PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event Waffle Whip-up! - Win 1,000 Gems!

FrozenTurtle
11-21-12, 12:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XQnfg.png

Time to whip-up some waffle batter!!

Have some spare time over the Holiday weekend? Join us in a sweepstake for Restaurant Story (www.facebook.com/restaurantstory) to show off your culinary excellence!

Sweepstake and Rules:
Starts: Wednesday, November 21st at 12pm PST
Ends: Monday, November 26th at 12pm PST

- Serve as many Waffles as you can!
- This item is available in the Basic Stove or any variation of it.
- Serving Waffles means moving it from your Stove to the Counters. Your customers do not need to consume it.
- The more you serve, the more chances you have to win!

10 Players will win 1,000 Gems for Restaurant Story!

You can participate in this sweepstake through any version on any device:
Restaurant Story for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id394807905)
Restaurant Story: Halloween for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id465512512)
Restaurant Story for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.restaurantstory)
Restaurant Story: Thanksgiving for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.restaurantstory17)
Restaurant Story for Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Restaurant-Story/dp/B006OCM0G0)
Restaurant Story: Halloween for Amazon (www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Restaurant-Story-Halloween/dp/B009OYODAG)
Restaurant Story: Thanksgiving for Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Restaurant-Story-Thanksgiving/dp/B00A70ZHQ0)

**Click here (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) for information on Timezone Conversion**

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/77ltq.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Restaurants below:

maki
taebugg10
beebyface
TweetyHomeCookn
DaYang
Jen's Cafe
JCNY
YEYOxPRx
Unnamed Restaurant
agwalt

Each of them has won 1,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we poured syrup over all of these Waffles! We hope you all had fun and maybe got to master the Waffles if you hadn't already. Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

Curious how much syrup we had to go through for all these waffles?

368,650 players participated!
12,119,994 Waffles were whipped-up!
3,635,998,200 plates of Waffles were served!
1,683 Waffles were being started every MINUTE!

keviPad
11-21-12, 12:54 PM
The more you cook the more 'chances' to win. The person who cooks the most isnt going to necessarily win.

I have 30 appliance slots unlocked (18+12). Ill cook waffles until the coffee maker is released.

I havent cooked anything in weeks. Appliances have just been sitting around. 2 million plates of 4 coin food. Ill probably throw out all the waffles i make as i do all food worth 2 coin.

saucysammis
11-21-12, 12:54 PM
Thank-You TeamLava! I am cooking! Good luck to all!

bigbux3
11-21-12, 01:28 PM
What happens if more than 10 players serve the same amount of waffles?

I hope I win!!!!

meme1098
11-21-12, 01:36 PM

I hope I win!!!!
I think FT said "the more you serve, the more chances you have to win." I don't think the one who bakes the most will automatically win. Anyway, that would be quite unfair to players starting out or on lower levels. Hopefully, TL spreads the winners out over all levels to be fair. (Fingers crossed)

sweetbeginings003
11-21-12, 01:36 PM
This is going to be madness LOL all games have a contest going on and now imagine all the ppl that play more than just one game LOL :p this is going to be an interesting Thanksgining Holiday. Luckily here in Canada we had ours in October so we won't be needing to sneak out of our family dinner to serve out waffles :p

LalaSmooth
11-21-12, 01:44 PM
The same people will win the gems like in bakery story, i hope not

LadyShaggy
11-21-12, 01:54 PM
I'm just glad restaurant story was included I been playing rs and bs for a while both level 99 n bs simple like it always get more attention so i will be baking waffles.

LalaSmooth
11-21-12, 01:55 PM
Im doing this contest wooooo

Baraze
11-21-12, 02:08 PM
The more you cook the more 'chances' to win. The person who cooks the most isnt going to necessarily win.

I have 30 appliance slots unlocked (18+12). Ill cook waffles until the coffee maker is released.

I havent cooked anything in weeks. Appliances have just been sitting around. 2 million plates of 4 coin food. Ill probably throw out all the waffles i make as i do all food worth 2 coin.

Whhaaaaa? You throw it away, why? Do you have a lot of counters? Unlike in bakery where I tossed hundreds of thousands of servings, I keep my food in restaurant. I threw away about twenty counters a few months back and regret it big time now.

Good luck everyone, but I must say.....lose suckas!

queentina3
11-21-12, 02:21 PM
Whhaaaaa? You throw it away, why? Do you have a lot of counters?

