PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event Crazy for Chocolate Cake! - Win 1,000 Gems!

[S8] Regina
11-21-12, 12:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CCAyD.png

Need some extra Gems to keep your Bakery well-stocked over the holidays? Join us in a sweepstake to show off your baking power!

Contest and Rules:
Starts: Wednesday, November 21st at 12pm PST
Ends: Monday, November 26th at 12pm PST

- Serve as many Chocolate Cake you can!
- This item is available in the Basic Oven or any variation of it.
- Serving Chocolate Cake means moving it from your Oven to the Counters. Your customers do not need to consume it.
- 10 players will win 1,000 Gems for Bakery Story (https://www.facebook.com/bakerystory)!

You can participate in this sweepstake through any version on any device:
Bakery Story for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id400506026)
Bakery Story: Halloween for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id464468012)
Bakery Story for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.bakerystory)
Bakery Story: Thanksgiving for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.bakerystory17)
Bakery Story for Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Bakery-Story/dp/B006OCM13M)
Bakery Story: Halloween for Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Bakery-Story-Halloween/dp/B009OYOASG)
Bakery Story: Thanksgiving for Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Bakery-Story-Thanksgiving/dp/B00A7ICO7C)

**Click here (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com) for information on Timezone Conversion**

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/5Tki3.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Bakeries below:

CoffeeChocolate
Rachel
Pobzeb
Wawa
sweetie cakes
JK's Sweets
Minnie's Sweetz
chef
Blueberry
leannes cafe

Each of them has won 1,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we sliced and served up all of these Chocolate Cakes for ourselves! We hope you liked this format a little bit better than the previous Peach Cobbler Bake-off. Keep your feedback coming on how we can further improve future in-game contests for Bakery Story (www.facebook.com/bakerystory) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

The cake is not a lie! And here's some fun facts to back it up:

664,845 players participated!
19,410,247 Chocolate Cakes popped out of the ovens!
6,793,586,450 plates of Chocolate Cake were served!
2,696 Chocolate Cakes were being started every MINUTE!

oreo42709
11-21-12, 12:37 PM
Why is it top 10 again? The same 10 that just won Will win again

LadyShaggy
11-21-12, 12:39 PM
Hey I have a question, will the winners of the peach cobbler bake off be able to enter this contest to?? And the notice of the contest didnt pop up until a few hours later.. On the other hand I'm excited!! ��

Baraze
11-21-12, 12:46 PM
I knew it!!!!! Thanks TL, gosh I hope to have a good outcome.

hotwingzz
11-21-12, 12:55 PM
Ty for telling us sooner than last time

Baraze
11-21-12, 12:56 PM
I have a question for the fashion game. Do we have to order all four parts of the catalog?

tabrett
11-21-12, 01:00 PM
I want to try this, but I think it would only be fair if the last 10 players who won wouldn't be able to win this one. I think it would be fair for example if you have already been in the top 10 in the month of November, then you can't win another competition until the next month. This way it gives more people a better chance.

FrozenTurtle
11-21-12, 01:05 PM
Why is it top 10 again? The same 10 that just won Will win again

Sorry for the confusion! 10 players will be selected to win 1,000 gems. The post has been updated to reflect the actual rules.

AnnirasSweets
11-21-12, 01:06 PM
The way I'm reading the rules isn't that the TOP ten will win, just that ten will win. If I understand correctly, anyone that serves Chocolate Cake between now and then will be entered in the contest. It sounds like the more cake you serve, the more chances you have to win, not that the top 10 will win like the Cobbler Bake Off.

misteedance
11-21-12, 01:10 PM
Sorry for the confusion! 10 players will be selected to win 1,000 gems. The post has been updated to reflect the actual rules.

So please help me to understand in dragon it tells u how many entrees u get. So is it 1 entree per serving. For your name to be entered in the sweepstakes.

chewytwix
11-21-12, 01:12 PM
REALLY? thanks TL! this one is better, but wednesday to monday will be exhausting....

gaclack
11-21-12, 01:14 PM
A nice compromise, I think. Fortunately I have the time... or at least I think. :P

lola1190
11-21-12, 01:14 PM
This is exciting!! Definitely having a go at this one...good luck everyone :-)

saucysammis
11-21-12, 01:15 PM
Awesome! Mahalo TeamLava! I'm baking!

tabrett
11-21-12, 01:17 PM
ahh ok i understand...this sounds much better! :)

oreo42709
11-21-12, 01:25 PM

Thank you for clearing that up!! (: how exciting

bigbux3
11-21-12, 01:27 PM

But if there's more than 10 winners with the same amount served, what happens?

device2
11-21-12, 01:35 PM
Ty for telling us sooner than last time

Did they tell us sooner? Didn't the contest start already? Or am I reading it wrong. I think we got NO notice again.

sweetbeginings003
11-21-12, 01:39 PM
This shall be very interesting since all games have a contest going on at the same time LOL :p I play BS, RS and FS and I'm already exhausted just thinking about it :(

device2
11-21-12, 01:40 PM
I have a question ... what about Chocolate Cake that was gifted from a neighbor? Does that give us an entry?

ladiiglam
11-21-12, 01:52 PM
Did they tell us sooner? Didn't the contest start already? Or am I reading it wrong. I think we got NO notice again.

Yes the contest has started already, but just restart the app & start it again, I tried it & it showed up the notice of the contest

MHz_
11-21-12, 01:58 PM

We tried to get this into the game as fast as possible. With contests running in over 10 games this time, we just didn't get the announcement out as fast as we planned. Please accept my apologies for not being able to get it out sooner.

MHz_
11-21-12, 01:59 PM
I have a question ... what about Chocolate Cake that was gifted from a neighbor? Does that give us an entry?

No it does not. You need to make it yourself :)

device2
11-21-12, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the answers and thanks for making the contest a raffle.

But, I still won't be participating. I might make one or two batches, but I'm not gonna go crazy cooking Chocolate Cake. My food sells so slowly, i dont want to lose profits by selling Chocolate Cake for 2 coins a plate.

CoolesTCityEverr
11-21-12, 02:12 PM
I have a question for the fashion game. Do we have to order all four parts of the catalog?

Hello :D Yes I had the same question too.

If someone can
Explain that'd be great Thanks In Advanced.

device2
11-21-12, 02:19 PM
Oopps... I hit the "post" button too soon. I also wanted to say ...

I am grateful for the improvements to the contest. Thank-you. And although I tried to discourage my fellow players from participating in the last contest... I would encourage EVERYONE who wants to play this one. I can see the fun in the contest this time.

The only thing I would say to everyone is ... Please remember you're odds of winning are VERY small. Lots of people play Bakery Story. But good luck if you want to try:)

This contest isnt for me ... Im just not a gambler:)

cherokee329
11-21-12, 02:20 PM
I'm not going to take food off my ovens that won't be done till tomorrow which will loose profits to bake cake. I'll pass this time. A notice beforehand of future contests will be nice. Thanks

alanasgoodies
11-21-12, 02:22 PM
Selected how ? What is the criteria for being selected ?

cakeandpie
11-21-12, 02:22 PM
I'm glad this one's raffle style! That means any of us have a chance, even if we haven't purchased extra appliance slots. There's no way to compete with the "superusers" who have paid untold amounts of money for countless slots, otherwise. So I'm really glad we all have a chance. Thanks, TL!

hotwingzz
11-21-12, 02:34 PM
I did get mine sooner this time than last time so for me it was sooner than last time.

rebekah1595
11-21-12, 02:36 PM
I agree with you 1000% on this...I sas just having this discussion with one of my nbrs abt this &I wuld hope tht TL makes it fair for everyone to win...1 of the winners I just passed by his place & he has like 100 ovens...if he's allowed 2 enter again he's def winning again!

I want to try this, but I think it would only be fair if the last 10 players who won wouldn't be able to win this one. I think it would be fair for example if you have already been in the top 10 in the month of November, then you can't win another competition until the next month. This way it gives more people a better chance.

mixxed
11-21-12, 02:38 PM
Considering how many forum users said they set their alarms every 3 hours to wake up. I wonder how many will wake up every hour for the next few days lol

device2
11-21-12, 03:13 PM
What are the odds of winning in the new Chocolate Cake "raffle" contest ?

