PDA

View Full Version : How can you TL adjust the price of LTO items suddenly!!

chatte777
11-23-12, 11:09 AM
I'm so embarrassed. I bought 275 gems and got Central Park Display and Spring Display for each 70 gems.

but now I see the price of items are adjusted.. 40gems for each.

Is the Syng error related to this price down?

Where are my wasted gems?!

Controling the price of items is so unfair for users who already bought the items for 70 gems-

TL should pay back the difference!! I'm so disappointed about this situation.. :mad:

newmoonfashion
11-23-12, 11:18 AM
I just bought the same displays for 70 gems an hour ago... And now they are only 40 gems! Too bad. Will the prices be lower still?

queentina3
11-23-12, 11:25 AM
I purchased many items at the higher gem prices too, unfair YES, but that is the way TL operates. They aren't going to give us the gem difference back, so just need to suck it up and deal with it. I know many might not like that, but THIS is how TL does business and you can either accept it, or not purchase gems and gem items.

minidemon88
11-23-12, 12:00 PM
Yes yes! I just noticed that too! I'm wondering if this is a bug?

Baraze
11-23-12, 12:02 PM
This sucks. I could have gotten three displays instead of two. I bought the Central Park display for 70 gems.

Baraze
11-23-12, 12:13 PM
I know it won't change much, but I still sent them an email. I want to know what answer I will get. This is beyond annoying and ruined my high.

jojopeanut
11-23-12, 12:42 PM
Oh MY...Hope they don't change the fountian price I bought for 70 GEMS..to 40..I did buy the central park display too but for the 40 GEM price..Hope you guys get your 30 GEMS back..You would think it would been reversed savings like a Door buster sale

abellissima
11-23-12, 12:44 PM
I` so depressed, this is the first time that i bought gems for the special item in the catalogue, just to discover that i could wait a bit and save a lot of gems :\

queentina3
11-23-12, 12:51 PM
Oh MY...Hope they don't change the fountian price I bought for 70 GEMS..to 40..I did buy the central park display too but for the 40 GEM price..Hope you guys get your 30 GEMS back..You would think it would been reversed savings like a Door buster sale

Nope, they'll never give them back as they never have. It is no different than buying something in a store for $70 and then going back later that day and seeing it on sale for $40. Most stores won't give you the difference, and neither does TL. I think in the future though I may wait until 1 hour before the sale ends and THEN purchase the items I want, this way if the decrease the pricing at the last minute, I won't feel scammed. LOL

sweetbeginings003
11-23-12, 12:54 PM
This so annoying I got the Fairy Fountain earlier today for 70 gems and its at 40 gems now! What is this, rip off your customers day TL? You guys should give back the difference ��

sweetstuff525
11-23-12, 12:59 PM
I feel bad for those who bought earlier

I just bought the central park display for 40 gems.... Now if the prices stay the same I may go for the spring display but would have to buy gems In order to buy it... I just had 40

jojopeanut
11-23-12, 01:15 PM
This so annoying I got the Fairy Fountain earlier today for 70 gems and its at 40 gems now! What is this, rip off your customers day TL? You guys should give back the difference ��

So did I!!!! TL should refund us... I haven't been able to log but once sense then today working today. I hope WE ALL get our 30 GEMS back...

ciciblanka
11-23-12, 01:19 PM
Omg! I purchased the fairy fountain in the morning for 70 gems. Why it's only 40 gems now? It's really unfair, you know you are trying to disappoint all the loyal customer TL. Purchased gems last week for only 30% off but then now it's 40% off. Well it's still fine for me coz its being like a week but why it's just a half day pasted and the fountain goes from 70 gems to 40 gems? I'm very very disappointed in that, no wonder most of my nbrs who have a great shop with million of gems items but keeping closing. Well guess ill be the next. Bye!

jojopeanut
11-23-12, 01:20 PM
Nope, they'll never give them back as they never have. It is no different than buying something in a store for $70 and then going back later that day and seeing it on sale for $40. Most stores won't give you the difference, and neither does TL. I think in the future though I may wait until 1 hour before the sale ends and THEN purchase the items I want, this way if the decrease the pricing at the last minute, I won't feel scammed. LOL

Yea lesson learned for me today first time sense playing for me to have the Black Friday specials.. Still we whould get our 30 GEMS back.. NExt time I'm not buying till the last hour or so myself. IF I'm playing next year at all. I still have 297 GEMS saving for the Christmas decor.