I'll be tossing mine as soon as they go onto a counter as well. I won't sell any food under $4 in RS and I have plenty of appliance slots to serve food to keep my customers happy with higher $ items. I've also been trying to dwindle my counters down, so REALLY don't want to have thousands of $2 Waffles laying around for months. :)

LCAHEARTS
11-21-12, 02:24 PM
It all sounds the same to me. This is basically a raffle right? More chances to win? Same difference. If you have a billion appliances, your chances are higher, and you'll most likely win. Not wasting my time. Thanksgiving and Black Friday own me this time of year.

fangme
11-21-12, 03:43 PM
I don't think, I would participate this time. It's really waste the time. Cause can't against the super restaurants that have 100+ appliances.

monkeynuts21
11-21-12, 03:50 PM
I believe it is a raffle not the amount you serve

fangme
11-21-12, 03:51 PM
I think FT said "the more you serve, the more chances you have to win." I don't think the one who bakes the most will automatically win. Anyway, that would be quite unfair to players starting out or on lower levels. Hopefully, TL spreads the winners out over all levels to be fair. (Fingers crossed)

You understand wrong. It is same as BS.
The contest will count how many Waffles are served, as in moved from the oven to your counters.

jannywanny86
11-21-12, 03:53 PM
When does that start uk time?

monkeynuts21
11-21-12, 04:04 PM
It has started. 8pm UK time. The more you serve the more chance you have of winning. It is not the restaurants who serve the most who will win but the more you serve the mire of a chance you will have of winning in the sweepstakes/ raffle

bea1twin1
11-21-12, 04:25 PM
Im so very upset I didn't get the pop up my sister had to call me to let me know. I almost ran into a car..I been in my restaurant all morning didn't get a notice I lost so many hours.

kooky panda
11-21-12, 05:37 PM
You understand wrong. It is same as BS.
The contest will count how many Waffles are served, as in moved from the oven to your counters.

I believe it is a raffle not the amount you serve
Both are correct.
To clarify, this is a Raffle. Each one you serve counts as an entry in the raffle from which the winners are randomly drawn.

fangme
11-21-12, 06:06 PM
Thanks KP.
I think, I will be participating...lot of contests to join. Thanks to TL.

23fany
11-21-12, 06:06 PM
I agree with ur opinion, hope evry level have different contest baking:-)

cheuk18me94
11-21-12, 10:37 PM
Will I.have less chance to win if all served waffles are eaten by customers?

xfphua
11-21-12, 10:47 PM
Oh man, i was happy want to join the contest too, but after reading message just like Kevipad, i know that i am out match to them who have 30 or more ovens, i have only 17, for example, a day 24 - 8 hours sleep, they can make 8 times x 30 = 240 times, but i can only have 8 times 17 = 136, man it is 104 times differences, and x 4 days = 416 times. Make it simple, if i don't sleep 8 hours i can have extra x4 times, and i still can't catch because 17 x 4 only 68 times. Conclusion, Sleep and play normal....so lucky to read his post. Good luck

LCAHEARTS
11-21-12, 10:51 PM

No. It is based on what you SERVE. So once you tap to serve and it goes to a counter...your raffle entry is in. It does not matter that the food gets consumed. What matters is that it goes from stove to counter after cooking.

jessenv1313
11-22-12, 03:00 AM
Please verify... some of my nbrs are sending & requesting waffles... but I would guess just like Bakery, it's only SELF-COOKED that you serve that counts right? Not gifted food right? Thanks!

marrrina
11-22-12, 05:33 AM
Please verify... some of my nbrs are sending & requesting waffles... but I would guess just like Bakery, it's only SELF-COOKED that you serve that counts right? Not gifted food right? Thanks!
There's no way sending/requesting will contribute to what you serve. It's the same as with older goals requesting you to make foods that are also giftable. You yourself must cook it and serve it.

marrrina
11-22-12, 05:35 AM
Of the 20 neighbors who gifted me (they're the first people I visit each day) only ONE person is making waffles. I wonder if it's because people feel deterred by the super bakeries and restaurants out there that they feel they don't stand a chance, or because the wording on the announcement doesn't make it clear that this is raffle style. After all a lot of people needed verification on that aspect of the contest via the forum.

queentina3
11-22-12, 07:02 AM
marrrina, when I went to my neighbors last night to leave a message on their wall to NOT gift me until after the update today (this way we could gift just the new part needed for coffee maker), I noticed only a few cooking waffles. When I chatted with some of them via the walls they said they didn't want to make a $2 plate, especially one they mastered a very long time ago. I told them they could just toss them after they put them on the counter, but they still didn't want to do it. I think I was able to talk a few into it.

Most of my neighbors are level 99 and have mastered all the dishes, so now only cook to maintain stock or when new recipes are released. I can't say I blame them, as I've mastered everything as well and will only cook when my stock starts to run low or new recipes are released. But I am cooking for this raffle and just tossing the Waffles as soon as they hit the counter. :)

I also think that with it being a holiday weekend here in the USA, many of my neighbors really don't want to be bothered with a 2 hour recipe. In some ways TL messed up by having these contents on a holiday weekend when many people travel to visit with family, plus the major shopping sales going on for the rush to Christmas, it just isn't worth it to them.

marrrina
11-22-12, 07:20 AM
marrrina, when I went to my neighbors last night to leave a message on their wall to NOT gift me until after the update today (this way we could gift just the new part needed for coffee maker), I noticed only a few cooking waffles. When I chatted with some of them via the walls they said they didn't want to make a $2 plate, especially one they mastered a very long time ago. I told them they could just toss them after they put them on the counter, but they still didn't want to do it. I think I was able to talk a few into it.

