PDA

View Full Version : What idiotic things have you done in CS?

AkumaNeko
11-14-12, 11:33 PM
I just accidentally bought a second conservatory, not realizing my first is not even built! *bashes head*

zombiefun
11-15-12, 03:42 AM
Used one lantern on wrong expansion site. Spent money on smthg when last lantern was almost done for long awaited expansion. Doh! ;)
But I didn't load natures caravan and building caravan. Thanx to reference guide I knew that I will need that stuff soon.

syrenas
11-15-12, 05:15 AM
Load 60 jewels for the caravan while i need those jewel to craft royal beam n block. Now im stuck. The caravan still pending because other task not complete plus magic forge and observatory is laying out there dont know when will be built. My sparkling mine suddenly stop produced jewels. And i have no coins to buy the stone 

marrrina
11-15-12, 06:23 AM
Does falling into 2 gem traps in less than 24 hours count as idiotic? -______- So aggravated.

rene2222
11-15-12, 08:02 AM
1. Bought the same building without realising one sitting on the land not build yet.
2. Fall into gem trap not just once!!!

howdy2you
11-15-12, 09:50 AM
I just accidentally bought a second conservatory, not realizing my first is not even built! *bashes head*

Ouch! That's gotta hurt. Bright side conservatory brings in a whole lot of coins.
I used a gem to speed up a lantern so I could expand and go to sleep only to realize I still needed another lantern after producing 3 more earth wisps. Dissapointment.

AkumaNeko
11-15-12, 10:00 AM
Used one lantern on wrong expansion site. Spent money on smthg when last lantern was almost done for long awaited expansion. Doh! ;)
But I didn't load natures caravan and building caravan. Thanx to reference guide I knew that I will need that stuff soon.

I read the guides but must have not absorbed it cause I loaded the building caravan :/

mymummy789
11-15-12, 10:11 AM
bought and bashed up several large rocks to gather jewels to make a royal beam, then crafted a royal block instead *arrgggghhh*

maguar
11-15-12, 12:17 PM
Crafted two lumin essence for the cathedral when I didn't need to. Not a good use of earth wisps

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 12:34 PM
bought and bashed up several large rocks to gather jewels to make a royal beam, then crafted a royal block instead *arrgggghhh*

Yes I did that too.... Was sooooo annoyed!!!!!

coolgamegirl27
11-15-12, 01:38 PM
Does falling into 2 gem traps in less than 24 hours count as idiotic? -______- So aggravated.

If it does you can count me as idiotic too!! Too much enthusiastic tapping:(

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 04:21 PM
If it does you can count me as idiotic too!! Too much enthusiastic tapping:(

When I first started the game I was tapping and falling into the gem trap a LOT. But it has been weeks since that has happened ....most of my lost gems was from swiping ..... It is automatic for me to swipe away from the trap now. (Touching wood)

totaltechno
11-15-12, 04:54 PM
Bought a Pig and Sheep not knowing you can get them from Adventures

freshpickins
11-15-12, 05:35 PM
Used the earth wisp on the wrong expansion when I was just browsing. Do u guys get lumin essence from quests or adventures? Very curious .....

shakiba
11-15-12, 05:39 PM
Not much yet, but fell in a gem trap twice bc the game froze and apparently my finger was on the slot thingy, but don't care because I'm only playing for gems on the other game. :) Plus, I just realised that every expansion spot require different amount of things. Wow.

ninjaAhug
11-15-12, 11:19 PM
. It is automatic for me to swipe away from the trap now. (Touching wood)
Nothing suss hehe :)

ninjaAhug
11-16-12, 03:17 AM
Urgh couldn't work out why my quest wasn't completing just relished I made 2 flag poles instead the actual flag.

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 03:35 AM
I'm playing my own and also my daughter's game (she gave up coz she couldn't cope with changes and gem traps) and I get confused with what I need in which game sometimes. Stupidly started a lantern when I needed an enchanted beam.

More coffee, anyone?

thatgirl444
11-16-12, 03:59 AM
you can get the from adventures???? how?

thatgirl444
11-16-12, 04:00 AM
oops...thought i added the quoate...lol....i mean how do you get a pig and sheep from adventures?...are those the quests from the castle?

maguar
11-16-12, 04:01 AM
oops...thought i added the quoate...lol....i mean how do you get a pig and sheep from adventures?...are those the quests from the castle?

Yes they're from the keep. They're a very rare drop

thatgirl444
11-16-12, 04:09 AM
which quest are they from? the top one or the one with swords? the one with swords has been dropping 2 gems each time

maguar
11-16-12, 04:17 AM
which quest are they from? the top one or the one with swords? the one with swords has been dropping 2 gems each time

Potentially from any. It's just random. You'll know you've got something rare (dragon statue, animal or dank rock)if there is a black bos when you finish the quest.

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 04:20 AM
I've had one sheep and two pigs from the quests.

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 04:22 AM
I always make sure I have the items needed for quests ready long before I have to use them, just so I don't waste any time as the quests take so long anyway!

Baraze
11-16-12, 04:42 AM
Blew over 60 gems in a couple days by simple collecting coins from buildings and having the dummy "insta finish" button, make the time to quickly again.

I've gathered a mass of gems again by downloading and playing zoo story two and have done a semi decent job of keeping them safe. Minus the gems taken from my accidentally paying for a fancy block.

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 12:19 PM
I always make sure I have the items needed for quests ready long before I have to use them, just so I don't waste any time as the quests take so long anyway!

