PDA

View Full Version : Highlighted Habitats Theory

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 08:34 AM
Recently I read a few posts about Stormies Park theories because honestly I started getting the same crazy ideas as the rest of you and searched the forum for a conspiracy theory! I came across the theory that if you are able to highlight any of the habitats on Stormies Park then that may be a clue of what you should breed to get______. Not sure what it means, but I wanted to post my most recent discovery. If you have 2 accounts you can test this yourself (for instance I play on iPad and on iPhone) It's worth noting that I have not always been able to highlight any habitats on Stormies, but can on neighbors and my own island. Only this week was I finally able to highlight 4 different habitats on Stormies (and not the ones I could play with).

My curiousity for what the highlighted habitats meant, led me to a quick experiment.

Step 1: I went to different neighbors islands and tapped on every single habitat.
Sometimes they all highlighted. Other times, some or none would highlight.

Step 2: I used my iPhone to visit my iPads island and tapped on all habitats. Same thing happened as with the neighbors, sometimes highlight and sometimes not.

Step 3: I did the exact same thing only I switched devices; I used my iPad to visit my iPhones island. Same results.

Now, here's when the lightbulb clicked on in my head. What if the highlight meant nothing more than the habitat was at coin capacity (or something like that). The thought led me to my next step:

Step 4. Let coins accumulate for a bit. Return to my islands with both screens pulled up to watch what happens simultaneously. (Mind you I had already played so the sparkling habitats were off limits) Using my iPad, I was able to highlight habitats on the iPhone and not others. So I collected all coins and refreshed the game. Went back to the island and was able to highlight every single habitat!

Step 5: switch devices and repeat. Exact same results.

So what does this mean? IDK but an interesting find I thought worth sharing. I'm curious to hear your results if you try it or throw out some new theories on what you think Stormies Island is trying to tell us. Also, later I went back to Stormies and still only the same 4 habitats will highlight. And my son checked Stormies from his iPod at the same time and he had different (only 3) habitats he could highlight. FYI.

sweetstuff525
11-15-12, 08:39 AM
i still havent proved it in dragon story but using this theory i got my diamond in monster story (maybe it was luck )
but yeah in monster story its harder since stormies habitat has 3 monsters in each habitata.. so i sold all of the same type until i had 3 1 of each type that i highlighted from stormi.. hoping that my highlight wont go away if i sold the wrong one .. thankfully i didnt lol

then i just tried combo that included at least one of the highlighted monsters and got my diamond

Could familiar and firestorm give me a diamond?

MazShaddix
11-15-12, 08:50 AM
Well I've just looked on stormie's park and I could only click on 3 habitats, both diamond habitats and 1 big habitat for light, but the others wouldn't highlight... But your theory does sort of make sense

eboats
11-15-12, 08:54 AM
Highlighted habitats do not matter

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 10:32 AM
I just notices Stormie got an update to his island lololololololol it's about time

sherrycake
11-15-12, 01:04 PM
OK here's what i think.

Stormies i think is trying to tell us something. do you notice the breeding and eggs in the nests? well i think you need to get an epic atlantis and a epic scorpian and get a magic, and breed the SAME THING and you MIGHT get a diamond dragon. im not saying that this is true, but i think it is. im always visiting stormies to get my rating higher, and thinking if there is any particular patterns. the only one i noticed is the breeding and nest one

please add me anyone who is level higher than 45, and rating is higher than 2. thanks!

ID sherrycake

Horntail21
11-15-12, 01:08 PM
Stormie's been breeding that Scorpion and Atlantis for at least two months now. Hey Stormie, hatch that third diamond already I think its rotten.

Horntail21
11-15-12, 01:09 PM
4th Diamond, excuse me

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 07:11 PM
Highlighted habitats do not matter

Do you work for TL? If you do, awesome! Just curious how you are sure of this...

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 07:13 PM
I just notices Stormie got an update to his island lololololololol it's about time

The only thing updated that I can see is the different egg. It was Magic and Diamond forever and now it's idk, I'm assuming its the new Leopard or whatever it is, but I didn't look it up. Seems nothing else has changed.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 07:18 PM
OK here's what i think.

