PDA

View Full Version : Contest Get Poppin'! - Win 1,000 Gems!

BadCobra
11-21-12, 12:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zclYR.png

Contest and Rules:
Get the highest score that you can on level 24!

Starts: Wednesday, November 21st @ 12pm PST
Ends: Monday, November 26 @ 12pm PST

The TOP 10 players with the highest scores win 1,000 Gems for Bubble Mania (https://www.facebook.com/BubbleManiaGame)!

You can participate in this contest through any version on any device:
Bubble Mania for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.bubble&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50Z WFtbGF2YS5idWJibGUiXQ..)
Bubble Mania for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bubble-mania/id534342529?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2)
Bubble Mania for Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Bubble-Mania/dp/B009O2XY12/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1353527872&sr=8-4&keywords=bubble+mania)

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/vE0Pn.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning "Top Cats" below:

Aom
Arman
Mike
Charlotte
Shannon
+5 Additional Unnamed players

Each of them has won 1,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we found cribs for all the babies you rescued! We hope you all had a poppin' good time! Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for Bubble Mania (https://www.facebook.com/BubbleManiaGame) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

So how much P-P-Poppin' Power did you all have?

571,364 players participated!
3,777,692 total rounds on Level 24 were played!

Sitalips
11-21-12, 03:28 PM
How do you know if you have the highest score?

sweetstuff525
11-21-12, 06:45 PM
Wow I just beat my own score I got 1 million

FrozenTurtle
11-21-12, 10:35 PM
How do you know if you have the highest score?

Until we announce the winners, this will be shrouded in mystery. Just do your best and you will see where you end up! :)

fozea2
11-24-12, 06:50 PM
If you're really lucky with the colors, have good aim and chose your shots carefully, it's possible to go over 2 million points. I haven't reached it but I got fairly close, so I assume others have as well.

misty0073
11-26-12, 01:33 PM
Just wondering when we get to know what the highest scores were for the contest? Be nice to know how far off we were, ha ha

ultraneger
11-27-12, 06:57 AM
As far as i can see i have the highest score atm with 1343405 points...
Just cusious as when we get the gems :-)

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 07:02 AM
As far as i can see i have the highest score atm with 1343405 points...
Just cusious as when we get the gems :-)

remember thats the highest score in your country...where you live?

ultraneger
11-27-12, 07:29 AM
lol. Thought it was overall. Denmark here.

misty0073
11-27-12, 07:56 AM
How do you know that's the highest for where you live? Mines just a little higher than that one posted :) but I am assuming there are lots more that are higher.

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 08:09 AM
How do you know that's the highest for where you live? Mines just a little higher than that one posted :) but I am assuming there are lots more that are higher.

beacuase some of us had the same question .. so decided to see if it was country and yes those in the same country saw the same high scores.. but those in other countries saw other scores

tasjatjuh157
11-27-12, 09:38 AM
where can you see these high scores? Or is it the one in your own game with poky, arla etc?

mammami08
11-27-12, 10:04 AM
Oh so i have the highest in Sweden then? I'm first at the highscoor list in my game... Won't get me any gems though caus it's far from 1.3 milj....

fozea2
11-27-12, 10:34 AM
I thought the other scores were supposed to be from your Facebook friends if you were connected, and if not they would just be standard default scores.

At any rate, I got a score of 2,082,970 in the end... I'm curious to see who won and how much they scored, because I know I never managed a perfect game so some of the scores might be pretty high.

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 10:42 AM
i thought the other scores were supposed to be from your facebook friends if you were connected, and if not they would just be standard default scores.

At any rate, i got a score of 2,082,970 in the end... I'm curious to see who won and how much they scored, because i know i never managed a perfect game so some of the scores might be pretty high.

you got higher than me lol

misty0073
11-27-12, 11:01 AM
I thought the other scores were supposed to be from your Facebook friends if you were connected, and if not they would just be standard default scores.

At any rate, I got a score of 2,082,970 in the end... I'm curious to see who won and how much they scored, because I know I never managed a perfect game so some of the scores might be pretty high.

