PDA

View Full Version : Rotating walls

adiyaja
11-02-12, 10:04 PM
hi, I'm a new player and confused with the wall that I bought, it can't be rotated at all while when I visit community, I saw some has wall can be put in the different way / rotate. Is it something I must buy in order to get my wall can be rotate ? thx

greygull
11-02-12, 10:12 PM
Walls will rotate when you set them directly next to each other.

missoliviasmom
11-10-12, 07:29 PM
That does not work. Please explain. There is a rotate feature for the wall but I also cannot figure out exactly how to make it rotate. Placing it next to another wall just makes one long line. Then, if I was able to rotate and I use your theory, I wouldn't then be able to make a T wall and separate the animals

maguar
11-10-12, 07:40 PM
Place 2 walls next to each other. Place another wall above or below (has to be touching) one of those walls.

X
XX

midnightmeerkat
11-10-12, 07:41 PM
That does not work. Please explain. There is a rotate feature for the wall but I also cannot figure out exactly how to make it rotate. Placing it next to another wall just makes one long line. Then, if I was able to rotate and I use your theory, I wouldn't then be able to make a T wall and separate the animals

Instead of continuing the wall, put the new wall piece beside the other wall, it will then rotate itself to join up and make a corner

missoliviasmom
11-11-12, 07:05 AM
Huh? Why can't you just enable the rotate button? Geeeez

missoliviasmom
11-11-12, 07:07 AM
Nope. I just tried adding another section..the rotate button is still not enabled and it wants to continue in a straight line. Game is being deleted. I have better things to do with my time.

maguar
11-11-12, 12:24 PM
Nope. I just tried adding another section..the rotate button is still not enabled and it wants to continue in a straight line. Game is being deleted. I have better things to do with my time.

There is no rotate button for walls. If it's still going in a straight line you're just putting the wall next to the existing wall in the same line. You have to put the wall in the place it would be if it was all ready rotated.

What you are doing (Z being the new piece you're placing)

XXXZ

What you should be doing

Z
XXX

missoliviasmom
11-11-12, 01:06 PM
That is seriously the stupidest thing. I have no idea how I made it work..I just kept dropping he wall until it moved. Why not just enable the rotate button? I see many posts for people having he same problem and it could be solved quite easily by ENABLING THE ROTATE BUTTON

WinniePoooh
11-13-12, 07:51 PM
I can't rotate them too. I tried but I get a line or more lines, but all parallel.
No way for me to do two walls one Perpendicular to the other.
I see other can do it, but I'm not able.
Thanks.

WinniePoooh
11-13-12, 07:54 PM
Tried again and this time it worked, but the rotate tool it would be great as there is for all the other buildings.

Thanks.

MichelleMelton
11-14-12, 12:05 PM
My walls dont have the rotate option either. The 2 options I have with walls is "storage" & "sell". Yes, they DO need to enable the rotate button.....on anything & everything. Seriously! They also NEED 2 change their "gift sending". It sucks that we can ONLY send 3 gifts a day! I have LOTS of neighbors & choosing just 3 SUCKS! All other games, we can send gifts to ALL neighbors.

mrsactuarial
11-16-12, 04:09 PM
Anyone else having trouble doing this? The blue arrows are greyed out. I can rotate other buildings though...

KadeeDid
11-16-12, 04:14 PM
Anyone else having trouble doing this? The blue arrows are greyed out. I can rotate other buildings though...

I had trouble too until I put the wall next to another - looks like stacking them. Put it parallel as close as possible. It automatically rotated and then I could move it. play with moving it until it rotates. Really should be the option to rotate as that would make more sense.

mrsactuarial
11-16-12, 04:36 PM
That worked! Thanks!

Yes they really should just let you rotate it lol

kooky panda
11-16-12, 05:20 PM
Merging with current thread on this topic.

ninjaAhug
12-01-12, 08:02 PM
Just done it to easy :)

bbarra
01-20-13, 01:02 PM
I have totally away from another wall on grass with nothing close to it.

maguar
01-20-13, 01:32 PM
Just place the walls in the direction you want them to go. They'll auto rotate. (You need to have two walls touching each other for them to rotate)

lisa21maree
10-17-13, 10:59 PM
Doesn't work for me.

lisa21maree
10-17-13, 11:01 PM
Got it now - but the arrows should be working :|

ZOOMANIA69
04-13-16, 10:51 AM
Tried to place newly acquired hedges received from the Monster Hunt trades and noticed they won't rotate to the desired position. The rotate option is not available, Tested already placed hedges that are in the desired position and the ability to rotate them is gone as well. This severely limits decorating options. Thanks in advance for looking into this.

SparklyOctopus
04-13-16, 11:14 AM
Tried to place newly acquired hedges received from the Monster Hunt trades and noticed they won't rotate to the desired position. The rotate option is not available, Tested already placed hedges that are in the desired position and the ability to rotate them is gone as well. This severely limits decorating options. Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Hey there! :) It can be a bit confusing but we hope this tidbit will help teach how hedges rotate in game.

There is no rotate button for walls. If it's still going in a straight line you're just putting the wall next to the existing wall in the same line. You have to put the wall in the place it would be if it was all ready rotated.

What you are doing (Z being the new piece you're placing)

XXXZ

What you should be doing

Z
XXX