PDA

View Full Version : Unable to receive maps

Lord_Dragos
11-23-12, 07:48 AM
Last few days unable to receive maps from neighbours

kooky panda
11-23-12, 08:54 AM
Can you give more details?
You are sending out requests, but you have not received any at all?
Are you sending under your messages that a nbr responded to your request?

sweettooth6
11-23-12, 10:35 AM
I'll say that I go to the trouble to request from all my neighbors, only to have the game Force Close (and I then get no maps). Lately I have to request three times before it doesn't Force Close, which as you can guess is tedious and frustrating. It also slows down to a snail's pace, so it takes a very long time to check off all those neighbors.

I am on Droid X

Lord_Dragos
11-23-12, 09:21 PM
My neighbors have been sending me maps almost daily, I accepted them but its reflecting I have NO maps to expand

nmishii
11-23-12, 09:31 PM
@Lord_Dragos

You don't accept the maps that people send you. You are probably accepting your neighbor's requests for maps and your neighbors are getting maps from you.

You need to tap on the Expand signs, then tap on one of the squares available to expand, and request maps from the next popup.

nmishii
11-23-12, 09:34 PM
I'll say that I go to the trouble to request from all my neighbors, only to have the game Force Close (and I then get no maps). Lately I have to request three times before it doesn't Force Close, which as you can guess is tedious and frustrating. It also slows down to a snail's pace, so it takes a very long time to check off all those neighbors.

I am on Droid X

You might be clogging up your request system by requesting from too many people. People say to take a day off to clear out the request system then only request maps from 20 neighbors. However, I request from up to about 40 and it seems to work. I'm on a Samsung.

nightmare325
11-23-12, 09:45 PM
I sent out 65 map requests more than 12 hours ago, I have only recd one map from "Stormies Park"; I personally know 3 persons I sent requests to, and they have not recd the request....it took over 24 hours to get maps for what I expanded yesterday...and I finally just bought the last one. And yes I sent requests from the expansion popup.

miakoda53
11-24-12, 06:46 PM
I also sent out requests for maps yesterday and again today to my 109 neighbors.

So far I have received zero maps back, so I am unable to expand.

Playing on an HTC with a roid system. Miakoda53 is my user name. Dooms Rock is my dragon playground.

Stormies Park is one of my neighbors too. Why does her name appear out of alphabetical order at the top of my list?

Sometimes when I receive a map request from a neighbor the system will say it is 4 hours old, though I have been constantly playing and sending other maps.

AuntyRose32
11-24-12, 07:29 PM
I really think there is a problem with requesting and receiving maps. I don't have twenty neighbours, so I'm not clogging up my system as I'm requesting from less than twenty neighbours but I don't usually get more than six(ish) maps a day. I know my neighbours respond to my requests when they get them...I do see all my neighbours names in the news feed responding to my requests eventually, I know they are daily players so there is obviously a delay in them receiving my map request. I'm a daily player and check in several times a day and I have requests from some neighbours as old as four days. I would never leave a neighbour waiting on a request, so those four day old requests were not sitting there that long, they just appear. I have one neighbour who has never appeared in my news feed for responding to my request but he says he accepts my requests so I don't know what's going on there. The amount of maps we need to collect is just too high, I should have enough maps after roughly two days of requesting them but in reality it takes me a week or more to get all my maps for expansion. It's definitely frustrating.