That's what I thought about the scores as well, default until your friends play...because they all end in zeros.

I knew there were scores in the 2millions :). My score was just a fluke I knew it wasn't close lol

qz998877
11-27-12, 11:16 AM

I got 2,4M points as the highest, but it wasn't the perfect game, i think the winner will have more. I wonder when the highscores will come up?

sabahatmalik
11-27-12, 01:19 PM
My score is 1100455.
When you guys are announcing the result?

sabahatmalik
11-27-12, 01:25 PM
My profile name is Malik. I scored 1,100,455 in Canada. It is showing my score is the highest.

sabahatmalik
11-27-12, 01:26 PM
Please reply and announce the result.

misty0073
11-27-12, 01:37 PM
My profile name is Malik. I scored 1,100,455 in Canada. It is showing my score is the highest.

I think you may be looking at default scores, because you can't see anyone else's score. I think also the winners are in the 2+ millions with scores.

honeytongue
11-27-12, 07:22 PM
I got 2,283,000 and haven't seen and gems so I'm assuming people got higher than that

cast1532
11-27-12, 10:26 PM
I got 2,283,000 and haven't seen and gems so I'm assuming people got higher than that

Or TL is still tallying the numbers up.

mullane1
11-27-12, 11:10 PM

How did you score so high? I tried so many ways, but the highest I ever got was 860k.

Chucky
11-28-12, 09:05 AM
Apparently they have logistic problems with the 1000 gems prizes. Armored vans, special permits and the like...

honeytongue
11-28-12, 09:31 AM
How did you score so high? I tried so many ways, but the highest I ever got was 860k.

Luck>good aim>extra bubbles and rainbow bubbles to start with. It was the second time I had scored above 2 mill. However other than those 2 times, I didnt come close again. (I think the tops score I had besides those two was 1.4mill) So mostly luck..

fozea2
11-28-12, 03:43 PM

The trick is to scoring really high scores is chaining. If you pop bubbles every time you take a shot, you get bonus points. You can score 50,000+ bonus points per hit by the end of this level if you keep up a chain.

You need to score a hit for the most possible turns in a row, so make sure you hit the smallest amount of bubbles possible per shot (3 or 4 at best). If you take a shot and make half the bubbles on screen disappear, you'll lose plenty of good opportunities to increase your bonus. You want to keep your hits small and constant. Also, keep an eye on the next colour coming up, and make sure you have an opening for it.

There are four possible layouts for the colour "patterns" in this level. Which colour is where may vary but the patterns will be the same. As long as you haven't taken a shot, you can reset the layout without losing energy or the money you spent on power ups. I've attached screen shots of the layouts with annotations on why they're good or not.

Using this technique I can easily score around 1.5 million points, and over 2 millions if I'm lucky with colours (and score goes up exponentially at that point because it's mostly bonus points. There's probably a difference of only 4-5 good shots between 2 millions and 2.5 millions.)

mullane1
11-28-12, 06:16 PM
Thanks so much!! I'll try that!

bootzer
11-28-12, 08:02 PM
I have the highest for USA when will they announce the winners and will they let us know by email?

misty0073
11-28-12, 08:31 PM
I have the highest for USA when will they announce the winners and will they let us know by email?

How do you know this?

Tempete8
11-29-12, 06:19 PM
GOODLUCK everyone

FrozenTurtle
11-29-12, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vE0Pn.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning "Top Cats" below:

Aom
Arman
Mike
Charlotte
Shannon
+5 Additional Unnamed players

Each of them has won 1,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we found cribs for all the babies you rescued! We hope you all had a poppin' good time! Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for Bubble Mania (https://www.facebook.com/BubbleManiaGame) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

So how much P-P-Poppin' Power did you all have?