Most of my neighbors are level 99 and have mastered all the dishes, so now only cook to maintain stock or when new recipes are released. I can't say I blame them, as I've mastered everything as well and will only cook when my stock starts to run low or new recipes are released. But I am cooking for this raffle and just tossing the Waffles as soon as they hit the counter. :)

I also think that with it being a holiday weekend here in the USA, many of my neighbors really don't want to be bothered with a 2 hour recipe. In some ways TL messed up by having these contents on a holiday weekend when many people travel to visit with family, plus the major shopping sales going on for the rush to Christmas, it just isn't worth it to them.

True about the holidays, but since it's only a holiday for one country and there are players from all over the world I guess it didn't matter to TL. And since many people anxiously requested contest in other games shortly after the Bakery one I guess they felt the need to release them quickly so people wouldn't get impatient as they sometimes can.

Most of my neighbors are all high level as well and the one I spotted doing it is in the low 90s I think.

Lucky for me we're taking the lazy way out this Thanksgiving and going to a restaurant, and I'm the biggest procrastinator when it comes to holiday shopping (Black Friday is a nightmare I will never be a part of) so I guess I have more time to work on this than others.

cheuk18me94
11-22-12, 09:29 AM
Can the no of entry you can get is calcuated by no of waffles you served/ no of alliance you have and round up to integer, then it can elininate the unfairness of no of appliance.

keviPad
11-22-12, 10:59 AM
Oh man, i was happy want to join the contest too, but after reading message just like Kevipad, i know that i am out match to them who have 30 or more ovens, i have only 17, for example, a day 24 - 8 hours sleep, they can make 8 times x 30 = 240 times, but i can only have 8 times 17 = 136, man it is 104 times differences, and x 4 days = 416 times. Make it simple, if i don't sleep 8 hours i can have extra x4 times, and i still can't catch because 17 x 4 only 68 times. Conclusion, Sleep and play normal....so lucky to read his post. Good luck

I wouldnt worry. Play as you like. There are players with much more appliance slots than I have. Its like the lottery. Some ppl buy 10-100 dollars. I only buy 1 dollar.

Cook a few waffles and then go enjoy the holiday. My house is starting to smell yummy =).

mattyboo1
11-22-12, 03:08 PM
Both are correct.
To clarify, this is a Raffle. Each one you serve counts as an entry in the raffle from which the winners are randomly drawn.
thank you for clarifying
i was confused as well

mattyboo1
11-22-12, 03:09 PM
i live in canada though so i have less of a chance to win because i do not have these 2 extra day off but i do have 32 appliances

Miranda604
11-22-12, 05:13 PM
Hey Do you think that if you're on level 50 you have a chance of winning? I'm on that level... I have 30 counters and each counter has 1000 waffles... (Do You think that's a chance of winning or no?) PLEAS REPLY ASAP

queentina3
11-22-12, 05:35 PM
Hey Do you think that if you're on level 50 you have a chance of winning? I'm on that level... I have 30 counters and each counter has 1000 waffles... (Do You think that's a chance of winning or no?) PLEAS REPLY ASAP

Everyone has a slim chance of winning, since it's a raffle. Even if you only bake 1 Waffle you have a chance, but obviously those that bake thousands will have their name entered more times.

cheuk18me94
11-23-12, 01:05 AM
Does someone really cook 1000 servings?
If you have 18 appluances and cook 16 hours for five days.Theywill have 720 servings. If they have 25 appliances, you will.get 1000 servings. How many of the players will.have more than 25 appliances?

DaojinWildfire
11-23-12, 03:32 AM

I hope I win!!!!
Nothing happens? Haha. You don't win this sweepstake by serving the most. You'll just earn more entries will increases your chances of winning.

This is going to be madness LOL all games have a contest going on and now imagine all the ppl that play more than just one game LOL :p this is going to be an interesting Thanksgining Holiday. Luckily here in Canada we had ours in October so we won't be needing to sneak out of our family dinner to serve out waffles :p
Sneaking away from real food to cook digital food... LOL!

It all sounds the same to me. This is basically a raffle right? More chances to win? Same difference. If you have a billion appliances, your chances are higher, and you'll most likely win. Not wasting my time. Thanksgiving and Black Friday own me this time of year.
Yup, it's basically a raffle. The more entries you have, the better chance you have to win. Be sure to serve at least one Waffle! One entry is better than none!

Nope! You'll just have happy customers! As soon as your serve the Waffles, you receive 1 entry for the sweepstake.

Gifted Waffles do not count. You have to cook and serve them in order to earn an entry.

The situation is different for everyone. Some prefer a short recipe because they can play for a long time and earn lots of entries, but there are others that can't play as often and prefer a longer recipe.