Baraze
11-23-12, 01:24 PM

Yep, the fountain costs 40 gems now too. I could have gotten the red chic, Central Park and New York runway for the new prices. The lowered the prices on the noodle show I bought, by ten gems. The butterfly house, pond and royal palace are all thirty gems cheaper. I know shops do this but NOT mere hours later. This is beyond selfish and now I see why some people stay incensed with this company. And this is from someone who's defended them the past few weeks.

I may not get my gems back but I still want to know WHY! They just don't know how many people would have bought more gems if the prices had reflected the ones they do now. Instead they may have ensured that some will now be wary of buying anymore again. I'm such a fool for being excited and rushing to purchase these items, in the wee hours of the morning no less.

soclassymom
11-23-12, 01:30 PM
I want my 60gems back TL ,,,,,,!!!!!!!!! It's strange and funny and shameless !!!!!!
I want my gems

sweetbeginings003
11-23-12, 01:33 PM
Yea lesson learned for me today first time sense playing for me to have the Black Friday specials.. Still we whould get our 30 GEMS back.. NExt time I'm not buying till the last hour or so myself. IF I'm playing next year at all. I still have 297 GEMS saving for the Christmas decor.
I know that's why I'm also holding back in buying anything else for the moment. Christmas content will be coming soon and we might not end up having any more gem sales until Christmas.

soclassymom
11-23-12, 01:37 PM
I feel sad for myself and other players , I bought the fairy fountain and spring display for 70 and now they are 40 gems that's mean I lost 60 gems .
TL u should refund us that's not fair.

BeYaaz
11-23-12, 01:39 PM
I agree it's like shopping in a store you can't complain just cause you got something at an original price then see it on sale

Baraze
11-23-12, 01:41 PM
I bought the butterfly house in farm for 40 gems- now 30.
I bought the royal house for 70 gems- now 40.
I bought the pond for 70 gems- now 40.
Central Park display for 70- now 40.
Noodle Show for 40- now 30.

Is this how the free gems are being given away by undercutting gem buyers with foolishness like this?

sweetbeginings003
11-23-12, 01:42 PM
Well actually here in Canada some stores will give you 30 days for refund if an items go on sale any time during those 30 days and you've bought it at regular price. Don't know if its the same in the US?

queentina3
11-23-12, 01:46 PM
Well actually here in Canada some stores will give you 30 days for refund if an items go on sale any time during those 30 days and you've bought it at regular price. Don't know if its the same in the US?

Some do, some don't. Just like Walmart will match pricing but other stores don't. It all depends on the store. I got ripped off just like others, in Farm/Fashion/RS, but since it isn't the first time TL has pulled something of this magnitude, I've become immune to it. I know others feel ripped off, I do to, I guess I just figure all the complaining and moaning about it isn't going to do any good as TL will NEVER listen to us. They never have, no matter HOW many times we're told "We care, we listen, we'll forward on, and yada yada yada". Those are just words, but are NEVER followed up by ACTION.

To me, at this point, ACTION speaks much louder than WORDS. Since I've been reading WORDS for almost a year and NO ACTION being done, to me it is a LOST cause. *shrugs*

sweetbeginings003
11-23-12, 01:59 PM
Well at least we've learned from this one and hopefully if we get more stuff from the past for Christmas specials, we won't fall into their trap again. I'm excited about the Christmas content which I to me it should of been out already as its only weeks away and it'd be great to have our shops decorated for the holidays :)

lelaina752
11-23-12, 02:00 PM
This is ridiculous to adjust the prices. If TL doesn't credit my account, I will not purchase any gems in the future. I am incredibly angry.

maggieyyli
11-23-12, 02:04 PM
I know it won't change much, but I still sent them an email. I want to know what answer I will get. This is beyond annoying and ruined my high.

