PDA

View Full Version : New Goals - Why???

queentina3
11-21-12, 06:18 PM
I just had 2 goals pop-up for items that were in last weeks update. I've already purchased them so it isn't worth doing these goals.

TL, why would you release goals for items that people probably already purchased as they were in a PREVIOUS WEEKS UPDATE?

If you're going to release goals, maybe you shouldn't release the goal prizes as items to purchase previously? There's a thought. :rolleyes:

tilefish
11-21-12, 07:50 PM
I experienced the same with you. And I already complete my house, and theres no space to place them anymore, I have to sell the items i bought before in order to buy new one. :'(

queentina3
11-21-12, 08:06 PM
I experienced the same with you. And I already complete my house, and theres no space to place them anymore, I have to sell the items i bought before in order to buy new one. :'(

You could just store other items in order to have room to place the items they want you to buy, however, if you purchased the GOAL PRIZE, there is NO point in doing the goal in the first place. That was my point. The Goal Prizes are items that came out last week, and were available for purchase, so WHY bother releasing a GOAL with a prize that is over a week old? It makes zero sense. TL should be releasing goals with prizes that weren't already available for purchase in the past, otherwise what is the point of the goal?

Dreamer691
11-21-12, 08:31 PM
These are the new goals:
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p556/Dreamer6291/88F17A03-EF44-41B4-9047-B3986DC1187E-2417-0000005E9E7A4234.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p556/Dreamer6291/A300FED2-5330-4FE1-A653-9277E1CB25D1-2417-0000005EA4686D45.jpg

But look, the items aren't even locked by a goal. We'd just get one for free. And they're coin items anyway
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p556/Dreamer6291/CB17BCB2-71AD-48F0-8B1C-E9D5F61D4B07-2417-0000005EA95C6248.jpg

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 03:42 AM
Already bought bonfire, wicker lounge and thanksgiving table few days ago. Not going to accomplish the goals. It's sooo last week. Maybe TL forgot to upload these goals :-P

device2
11-22-12, 04:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... I believe the goals last week and the goals this week only have coins and xp are rewards.

I want a PRIZE as a reward, like a decoration or something. If the only rewards are coins and xp, to me it's not really a goal because I can get coins and xp just by playing the game.

queentina3
11-22-12, 05:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... I believe the goals last week and the goals this week only have coins and xp are rewards.

I want a PRIZE as a reward, like a decoration or something. If the only rewards are coins and xp, to me it's not really a goal because I can get coins and xp just by playing the game.

Holding on to Autum you have 2 parts. The 1st part you have to buy Bonfire then you have to buy 2 wicker tables. Once you have those, you get the Wicker Lounge as a prize.
Home on the Range you have 2 parts. The 1st part you have to buy the Gourmet Range then you have to buy the Kitchen Island. Once you have those, you get the Thanksgiving Table as a prize.

You also get the 400 coins and house experience on top of those prizes.

I ended up doing the goals just to get rid of them, and to get my house experience up, and it isn't like I don't have the coin. I'm just annoyed that TL released these goals and goal prizes for items they released to us last week and they were never LOCKED as a Goal item. If they are going to release goals, they should be consistent and release them WHEN they release the content so we don't purchase things we'd need for the goal. They dropped the ball on this one, IMO, big time.

ginerp
11-23-12, 09:16 PM
I just had 2 goals pop-up for items that were in last weeks update. I've already purchased them so it isn't worth doing these goals.

TL, why would you release goals for items that people probably already purchased as they were in a PREVIOUS WEEKS UPDATE?

If you're going to release goals, maybe you shouldn't release the goal prizes as items to purchase previously? There's a thought. :rolleyes:

I agree. I already purchased these items, so these new goals are worthless to me. Makes no sense.

PenguinFlop
11-26-12, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll let the appropriate parties know about this.

device2
11-27-12, 12:16 PM
TL released these goals and goal prizes for items they released to us last week and they were never LOCKED as a Goal item.

Yes, this was confusing. Why complete the goals when the reward items weren't locked. Maybe they were supposted to be locked and TL made an error.

namkraps
12-21-12, 10:45 PM
I am wondering if there isn't any way to get "credit" for items in a goal list if they have already been purchased... I bought 8 snowy windows and a gingerbread house, just to have them pop up in my goals list the next day. I don't want to repurchase these items, but can't stand to not finish goals...

Baraze
12-21-12, 11:13 PM
I am wondering if there isn't any way to get "credit" for items in a goal list if they have already been purchased... I bought 8 snowy windows and a gingerbread house, just to have them pop up in my goals list the next day. I don't want to repurchase these items, but can't stand to not finish goals...

That would never happen. You'd just be told the goal list should have been checked first. Or two of everything is better than one!

fitfunsparkle
12-26-12, 02:42 PM
I agree! It should be retroactive. Those goals weren't even in game when i purchased my windows and gingerbread house. Then the next day, there they were. I dont mind having more windows, so i bought them . But the same thing happened with the copper tub, which i already have and don't need another, and the counters, and all kinds of other stuff. Should i just sit around buying NOTHING until a new goal comes up just in case? Other games get the goal part right. If i have a goal to have ten counters in fashion story it knows if i already have ten and checks it off the list.