PDA

View Full Version : Two year player, stopped playing for a long time - explanation

caesarslaw
11-18-12, 09:38 AM
I started playing bakery story a while back and am now on level 99. I used to think I'd never stop playing the game unless it was discontinued so I wanted to give TL an explanation of why I in fact stopped playing now.

As to my status right now, I log into the game around 2 times a week in order to accept all requests for my neighbors. My tipping is at 1 and sometimes zero, a lot of neighbors stopped tipping and gifting/leaving messages on my wall since the whole price increase fiasco. I have 3 ovens on which, if I feel like it, I cook a 2 day recipe. I used to care about updates and checked non stop, but now I'm luck if I check in when the popup comes up because otherwise I wouldn't know there was even an update.

There are a lot of things that went wrong here, TL. First off, price increase affected the expansion prices. I cared about the recipes prices, but more importantly, if I can't expand, I can't focus on growth and buying decorations. Second, your decor and weekly updates are almost all gem purchases - and the whole table gem, and chair coin (or vice versa) is such a glaring tactic that I haven't bought a set in long, long time. Third, the goals are absolutely terrible - I can't even describe how annoying these 1000 and 2xp rewards are - make it a cute tiny item or recipe or give 500 xp, it is a slap in the face what you have now. Fourth, the game is full of bugs, issues, delays, etc. and that just makes me roll my eye and just turn off the game when all the baking I've done is not saved. Fifth, all of these, a lack of being able to decorate and spend coins, have affected the community, the higher players, because no one wants to interact or play anymore.

As a note, why don't you do a contest people actually want to win not this peach cobbler 10 people out of millions. Give us 5 gems for doing a contest not something ridiculous. At this point, I'm not angry or sad or annoyed, just ...don't care. And that not caring translates to not playing.

Hope you can fix things before more players leave.

LLena79
11-18-12, 03:12 PM
Nicely said.

marrrina
11-18-12, 05:15 PM
I agree with all of your points. I'd been willing to live with the bugs and glitches but the pricing and "glaring tactics" to get us to buy gems, the game has gone down hill for me. I haven't quit, but even at level 99, I'm cooking at a significantly slower rate than before.

I'll also add a sixth issue that ties into your fourth: we have constantly pointed out a number of bugs or issues to TL which are regarded with zero response from their staff. Feeling ignored on the platform in which we're meant to be heard is pretty deterring.

howdy2you
11-18-12, 05:31 PM
I agree with the OP.
Bakery used to be a whole lot funner.
No more thrill at the bakery.

caesarslaw
11-18-12, 11:17 PM
Thanks for your comments it"s dissapointing to see your hardwork go away but there really is no incentive to play not fun, not creative, not interactive.

howdy2you
11-19-12, 07:17 AM
Thanks for your comments it"s dissapointing to see your hardwork go away but there really is no incentive to play not fun, not creative, not interactive.

I feel your pain. I spent a LOT of money on my old bakery and now I can't even look at it! I disgusted with myself for being such a sucker. When you spend time and money on one game and then it becomes a completely different game. How does a corporation benefit from that? I can't believe that I fell for that!

flowless
11-19-12, 08:09 AM
The thing that is more upsetting to me is the expansion prices
It's like mission impossible
I just log in to collect money and leave

cookiemonsterdonahue
11-25-12, 12:38 PM
Ive also played for 2 yrs and have lost interest in it. I think its ridiculous to pay 40 gems to unlock 1 oven!!! And after buying the the few gem items last night that ive wanted since I started playing, I wont be purchasing any more. I cant stand when I gift and it does processing then a gazillion pop ups again because it actually restarted the game! The whole 2 star or 30 coins is another disaster when going to nbrs to tip- it makes me not want to be bothered unless I owe back tips. Whose stupid idea was that??!! Then theres the price increase for items & some you offer for high amount of gems are so tiny you cant even see what they are!! And those giift boxes are another rip off as you give 1 first place in how many players???!! I cant even get to expand for coins & paying 80 gems is another thing that makes me disgusted to play! Yes you TL sure have ruined this once fun game!! Since I'm just about at level 97 and will soon be 100, I guess I will cease playing all together. NICE WAY TO DO YOUR SUPPORTERS THAT HAVE BROUGHT YOU THIS FAR!!! All the above is correct in saying its just not fun, or challenging to play your game any longer!! Oh & I have older children & family that feel the same way & have stopped playing!!

cupcakepartys
11-27-12, 01:16 AM
I started playing bakery story a while back and am now on level 99. I used to think I'd never stop playing the game unless it was discontinued so I wanted to give TL an explanation of why I in fact stopped playing now.

As to my status right now, I log into the game around 2 times a week in order to accept all requests for my neighbors. My tipping is at 1 and sometimes zero, a lot of neighbors stopped tipping and gifting/leaving messages on my wall since the whole price increase fiasco. I have 3 ovens on which, if I feel like it, I cook a 2 day recipe. I used to care about updates and checked non stop, but now I'm luck if I check in when the popup comes up because otherwise I wouldn't know there was even an update.

