MS and I have it in DS. Lol.

Glad you finally managed to get it! I got my friend to start playing and he's been much luckier than I have.. lol. It's always the way!

Is MS as good? I imagine it's the same concept as this game.

formom2012
11-25-12, 07:37 AM
Wonders why don't have album. Is it only for apple payers again and not android.... left behind again!

salinho
11-25-12, 10:53 AM
Glad you finally managed to get it! I got my friend to start playing and he's been much luckier than I have.. lol. It's always the way!

Is MS as good? I imagine it's the same concept as this game.

Yeah, a friend of mine got a turkey at like level 10 and she doesnt even play daily. I was the one who bred it for her, actually xDDD

Yeah, MS is the same concept too. Only with monsters, and some grow into epic looking rather...weird. Lol. Not as much variety as in DS and level cap is set at 30. But it's somewhat fun too.

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 03:46 PM
Greetings, Caretakers!

My name's Jake - I'm a game and content designer for Dragon Story. Yes, that means that every single dragon in the game came out of my head! You can imagine how chaotic it was in there before this game came out.

I finally made a staff account to start interacting with you folks about features, issues, questions, etc! Sorry it took so long - we've been super busy!

The first thing I wanted to address is the topic of this thread. "The Album is a JOKE...TEAM LAME-A STOLE MY GOLDS, YOU GUISE ARE STOOPID!" or something to that effect.

First of all, I'm sorry the functionality of the new Album was confusing for you - we always strive to make our features easy to understand, fun, and helpful, without blasting everyone with walls of text. It's a real challenge, sometimes.

As you've figured out by now, the Album tracks what dragons you have, not what dragons you have had. In the Dragon Isles, collecting is about having. For stamp collectors, their Albums are full of stamps they have, not stamps they have had. Museums would be way less cool if they were just polaroids (I'm so old!) of paintings that at some point adorned the walls.

I'm glad that many of you understand and enjoy the new Album! We think it's a great way to view info about dragons and complete collection goals (which wouldn't work well at all if we tracked sold dragons). I'll contact our CS people about Bella's misunderstanding and misuse of Gold - hopefully they can do something for you!

In response to the question of the maximum allowed habitats and how to collect all the dragons - it's possible. We have 64 dragons, you're allowed 30 habitats, 2 of the dragons need their own Diamond Fields, that leaves 28 habitats and 62 dragons, large habitats hold 3 dragons each, 28x3=84, 84 is less than 62. Let me know if I'm missing something...

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll be stalking the forums more than ever as we release more exciting features. Wait till you see what we have in store for the coming weeks...

-Jake.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 03:58 PM
Thanks for addressing the forum i hope you hold an open door policy and be a straight shooter. I don't expect you to give up secrets just some clairty on some fundamental issues. Thanks again
Greetings, Caretakers!

My name's Jake - I'm a game and content designer for Dragon Story. Yes, that means that every single dragon in the game came out of my head! You can imagine how chaotic it was in there before this game came out.

I finally made a staff account to start interacting with you folks about features, issues, questions, etc! Sorry it took so long - we've been super busy!

The first thing I wanted to address is the topic of this thread. "The Album is a JOKE...TEAM LAME-A STOLE MY GOLDS, YOU GUISE ARE STOOPID!" or something to that effect.

First of all, I'm sorry the functionality of the new Album was confusing for you - we always strive to make our features easy to understand, fun, and helpful, without blasting everyone with walls of text. It's a real challenge, sometimes.

As you've figured out by now, the Album tracks what dragons you have, not what dragons you have had. In the Dragon Isles, collecting is about having. For stamp collectors, their Albums are full of stamps they have, not stamps they have had. Museums would be way less cool if they were just polaroids (I'm so old!) of paintings that at some point adorned the walls.

I'm glad that many of you understand and enjoy the new Album! We think it's a great way to view info about dragons and complete collection goals (which wouldn't work well at all if we tracked sold dragons). I'll contact our CS people about Bella's misunderstanding and misuse of Gold - hopefully they can do something for you!

In response to the question of the maximum allowed habitats and how to collect all the dragons - it's possible. We have 64 dragons, you're allowed 30 habitats, 2 of the dragons need their own Diamond Fields, that leaves 28 habitats and 62 dragons, large habitats hold 3 dragons each, 28x3=84, 84 is less than 62. Let me know if I'm missing something...

