PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard not working Galaxy Tab

Frits
12-05-10, 09:15 AM
As mentioned, i'm not able to use the keyboard to enter any messages on the Galaxy tab.
Tried the Slide and standard keyboard, both no success.

The only place i can use the keyboard is to enter or change my name, anywhere else the keyboard comes up, flickers a bit, but nothing happens on the key presses.

This means, no responses to messages or friend invites (sorry in advance for the farmers expecting a reply.....)

Any solution out there?

Frits
12-06-10, 02:02 PM
PS, Froyo 2.2

JayPeg88
12-09-10, 04:13 PM
Hello Fritz,

I am also experiencing the same behavior/issue on my Samsung Galaxy Tab whereby I can not add any friends because the keyboard does not type in the box.
I have tried several different keyboards but no joy.

Really annoying as I can't increase my farms size or add my friends.

Really hope this gets fixed or a workaround is found.

Thanks,
JayPeg88

JayPeg88
12-10-10, 01:37 PM
Bump bump bump!

Frits
12-10-10, 02:11 PM
Yes very annoying indeed.

add. info: Selecting the text input field opens the keyboard, but this de-selects the field itself, therefore rendering the keyboard unusable. Re-selecting the input field triggers the keyboard again, with the same effect as above.

The keyboard does not just pop-up but opens in an erratic way, you can see it flickering all over the screen bottom, top and bottom again.

It does work on a few places, like the name entry field.

Unregistered
12-11-10, 06:20 AM
i just asked the same question on bug report.Hope that it can be fixed.

JayPeg88
12-12-10, 04:54 AM
Bump Bump Bump!

Unregistered
12-16-10, 07:04 AM
It seems that teamlava does not care at all.Not a single reply from them.

Keylon
12-16-10, 08:07 AM
bump

i have the same problem on the galaxy tab T__T please fix that

btw creating a Storm8 id was no problem at all

Frits
12-17-10, 04:49 PM
Ok after today's update I can post on walls and can enter names in the Friends box (thanks). But non of the ID's entered are accepted! An additional bug, or should i just wait?

JayPeg88
12-18-10, 03:21 AM
I've not been prompted for that updated yet.
You can Invite people now?

Frits
12-18-10, 07:46 AM
Can use the invite box, and can enter a name, but none of the names are accepted....

JayPeg88
12-20-10, 10:44 AM
Mines fixed.

Make sure you have created a storm id. I had the same problem after update and realised I hadn't created an account

Frits
12-20-10, 03:39 PM
i actually thought the same today, thing is however I already have an id. I use that for World war etc. Just cannot select that one! Not sure that if I create a new one that the other one will be overwritten. Wrote a mail to Lava for support.

Unregistered
12-21-10, 07:49 AM
This is absolute bull ****. My farm worked fine until I update yesterday. Not one response from "suppot" I have a very sick husband in the hospital and this takes my mind off things when Im home at night. I cant do NOTHING on it. It just goes to my screen and says "force close or wait" I try wait for 10 minutes and give up!!! Does anyone else have this problem? PLEASE lets all keep writing to support to they fix it. Like I said I have an LG ALLY Android for Verizon. It's a new phone and the game worked fine before I did this stupid update. Support do somethin!!!!PLEASE!

Frits
12-21-10, 02:35 PM
Well, best option to get support, it first of all to post in the correct forum /post.

You have just posted in a tread for an issue not at all related to your issue!

Frits
12-23-10, 10:52 AM
With the latest updates, the keyboard, works fine!