PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event Wheat Harvest Contest! Get Farming! - Win 2,000 Gems!

PikaSquirrel
11-21-12, 12:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UWttK.png

Gobble Gobble! Want to participate in a sweepstake during this Thanksgiving break? Join us for our first contest in Castle Story!

SWEEPSTAKE & RULES:
STARTS: Wednesday, November 21st at 12pm PST
ENDS: Monday, November 26th at 12pm PST

- Harvest as much Wheat as you can from your crops!
- Harvesting Wheat means you need to plant and harvest them in order for them to count towards this sweepstake.

PRIZE:
There will be 10 players who will win 2,000 Gems in Castle Story (http://facebook.com/castleStoryApp)!

Get your shovels ready, and start harvesting! Good luck to everyone!

Castle Story is available to download from the App Store! (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id555194756)

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/k2wMi.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Kingdoms below:

Aragorn
Takalot
dddzeey
Oz
STUBBS KINGDOM
Fantasia
june
Katy
kapuhuska
Unnamed Castle

Each of them has won 2,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out what to do with all this Wheat! We hope you all had fun! Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for Castle Story (http://www.facebook.com/CastleStoryApp) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

It looks like we have enough Wheat to last us many lifetimes...

318,001 players participated!
26,466,686 Wheat was harvested!
3,676 plots of Wheat were being tended every MINUTE!

maguar
11-21-12, 12:46 PM
Just to be clear if I'm maxed with wheat any time I harvest it will still count even though I'm not collecting wheat?

Baraze
11-21-12, 12:47 PM
Oh my gosh, are you kidding me?! I just transferred from iOS to android and lost my game. I'm crying......

cast1532
11-21-12, 12:55 PM
I have a question: whats the maximum plots that level 30 can have? I guess they are doing something for old players.

mimisarah
11-21-12, 12:59 PM
Yeeesss great!!! 10 players that are part of the VIP grup that have more than 30 energy. Fabulous

MHz_
11-21-12, 01:01 PM
Just to be clear if I'm maxed with wheat any time I harvest it will still count even though I'm not collecting wheat?

If you have 99 wheat already in your inventory, your harvesting will still count towards the contest.

maguar
11-21-12, 01:03 PM
If you have 99 wheat already in your inventory, your harvesting will still count towards the contest.

Sweet. Hoped that would be the case but its always good to be sure.

FlyingMonkee
11-21-12, 01:05 PM
Remember, it's not about how many or the most you harvest, everyone has a shot at competing.

Yeeesss great!!! 10 players that are part of the VIP grup that have more than 30 energy. Fabulous

glowyville
11-21-12, 01:05 PM
how would we know how many weve harvested?

MHz_
11-21-12, 01:06 PM
Remember, it's not about how many or the most you harvest, everyone has a shot at competing.

This is true. Think of every wheat you harvest as a raffle ticket. They all get added to the pool. Anyone who harvests wheat could win!

vanillaheaven
11-21-12, 01:06 PM
Wow, I'd like to try :) do we have to do anything special to enter the contest, or do we just start planting? Also, if I planted the wheat after I saw this on the forum, but before resetting my game to get the announcement, does it count? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers :)

MHz_
11-21-12, 01:09 PM
Wow, I'd like to try :) do we have to do anything special to enter the contest, or do we just start planting? Also, if I planted the wheat after I saw this on the forum, but before resetting my game to get the announcement, does it count? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers :)

We will track every time you harvest wheat during the contest time period. Nothing needs to be done in order to enter the contest, just by harvesting wheat you're in it :)

MHz_
11-21-12, 01:09 PM
how would we know how many weve harvested?

You're welcome to keep track of it on your own.

vanillaheaven
11-21-12, 01:10 PM
Okay, thanks :)

mymummy789
11-21-12, 01:15 PM
so am I right in thinking that I need to harvest the wheat I already have sitting in my fields (waiting for some energy) as only crops planted after the start time count? (sorry if its a daft question but I am suffering from lack of sleep!!!)

FlyingMonkee
11-21-12, 01:19 PM
Yes, Once the contest starts at that time it will start for all wheat harvested at the start. If you had Wheat at 11:58 and then harvest after the start, it counts!

so am I right in thinking that I need to harvest the wheat I already have sitting in my fields (waiting for some energy) as only crops planted after the start time count? (sorry if its a daft question but I am suffering from lack of sleep!!!)

mimisarah
11-21-12, 01:20 PM
Yes this so great!!! I can harvest 30 wheat only every 90min, and my friend how is 2 levels less than my can harvest 38 times 90min. ;). And yes remember this: there is a the "same" chance for all..........

arale_norimaki
11-21-12, 01:26 PM

That is really cool. I love the idea that even a new player could win!

jackie2006
11-21-12, 01:30 PM
I don't think the new player can win with 30 energy cap.