Me too

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 12:23 PM
Blew over 60 gems in a couple days by simple collecting coins from buildings and having the dummy "insta finish" button, make the time to quickly again.

I've gathered a mass of gems again by downloading and playing zoo story two and have done a semi decent job of keeping them safe. Minus the gems taken from my accidentally paying for a fancy block.

You sure have to be careful where you tap with TL games..... I hadn't lost any gems for weeks but last night 4 disappeared on me, No idea where they went ..... Yes I have a stash from zoo story too

zombiefun
11-16-12, 01:29 PM
I gave up on stash. It is better if I speed up something useful instead of accidental waste. No gems - no problem. ;)

jetskie2
11-16-12, 01:38 PM
fell into gem trap about 10 times before i cottoned on. i wont buy any more gems now as it is tooooooooooooooooooo easy to loose them on this game.

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 01:44 PM
fell into gem trap about 10 times before i cottoned on. i wont buy any more gems now as it is tooooooooooooooooooo easy to loose them on this game.

I will buy some but only if I have something specific that I want to spend them on... The only stockpiling I do is from the freebies from other promo games

ninjaAhug
11-16-12, 07:07 PM
I was just about to build my kitchen and needed 1 more stone block, after it completed I put in to make a fancy block to keep progress going for my house for ivy so yes of course I now need one more stone block again fml lol

wendelter
05-19-13, 04:43 PM
Ya I spent a gem on speeding up magic ink 2:00 minutes and realized my next energy refile was in two minutes :P

corko111
05-19-13, 05:04 PM
I keep building flower beds. We need a cancel button on builds etc. you loose all the materials but can cancel and build something you need

elaur
05-19-13, 08:08 PM
I keep building flower beds. We need a cancel button on builds etc. you loose all the materials but can cancel and build something you need

Me too! I think it's because I assume that the items are in the same place in the tinker and workshop.

vchanhs
05-19-13, 08:15 PM

Try storing that crafting building and taking it out again.

Triple_K
05-19-13, 09:28 PM
Accidentally crafted a wooden bench instead of fancy block when I have like 4 overgrown benches from adventure. Oh those 10 iron ores...felt precious like 10 silver ores lol, I had smashed some rocks to get em and lost them the moment after :( silly me

HNO3
05-19-13, 10:11 PM
I used most of my fur up on trapper trades, forgetting I needed it to upgrade my theater. Delayed me getting the alicorn quest by a week or two. Then the other day I found a completed trapper trade I didn't remember starting. Must have done it when I was half asleep and couldn't resist the lure of the orange button. Oh well, it's not like I'll have the space or building materials for the ampitheater any time soon.

maguar
05-19-13, 11:41 PM
I timed it so I could finish one royal sundae and the use it to make a sweet feast over night. Collected the sundae only to find out I made cake.

HNO3
05-22-13, 01:30 PM
I went to sleep last night thinking I had the last 3 lanterns for the Sabina expansion cooking, only to wake up and find out it was 2 lanterns and a wisp. Doh! Started the last lantern, collected it at lunchtime and pulled all my towers out of storage, only to find I was 83 RP short. Doh! again. Bought a library, but now I'm 10k short of the expansion fee. I'll get it tonight but I was so psyched that I had everything prepped and ready to go.

bluebird5555
05-22-13, 05:19 PM
I'm too ashamed to confess my blunders😏😳😢😜. Let's just say "yipes and yipes" again!?!

ajax1964
05-22-13, 05:45 PM
I'd have to say crafting a Mithral Gem trap. That hurt.

TinksThots
05-22-13, 07:37 PM
Caved in and did the Trapper Trade: 30 hides, 15 wool, 15 fur, because I desperately wanted fancy supplies, knowing full well (but having forgotten) that the marketplace was gonna want hides next. Sure enough, on the very next market collection, the quest triggered. I got the marketplace full of hides with TWO HOURS to spare. I was delirious from sleep deprivation, and I'm sure my cows were exhausted! ^_^

happy_carol94
05-22-13, 11:37 PM
I was in rush and forgot which last trade I crafted at Royal exchange then I collected from it while my energy was 29 and clicked everything too fast, it?s meat delivery so I only got 1 energy instead of 10! :eek:

puffindutch
05-23-13, 12:31 AM
Having been amused by someone who accidentally sped up a carrot for 8 gems, yeah you guessed it. Whoosh I got myself a very expensive shiny new carrot....It still hurts and now I really hate carrots!!!

vchanhs
05-23-13, 12:31 AM
- Wasting 240 mermaid scales to upgrade 4 love spires but only display one
- Spend gems to buy stone gate and floral gate and realized they only give 1 royal point
- Buying 4 watch towers, 4 lantern spire, 4 farmhouse and 4 cottage and realized that is too many
- Spend gems to buy orange tree only to get another one from adventure a few days later
- Spend gems to buy pink cow only to get another one from adventure
- Putting castle in the middle of kingdom and end up falling into gem trap as the castle is too large
- Trying to load bones into rich windbag quest and end up clicking the skip button.

Most of my mistakes involved gem wastage...lol...

HNO3
05-23-13, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I got gemtrapped by a carrot once too. Those suckers are evil, I tell you. I'm pretty sure the very best thing about the royal exchange is never having to plant another carrot.