Be sure to check out the other sweepstakes! I'm sure there's one that will fit your schedule.

ellygator
11-23-12, 03:58 AM
Just curious, if I was gifted waffles, and I serve those... will it count? =D I have been asking neighbors to send me waffles and I have been gifting them as well.

ellygator
11-23-12, 04:01 AM
Nevermind, I don't know how to delete my posts.. LOL
You've answered my question in the post above mine, thanks =D I'll stop bothering my poor neighbors for waffles and chocolate cakes.

cheuk18me94
11-23-12, 04:11 AM
Can the game be more fair by divided the no of entry to your maximum no of slots you have during this time then round up? It will be fair.
For example you have 10 appliances maximum and cook 400 dishes, you will have40 entries. However if you have 30 appliances and cook 999 dishes, you will only get 999/30 =33.3 round up to 34.

ellygator
11-23-12, 04:46 AM
Can the game be more fair by divided the no of entry to your maximum no of slots you have during this time then round up? It will be fair.
For example you have 10 appliances maximum and cook 400 dishes, you will have40 entries. However if you have 30 appliances and cook 999 dishes, you will only get 999/30 =33.3 round up to 34.

If only it were like that!
But I doubt it will be, since it's a raffle and still has the "random" aspect. This is going to sound lame, but I've been cutting sleep, setting alarms and waking up every hour to catch up to those who have more appliances than me... haha. x_x; It's not working out very well... and I think I'm starting to become immune to my alarm clock :'(

jillybean2345
11-23-12, 06:35 AM
Why are people not showing up in my restaurant the door is closed and I can't get it open?

mattyboo1
11-23-12, 06:44 AM
I am trying so hard I hope I win and good luck to everybody else as well

cheuk18me94
11-23-12, 07:02 AM
Hello,can I know how many entries are sold? Better to estimate the probably of winning.

arale_norimaki
11-23-12, 08:01 AM
Why are people not showing up in my restaurant the door is closed and I can't get it open?

Maybe you have the welcome mat right in front of it. If you do, put it elsewhere. It blocks the way, like sny other floor decoration

FrozenTurtle
11-23-12, 10:29 AM
Hello,can I know how many entries are sold? Better to estimate the probably of winning.

It all depends on how many total are served. We don't know how many all of you will serve by the end of contest. Good luck! :)

Tempete8
11-23-12, 03:26 PM
I wounder if ppl forget about the waffles and let them rot

sweetstuff525
11-23-12, 03:29 PM
I wounder if ppl forget about the waffles and let them rot

They don't unless they put snooze on the alarm. That they have set up to remind them and wake them up

marrrina
11-23-12, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking about quitting this. It just hit me that the time frame is way too long. I wish it ended today! If I have to look at another waffle (or chocolate cake, or wheat, or golden star catalog) I might go insane. Three more days of the same thing while progress in my games is at a standstill is way too much.

queentina3
11-23-12, 04:55 PM
I'm thinking about quitting this. It just hit me that the time frame is way too long. I wish it ended today! If I have to look at another waffle (or chocolate cake, or wheat, or golden star catalog) I might go insane. Three more days of the same thing while progress in my games is at a standstill is way too much.

I hear you loud and clear. I'm so sick of waffles and gold star catalog right now, not to mention carrots in farm. I'm doing double duty too since I have Farm/Fashion/RS on both my iPad and my Droid, at least with Castle it is only 1 device. But I'm going to try to stick it out and HOPE I win in at least 1 of these games. LOL

sourlicorice5
11-23-12, 11:35 PM
I'm sick of waffles, chocolate cake and carrots to but if I'm lucky enough to win then it'll be worth it lol. Though I'm not waking up to serve etc. when I'm sleeping or at work I bake, cook, plant other things. And it's Saturday and am going out so not baking cake till I get back as it'll only spoil and not staying in just to bake cake lol. That's what I like about this contest this time around. It is more fair and I don't feel the need to bake, cook etc non stop for any hope of winning. Keeping my fingers crossed my name gets drawn in at least one of the contests.

I

cheuk18me94
11-24-12, 02:24 AM
Hello, I would like to know until now( a specific time), how many waffles are served. There should be some records about it.

Tempete8
11-24-12, 02:57 AM
Hello, I would like to know until now( a specific time), how many waffles are served. There should be some records about it.

They won't know until the whole contest is over.

Baraze
11-24-12, 03:01 AM
I'm not cooking constantly on bakery and restaurant. I keep forgetting the chocolate cake (even when im awake) and burning it! I must have ruined forty batches! It's funny, but ill kick it up a notch over the weekend perhaps. The waffles are making me hungry constantly and it's not doing me any favors with my cravings.

I love that I see new bakeries going all out with chocolate cake too. It's cool.

cheuk18me94
11-24-12, 03:11 AM
But can someone make a guess on how many waffles will be served in the end?

Baraze
11-24-12, 06:01 AM
If it was billions for the peach cobblers, I imagine it would be around the same amount, maybe even more. Since more people are competing, due to having more faith that they have a chance at winning.

I want it to be over, I'm exhausted!

queentina3
11-24-12, 10:00 AM
I don't know if I should feel happy or sad right now. Out of 66 neighbors only 5 are baking waffles, 5! I was hoping even if I didn't win one of my neighbors would, but with only 5 still baking the chances of that happening are slimmer and slimmer as the weekend goes by.