FlyingMonkee
11-21-12, 01:31 PM
Anyone can win and compete, happy harvesting and Good Luck to all!

jackie2006
11-21-12, 01:33 PM
I see someone high level with 40 energy cap. It is not fare for us have only 30 energy cap.

mimisarah
11-21-12, 01:36 PM

Your wrong some new player have MORE energy than 30, just some players (new and old) are in the "30 energy list". But we all have the "same fair" chance.....

jackie2006
11-21-12, 01:37 PM
I used to have 34 but now it drops down to 30 I don't know why.

jackie2006
11-21-12, 01:38 PM
I am at level 17 now.

jackie2006
11-21-12, 01:40 PM
So is it fair for some players including me on the "30 energy cap list"?

mimisarah
11-21-12, 01:40 PM
I see someone high level with 40 energy cap. It is not fare for us have only 30 energy cap.

Oh you don't have to be high level......there are low levels with more than 30 energy. I had once 38, earned it with my level, one horrible day I came back to my kingdom just to find out I lost my crown and was taking 8 energy of my palace. However my dear nbr very young queen was not robbed in her fertil land.......

maguar
11-21-12, 01:45 PM
I wish I hadn't got rid of my resident fangbeast to go troll hunting. He would have kept the skunkupines away. Oh well I'll leave the current one where it is as its only blocking 6 plots

arale_norimaki
11-21-12, 01:50 PM
Oh you don't have to be high level......there are low levels with more than 30 energy. I had once 38, earned it with my level, one horrible day I came back to my kingdom just to find out I lost my crown and was taking 8 energy of my palace. However my dear nbr very young queen was not robbed in her fertil land.......

I don't get the energy thing, how does that work? I have 30 energy, thought it depended on my level. Doesn't it?
Not that it matters much for this contest, since winning is mostly a matter of luck :) I really really like it better than the contest in Bakery Story where I didn't even enter :P

marrrina
11-21-12, 01:52 PM
I don't get the energy thing, how does that work? I have 30 energy, thought it depended on my level. Doesn't it?
Not that it matters much for this contest, since winning is mostly a matter of luck :) I really really like it better than the contest in Bakery Story where I didn't even enter :P

It USED to depend on your level and they changed it. Now some players have 40 while others are capped at 30. I feel like those people still have an advantage...

marrrina
11-21-12, 01:56 PM
Also isn't there a cap on how many plots you can have out as you level?

arale_norimaki
11-21-12, 01:58 PM
It USED to depend on your level and they changed it. Now some players have 40 while others are capped at 30. I feel like those people still have an advantage...

Thanks marrrina for the answer. But I don't get it... Why some people are at 40? Did they buy extra slots with gems?

mimisarah
11-21-12, 02:00 PM

I just got more then 40 plots and I can still buy more.....so I am not sure about the plots cap

marrrina
11-21-12, 02:01 PM
I just got more then 40 plots and I can still buy more.....so I am not sure about the plots cap

Really? I'm only level 18 and bought more plots for the contest since I don't have many, but at a point it told me I couldn't purchase any more. I had to stop at 40.

queentina3
11-21-12, 02:02 PM

Yes, though I'm not sure if it is PLOT specific or due to the type of item it is, like Nature. I'm only allowed 40 plots right now at Level 19, but maybe if I put something Nature related in storage, I'll be allowed more. I'll have to check that at some point.

Thanks marrrina for the answer. But I don't get it... Why some people are at 40? Did they buy extra slots with gems?

You can't buy extra Capped Energy. TL decided that some players were allowed a total of 40 energy while others could only have a total of 30.

jackie2006
11-21-12, 02:03 PM
you can plants as many plots you want but you can not harvest. You only harvest based on energy cap then you have to wait 3min to get 1 more energy

mimisarah
11-21-12, 02:04 PM

I am not sure about "extra plots" I just tried and I could buy a bunch never gave me a stop, energy limite well the only thing I can see is that they have a VIP gruop with more than 30 energy and others (like me) on the "not good enogh for more that 30energy".

This harvest IS NOT LUCK, you harvest the most you can. If you have 30 energy you will need to pay to reach the 38,39,40 energy players

mimisarah
11-21-12, 02:06 PM
Of course you don't have to, it's your choice

queentina3
11-21-12, 02:07 PM
There is a CAP on how many Plots you're allowed. I'm level 19 and can only have 40. I just harvested then stored to Mushroom Circles (also Nature) and it still wouldn't allow me to purchase 2 more plots to replace them as I'm CAPPED at 40.

MHz_
11-21-12, 02:09 PM
I am not sure about "extra plots" I just tried and I could buy a bunch never gave me a stop, energy limite well the only thing I can see is that they have a VIP gruop with more than 30 energy and others (like me) on the "not good enogh for more that 30energy".

This harvest IS NOT LUCK, you harvest the most you can. If you have 30 energy you will need to pay to reach the 38,39,40 energy players

With all games that we release, we often will test things to see how it affects players. This is why you'll see some players with different costs for things, or more/less energy etc.. Just know that these things are not permanent, and will go back to the same values for everyone once we have enough information to make a decision.

