PDA

View Full Version : Following the goals vs Not following the goals.

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-18-12, 02:59 AM
I was doing borderline ok, until I decided I wanted dragons that weren't on my goal list...
I just visited a friends island, he spent a very long time trying to get an eagle (got 21 firestorms in the process) :( He now has his eagle.... and he seems to be doing well and getting everything else first try.

x2 Honeybees
Forestfire
x2 Scorpios
Fairy
Aether (jealous)
Planet

So I'm curious in knowing if anyone on here just followed the goals and found it pretty easy to get a lot of rares/super rares?

Or if you went off and did your own thing?....I only follow the goals when it suits me. Probably why I have 21 to complete now and have a hard time getting the ones I want! :cool:

I'm hoping for most of you, it's the latter!! (that will make me feel better)

Zulac99
11-18-12, 04:40 AM
Well one nice thing about doing goals is that you get more new goals. Some of them you can't help but accomplish.

A bad goal is one that you can't do like"Diamond of Light", which is where you make a rare diamond hybrid. This is completely impossible for me as I don't even have a Diamond, and since I'm level 73 and 76 on my two devices, I no longer expect to ever get a Diamond.

Takiofallen
11-18-12, 09:18 AM
I never put much thought in to it but i did use them as a guid line in the beginning

Horntail21
11-18-12, 11:55 AM
I don't think it would matter cause the game can't tell if you're going for the goals or not. Say you breed athletic/coral the game wouldn't know I'd you are breeding for wizard or planet or another non goal dragon. I don't think you would be rewarded for attempting goals. I've never gotten any luckier after completing a goal either. I'd say coincidence

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-18-12, 02:46 PM
I don't think it would matter cause the game can't tell if you're going for the goals or not. Say you breed athletic/coral the game wouldn't know I'd you are breeding for wizard or planet or another non goal dragon. I don't think you would be rewarded for attempting goals. I've never gotten any luckier after completing a goal either. I'd say coincidence

That's definitely true - the game not knowing what you're trying to breed.

I do hope that it truly is coincidental. I don't know why but it's been on my mind for awhile!

kwhales
11-18-12, 03:26 PM
I follow the goals I feel like following. Some are just ridiculous. The goal for the Angel dragon---come on I don't even have a diamond. So that goal is way off for me. I tried for laserlight, another goal, but got planet (which was a goal too). I can't wait till I gave enough new dawn goal dragons so 5 or 6 goals will disappear. I also have 21 goals.

If I don't know what dragon to go for, I will look at my goals and aim for one of them. Like now, tired of going for turkery, so I will go back and try for one on the goal list.

sweetstuff525
11-18-12, 03:26 PM
I don't go by the goals since I never get it but lately I've been lucky ... Got aurora and turkey..... If only I could get diamond or infinity

mico3
11-18-12, 07:54 PM
I'm doing my own thing, and just happen to complete goals in the process. Decided to try for aurora and got a wizard (finally) and mermaid, both of which I needed, so that method is working for me so far.

dexdine12
11-18-12, 10:25 PM
I am at lvl.21 and am trying to complete the goals. In doing so I have a Diamond, Scorpion, Planet and Mermaid. However, stupid me...up until now (like today) I never kept track of exactly what I bred with what - just tried to follow the goals. Now that I am actively trying for a Turkey I am sure my luck will change and it will take forever, lol!

GiaSophia
11-19-12, 01:09 AM
That diamond dragon, you got it by breeding or purchased it?