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll be stalking the forums more than ever as we release more exciting features. Wait till you see what we have in store for the coming weeks...

-Jake.

mammami08
11-26-12, 04:01 PM
Hi Jake and welcome to the forum. And thanks for thinking out all those awsome and cool dragons. You can never ever please everybody ;)

As you will see here at this forum there are alot of cool ideas for you guys to steele, feel free to do so ;) We don't always agree but the things that most people agree upon is probarbly the ones you should consider ( the numbers of habitats beeing one of them) ;)

jackie2006
11-26-12, 04:04 PM
quote myself

I got rid of the low paid dragons (life, fruitful, firestorm, coral) long time ago in order to save space for diamond, diamond hybrid. Now if i want to fullfill my album to get rewards, I have to get rid of the diamond, diamond hybrid to breed the life, fruitful again. It does not make any sense at all.

The storage should store dragon.

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-26-12, 04:13 PM

-Jake.

Love the above comment, and thanks.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 04:21 PM
Yup this is why i said what i said http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39593-The-Reason-for-the-Clutter

kwhales
11-26-12, 04:22 PM
Hi Jake. Welcome to forum land. I understand that 84 dragons fit in the 30 habitats. But once they are all epic, those little itty bitty habs really awfully crowded. and, it is hard to show off your lovely dragons (and some strange ones too) in these little itty bitty habs.

So, wouldn't it be nice to let our (your) dragons spread their wings in more habitats?

kwhales
11-26-12, 04:24 PM
As for the ablum, me happy.

jackie2006
11-26-12, 04:25 PM
Yes, You're missing the function of the storage. It should store dragon.
I have 78 dragons max out on 30 habitats. I'm asking for the storage in case I breed more dragon. I don't want to sale my high earned dragon such as wizard for low earned dragon (life, fruitful,..).

salinho
11-26-12, 04:28 PM
Greetings, Caretakers!

-Jake.

Hello! And thank you so much for this. :) it was very nice of you. I really like some of the dragon designs by the way :D others look rather silly,but I don't mind, they all need love. XD

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 04:29 PM
I am so confused I have no album update

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 04:30 PM
I am so confused I have no album update

you have to download the original dragon story ( bottom right corner youll see album)

salinho
11-26-12, 04:32 PM
I have 78 dragons max out on 30 habitats. I'm asking for the storage in case I breed more dragon. I don't want to sale my high earned dragon such as wizard for low earned dragon (life, fruitful,..).

I understand that you feel better about having more wizard dragons, but income stops being a big problem after a while. Millions of coins stashed after a while, lol. I myself have SIX scorpions but would have NINE had I not deleted three of them. Eventually I will end up selling most of them, maybe keep one or two since it's so easy to breed them anyway...for me, of course.. But a seabreeze or parakeet? Impossible to breed! Lol

mammami08
11-26-12, 04:38 PM

I don't get this... Should the dragons in storage keep earning silvers or should they just sit there doing nothing?

salinho
11-26-12, 04:40 PM
I don't get this... Should the dragons in storage keep earning silvers or should they just sit there doing nothing?

They can always get together for tea parties and eat firapple pies.

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 04:43 PM
you have to download the original dragon story ( bottom right corner youll see album

Why the original I thought the latest version was new dawn

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 04:43 PM
they don't want you to earn alot of coins... because then what will you do with them.

i guess its up to each person whats more important to them have all coin earners or have all dragons in order to complete albumn

mammami08
11-26-12, 04:44 PM
They can always get together for tea parties and eat firapple pies.

Haha, would eventually be a BIG teaparty :rolleyes:

mattyboo1
they don't want you to earn alot of coins... because then what will you do with them.

i guess its up to each person whats more important to them have all coin earners or have all dragons in order to complete albumn

I don't get it what does this have to do with coins

sweetstuff525
Why the original I thought the latest version was new dawn

nope the most updated version is the original.. in the album you get 2 new dragons 20 gold ans a sword so far.. hurry download

salinho
11-26-12, 04:51 PM
I don't get it what does this have to do with coins

Someone was complaining the album would make her lose coins because she would have to sell her (multiple) duplicates of other dragons that earn more than firestorm, life or fruitful "just" to complete album goals.