There is an exception to this with regards to energy. For our very very early players that were here before we promoted the game, they were grandfathered into a cap of 40. This was done as a thanks for all the feedback, and support they gave us during our early launch period of the game.

arale_norimaki
11-21-12, 02:11 PM
Yes, though I'm not sure if it is PLOT specific or due to the type of item it is, like Nature. I'm only allowed 40 plots right now at Level 19, but maybe if I put something Nature related in storage, I'll be allowed more. I'll have to check that at some point.

You can't buy extra Capped Energy. TL decided that some players were allowed a total of 40 energy while others could only have a total of 30.

Thanks for the answer! I thought I didn't understand because the way marrrina said it, it sounded like random caps, I could not imagine it actuallt was, lol!

I am myself blocked at 34 plots, but only because I have no coins (spent it all looking for dust and living wood, lol!)

arale_norimaki
11-21-12, 02:14 PM
With all games that we release, we often will test things to see how it affects players. This is why you'll see some players with different costs for things, or more/less energy etc.. Just know that these things are not permanent, and will go back to the same values for everyone once we have enough information to make a decision.

There is an exception to this with regards to energy. For our very very early players that were here before we promoted the game, they were grandfathered into a cap of 40. This was done as a thanks for all the feedback, and support they gave us during our early launch period of the game.

Now I get it. Glad to see there is a reason behind it. Thanks for the explanation :)

midnightmeerkat
11-21-12, 02:30 PM
There is a CAP on how many Plots you're allowed. I'm level 19 and can only have 40. I just harvested then stored to Mushroom Circles (also Nature) and it still wouldn't allow me to purchase 2 more plots to replace them as I'm CAPPED at 40.

That is not all that is going on with the plot cap as I am level 23 on both my games and I can have 44 plots on one and 41 on the other.

glowyville
11-21-12, 02:33 PM
i got 40 and im at my limit of structures D:

aleawads
11-21-12, 02:48 PM
How would we know if we won or not?

queentina3
11-21-12, 02:50 PM
How would we know if we won or not?

TL will announce the winners next week after the contests ends.

ninjaAhug
11-21-12, 02:52 PM
I'll give you just under $100 if u give me the gems ;) hehe jks

cast1532
11-21-12, 04:24 PM

Wow, I didn't know I was one of the very very early players. Thank you for making great games that I love.

yupiyupigumgum
11-21-12, 06:05 PM
Sorry to ask this, i'm in Asia now, so 12:00 pm PST equals what time here?:-P

MHz_
11-21-12, 06:26 PM
Sorry to ask this, i'm in Asia now, so 12:00 pm PST equals what time here?:-P

Use this:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

You can use San Francisco, California USA for our location :)

hmgdanielson
11-21-12, 09:17 PM
I'd just like to say... This is pretty cool. But why wheat? Is it because of Thanksgiving and stuffing?

http://www.niftymessageboard.com/images/smiles/turkey.gif

freshpickins
11-21-12, 09:57 PM
In restaurant story it's waffles, both require 2 hours to make. Maybe to get us more hooked during thanksgiving? Hehe

jackie2006
11-22-12, 12:43 AM
For players with 30 energy cap: you have 75% possibility to win this contest.
for players with 40 energy cap: you have 100% possibility to win this contest.

This is not a fair game. I'm out

Rockinkitten
11-22-12, 12:50 AM
Everyone has a chance every 3 minutes if you harvest wheat. A lot of people won't be using all their energy on wheat because a lot of us (like me) will still be focusing on trolls and other new goals.

The 30-40 energy cap is only an issue if you do not play for hours, like at night. So in the morning the 40cap people have 10 clicks more.

If you keep your eye on the game during the day you have just as much chance of winning because every harvest is a chance! I'm only harvesting wheat when I've no buildings to collect from.

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 01:34 AM

I disagree.

It is not about who harvests the most. Whoever harvests once gets a ticket to enter the competition. So anyone who harvests just one plant of wheat has a chance to win. Yes, it may be 1 chance in 1,000,000 but it still is a chance.
Think of it like the Lotto. You may spend a lot of money, buy thousands of tickets and not win a single coin back, or spend 1euro and get billions. That simple.

This competition is as fair as a lottery can be. Thanks to the energy limit, we all have quite similar chances. The only benefit for people with 40 energy cap is they can stay away from the game longer than us, 30 energy people.

Do you know who has actual better chances to win? Addicted people who would wake up in the night to harvest. Those are the ones who may benefit from this system and, in my opinion, they deserve it :)

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 01:37 AM
By the way, got mixed up with the date and thought it all started in 12 hours, not 12 hours ago!!!

So I've been crafting, looking for dust, feeding my pig for it to grow... like if no competition were going on. Talk about losing chances to win, LOL!

shalaraq
11-22-12, 02:16 AM

That's not accurate. Level cap doesn't even matter unless you don't play long enough to hit the cap. During the day I never hit my cap because I'm playing every hour or so. Someone with 30 can do the same thing. The only time my extra 10 energy matter is first thing in the morning after I've been asleep and can't play every hour.

So all my 40 cap gives me over a 30 cap person with the same play style is 10 extra moves every 24 hours.

