PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event The Luxurious Landscaper! - Win 3,000 Gems!

FlyingMonkee
11-21-12, 12:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/89s8J.png

What: Collect the Most Landscaping Luxuries Contracts!
~The More Contracts you collect, the more chances you have to win~

When: Wednesday Nov 21, 12pm PST to Monday Nov 26, 12pm PST

Where: In your City of course!!

Why & How?: Because The Mayor of City Story Metro is giving thanks to all of your support, 10 Players will win 3,000 Gems!!

City Story Metro (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id536075651) & City Story Metro: Halloween (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id562067225) are available to download from the App Store!

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/MebYy.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Cities below:

monta887
dreamland
New City
Pnkhville
genville
Unnamed City
Landonville
Tishaville
Manons City
Kitten Kity

Each of them has won 3,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we organize and sort through all the contracts! We hope you all had fun! Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for City Story Metro (http://www.facebook.com/CityStoryMetro) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

How many contracts do you think were collected?

83,322 players participated!
903,666 Landscaping Luxuries Contracts were collected!

bigbux3
11-21-12, 01:29 PM
I hope I win; everything is expensive.

Jprimers
11-21-12, 03:42 PM
How do you collect these Landscaping Luxurious Contracts?

Thanks,

bigbux3
11-21-12, 03:46 PM
How do you collect these Landscaping Luxurious Contracts?

Thanks,

Under the Greenhouse you'll find a contract called Landscaping Luxurious. You start the contract and wait 4 hours to collect, you can supply your businesses with the collected ones after.

Jprimers
11-21-12, 03:48 PM
Under the Greenhouse you'll find a contract called Landscaping Luxurious. You start the contract and wait 4 hours to collect, you can supply your businesses with the collected ones after.

Appreciate the tip! Thanks

bellamimi95
11-21-12, 09:07 PM
how exciting! thanks guys, i love this - especially after the bakery story cobbler competiton. i'll participate, but i'm not going to win - only have 5 industy buildings. I have 18 ovens in bakery and i still didn't win!
on a related note: does anyone know what the maximum of industry buildings you can have are?

bigbux3
11-21-12, 09:13 PM
how exciting! thanks guys, i love this - especially after the bakery story cobbler competiton. i'll participate, but i'm not going to win - only have 5 industy buildings. I have 18 ovens in bakery and i still didn't win!
on a related note: does anyone know what the maximum of industry buildings you can have are?

6. I doubt I'll win as well, and I didn't enter the BS competition as well.

caddie4
11-21-12, 11:29 PM
Can anyone tell me where to find the Greenhouse? I looked everywhere but not finding it.

Please and thanks!!!

jack01020304
11-22-12, 01:11 AM

Sadly it isn't about how much industry you have. Most players have 6 industries(current max) and we all have 24hrs a day. So the winner will be someone who has more than 24hrs a day, or to say it in a different way, someone who use gems to play. Let's say somebody uses 2000gems to speed up the collecting, which gives a very advantageous position to win, and he can still get 3000-2000=1000gems free easily.

But all of this is just a strategy for teamlava to earn money. They give out gems in no cost, it is basically a data(or some pixels). And yet if you do buy gems to win, they earn REAL MONEY.

I am not judging players to use real money to play games. But if you don't think you can win, I suggest not participating because the the Landscaping Luxurious Contracts give 160goods and needs 4hr, while the idea factory has an option to give 180goods that requires 2hr of waiting.

nmid
11-22-12, 04:53 AM
They said its not highest contracts win, just an added chance...
So even if you do use gems to speed up things, u still are counting on chance at the end.

If they just discount the gems by 80%, I would be more than willing to spend 20$ a month....but as of right now, I'm not going to spend even a single cent thanks to their ridiculous pricing and gem trap clicks.

judyluvs
11-22-12, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the clarification; even though I play the game I didn't recognize the item requirement for what it was. I usually just click on the best "goods" producer and move on.

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 06:57 AM
~The More Contracts you collect, the higher chances you have to win~
~This Sweepstakes is not whoever collects the most

I'm confused.......so, they will pick the sweeptakes winner based on what ?

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 06:59 AM
Can anyone tell me where to find the Greenhouse? I looked everywhere but not finding it.

Please and thanks!!!

Have you found it? It's in the industry ( market menu ). If you've already had 6 factory, try to store one then click industry on market menu.

DaojinWildfire
11-23-12, 02:25 AM

Please and thanks!!!
1. Tap Market from the game screen.
2. Tap Industry to see all of the Industry buildings.
3. Tap Greenhouse to build one in your city. You can have up to 6 Industry buildings. You can unlock more by raising your population.
4. Once your Greenhouse is constructed, order Landscaping Luxuries.
5. When the order is ready, collect the Landscaping Luxuries for 1 entry in the sweepstake!

