PDA

View Full Version : The legendary sword Excalibam- Thurston

teduw
11-22-12, 10:26 PM
Where do you get this sword

Edit: You need to do the following before you can craft Excalibam and expand to the Troll King's Lair:

1. Expand to the guy in his boxers
2. Complete his quests until he is dressed
3. Find a skunkupine to trigger the next quest (skunks like crops especially wheat)
4. When you have done that quest collect from Old Thomas' House to get the next quests
5. Do the next lot of quests
6. Collect from Thurston's a fort
7. Make sure you go into the Secrets of Mithril goal before sending your knights on the Dark Cave adventure

For details about the specific quests involved, see here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481921&viewfull=1#post481921).

Once you have defeated the Troll King you get a Ruby (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42543-Big-Red-Ruby). The Troll Pit is also unlocked. You get coins when you collect from it.

midnightmeerkat
11-22-12, 10:49 PM
It is forged as part of the thurston quest

midnightmeerkat
11-22-12, 11:13 PM
I forged the enchanted blade but it is not showing up when I click on the troll kings lair???

maguar
11-22-12, 11:16 PM
I forged the enchanted blade but it is not showing up when I click on the troll kings lair???

The enchanted sword isn't excalibam. There'll be another quest to either get it, swap it or upgrade it.

midnightmeerkat
11-22-12, 11:20 PM
The enchanted sword isn't excalibam. There'll be another quest to either get it, swap it or upgrade it.

Ahhh, okay! You're a legend Maguar.

maguar
11-22-12, 11:25 PM
Pleasure to help where I can

teduw
11-23-12, 08:00 AM

Do you known when that quest is avail. Already have enchanted sword.

midnightmeerkat
11-23-12, 09:38 AM

Have you reached the kings troll lair yet? ..... I am approaching and guessing that there will be a quest to forge the sword then..... Will post an update when I get there.

maguar
11-23-12, 10:17 AM

Not yet as I'm concentrating on wheat not the quests. From what I know you've got at least the quests to get his pants, helmet, armor and to defeat 10 of each monster. If I hear anymore ill keep you posted.

midnightmeerkat
11-23-12, 02:46 PM
I have all the requirements except excalibam to expand to the troll kings lair, I have a theory that we need to finish the defeating peril quest before we can get excalibam.......

roosfamily
11-24-12, 06:56 AM
I have all the requirements except excalibam to expand to the troll kings lair, I have a theory that we need to finish the defeating peril quest before we can get excalibam.......

Hi everyone.
I've finished defeating peril quest this morning, than had a quest to talk to Old Thomas (collect once from his house), than had a quest to look for Thurston in the tavern (collect once from the tavern), than I've payed his bill and finally now I have this quest to complete
http://i45.tinypic.com/346l1rk.jpg

mymummy789
11-24-12, 09:43 AM
is there a goal to expand to the troll kings lair? Not had that pop up yet so no idea where it is (and I bet it is not the area I am currently working to expand to either!!)

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 11:09 AM
is there a goal to expand to the troll kings lair? Not had that pop up yet so no idea where it is (and I bet it is not the area I am currently working to expand to either!!)

Troll kings lair is the pit to the north with the treasure chest in it

mymummy789
11-24-12, 12:35 PM
Troll kings lair is the pit to the north with the treasure chest in it

aha!! Do you get prompted to go there? BTW - I just got the goal to slay 10 of each monster, so maybe I will get something after that has been done............ in a few days, maybe!!!

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 12:48 PM
I would say that eventually there will be a goal to expand there, but you can look at the requirements by clicking on expand to that spot - I have everything needed except the sword...... I am at the defeating peril quest too.

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 12:50 PM
Absolutely loving this quest line!!!

mymummy789
11-24-12, 01:14 PM
Absolutely loving this quest line!!!

me too :) I love having so much to do (and still harvesting wheat in between as well)

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 01:16 PM
me too :) I love having so much to do (and still harvesting wheat in between as well)

Yeah.... Keep harvesting that wheat!!

princessp64
11-24-12, 01:23 PM
Ok, I have all of Thurston armor and he is walking around,but no other quest except lemonade which requires gems to buy the lemon tree, but I DON'T BUY GEMS, so my ? Is when do I get the next quest in order to get the excalibum?

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 01:50 PM
Ok, I have all of Thurston armor and he is walking around,but no other quest except lemonade which requires gems to buy the lemon tree, but I DON'T BUY GEMS, so my ? Is when do I get the next quest in order to get the excalibum?

Fighting beasts will start the next quest

princessp64
11-24-12, 01:57 PM
Ok, I have the sword (enchanted sword) so how many trolls will I need to fight?

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 02:01 PM
The first beast (skunk, fang, troll) will trigger the quest which is defeat 10 of each

princessp64
11-24-12, 02:02 PM
thanks! I am on the trolls now, so will keep fighting them!

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 02:06 PM
thanks! I am on the trolls now, so will keep fighting them!