Stormies i think is trying to tell us something. do you notice the breeding and eggs in the nests? well i think you need to get an epic atlantis and a epic scorpian and get a magic, and breed the SAME THING and you MIGHT get a diamond dragon. im not saying that this is true, but i think it is. im always visiting stormies to get my rating higher, and thinking if there is any particular patterns. the only one i noticed is the breeding and nest one

please add me anyone who is level higher than 45, and rating is higher than 2. thanks!

ID sherrycake

That same theory crossed my mind months ago, that if I bred what Stormie was breeding I could have a good Diamond chance... but I couldn't do anything about it because I didn't have the Scorpion or Atlantis. However, I did manage to breed an Atlantis and a Scorpion during within a few weeks after. Interesting.

CrimsonCalamity
11-16-12, 01:43 AM
I can understand why this theory exists, but it is a bit ridiculous now. So you are saying that supposedly you might have gotten a magic or a diamond from breeding Atlantis and scorpion right? I read someone saying that somewhere on here. For one, magic can't come out of that breeding anyway. Two, now magic is gone and there's a leopard dragon egg.

How did stormie breed a leopard from an Atlantis and a scorpion, anyway? XD

Really, guys. This is starting to sound like the lucky names theory and the lucky islands theory. Team Lava really doesn't want any big huge secret to their moneymaking dragon just handed out like that. Think about it. And even if you don't think it's a diamond, whatever is highlighted or whatever is in stormies breeding den is not just going to be easier to get suddenly. It's just as hard as it was before.

Just keep trying and you can breed any dragon without some big luck secret.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-18-12, 12:25 AM
I can understand why this theory exists, but it is a bit ridiculous now. So you are saying that supposedly you might have gotten a magic or a diamond from breeding Atlantis and scorpion right? I read someone saying that somewhere on here. For one, magic can't come out of that breeding anyway. Two, now magic is gone and there's a leopard dragon egg.

How did stormie breed a leopard from an Atlantis and a scorpion, anyway? XD

Really, guys. This is starting to sound like the lucky names theory and the lucky islands theory. Team Lava really doesn't want any big huge secret to their moneymaking dragon just handed out like that. Think about it. And even if you don't think it's a diamond, whatever is highlighted or whatever is in stormies breeding den is not just going to be easier to get suddenly. It's just as hard as it was before.

Just keep trying and you can breed any dragon without some big luck secret.

No, not really what I was trying to say. Hard to put into words I guess. I understand the elements and I am an avid user of the breeding calculator on wiki. So I was not trying to say we could breed a different element from whatever was in the Stormie den. I was just trying to say that there were a few lucky possibilities or a few different strategiesto test out. The Nests, the Den, the Highlighted Habitats are all separate ideas. I bred a Scorpion and Atlantis in 2 different games while they were in Stormies den. (Which I tried for months to get and never could before that.) the nest egg idea was not mine, but I thought it possible that it was a clue to use a magic element in breeding to get a diamond. However now Stormies has changed, so idk.

Initially, I conducted an experiment bc I wanted to know, as many others, why some highlight and some don't and some people including myself cannot highlight at all at times. On my own island I came to the conclusion that the highlight has something to do with coin capacity. But Stormies highlights stayed the same for me everyday last week (before the update) everytime I went I could play with different dragons but the highlights stayed the same. Which, you would think that Stormies would always be at coin capacity with so many people going there daily. But I realize that since Stormie is everyone's nbr they obviously cannot construct it the same as everyone else's game... Meaning there's a chance of a clue somewhere in there for each of our islands.

And most likely results are simply coincidence, but there is a chance that there is a way to discover your luck, if that makes sense. When I get a diamond by chance, accident, or luck... Then I will quit thinking of strategies or possibilities, and start wondering what the heck I did right!

Darkstorm2
11-18-12, 06:01 AM
You can learn more from the forum than stormie's island... If you are posting on here then you have access to all the info you need. Stormie is not telling us anything we don't already know, if anything at all. You need the four colors to breed a diamond...

PDAGuppies
11-18-12, 08:04 AM
You can also try to do an experiment (but I'm not sure if any one wants to spend two months or even more breeding Atlantis x scorpion)

sherrycake
11-27-12, 04:12 PM
That same theory crossed my mind months ago, that if I bred what Stormie was breeding I could have a good Diamond chance... but I couldn't do anything about it because I didn't have the Scorpion or Atlantis. However, I did manage to breed an Atlantis and a Scorpion during within a few weeks after. Interesting.
Yes... I have a Atlantis, no scorpion. How did you get yours?