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 03:11 AM
I've noticed that fangbeast and his brother now had a new hobby : sitting ON my ready to harvest wheats :( Here kitty kitty ....

maguar
11-22-12, 03:16 AM
I've noticed that fangbeast and his brother now had a new hobby : sitting ON my ready to harvest wheats :( Here kitty kitty ....

I've sacrificed 6 blocks to a skunk for the duration of the comp so I don't have to keep fighting them

Rockinkitten
11-22-12, 03:16 AM
Do you know who has actual better chances to win? Addicted people who would wake up in the night to harvest. Those are the ones who may benefit from this system and, in my opinion, they deserve it :)

Now who would be silly enough to do THAT?!?
***cough*** 4am check ***cough***

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 03:26 AM
Now who would be silly enough to do THAT?!?
***cough*** 4am check ***cough***

LOL! good luck :D

maguar
11-22-12, 03:26 AM

It's not like we wake to clear. It's more like we wake so as long as we're up we may as well clear :o

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 03:31 AM
It's not like we wake to clear. It's more like we wake so as long as we're up we may as well clear :o

Of course ;) I know what you mean, been there too. Light sleep and dreams of knights and castles... :D

Rockinkitten
11-22-12, 03:33 AM
I cleared twice overnight. Daughter woke me once and storm outside woke me once. Yay!

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 03:33 AM
Wow, this contest will make castle story mania ....well.....euphoria and insomnia too

glowyville
11-22-12, 06:30 AM
i couldnt find san frasisco or california in the time converter D:
i live in canada

crypticscripts
11-22-12, 06:54 AM
Need to clarify a couple of points. In the wheat challenge my inventory is showing full and can't hold more. Does this mean I can't harvest anymore or are TeamLava somehow keeping count? And secondly once harvested can I use the wheat to make things or do you have to keep the wheat?

marrrina
11-22-12, 07:02 AM
Need to clarify a couple of points. In the wheat challenge my inventory is showing full and can't hold more. Does this mean I can't harvest anymore or are TeamLava somehow keeping count? And secondly once harvested can I use the wheat to make things or do you have to keep the wheat?

They said even if you're full it'll still count.

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 07:03 AM
You'll need wheats to make flours , one of important ingredients in the kitchen,

crypticscripts
11-22-12, 07:45 AM
But if I use the wheat to make the flour do I lose the wheat I am saving for challenge?

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 07:46 AM
i live in canada

Scroll down until you see "United States", I did find it.
Anyway, the contest started hours ago!

queentina3
11-22-12, 07:55 AM
But if I use the wheat to make the flour do I lose the wheat I am saving for challenge?

No, because once you harvested it, it was counted. It doesn't matter if you use it afterwards, as long as you harvest it your name will be submitted as many times as you harvest.

crypticscripts
11-22-12, 08:44 AM
Ah thanks Queentina, wasn't sure...you know how it is in this game....rules change every five minutes! Lol.

marrrina
11-22-12, 11:27 AM
Naturally there's a skunkupine hiding in my ready-to-harvest plots and I have no energy.

mymummy789
11-22-12, 11:42 AM
Naturally there's a skunkupine hiding in my ready-to-harvest plots and I have no energy.

but of course!!! They have a knack of knowing when you can't defend yourself, don't they!!

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 11:42 AM
but of course!!! They have a knack of knowing when you can't defend yourself, don't they!!

They do!! How, really, how?!?!

flowless
11-22-12, 12:02 PM
so if i harvest even once

doest it mean i also have a chance

midnightmeerkat
11-22-12, 12:15 PM
Sure... Exactly like a lottery..... Each wheat planted and harvested is a ticket - it's up to you how much energy you want to spend on it.

cast1532
11-22-12, 12:17 PM
I don't need to set up an alarm clock to wake me up. I stay up until four am to collect then get like five hours of sleep. Yes, I did time how many hours I slept.

jhhgbdj
11-22-12, 12:19 PM
Oh my god...you really want to win don't you?

But, still, you could end up not getting pulled like Katniss in Hunger Games.

vednir
11-22-12, 12:29 PM
Spending energy on flour would be very helpful to keep any of the wheat from going to waste. It's only 2 energy every 30 minutes and a nice stockpile will be quite handy to have going forward.

midnightmeerkat
11-22-12, 12:42 PM
Spending energy on flour would be very helpful to keep any of the wheat from going to waste. It's only 2 energy every 30 minutes and a nice stockpile will be quite handy to have going forward.

Good idea! You also get an extra 15 coins if the wheat is full

cast1532
11-22-12, 12:47 PM
Yes, I do want to win.

Nossie93
11-22-12, 05:01 PM
oh kewl cuz that was my question as well :)

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 06:38 PM
You'll need wheats to make flours , one of important ingredients in the kitchen,

Umm...what was the question again?

midnightmeerkat
11-22-12, 06:42 PM
Errrr... Was it this one?

yupiyupigumgum

DaojinWildfire
11-23-12, 01:48 AM
i live in canada
You can use this time zone converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com). It'll automatically detect your local time, so just type in "San Francisco" to convert to our time zone.