A poll won't help to answer the question this time. But I wanted to give the players a realistic view of this contest too.

I think I found a way to give us an idea of the chances of winning this contest. By using the numbers that TL provided from the Cobbler Bake-off, I was able to make an estimated "odds-of-winning". Some factors are un-predicatable, like... how many people will participate and how many cakes they will bake. So this is only an educated guess, based on the results from the last contest. I also have three children running around like nuts as I'm typing this, so if my math is off or my logic is flawed ... please let me know:).

Here are the numbers that TL gave us from the last contest....

375,749 players participated!
8,209,422 Peach Cobblers were cooked!

Which means the average player cooked 22 peach cobblers. If the last contest had been a raffle... each person would have had an average of 22 entries into the raffle.

if it had been a raffle ...the average players odds would have been 1 in 373,166. Or a 0.0000026% chance of winning ... That's a lot of zeros if you ask me !!!

To compair this to real life lotto/raffles ... Your odds of winning a thousand dollars (REAL money) in the lotto are higher than winning the BS raffle :(

I'm not trying to sway anyone either way... Please feel free to chose for yourself. Its just nice to make informed decisions.

chewytwix
11-21-12, 03:18 PM
What are the odds of winning in the new Chocolate Cake "raffle" contest ?

A poll won't help to answer the question this time. But I wanted to give the players a realistic view of this contest too.

I think I found a way to give us an idea of the chances of winning this contest. By using the numbers that TL provided from the Cobbler Bake-off, I was able to make an estimated "odds-of-winning". Some factors are un-predicatable, like... how many people will participate and how many cakes they will bake. So this is only an educated guess, based on the results from the last contest. I also have three children running around like nuts as I'm typing this, so if my math is off or my logic is flawed ... please let me know:).

Here are the numbers that TL gave us from the last contest....

375,749 players participated!
8,209,422 Peach Cobblers were cooked!

Which means the average player cooked 22 peach cobblers. If the last contest had been a raffle... each person would have had an average of 22 entries into the raffle.

if it had been a raffle ...the average players odds would have been 1 in 373,166. Or a 0.0000026% chance of winning ... That's a lot of zeros if you ask me !!!

To compair this to real life lotto/raffles ... Your odds of winning a thousand dollars (REAL money) in the lotto are higher than winning the BS raffle :(

I'm not trying to sway anyone either way... Please feel free to chose for yourself. Its just nice to make informed decisions.

But this is TL's version of a jackpot. In real life, 1 in 373,166 is pretty good for a jackpot lotto. If this is a raffle, this is still very generous (yet strictly business for them) offer for us. I think you're right that the odds are small, but it'd be realistic still to think we won't win and not to wake up every hour for this....

sourlicorice5
11-21-12, 04:14 PM
Thank. For making it a raffle and not the top ten serves :-) won't be able to play during the day as have to go to work but when I'm home I'll get baking away :-)

chewytwix
11-21-12, 04:29 PM
how many servings do you guys have now?

bchanelmusic
11-21-12, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure I understand how this contest is any better, but I could be wrong. Last time, it was who made the most. This time it's a raffle, but how does this raffle work?

Is it that one serving = 1 entry into raffle? If so, this contest is still geared toward those who can afford to have 100+ ovens.
Is it that you pick randomly from a top percentage? If so, this contest is still geared toward those who can afford to have 100+ ovens.

What I really want to know is the odds of us who have 18 ovens, give or take, in actually winning this contest? I think these contests are a great idea, it just seems the fairness aspect has not been worked out.

dalula
11-21-12, 05:15 PM
Do we have to sell the cakes? Or can it just be baked and laid on a counter?

bchanelmusic
11-21-12, 05:16 PM
but if the more cakes you serve, the more changes you have to win, the people with more ovens will serve more cake, and have more chances to win. This still seems geared toward those with more ovens. Not purposefully however.

alanasgoodies
11-21-12, 05:22 PM

This had still not been answered :-/

alanasgoodies
11-21-12, 05:24 PM
Sorry has not

mom9375
11-21-12, 05:30 PM
Who can actually change over the cakes every hour on the hour someone would have to be crazy or be on the game 24 hours a day to win this one

nia0079
11-21-12, 05:45 PM
Cheezuz! TL doesn't want us to sleep over the holiday weekend!

Good luck everyone!!!

I wanna eat some chocolate cake right now....

nia0079
11-21-12, 05:46 PM
(I'm barely recovered from the cobbler contest....)

kooky panda
11-21-12, 05:48 PM

To clarify, this is a Raffle. Each one you serve counts as an entry in the raffle from which the winners are randomly drawn.

22Petshop
11-21-12, 05:48 PM
Perhaps Team Lava should make a rule that if you win a contest, you cannot win another for 30 days. That would take the high level bakeries out of this contest and give everyone else a chance. Even though you could say our chances are better since this is a raffle, they still have MUCH better odds of winning since they can crank out 100+ cakes an hour for everyone else's 10-20 ish. It just kinda rubs me the wrong way that they would even try to win this again, I mean really?? Kinda greedy if you ask me.

bchanelmusic
11-21-12, 06:06 PM
To clarify, this is a Raffle. Each one you serve counts as an entry in the raffle from which the winners are randomly drawn.

This seems just as unfair as the first contest. If one serving = one entry then in just ONE hour, assuming both work as diligently, someone with 18 ovens has 18 entries and someone with 100 ovens has 100 entries. Carries these figures out to the entirety of the contest, the 100 oven person has much higher odds than the 18.

If I put my name in a fishbowl 18 times and someone else does 100 , the odds of me being selected are very low. This is what is going on with this contest

Please explain to me if I am missing something here about how this contest is more fair than the last.

alanasgoodies
11-21-12, 06:14 PM
This seems just as unfair as the first contest. If one serving = one entry then in just ONE hour, assuming both work as diligently, someone with 18 ovens has 18 entries and someone with 100 ovens has 100 entries. Carries these figures out to the entirety of the contest, the 100 oven person has much higher odds than the 18.

If I put my name in a fishbowl 18 times and someone else does 100 , the odds of me being selected are very low. This is what is going on with this contest

Please explain to me if I am missing something here about how this contest is more fair than the last.

I second this request. You are correct !

device2
11-21-12, 07:29 PM
I hope the same people win again :) OMG that would be SO FUNNY !!! TL could have a new contest every week and and the same people could win every time !

I can't wait until Monday (or whatever day this contest ends) ... if its the same names again ... I'm going die laughing :).

GiaSophia
11-21-12, 07:42 PM
Well anyway they make these contests, according to most players it will always be unfair. Just bake the cake or not. As for me I will bake my chocolate cake every hour during the day with my 10 ovens. At least I will get those entries into the contest. I won't have sleepless nights and I will make my turkey, ham and everything good and delicious that goes with it tmrw. I would make a real chocolate cake to eat but I already got my pumpkin pie. (I am no super baker in real life. =•) So good luck to all the bakers and myself.

ofthemorning
11-21-12, 07:54 PM
This contest is better than the last one because at least even if you have a small number of ovens you still have a chance at winning. Yes, the odds are better for the 10 super bakeries, but unlike the last contest, I don't think anyone had a chance besides those bakeries.

cleodux
11-21-12, 08:21 PM
for those who did the peach cobbler contest lol. We have of even recovery yet. Now is every 1 hour baking. Hmmm... I need my life back. So I will not joining this time. I think Dragon Story has a higher chance for me since everybody only have 1 breeding den lol.

cleodux
11-21-12, 08:22 PM
We have not even recover yet. Omg auto correct sucks.

bellamimi95
11-21-12, 09:12 PM
this is great! i appreciate that you listened to us about the last competition. this is wonderful! thanks TL <3

SARAHNESS
11-21-12, 09:15 PM
@teamlava do you have to serve it to ur customers or can you just leave them??

bellamimi95
11-21-12, 09:16 PM
@sarahness you just need to move it from your oven to the counter!

gail66
11-21-12, 09:33 PM
I wonder if the list off winners for this will be the same as the peach cobbler ????

sweetstuff525
11-21-12, 09:37 PM
Good luck to all those participating.... Please don neglect thanksgiving family for this contest and please don't loose any sleep

Remember it's a raffle so you still gave a chance if you don't cook 24/7

ashrb
11-21-12, 10:20 PM
The concept for this contest is muuuuch better! Praise baby Jesus it's a raffle because I've been baking all day like a mad woman for thanksgiving and going on bakery story in my free time to bake chocolate cakes every hour lol

xoxjenn
11-21-12, 10:35 PM
Yay! I am so glad I can actually participate in this one & even though I have a SLIM chance... at least I have a CHANCE!