Sobepeng
05-23-13, 01:20 AM
-14 gem carrot
-numerous other careless gem traps that I can't even remember at this point

In the past I got so pissed at a gem trap I decided to waste a few more gems on random speed ups out of frustration. Luckily stuff that were all in the 1-3 gem range.

drevo77
05-23-13, 03:13 AM
I keep crafting stupid white flower box decors by mistake., grrrr another 2 hrs wasted., cant even sell em for coins. I hate em! lol

konstans07
05-23-13, 04:56 AM
Pay 22 gems for a carot !!!
It was an accident but I'm still laughing!!!

vchanhs
05-23-13, 05:25 AM
Pay 22 gems for a carot !!!
It was an accident but I'm still laughing!!!

That cost more than a carrot IRL if you convert the gems to cash. Lol.

prettyplease
05-24-13, 08:14 AM
I have forgotten to send my knights out and go in the morning to collect my adventure only to discover I lost a full day. It hurts! I have a months worth of adventure supplies fully crafted and waiting. I still haven't unlocked the Alicorn. It seems every time I get lucky enough to hit a gold box, I forget to go back and send my boys out :(

Sobepeng
05-24-13, 10:31 AM
Had an alarm on my phone. Was playing CS before going to sleep. Somehow woke up and found that I paid 10 gems for 5 energy with my energy full. Must've been my attempt to **** the alarm while sleeping.

oliverrr11
10-26-13, 07:28 PM
-A while back I thought I was "crafting" a heart cow in the love shack for jewels, when I was really buying it for gems
-Then I did the exact same thing for the pink chicken
-Then I tried the sheep and realized what I was doing
-I read a post where someone sped up a mushroom and I was laughing. The same day I ended up doing the same thing

Queenzod
10-26-13, 10:43 PM
Bought a cathedral, and with much patience and hard work, got it up to Lv5. Then I accidentally sold it! Had to start all over again. Argh!

Castloninian
10-26-13, 11:03 PM
I was waiting for bestiary books when the glimmergate quest came along. Made an enchanted mithril bar for that only to realise I should have saved my mithril for my whisperweight net :(. I now have all the bestiaries but only 6 mithril.

zoroak
10-27-13, 01:05 AM
Collected a burning ember, made a fiery potion instead of using it to get a dragon, doh!
Have a lonely dragon egg, waiting for ember, darn if I'd want to make any more of those sweet feasts!

wswau
10-27-13, 10:37 PM
Spent money on CS even though it is only 99c. :D

BriarAvenue
10-29-13, 11:20 PM
Yup, I got my black sheep, black cow n a few pigs that way.
Forgot which adventure that is, probably the one fighting robbers.

I fell into gem traps many times. Got 1 extra wooden sword in the inventory when I first started playing games.
Chopped some tall grasses when I didn't mean to. Other than those, seems ok for me.

Oh, I deleted one or two neighbours by accident too. Too embarrassed to invite them again.
If that is you, my apologies!

mymummy789
10-31-13, 02:23 AM
just packed my knights off to Hunt Roaming Bandits instead of the Glimmer Gate adventure :mad:
I am now wondering how many times I have done this before!!!!!

TinksThots
11-01-13, 12:18 AM
Sped up an adventure hoping for that bat. Didn't get it. Then it dawned on me: if I get it from an adventure, it's free. If I get it for gems later, it would only cost once. But now... If I don't get it from the adventure, it's the bat cost anyway plus what I just spent. When you get all your gems in-game without real money, you slap yourself in the forehead EXTRA hard for pulling something like that. >.<

jtm101
11-01-13, 04:45 AM
Today i idiotically/accidentally sped up a Simple Glue with 50 seconds left to finish. Fortunately it only cost me 1 gem.

nasha86
11-01-13, 05:04 AM
With sleepy eyes, I accidentally spent 10 gems to speed up a purple cow, just to receive 40 coins in return. If I could receive something instead of money, I wouldn't regret that so much.

vitriolicheart
11-01-13, 05:09 AM
Actually thought I had a chance of getting a Glimmerbat :/

oliverrr11
11-01-13, 09:55 AM
Actually thought I had a chance of getting a Glimmerbat :/

LOLOL! Sad, but so true

Gardienn
11-01-13, 08:51 PM
Omigosh! This thread just made me laugh out loud and I had to clamp my mouth so I didn't wake everyone up! You know why I laugh out loud, don't you...

LOL

minndom
11-02-13, 11:14 AM
Jtm101, I did something similar. Only that I was maxed out on the item already..

preinsko
11-03-13, 10:51 AM
When I first started the game I cut down all the trees and mined all the rocks thinking that would trigger quests. AFter painfully creating 10 lanterns to expand I clicked on skip, I was after magic garden and it turned out I expanded wrong section. Oh the pain!

BriarAvenue
11-03-13, 11:30 AM
Me too, sometimes eager to come and have a good laugh which is quite idiotic by itself!

BriarAvenue
11-03-13, 11:36 AM
Actually I need to search info here, but was addicted to come in to have a look.
Then I forgot what I came to search for, really silly of me.

freesiawoods
11-04-13, 02:18 AM
Yesterday I purchased energy for 20 gems, again! Always happens when I get impatient slaying the danged fangbeasts and don't realise I'm out of energy!

maguar
11-04-13, 02:48 PM
Yesterday I purchased energy for 20 gems, again! Always happens when I get impatient slaying the danged fangbeasts and don't realise I'm out of energy!

Use the left and middle options instead of the one on the right. You'll be much less likely to do this again.