Baraze
11-24-12, 10:12 AM
I'm happy! I guess the cobbler, thanksgiving, multi day comp and two hour cooking sucked tha air out of them.

I know I didn't make anything yesterday, but I'm catching up now. Don't even see many mega restaurants making them. In bakery, my gosh, it's a free for all.

MoreOtter
11-24-12, 11:59 AM
I live in Las Vegas where I have friends who drive to California & Arizona for the huge lotteries... if they can do that, I can make some yummy waffles even when I don't have the most ovens. :) I LOVE the raffle aspect, much more fair and fun- thanks!

RainbowSue
11-24-12, 03:35 PM
Oh no did I have to sign up? Ive been cooking up a storm already!

Tempete8
11-24-12, 04:37 PM
I'm not cooking constantly on bakery and restaurant. I keep forgetting the chocolate cake (even when im awake) and burning it! I must have ruined forty batches! It's funny, but ill kick it up a notch over the weekend perhaps. The waffles are making me hungry constantly and it's not doing me any favors with my cravings.

I love that I see new bakeries going all out with chocolate cake too. It's cool.
Lol. Your competing in all the sweepstakes?

Tempete8
11-24-12, 04:39 PM
Oh no did I have to sign up? Ive been cooking up a storm already!

No just cook and hope for the best that's all :)

FrozenTurtle
11-24-12, 05:12 PM
Just under two days left! How are everyone's restaurants doing? Is your arm getting tired from mixing all of that Waffle batter? :P

queentina3
11-24-12, 05:18 PM
Just under two days left! How are everyone's restaurants doing? Is your arm getting tired from mixing all of that Waffle batter? :P

Yes, and I'm really trying to hold in there and keep cooking but it is getting annoying. Can the next contest NOT run for 5 days? PLEASE! :p

The thought of having to continue for the next 1 1/2 days is like torture, but I REFUSE to give up. LOL

bigbux3
11-24-12, 07:08 PM
I just hope I win. I'm going crazy just to serve as much waffles as I can.

gaclack
11-24-12, 07:34 PM
Good luck to everyone! Hope the waffle-crazy earned it after all...

I'm really not making waffles seriously (I forget about them and they mold), I'm sort of a pessimist.
I still made some waffles though. Have to at least enter it.

cheuk18me94
11-25-12, 05:26 AM
Just find that, fewer players with lower level(below lv50) do not really participate in the contest or just cooked two to three waffles at the same time But with higher level, they participatedidin the contest more sincere....

marrrina
11-25-12, 05:41 AM
I took a much needed break for a day. Now I'm back to waffle and cake making! Can't wait until it's over.

Just find that, fewer players with lower level(below lv50) do not really participate in the contest or just cooked two to three waffles at the same time But with higher level, they participatedidin the contest more sincere....

Most of my neighbors are well over level 50 and the ones I've checked out, for the most part, actually are not participating at all.

cheuk18me94
11-25-12, 08:52 AM
When will the result announce?

queentina3
11-25-12, 09:04 AM
When will the result announce?

A day or two AFTER the contest is finished. There is still over a day left in the contest. :rolleyes:

mattyboo1
11-25-12, 10:41 AM
I'm trying to cook unlimited waffles

Tempete8
11-25-12, 01:52 PM

Yeah my arms fell off. Lol I really had to mix in real life. I made 4 pies for Thanksgiving

keviPad
11-26-12, 12:52 PM
Looks like im done. I served my last waffles a half hour ago. I finally threw them all in the trash. I dont keep $2 food. I was saving them just to keep track of how much i had cooked.

Waffles Served: 1050 (504,000 plates).

How much has everyone else served?

Rye10
11-26-12, 12:59 PM
WOW! I served about 180,00 plates.

Rye10
11-26-12, 01:00 PM

RoseMeyer
11-26-12, 01:28 PM
ive got about 60,000 plates, I dunno how many entries that is, maybe 200 or so?

RoseMeyer
11-26-12, 01:32 PM
125 entries....
not so much.

vednir
11-26-12, 01:33 PM
I have 621,129 waffles left plus whatever has been eaten to this point.

queentina3
11-26-12, 01:38 PM
I honestly have no clue how many I did as I tossed them as soon as they came off the Stoves. I had 28 stoves going for about 18 hours a day and 6 of those were Sonic, so I made a lot, just not the exact amount. :)

carabellexo
11-26-12, 01:44 PM
When do we find out who won?

queentina3
11-26-12, 01:46 PM
When do we find out who won?

When they announce it. It's going to take time as they have to gather the results and then do the raffle and there are MANY games that have this contest going on. It took them over a day to get the results from the BS Peach Cobbler contest and that was just the Top 10 Bakers in ONE game.

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 01:50 PM
That's the question of the day Who WON? Lol

saucysammis
11-26-12, 02:03 PM
I've got an idea: Since someone already made a post asking who won, do we suppose that question could count for all of us? Reading 5 pages of "who won" is sad. I'd rather read war stories of the contest without sifting through the 300,000 "who won" posts.

