PDA

View Full Version : Comments lying about watering

Pseudo
05-22-10, 06:15 PM
I've been noticing dishonest 'NAME has watered your farm' comments on my profile a lot, including "watered your trees" When i have no trees, I think people are just shortcutting to posting and not actually helping...

So I suggest a change to the comment system:
1) Larger "X" buttons to delete (and make it more responsive, half the time i cant delete)
2) Make "Watered" comments one line, e.g.:
So-and-so has watered your farm!
3) Make player-written comments:
Name writes:
(text)
4) Add a toggle at the bottom (like for the social menu) where you can swap between waters and comments.

I just wanna know who's honestly watering and helping me, and who's lying for free watering!

-Pseudo

Pseudo
05-22-10, 06:21 PM
Can you also, either
1) Stop comments that get too long (character limit)
2) Auto-adjust something (either auto-split messages or auto expand the comment section) for comments longer then 3 lines?

Currently if you go over 2 lines it simply cuts off, no warning that you've exceeded the maximum (displayable) characters

Unregistered
05-24-10, 07:16 AM
I have to agree here. I get copy and pasted comments on my wall, about watering. It would be nice to have the available option to only be able to write on the wall if the player has indeed watered the farm. A seperate option for commenting or adding people would also be appropriate if the player is not a neighbor of the player who he/she visited to water. Such as a visitor comment wall. Add
me Chief Mallow

Farmer Grud
05-24-10, 07:31 AM
I have to agree here. I get copy and pasted comments on my wall, about watering. It would be nice to have the available option to only be able to write on the wall if the player has indeed watered the farm. A seperate option for commenting or adding people would also be appropriate if the player is not a neighbor of the player who he/she visited to water. Such as a visitor comment wall. Add
me Chief Mallow

If you could only comment on those pages that you had watered then what would you do when every crop on someones page was already watered? Or what if they had NO crops, say they had a Pig farm or something?

If you want to know if it's a lie or not, try deleting it. Official watering notices can NOT be deleted.

Unregistered
05-24-10, 07:56 AM
If you could only comment on those pages that you had watered then what would you do when every crop on someones page was already watered? Or what if they had NO crops, say they had a Pig farm or something?

If you want to know if it's a lie or not, try deleting it. Official watering notices can NOT be deleted.

Maybe the other option and display area for those that are just visiting and could not water, can use a section that allows them just to comment.

Unregistered
05-24-10, 12:58 PM
I also have noticed several comments a day that say "watered" but did not. How about earning gems/diamonds for the top people everyday who water other peoples farms. Or if you water xxx times you earn gems/diamonds. That should slow down the lying.