571,364 players participated!
3,777,692 total rounds on Level 24 were played!

storm8ru
11-30-12, 04:18 AM
I am sure I am one of the Unnamed player.
because I see "you" on the 1st place.
But how's come I did not recieve the "gems"?????????????

sweetstuff525
11-30-12, 05:44 AM
wow congrats to the winners.... tl can we know the scores?

misty0073
11-30-12, 06:40 AM
wow congrats to the winners.... tl can we know the scores? I thought they would have posted the scores???? I know I wasn't even close but there should be scores posted so people who were close have something to compare to....rather than just random names???

sabahatmalik
11-30-12, 07:36 PM
We want to know the 10 highest scores.

misty0073
12-01-12, 09:44 AM
We want to know the 10 highest scores.

I agree

FrozenTurtle
12-01-12, 12:35 PM
I am sure I am one of the Unnamed player.
because I see "you" on the 1st place.
But how's come I did not recieve the "gems"?????????????

"Unnamed Players" are those who did not have a name tied to the account. To clarify the details of this contest, the 10 players with the highest scores on Level 24 win 1,000 Gems. The winners of the contest have already been awarded the prize.

Although you may have been in first place in your game, you are actually seeing your ranking on the local leaderboard. The local leaderboard does not display the global top scores for all players. Sorry for any confusion!

sweetstuff525
12-01-12, 01:56 PM
"Unnamed Players" are those who did not have a name tied to the account. To clarify the details of this contest, the 10 players with the highest scores on Level 24 win 1,000 Gems. The winners of the contest have already been awarded the prize.

Although you may have been in first place in your game, you are actually seeing your ranking on the local leaderboard. The local leaderboard does not display the global top scores for all players. Sorry for any confusion!

To avoid more confusion it would be good to post the top 10 scores....which would cause a chaos like in other games since you can't add people In this game

Like what was the scores

sabahatmalik
12-02-12, 06:59 AM
To avoid more confusion it would be good to post the top 10 scores....which would cause a chaos like in other games since you can't add people In this game

Like what was the scores
Yes. You are right.

fizzysoup
12-04-12, 05:06 AM
I hope better information comes with the next competition.
It was never made clear what the 10 highest scores really meant.
I played until I won the cup on my game so I assumed I was No1.
Someone said that it was the best 10 scores in each country.
So what was it really? Was it the top 10 scores in the world.

Why award gems to 'unnamed' players?

Why the big secret about the score the top 10 actually achieved?

I think all the players who took part would like to know the answer.

yarnhamball
12-04-12, 07:18 AM
I hope better information comes with the next competition.
It was never made clear what the 10 highest scores really meant.
I played until I won the cup on my game so I assumed I was No1.
Someone said that it was the best 10 scores in each country.
So what was it really? Was it the top 10 scores in the world.

Why award gems to 'unnamed' players?

Why the big secret about the score the top 10 actually achieved?

I think all the players who took part would like to know the answer.

My dear, the 10 highest scores refers to the 10 highest scores among every other player in bubble mania playing level 24. never was it about being top in a country. the scores you see on your mini playing gadget are really default scores, similar to that of an arcade game where there are random computer names leading the leader board(meaning these scores are merely computerised and the programmed the same for all players, these arent real player scores, they act more like a gauge.). in other words, you're top only on your mini gadget, not among the other players.

as for unnamed players, i believe they never had storm ids, and they never did connect their game to facebook.

fizzysoup
12-05-12, 05:06 AM
Thanks for that yarnhamball.

Any clues on what the winning scores so that we can see what it was we needed to achieve to be a winner! I would love to have won a 1,000 gems!

BadCobra
12-05-12, 07:39 PM
Thank you for your message. Please allow me to clarify the details for the Thanksgiving Contest in Bubble Mania. The 10 players with the highest scores on Level 24 win 1,000 Gems. The winners of the contest were recently announced and awarded the prize.

Although you may have been in first place in your game, you are actually seeing your ranking on the default. This does not display the global top scores for all players.

To see the complete list of winners for Bubble Mania and our other Storm8 games, please visit our blog (http://bit.ly/TGwinners).

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Have a good day!

fizzysoup
12-08-12, 04:04 AM
So we can only assume that the actual highest scores are subject to the "Official Secrets Act", as no one is prepared to disclose them!!!!