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 05:04 PM

THIS! Yes, doing every possible thing in the game is hard. Even doing one thing perfectly is hard. Some players are completionists, and they'll have to do some work to pull off the flawless Album. Other players want piles and piles of their favorite dragon, or their favorite dragon color, or the highest coin earners, or (if they're CRAZY) the lowest coin earners.

We add features that help players achieve their goals, or add new goals, or expand goals. Just because we added a feature that caters to completionists, doesn't mean you have to become a completionist! We have features coming down the pipeline that cater more to min/max player archetypes - that is, players who don't mind not having all the dragons, so long as they have the most efficient, coin-earning, best dragons.

In response to poster about us "missing the point of storage", well, we added storage to work how it does to help with some other features that we'll be turning on before Christmas. It works exactly how we intended, for now. Just wait and see :)

Horntail21
11-26-12, 05:13 PM
Ahhh so Christmas decorations are headed our way me thinks

salinho
11-26-12, 05:14 PM
?..

In response to poster about us "missing the point of storage", well, we added storage to work how it does to help with some other features that we'll be turning on before Christmas. It works exactly how we intended, for now. Just wait and see :)

Ohhh! You're giving us something to think about ... :p that's playing with fire. XD now we'll all be expectant! Ehehehe.
Personally, I am a completionist. Lol... Wish I'd get that diamond though. Or a parakeet, or seabreeze, or...*sigh* list goes on.

Personally I am very happy indeed with storage. Serves my purpose right, would have come in handy earlier...but hey, better late than never! It will make it easier to organiz pe my island, woo-hoo! ;)

kwhales
11-26-12, 05:16 PM
Maybe they will open the storage and let us put at least our halloween dragon(s) in for christmas (at least). and yes, I think we are gonna get christmas stuff.

Ooh.....presents.....yippee!!!

salinho
11-26-12, 05:16 PM
Ahhh so Christmas decorations are headed our way me thinks

I wonder what they'll be :D yippe! The whole island could be surrounded by x-mas lights in the edges...it could be a temporary decor, that can by placed at the very edge. How about a neon santa jumping into the frozen spring? Ehehehe

mammami08
11-26-12, 05:19 PM
I'm also a completionist (hey learnd a new word to) and i personally think you Jake coming to this forum is better than the whole update...

And I like the update alot ;) ;);)

lylahmae
11-26-12, 05:37 PM
Greetings, Caretakers!

First of all, I'm sorry the functionality of the new Album was confusing for you - we always strive to make our features easy to understand, fun, and helpfguyul, without blasting everyone with walls of text. It's a real challenge, sometimes.

-Jake.
you are hilarious! I love it!

dragonolic
11-26-12, 06:17 PM
My name's Jake - I'm a game and content designer for Dragon Story. Yes, that means that every single dragon in the game came out of my head

Awesome, so there WILL be content?! Like, story lines like they have Castle Story?! And lots of decor and useful goals like all the other games?! That would be soooooo exciting!!!!!

jrodt333
11-26-12, 10:18 PM
...84 is less than 62.

You sure about that? :) lol

Waltd28
11-27-12, 05:45 AM

Did you get it? I went and just reloaded Dragon Story and now I have it.

bitealot
11-27-12, 07:28 AM
well atlest you have the album and album goals. my android doesnt and who knows when, and not even my gf on her ipod has it. i did not know it went live

salinho
11-27-12, 07:31 AM
well atlest you have the album and album goals. my android doesnt and who knows when, and not even my gf on her ipod has it. i did not know it went live

Android does not have this. Your girlfriend has to download the ORIGINAL DRAGON STORY, not New Dawn, and there she will see the album.

mammami08
11-27-12, 07:56 AM

-Jake.

There are acctually 66 dragons, don't know if you are missing the two new goal ones? Or some LE:s? But i have 66 different types of dragons. I do thinknmore habitats would be great but you can fit them all so far even if you put the diamond hybrids in diamond habitats.

I do however have one suggestion and that is to be able to store ONE dragon in storage, why? Because this would make it som much easier to move the dragons around. Since all my habitats are full i have to sell one to move them around one the other habitats. The reason why i want to move them can be to have a balance between the habitats and the income or just because it would look nicer.