Quest is triggered? I have all my skunks as they hover around my wheat fields......need trolls and fangs which I guess I'll do after the wheat sweep.

princessp64
11-24-12, 06:38 PM
So how do u trigger the peril quest? Not sure if I triggered it, only have lemonade quest and truffle quest right now......

princessp64
11-24-12, 06:45 PM
(I have all the requirements except excalibam to expand to the troll kings lair, I have a theory that we need to finish the defeating peril quest before we can get excalibam......)

:cool::p,,, I don't have the defeating peril quest yet, how do u trigger that?

maguar
11-24-12, 07:07 PM
(I have all the requirements except excalibam to expand to the troll kings lair, I have a theory that we need to finish the defeating peril quest before we can get excalibam......)

Do all the quests relating to Thurston. Once you've done as many of them as appear you will need to trigger a monster to get the peril quest.

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 07:32 PM

It was triggered when I had to fight a skunkupine......

princessp64
11-24-12, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone.
I've finished defeating peril quest this morning, than had a quest to talk to Old Thomas (collect once from his house), than had a quest to look for Thurston in the tavern (collect once from the tavern), than I've payed his bill and finally now I have this quest to complete
http://i45.tinypic.com/346l1rk.jpg

Ok, I need to see what quest was before this one, I have done all the quests u mentioned and have all the Thurston done too but still do not have this quest yet!thanks

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 09:24 PM
The royal defender is after the defeating peril quest.... Have you completed all the thurston quests on your kingdom goals? Have you fought any beasts?

princessp64
11-24-12, 11:22 PM
yes, I did all the Thurston quests, and have been fighting trolls, they comeup when I am collecting. But I don't have any new quests coming up, hope u can help me. Thanks

princessp64
11-25-12, 12:08 AM
Yes I did all the Thurston quests and fought the trolls, so what is the next step.....

maguar
11-25-12, 12:09 AM
Yes I did all the Thurston quests and fought the trolls, so what is the next step.....

Heat are the current quests that you have?

maguar
11-25-12, 12:10 AM
Heat are the current quests that you have?

Sorry what not heat. Dang auto correct

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 12:15 AM
I would suggest you turn your device off/on. And also delete and install the game again....

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 12:16 AM
Your game is saved on the TL servers so your game will be safe.

princessp64
11-25-12, 12:19 AM
I have the truffle quest, lemonade, and ambitious oranges...

princessp64
11-25-12, 12:21 AM
Yeah, the auto correct gets me all the time too!

maguar
11-25-12, 12:32 AM

I think you're best to follow midnightmeerkats suggestion to see if that works.

GTMoney
11-25-12, 12:49 AM
From the sounds of it, you may need to spawn a Skunkupine to get Thurston's attention. He's waiting for a chance to repay you by jumping to your defense ;D

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 01:03 AM
From the sounds of it, you may need to spawn a Skunkupine to get Thurston's attention. He's waiting for a chance to repay you by jumping to your defense ;D

Gt, does it have to be specifically a skunkupine?

GTMoney
11-25-12, 01:06 AM
Yes. He doesn't want to try anything too dangerous.

princessp64
11-25-12, 07:37 AM
Ok thanks, I will try that!

yupiyupigumgum
11-25-12, 09:59 AM

Oh my, after golden apple now ambitious orange. This game is getting harder and I'm too old for this :p

teduw
11-25-12, 04:29 PM
yes, I did all the Thurston quests, and have been fighting trolls, they comeup when I am collecting. But I don't have any new quests coming up, hope u can help me. Thanks
Once you finish the peril quest you will need to talk to Thomas at his house. Then you need to find thurston at the tavern. Then you will need to pay his bar bill 25000 coins. Then you will get the Royal defender quest which you will need to buils a ballista which cost 50 woods and 50 iron ore. Also you will need to rally 60 stout knights to finish royal defender quest. That's where I'm at now. Hoping to get the sword quest soon.

queentina3
11-25-12, 04:39 PM
Once you finish the peril quest you will need to talk to Thomas at his house. Then you need to find thurston at the tavern. Then you will need to pay his bar bill 25000 coins. Then you will get the Royal defender quest which you will need to buils a ballista which cost 50 woods and 50 iron ore. Also you will need to rally 60 stout knights to finish royal defender quest. That's where I'm at now. Hoping to get the sword quest soon.

Actually it's 60 wood beam, which is 300 wood. :(

queentina3
11-25-12, 04:40 PM
Actually it's 60 wood beam, which is 300 wood. :(

Sorry, 50 wood beam which is 250 wood. Still way too much wood. UGH

teduw
11-25-12, 04:43 PM

Yep ur right was in a hurry to post. Lol

teduw
11-25-12, 04:44 PM

Now I can finally get rid of all those threes

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 04:47 PM
Now I can finally get rid of all those threes

Ohh ....the energy!!

teduw
11-25-12, 04:47 PM
What level are you on I'm on level 24 and there are more quest

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 04:51 PM
What level are you on I'm on level 24 and there are more quest

Princess has gone away to try and get a skunkupine to attack so that thurston leaps to protect her.... She had been tackling trolls but apparently thurston is only willing to fight skunkupines.......... (Can I say wimp)

princessp64
11-25-12, 05:26 PM
Yes. He doesn't want to try anything too dangerous.