Triple_K
11-04-13, 04:05 PM
I made the most horrible mistake...SOLD MY ALICORN! By accident of course, was redecorating my kingdom and selling quite a few walls. He was right next to one of them and before I realized it, it was too late...he was gone.
Fortunately for me I was pardoned by TL and had him returned back to me. Whew, thank God. boy was I relieved!
I was warned that this was only a one time thing, but I am pretty sure I won't make that mistake again because I'm gonna be super careful from now on.
But seems like mistake is after me lol...When it comes to gems I'm careful, I rarely lose gems by speed up. Apart from yesterday, I had not lost any for a very long time as I used to when I first started playing...I've been at lvl 30 for a few mths now. Lucky for me it was only 3 gems but the item was too close so that's why. Hopefully I'm not headed for a mistake streak and that was it lol.

Gardienn
11-04-13, 07:49 PM
I made the most horrible mistake...SOLD MY ALICORN! By accident of course, was redecorating my kingdom and selling quite a few walls. He was right next to one of them and before I realized it, it was too late...he was gone.
Fortunately for me I was pardoned by TL and had him returned back to me. Whew, thank God. boy was I relieved!

Wow. I'm so glad they gave him back to you. Thank you, TeamLava, for your mercy on a player!

freesiawoods
11-04-13, 09:42 PM
Use the left and middle options instead of the one on the right. You'll be much less likely to do this again.

Yes, I forgot that :-(

ghjvcucjb
11-04-13, 10:05 PM
A few evenings ago I was very tired and while closing down all my games for the evening, realized I needed chocolate bars for one of greselda's potions. When I checked the next day there were no bars in the kitchens. Very iritating. It wasn't until later when I checked my farm story 2 that I realized I had made the chocolate bars over there. Wish I could send stuff from my farm to my castle.

BriarAvenue
11-04-13, 10:59 PM
A few evenings ago I was very tired and while closing down all my games for the evening, realized I needed chocolate bars for one of greselda's potions. When I checked the next day there were no bars in the kitchens. Very iritating. It wasn't until later when I checked my farm story 2 that I realized I had made the chocolate bars over there. Wish I could send stuff from my farm to my castle.

:D lol

tinkiie
11-05-13, 01:22 AM
well, fat fingers for me.. always wasting gems cos my finger is too fat and i clickkkkkkkkkkkkk accidentally on the SPEED UP!

tigarlilyvol
11-05-13, 04:50 AM
I was in the quest for the bat when I got my final T and T badge and just now realized I forgot to get the Knights Hall. Was too obsessed with bat!

Triple_K
11-05-13, 07:00 AM
Wow. I'm so glad they gave him back to you. Thank you, TeamLava, for your mercy on a player!

Yea I was super glad :) and very grateful to TL.

Castloninian
11-05-13, 01:39 PM
Not me today, but my 6 year old son had a peek at Castle Story and ended up speeding up Wizard School. He did own up to it and before I could react in any way, shape or form he reminded me it is only a game...

BriarAvenue
11-16-13, 04:33 PM
I got my cherry blossoms back by force closing the game.
Then it happened again, force closing doesn't work anymore.
Gifts from neighbors don't show in my inventory!
Then after a while I realized it's my neighbors requesting blossoms from me, not giving me gifts!
��

CLOVERKAITO
11-16-13, 08:10 PM
Castloninian: Haha! Your son had a good point! It's only a game XDDDD

Definitely gem traps. They are annoying. I once sped up the adventure and lost 100+ gems OTL
The other time I double tapped and ended up buying 12 energies with 20 gems...
and also speeding up random things unintentionally... or clicked skip on goals when I didn't mean to...

bowlfullofcherries
11-16-13, 09:05 PM
Idiotic things I've done...? Hmm.

Spending large gobs of gems in mad moments of impatience to speed up goals only to find I needed them for purchasing buildings/specialty items.

nasha86
11-17-13, 07:31 PM
Really angry about myself now. For a half of year, I never stick in a gems trap. But now, it often more regularly. Sleepy eyes made me lose at least 50 gems already while double taps and no idea whether that speed up deserve it. Agrrrr....

forkyfork99
04-10-14, 10:33 AM
A couple days ago I bragged about how I was maxed out on sap and wouldn't need anymore for a while.

And then I had to build a bunch of glues and blocks .. and now I'm begging for the stuff again - LOL.

Also, I can't tell you how many countless hours I've stayed up past my bedtime just waiting for a building to be ready when I really should have gone to sleep. Especially if it's something with a long waiting period like the tablet or Ivy's hut.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-10-14, 10:38 AM
After just warning somebody to sloooooow down when collecting (that's her above ^, hey forkyfork lol) .... Yesterday I lost 105 gems accidentally speeding up knights on barracks adventure ... ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE!!!! Oy
*grabbing a pencil to bite on* lol

oliverrr11
04-10-14, 10:44 AM
I started playing castle story.

forkyfork99
04-10-14, 10:52 AM
After just warning somebody to sloooooow down when collecting (that's her above ^, hey forkyfork lol) .... Yesterday I lost 105 gems accidentally speeding up knights on barracks adventure ... ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE!!!! Oy
*grabbing a pencil to bite on* lol

Oh no!!!! I hope you got a nice haul at least :'(

I have been slowing down a lot though, and I'm proud to say I've been "accidental gem click" free for about a week now. However, last night I did suffer the "I'm impatient and want to go to sleep so i'll use a few gems to speed up things" trap. But, at least I didn't gasp out loud or curse after my gems were spent like what otherwise happens LOL

doobievilla
04-10-14, 10:52 AM
trading Golden Apple other day not realizing I needed for Adament Alchemey quest

roguebee
04-10-14, 11:04 AM
I started playing castle story.