Baraze
11-26-12, 02:11 PM
I've got an idea: Since someone already made a post asking who won, do we suppose that question could count for all of us? Reading 5 pages of "who won" is sad. I'd rather read war stories of the contest without sifting through the 300,000 "who won" posts.

Tell me about it! Who won? Is this a raffle? How do we know? When do we know who won? I served 30,00 can you write down my number? Does gifts count towards what I serve? When do we know who won? Is it the top ten who wins? Why is the sky blue teamlava? Why do people make turkey for thanksgiving?

I'm always puzzled why the same questions are asked over and over again when the answers are clearly located on the first or second page.

So, when will the winners be answered? Will be names get chosen by computer?

Tempete8
11-26-12, 02:16 PM
Yay its over. No more cookin

LalaSmooth
11-26-12, 02:19 PM
Good luck to you all. :D

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 03:10 PM
I hope I win

chefeva
11-26-12, 03:45 PM
When do we find out who won the waffle cook off, I'm curious to know if i won, do anyone know when we finally find out??

Tempete8
11-26-12, 03:51 PM
Give them a couple days. They have a lot on there hands. :)

cheuk18me94
11-26-12, 04:11 PM
Only 305 servings. Not much.

bigbux3
11-26-12, 04:36 PM
Isn't the contest over? I hope I won!

LolaMae20
11-26-12, 05:27 PM
how long till we find out who won???

vamese
11-26-12, 05:36 PM
Somebody knows when they are gonna give the results????

Tempete8
11-26-12, 05:44 PM
Give the a couple of days or mabey more. I mean I wana know to but I know its gona take them some time.

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 05:48 PM
Give the a couple of days or mabey more. I mean I wana know to but I know its gona take them some time.

Agree meanwhile we can dream what we could do with 1,000 gems

marrrina
So much impatience.

evanboywhite
Results ????

vamese
11-26-12, 05:51 PM
mmm okkk so if we have to be patient with the results.... we can post how many waffles do we cooked and get an idea!

vamese
11-26-12, 05:53 PM
And like sweetstuff525 said: we can dream what we could do with 1,000 gems!!!!!

LCAHEARTS
11-26-12, 05:54 PM
So much impatience.

Lol my thoughts exactly.

queentina3
11-26-12, 05:59 PM
So much impatience.

No kidding. I wouldn't blame TL one bit if they never held another contest like this again since people expect to have the results right away. I can only imagine how many PMs the mods/community managers are getting asking these same questions. :rolleyes:

vamese
11-26-12, 06:02 PM
by the way... do you know whats the max level in the game? i have only saw 99!

mullane1
11-26-12, 06:03 PM

Why? They have a few games having these contests, the entries are computer-generated, the winners are picked randomly by computer (10 each game), so why should we expect to wait?

I'm not one who's emailing them, but they really only needed about 20 minutes total for all of this.

queentina3
11-26-12, 06:08 PM
Why? They have a few games having these contests, the entries are computer-generated, the winners are picked randomly by computer (10 each game), so why should we expect to wait?

I'm not one who's emailing them, but they really only needed about 20 minutes total for all of this.

There are thousands, if not millions, of people that play these games. Each person could have thousands of entries into the contest (potentially) and then once they've gathered HOW many entries each person is allowed, then they can do the raffle. On top of that they have almost every game with these raffles plus I'm sure whatever their NORMAL job at TL is, so yes it can take a few days to get the results.

The Peach Cobbler winners were only the Top 10 bakers and they didn't announce them until 1 1/2 days after the contest ended. These contests had much more to them so it could take as long, if not longer, to get the results.

marrrina
11-26-12, 06:34 PM
There are thousands, if not millions, of people that play these games. Each person could have thousands of entries into the contest (potentially) and then once they've gathered HOW many entries each person is allowed, then they can do the raffle. On top of that they have almost every game with these raffles plus I'm sure whatever their NORMAL job at TL is, so yes it can take a few days to get the results.

The Peach Cobbler winners were only the Top 10 bakers and they didn't announce them until 1 1/2 days after the contest ended. These contests had much more to them so it could take as long, if not longer, to get the results.

Not only that but with the cobbler bake off they calculated stats such as how many people took part, how many cobblers were served, etc. I doubt those stats are computed instantly so that could add to the time. And like queen said, way more participants, way more things to calculate.

froghoppers
11-26-12, 10:12 PM
Where's the list of winners?

Baraze
11-27-12, 12:57 AM
I don't want to be rude, but I can only imagine what some folks are like when they're on the road for more than twenty minutes. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Why aren't we there yet? Dd the city move? Is it lost? Can the car fly?

Be patient, gosh! If someone wrote three pages before you, the exact same question, what's the need to ask it again?

ferretzz
11-27-12, 02:36 AM
I certainly enjoyed this contest and im glad its over.. I was checking every two hours (even at night) to see if I could cook more waffles :). I also appreciate the effort that TL puts into these games and the contests.

Even if I dont win it sure was fun, and I hope they hold more contests..