As soon as you harvest the Wheat, you get an entry, so you're free to use the Wheat to craft if you want.

so if i harvest even once

doest it mean i also have a chance
Yup! Just one entry gives you a chance to win. But you'll want to harvest as much Wheat a possible, so you give yourself a better chance of winning by having more entries in the sweepstake.

xfphua
11-23-12, 07:13 AM
I know this could be late, but pls help me to clarify time zone between yours and my current location. The contest started at 12pm, so what is the time in Malaysia. So that I can sleep after the contest, please.

Rockinkitten
11-23-12, 07:17 AM
It's on now and all weekend! Plant some wheat and go to sleep ;)

tarantelle
11-24-12, 07:22 AM
Pure madness LOL, tip for the users which are nearby the "thurston fort goal"' craft wooden beams in the meantime while waiting for the weat to harvest, you will need 50 of them as part of creating the fort!

RainbowSue
11-24-12, 04:09 PM
Count me in please! 😃

arale_norimaki
11-24-12, 04:14 PM
Count me in please! 😃
All you need is to harvest to enter :)
Don't worry, this thread is only to vent about the contest ;)

Tempete8
11-24-12, 04:17 PM
Whata the timing on this item? How long is the harvest?

maguar
11-24-12, 04:19 PM
Whata the timing on this item? How long is the harvest?

2 hours to grow. Still got a fair bit of time before the comp ends

Tempete8
11-24-12, 06:01 PM
2 hours to grow. Still got a fair bit of time before the comp ends

Oh ok so same for Rs. Waffles take 2hrs

FlamingInferno
11-24-12, 06:41 PM
How are you guys gonna tell us when we win? Is there another thread soon?

arale_norimaki
11-24-12, 06:59 PM
For Bakery story there was a thread and a pop up in the app

glowyville
11-24-12, 07:26 PM
a pop up that tells you who wins? *crosses fingers and hopes i win*

arale_norimaki
11-24-12, 07:30 PM
a pop up that tells you who wins? *crosses fingers and hopes i win*

Yes, for bakery story we had that for two or three days, giving the name of the bakeries.

cast1532
11-24-12, 11:41 PM
Do you guys know that if a beast pops up and you don't defeat it, it will stay there until you **** it. I have one and I can harvest my wheat with no problem. I don't use my energy for the beasts.

Rockinkitten
11-25-12, 02:12 AM
Pure madness LOL, tip for the users which are nearby the "thurston fort goal"' craft wooden beams in the meantime while waiting for the weat to harvest, you will need 50 of them as part of creating the fort!

Thanks! What triggered this goal?

wassupbaby
11-25-12, 03:15 AM
Im so done with the contest. I have 99 flours and wheats . I think that i did my part, the rest depends on luck (or TL :D ) Good luck everyone !

freshpickins
11-25-12, 03:27 AM
Im so done with the contest. I have 99 flours and wheats . I think that i did my part, the rest depends on luck (or TL :D ) Good luck everyone !

Or...time to make noodles lol.

freshpickins
11-25-12, 03:28 AM
Do you guys know that if a beast pops up and you don't defeat it, it will stay there until you **** it. I have one and I can harvest my wheat with no problem. I don't use my energy for the beasts.
Yup! You can corner one around as a pet. Maguar had one for ages. :)

maguar
11-25-12, 03:32 AM
Yup! You can corner one around as a pet. Maguar had one for ages. :)

Got rid of him to go troll hunting and then the comp started. If only I'd waited.

freshpickins
11-25-12, 03:33 AM
Got rid of him to go troll hunting and then the comp started. If only I'd waited.

You can resurrect him... Sir fangsolat 2.0

maguar
11-25-12, 03:46 AM
You can resurrect him... Sir fangsolat 2.0

Got a skunk that's not blocking too much. He stays till the comp ends. After the monster quests sir fangsalot will rise again.

yupiyupigumgum
11-25-12, 08:30 AM

I have to get rid of it because if I don't , Mr. Troll won't show up .

glowyville
11-25-12, 10:29 AM
Got a skunk that's not blocking too much. He stays till the comp ends. After the monster quests sir fangsalot will rise again.

i have a skunk thingy blocking my castle and a workplace. not buggin me or my wheat so is all good he can hangout xD

arale_norimaki
11-25-12, 10:40 AM

i have a skunk thingy blocking my castle and a workplace. not buggin me or my wheat so is all good he can hangout xD

I always **** them straight away. Usually they give up more energy than they require to be ****ed, and I am always low on energy so I kind of try to lure them in to my kingdom by harvesting super fast!!! I do the opposite to everyone else's, lol!

glowyville
11-25-12, 01:19 PM
is anyone else counting how much theve harvested? xD

yupiyupigumgum
11-25-12, 05:17 PM
why there's a gem sale when there's a 2000 gems reward?
if you didn't find golden apple after searching so long, will you finally buy apple tree or you just want to try your luck a little longer and keep the gem? I'm beginning to lose my hope on finding this mythical fruit .