FrozenTurtle
11-21-12, 11:08 PM

Each time you serve Chocolate Cake from the oven to the counter, you will receive an "entry" into the contest. At the end of the contest, 10 random entries will be selected and those players will receive 1,000 Gems. The more Chocolate Cake you serve, the better chance you have to win! However, this does mean that everyone who participates does have a chance to win--no matter how few ovens they may have.

rayen23
11-22-12, 01:30 AM
I like this contest better than the cobbler one......so that the same 10 don't win I don't bother to win bcus I believe I am not lucky enough...lol....but I still try like crazy

rayen23
11-22-12, 01:31 AM
Good luck to all those participating.... Please don neglect thanksgiving family for this contest and please don't loose any sleep

Remember it's a raffle so you still gave a chance if you don't cook 24/7
That is such a sweet msg for all I liked it

vespa99
11-22-12, 01:51 AM
i dont believe i win as i have only 14 owens.. :(

creamypuff
11-22-12, 03:00 AM

The fact of the matter is, there are very very few contests that are 100% agreeable as "fair" to everyone. If you buy a raffle ticket for $10 for free groceries for a year, and some guy comes up behind you and buys five, then that's just how it goes. Look at the Lotto or Mega Millions. Sure, I buy a ticket and pray I'll win but I guarantee you, tens of thousands of people spend WAY more than a couple bucks a month. Having a contest, or "sweepstakes" if you will, that is 100% agreeable as 100% fair by 100% of people just isn't gonna happen. Thank you TL for listening to us and giving us all the opportunity to win.

jusey
11-22-12, 03:18 AM
it WILL be the same 10 who wins this... its not fair :(

creamypuff
11-22-12, 03:54 AM
it WILL be the same 10 who wins this... its not fair :(

It's not the top ten people who bake the most this time though. Lets wait and see if it does tip the scales their way or not. Someone could win by baking one cake, you never know.

marrrina
11-22-12, 05:36 AM
Of the 20 neighbors who gifted me (they're the first people I visit each day) NO ONE is making chocolate cake. I wonder if it's because people feel deterred by the super bakeries and restaurants out there that they feel they don't stand a chance, or because the wording on the announcement doesn't make it clear that this is raffle style. After all a lot of people needed verification on that aspect of the contest via the forum.

Ernasis
11-22-12, 06:06 AM
I do not play everyday and probably I will not win! My bakery has only five ovens (I play with my 5-year-old sister), but it's a raffle anyway! I'll have less entries than someone that bakes 100 Chocolate Cakes at once, but... All I need is luck. If I do not win, at least I'll have lots of food and my sister won't bother me "WE'RE WITHOUT FOOD, SIS!" Good luck for all participants! :D

gizzymobaby
11-22-12, 07:37 AM
Thank you for listening to us! It's now a contest even the newest players could win :) <3

bchanelmusic
11-22-12, 07:45 AM
The fact of the matter is, there are very very few contests that are 100% agreeable as "fair" to everyone. If you buy a raffle ticket for $10 for free groceries for a year, and some guy comes up behind you and buys five, then that's just how it goes. Look at the Lotto or Mega Millions. Sure, I buy a ticket and pray I'll win but I guarantee you, tens of thousands of people spend WAY more than a couple bucks a month. Having a contest, or "sweepstakes" if you will, that is 100% agreeable as 100% fair by 100% of people just isn't gonna happen. Thank you TL for listening to us and giving us all the opportunity to win.

While I respect everything you said and people who agree with you, I simply do not have the "it's not fair but that's the way it is" attitude about things. As you've said there are very,very few contests that are going to be 100% agreeable as "fair" to everyone, I agree with this. However, in that statement you've also acknowledged that there are some ways, and we should find them and use them. One example, that I read on these forums and think is a great idea, is to tier the contest. Have brackets of winners: Most in the 1-10 oven category, then the 11-29 category, and so forth and so one. That way people with lesser amounts of ovens are competing against others just like them, and the same for people with more. Everyone in this case will actually have a more fair chance at winning.

You can't really tier the lottery I guess, so no luck for megamillions outcomes ;).

device2
11-22-12, 09:03 AM
I simply do not have the "it's not fair but that's the way it is" attitude about things.

I try not to use the phrase "it's not fair", but that is one way of looking at it. Instead I see it this way ... The odds of winning this contest are extremely small.

But what can we do about it? The odds of winning would be very small no matter what !!! Even if there weren't "super-bakeries". There are hundreds of thousands (or more) of Bakery Story players and only 10 prizes.

TEAM LAVA : I would suggest giving smaller prizes to more winners. So we have better odds of us or our neighbors winning... I would love to see one of my neighbors win. Or giving a very small participation prize to everyone who cooks 1,000 Chocolate Cakes. I don't think people are going to stay excited about these contests if they keep getting NOTHING for all their effort.

..... SMALLER PRIZES .... MORE WINNERS .... PARTICIPATION PRIZE ....

jusey
11-22-12, 09:05 AM
i do see now i read it wrong... So it actually doesn't matter how many you bake. if you bake 1 or 10.000 It will be randomly picked out who will win???

device2
11-22-12, 09:18 AM
i do see now i read it wrong... So it actually doesn't matter how many you bake. if you bake 1 or 10.000 It will be randomly picked out who will win???

Here's how a raffle works....

Lets say, at the end of the contest, a GRAND TOTAL of 1,000,000 Chocolate Cakes are baked by ALL participants...

On Monday, Team Lava will draw 10 winners from those 1,000,000 entries (it's a Radom drawing). For each cake you bake you get one entry.

So...

If you bake 1 chocolate cake ...... You have 1 chance in 1,000,000 of winning
If you bake 1,000 chocolate cakes you have 1,000 chances out of 1,000,000 entries.

Every cake you bake puts your names in the "pool" another time. The more times your name is entered... The better odds that your name will be drawn.

Does that make sense?

jusey
11-22-12, 09:20 AM
Aaarh ok. I get it now. Thank you for explaining it.

bchanelmusic
11-22-12, 09:30 AM
I try not to use the phrase "it's not fair", but that is one way of looking at it. Instead I see it this way ... The odds of winning this contest are extremely small.

But what can we do about it? The odds of winning would be very small no matter what !!! Even if there weren't "super-bakeries". There are hundreds of thousands (or more) of Bakery Story players and only 10 prizes.

TEAM LAVA : I would suggest giving smaller prizes to more winners. So we have better odds of us or our neighbors winning... I would love to see one of my neighbors win. Or giving a very small participation prize to everyone who cooks 1,000 Chocolate Cakes. I don't think people are going to stay excited about these contests if they keep getting NOTHING for all their effort.

Yeah. You're right. I do like your ideas too!

GroovyRuss
11-22-12, 09:34 AM
Who can actually change over the cakes every hour on the hour someone would have to be crazy or be on the game 24 hours a day to win this one

it is why i am not doing it lol 3 hours was tuff enough but every hour? No thanks lol

GroovyRuss
11-22-12, 09:36 AM
Perhaps Team Lava should make a rule that if you win a contest, you cannot win another for 30 days. That would take the high level bakeries out of this contest and give everyone else a chance. Even though you could say our chances are better since this is a raffle, they still have MUCH better odds of winning since they can crank out 100+ cakes an hour for everyone else's 10-20 ish. It just kinda rubs me the wrong way that they would even try to win this again, I mean really?? Kinda greedy if you ask me.

totally agree. It spreads the love more evenly :D

jusey
11-22-12, 09:42 AM

I totally agree with you!

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 01:44 PM
We tried to get this into the game as fast as possible. With contests running in over 10 games this time, we just didn't get the announcement out as fast as we planned. Please accept my apologies for not being able to get it out sooner.

