PDA

View Full Version : New dragons, Storm and Scarecrow, are they ....

MomsHouseofSweets
11-22-12, 05:20 PM
Are these two new dragons just for those who are able to have New Dawn or those who use Apple? Kinda confusing, at least for me. So ... is the Mirage for Androids?

Takiofallen
11-22-12, 05:32 PM
Ios update the old DS the mirage is the normal weekly update
Are these two new dragons just for those who are able to have New Dawn or those who use Apple? Kinda confusing, at least for me. So ... is the Mirage for Androids?

MomsHouseofSweets
11-22-12, 05:42 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what IOS means.

The New Dawn business is, for me, very confusing and I realize that I'm probably the only one who's confused. LOL Old Edition, New Dawn Edition, New Dawn is not for Android, New Dawn has been released for Android, but maybe partially ... maybe not partially ... I'm confused and don't understand why some get this and some get that ... <banging head on desk>. Guess I just don't get it.

I went to see what was available and down loaded what indicates "New Dawn". Much more pale in coloring, so perhaps this is the right one?? Don't see much of any change, except for the pale island coloring and a new "Collect" sign.

Takiofallen
11-22-12, 05:54 PM
Ios is an operating system used for apple devices like windows for pc. The update was not for any non apple devices. i only know this because I'm a tech nut so don't feel bad

MomsHouseofSweets
11-22-12, 06:01 PM
Thank you, Takiofallen, I really appreciate your help with this. It's all so confusing to me ... the separation of the game between IOS and 'Droids. I read here just recently, that New Dawn has been released (today) for Androids, but I've not found much information other than that. Oh, and it seems to be the "old" app for 'Droids. I began looking into the New Dawn thing, because I liked the beautiful buildings and decor that some players had and was curious about the "boosts", which I believe are related to goals of some sort. Ah, well ... maybe it will eventually get straightened out as to whom has what. LOL

Takiofallen
11-22-12, 06:11 PM
Apparently droids never got a new version of DS they just got an update. So now from what i hear Droid did receive the new dawn update today which should give you the boost decorations. Now in order to get the boost decorations you need to raise 10 dragons of each element to unlock them. I think by this coming monday there will be some clarity on what Android/kindle has received as far as updates....... and your welcome :)

MomsHouseofSweets
11-22-12, 06:24 PM
Again, Takiofallen ... thank you. I'll get it straight one day, only to find out that I'm behind again LOL!!!!

jrodt333
11-22-12, 07:48 PM
Apparently droids never got a new version of DS they just got an update. So now from what i hear Droid did receive the new dawn update today which should give you the boost decorations. Now in order to get the boost decorations you need to raise 10 dragons of each element to unlock them. I think by this coming monday there will be some clarity on what Android/kindle has received as far as updates....... and your welcome :)

No and yes. We droid users did get New Dwan, but we didn't get the boosts or the Dawn tree. At least that's how it was last time I checked...

enoch4
11-22-12, 08:56 PM
I use iphone and I've got mine figured out, but I'm not sure how other systems work. I have a friend using a kindle fire who was asking me how I got the new dragons. Can they get the scarecrow and storm dragon on kindle yet? They can see them in the market, but it still says available at level 1000. Is there an update for kindle yet? Sorry if this was covered somewhere else in the forum, but I couldn't find it.

jhhgbdj
11-22-12, 10:35 PM
Ugh, so complicated

Mlb3116
11-24-12, 07:45 PM

Do you remember where u heard that the rest of new dawn will come monday? This is the first Im hearing of this so any confirmarion from TL staff would also be greatly appreciated! *holds breath and turns blue* Lol!

Mlb3116
11-24-12, 07:46 PM
*confirmation! Umm edit option anyone?!?

tezcatlo
11-24-12, 08:51 PM
I just looked in the google play store and there is a New Dawn download that wasn't there before! It's not an update but a separate app to download. I haven't downloaded yet cause I heard that the food quantities needed to level your dragons went up significantly. When someone downloaded it can u please confirm the content and also food quantities needed to reach epic?

luv2wander
11-24-12, 11:38 PM
As far as I can tell the only difference is the island colors/looks. The food quantities looked the same.

summersalt
11-25-12, 10:19 AM
Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what IOS means.

The New Dawn business is, for me, very confusing and I realize that I'm probably the only one who's confused. LOL Old Edition, New Dawn Edition, New Dawn is not for Android, New Dawn has been released for Android, but maybe partially ... maybe not partially ... I'm confused and don't understand why some get this and some get that ... <banging head on desk>. Guess I just don't get it.