Shelbschn
11-25-12, 07:08 PM
I went ahead and bought an apple tree, and I am still having no luck after 10 harvests from it. I also can't get the egg for the life of me...

yupiyupigumgum
11-25-12, 07:23 PM
I went ahead and bought an apple tree, and I am still having no luck after 10 harvests from it. I also can't get the egg for the life of me...

Don't give up on your chickens. I've got my golden eggs from mine, And don't forget to check your storage, because sometimes we just don't realize we've already have it. Good luck :)

Shelbschn
11-25-12, 07:27 PM
Haha I won't give up, I should probably have more than three...lol. Thanks, I know I love those moments when I go "oh I didn't know I had that!"

charissalim
11-25-12, 11:57 PM

How long is the harvest time?

midnightmeerkat
11-26-12, 12:11 AM
Apple tree harvest time is 2 hours

yupiyupigumgum
11-26-12, 01:01 AM
It's monday 3 pm at my kingdom...have they announced the winner?

arale_norimaki
11-26-12, 01:10 AM
It's monday 3 pm at my kingdom...have they announced the winner?

I think the contest should last another 12 hors (it is 12 am in California).

Then they will have to count how many entrances they got and do the drawing... I'd expect the results for tomorrow (your and my time' it is 9 am here)

moda999
11-26-12, 04:00 AM

Got the golden apple without the tree but don't know how lol. Egg I got from hatchery.

Shelbschn
11-26-12, 07:41 AM
Got the golden apple without the tree but don't know how lol. Egg I got from hatchery.

Gah, I guess I'm just having some poor luck.

glowyville
11-26-12, 09:40 AM
the contest ends 3pm in canada time.
just gonna leave this here incase someones wondering :p

Em_storm
11-26-12, 10:12 AM

I was wondering about that. So it can come from a regular tree? My hatchery finally gave up the egg, and the golden nugget I got rather quickly from either mining or harvesting (my stuff is close together in places, I'm not sure which I clicked) but the golden apple remains elusive.

wassupbaby
11-26-12, 10:34 AM
I was wondering about that. So it can come from a regular tree? My hatchery finally gave up the egg, and the golden nugget I got rather quickly from either mining or harvesting (my stuff is close together in places, I'm not sure which I clicked) but the golden apple remains elusive.

You can get the golden apple from Magic garden. No need apple tree :D

scottyhaha
11-26-12, 11:48 AM
the contest ends 3pm in canada time.
just gonna leave this here incase someones wondering :p
It is depend where you are in Canada. If you in eastern part of Canada it should be 3 am

scottyhaha
11-26-12, 11:50 AM
I meant pm

glowyville
11-26-12, 11:53 AM
oh ok. yeah im in eastern

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 11:56 AM
Wasted my 30 harvesting my last wheat .... Good luck everyone.... I hope someone from forumns who is active wins

Come on tl i just want to win atleast in one game... Castle/ bakery/ fashion/ farm/restaurant

glowyville
11-26-12, 11:59 AM
i hope to win the wheat contest ive been harvesting nonstop since it was announced that morning

marrrina
11-26-12, 12:05 PM
I harvested my last bit of wheat a while ago. I kinda gave out on Saturday because the energy aspect of the game made this too difficult. I originally had 40 plots dedicated to wheat and i was tired of it so i put 20 of the plots back in storage and went back to harvesting other things. Then I decided to give it one last try but still only with 20 plots, so I doubt I'll win :)

glowyville
11-26-12, 12:11 PM
i harvested with 37 plots

tarantelle
11-26-12, 12:25 PM
Waiting for my last wheat to harvest.....then go to sleep for three day's ;)end of competition will be 9pm in europe!

glowyville
11-26-12, 01:01 PM
its time for the winners to be announced here in eastern canada

queentina3
11-26-12, 01:30 PM
its time for the winners to be announced here in eastern canada

I doubt they'll know the winners today. It takes time to gather all the data and then do the raffle for all the games that had contests going. When they just had the Peach Cobbler in BS going, with only the Top 10 Bakeries, they didn't have the winners the same day.

glowyville
11-26-12, 01:33 PM
oh ok. thanks queentina3 :)

julesh604
11-26-12, 01:40 PM
aw, that stinks. I've been waiting all day for 3:00.

arale_norimaki
11-26-12, 01:51 PM
I AM SO GLAD IT IS OVER!!

I think I won't harvest wheat until I am completely over it and need it for cooking ;)

ivestj84
11-26-12, 03:13 PM
Haha, me too. So glad it's over, 6 days in a row is a bit much I think. No more harvesting wheat for at least 2 days for me anyway :d

midnightmeerkat
11-26-12, 03:16 PM
Lol, sooooo sick of the sight of wheat....... And skunkupines....... Off to fight trolls and fangs now

yupiyupigumgum
11-26-12, 05:19 PM
10 players will win 2000 gems ....of course, that means 200 gems each, not 2000 gems each. It's tuesday 8 am here, so I guess I can start plant something else...anything but wheat!

marrrina
11-26-12, 05:47 PM
10 players will win 2000 gems ....of course, that means 200 gems each, not 2000 gems each. It's tuesday 8 am here, so I guess I can start plant something else...anything but wheat!