Do time differences between countries have any effect? The later you get the announcement , the later you begin

marrrina
11-22-12, 02:16 PM
Do time differences between countries have any effect? The later you get the announcement , the later you begin

The time is the same for everyone, it doesn't matter what country you're in. It starts and ends at the same time for everyone. Once they get around to actually announcing contests in advance I think that'll help level the playing field across time zones a bit better.

amentofashion
11-22-12, 03:15 PM

TL should read this, I agree

FildariaGameID
11-22-12, 06:59 PM
I really hope Team Lava has RULES in place for this bake off ...
Just like ALL other companies that have contests ... there should be a rule in place that ... PREVIOUS WINNERS CAN NOT WIN AGAIN FOR 30 DAYS ...
else ... why would anyone even try ... since the ones that won the cobbler contest were players with over 100 appliances ... and some with over 150 appliances.

Sadly, I posted on one winners wall, that "I think it would be unfair for him to win again" ... and his poorly sarcastic reply was ... "If I spent all this new money to unlock the ovens, I should be able to win every time."
I have spent lots of real money on these games ...
so he continued with another sarcastic reply ... "people that spend the money to play should be rewarded for it" ... and "good luck with complaints because I'm going to win again"

WOW ... Team Lava ... if you let this happen ... no one will even try ... why should they???

FildariaGameID
11-22-12, 07:09 PM
but the same 10 people that just won ... should be omitted from the raffle ... make a rule that you can only win ONE TIME in a 30 day period.

bubsnpzai
11-22-12, 07:31 PM
I hope the same people win again :) OMG that would be SO FUNNY !!! TL could have a new contest every week and and the same people could win every time !

I can't wait until Monday (or whatever day this contest ends) ... if its the same names again ... I'm going die laughing :).

Methinks the same way and you got me LMAO already!! I did bake peach cobblers the last round but not with the intention to try to win; I was trying to master the recipe till level 4 and I stopped after achieving my second gem cos I knew I'd NO chance against ridiculously "formidable" players. So this time, I was not even gonna bother. But since it has been clarified that it is a raffle style contest, I might try if I have some time...but definitely not gonna be fanatic about it since I have ready mastered choc cakes yonks ago. Not relishing the thought of thousands of choc cakes sitting on those "snail" counters. Of course, I could always clear the counters but I prefer not to throw the dishes away as I simply dislike that wasteful thought. :)

bubsnpzai
11-22-12, 07:38 PM

Lets say, at the end of the contest, a GRAND TOTAL of 1,000,000 Chocolate Cakes are baked by ALL participants...

On Monday, Team Lava will draw 10 winners from those 1,000,000 entries (it's a Radom drawing). For each cake you bake you get one entry.

So...

If you bake 1,000 chocolate cakes you have 1,000 chances out of 1,000,000 entries.

Every cake you bake puts your names in the "pool" another time. The more times your name is entered... The better odds that your name will be drawn.

Does that make sense?

This TOTALLY makes sense and that's why I'm not really excited about this contest at all. Chances of winning are really so slim! TL should give a bigger spread of rewards like say 100 gems to 100 participants. Why give a ridiculous 1000 gems to only 10? In the end, they still only dole out 10,000 gems but with the latter reward of prizes, they'd keep the majority of players happy and HOPEFUL and more importantly, get people who are not particularly excited about the whole thing (like moi) keen in participating! :)

device2
11-22-12, 07:42 PM
"good luck with complaints because I'm going to win again"

Bwahaha ... I love it !!! I hope he does win again.

I'm not upset with the super bakeries because ....
1. They have the right to play, same as anyone else
2. They have the option to buy more appliances, same as EVERYONE ELSE
3. They didn't make the rules of the contest, TL did. If you don't like the rules tell TL not the super-bakeries
4. Anyone who wants them to VOLUNTARILY not participate so YOU can win. What if I asked you to do the same thing... Would you quit, so I could win. Would you expect everyone else to quit so I could win.

I don't like this contest either... But please STOP being mean to other players, including the "super-bakeries". There is no reason for it ... they are PEOPLE !!! You are squabbling over pretend gems !

FildariaGameID
11-22-12, 08:35 PM
YOU totally misread the entire post! It WAS a post to Team Lava and general statement about the previous winners.

3. They didn't make the rules of the contest, TL did. If you don't like the rules tell TL not the super-bakeries
4. Anyone who wants them to VOLUNTARILY not participate so YOU can win. What if I asked you to do the same thing... Would you quit, so I could win. Would you expect everyone else to quit so I could win.

I don't like this contest either... But please STOP being mean to other players, including the "super-bakeries". There is no reason for it ... they are PEOPLE !!! You are squabbling over pretend gems !

ashrb
11-22-12, 08:56 PM

I don't see how anyone is being mean to 'super bakeries'? People were upset over the contest because they felt it was unfair, so they expressed their feelings/opinions. Simple as that. No one is 'squabbling over fake gems' they're letting TL know how they feel or think. Not everyone is going to be positive and praise TL or the winners of that contest and the least you can do is respect people are going to think and feel differently to you and move on rather than saying were all squabbling. And as far as I know, there was an entire thread of people letting TL know how they felt about the rules.*

device2
11-22-12, 09:05 PM
I don't see how anyone is being mean to 'super bakeries'?

Not you, or even anyone in this thread. I visited them and read their walls. People are calling them names and writing mean things on their walls.

device2
11-22-12, 09:06 PM
YOU totally misread the entire post! It WAS a post to Team Lava and general statement about the previous winners.

Not what was in your post... the conversation that you had with him in the game.

device2
11-22-12, 09:13 PM
Oh and one more thing... to everyone who wants the winners to be excluded from winning again...

Even if they did, I dont think it's going to change anything. There are more bakeries with over 100 appliances (other than the 10 winners of the last contest). I've seen 2 more. I'm sure there are others.

Leahjean1977
11-23-12, 01:53 AM
So funny! I played the first contest buying turkey ovens and baking pear cobblers! Haha! I don't even like pear ??

Leahjean1977
11-23-12, 02:00 AM
But i laa me sum choco cake!

ShelesSweets
11-23-12, 02:13 AM
There's no point in competing if you don't have more than the max number of ovens you can purchase without buying more with gems. These contests are merely to reward those people who purchase a lot of gems. Why not give 100 people 100 gems? The same people will win these contests over and over again. It also isn't a fair game because it isn't announced a day in advance. If you open your game for the first time the day after the contest began you don't stand a chance.

cast1532
11-23-12, 02:37 AM
Everybody understands that TL will pick the top 10 winners randomly, right?

xoxjenn
11-23-12, 02:51 AM
There's no point in competing if you don't have more than the max number of ovens you can purchase without buying more with gems. These contests are merely to reward those people who purchase a lot of gems. Why not give 100 people 100 gems? The same people will win these contests over and over again. It also isn't a fair game because it isn't announced a day in advance. If you open your game for the first time the day after the contest began you don't stand a chance.

They said this one is 10 random winners that participate. For each cake you make is an entry into the "lottery"... that is how I understood it anyways.

xoxjenn
11-23-12, 02:53 AM

So...

Does that make sense?

Here is a better explanation. :p

yupiyupigumgum
11-23-12, 05:25 AM
Guys.....guys.....while you're discussing this hot issue, don't forget to take the cakes out of the ovens, okay?! I've cooked fly cakes few times instead of chocolate because I was too hooked up with this topic.

jannywanny86
11-23-12, 07:09 AM
1 hr food r annoying can't get to Play every hr lol yes lovely fly chocolate btw how long is it b4 they go off?

MuffinTopsK
11-23-12, 08:01 AM
1 hr food r annoying can't get to Play every hr lol yes lovely fly chocolate btw how long is it b4 they go off?

I've heard it takes as long to go off as it does to bake. So chocolate cake will mould and fly an hour after the baking is finished. Peach cobbler was 3 hours. So you have 2 hours from putting it on the oven to it being rotten. Does that make sense?

teamedwardgirl101010
11-23-12, 09:50 AM
I see the deadline has changed from friday to monday.
On the other hand, I now realize it says starts WEDNESDAY (yesterday) I wasn't paying any attention to that, only that it ended on friday (now monday) so, i was baking before it even actually started!! Hehe cx

teamedwardgirl101010
11-23-12, 10:40 AM
Since the pop up in the game when you first go on it says ''the more cakes you bake, the more chances you have of winning'', I think each cake you bake is sort of an entry into a little ''box'', and I think that Teamlava may be doing a drawing this time..? I don't know. I don't think thats fair because, whichever 10 people wins, may not be the 10 who baked the most cakes..