It worked finally, took a while to get a skunkupine! Thanx guys!

roosfamily
11-26-12, 05:00 AM

Next is Turston' s fort. Requieres: 1 Ballista (fortunately it's the one you have craft for Royal defender), 3 Builder's paste, 5 Royal Block, 5 Royal Beam.

queentina3
11-26-12, 05:03 AM
Next is Turston' s fort. Requieres: 1 Ballista (fortunately it's the one you have craft for Royal defender), 3 Builder's paste, 5 Royal Block, 5 Royal Beam.

Thanks for that info! I can start on my Royal Block/Beam while I wait for the rest of my Stout Knights to trickle in. hehehe

zombiefun
11-26-12, 05:11 AM
I am planing to expand a bit now, could anyone tell me where exactly is that Thurston fort or Troll fort or troll lair or whatever is next ? ;) Is it the one that looks like a hole in the ground or the one that looks like a old tower?

queentina3
11-26-12, 05:19 AM
I am planing to expand a bit now, could anyone tell me where exactly is that Thurston fort or Troll fort or troll lair or whatever is next ? ;) Is it the one that looks like a hole in the ground or the one that looks like a old tower?

The whole in the ground.

sukyee
11-26-12, 05:40 PM
Can I ask a stupid question here? Where did skunkupines appear most of the time?? It just hiding from me when I need him:mad:

GTMoney
11-26-12, 06:03 PM
Can I ask a stupid question here? Where did skunkupines appear most of the time?? It just hiding from me when I need him:mad:

Harvesting Corn, Wheat, or watering flowers are my favorite ways to find Skunkupines.

queentina3
11-26-12, 06:04 PM

I usually get him when I'm harvesting a bunch of crops at once. The Troll I usually get when picking up from my resource buildings in one big go or around my tower/castle, and the fangbeast usually around my kitchen/farm houses (when I actually clear them). Very rarely do I get any one of those 3 if I do my mushroom circles/ponds and only if I try do to them all at once.

sukyee
11-26-12, 06:58 PM
Wheat again?!? Oh no!!! I have been sicked of wheat :p thanks!!! Gonna try it now...

jumperjing3
11-27-12, 08:50 AM
After I built thurstons hut I ****ed a skunkupine...didn't trigger quest. Not until I collected from his fort did it trigger quest for excalibam. For excalibam you need...10 troll essence...5 enchanted essence...1 mithril...that he tells you that you can get from mining. Excalibam takes 20 hours to complete. Off to mine....

jumperjing3
11-27-12, 09:19 AM
When I went back to mine a new quest from Thomas saying I have to "hunt the dark mines" to find mithril. One quest I don't do because it uses earth wisps to make the lumin essence. Oh well..off to make some lumin now!

queentina3
11-27-12, 10:46 AM
After I built thurstons hut I ****ed a skunkupine...didn't trigger quest. Not until I collected from his fort did it trigger quest for excalibam. For excalibam you need...10 troll essence...5 enchanted essence...1 mithril...that he tells you that you can get from mining. Excalibam takes 20 hours to complete. Off to mine....

Thanks for the early warning, I've been making Enchanted Essence in preparation. I have the fort built but won't get the collection until later tonight. :)

queentina3
11-28-12, 06:00 AM
Ok, this is odd. I got a Mithril from my Dark Caves Adventure but it isn't acknowledging that in the goal "Secrets of Mithril". I've already started the Sword in the Magic Forge so why wouldn't the goal recognize that I received the Mithril?

I actually got a good haul on this last Dark Caves Adventure as not only did I get the Mithril I needed, I also got the Dark Cave Formation. YAY

bigtail2
11-28-12, 06:20 AM
I got the same, as well as enchanted block, super glue, glimmer dust, lantern and a bunch of energy. I was pretty happy!

queentina3
11-28-12, 06:29 AM
I got the same, as well as enchanted block, super glue, glimmer dust, lantern and a bunch of energy. I was pretty happy!

I got some of that too, but the Mithril REALLY made my day as I could get started on the Sword. I'm just bummed that the other goal didn't register that I received the Mithril. Who knows how long I'll have to wait before I get another one. *pouts*

teduw
11-28-12, 06:42 AM
Okay got my sword, found the troll king but it will take 99 hits to **** the troll king less if some of the ht counts as two.

zombiefun
11-28-12, 07:41 AM
Mithril, glowing sword when trolls are near... Tolkien all around. ;)

teduw
11-28-12, 01:55 PM
Just ****ed the king troll got a big ruby wonder what's it'll be use for

maguar
11-28-12, 02:31 PM
Just ****ed the king troll got a big ruby wonder what's it'll be use for

Can you please post what the inventory description says please?

This is the second report of a ruby that I've had. The first was from sir pigglesworth.

teduw
11-28-12, 03:18 PM
Can you please post what the inventory description says please?