I went to see what was available and down loaded what indicates "New Dawn". Much more pale in coloring, so perhaps this is the right one?? Don't see much of any change, except for the pale island coloring and a new "Collect" sign.

I was thinking the same thing, whats so great about new dawn? Its washed out with ugly pastel colors, looks like new dawn is the version from 1985, and force closes even more often then the original... didnt think that was even possible. Spend more time reopening and going through a thousand pop up ads,and then force closing again and then again popup ads, by the time the game actually appears and i have avoid the gold traps, i dont feel like visitng neighbors and force closing again. Sorry neighbors.

But seriously? What is TL doing? Im so sick of the shrug off they give to android users. I will never choose an iphone over an android, i dont care about the hype. I love the androids. But why cant TL be fair? Im so sick of hearing about albums, and golden trees, and goals, i have things locked by goals that i cant get to? Seriously, GIVE IT A REST TL! It is so old now!. An ur feeble attempt to throw android users a bone, is to give us a different version to download thats the same thing but uglier??? Dont even other yourselves!!

summersalt
11-25-12, 10:24 AM
Bother yourselves*

Iphone users can have their golden tree*, I've got a five row slide out keyboard, and a touch screen keyboard. How you like those "apples". :oP lol

kwhales
11-25-12, 10:28 AM
New dawn is the version of DS that IOS players have had for awhile. Isn't this what android users have been asking for. I don't think by downloading it will change the food amounts on the original game. It just has new features.(i believe more dragons=not really sure). I personnally like the colors. maybe because I had new dawn before the original.

summersalt
11-25-12, 10:34 AM
Same dragons, same food, decoration goals we cant unlock until level 1000..haha, no golden tree (whatever that even is), no nothing. Doesn't do a single thing for us. In fact it even takes away the color...and available memory on our phones. And, no... i can assure you this is not what android users were asking for.

kwhales
11-25-12, 10:46 AM
Same dragons, same food, decoration goals we cant unlock until level 1000..haha, no golden tree (whatever that even is), no nothing. Doesn't do a single thing for us. In fact it even takes away the color...and available memory on our phones. And, no... i can assure you this is not what android users were asking for.

Oh.....

krisypie1
11-25-12, 10:59 AM
I like the color in the New Dawn, it's brighter, not so dreary looking. And if you read alot of these post it is what most android users are asking for. So far I haven't had any problems with force closing, and no freezing like the old version. It's alot faster than the old version.

summersalt
11-25-12, 11:06 AM
I like the color in the New Dawn, it's brighter, not so dreary looking. And if you read alot of these post it is what most android users are asking for. So far I haven't had any problems with force closing, and no freezing like the old version. It's alot faster than the old version.

Its opposite for android users. Trust me. So its like they gave us the same thing we had but looks like ur original version fromwhat ur saying. But they tease us by giving us stuff we cant possibly obtain. I let u know when i get to level 1000.

summersalt
11-25-12, 11:07 AM
Read houseofmoms second post on this thread. Our new dawn is washed out looking.

salinho
11-25-12, 11:15 AM

Don't take it put on kwhales, bud. :) nor on whoever buys apple stuff. I did buy my iPod nano out of my own accord like 5 years ago and still love it. And the reason why I own an iPad is because I asked my dad for a laptop but he decided to pull an Apple-maniac move on me. Yeah. -.-;;; (laugh at my "misfortune" all you want, because I would have still preferred the laptop!!)
But apple users are not to blame. TL's racism is!! And that does suck! I can understand you feel annoyed with all this...

Heck, I feel annoyed because I can't take full advantage of my dropbox account as my brother can on his android tablet.

I am using an android phone (temporarily,while my nokia is repairing) and decided to install DS. Oh boy, the lag. Didn't bother going past level four :D

And I thought it was pronounced, "How do you like them apples?" But nice pun :D

Anyway, some people experience lags and force closure, both on android and apple. That's one more factor to add for the irritation. My nephew plays on his two year-old iPod touch and that thing is. So. Darn. Slow.

salinho
11-25-12, 11:17 AM
Read houseofmoms second post on this thread. Our new dawn is washed out looking.