Thank you TL, my only request is that you bring the story line of games onto the PC
It couldnt be that difficult, its probably already java based - easy to port onto the web for PCs?

Ferretzz aka The London

Tempete8
11-27-12, 03:39 AM
Patients is the Key to Success. TRUST me.

Tempete8
11-27-12, 03:40 AM
I don't want to be rude, but I can only imagine what some folks are like when they're on the road for more than twenty minutes. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Why aren't we there yet? Dd the city move? Is it lost? Can the car fly?

Be patient, gosh! If someone wrote three pages before you, the exact same question, what's the need to ask it again?right lol.

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 05:03 AM
Tempete are we there yet?

queentina3
11-27-12, 05:25 AM

Be patient, gosh! If someone wrote three pages before you, the exact same question, what's the need to ask it again?

LOL!!! It's sad that my 12 and 10 yr olds are more patient. :p

jannywanny86
11-27-12, 05:31 AM
yeah .... guys if u argue they r prob gonna stop doing contests... let em post over and over if they want

Dikii
11-27-12, 07:39 AM
If the contest say the 10 ppl that serves the most wins!!
Why now TL say that it's not 10top wins but they will deside to who to give it!?!?!?!? Did I missunderstud something?
TL please explain that!!! I played and hustle hard to win so that means I did all that for nothing????
Thank u ;-)

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 07:47 AM
If the contest say the 10 ppl that serves the most wins!!
Why now TL say that it's not 10top wins but they will deside to who to give it!?!?!?!? Did I missunderstud something?
TL please explain that!!! I played and hustle hard to win so that means I did all that for nothing????
Thank u ;-)

its a sweepstakes which means raffle.. the more you bake the more raffle tickets you get... out of all the raffle tickets they will randomly pick 10

it was stated in the contests thats it was indeed a raffle

jusey
11-27-12, 07:49 AM
it kinda still depends how many you have then...

arale_norimaki
11-27-12, 08:02 AM
it kinda still depends how many you have then...

Not exactly, as it has been said before, this is like the lotto: u may buy 1,000 tickets and still lose, or buy one and get the jackpot.

Good luck to everyone who tried :)

tb328
11-27-12, 08:25 AM
Yes Jusey, that is correct. Because despite the fact that "you may buy 1000 tickets and still lose or buy one and get the jackpot" - the rule of numbers says that the more entries you have the higher statistical probability you have of winning. Yes someone who cooked less could win – but by cooking more you have increased your odds. If everyone got one ticket and was put into the drawing then what arale_norimaki is saying becomes more true or more probable. Good Luck.

RoseMeyer
11-27-12, 08:29 AM
Odds are still with the superbakeries. At least there ARE odds this time.

last time it was a slam dunk for them.

maybe this time like a free throw or something.

cheuk18me94
11-27-12, 08:30 AM
Yes, hope everyone have a good luck.
For the probablility, let's say 1000000 waffles are served.
For someone have 30 stoves and cook waffles 24 hours for 5 days. A total of 30?12?5=1800
Therefore the probably that will win =1800?10/1000000=1.8% Not very large actually.

RoseMeyer
11-27-12, 08:30 AM
Yes Jusey, that is correct. Because despite the fact that "you may buy 1000 tickets and still lose or buy one and get the jackpot" - the rule of numbers says that the more entries you have the higher statistical probability you have of winning. Yes someone who cooked less could win – but by cooking more you have increased your odds. If everyone got one ticket and was put into the drawing then what arale_norimaki is saying becomes more true or more probable. Good Luck.

Or there's a maximum # of entries -- so you can get some edge without wiping everybody else out.

sourlicorice5
11-27-12, 09:52 AM

Lol I agree with you though I'm finding the tons of "when will we know who the winners are" post amusing lol.

Patience is a virtue ;-)

FrozenTurtle
11-27-12, 01:27 PM
Hey everyone! We're still going through stacks and stacks of Waffles that you all cooked up. We don't know when we will be done, but we will announce the winners as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can check out our current Forum contest to win some extra Gems: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40288-Create-a-Superhero-Turkey!

Tempete8
11-27-12, 02:03 PM
Tempete are we there yet?

Not yet Couple more days. ;)

fashionland23
11-27-12, 08:33 PM
thanx for the update!!!!!!!

Tempete8
11-29-12, 06:32 PM
GOODLUCK everyone

FrozenTurtle
11-29-12, 09:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/77ltq.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Restaurants below:

maki
taebugg10
beebyface
TweetyHomeCookn
DaYang
Jen's Cafe
JCNY
YEYOxPRx
Unnamed Restaurant
agwalt

Each of them has won 1,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we poured syrup over all of these Waffles! We hope you all had fun and maybe got to master the Waffles if you hadn't already. Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

Curious how much syrup we had to go through for all these waffles?