FrozenTurtle
11-23-12, 10:49 AM

I understand that the so-called "Super Bakeries" may have an advantage in this type of contest. However, you should remember that the Peach Cobbler Bake-off had a total of 375,749 participants. Considering this contest is more open to all levels of players and over a longer period, you can probably assume there will be more participants. In the grand scheme of things, any of these "Super Bakeries" will have comparatively similar odds as any other player. Good luck!

I see the deadline has changed from friday to monday.
On the other hand, I now realize it says starts WEDNESDAY (yesterday) I wasn't paying any attention to that, only that it ended on friday (now monday) so, i was baking before it even actually started!! Hehe cx

Where did you read that it ended on Friday? The messaging should have always said Monday.

Since the pop up in the game when you first go on it says ''the more cakes you bake, the more chances you have of winning'', I think each cake you bake is sort of an entry into a little ''box'', and I think that Teamlava may be doing a drawing this time..? I don't know. I don't think thats fair because, whichever 10 people wins, may not be the 10 who baked the most cakes..

This was the point in changing the format. It allows all of the regular players a chance to participate and possibly win!

Tinkiebee
11-23-12, 11:05 AM
As usual those with the most ovens will win, leaves everyone else out. Nice "contest"
It's not a fair playing field for anyone but the top levels.

Not going to ever bother with any of their contest again, unless they can make them fair for all levels.
One would have thought, they would have considered the fairness of the contest to begin with.

MuffinTopsK
11-23-12, 11:56 AM
All those thinking this round is unfair maybe could come up with suggestions? Other than segmenting specific oven numbers I can't think of anything that would be more fair than the raffle style entry. Particularly on an item that takes an hour and, I think, goes off an hour after baking. Those with 100 ovens must be constantly in the app :0)

It was the suggestions from the cobbler bake off that created these rules so maybe just needs a few more ideas to tweak again. Don't forget TL are dealing with bakeries that have between single figures up to triple figures. How do you think the rules can be equally fair for all?

gaclack
11-23-12, 01:10 PM
All those thinking this round is unfair maybe could come up with suggestions? Other than segmenting specific oven numbers I can't think of anything that would be more fair than the raffle style entry. Particularly on an item that takes an hour and, I think, goes off an hour after baking. Those with 100 ovens must be constantly in the app :0)

It was the suggestions from the cobbler bake off that created these rules so maybe just needs a few more ideas to tweak again. Don't forget TL are dealing with bakeries that have between single figures up to triple figures. How do you think the rules can be equally fair for all?
That's what I was thinking. It is probably more annoying to set/serve for super bakeries the smaller the baking time is.

RoseMeyer
11-23-12, 01:20 PM
I suppose a variety of contests would be a good idea. Some can be based on most served, some can be random drawings and every so often, a ONE ENTRY PER BAKERY contest could give everybody one chance to win--seems pretty boring tho.. Course One Entry per Customer will cause the superbakeries to complain that they should get more chances.....

marrrina
11-23-12, 02:23 PM
One idea is to just try to bake x amount of products in x amount of time. A much shorter time frame, and more winners are possible. The prize would probably be lower since the potential to succeed is higher but big deal. I'm sure people would welcome any amount of free gems.

coolio275
11-23-12, 03:13 PM
While I respect everything you said and people who agree with you, I simply do not have the "it's not fair but that's the way it is" attitude about things. As you've said there are very,very few contests that are going to be 100% agreeable as "fair" to everyone, I agree with this. However, in that statement you've also acknowledged that there are some ways, and we should find them and use them. One example, that I read on these forums and think is a great idea, is to tier the contest. Have brackets of winners: Most in the 1-10 oven category, then the 11-29 category, and so forth and so one. That way people with lesser amounts of ovens are competing against others just like them, and the same for people with more. Everyone in this case will actually have a more fair chance at winning.

You can't really tier the lottery I guess, so no luck for megamillions outcomes ;).

TeamLava needs to find a way to do this. If they can see how many ovens everyone has, they can split us into groups and then the contest can go from there. That way the superbakers can face the superbakers, people with less ovens can face people with less ovens. Then they should make it like the cobbler competition where its like top 3 from each tier wins like 800 gems or something.

karfor
11-23-12, 03:34 PM
As usual those with the most ovens will win, leaves everyone else out. Nice "contest"
It's not a fair playing field for anyone but the top levels.

Not going to ever bother with any of their contest again, unless they can make them fair for all levels.
One would have thought, they would have considered the fairness of the contest to begin with.

The odds of winning this is like winning the lottery. The person who buys the most tickets doesn't necessarily win, however your odds are increased. I but the lotto and intend to enter this contest. As they say "You have to be in it to win it". To those not entering, thank you. You have increased my odds of winning. People stop taking everything so seriously it's a contest in a game. Give your suggestions and move on. Good Luck to all. : )

marrrina
11-23-12, 04:40 PM
I give up. And it has nothing to do with the debated fairness of it all. I just can't stand to make nothing but chocolate cake for another 3 days :)

mimihaziq
11-24-12, 09:07 AM
I accidentally pressed 'Clear' for my chocolate cakes that I have been baking for this comtest. Will they still be counted in the entries or not anymore?? :confused:

MuffinTopsK
11-24-12, 02:44 PM
If they were served to a counter I believe that's all you needed to do. I'm sure it's all ok.

formom2012
11-24-12, 04:57 PM
Did not even try to participate in any of the contests for the following reasons. 1. After all the great suggestions team lava choose to ignore them and run the contest the same way as the cobbler contest. 2. There is no way with the rules or lack of rules i should say that you would win unless you were a super bakery. Unless all the super bakeries and people with 50 plus oven sat out contest. Ummmmmm very unlikely. 3. The advanced notice time was not any longer than the previous contest ....again showing total lack of respect for many players ideas on how to be more fair across the board. 4.i did participate in first one got up even at night every three hours to play . I only had thirteen ovens but figured even if a level 99 had max ovens of like 19 - 20 there still might be slight chance wouldnt get up around clock or may not participate. In all the time i played the game i have never seen or heard about a super bakery until halfway thru contest when read here on the boards. It was fun until saw that a new there was no way most of us had a chance to win unless we had these ridiculous amounts of stoves to cook on that most of us cant afford to buy even if we wanted too. 5. Once found out about super bs and rs and fs ect. They exist in all the games. What fun is it to participate in contest that is skewed for these type of places. Its not? It takes the wind out of your sails before even starting. 6. It seems they just rushed to put all these new contest together at last minute d/t holiday weekend. Without even trying to take time spend a week tweek it look at all the good suggestions then put a contest out. They must have made alot of money on gems people buying ovens and speeding up cooking times. Only reason i can think of the rush job just to repeat the same unfair contests in many games. 7. I find it insulting they way they are running these contests to the tl players intelligence . After learning about super bakeries, knowing 98 percent of us have no chance of winning they throw the same contest out there thinking we wont realize it just a repeat of a no win situation. Which to me means again they have no respect for the average customer. Only the ones who have spent an enormous amount of money on gems. These contests are really only for them...as far as if you want to win i mean. 8. The only contest where its fair in anyway that i have seen from the games i play is dragon story. At least you have same chance at breeding rare dragons and if you do you get an entry. Plus if you cant breed one if you level one of your dragons to epic level you get an entry for each one of those. That makes it more of an even playing field.....but there is one flaw even with this contest because they want their money. You can buy the rare dragons for entry with gold plus you can buy food with gold you buy to feed dragons. Which then you evolve faster with gold to bring more dragons to epic level to have more entries. So again if your willing to spend money to win you have a greater chance.....but at least on this game you do have a chance. 9. If they keep throwing contests out there with no advanced warning. No change in rules so that everyone has same chance to win. Most average players will stop playing the games because what's the fun in playing in a contest that you are doomed to fail. There is not any and more and more people just wont even participate. Who wants to see the same list of super gamers win everytime....i sure don't do you?