You may or may not be right. We won't know until it happens. The cobbler bake off said EACH player will get 1000 gems, and this simply says 10 players will get 2000. If it turns out the winners only get 200 then we were strongly mislead, but I'd be happy to get the gems anyway.

Em_storm
11-26-12, 07:14 PM
You can get the golden apple from Magic garden. No need apple tree :D

Awesome. Thanks!

aesma676
11-26-12, 10:03 PM
looking forward to them announcing the winners

arale_norimaki
11-27-12, 02:09 AM
I always **** them straight away. Usually they give up more energy than they require to be ****ed, and I am always low on energy so I kind of try to lure them in to my kingdom by harvesting super fast!!! I do the opposite to everyone else's, lol!

Ok, I said that about skunkupine or whatever they are called. They are cute and not dangerous, no wonder the so-called knight only wants to defeat one of those ;)

But since yesterday I am having fangbeats ALL THE TIME over my red mushrooms circle, and those don't even give up energy!! So this morning since one appeared over my farmhouse, hatchery and cottage I decided he'll stay there until a goal asks me to defeat any monster :D

cholorothea81112
11-27-12, 07:29 AM
When you will post who's the winners of this event????

jdscastle
11-27-12, 10:36 AM
Yes we're anxious ����

aleawads
11-27-12, 01:24 PM
When you will post who's the winners of this event????

Exactly !!! I know it's not goons be me,just want to be happy for other people at least !

glowyville
11-27-12, 01:35 PM
i wanna know to =D
i think i may have a chance :3

Rockinkitten
11-28-12, 09:22 AM
I want to know too, hope some board regulars have won!

zenemi
11-28-12, 05:37 PM
Can't wait! I'm glad they haven't announced it yet. I came here to see if I'd lost yet. Good luck everyone!

livediebe
11-28-12, 05:47 PM
I wonder if the scheduled downtime happening right now has anything to do with distributing gems to the winners. I mean, it would make sense.

julesh604
11-29-12, 09:10 AM
TL, can you please tell us when you will be announcing the winners? Some of us worked very hard at harvesting wheat for 6 days straight with no sleep, food, drink, shower, etc... An ETA would be nice. 😊

DaojinWildfire
11-29-12, 09:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/k2wMi.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Kingdoms below:

Aragorn
Takalot
dddzeey
Oz
STUBBS KINGDOM
Fantasia
june
Katy
kapuhuska
Unnamed Castle

Each of them has won 2,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out what to do with all this Wheat! We hope you all had fun! Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for Castle Story (http://www.facebook.com/CastleStoryApp) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

It looks like we have enough Wheat to last us many lifetimes...

318,001 players participated!
26,466,686 Wheat was harvested!
3,676 plots of Wheat were being tended every MINUTE!

queentina3
11-29-12, 09:34 PM
Congrats to the winners! A few of them are my neighbors, so especially YAY to them!

aesma676
11-29-12, 10:10 PM
yay congrats to the winners

RestoQueen
11-29-12, 10:31 PM
I'm assuming the other Fantasia won??

yupiyupigumgum
11-29-12, 10:41 PM
Congrats to all the winners. Have fun with the gems but watch out for the gems traps . Okay!

nmishii
11-29-12, 10:49 PM
Congratulations to the winners!!!

tarantelle
11-29-12, 11:15 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

arale_norimaki
11-29-12, 11:54 PM
Congratulations!!
It is so cute an unnamed castle won, don't you think?

wassupbaby
11-30-12, 12:03 AM
Wow look at the number. I no wonder why i didnt win :D
Congrats !

wassupbaby
11-30-12, 12:15 AM
Hey people , I looked around i found out a very very interesting thing. In Castle Story we have Unnamed Castle as the winner , in Farm Story we have Unnamed Farm as the winner , in Restaurant Story we have Unnamed Restaurant as the winner. Is it just coincidence ? I personally dont think so. So i think there is sth not right here . What do you guys think ?

arale_norimaki
11-30-12, 12:45 AM
I thought of that myself when I saw the results in City Metro and Restaurant. Then I went to Bakery and Fashion and there is not a Unnamed winner. In Bubblemania there are 5 (but the contest there was different).

I said it many times before and I'll say it once more: in my opinion, this was just like the lotto. If you harvest only once, chances are you win. Maybe this Unnamed castle is a player who tried the game, followed the initial goals that make you harvest corn then wheat and he decided to stop playing even before getting the goal to visit other kingdoms. Yes, that happens, not everyone likes this game. Wouldn't it be poethic that one of our winners is not even interested in the game, whereas us, addicts, got nothing?

aleawads
11-30-12, 03:08 AM
I think it was just waste of energy and time- all TL wanted to do is slow all of us down( if it is not complicated enough with all the rules). I don't think I will go for something like this again. We were all like lab rat for TL.

maguar
11-30-12, 03:36 AM
Congrats to all the winners. It will be interesting to see what the winners do with their reward.

