PDA

View Full Version : Inheriting Only ONE Parent's Colors the Majority of the Time?

Sefyre
11-17-12, 02:56 AM
It seems that as long as one of the parents has Fire and Air or Air and Fire, the resulting egg is always a Firestorm.

Fire/Air or Air/Fire + ANYTHING else = Firestorm.

Is there a reason I keep having this sort of a result?

Eagle + Water = Firestorm.

Eagle + Forest = Firestorm.

Eagle + Hybrid (four colors total) = Firestorm.

Firestorm + Water = Firestorm.

Firestorm + Forrest = Firestorm.

Firestorm + Hybrid (four colors total) = Firestorm.

It's happened so many times now, it's ridiculous.

It seems like I can't allow ANY Fire and Air hybrid to breed because ALL THEY EVER PRODUCE is a Firestorm and the other parent's colors are ignored completely. I have bred over a dozen and out of all of them only ONE such pairing produced something different. An EAGLE which was STILL an Air and Fire hybrid.

Also, if I breed Fire and Air or Air and Fire, all of those babies were Firestorms as well.

Is this all just a bunch of bad luck or something?

suzysuzy34
11-17-12, 03:13 AM
I've just got

Eagle + forest = scorpion
Water + fire = magic
Pumkin + fire = life
Parakeet + fire = fairy
Fire + fairy = turkey.

Most of these are epic, one was level nine. Sorry your not having much luck. I'm in a similar position on monster story trying to get a pumkin on that game, breed the same pair over 15 times, it's very frustrating.

suzysuzy34
11-17-12, 03:15 AM
I'm suzysuzy35 I've got other results if your interested. I've managed to get a Titan, planet, two fairys, scorpion, eagle and parakeet and pumpkin.

suzysuzy34
11-17-12, 03:18 AM
Oh and when I first started I keep getting fruitfuls, had about ten of them.

henrylucky
11-17-12, 05:39 AM
I've just got

Eagle + forest = scorpion
Water + fire = magic
Pumkin + fire = life
Parakeet + fire = fairy
Fire + fairy = turkey.

Most of these are epic, one was level nine. Sorry your not having much luck. I'm in a similar position on monster story trying to get a pumkin on that game, breed the same pair over 15 times, it's very frustrating.
In fact, you can't get life with pumpkin and fire

kwhales
11-17-12, 07:29 AM

I was wondering that too. There is no green element in pumpkin or fire, so how did the life happen? (switch at birth)???

PDAGuppies
11-17-12, 07:35 AM

It's weird... And the pumpkin doesnt have any forest and neither does. The fire....

suzysuzy34
11-17-12, 08:42 AM
Sorry my mistake, lol, it was pumpkin and forest equals life.

Takiofallen
11-17-12, 11:12 AM
Keep your air element and fire element away from each other. what i mean is don't let the same parent have both. I believe when the elements come from the same parent that you have tendency to breed a common dragon. thats why when i now breed i keep the element i want to combine in different parents. so at first i didn't want the turkey or the pumpkin but people keep getting it so i deiced to go for it. I mixed fairy and laser light because it gives me a chance at a few dragons i don't. My results are as follows

1.Fairy
2.LandWorm (didn't have this)
3.fuzzy
4.sunrise
5.turkey
6.life (in breeding chamber)

salinho
11-17-12, 08:15 PM
I'm scared of the possibility of getting a sunrise...lol

salinho
11-17-12, 08:18 PM
I keep getting forestorms over and over. I got like two life dragons and two fruitfuls, or less, and then all firestorms. I keep changing up combos and no matter where fire or air are, they make a bloody firestorm. XD

Horntail21
11-17-12, 08:44 PM
Same here. On my other account I put in scorpion/mermaid and I get firestorm. It's like getting a kick in the gut when you get a firestorm out of a combo like that.

salinho
11-17-12, 09:09 PM
Same here. On my other account I put in scorpion/mermaid and I get firestorm. It's like getting a kick in the gut when you get a firestorm out of a combo like that.

Yeah. I used landworm and fairy, but got firestorm again. Lol

Takiofallen
11-17-12, 10:00 PM
yeah it hurt , i would have taken an island lol. It's funny when i ran the experiment with the fruitful/athletic i got fire storms but since i have been using fairy/laser i have not gotten one firestorm.
I'm scared of the possibility of getting a sunrise...lol

portiaandluis
11-18-12, 12:08 AM
Keep your air element and fire element away from each other. what i mean is don't let the same parent have both. I believe when the elements come from the same parent that you have tendency to breed a common dragon. thats why when i now breed i keep the element i want to combine in different parents. so at first i didn't want the turkey or the pumpkin but people keep getting it so i deiced to go for it. I mixed fairy and laser light because it gives me a chance at a few dragons i don't. My results are as follows

1.Fairy
2.LandWorm (didn't have this)
3.fuzzy
4.sunrise
5.turkey
6.life (in breeding chamber)

I too was afraid of getting Sunrise, but no instead I got Fairy😕

Sefyre
11-18-12, 06:54 AM
I keep getting forestorms over and over. I got like two life dragons and two fruitfuls, or less, and then all firestorms. I keep changing up combos and no matter where fire or air are, they make a bloody firestorm. XD

Wanted to say that I've read everyone's responses and I sympathize with the other people who seem to have similar situations, but what salinho said above in particular is what is true for me, too, it seems. Breeding Fire and Air or Air and Fire automatically results in a Firestorm and breeding one hybrid with a single element automatically results in another Firestorm as well.

I've only been able to 'break' my Firestorm streak by breeding two hybrids together who have all different colors... but even then I have had a Firestorm sneak its way in.

Seabreeze with Life is my choice right now and I've bred so far:

Firestorm x 1
Forestfire x 1
Fruitful x 1
Life x 3
Magic x 1
Mist x 2
Seabreeze x 1

... But no Pumpkins and no Turkeys... which were the ones I was hoping for... hence all the Firestorms!

And yes, Horntail21, it really is a kick in the gut to breed a Firestorm when you're breeding a hybrid set.