FrozenTurtle
11-24-12, 10:16 PM
Did not even try to participate in any of the contests for the following reasons. 1. After all the great suggestions team lava choose to ignore them and run the contest the same way as the cobbler contest. 2. There is no way with the rules or lack of rules i should say that you would win unless you were a super bakery. Unless all the super bakeries and people with 50 plus oven sat out contest. Ummmmmm very unlikely. 3. The advanced notice time was not any longer than the previous contest ....again showing total lack of respect for many players ideas on how to be more fair across the board. 4.i did participate in first one got up even at night every three hours to play . I only had thirteen ovens but figured even if a level 99 had max ovens of like 19 - 20 there still might be slight chance wouldnt get up around clock or may not participate. In all the time i played the game i have never seen or heard about a super bakery until halfway thru contest when read here on the boards. It was fun until saw that a new there was no way most of us had a chance to win unless we had these ridiculous amounts of stoves to cook on that most of us cant afford to buy even if we wanted too. 5. Once found out about super bs and rs and fs ect. They exist in all the games. What fun is it to participate in contest that is skewed for these type of places. Its not? It takes the wind out of your sails before even starting. 6. It seems they just rushed to put all these new contest together at last minute d/t holiday weekend. Without even trying to take time spend a week tweek it look at all the good suggestions then put a contest out. They must have made alot of money on gems people buying ovens and speeding up cooking times. Only reason i can think of the rush job just to repeat the same unfair contests in many games. 7. I find it insulting they way they are running these contests to the tl players intelligence . After learning about super bakeries, knowing 98 percent of us have no chance of winning they throw the same contest out there thinking we wont realize it just a repeat of a no win situation. Which to me means again they have no respect for the average customer. Only the ones who have spent an enormous amount of money on gems. These contests are really only for them...as far as if you want to win i mean. 8. The only contest where its fair in anyway that i have seen from the games i play is dragon story. At least you have same chance at breeding rare dragons and if you do you get an entry. Plus if you cant breed one if you level one of your dragons to epic level you get an entry for each one of those. That makes it more of an even playing field.....but there is one flaw even with this contest because they want their money. You can buy the rare dragons for entry with gold plus you can buy food with gold you buy to feed dragons. Which then you evolve faster with gold to bring more dragons to epic level to have more entries. So again if your willing to spend money to win you have a greater chance.....but at least on this game you do have a chance. 9. If they keep throwing contests out there with no advanced warning. No change in rules so that everyone has same chance to win. Most average players will stop playing the games because what's the fun in playing in a contest that you are doomed to fail. There is not any and more and more people just wont even participate. Who wants to see the same list of super gamers win everytime....i sure don't do you?

To clarify, the Chocolate Cake sweepstake is a different format from the Peach Cobbler Bake-off. This is not a "top 10 bakers win" format. Every time you serve Chocolate Cake, you are given an "entry" into the sweepstake. 10 players will be selected from all of the entries.

We did read all of your guys' feedback and the overwhelming suggestion was to have more of a lottery contest than a top 10. For the majority of our games, that is exactly what we did. We realize that it would be nearly impossible to make any competition 100% fair, but we are doing our best to incorporate all of your feedback.

We do apologize for the late notice, but a pop-up notification was added to the game before the sweepstake actually started. Even if you were not online at the time, given the length of this sweepstake we hope a few hours didn't really hinder anybody too much.

In any case, we do appreciate your continued feedback and we will be continually trying to improve how we run these in the future. Thanks! :)

kaname12
11-24-12, 11:39 PM
How do you know who's winning

bellamimi95
11-25-12, 12:42 AM
omg, i'm never going to sell all this cake.

xoxjenn
11-25-12, 03:01 AM
How do you know who's winning

You will know when they announce it. :) This one is a raffle. For each cake you make it is an entry into the "lottery". It isn't like the last one where whoever made the most was the one who won.

formom2012
11-25-12, 08:09 AM
P .s this contest on bs and rs are not raffles they are the same as before. The only one i have seen that is a raffle is dragon story. Maybe their are some more that are but cooking ones just like before.

queentina3
11-25-12, 08:51 AM
P .s this contest on bs and rs are not raffles they are the same as before. The only one i have seen that is a raffle is dragon story. Maybe their are some more that are but cooking ones just like before.

Yes, they are raffles. Every one you serve gets your name put in for a chance. If you serve 1, your name only gets put in once, if you serve 1,000, your name gets put in 1,000 times. From ALL those names, winners are chosen, NOT just the ones that made the most. Of course those with more entries will have a better chance, but there IS still a chance that someone that cooked 1 could win. Last time there wasn't even a chance.

SARAHNESS
11-25-12, 08:52 AM
@teamlava I made 95 cakes ID:SARAHNESS

marrrina
11-25-12, 09:04 AM
@teamlava I made 95 cakes ID:SARAHNESS

How many cakes you've made are already logged with them.

FrozenTurtle
11-25-12, 10:41 AM

Please re-read the original post, as well as my response to your first post. It sounds like you may be confused about this sweepstake. I believe I have addressed your concerns.

Also, the sweepstake is 100% optional. This means that you are not required to participate. If you have feedback for us, that's fantastic! But please keep it constructive with the comments appropriate. Thank you!

Cicero58941
11-25-12, 12:01 PM
I agree with you. However, I think that if you have won 1000 gems, you should not be allowed to win again for 6 months. 1000 gems is a lot of gems and this should hold you for a long time. This would give other players a fair chance to win. We play too and want an opportunity to win something in our favorite games. After all, cooking a huge amount of items in a short period of time is very time consuming, and after all that effort, the same players keep winning is unfair, and will make other players turn down future challenges.

Cicero58941
11-25-12, 12:04 PM
How do you know how many cakes you have already cooked thus far? Where is the leader board?

me22me
11-25-12, 12:05 PM
In this moment i made 223121 plates

queentina3
11-25-12, 12:29 PM

About 638 entries then, good job!

Baraze
11-25-12, 12:48 PM
I didn't give much effort for this one. I was still worn out from the cobbler contest. I'm lucky if I've made fifty cakes. Oh well.

kooky panda
11-25-12, 12:51 PM
I didn't give much effort for this one. I was still worn out from the cobbler contest. I'm lucky if I've made fifty cakes. Oh well.
Hey remember it can only take 1 to win!! You never know!!

chewytwix
11-25-12, 01:36 PM
I asked a super bakery how much they made on the second day: 400,000 plates.

me22me
11-25-12, 01:42 PM

Even i am not win but i am enjoy to think that i will win haha

queentina3
11-25-12, 02:12 PM
I asked a super bakery how much they made on the second day: 400,000 plates.

If a Bakery has 100 appliances, regular not sonic, the most they can make without using gems to speed up is 12,000 entries. 24 hours * 5 days * 100 appliances = 12,000. If a BS is using Sonic or Gems, those results would be a bit different, but even so it would be in the 12,000 entry range for a normal 100 appliance BS.

They need to divide their overall number of plates by the servings Choco Cake gives (350) in order to get a close accurate view of how many times they've placed an item from the appliance to the counter if they haven't kept track themselves. It is easier to keep track in Fashion, since you can block those racks from being touched by the customers, or in Farm/Castle where you can count the numbers of times you've harvested the plot, in RS/BS it is more difficult if someone is just going by the amount they have on the counter as the clones are eating them throughout the day.

Tempete8
11-25-12, 02:27 PM
I am nowhere near crazy for chocolate.

AnnasCoffee
11-25-12, 03:34 PM
I give up. And it has nothing to do with the debated fairness of it all. I just can't stand to make nothing but chocolate cake for another 3 days :)

I don't think I'll make anymore Chocolate Cakes either. I think I made 36, so I wasnt making it all day or anything. It's just been dragged out too long. I thought there was another post that said "5 days is too long"... but I can't find that post. Anyway... 5 days is too long :)

yumpixels
11-25-12, 03:42 PM
I love this contest! Even though I don't have a super bakery and will have a smaller chance, I'm glad I actually *have* a chance this time around! Thank you TL!!

mimihaziq
11-25-12, 06:04 PM
Yes I did serve them on the counters already.. I really hope it'll be counted in.... Thank you fr the feedback! Goodluck all players!!! May the odds be in yr favour!😄

chewytwix
11-25-12, 06:13 PM
I did 525k plates, but I don't think I'm going to win still...I'm done baking chocolate cakes.

ellygator
11-25-12, 06:20 PM
never give up!! I only had 5 appliances, now 6 and I'm still churning out chocolate cakes xD
My poor customers..

chewytwix
11-25-12, 06:22 PM
mine are going to get type 2 diabetes at this rate.

marrrina
11-25-12, 06:28 PM
I don't think I'll make anymore Chocolate Cakes either. I think I made 36, so I wasnt making it all day or anything. It's just been dragged out too long. I thought there was another post that said "5 days is too long"... but I can't find that post. Anyway... 5 days is too long :)

I said on the Restaurant Story Waffle post that 5 is too much :P But I ended up un-quitting! I took a break for about a day and now I'm baking the cakes every once in a while. It'll be over soon enough though, and I can't wait!