Personally I enjoyed the competition. I had almost a week of dreaming about what I would do if I won. I had a number of conversations with people about it so it helped with the feeling of community. It also gave me an opportunity to get a large stockpile of bread, noodles and wheat. After the comp I made so much pasta that I ran out of mushrooms, lol.

I can't wait to see what competition they come up with next. Does anyone have any thoughts on what it should be?

Rockinkitten
11-30-12, 04:04 AM
I'd like a scratch card. Something we could buy once a day and scratch off with the chance of winning small prizes and the occasional big one.

xMelancholyx
11-30-12, 08:29 AM
Congrats winners.

crystalrayn3
11-30-12, 08:36 AM
Congrats to the lucky winners! :)

Thx TeamLava for the running such a contest. Hope to see another one soon :D

tiggerhobbes
11-30-12, 09:19 AM
I didn't win anything but enjoyed the chance and the dreamy fantasy of what-if? :D Sure I invested time in it, but it was just game play, I can't complain about being entertained for too long, lol.

It also forced me to really sit down and prioritize things in this game. Before the contest everything seemed precious and important and I tried to collect everything whenever they become ready. With the contest, I managed to sit down and decide which resources were low priority and I don't need to compulsively collect them. So it actually helped my game play style in the long run.

I also ended up with a nice stockpile of flour (and cake and waffles in other games) which makes the game simpler: one less task to manage. Now my kitchen is ready to fire as soon as I have the energy, I don't have to allocate energy to collect ingredients.

But anyway. . . congrats to all the winners! Would love to hear how you're spending your wealth ^___^

jackie2006
11-30-12, 10:52 AM
Congrats winners.

It is funny that no winners that post anything, I don't think they are real players. What do you think?

Mommy467
11-30-12, 11:13 AM
Congratulation to the winners!

kooky panda
11-30-12, 11:29 AM
Congrats winners.

It is funny that no winners that post anything, I don't think they are real players. What do you think?
The winners are real players. It is possible that none of them are active forum members.

vednir
11-30-12, 10:41 PM
It's interesting to see how many people participated and how many entries there were. It does aptly demonstrate you can just put a few entries in and have nearly the same chance of winning as someone that dedicated every hour to the drawing. Next contest, harvest a little wheat and don't worry about the rest.

fanta12123
12-01-12, 12:32 AM
Ehehehe I happen to be the proud ruler of Fantasia =w=

I cant believe I won, I wonder how long it'll take to get my gems

arale_norimaki
12-01-12, 03:46 AM

Congratulations!!

queentina3
12-01-12, 07:34 AM

If you didn't receive your gems yet then you didn't win, it was probably another Kingdom that was going by the same name.

1ndy
12-01-12, 06:02 PM
Yes, I am the owner of Oz lol I was happy I won cause I slaved that wheat. Just joined the forums to see whats the delay on gems :P My storm8 id is 1ndy

sweetstuff525
12-01-12, 06:35 PM
Yes, I am the owner of Oz lol I was happy I won cause I slaved that wheat. Just joined the forums to see whats the delay on gems :P My storm8 id is 1ndy

Like queentina posted above and also tl staff has stated.... All winners received their gems already

If you haven't then you were not the winner .....it was another person with the same name as yours

Sorry for the confusion... I would be sad too

clanzkiller
12-01-12, 09:15 PM
I had a neighbour castle of fantasia and Fantasia, the small cap fantasia seems to be a little active with level 11. While the other big F cap Fantasia lv6 which has been inactive for quite sometimes cause i had been visiting him/her everyday for the 24hrs cycle visit process and his/her castle was never been moving with a skunk on his land for quite sometimes and plot with corn. And thats weird cause you can have the same name for 2 different player?

arale_norimaki
12-02-12, 04:27 AM
I had a neighbour castle of fantasia and Fantasia, the small cap fantasia seems to be a little active with level 11. While the other big F cap Fantasia lv6 which has been inactive for quite sometimes cause i had been visiting him/her everyday for the 24hrs cycle visit process and his/her castle was never been moving with a skunk on his land for quite sometimes and plot with corn. And thats weird cause you can have the same name for 2 different player?

Yes, you can have two kingdoms with the same name. The only thing that is unique is your stormid (that's why you use it to add neighbors).

I guess TL does not announce the winners through their stormid to avoid everyone adding them to see what their kingdoms look like... This would avoid confusion, though. Maybe the next time they should state on the pop-up that winner receive their gems automatically and that there may be several kingdoms with the same name.

MHz_
12-02-12, 05:08 PM
Yes, you can have two kingdoms with the same name. The only thing that is unique is your stormid (that's why you use it to add neighbors).

I guess TL does not announce the winners through their stormid to avoid everyone adding them to see what their kingdoms look like... This would avoid confusion, though. Maybe the next time they should state on the pop-up that winner receive their gems automatically and that there may be several kingdoms with the same name.

I'll definitely make sure that part is mentioned for the next contest we run. Congrats to the winners!

greatday2bealive
12-02-12, 05:57 PM
No more contests