An exampel, i got the new Mirage dragon ( first try jippy that was a long time since that happend) and when the egg hatched i had to make a dicission one which of my other duplicats i should sell. Well i choose between an aurora and a scorpion. I then decided to go ahead and sell the aurora cause i really like my scorpions ( one of my favourit dragons). My problem is that my aurora was in a green habitat and i think the mirage would go better colorwise in a red habitat. So if i could have stored one dragon temporary this would have solved the problem.

salinho
11-27-12, 08:55 AM
I do however have one suggestion and that is to be able to store ONE dragon in storage, why? Because this would make it som much easier to move the dragons around. Since all my habitats are full i have to sell one to move them around one the other habitats. The reason why i want to move them can be to have a balance between the habitats and the income or just because it would look nicer.

Oh, that would be SO useful! I've had that problem before! I mostly end up selling duplicates, like Love dragon duplicates, ehehehe. I had kept them because they earn okay for a low level common, but started getting rid of them because I needed to move others around.

mamareader02
11-27-12, 09:12 AM
Just wanna store dragons in storage-had to sell a beloved infinity to make room for the new album ones.not to mention I don't know if I'll be able to sell off another infinity(got 7-it's my fave)if I actually get some of the rarer light dragons(only have the basics-those light dragons DO NOT LIKE Damsel Dazy!)

Horntail21
11-27-12, 09:32 AM
Just wanna store dragons in storage-had to sell a beloved infinity to make room for the new album ones.not to mention I don't know if I'll be able to sell off another infinity(got 7-it's my fave)if I actually get some of the rarer light dragons(only have the basics-those light dragons DO NOT LIKE Damsel Dazy!)
WOW What an island!! Please ship one of your Infinity dragons to Fire Island PO Box 365 Dragon Land Care of Horntail21. Thank you and I will patiently be awaiting my package.

mamareader02
11-27-12, 09:36 AM
Lol!if I have to sell another one,I'll send it directly to you!

darkrandy
11-27-12, 11:44 AM
Well I have 9 Diamond Habitats I am only missing Angel and Mercury (Have 3 diamonds, 2 Crusaders, 1 Gold, 2 Quetzals, and 1 Infinity)
I also have 6 Magic Habitats, 2 Fire Habitats, 3 Light Habitats, 3 Water Habitats, 3 Forest Habitats, and 3 Air Habitats

Max Capacity of Dragon Habitats is 30 and I have 29 at this moment.
I have a total of 66 dragons, and from the Album I am 58/65 dragons.

Dragons I am missing:
Landworm - Fits in one of my current fire habitats
Mermaid - Fits in one of my current Forest Habitats
Clown - Fits in one of my current Air Habitats
Mercury - Will need a Diamond Habitat
Angel - 1 More Light Habitat would work, or some shuffling around.
Tusker - Fits in one of my current fire habitats
Boo Dragon - 1 More Light Habitat would work, or some shuffling around.

So as of today, the 30 max is not an issue, BUT I have to admit, a new Diamond Large Habitat is definately needed.

tonguelashing
11-27-12, 12:04 PM
The one thing I find weird is they put the dragon album only in the old DS, it`s not in New Dawn which doesn`t make sense to me. I have ND on my iPhone and just regular DS on my Android Tablet (which isn`t updated yet, but a New Dawn is there...it`s just the same). I had to download the original DS on my iPhone to see the Dragon Album. I don`t think that makes sense.

darkrandy
11-27-12, 12:12 PM
The one thing I find weird is they put the dragon album only in the old DS, it`s not in New Dawn which doesn`t make sense to me. I have ND on my iPhone and just regular DS on my Android Tablet (which isn`t updated yet, but a New Dawn is there...it`s just the same). I had to download the original DS on my iPhone to see the Dragon Album. I don`t think that makes sense.

Kookie Panda, somewhere explained, that the old DS is the one that is up to date.
So you can delete New Dawn from your iOS device.

As far as Android, I really dont know.

kooky panda
11-27-12, 12:39 PM

Kookie Panda, somewhere explained, that the old DS is the one that is up to date.
So you can delete New Dawn from your iOS device.

As far as Android, I really dont know.

This is correct, since the album is new, it is in the most current version for Dragon story(for IOS), which is version 1.2 on the Regular Dragon game.

darkrandy
11-27-12, 12:58 PM
OMG sorry its Kooky Panda, my bad a thousand times over

Sorry

coolgamegirl27
11-27-12, 01:32 PM
First of all, welcome to Jake good to know someone will be addressing our issues and LOL on post #39.