Me too. I feel the pain.

shambalaya
04-11-14, 02:11 AM
I put my phone in my pocket with the screen on, when I took the phone out I had managed to buy COINS (totally NOT) worth 250 gems. It's about a year ago, but it still hurts!

eva178
04-11-14, 10:57 AM
My Idiotic Story: buying Gems in a other game to get faster at lv. ? So I did get the 15 Gems reward on my Castle Story Game...!!!
Absolutly my biggest moment of loosing my IQ, ��

camber16
04-23-14, 12:40 AM
Wish I had read this earlier! Now I know where my goods are disappearing to, the blooming Caravan goals. *rolls eyes at self*

55lee55
05-12-14, 01:28 PM
I never read this thread before! Don't know how I missed it. I just finished reading from beginning to end, and this is my new favorite thread. I love to see how other players face their biggest oops moments with such a creative sense of humor!

I have to say that I probably have done the same or close to to every goof I see here (and then some) that have been possible for me to do to do since I started playing Castle Story (by this I mean I haven't goofed about things like the Love Shack which was before my time). The only notable exception is that I haven't actually sold an Alicorn (yet), but I have come very close to it once or twice!

Possibly my biggest blunder is that when I was down to the very last (and most expensive) expansion square, I craft craft crafted to get the entire sales price, and after I had just popped out my last lantern and I was so happy to finally be done with it that I accidentally clicked the button to pay my way through! So now I am sitting on a bunch of unused lanterns, and am reminded anew of my colossal goof every time I scroll through my Inventory! I was able to spend the extra trade tickets on whatever building required them to level up (don't remember which one that was, the Royal Chateau maybe?) so I was able to cut my losses a little bit, but I don't have a use for all of these hard to craft lanterns. I suppose that it isn't so much a loss as a setback, but I facepalm every time I think of what may be my most expensive blunder yet! I do have the consolation that I will have a head start on my lanterns when we have the next expansion.

Speaking of goofing on Alicorns, when I bought my first one I was still not truly understanding the gem trap, and I was also unclear on what the Alicorn was supposed to do, so I kept clicking on my new baby in the hope that I could figure out what it did! Yes, I used up my entire stock of gems that I had just purchased! Not only did I deprive my firstborn baby beastie of it's entire childhood, I didn't realize that I was buying energy every time I clicked on my rapidly grown up Alicorn, expecting to see it do something remarkable. I became frustrated when it kept jumping up and down and apparently not doing anything. When I realized that my gem hoard was entirely depleted, I was so dense that I still didn't "see" what I was doing wrong, lol. I only realized that I was obviously missing something very important to my bank account, but for some reason I was having an extended senior moment, and I couldn't tell where gems were going! No I didn't stop there, but compounded my mistake by immediately losing an entire second gem purchase! Fortunately I found this forum, searched for Alicorn, and and did a facepalm when I saw the error of my ways!

That was only my first spectacular misunderstanding, but it rivaled if not exceeded my expansion goof. I was and still am happy to have this forum available, because for most of my errors I can find the answer to my questions without actually having to embarrass myself by asking someone to tell me where I goofed. I find that although I still fall into gem traps, the more experience I have the less gem traps I encounter.

I usually click ahead to collect my matured assets, and have discovered that if I notice that I have done something unintended, say chop a tree as I was passing by, I can stop a mistake from happening if I notice it soon enough, by clicking on the edit button. While not a cancel button, it does stop collecting as soon as I go into the Edit mode and it cancels my click aheads, thereby allowing me to avoid that uncomfortable feeling of watching my mistakes unfolding right before my eyes and being unable to stop it. It takes practice to get there quickly, and now for instance I say click on all of my cows, if I get the black flag telling me that I am full of milk and still have cows in my queue, I can intervene and stop further unprofitable moves. Not a perfect solution and I can't go back, but is is a way I can reduce but not completely eliminate some of my errors, and I need all the help I can get!

This thread is an awesome reminder to me that other people make the same mistakes I do. If I need an attitude adjustment over my mistakes, I not only can read here see that I am not the only one who has made most of the same mistakes, but I can find the correct humorous perspective to fit any occasion and I don't have to always make one up!

Awesome thread! I am sore from laughing but it is worth the pain! Not laughing at anyone but me, but laughing hard at so many humorous comments all in one place! Thanks!

zoo123g
05-12-14, 02:24 PM
bought so many gems :(

Nora57f
12-04-15, 12:39 AM
I totally just did that! How in the world did you get them to return it to you? Seriously I'm just gonna give up if I have to start all over, any advice?

Jinc4
12-04-15, 01:11 AM
I love this thread! It makes me feel so much better to know I am not the only one to lose gems in such silly ways, stay up way too late / wake up in the night to collect things. I am permanently tired since I started Castle Story!!!