Sadly it isn't about how much industry you have. Most players have 6 industries(current max) and we all have 24hrs a day. So the winner will be someone who has more than 24hrs a day, or to say it in a different way, someone who use gems to play. Let's say somebody uses 2000gems to speed up the collecting, which gives a very advantageous position to win, and he can still get 3000-2000=1000gems free easily.

But all of this is just a strategy for teamlava to earn money. They give out gems in no cost, it is basically a data(or some pixels). And yet if you do buy gems to win, they earn REAL MONEY.

I am not judging players to use real money to play games. But if you don't think you can win, I suggest not participating because the the Landscaping Luxurious Contracts give 160goods and needs 4hr, while the idea factory has an option to give 180goods that requires 2hr of waiting.
Participation in the sweepstake is entirely optional. Using Gems to speed up orders and collect will give the player more chances to win. It does not guarantee that they will win the prize. This sweepstake gives everyone a chance to win Gems without spending any money at all. Just keep collecting Landscaping Luxurious Contracts to increase your chances of winning.

~The More Contracts you collect, the higher chances you have to win~
~This Sweepstakes is not whoever collects the most

I'm confused.......so, they will pick the sweeptakes winner based on what ?
It's a raffle, so the winners will be randomly picked. If you want to increase your chances of winning, just keep earning more entries by collecting Landscaping Luxurious Contracts. Try to collect as many as you can before the sweepstake ends on Monday at 12pm PST!

yupiyupigumgum
11-23-12, 04:18 AM
Well, have to try my best, although 'luck' is not my best friend :-P

gothamnight
11-26-12, 01:56 PM
We Wait th? winners list!...

bigbux3
11-26-12, 04:37 PM
Isn't the contest over?

I hope I won!

benbever
11-26-12, 05:35 PM
I hope someone who is active on this forum wins.

bayamon7
11-26-12, 11:25 PM
I hope they make a "Special Holiday Exception" and a whole bunch of people win!! And all if the good folks out there! Aaand....maybe me too, if I'm lucky!! :)
Good Luck Everyone!! I'm excited to see who wins! Haha

yupiyupigumgum
11-27-12, 04:44 AM
I hope they can announce the winner within this week. After all, it was randomly picked, right? So it shouldn't take long to pick 10 lucky player......I'm pretty sure I won't win. I just hope I can get my golden apple and that sir pigworthless before new update this week

yupiyupigumgum
11-27-12, 04:46 AM
I hope they can announce the winner within this week. After all, it was randomly picked, right? So it shouldn't take long to pick 10 lucky player......I'm pretty sure I won't win. I just hope I can get my golden apple and that sir pigworthless before new update this week

........wait, where am I? What thread is this?

pinktoy
11-27-12, 07:49 AM
Do we know who the winners are yet?

threeway5
11-27-12, 03:59 PM
If the winners are still yet to be annouced, can we please at least know when they are expected to be annouced???

56cupcakes
11-27-12, 04:47 PM
I am wondering if anyone who did win has been told yet. does anyone have a neighbor that won and has been told?

threeway5
11-28-12, 03:18 AM
Are the winners picked randomly or is it the top 10 players who collected the most contracts??

pinktoy
11-29-12, 07:41 AM
Do we know the winners yet?

DaojinWildfire
11-29-12, 10:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MebYy.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Cities below:

monta887
dreamland
New City
Pnkhville
genville
Unnamed City
Landonville
Tishaville
Manons City
Kitten Kity

Each of them has won 3,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we organize and sort through all the contracts! We hope you all had fun! Keep constructive feedback coming to help us further improve upon our in-game contests for City Story Metro (http://www.facebook.com/CityStoryMetro) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

How many contracts do you think were collected?

83,322 players participated!
903,666 Landscaping Luxuries Contracts were collected!

bigbux3
11-29-12, 10:20 PM
How do you guys pick the winners? 3,000 gems could've helped cover some of the EXPENSIVE gem items. 200 gems for a small house?! Really?

yupiyupigumgum
11-29-12, 10:38 PM
Congrats to all the winners. Have fun with the gems .and watch out for the gems trap. Okay :cool:

nmishii
11-29-12, 10:44 PM
Congratulations to the winners!!!

benbever
12-02-12, 06:21 PM
83,322 players participated? That's a lot. I knew that most players were not on the forums.
With 903,666 Landscaping Luxuries Contracts, that means players did about 11 of them for the contest.
I did about 90 of them.. that means I had a chance of 1/(903666/90) = 1/10000 of winning.

threeway5
12-02-12, 08:46 PM
Can we get the StormID's for the winners???

I would love to have them as a Neighbor so I can stop by and see how they decide to spend the Gems!!!

andy16800
12-03-12, 05:18 PM
Plz add me : andy16800 thanks

chencuocity
12-03-12, 05:25 PM
Add me I'd:chencuocity. Thx