I kinda like to colors of new dawn! (when they don't give me migraines for being too bright)
The colors of new dawn are different between software platforms? Odd :o well, I guess we can REALLY expect anything from TL...

summersalt
11-25-12, 12:05 PM
Was not taking it out on kwhales. Much respect for kwhales. Nothing about my posts alluded to that. And was just being humerous and silly with my pun about iphones. To each there own. It is and only ever will be TLs lack of fairness. They all must own iphones! Thats the bottom line.

salinho
11-25-12, 12:27 PM
Was not taking it out on kwhales. Much respect for kwhales. Nothing about my posts alluded to that. And was just being humerous and silly with my pun about iphones. To each there own. It is and only ever will be TLs lack of fairness. They all must own iphones! Thats the bottom line.

Okay then, sorry. ;)

Lol, yes, probably they do! Mac maniaca...what can we do? -.- it is indeed unfair for many people. :(

kwhales
11-25-12, 12:37 PM
Okay then, sorry. ;)

Lol, yes, probably they do! Mac maniaca...what can we do? -.- it is indeed unfair for many people. :(

I've never owned an android product. But my friends have, and they seem to have a lot of problems with them (phones). So I never tried one. As for having an Iphone instead, all my products (computer, laptop, ipad, ipod) are all mac, so I figured iphone was best for me.). And, because out of the four years of having macs, I never once had a problem with anything. No viruses, no lagging, nothing. But that's me.

Like they say "once you go mac, you never go back".

summersalt
11-25-12, 12:47 PM
I've never owned an android product. But my friends have, and they seem to have a lot of problems with them (phones). So I never tried one. As for having an Iphone instead, all my products (computer, laptop, ipad, ipod) are all mac, so I figured iphone was best for me.). And, because out of the four years of having macs, I never once had a problem with anything. No viruses, no lagging, nothing. But that's me.

Like they say "once you go mac, you never go back".

Perhaps true.. but the only way i will take more then a second glance is when the creators of iphones add a keyboard. I am female but i do not have a gentle touch, or the hands of a videogamer.i have blue collar hands, and harden big fingers makes typing on a touch screen a nightmare. A one out of four chance of ever hitting the right button. And then the backspace button is just as difficult.. naaa, not for me. :)

summersalt
11-25-12, 12:50 PM
Mac avoids viruses by changing so quickly. But the perks of that are outweighed by the fortune it costs u to keep up.. again, not designed for a blue collar.

kwhales
11-25-12, 12:52 PM
Perhaps true.. but the only way i will take more then a second glance is when the creators of iphones add a keyboard. I am female but i do not have a gentle touch, or the hands of a videogamer.i have blue collar hands, and harden big fingers makes typing on a touch screen a nightmare. A one out of four chance of ever hitting the right button. And then the backspace button is just as difficult.. naaa, not for me. :)

Yeah, I kind of wish we had a choice in keypads and phones. Having just on iphone style is well, a bummer!. and then there is the cost.............!!

Takiofallen
11-25-12, 01:22 PM
I am quiet sure you have a gentle touch when necessary. It's not as if your breaking screens with your finger tips. I think the issue is more of familiarity thing. Blue color or not i'm sure my hands are as big if not bigger then yours are and i don't have a problem. I have used both android and apple. I have made the transition from keypads to touch screen. I have went from every model of evo up to the 3D which is sitting in my draw now to my 4S. Key pads are to bulky and a slight inconvenience. If i want to use a symbol it takes holding a button. I can use one hand with a touch screen to do what ever i need. If you really want you can make the transition it just takes a little getting use to.

summersalt
11-25-12, 01:34 PM
I am quiet sure you have a gentle touch when necessary. It's not as if your breaking screens with your finger tips. I think the issue is more of familiarity thing. Blue color or not i'm sure my hands are as big if not bigger then yours are and i don't have a problem. I have used both android and apple. I have made the transition from keypads to touch screen. I have went from every model of evo up to the 3D which is sitting in my draw now to my 4S. Key pads are to bulky and a slight inconvenience. If i want to use a symbol it takes holding a button. I can use one hand with a touch screen to do what ever i need. If you really want you can make the transition it just takes a little getting use to.