KakkuHanna
11-25-12, 11:41 PM
I think that everyone who participates could get a small prize. 5 gems would be great, or even 2. That would make it a great fun and more people would participate.

jujubeans29
11-26-12, 01:34 AM
The contest should be sorted by levels, because like many users have said it is unfair that people on a much higher level with several ovens compete with someone like me for example who is only on level 40. Winners should be chosen within the group with the same amount of ovens. There should also be a tally of how many cakes or entries you have during the contest.

xoxjenn
11-26-12, 03:17 AM
I think that everyone who participates could get a small prize. 5 gems would be great, or even 2. That would make it a great fun and more people would participate.

I think this is a GREAT idea.

queentina3
11-26-12, 05:01 AM
The contest should be sorted by levels, because like many users have said it is unfair that people on a much higher level with several ovens compete with someone like me for example who is only on level 40. Winners should be chosen within the group with the same amount of ovens. There should also be a tally of how many cakes or entries you have during the contest.

I've read other posts of people wanting the contests done by levels, but what happens to someone that LEVELS UP during a contest? Should they be put in the lower level bracket, or the higher level bracket, now that they leveled up and opened a new slot? I don't believe that would work either and people would still complain.

If anything, to make it seem fair to everyone, would be a 24 hour contest where TL has 50 of a certain item made that is open to ALL levels, then do the raffle with the name of each BS that participated and made the required amount being entered ONCE. This way ALL levels can participate and nobody would have the advantage.

marrrina
11-26-12, 11:54 AM
I've just made my last sets of orders, which will be done just minutes before the sweepstakes ends. Good riddance, chocolate cake!!! Can't wait to see the results.

Leahjean1977
11-26-12, 12:51 PM
Whew! *wipes forehead* 419,850 cakes on counter! Good luck bakers! ?=

me22me
11-26-12, 01:12 PM
Waiting the winners

shakiba
11-26-12, 01:22 PM
I've read other posts of people wanting the contests done by levels, but what happens to someone that LEVELS UP during a contest? Should they be put in the lower level bracket, or the higher level bracket, now that they leveled up and opened a new slot? I don't believe that would work either and people would still complain.

If anything, to make it seem fair to everyone, would be a 24 hour contest where TL has 50 of a certain item made that is open to ALL levels, then do the raffle with the name of each BS that participated and made the required amount being entered ONCE. This way ALL levels can participate and nobody would have the advantage.

Agreed. To add, not all players with the same levels are the same. For example, not all lvl 99 are rich. Its all different. Some pays money for more appliances and some don't. So it won't be fair if they were in a particular category. The contest is fair, IMO, but I don't like the idea of "more chances to win." Different levels (depends) = different number of appliances, which means more entries for those with more appliances. I wish it was just 1 entry. Whatever, I'm just thankful for this sweetstake. At least we all have a CHANCE, if we participated of course.

carabellexo
11-26-12, 01:43 PM
When do we find out who won?

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 01:54 PM
Agree they should not go by levels because levels doesn't matter ... What matters is number of slots people buy

Look at me I'm level 99 with only 18 slots
And besides even low levels can have 100+ slots if they have the money to
So again it's not about level

saucysammis
11-26-12, 02:06 PM
I've got an idea: Since someone already made a post asking who won, do we suppose that question could count for all of us? Reading 5 pages of "who won" is sad. I'd rather read war stories of the contest without sifting through the 300,000 "who won" posts.

mixxed
11-26-12, 03:23 PM
And besides even low levels can have 100+ slots if they have the money to
So again it's not about level

Yep. I was in the 90 appliance area in my 30s or 40s due to my impatience to max things.

Tempete8
11-26-12, 03:54 PM
Good luck to everyone.

cupcakepartys
11-27-12, 12:46 AM

I agree with you. :o

dianeb36
11-27-12, 05:10 AM
Were we supposed to close our bakeries while we were baking our chocolate cakes? Or did it really matter?

dianeb36
11-27-12, 05:15 AM
I think everyone that participated in the contest should receive some gems just for putting forth effort. Please put this under consideration for future contests. Team Lava... love all your games! Their great and yep... I'm addicted!

KakkuHanna
11-27-12, 05:21 AM
If they really know, who is participating! I would be happy to be get something only because someone has notoced that I have participated.

marrrina
11-27-12, 06:36 AM
Were we supposed to close our bakeries while we were baking our chocolate cakes? Or did it really matter?

TL never recommends closing your bakery down, so no.

myharleycat
11-27-12, 01:16 PM
So anyone heard about who one yet?!

FrozenTurtle
11-27-12, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone! We're still going through all Chocolate Cakes that you all baked up. We don't know when we will be done, but we will announce the winners as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can check out our current Forum contest to win some extra Gems: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40288-Create-a-Superhero-Turkey!

56cupcakes
11-27-12, 04:42 PM
Thank you Frozen Turtle for the update. I wonder how many millions were baked.

chewytwix
11-27-12, 06:10 PM
Thank you Frozen Turtle for the update. I wonder how many millions were baked.

Millions? I'm thinking billions....I don't have high hopes for winning, but I did bake a lot. Contemplating on throwing out all my chocolate cakes because it's decreasing my rate of return profit.

gizzymobaby
11-28-12, 12:34 AM
Has the winners been chosen yet, does anybody know...?

Leahjean1977
11-28-12, 02:23 PM
Did anybody set their alarm? I did the first night but my husband was gonna have me locked up in an institution if I continued! Lol! It definitely was a crazy bakin' contest!

dianeb36
11-28-12, 02:53 PM
Who won the chocolate cake contest? The suspense is ****ing me!! Lol!

holliebaby
11-28-12, 03:07 PM
Haha the suspense is also ****ing me. I have a feeling I didn't win even though I worked by butt of for this contest. I'm sure someone who is at a higher level won. I'm only at 66 so competing against all the higher levels is tough.

Tempete8
11-29-12, 06:05 PM
GOODLUCK all

Baraze
11-29-12, 06:16 PM
Now i wish I'd have made more than a handful of cakes. Boo....maybe next time. IF there is a next time.

WifeOfBigJay
11-29-12, 06:18 PM
I just wanted to ask when the winners will be displayed?

FrozenTurtle
11-29-12, 09:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5Tki3.png
Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Bakeries below:

CoffeeChocolate
Rachel
Pobzeb
Wawa
sweetie cakes
JK's Sweets
Minnie's Sweetz
chef
Blueberry
leannes cafe

Each of them has won 1,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we sliced and served up all of these Chocolate Cakes for ourselves! We hope you liked this format a little bit better than the previous Peach Cobbler Bake-off. Keep your feedback coming on how we can further improve future in-game contests for Bakery Story (www.facebook.com/bakerystory) or one of our other Storm8 games (http://storm8.com/games)!

The cake is not a lie! And here's some fun facts to back it up:

664,845 players participated!
19,410,247 Chocolate Cakes popped out of the ovens!
6,793,586,450 plates of Chocolate Cake were served!
2,696 Chocolate Cakes were being started every MINUTE!

holliebaby
11-29-12, 10:13 PM
Well, congrats to those who won. Ugh, I'm disappointed that the other participators didn't get anything though. :( I love how TL does contests now to win gems, but one suggestion, please give everyone else gems too. 5 or even 3 would be good.

car7235
11-29-12, 10:25 PM
Congratulations to all the winners :)

LCAHEARTS
11-29-12, 10:41 PM
Congrats to all the winners! :)

nmishii
11-29-12, 10:45 PM
Congratulations to the winners!!!

dirtybeautiful
11-29-12, 10:52 PM
way to go everyone!!!

xoxjenn
11-29-12, 11:53 PM
Congrats to the winners!

arale_norimaki
11-30-12, 12:00 AM
Congratulations!!
I'd love to see one of those bakeries. Any winner around? :)

lizzygee23
11-30-12, 12:09 AM
Congratulations!!