There are a lot of things that went wrong here, TL. First off, price increase affected the expansion prices. I cared about the recipes prices, but more importantly, if I can't expand, I can't focus on growth and buying decorations. Second, your decor and weekly updates are almost all gem purchases - and the whole table gem, and chair coin (or vice versa) is such a glaring tactic that I haven't bought a set in long, long time. Third, the goals are absolutely terrible - I can't even describe how annoying these 1000 and 2xp rewards are - make it a cute tiny item or recipe or give 500 xp, it is a slap in the face what you have now. Fourth, the game is full of bugs, issues, delays, etc. and that just makes me roll my eye and just turn off the game when all the baking I've done is not saved. Fifth, all of these, a lack of being able to decorate and spend coins, have affected the community, the higher players, because no one wants to interact or play anymore.

As a note, why don't you do a contest people actually want to win not this peach cobbler 10 people out of millions. Give us 5 gems for doing a contest not something ridiculous. At this point, I'm not angry or sad or annoyed, just ...don't care. And that not caring translates to not playing.

Hope you can fix things before more players leave.

Completely agree with you!!

cupcakepartys
11-27-12, 01:19 AM

What upset me the most is the new goals. I even lost my interest to complete any of the Halloween and Thanksgiving goals. The cost-and-award of those goals is a joke in my opinion. I miss those Valentines goals earlier this year. They are much much more fun to play.

Stueeeee
11-27-12, 06:19 PM
Yeah I also agree with what u say. I have played for nigh on two years, at level 99-3 million odd XP- and am down to my last 100,000. Once upon a time would sit doing brownies or cookies or jasmine tea, but can't now coz I know I'll b bankrupt sooner rather than later.
Dont know what their game is, can't be having a good affect on gem sales, all these players leaving!

MommaLouKC
11-27-12, 07:03 PM
Ditto to everyone. I log in long enough to send gifts, accept requests.. I too just don't care any more. Which is sad cause this game gave me such joy.

Alicecafe1212
12-01-12, 01:07 AM
agree with everyone here. BS used to be fun before

caesarslaw
12-01-12, 10:30 AM
I am hoping that TL will do something, anything to improve the game from adding new goals or lower expansion prices or just better decorations ...hope TL reads this thread and learns from the older, long time players

nia0079
12-03-12, 12:45 PM
I've also been disparaged about the gem issues for decoration and the costs of expansion but I wander if TL would compromise.

I'm not sure how financially sound this suggestion would be but what if we could trade back coins earned for an amount of gems? People would eventually have the opportunity to get some of the decor and accessories that costs gems only. If this idea was even entertained, I fathom that the trade back value would be through the roof, but it may give TL something to think about as far as how items are priced, the true value of a gem.

That being said, I think about how I don't let my kid go crazy on in app purchasing, so an idea like this would give her some sense of her bakery working hard and how she spent her time and coins wisely by saving "x" amount of coins to trade and gain "x" amount of gems to finally get that donut lamp she's always wanted.

fuzion75
12-11-12, 01:59 AM
I agree with you. I just start playing bakery story since 4-5 month ago (But I'm level 85 on restaurant story), price increase affected the game. I can't expand anymore, I don't earn gold anymore (I can't afford to buy new stuff)

I will stop playing bakery soon.

elp2002
12-14-12, 11:34 AM
bravo caesarslaw! You make excellent points and I definitely agree with you.

sinc823
12-14-12, 01:00 PM
Tell me about it... I got tricked into buying gem wallpaper and just now the forum people tell me I can just use normal wallpaper!!when the goal specifically ask for that type of wallpaper!!!!!!!
Really poor customer service in trying to get people to buy gems!!
I started playing day 1 bakery launched and have made purchases for gem every 2 times a month or so.
Now I'm not paying a penny for it and will never make any...I stopped buying ever since the price hike.
I feel so disrespected in the game sometimes and it just makes me angry...
Does TL want to get rid of old customers and get new ones??
Do they think we will get tired of it one day and is trying to squish as much money from as as soon as possible????
Let me tell you this...I have no to plans to quit!!people from all age all playing this game...all around the world....!
Happy customers are paying customers...I should know...I USE to be one!!
I spend money all the time playing and don't even blink...
Now I think if this goes on it won't be worth it to invest so much money in it!!
TL have done a great job updating the game but the customer service is so poor I cry...yes I did...on gem traps to being tricked into buying things I didn't want to...this game was a lot for me...
I play hours on it and WAS happy...
I might consider buying gems in the future if price changes and staff treating us like people!
Right now this moment I just feel sooooooo stupid about purchasing gems back then...
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you!!

pattypopo
12-18-12, 06:07 AM
It's even worse for Kindle players. We have received almost nothing Christmas in RS, BS and FS. No goals, no new appliances or the recipes that go with them. I have posted on these forums until I'm blue in the face and sent private messages to the Community Managers, with only one "we can,t speculate" response. If we are going to be totally left out of Christmas, it would be nice to at least get an explanation. In bakery I have stored all but 2 appliances. I have always maintained a 4 star social status, but now I barely tip because I have lost interest in all my games. I don' t really care about expanding anymore because there is so little new decor that I want.