Baraze, pls let us know the result if you get their reply. I will do the same as I write to them just now.

thatgirl444
11-23-12, 02:10 PM
omg...i bought so many things and now its all cheaper...they owe me over a hundred gems..im gonna cry

sweetbeginings003
11-23-12, 02:21 PM
I just email them myself also, this to me is very disrespectful to their customers as most of us spend so much money on gems regularly :(

Baraze
11-23-12, 02:22 PM
I was told responses will be limited as staff is on a holiday between the 22-25.

pinkster73
11-23-12, 02:57 PM
I was told responses will be limited as staff is on a holiday between the 22-25.

How convenient.

lelaina752
11-23-12, 03:20 PM
The more I think about this situation, the angrier I get. I love FS, play it all the time and spend a lot of money on this game. I was so happy and excited this morning and now I refuse to spend another dollar until this situation is rectified. If TL wants to alienate a loyal customer base through dishonest business practices, that's its business decision. However, that seems "penny wise, pound foolish" to me. I really hope they refund the gems.

zoom27
11-23-12, 03:58 PM
I spent 70 gems for Central Park Display.
So unfair...

[S8] Regina
11-23-12, 04:44 PM
We are currently looking into this issue right now. Thank you for reporting this and writing an email to support. I'm sorry for the delays due to the holiday break.

bergamasque
11-23-12, 04:47 PM
TL are you kidding me? It's ridiculous!! you have to return my 60gem in fashion story!!!

thatgirl444
11-23-12, 04:51 PM
i want my gems back in fashion, bakery and restaurant....ty

queentina3
11-23-12, 04:53 PM
Yeah, if TL is actually going to fix this then I want mine back in Fashion, RS, and Farm. :)

greatday2bealive
11-23-12, 06:01 PM
If TL won't refund gems lost due to sync errors, do you really think they will refund gems for something intentionally bought?

Frankly I would never spend 70 gems for 1 display. You ladies chose to buy the displays at 70 gems...can't really blame TL if they decrease the price. Would it anger me too? Yes. But in this case, it's a bit wring to be placing all blame on TL, when you chose to buy them. This is also black Friday...we can't blame stores if we bought something for X price while others bought it for cheaper. The only difference is this is a game.

Baraze
11-23-12, 06:18 PM
If TL won't refund gems lost due to sync errors, do you really think they will refund gems for something intentionally bought?

Frankly I would never spend 70 gems for 1 display. You ladies chose to buy the displays at 70 gems...can't really blame TL if they decrease the price. Would it anger me too? Yes. But in this case, it's a bit wring to be placing all blame on TL, when you chose to buy them. This is also black Friday...we can't blame stores if we bought something for X price while others bought it for cheaper. The only difference is this is a game.

Yes, all of us bought the items in all of the games intentionally, bought gems, had a blast doing so and got the items willingly. BUT if you find out there is a huge change in the price, potentially or most likely caused by an error, no one in their right mind would just walk away and let it be. If you went to Macy's and bought a leather jacket for $300 and found out the sales ladies made a mistake in the marking and it was supposed to be a $100 less, who would say oh well?

We are inquiring about the changes made within mere hours, not a week or even a day later. It's our money and we have every right to find out if we are being *****ed. We may not get a refund, but I know personally, I won't shut up until I find out what happened and why. This goes beyond the incredulous things that's been done regarding misuse of gems. And the nonchalance usually given by TL.

pinkster73
11-23-12, 06:27 PM
I'm mad about it too. I spent 70 gems like minutes before it became 40 gems. Not a happy shopper.

greatday2bealive
11-23-12, 06:31 PM
This does happen in stores too...price changes within hours. I did in the one I used to work at.
Also places that sell food do this all the time...when it's nearing closing time or at they tend to give the food away for free...you don't see those who bought food earlier complaining that they had to pay for it while others didn't. I'm looking at this from a clear headed view...I still can't side with anyone on here. Plus, at least you got an opportunity to buy this past items...TL didn't have to bring them back. Some people opened boxes many times just to get those box items...and may have spent over 70 gems doing so...yet none of them are here complaining about that either. Also, remember to the past when buying extra slots were different prices for everyone?