Personally, I like the new album. Now I can see easily which dragons I dont have and need to work on. Heres to more new features;)

kooky panda
11-27-12, 01:57 PM
OMG sorry its Kooky Panda, my bad a thousand times over

Sorry
Hey you were correct, I was just confirming!!

bitealot
11-27-12, 05:55 PM
Android does not have this. Your girlfriend has to download the ORIGINAL DRAGON STORY, not New Dawn, and there she will see the album.

that is a BS joke. why should she have to download the old out of date game and the new game, just put it in ND that is why to much space to fill

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 06:06 PM
that is a BS joke. why should she have to download the old out of date game and the new game, just put it in ND that is why to much space to fill

She doesn't have to download it unless she wants the album and the 2 new dragons

bitealot
11-27-12, 06:33 PM
She doesn't have to download it unless she wants the album and the 2 new dragons
yes she did, it did not show up untill she downloaded the older game. now it takes who a minute to click on a farm because of the lag

kwhales
11-27-12, 06:35 PM
You don't have to keep playing the older version. I downloaded it again for the extra stuff, but don't play it. No lag on ND. The new dragons and deco will show up on ND, but not the storage or ablum.

bitealot
11-27-12, 06:43 PM
You don't have to keep playing the older version. I downloaded it again for the extra stuff, but don't play it. No lag on ND. The new dragons and deco will show up on ND, but not the storage or ablum.
ok so i grabed her ipod and deleted the old game fired up ND and now the ablum and storage are both gone!

Takiofallen
11-27-12, 06:46 PM
yeah thats what Kwhales said
ok so i grabed her ipod and deleted the old game fired up ND and now the ablum and storage are both gone!

kwhales
11-27-12, 06:48 PM

They are still there, in the old version. She just needs to download it again and they will be there. I said that they wouldn't transfer over to ND. and the dragons and deco has to be placed before deleting the old game.

bitealot
11-27-12, 06:48 PM
having to have both games is what is causeing her lag. all the space that really is not needed, TL should get android up to date and s**** the older game and do all updates only on ND

Takiofallen
11-27-12, 06:51 PM
Someone needs a timeout ....... breath
having to have both games is what is causeing her lag. all the space that really is not needed, TL should get android up to date and s**** the older game and do all updates only on ND

kwhales
11-27-12, 06:56 PM
Ok here is the deal. How often is your gf going to look at the ablum? How often is she going to use the storage? Once she has the dragons on ND and the deco, is the old game really needed?

My point is......delete the old version and just download it again if and when she wants to look at the ablum or store something.

Takiofallen
11-27-12, 06:58 PM
The only thing we can currently store is decor.......unless i'm missing something
Ok here is the deal. How often is your gf going to look at the ablum? How often is she going to use the storage? Once she has the dragons on ND and the deco, is the old game really needed?

My point is......delete the old version and just download it again if and when she wants to look at the ablum or store something.

bitealot
11-27-12, 06:58 PM
our point is that should not be needed, if im forced to go though all that when its on android no big i have the storage space, she doesnt

Takiofallen
11-27-12, 07:00 PM
The main reason for them making you do it on the original DS is to force those who did not update to update, so you would have to choose between the food glitch or the new content
our point is that should not be needed, if im forced to go though all that when its on android no big i have the storage space, she doesnt

kwhales
11-27-12, 07:01 PM
Understand completely. First, my thinking is that TL added this new update on the original version because there were a few players who never updated the game way back and feeding lights is a lot less for them. I feel that TL did this in hopes of getting everyone to finally update this version.

Second, once TL is certain everyone (active players) are updated, they will eventually carry this update to ND.

So be patient. The storage is really nothing to get excited about, and well the ablum....really, are you going to use it that much?

formom2012
11-30-12, 11:21 PM
Again i will ask !!!! Why does android get left out once again! When do we get the tablet, why did we all not get it at same time?! Another thing when do we get the same complete new dawn version like the ios users have had for months?!!!!!!!!!!

Takiofallen
11-30-12, 11:54 PM
this will answer some of your questions.............
Again i will ask !!!! Why does android get left out once again! When do we get the tablet, why did we all not get it at same time?! Another thing when do we get the same complete new dawn version like the ios users have had for months?!!!!!!!!!!
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40854-Dragon-Album-Rewards

jellypie200
03-16-13, 02:24 PM
I have never had this happen at all