This is the second report of a ruby that I've had. The first was from sir pigglesworth.

Big Ruby a brilliant red gem. Very rare!

maguar
11-28-12, 03:19 PM
Big Ruby a brilliant red gem. Very rare!

I'd like to see something like that go into a crown.

maggieyyli
11-29-12, 09:30 AM

I am in the middle of this quest. Just would like to update the requirement of crafting a ballista is now lowered, 30 wooden beams and 30 iron ores. :)

kattybell
11-29-12, 09:32 AM
I am in the middle of this quest. Just would like to update the requirement of crafting a ballista is now lowered, 30 wooden beams and 30 iron ores. :)

Mine is 20 wooden beams and 30 iron ores.

queentina3
11-29-12, 10:07 AM
UGH, I'm happy that you guys have lowered amounts, but am unhappy that I had to use extra supplies that could have been used elsewhere. Why can't TL make up their minds on what the requirements are going to be and just stick to them? It is really unfair to those of us that had higher requirements as they never give us those supplies back. :(

kattybell
11-29-12, 10:09 AM
UGH, I'm happy that you guys have lowered amounts, but am unhappy that I had to use extra supplies that could have been used elsewhere. Why can't TL make up their minds on what the requirements are going to be and just stick to them? It is really unfair to those of us that had higher requirements as they never give us those supplies back. :(

I agree :(

Momoko_peach
11-29-12, 10:18 AM
I ended with a ruby too after defeating the Troll king.. And the troll pit is unlocked.

kooky panda
11-29-12, 11:31 AM
Here is me sneaking up on him to try avoid having to do 99 hits!!!
(no go... had to hit him 99 times..)

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/0E6BE2C5-0369-46A7-A7E8-56167A85999A-456-0000002B95999464-1.jpg

kooky panda
11-29-12, 11:31 AM
I ended with a ruby too after defeating the Troll king.. And the troll pit is unlocked.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/A652DCC7-C85C-4FC1-863B-0DA8E5A5DB53-456-0000002B93781320.jpg

queentina3
11-29-12, 12:06 PM
Here is me sneaking up on him to try avoid having to do 99 hits!!!
(no go... had to hit him 99 times..)

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/0E6BE2C5-0369-46A7-A7E8-56167A85999A-456-0000002B95999464-1.jpg

LMAO Kooky, nice try though!

maggieyyli
11-29-12, 12:10 PM
Mine is 20 wooden beams and 30 iron ores.

Yes you are right, I had typo before. :)

cymoril69
11-29-12, 12:35 PM
I just finished defeating peril and then had to talk with a depressed Thurston at the tavern. Now he wants me to construct a Ballista (20 regular beams and 30 iron ore - start makin them now).

teduw
11-29-12, 01:31 PM
I just finished defeating peril and then had to talk with a depressed Thurston at the tavern. Now he wants me to construct a Ballista (20 regular beams and 30 iron ore - start makin them now).
Be happy that's it now only 20 beams when I did this quest it was 50 beams

maguar
11-29-12, 01:46 PM

Could you please let us know what the pit does? Thanks

queentina3
11-29-12, 01:49 PM

And to add to that request, can it be moved once you've unlocked it like you can the Tablet and the Magic Garden? I've expanded there but have to wait to start defeating my King as I don't want to waste the energy on him right now. He can stand there stinking up that area for awhile longer. :p

teduw
11-29-12, 02:25 PM

The gives coins not sure how much. Will let you know next time I collect. It does take 22 hours.

wassupbaby
11-29-12, 02:36 PM
Be happy that's it now only 20 beams when I did this quest it was 50 beams

I dont mind 50 beams though, but 30 iron ore is my pain ... I did the market quest and then spent all the iron ore by making the hook , the armor. Now this -.-

queentina3
11-29-12, 04:37 PM
You know, I think the Troll King is keeping other beasties away as I haven't took a whack at him yet and no other beasties are showing up to bother me. It almost makes me NOT want to **** him, as he's out of the way and I can continue on with other tasks without wasting energy. LOL

hopesdragons
11-29-12, 06:18 PM

Thanks for letting us know that the requirements have changed. I'm hopefully going to be starting this quest soon.

jrwheoki
11-29-12, 10:18 PM
The gives coins not sure how much. Will let you know next time I collect. It does take 22 hours.

Approx 2200 coins for 22hrs recharge.... And the pit can be moved after you unlock it.... Takes up 4 (2x2) squares. After defeating troll king i got a huge ruby.....wonder what that is for .....?

mymummy789
11-30-12, 01:11 AM
I dont mind 50 beams though, but 30 iron ore is my pain ... I did the market quest and then spent all the iron ore by making the hook , the armor. Now this -.-

if you have the money I would buy iron rich rocks. I did this for the market quest as you get iron ore with every hit.

teduw
11-30-12, 07:01 AM
Pit give 2256 coins every 22 hours. Have collected 4 times only coins so far nothing else have dropped.