Ditto!! I'd love to see what they spend all those gems on!

jannywanny86
11-30-12, 12:38 AM
Congrats

xoxjenn
11-30-12, 12:39 AM
Congratulations!!

Me toooo!

kieranyeow
11-30-12, 05:42 AM
Congratulations~!

sweetstuff525
11-30-12, 05:46 AM
congrats to the winners..anybody have them as neighbors? or any forum winners

marrrina
11-30-12, 06:16 AM
I have a neighbor named Rachel and her wall is flooded with "If you won, congrats!" posts. No way of knowing if she's the right one though, since there aren't many unique bakery names out there. I think it was probably someone else who won.

RoseMeyer
11-30-12, 06:38 AM
average cakes per player twenty-nine.

sourlicorice5
11-30-12, 10:04 AM
Congrats to the winners :-)

ahenk
11-30-12, 01:41 PM
My game name is chef i won but i havent got 1000gems. What can i do

FrozenTurtle
11-30-12, 02:00 PM
My game name is chef i won but i havent got 1000gems. What can i do

All rewards have already been given out. If you have not received them, you did not win this time. With your Bakery Name as "chef" it is very likely that there are several other players with that name. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused!

AnnasCoffee
11-30-12, 03:49 PM
I thought this was interesting. Here are your odds of winning 1,000 gems in TL's "Chocolate Cake Sweepstakes" compared to other events.

Odds of ...
winning a prize in "Power Ball" ..... 1 in 83
having identical twins ..... 1 in 250
an American having the name "Ron". ..... 1 in 2,700
being struck by lightning ..... 1 in 10,000
winning $100 in "Power Ball". ..... 1 in 15,667
winning 1,000 gems in TL's Choco Cake contest .... 1 in 66,485
Winning $10,000 in "Power Ball" ..... 1 in 648,976
Being attacked by a shark ..... 1 in 11.5 M

Really, I've got better odds of being struck by lightning or winning $100 (REAL money) in the lottery than winning one of TLs contests!?! NOT good odds! NOT fun. I'm really happy for the 20 people who have won. But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TL, do something different for the next contest. Either the suggestions in post #72 or # 142.

Or something completely different ... Here's my idea. (Sorry, I don't know anything about computers so I don't know if this is possible). Give some gems (say 50) to the person who leaves the 1 millionth tip. And give 50 gems to the person who leaves the 2 millionth tip. Every millionth tip give 50 gems until you reach 10,000 gems given away.

Maybe also give 25 gems to the person who's bakery received the tip. People would LOVE their neighbor forever for that!!!

And if you use this idea give 100 gems to me :)

Maybe have a forum contest to see who comes up with the best contest idea!?! I'm sure the forum members have great ideas.

jojopeanut
11-30-12, 04:02 PM
6,793,586,450 plates of Chocolate Cake were served! WOW!!!!!!! Amazing that's alot of cake..

marrrina
11-30-12, 06:15 PM
I thought this was interesting. Here are your odds of winning 1,000 gems in TL's "Chocolate Cake Sweepstakes" compared to other events.

Odds of ...
winning a prize in "Power Ball" ..... 1 in 83
having identical twins ..... 1 in 250
an American having the name "Ron". ..... 1 in 2,700
being struck by lightning ..... 1 in 10,000
winning $100 in "Power Ball". ..... 1 in 15,667
winning 1,000 gems in TL's Choco Cake contest .... 1 in 66,485
Winning $10,000 in "Power Ball" ..... 1 in 648,976
Being attacked by a shark ..... 1 in 11.5 M

Really, I've got better odds of being struck by lightning or winning $100 (REAL money) in the lottery than winning one of TLs contests!?! NOT good odds! NOT fun. I'm really happy for the 20 people who have won. But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TL, do something different for the next contest. Either the suggestions in post #72 or # 142.

Or something completely different ... Here's my idea. (Sorry, I don't know anything about computers so I don't know if this is possible). Give some gems (say 50) to the person who leaves the 1 millionth tip. And give 50 gems to the person who leaves the 2 millionth tip. Every millionth tip give 50 gems until you reach 10,000 gems given away.

Maybe also give 25 gems to the person who's bakery received the tip. People would LOVE their neighbor forever for that!!!

And if you use this idea give 100 gems to me :)

Maybe have a forum contest to see who comes up with the best contest idea!?! I'm sure the forum members have great ideas.

You always bring such good insight when there are things going on worth questioning. After all the effort I made on the raffle-style contest, I can confidently say I won't do another contest with TL if it's this format again.

Alicecafe1212
12-01-12, 12:58 AM
Congrats to the winners :-)
It would be nice if there are 1000 participating players getting 10 gems from the contest. LOL

shakiba
12-01-12, 09:06 AM
Congrats winners. :)

RoseMeyer
12-01-12, 09:16 AM
I dont remember which Math Class was, but I remember the concept of "expected value".

Statistics maybe? Finite Math? I dunno.

Anyway, you have to approach these contests with the unerstanding that the "expected value" of winning, in reality, is really close to zero.

You have to decide how much your going to participate with that information. Is it worth it to sneak in batches of cake here and there and fit it into your day? Is it worth to set the alarm every two hours to get up all night and make waffles? OMG, even a baby doesnt usually wake you up that often.....

LCAHEARTS
12-01-12, 10:54 AM
I dont remember which Math Class was, but I remember the concept of "expected value".

Statistics maybe? Finite Math? I dunno.

Anyway, you have to approach these contests with the unerstanding that the "expected value" of winning, in reality, is really close to zero.

You have to decide how much your going to participate with that information. Is it worth it to sneak in batches of cake here and there and fit it into your day? Is it worth to set the alarm every two hours to get up all night and make waffles? OMG, even a baby doesnt usually wake you up that often.....

I fully agree with you. I had long ago mastered Chocolate Cake. But I love how it looks, I just don't waste time making it. When it is gifted I always use it because like I said, it's pretty. So with that said, I made a few here and there just to have it in my bakery and to raffle my chances a notch or two. But it wasn't a priority of mine, I didn't care that much. ESPECIALLY since it was Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend. Those things were more important to me. So....I think this contest was better than the Cobbler one by far, but of course it could use adjustments. I think in the end it's all a matter of how much it matters to an individual player.

seastripes
12-03-12, 12:09 AM
i was baking for the contest the first time with the peach cobbler, and halfway through the deadline as i was tipping some neighbours i realized there are some neighbours of mine have almost 50 ovens from buying with gems, and i;m sure there's many more like him/her so i gave up and not going to do baking contest anymore because obviously the winners of this contest must be those who spent purchasing 1000gems or more

xoxjenn
12-03-12, 12:15 AM
i was baking for the contest the first time with the peach cobbler, and halfway through the deadline as i was tipping some neighbours i realized there are some neighbours of mine have almost 50 ovens from buying with gems, and i;m sure there's many more like him/her so i gave up and not going to do baking contest anymore because obviously the winners of this contest must be those who spent purchasing 1000gems or more

This contest was a like a lottery, each cake you made was an entry into a random drawing for the 1,000 gems. So even if you made ten cakes you still had a CHANCE to win. Slim, yes, but a chance none the less. It wasn't based on who made the most this time.

I actually really liked this contest & would do it again if I could. I only had seven ovens at the time, but I still took the chance. :) The only thing I wish was different was if TL would make it so we could view the winner's bakeries. I am just curious to how many ovens they had & what they did with all of the gems.

Baraze
12-03-12, 09:16 PM
Three of the winners from the cobbler bake off have first place from box items and the gem ovens. Some gem tables here and there but that's it really. I've not seen any from restaurant. I visited one winner from fashion before the contest. Nothing over the top there.

vnswift
12-04-12, 07:04 AM
I would also like to see these winners too. With such random names like Rachel and Chef, you probably never get to see these bakeries ��