I can type with my eyes closed.. or even when having a conversation with someone while looking them in their eyes. do u ever become that familiar with a touch screen? They should separate the accidents caused by cell phone use into keyboard versus touchscreen cell phones.. And of course with you being who you are (and i know) we would need to account for the fact that more people may use ios devices.. (got it), but still i think the results would clearly show that ios users have to pay more attention to do what others can do effortlessly. It may take some getting used to, but the mind can be trained to do anything even if it is the hard way. I would destroy someone who uses an device in a texting or email contest (all day, everyday).

summersalt
11-25-12, 01:35 PM
An i-device*

Takiofallen
11-25-12, 01:44 PM
Eyes closed no but i can walk around my house blind folded :). I would take your challenge on any day. Me and siri will kick your tail lol.
I can type with my eyes closed.. or even when having a conversation with someone while looking them in their eyes. do u ever become that familiar with a touch screen? They should separate the accidents caused by cell phone use into keyboard versus touchscreen cell phones.. And of course with you being who you are (and i know) we would need to account for the fact that more people may use ios devices.. (got it), but still i think the results would clearly show that ios users have to pay more attention to do what others can do effortlessly. It may take some getting used to, but the mind can be trained to do anything even if it is the hard way. I would destroy someone who uses an device in a texting or email contest (all day, everyday).

summersalt
11-25-12, 01:48 PM
I hear you though Takio, and thank you. I just absolutely love my keyboard. Would not buy the droid x because it didnt have one. It does add a little bulk to the phone but i will still opt for my android over a little extra weight, (which probably adds to the durability as well, i drop my phone alot, and i have never scattered the screen, and 1 out of 2 people i see with an iphone has a shattered screen with a screen protector holding the pieces together), so i will take that as well as all the injustice that TL wants to dish out for my my personal choice, albeit unfair, and not the way to do business. Still to each there own.

summersalt
11-25-12, 01:50 PM
Eyes closed no but i can walk around my house blind folded :). I would take your challenge on any day. Me and siri will kick your tail lol.

Lol .. uh oh.. it was just a euphemism :P

summersalt
11-25-12, 02:00 PM

Ok maybe just an idiom.. and no not siri, she *****s.. lol

Takiofallen
11-25-12, 02:01 PM
Hey you never know lol. I think the major reason is programing issues. I'v seen a few complaints already from people saying new dawn is causing slowdown and forced close issues. I think the IOS devices are just better equipped to handle the game. Even older GEN i products have a problem. Is there any other TL game where this is an issue?

kwhales
11-25-12, 02:05 PM
Ok back on topic....So did android get mirage at least?

summersalt
11-25-12, 02:17 PM
I play bakery and dragon now, 99 in bakery (cant seem to let it go its been too long), and fashion story, and played zoo story ( what a disgrace that is for their rep), and city story (nothing left to do or get), played restuarant for gems in other games, but didnt want the burden i have in bakery story, and slots. No other game does it as much as dragon story. And Ive told TL, theyre responsewas to stop apps from running in the background and/or delete apps. My response was: Theyre you apps, and u create them to run in the background, (my app ****er gets an insane amount of use), so theyre advice was to delete their apps to make room for their apps.. GENIUSES.. JUST PURE GENIUSES!

summersalt
11-25-12, 02:18 PM
Ok back on topic....So did android get mirage at least?

Yes but not scarecrow or the other one

summersalt
11-25-12, 02:19 PM
Yes but not scarecrow or the other one

Cant unlock without goals, and no "goals"

MomsHouseofSweets
11-27-12, 09:43 AM
Hey you never know lol. I think the major reason is programing issues. I'v seen a few complaints already from people saying new dawn is causing slowdown and forced close issues. I think the IOS devices are just better equipped to handle the game. Even older GEN i products have a problem. Is there any other TL game where this is an issue?

Oh, yes ... I've been on Bakery Story for a long, long time and have been plagued (and I mean Plagued) with Force Closings, as well as the game shutting down, going back to the game opening screen. This has been going on for months. I've notified Support, done everything that was suggested many, many, many times, but nothing helped. I kept track of what was going on and the FCs and game closings were happening at times every minute and in multiples. Multiples meaning, get a Force Close, open the game, get a Force Close, open the game, get a Force Close, open the game, play for less than a minute, get hit with a restart and so on every time I play, every day. Dragon Story is doing this as well and just about as bad. Very frustrating and makes it difficult to play. There are new issues (as compared to BS), like the blue screens, only part of a players islands showing up, some dragons not showing, floating dragons with no island. LOL If I didn't know better, I'd say there was some sort of weird virus, but I know that's not the case.

tonguelashing
11-27-12, 10:13 AM
Cant unlock without goals, and no "goals"

But the interesting thing is we (android users) *do* get some goals. In fact the goal for the Mirage dragon is there. As was the Aurora (but not the Zombie). So they can publish new goals to Android. It just might be that the new dragons require some local resources in the client app and not just the server, thus the update for Apple users (I actually also play a little on my iPhone, but my primary is my Android tablet. I haven`t done any update to New Dawn on my iPhone yet so I don`t see a goal for the new dragons there yet either)