Shelbschn
11-30-12, 07:20 AM
Ok so I have collected from the fort and fought skunkupines but I haven't gotten a quest for the sword... Do you have to be a minimum level? I am level 17.

wassupbaby
11-30-12, 08:17 AM
if you have the money I would buy iron rich rocks. I did this for the market quest as you get iron ore with every hit.

Tks for the tip. I bought one and i gave me lots of iron :D

queentina3
11-30-12, 08:19 AM
Ok so I have collected from the fort and fought skunkupines but I haven't gotten a quest for the sword... Do you have to be a minimum level? I am level 17.

I'm not sure if you have to be a certain level or not, but collecting from the fort should have triggered the next part of the goal chain. I know the easiest way to get Mithril (which you'll need to craft the sword) is by doing the Dark Caves Adventure and you'll have to be level 20 for that, but it should also drop from the Mine. Maybe you can turn your device on/off and try resyncing with iTunes and see if that helps jump start it.

david0207
11-30-12, 12:53 PM
This thread is so useful, i was actually planning on going to the dark caves but i changed my mind cuz i'm still on the monsters in Thurston's line of quests and i would hate that i get the Mithril now from the adventure before the goal is triggered cuz i'm sure it will take me a very very long time to get it a second time (in case i would've gotten it in the adventure)

Rockinkitten
11-30-12, 01:00 PM
I am having a hard time getting troll essence!

midnightmeerkat
11-30-12, 01:34 PM
This thread is so useful, i was actually planning on going to the dark caves but i changed my mind cuz i'm still on the monsters in Thurston's line of quests and i would hate that i get the Mithril now from the adventure before the goal is triggered cuz i'm sure it will take me a very very long time to get it a second time (in case i would've gotten it in the adventure)
It doesn't matter if you get the mithral first - it still counts toward making the sword...... I just need 3 more troll essences, can you send trolls over my way PLEEEEASE!!!!

midnightmeerkat
11-30-12, 01:35 PM
I am having a hard time getting troll essence!

Me too, I just need 3 more and can't trigger any trolls- David is hogging them all

david0207
11-30-12, 02:32 PM
Me too, I just need 3 more and can't trigger any trolls- David is hogging them all

wel, i'm happy to say that i only got 5 trolls today and i was able to finish the monsters quest. however the not so good part is that although i had over 60 trolls for the last 3 days and i'm not joking i only have 4 essences cuz my trolls only like to give me horns and glimmerdust which i have full inventory anyway........... As for the mithral i read in another post that somebody got it before the sword goal and then it wasn't recognized so they had to find a second one

david0207
11-30-12, 02:36 PM
wel, i'm happy to say that i only got 5 trolls today and i was able to finish the monsters quest. however the not so good part is that although i had over 60 trolls for the last 3 days and i'm not joking i only have 4 essences cuz my trolls only like to give me horns and glimmerdust which i have full inventory anyway........... As for the mithral i read in another post that somebody got it before the sword goal and then it wasn't recognized so they had to find a second one

oh well, i spoke too soon, i just got a troll. let's see if it gives me essence

david0207
11-30-12, 02:37 PM
oh well, i spoke too soon, i just got a troll. let's see if it gives me essence

nope, horn again

midnightmeerkat
11-30-12, 02:39 PM
. As for the mithral i read in another post that somebody got it before the sword goal and then it wasn't recognized so they had to find a second one

I got my Mithral a while ago and it is being recognised to make the sword...... I know there are other items that you have to collect rather than have, like when you are doing the telescope quest

david0207
11-30-12, 02:40 PM
nope, horn again

and another horn...wow, it's been already what 3 minutes?

midnightmeerkat
11-30-12, 02:40 PM
nope, horn again

Amazing .... It's like the game knows what we want and then does the opposite

queentina3
11-30-12, 02:45 PM
I got my Mithral a while ago and it is being recognised to make the sword...... I know there are other items that you have to collect rather than have, like when you are doing the telescope quest

I think david is talking about the goal that I got stuck on. I had a goal that required you to send your knights to the dark cave adventure but also get a mithril. Well I did that and I got a mithril, but the goal didn't count my mithril so I had to wait and get another one, which I luckily did the next morning. However, I had the goal BEFORE I got the Mithril, so it should have counted, but it didn't, and I'm still not sure why. It may have just been a blip with my goal, but it is resolved now.

maguar
11-30-12, 02:48 PM
Amazing .... It's like the game knows what we want and then does the opposite

I did ask about this. The game doesn't change drop rates depending on what we need. It's a case of bad luck. I've been told it also affects staff members.

david0207
11-30-12, 02:56 PM
I think david is talking about the goal that I got stuck on. I had a goal that required you to send your knights to the dark cave adventure but also get a mithril. Well I did that and I got a mithril, but the goal didn't count my mithril so I had to wait and get another one, which I luckily did the next morning. However, I had the goal BEFORE I got the Mithril, so it should have counted, but it didn't, and I'm still not sure why. It may have just been a blip with my goal, but it is resolved now.

so basically it would be ok if i send them on the dark cave adventure although i have no goal what so ever about the dark caves nor the mithril yet? do u remember when u got the goal to go to the caves cuz i wouldn t want to do it in advance and afterwards get no reward for doing so

Rockinkitten
11-30-12, 03:11 PM
and another horn...wow, it's been already what 3 minutes?