I read somewhere else on this forum that if you fall into a gem trap, very quickly switch your device into flight mode for a few minutes. It can stop your device synchronising with the server and save the gems. I practised and practised switching into flight mode (it takes 2 swipes and one button on my tablet). A couple of days ago I fell into a gem trap and switched to flight mode....it worked!!!! I didn't lose the gems. Maybe I was lucky, but I am going to keep practising and be ready to do this again!!! Has anyone else managed to do this? Any more tips?

jbfps116
12-04-15, 06:39 AM
IT's luck. I tried it several times and it never worked.

freesiawoods
12-04-15, 07:04 AM
Just did it on my minor account. Forgot about the thankful quest on the second last day, then came in and sent out request for magnifying glasses. But the count after one day was stuck at 14/15. Running out of time, I spent 100 gems to finish the thankful table. Big mistake of course, as I should have used 120 gems to get the magnifying glasses, finish the quest and get the sapphires as well as the table. Dumb!!! And in the process I mistapped the thankful table and spent a bunch of gems to speed it. Not my best CS day.

cyndora
12-04-15, 04:48 PM
i did something crazy....well not me my dog.

i was laying on the floor playing castle story with my dog and sharing a piece of chicken , well some crumbs landed on the ipad that was on the floor, the phone rang, i got up, answered the phone, then turned around........ stay still my beating heart!

i saw my dog standing above the ipad , licking it! because of the crumbs!!!

i had some gems saved up like around 470 or so, and i didnt notice it right away but, when i checked she bought me a mithril dragon!!!!! and i saw a little tiny pile of gems in the bank.....i looked at her and smiled and gave her a big kiss!. true story !

xox

mreames
12-04-15, 05:15 PM
I hope it was your first mithril dragon. Lol

i was laying on the floor playing castle story with my dog and sharing a piece of chicken , well some crumbs landed on the ipad that was on the floor, the phone rang, i got up, answered the phone, then turned around........ stay still my beating heart!

i had some gems saved up like around 470 or so, and i didnt notice it right away but, when i checked she bought me a mithril dragon!!!!! and i saw a little tiny pile of gems in the bank.....i looked at her and smiled and gave her a big kiss!. true story !

xox

cyndora
12-04-15, 07:15 PM
yes , it was! and i think thats why i was completly fine with it. i was going to wait for a sale though lol

just didnt think i was going to get it so soon.... weeks later they were on sale.....i thought i raised a better doggie .... lmao

roguebee
12-04-15, 08:43 PM

xox
Great story. I can imagine mine doing the same thing.

Sandybellee
12-05-15, 04:39 AM

xox

Lol! You have a smart puppy! She could have just sped something up.

coolssp
12-06-15, 11:47 AM
Didn't take advantage of Black Friday sale :( should have bought the second living tree and cabbage hut

jao1961
12-07-15, 07:08 PM
I've done all these plus more lol. I've purchased windmill 3 or 4 x now hoping to build. Then get another build quest and not enough wool. It needs 60 for Pete's sake you would think I could get it right but nooo. I just sell it back and continue on.

Britilina
02-07-16, 08:51 PM
In Stargazer's Ridge quest, I was saving up Earth Wisps to level the ridge up to lv4. Had 6 out of 10. Went to Workshops, crafted two more and was out of coal.

Harvested ten times at a Rock Outcropping and got enough coal to make a third Wisp at my Tinker's Camp. Imagine my surprise to find I'd mined 49 coal!!!

Upon further imvestigation, I found I had not crafted two more Wisps in my Workshops as I wanted but had, in fact, crafted two Wisp Lanterns. Good bye, 60% of that building requirement done already. *headdesk*

Sheeba8188
02-11-16, 02:06 PM
Ya I spent a gem on speeding up magic ink 2:00 minutes and realized my next energy refile was in two minutes :P

Your not the only one who has done this I have sped up my workshops and tinker camp just before bed to get ornates or lanterns ready for morning to then realise I have to wait 9 minutes to collect them through no energy!

Me too! I think it's because I assume that the items are in the same place in the tinker and workshop.

Definitely the amount if times I have quickly jumped from workshop to tinker camp and end up building the stone block and your then 15 minutes out of sync with tinker and workshops grrrrrrrr!!!

cyndora
02-11-16, 06:22 PM
started a day with my ipad completely charged.....was decorating kingdom way too long....partner came home from work and wanted to play his games....ipad says its at 9 percent .....ops....sorry ....

you might want to play plugged in lmao

riverly
02-11-16, 07:06 PM
I sped up a carrot. Why?? I do not know.

that is so funny! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but you've made my day! Xxx. SW :):):):):):):):):) I'm starting an indulgent post in the Hub for my favourite posts and this is my first entry. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190384&viewfull=1#post1190384

bebitanuspuneper0864213579
02-13-16, 10:49 AM
My son wanted to show me something and while looking, i speed up an adventure and lost 70 gems for my first wizzard school. ( i almost cried)

and

in my second cs i lost twice a lot of trade tickets on royal excange with ornate supply crate ( i wanted to press <craft open camp >but my tablet had another opinion)

zaccy678
02-13-16, 12:02 PM

Maybe Daisy was really, really hungry??

bobdient100
02-14-16, 07:17 AM
Was so excited about "The Baron's Royal Pet" that I immediately purchased the $19.99 Gems (at no discount) to buy the Living Tree, Mystic Mushrooms, a pig, a sheep, and the Glimmerdust Trove even after checking my inventory and knowing I still won't meet the quest because 3 days is not enough time to get the hard to come by 60 Prime Cuts and 30 Truffles.

And to add injury to insult, I loaded all my living wood, mushrooms, eggs, roasted chickens, milk and Glimmerdust I had, which I will lose at the end of the quest.

ladyperidot
02-15-16, 10:08 AM

that is so funny! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but you've made my day! Xxx. SW :):):):):):):):):) I'm starting an indulgent post in the Hub for my favourite posts and this is my first entry. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190384&viewfull=1#post1190384

I've also done that! Today, meant to select luminous essence in the potions shop as I need a few more for the fade print elixir. Selected architects paste instead!!! Arg... Luckily I have a second potions shop, but still...