I pretty much never take sides with TL...but in this case I cannot help but side with them a little. Imagine how much worse you woukd feel I you were one of those people who lost gems bcs of sync errors, not bcs you willfully spent them. At least you got what you wanted...spend gems to get something you wanted...that's better than accidentally spending them.

sweetstuff525
11-23-12, 06:44 PM
I think it's not a bug and it was done on purpose ... If it would only be in a lone game it could be a bug... But it was done in almost all the games .. So def not a bug

Maybe if enough email tl about this they would refund the difference
They did once refund in restaurant when an appliance was for gems for like an hour and then changed to coins

You may want to say in email that the purchase was made when the prize was 40 gems but you got charged 70 gems instead

greatday2bealive
11-23-12, 06:54 PM
sweetstuff that's lying and I don't condone that at all.

TL never refunded gems to those who truly deserved them back (sync errors)...I'm telling you all now complaining to TL won't get you your gems back. Your basic options are a) deal with it and move on, or b) quit. Also, this is TL...what are you really expecting?

Take a breather, spend a couple of days to calm down. Life isn't over as you know it. This won't **** you. And it's only a game...if it makes you so angry, might not be the best idea to play anymore. There is mor to life than complaining about a game.

sweetstuff525
11-23-12, 06:59 PM

TL never refunded gems to those who truly deserved them back (sync errors)...I'm telling you all now complaining to TL won't get you your gems back. Your basic options are a) deal with it and move on, or b) quit. Also, this is TL...what are you really expecting?

Take a breather, spend a couple of days to calm down. Life isn't over as you know it. This won't **** you. And it's only a game...if it makes you so angry, might not be the best idea to play anymore. There is mor to life than complaining about a game.

Lol I dont like to lie either but tl did what they had to do... Now those who bought it can also do what they have to do to get their gems back.... Might work or might not ... But it's worth a shot

And I'm not mad since I got my central park display for 40 gems .... But I do feel bad for those that paid 70 gems to a now 40 gem item

Baraze
11-23-12, 07:06 PM
I think it's not a bug and it was done on purpose ... If it would only be in a lone game it could be a bug... But it was done in almost all the games .. So def not a bug

Maybe if enough email tl about this they would refund the difference
They did once refund in restaurant when an appliance was for gems for like an hour and then changed to coins

You may want to say in email that the purchase was made when the prize was 40 gems but you got charged 70 gems instead

I remember that fiasco! Folks spending 40 or 45 gems for the juice machine! When I saw it I nearly fell out and posted on my wall that I'd laugh at anyone who's restaurant I saw it in. Soon after they fixed the prices. But I never read the forum posts to see if they gave those folks their gems back. Even so, we aren't talking about a clear change of prices, but one that's indicating an accident in pricing. Accident or mistake being the operative words. No way the prices would drop by 30 gems in four hours because they felt generous or pity.

edie62
11-23-12, 07:14 PM
It's a sale and it will happen that you you may have have paid full price for some things and then they go on sale. Get over it and be happy we get a sale at all. I've lost some things that I paid gems for and I have emailed tl support twice and got no where, I'm just not going to give up.
If you want to play you take the good with the bad or go home. I get more out of having my wonderful neighbours than anything else. Cheers.

queentina3
11-23-12, 07:16 PM
People are going to do what they want, lie or not lie. I lost about 200 gems, considering the items I purchased in Fashion/Farm/RS but I'm not about to email TL and lie about it, as that would make me no better then TL. If others chose to handle the situation that way, that is there perogative, it just isn't something I would do as I feel I'm BETTER then TL and have more ethics and morals then they do. This change in pricing within hours is wrong, but if that is the way they want to do business, then that is the way they chose to do business. I've lost faith in them anyways, but I still play the games because I LIKE the games, just not the company so much. :p

maddsassy
11-23-12, 07:42 PM
I usually get the pop ups everytime there is an LTO, and of course I would buy some of them, and I admit I have spent 70 gems on some of them like the Winter Waterfall. With that being said I thought that some of those items seems a little too pricey for the ones TL bought back. I feel for all the players that bought the LTOs for that high price and then discovered hours later that the price had dropped. I hope that TL will do the right thing, but knowing them I doubt it.

kooky panda
11-23-12, 07:45 PM
Send an email to support with your storm ID, name of the game and the items you purchased.