Yep I have trolls popping up alright but they keep giving me the horn.

queentina3
11-30-12, 03:29 PM
so basically it would be ok if i send them on the dark cave adventure although i have no goal what so ever about the dark caves nor the mithril yet? do u remember when u got the goal to go to the caves cuz i wouldn t want to do it in advance and afterwards get no reward for doing so

Yes because you'll still get the rewards from the Adventure it just won't mark that portion of the goal complete if you happen to get it WHILE they are on the Adventure. My issue was I got the goal, along with the Forging Excalibam at the same time. I sent them on the Adventure and the next day when I collected from it I got a Mithril. The Mithril portion of the goal wasn't recognized so I had to send them AGAIN hoping I'd get another Mithril, which I did, so both the Forging of Excalibam and this particular goal of "sending the knights/get mithril) ended up completing at the same time as the sword takes 20 hours and the Adventure takes 22 hours. I just got VERY LUCKY that I got that 2nd Mithril on the very next Adventure so it would get recognized.

These are the last 2 goals that pop-up before you have to expand to the Troll King and then Defeat him, as you can't do the last 2 without Forging the Sword first.

I did PM with MHz_ and he was going to have the team look into WHY it hadn't recognized me getting the Mithril in the first place, but since I had already completed the task before he got my original PM, I'm not sure if they'll be able to trace why my goal went wonky. I just hope nobody else has the issue I had, or if they do, they get lucky and have the items needed to immediatly do another Dark Caves Adventure and get another Mithril right away. :)

david0207
11-30-12, 03:39 PM
Yes because you'll still get the rewards from the Adventure it just won't mark that portion of the goal complete if you happen to get it WHILE they are on the Adventure. My issue was I got the goal, along with the Forging Excalibam at the same time. I sent them on the Adventure and the next day when I collected from it I got a Mithril. The Mithril portion of the goal wasn't recognized so I had to send them AGAIN hoping I'd get another Mithril, which I did, so both the Forging of Excalibam and this particular goal of "sending the knights/get mithril) ended up completing at the same time as the sword takes 20 hours and the Adventure takes 22 hours. I just got VERY LUCKY that I got that 2nd Mithril on the very next Adventure so it would get recognized.

These are the last 2 goals that pop-up before you have to expand to the Troll King and then Defeat him, as you can't do the last 2 without Forging the Sword first.

I did PM with MHz_ and he was going to have the team look into WHY it hadn't recognized me getting the Mithril in the first place, but since I had already completed the task before he got my original PM, I'm not sure if they'll be able to trace why my goal went wonky. I just hope nobody else has the issue I had, or if they do, they get lucky and have the items needed to immediatly do another Dark Caves Adventure and get another Mithril right away. :)

Cool, thanks for the explanation. Do u remember how much the reward was for sending the knights to the cave cuz right now i need all the coins i can get cuz i'm nowhere near 135,000 for the expansion and if it was a large amount of coins for doing the adventure i guess i'll wait so i can cash in as well

queentina3
11-30-12, 05:25 PM
Cool, thanks for the explanation. Do u remember how much the reward was for sending the knights to the cave cuz right now i need all the coins i can get cuz i'm nowhere near 135,000 for the expansion and if it was a large amount of coins for doing the adventure i guess i'll wait so i can cash in as well

That adventure costs you $5,000 coins but I got quite a few great things out of it, too bad I can't recall them all right now. :)

midnightmeerkat
11-30-12, 06:21 PM
I did ask about this. The game doesn't change drop rates depending on what we need. It's a case of bad luck. I've been told it also affects staff members.

:). Oh I know that they haven't rigged the game but at times it certainly feels like a conspiracy!

maguar
11-30-12, 06:25 PM
:). Oh I know that they haven't rigged the game but at times it certainly feels like a conspiracy!

I hear you. I asked just so I could put people's minds to rest. Of course feeling that you're unlucky . . . :p

midnightmeerkat
11-30-12, 08:16 PM
I hear you. I asked just so I could put people's minds to rest. Of course feeling that you're unlucky . . . :p

It's all related to Murphy's law ......

maguar
11-30-12, 08:20 PM
It's all related to Murphy's law ......

O'Toole's Law - "Murphy was an optimist"

mamareader02
12-01-12, 04:01 PM
Ummm...I got the mithril from a dark cave adventure I started yesterday,but isn't recognized.prob is,i already had the materials to make excalibam sword,so I started it in the forge-now the goal doesn't recognize that I have the mithril,I hope it recognizes I have the sword when it's done,or TL is going to have to correct the problem,the goals should have popped up at same time

hopesdragons
12-01-12, 04:44 PM
I had mithril in my inventory and it did register. I still have to do the Dark Cave Adventure, but the mithril requirement had a green check next to it.

mamareader02
12-01-12, 04:50 PM
Mine had a green check-but it went away(the check)

Rockinkitten
12-02-12, 01:04 AM
Aargh defeated two trolls this morning and no essence. I have a feeling this goal is going to take a looooong time!

maguar
12-02-12, 01:12 AM
Aargh defeated two trolls this morning and no essence. I have a feeling this goal is going to take a looooong time!

