PDA

View Full Version : Expanding price

Unregistered
12-04-10, 04:26 AM
Hello forum..i just wanna ask why the price for expanding the restaurant changed? I wanted to expand my restaurant to the size of 11x14 and the price was 80.000 but when i hit 80.000 the price suddenly changed to 100.000. Why is this happening? Btw, my id is Jill_Lie and my restaurant's name is J-Lolicious.

deadpix
12-04-10, 12:31 PM
Hello forum..i just wanna ask why the price for expanding the restaurant changed? I wanted to expand my restaurant to the size of 11x14 and the price was 80.000 but when i hit 80.000 the price suddenly changed to 100.000. Why is this happening? Btw, my id is Jill_Lie and my restaurant's name is J-Lolicious.

Was this a recent thing? If so, you were probably looking at expansion prices during the big sale last weekend when they took 20% off the price of restaurant expansions, special appliances as well as the two lucky dip boxes.

Unregistered
12-04-10, 12:35 PM
Hello, I agree. I'm finding it really difficult to expand at all without buying gems. The same thing happened to me. I was about to expand after getting 10 neighbours, then found this option had disappeared altogether. I've now found the option to expand after 400,000 has been replaced with 500,000! Is there any point if the goalposts keep changing? No fun at all.

Bella

deadpix
12-04-10, 09:27 PM
Hello, I agree. I'm finding it really difficult to expand at all without buying gems. The same thing happened to me. I was about to expand after getting 10 neighbours, then found this option had disappeared altogether. I've now found the option to expand after 400,000 has been replaced with 500,000! Is there any point if the goalposts keep changing? No fun at all.

Bella

Was there ever an option to expand with just 10 neighbors and not having to spend a single coin? I've been playing RS since it's release and had always had to meet a neighbor requirement as well as pay for expansions.

As to the price going up, that too has been quite constant except, if I remember correctly, for a expensive change they made for the very first expansion a few days after the game was released.

The price going up from 400,000 to 500,000 is very likely due to the big sale they had during the thanksgiving weekend coming to a close. During that week, ALL expansion prices were 20% cheaper than normal. That would mean that an expansion that normally cost 500,000 would have been priced at 400,000 during the sale and one that was normally priced at 100,000 would cost 80,000 during the sale.

For the mathematically challenged, all you need to do is multiply the normal selling price by 0.8 to know the sale price or divide the sale price by 0.8 to know the normal selling price.

Personally, I jumped at the chance and expanded my restaurant 3 times during that weekend.

I'm really sorry to say this but if you want to know how to earn coins quickly in this game, please lookup some of the posts on strategies in the Discussion sub-forum instead of spending too much time wallowing in self-pity and grumbling about high prices; you'll find that it really is this expensive to expand your shops in many cities in the real world and to the people who say "But...but...but... this is just a game...," well, take this as a lesson.

Unregistered
12-05-10, 10:38 PM

Stupid ain't it? For that you can almost buy the chocolate fountain! But you were probably looking at the prices when it was the BIG THANKSGIVING SALE. I did that too i bought some gems and expanded my restuarant. Its easier that way only 10 bucks for 2 expansions is pricy but its not too bad...If you want a game like restuarant story look at Tap Resort and Christmas Resort for 110 gems its only $4.99 and everything bought specialty isnt ike 60 gems actually I think they are shells...Oh well same value!

Hope that helped!
ID sugarshake level:27 exquisite restuarant owner

Unregistered
12-06-10, 04:12 AM
Was this a recent thing? If so, you were probably looking at expansion prices during the big sale last weekend when they took 20% off the price of restaurant expansions, special appliances as well as the two lucky dip boxes.

Oh..maybe i was.. I'm new in this game..thanks for the information

Unregistered
12-06-10, 04:15 AM
Stupid ain't it? For that you can almost buy the chocolate fountain! But you were probably looking at the prices when it was the BIG THANKSGIVING SALE. I did that too i bought some gems and expanded my restuarant. Its easier that way only 10 bucks for 2 expansions is pricy but its not too bad...If you want a game like restuarant story look at Tap Resort and Christmas Resort for 110 gems its only $4.99 and everything bought specialty isnt ike 60 gems actually I think they are shells...Oh well same value!

Hope that helped!
ID sugarshake level:27 exquisite restuarant owner

Haha..thanx for the information, but i Just wanna play free :D