We are currently looking into this issue right now. Thank you for reporting this and writing an email to support. I'm sorry for the delays due to the holiday break.

sweetbeginings003
11-23-12, 08:42 PM
Send an email to support with your storm ID, name of the game and the items you purchased.

Done! But they're out from 22-25, that's the response I got. Prob won't hear anything back until Monday.

sweetbeginings003
11-23-12, 08:45 PM

Well for the ones who spent the 70 gems today, we're not keeping quiet about the difference from 70 to 40. I've personally emailed TL and hope to get a response soon. Wether we chose to buy intentionally or not it's still money out of our pockets and we have every right to complain when not satisfied :)

queentina3
11-23-12, 08:48 PM

I went ahead and emailed them with a list of the items I purchased in Farm/Fashion/RS so I guess we'll see if they refund the difference in price.

Done! But they're out from 22-25, that's the response I got. Prob won't hear anything back until Monday.

That is just the auto-response so that people that email won't complain if their issue isn't resolved promptly. Most likely we won't hear back before Tuesday, as I'm sure this is going to need to be discussed with management of some sort and I doubt they'd make a decision the first day they're back from Holiday anyways. :)

jojopeanut
11-23-12, 09:57 PM
Man I hate to have to read all these e-mails probably take over a month to get all them resolved if ever. There has to be thousands just a guess.

pinkster73
11-23-12, 10:16 PM
I don't like it but I'm too tired to have a hissy.

sweetstuff525
11-23-12, 11:36 PM
Thank you all for reporting this issue. We looked into this issue, and would like you to submit an email to support@teamlava.com to correct this matter. Please note that due to the holiday break, there is limited support. Thank you all for your patience! :)

Yes thankfully you guys will get you gem refund
Thanks tl

greatday2bealive
11-23-12, 11:41 PM
Did you decide to lie to them?

minidemon88
11-23-12, 11:53 PM
I'm still considering if I should get the fairy fountain or the spring display? Hmmm....~

zoom27
11-24-12, 12:11 AM
I just sent an e-mail to TL. Hopefully they'll resolve this problem soon.

soclassymom
11-24-12, 12:27 AM
I emailed them to , hope they will give us back the difference soon

newmoonfashion
11-24-12, 12:56 AM
I sent an email too and hope for a refund. I got my gems back when someone took over my shop and spent 48 gems on avatar clothes during a glitch in the summer. So I hope TL will refund or at least explain what happend and if we can expect different prices at different times in the future. Next time there is a sale of some kind, I will wait til last minute before spending my gems.

danit_h
11-24-12, 01:49 AM
Come on guys! I got the central park display for 40 gems cause 70 looked very high. No one forced u to buy for 70! Im sure if u got it for 40 and then it would have change to 70 that was o.k right? This is life deal with that!

Baraze
11-24-12, 02:10 AM
Come on guys! I got the central park display for 40 gems cause 70 looked very high. No one forced u to buy for 70! Im sure if u got it for 40 and then it would have change to 70 that was o.k right? This is life deal with that!

No one forced us, but it looks like the price was incorrect. Chocolate cookies for everyone who got it for the "correct price".

They now have my forever and a day coveted, Fairy Grotto and Baking Wizard. Even though I didn't get burned with inflated prices in bakery, I refuse to get more gems. There isn't a sale right now anyways.

sweetstuff525
11-24-12, 06:45 AM
Did you decide to lie to them?

no i ddint because i didn't loose any gems . i only bough central park display for 40 gems

MissHKNY
11-24-12, 07:30 AM

Hi Kooky, if they are looking into it, does every person who purchased the 1st place items for 70gems have to email them or something might be one automatically? Can u please give me their email if I do have to email TL support? Thank u so much!

Very happy with sale and LTO items coming back. But adjusting the price is a bit unfair to those who bought the gems and items right away.

MissHKNY
11-24-12, 07:32 AM
Hi Kooky, if they are looking into it, does every person who purchased the 1st place items for 70gems have to email them or something might be one automatically? Can u please give me their email if I do have to email TL support? Thank u so much!

Very happy with sale and LTO items coming back. But adjusting the price is a bit unfair to those who bought the gems and items right away.

I meant might be DONE not one.

sweetstuff525
11-24-12, 07:40 AM
I meant might be DONE not one.