Got my second shard this morning. Was short on the rat tails. I decided to spend gems as the reward was better drops from monsters. Next two trolls dropped 2 troll essences each. I was so thankful.

Hope you get your essence soon.

Rockinkitten
12-03-12, 12:07 AM
Got some last night and the last two this morning! I kept buying and breaking rock outcroppings to lure the trolls. My excalibam is now brewing!

maguar
12-03-12, 01:14 AM
Got some last night and the last two this morning! I kept buying and breaking rock outcroppings to lure the trolls. My excalibam is now brewing!

Just put mine on now.

NanaCanna
12-03-12, 12:17 PM
I got the quest to forge excalibam after collecting from Thurstons fort the 1st time but it requires 1 Mithril which says you get it from mining. but if you click the "?" It says you can obtain it a number of ways. I keep wasting all my energy on mining rock & still haven't got it. Any help would be appreciated.

wassupbaby
12-03-12, 12:31 PM
I got the quest to forge excalibam after collecting from Thurstons fort the 1st time but it requires 1 Mithril which says you get it from mining. but if you click the "?" It says you can obtain it a number of ways. I keep wasting all my energy on mining rock & still haven't got it. Any help would be appreciated.

You can craft it after getting the 4th shard :D or u can also get it from the 3rd adventure.

nokkha
12-03-12, 08:18 PM
Hi, can anyone please tell me if I need more than 1 ballista? If yes I'll keep chopping down the trees ^_^ thanks!

zombiefun
12-03-12, 09:20 PM
Only one ballista, stop chopping. ;)

roosfamily
12-04-12, 01:14 AM
Sir Piggleswoth gives it sometimes. I got two from him.

maguar
12-04-12, 02:54 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the trolling drops items when you're fighting him? I've had multiple jewels and troll essence from him.

tiggerhobbes
12-04-12, 03:50 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the trolling drops items when you're fighting him? I've had multiple jewels and troll essence from him.

I got troll essence, glimmer dust, bone, troll horn from the troll. No jewels though.

For a moment I thought you mean you've dropped items while fending off the trolls, like being robbed, LOL.

I once got robbed of my energy, that's for sure. Fought the troll with 4 hits, ran out of energy. Came back later; my energy still gone; but the troll "recovered." >_<

maguar
12-04-12, 04:07 AM
I got troll essence, glimmer dust, bone, troll horn from the troll. No jewels though.

For a moment I thought you mean you've dropped items while fending off the trolls, like being robbed, LOL.

I once got robbed of my energy, that's for sure. Fought the troll with 4 hits, ran out of energy. Came back later; my energy still gone; but the troll "recovered." >_<

Oops didn't notice I had trolling not troll king. Just got a horn from him. Oh it regenerated. Nasty. I've been lucky with a lot of hits that take 2 health.

Rockinkitten
12-04-12, 06:09 AM
Troll king dropped a lot of horns and a few essence for me, loads of coins too, and atcthebend also various food and a big red gem :)

I kind of miss him now.

baroquex
12-04-12, 11:00 PM

I'm guessing you have to wait until after you have built Thurston's fort to trigger quest to craft the Excalibam? I am currently at the Royal Defender quest which involves constructing a Ballista and gathering 60 Stout Knights. I am hoping after completing it i will trigger Thurstons fort.

yupiyupigumgum
12-04-12, 11:04 PM
Where can i find the mithril, beside dark cave adventure? I thought i've read it somewhere but i didn't remember on what thread.

tiggerhobbes
12-04-12, 11:10 PM
LOL, troll king was trolling :-)

So did the troll king regenerate? O.O;; Not looking forward to fighting him.

@teduw: the excalibam quest is triggered when you collect from Thurston's Fort for the first time.

@yupi: from memory, you can get mithril from the sparkling mine. If you have the 4th (or 5th?) knowledge shard, you can also make yow own mithril in the magic forge.

Although people were saying they got mithril from the dark cave quest before they got the Secrets of Mithril goal, and it didn't register. They end up having to do the dark cave quest again. So it might be easier to just do the dark cave quest.

midnightmeerkat
12-04-12, 11:12 PM
Where can i find the mithril, beside dark cave adventure? I thought i've read it somewhere but i didn't remember on what thread.