368,650 players participated!
12,119,994 Waffles were whipped-up!
3,635,998,200 plates of Waffles were served!
1,683 Waffles were being started every MINUTE!

sehana
11-29-12, 09:52 PM
Congratulations!!

mattyboo1
11-29-12, 10:10 PM
Congratulations winners

ferretzz
11-29-12, 10:21 PM
Congrats!! Spare a couple of gems for da bus bruddas? :))

bigbux3
11-29-12, 10:21 PM
How will Unamed Restaurant know who that is?

How do you guys pick the winners?

LCAHEARTS
11-29-12, 10:41 PM

Maybe that is the actual name they chose? Lol that'd be silly.

Congrats winners! :)

nmishii
11-29-12, 10:48 PM
Congratulations to the winners!!!

Tempete8
11-29-12, 10:56 PM
Congratulations

jrodt333
11-29-12, 11:07 PM
Lol the unamed restaurant might just be a beginner. It would be awesome to be a level 5-10 then just have 1000 gems given to you, wouldn't it? :)

arale_norimaki
11-29-12, 11:58 PM
Congrats!!

queentina3
11-30-12, 05:56 AM

How do you guys pick the winners?

TL goes by storm 8 ID when giving the gems but posts the names of the places on facebook/twitter/forums so that those winners aren't flooded with neighbor requests. The winners probably already received the gems in their games, so they know they were winners.

Oh, and CONGRATS to those who won!

cheuk18me94
11-30-12, 06:00 AM
Congrats to winners
But how many of waffles are served by winners? Do they all have more than 30 appliances?

1aton1
11-30-12, 06:25 AM
Haber he estado mirando los ganadores.hay uno de nivel 25 con 7 hornos me quieren decir q ha servido mas q yo q estoy en nivel 68 con 17 hornos y a otros q tendran nivel 80 con 20 hornos no me salen las cuentas tendria q gastarse mas de 100 gemas para ganarme podria alguien explicarmelo gracias

RoseMeyer
11-30-12, 06:41 AM
average waffles per player = THIRTY

interesting

sweetstuff525
11-30-12, 08:55 AM
Haber he estado mirando los ganadores.hay uno de nivel 25 con 7 hornos me quieren decir q ha servido mas q yo q estoy en nivel 68 con 17 hornos y a otros q tendran nivel 80 con 20 hornos no me salen las cuentas tendria q gastarse mas de 100 gemas para ganarme podria alguien explicarmelo gracias

No era quien cocinaba mas .... Esto era una rifa

fondos2011
11-30-12, 09:12 AM

Como dice sweetstuff no se ganaba quien mas hubiera cocinado. Por cada waffle que cocinabas, tu nombre entraba una vez en el sorteo, asi todo el mundo tiene una posibilidad de ganar :)

mattyboo1
11-30-12, 09:34 AM
I cooked like 1000 waffles and did not win

sourlicorice5
11-30-12, 10:01 AM
Congrats to the winners :-)

bigbux3
11-30-12, 04:29 PM
HOW DO THEY PICK THE WINNERS?!

Can anyone answer?

marrrina
11-30-12, 06:12 PM
average waffles per player = THIRTY

interesting

Yeah, that's insanely low. I cooked hundreds of thousands.

LCAHEARTS
12-01-12, 10:58 AM
HOW DO THEY PICK THE WINNERS?!

Can anyone answer?

It's a raffle. But I think you obviously mean how did they pull from the raffle. This appears to be a mystery. There are codes you can program to randomly select a "value" out of a section of "values". But is that how TL did it? I don't think so. Did they draw names literally out of a hat? I don't think so to that either. It'd be great if they told us.

bigbux3
12-01-12, 12:28 PM
It's a raffle. But I think you obviously mean how did they pull from the raffle. This appears to be a mystery. There are codes you can program to randomly select a "value" out of a section of "values". But is that how TL did it? I don't think so. Did they draw names literally out of a hat? I don't think so to that either. It'd be great if they told us.
Thank you LCAHEARTS. But TeamLava won't tell us, they never do.

Zellyflower
12-01-12, 09:14 PM
I'm sure the level 99s are the winners, at the moment, I'm only on level 34 so I didn't bother cooking coz I don't stand a chance!

cheuk18me94
12-02-12, 02:15 AM
Next time, please increase to 100 players with 1000gems, or 1000 players with 100 gems, having more chance to win.

chewytwix
12-02-12, 07:09 AM
Yeah, that's insanely low. I cooked hundreds of thousands.

me too...~525,000 plates

I won't be trying as hard in the next contest.

Baraze
12-03-12, 03:07 PM
Next time, please increase to 100 players with 1000gems, or 1000 players with 100 gems, having more chance to win.

Best idea I've heard since these contests started!

Tempete8
12-03-12, 06:21 PM
Best idea I've heard since these contests started!

I second that. :)

margaritata
12-06-12, 06:45 AM
Meh. 300 plus thousand players participated and only 10 players win. TL have mercy. Next time I hope you increase the odds it doesnt matter if we only get 50 or a 100 gems as long as we know there are more people who could win >_<

Clockburner
12-07-12, 01:36 PM
Wow, 3.6 Billion waffles......pass the syrup pls. Congrats to the winners!!!