PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch playability

salinho
11-15-12, 10:39 AM
I was wondering if anyone else here uses an iPod touch to pay DS. Because in my nephew's account, using his iPod touch (not sure if it's second or third gen, but I think 3rd) the game runs with a massive lag. It is ridiiiiiiiiculously slow...

Maybe it's because the software hasn't been updated? I think the device might need to be restored and then updated, and in that case, I wonder if I can simply download the app after the update and it will work again, or if I need to transfer the game...

dragonolic
11-15-12, 10:40 AM
iPouch touch 3rd gen isn't supported by the game. I've tried it myself. You can technically install it and stuff but its so awful to try to play on that its not worth it.

dragonolic
11-15-12, 10:41 AM
or maybe mines 2nd gen, i forget now

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 10:43 AM
i have a second account that i use it runs fine

greygull
11-15-12, 11:13 AM
Try doing a hard reset. Older iPods can't close out app like newer ones, but a hard reset clears them. Press and hold both the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until you see the Apple symbol. Depending on how often the iPod is used (a game or two a day, several games serval times a day), you may want to do that often. I have a 2nd gen, and when my kids use it, I would do it every night after they were done with it, so I could use it in the morning.

salinho
11-15-12, 11:28 AM
I think this one might be 3rd gen, it's like two years old. It's very slow most of the time, sometimes it kinda runs smoothly. But mostly it's very laggy.

Try doing a hard reset. Older iPods can't close out app like newer ones, but a hard reset clears them. Press and hold both the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until you see the Apple symbol. Depending on how often the iPod is used (a game or two a day, several games serval times a day), you may want to do that often. I have a 2nd gen, and when my kids use it, I would do it every night after they were done with it, so I could use it in the morning.

Oooh, I'll try that. :D

salinho
11-16-12, 09:08 AM
It worked, greygull! It's running smoother now ;) thanks*

acrazy1
11-16-12, 12:13 PM
We have an older iPod touch that is used 4 1 of our accounts and yes it has major lag time. Not to mention all other types if issues running teamlava games. We've emailed support but all we have received a automated reply followed by a reply telling us to do e wry thing we have already done (and included in our message to them).
Needless to say, my children's frustration is beyond the charts and they are moving onto other companies games/apps because they can purchase gems nor or they offered the chance to earn them. As you know there are certain goals that require u to have gems to complete.

acrazy1
11-16-12, 12:27 PM
Our iPod touch which is experiencing the problems was purchased in November 2009 and can only be updated to ios 5.01. While they are getting a new u it 4 Christmas that does not help them until then and by Christmas the hot games/apps won't be hot then but it is hard to have 1 child have 731 neighbors in DS 1 have 475 neighbors on a newer iPod touch and the 1 with the oldest touch have 8 neighbors because they aren't able to do everything the others can, even though the game is suppose to be the same it really isn't. Having 3 devices has helped me get a real lesson on how the games/apps work.

salinho
11-16-12, 04:46 PM
Yeah, it's a bit sad indeed. My nephew's was bought in 2010 I think, and is in need of an update anyway, but still the lag isn't just a problem related to the device. Anyway, greygull's tip helped a bit. :) but I still hope some day the game will flow smoothly, like in one of my friend's iPhone.

bdocc
11-16-12, 05:15 PM
I play on iPad 2 and it works great for me. Also I never really got used to playing on an iPod touch!

acrazy1
11-16-12, 06:29 PM
The sad thing is the apps list specs as only needing ios 3.0 or higher. It's not just the lag time as alot of other issues with the device and the apps/games. It's us only with Teamlava apps/games which is a heartbreaker.