Have you got the quest to find Mithral in the dark caves? I did on one of my games and found the Mithral first time in the cave, I am wondering if it always does that

yupiyupigumgum
12-05-12, 12:26 AM
Have you got the quest to find Mithral in the dark caves? I did on one of my games and found the Mithral first time in the cave, I am wondering if it always does that

Yes, I'm sending my knights there right now. I hope they don't get lost. Last time they went for hunting bandits 24 hours and came home with rat tail. Seriously guys... i've been feeding you healthy stew and the best you can found is that?!

midnightmeerkat
12-05-12, 12:39 AM
Yes, I'm sending my knights there right now. I hope they don't get lost. Last time they went for hunting bandits 24 hours and came home with rat tail. Seriously guys... i've been feeding you healthy stew and the best you can found is that?!

And they lose all their swords.... Highly disappointing knights they are!!!

maguar
12-05-12, 12:51 AM
And they lose all their swords.... Highly disappointing knights they are!!!

I don't know. Thurston might be stealing their swords. Some seem to turn up in his Fort.

midnightmeerkat
12-05-12, 02:01 AM
I don't know. Thurston might be stealing their swords. Some seem to turn up in his Fort.

Yep, I noticed that too.... At least he has the decency of giving them back.

ninjaAhug
12-13-12, 02:37 AM
What are the quests for him? :)
I have got his pants off the troll and I have just started fishing for his helmet (I have a feeling it might be a while lol) is there any more after this? :)

maguar
12-13-12, 02:42 AM
You then need to forge his breastplate. I think you dress him after that

ninjaAhug
12-13-12, 02:48 AM
*smacks head* yep lol 30 iron I just spent lol Orwell back to the market for some more! And thank you :) it would good to get rid of the sneezing man in his undies. Lol if they bring in snow before I forge it I feel sorry for him haha

MooreHouse
12-17-12, 09:37 PM
What is Mithril?
I haven't triggered this quest yet, as I'm still finishing Thurstan's fort, but I already have all the enchanted essence and troll essence.

maguar
12-17-12, 10:47 PM
What is Mithril?
I haven't triggered this quest yet, as I'm still finishing Thurstan's fort, but I already have all the enchanted essence and troll essence.

It's a rare mineral. If you haven't got some already you'll get it when old Thomas sends you on the dark cave adventure.

hamhead777
12-18-12, 02:12 PM
Thurston has been dressed. I don't have a new goal. Do I need to build his hut or expand to the troll's spot? Thanks.

maguar
12-18-12, 02:16 PM
Thurston has been dressed. I don't have a new goal. Do I need to build his hut or expand to the troll's spot? Thanks.

You need to see a skunkupine to get the next quest

hamhead777
12-18-12, 10:52 PM
You need to see a skunkupine to get the next quest

Thanks. Need to wait for a skunkupine. I think I battled 3-4 trolls already. I'm glad I don't have to build right away.

ptrcloudy
12-20-12, 02:59 AM
hi all,

a question.
i have beaten the troll king with 99 times.
Collected once from the troll pit.

Till now, there is no new mission or quest. Does it same to you all? Or do you have the new mission after defeated the troll king?

Last, have you guys explored the structure building which look like a giant bird nest next to troll pit?

maguar
12-20-12, 03:17 AM
hi all,

a question.
i have beaten the troll king with 99 times.
Collected once from the troll pit.

Till now, there is no new mission or quest. Does it same to you all? Or do you have the new mission after defeated the troll king?

Last, have you guys explored the structure building which look like a giant bird nest next to troll pit?

At the moment there is no quest after defeating the troll king. We also can't expand to the nest, gateway, bower yet. We'll have to wait for an update for these.

ptrcloudy
12-20-12, 06:56 AM
I see. Thanks.

Now I can concentrate to make more lantern.

obama_papa
01-12-13, 06:48 PM
Hi, where can i mine for 'Mithril' ?

arale_norimaki
01-12-13, 06:55 PM
You should check page 15 of this thread :)

brewerbmc
01-14-13, 02:55 AM
Thank God somebody knows but geez that's a lot! And I'm still waiting for skunkupines to defeat. I've gotten the rest :-/

rsmayor
01-19-13, 09:39 PM
what should i do next to trigger the next quest start after completeing the troll king quest?

maguar
01-19-13, 09:45 PM
There's not a quest after the troll king. Check the goal thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals) to see if there are any you've missed.

loveknots
03-19-13, 02:34 PM
So until I finally get him dressed I should expand in other places? No use wasting my lanterns on an area I can't expand to in like forever. 12 Trolls still no pants! Should I move him back to the spot I found him? I only get a troll every other day. I keep collecting from everything(buildings and resources). when I would rather save my energy for mermaid scales. But he is so pathetic looking!

1HottiePilates
06-28-13, 01:26 PM
I cannot seem to build Thurston's fort. Posts say to craft a ballista in the workshop but I don't have that choice. Is it already there but you have to expand it. I cannot locate it.

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 01:36 PM
Hi! Have you dressed Thurston yet?

MiniLaura
06-28-13, 01:41 PM
Have you completed all of the goals up to building the ballista? They are shown here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481921&viewfull=1#post481921).

You can find information about doing Thurston's story line here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40538-The-legendary-sword-Excalibam-Thurston).

(merging threads)

shortybabes
06-01-14, 08:44 AM
How do u unlock thurstons fort x