RoseMeyer
02-15-16, 05:48 PM
Im pretty sure the most idiotic thing ive done is click the download button. Hee

kellbell710
02-15-16, 07:49 PM
I've started the wrong castle adventure for a quest, not once, but twice.

Also - I also spent over 100 gems upgrading my orphanage that does nothing but give a few coins.

camber16
02-16-16, 01:49 AM
I sped up an adventure by accident within two minutes of starting it. Another unwanted overgrown bench does not make losing all my gems worth it. *cries*

eva178
02-16-16, 07:59 PM
I always need to organize my kingdom as you can see on the picture...
I really hate it when anything doesn't fit the way I want it to be.
So I playing now for over 3 years and have lots of buildings and other stuff standing on the map.
Under the spot that's covered with a Dire Boar, stands my amphitheater.
The amount of blythewood trees is only because of the quest that I'm working on right now.

rst345
02-18-16, 12:38 PM
Sped up my alicorn to the tune of 100 gems instead of collecting from the observatory next to it. So sad to have clumsy fingers.

aiyoosha
02-18-16, 12:49 PM
its a good thing im not the only one doing stupid things :rolleyes: i miss my gems *crys*

PrincessCupOButter
02-18-16, 02:53 PM
Gotten caught in several gem traps.....and....expected updates to be on time! Lol

ebenezermac
02-18-16, 03:34 PM
Soooo.....I've been doing a fantastic job of staying out of gem traps....until last night. I had 468 gems saved up. I have almost all gem items I want except for the fortune teller and the skunkhouse. I had enough gems for them but was foolishly waiting for a sale. Well I was very tired while playing last night. Not a great idea. I fell asleep and woke up and of all things I somehow clicked to trade 250 gems for 350,000 coins. I blame myself for this one cause it takes 2 clicks to make that happen. I managed to take it pretty well. The next thing I did was buy the skunkhouse and call it a night. With 58 gems in the bank.

burritosprings
02-18-16, 06:46 PM
Way back in the day with my first account i gemmed through the one of the stupid baron feast goals. I thought it would lead to another goal-storyline quest. It did not. That point on i made sure to check the forums. And boy have they changed since then thanks to help of many but Dabag and SW are first to come to mind.

BiggerBubbles
02-18-16, 10:42 PM
I too, miscalculated when the Black Friday sale was to end, had finally figured out what I wanted, went to buy them....too late.

ebenezermac
02-19-16, 04:58 PM
I allowed myself to believe it wouldn't make a difference if I played the game on Android.

eva178
02-21-16, 08:36 AM
Before I Found "The Hub" - This Was How I Organized All The Info....

eva178
02-21-16, 08:38 AM
Before I Found "The Hub" - This Was How I Organized All The Info.... PART 2

bebitanuspuneper0864213579
02-21-16, 10:06 AM
I started to play in sept 2014 and i accidentaly sold my pond and weel......after that there were goals with water. I created my second account on castle story and i send water as a neighbor...... until i finally have enough gems to buy a rustic weel, it was 50 gems.

Sheeba8188
02-24-16, 01:26 PM
I allowed myself to believe it wouldn't make a difference if I played the game on Android.

Never a truer word said

ktorewqas
02-24-16, 05:25 PM
Wow, those are so great! Itis not easy to find hand writing notes nowadays especially with lovely drawings. I actual like them very much!

SpiritWind00
02-24-16, 06:45 PM

wow, eva, that is impressive!

I started to play in sept 2014 and i accidentaly sold my pond and weel......after that there were goals with water. I created my second account on castle story and i send water as a neighbor...... until i finally have enough gems to buy a rustic weel, it was 50 gems.
You know that you can craft wells in the workshop when you get to a certain level....

zaccy678
02-25-16, 12:31 AM

Beautiful!!
You should write / illustrate stories, you're very artistic :)

aiyoosha
02-25-16, 12:35 PM
well i sped up a building for nothing and lost all my dang gems ughhhh i hate myself

PikaSquirrel
02-25-16, 01:22 PM

WOW! @_@! So organized and beautiful!

MiniLaura
02-25-16, 01:36 PM
I dreamt that I accidentally sped up one of the steps in the Petting Zoo event and lost nearly 3000 gems. I was still angry with myself when I woke up.

Sheeba8188
02-25-16, 02:17 PM
Decided not to speed my way thru the game and now when updates happen I can't do them because I have prior quests to complete.

beyondyonda
02-25-16, 03:57 PM
I dreamt that I accidentally sped up one of the steps in the Petting Zoo event and lost nearly 3000 gems. I was still angry with myself when I woke up.
Bahahahaha..... Awesome, thought it was only me where CS taunts me in my dreams!!!

Niire
02-26-16, 08:27 PM
I decided one day (right when the pink V Day stuff was released this year) I wanted to reorganize things, even though I still don't have enough room...:p

I thought to myself, "self, i bet a wall around the kingdom would keep the vampires and werewolves out!!" So, I set about walling everything in. I don't have a ton of gems normally as it is, and at the time I think I had like 50 or so. I had like a million coins though, so no worries, I wall everything in, then buy some pretty pink trees and such, right?

Well, after putting up a very large section of wall, I suddenly get the message that i can't afford more, or some such. I look and say, huh? No way!! I go to check...and instead of the regular white walls I thought I was buying...I had spent every gem i had pretty much on Queen's walls, and i didn't even remotely want those. >< I wanted a pink cow and maybe a willow or two, but nooooo, lol...I was only able to get a couple of trees before the sale was gone.