Support@teamlava.com

pattypopo
11-24-12, 08:54 AM
The posts with lists of original prices seem to have disappeared. I bought the Central Park and Red Chic Display while the prices were high. I can't remember if the Chic was 60 or 70 gems. Can anyone tell me? I am hoping to get a refund. Wish it were today, so I could buy another LTO, even thoigh I don't have any space for another display! :)

kooky panda
11-24-12, 10:10 AM
Duplicate threads were merged together.

kooky panda
11-24-12, 10:12 AM

You will need to email support with your list. They will need to look into your game .
Support@teamlava.com

pattypopo
11-24-12, 10:35 AM
The threads may have merged, but I can't find the original price of the Red Chic display anywhere. Trying to account for gems spent and gems purchased is getting confusing for me. Was the Red Chic 60 or 70 gems?

jojopeanut
11-24-12, 10:36 AM
Duplicate threads were merged together.

Thanks Kooky don't know where the thread is. Please if you can leave this one open so we can see any players that get resolutions. TY again. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving:)

soclassymom
11-24-12, 10:38 AM
The threads may have merged, but I can't find the original price of the Red Chic display anywhere. Trying to account for gems spent and gems purchased is getting confusing for me. Was the Red Chic 60 or 70 gems?
It was 40 gems

queentina3
11-24-12, 10:55 AM

I purchased so many things in 3 games that I just emailed the list of EVERYTHING I purchased and I'm letting them figure out what is due back to me, as I can't recall what the prices were originally for most of my items either.

pattypopo
11-24-12, 07:08 PM
Thanks queentina. I'll do the same as you. I also bought in 3 games and am not totally sure which ones were before they lowered the prices. It has been fun getting all the displays. Dying to get some of the ones they added in bakery, but think I've reached my limit on buying more gems.

DaojinWildfire
11-24-12, 09:36 PM
Sorry about the inconsistent prices everyone! Some of the sale prices were not updated correctly when they were first released on Friday.

If you, your friends, or anyone you know purchased items the first day they were on sale and the game was updated with a lower price, please check out the respective threads for your games.

Farm Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40706-Black-Friday-Sales)
Restaurant Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40705-Black-Friday-Sales)
Bakery Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40703-Black-Friday-Sales)
Fashion Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40704-Black-Friday-Sales)

You will be able to see the correct sale prices and if you purchased the sale item for something different, you will also see information on how to contact Support so we can assist you as soon as possible. Thanks everyone!

MissHKNY
11-26-12, 04:52 AM
Thank u so much for ur help again Kooky! I have emailed them and explained my problem. Xoxo

greatday2bealive
11-26-12, 11:37 AM
Again we get the 'sale' to buy old items :(. Pick an amount of hours for the sale then when that time is up end it...instead you continue on and on. I'm tired of the pop-ups. If I wanted to buy the items I would have done so the first day if the 'sale'...though I don't consider it a sale at all, bcs reality wise it isn't. This should have ended Friday...not 4 days and counting

jojopeanut
11-26-12, 03:27 PM
Again we get the 'sale' to buy old items :(. Pick an amount of hours for the sale then when that time is up end it...instead you continue on and on. I'm tired of the pop-ups. If I wanted to buy the items I would have done so the first day if the 'sale'...though I don't consider it a sale at all, bcs reality wise it isn't. This should have ended Friday...not 4 days and counting

I know I'm bored of it I feel the same way purchased the items I wanted the first day of the sales. I really am bored waiting for X-MAs stuff..

minizozo
11-26-12, 06:47 PM
Isn't there a way that TL can gather the data and refund everyone that over paid for items?

Since TL knows there is a problem, they should be able to refund everyone and not get loaded with emails.

Not everyone comes here to read the messages. It is all computerized and should not be that difficult to extract the data, maybe time consuming, but not impossible.

greatday2bealive
11-26-12, 07:07 PM
minizoo...I don't think they care that much....chances are those who don't use the forums aren't sending emails complaining either, so is easy to over-look them. Note: since TL is refunding these people there gens, it would only be fair if you refunded people gems lost bcs of sync errors...they are even more deserving of their gems back. (I am not one of these people but it's very wrong of TL not to)