Moral of the story is: make darned sure your white walls are REALLY white walls! I wanted to *headdesk* but was able to stop myself. :p

Sheeba8188
03-02-16, 12:45 PM
Considered buying apple for 80 gems because it's been soooo long since I've had one drop and want the 5 gem trade!

http://i68.tinypic.com/majeb5.png

I resisted the urge thankfully glad that moment if madness had passed!!!

meme1098
03-02-16, 12:50 PM
You better hold on to this gold nuggets you have there. They're rarer then hens teeth. :D

Sheeba8188
03-02-16, 01:03 PM
You better hold on to this gold nuggets you have there. They're rarer then hens teeth. :D

Thanks will keep this in mind I'm away start building and fully upgrading 2nd standard mine and then deep mine so will probably need them for that.

eva178
03-10-16, 03:50 PM
Thanks PikaSquirrel, zaccy678, SpiritWind00 and ktorewqas, for the nice comments about my posted pictures!

I'm a flattered by it, :o

UnkelFester
04-29-19, 05:35 AM
A few months ago while playing CS, as usual I opened the Elven Outpost to see what the greedy elves wanted on that occasion. One of the items requested was 18 gold nuggets, so naturally I went to close the screen and return to the game. (We really do need a "No, you're being too greedy" rejection button on the Outpost).

Whilst doing this, an errant clumsy finger caught the screen, and I hit the green deliver button and delivered the 18 gold nuggets! Everything else in that request was easily replaceable apart from those nuggets! I just happened to catch that particular part of the screen.

With nothing left to lose now, I pressed the Deliver All button, and of course was rewarded with just 8 bronze runes! :mad:

bobbyrae
04-29-19, 12:22 PM
I actually completed that goal that gives the golden obelisk. I didn't check the hub or inventory first to see whether the obelisk was a decoration or a dropper of much needed items. Just saw I could afford to pay the 500k for it and paid it. Smh. That has been, by far, the silliest thing I have done.

Destiel0918
04-29-19, 01:58 PM
A) Giving too many good items for Elves - it won't help you get better prizes. Just a trap.

B) Collecting from alicorns during the time I had unlimited energy - in the end you will have just 40 energy after unlimited energy wears off. I stupidly collected from 40 daily sources during the time unlimited energy was active- all that just disappeared. Never collect from energy items while unlimited energy is active.

C) Speed up something accidentally - like spending 400 gems on accidentally speeding up weekly alicorn.

D) Did Mermaid quests in hurry - spent my coins too fast - I should have been patient and waited for more supplies to drop from other items.

E) Bought stupid bait market.

bobbyrae
04-30-19, 03:43 AM
B) Collecting from alicorns during the time I had unlimited energy - in the end you will have just 40 energy after unlimited energy wears off. I stupidly collected from 40 daily sources during the time unlimited energy was active- all that just disappeared. Never collect from energy items while unlimited energy is active.

Oh. Wow. That. Must.Must.Have.Hurt. (>.< )

Destiel0918
04-30-19, 03:26 PM
Oh. Wow. That. Must.Must.Have.Hurt. (>.< )

It did - especially since energy crazy event started 30 minutes later....and I should have had tons of energy to start it with - and I lost all of it:D. I was absolutely furios - never repeated this mistake though:D

riverly
04-30-19, 04:03 PM
It did - especially since energy crazy event started 30 minutes later....and I should have had tons of energy to start it with - and I lost all of it:D. I was absolutely furios - never repeated this mistake though:DI know I learned from your mistake. During my WW , I almost hit some energy givers and I remembered your post.

zoroak
05-02-19, 08:00 AM
I thought losing 1000s of gems through gem traps was stupid but nothing beats finding an empty spot amongst your alicorn herd. Must have sold it by mistake! :blue:

Destiel0918
05-02-19, 08:44 AM
I thought losing 1000s of gems through gem traps was stupid but nothing beats finding an empty spot amongst your alicorn herd. Must have sold it by mistake! :blue:

That one must have hurt terribly - did you try to contact S8 and try to get it back?

Destiel0918
05-02-19, 09:02 AM
I know I learned from your mistake. During my WW , I almost hit some energy givers and I remembered your post.

Glad others can learn from my mistake:)

bobbyrae
05-02-19, 09:32 AM
Oh good grief!!!! I had not even thought about that possibility! :-0

Last night during weekday warrior I sped up an orange or lemon tree accidentally. Sigh. I didn't need anymore oranges as I was maxed out. >.<

riverly
05-02-19, 10:47 AM
I thought losing 1000s of gems through gem traps was stupid but nothing beats finding an empty spot amongst your alicorn herd. Must have sold it by mistake! :blue:I think it would be hard to accidentally sell an item. Check your inventory (set to all) and look it over.

SpiritWind00
05-02-19, 03:48 PM
Selling anything brings up a second screen with the sell amount, so accidentally selling is less likely than it moving it elsewhere on your board. Please do contact support for assistance though if you can't find it. Let me know if I can help via PM.

zoroak
05-02-19, 11:49 PM
I think it would be hard to accidentally sell an item. Check your inventory (set to all) and look it over.

Checked, riverly, but not there. Annoyed but it?s a daily one so not really too upset as I have many alicorns (plus have lots of stored energy). Can?t even tell you when I sold it, only noticed the empty spot recently. It?s now been filled by another from the last sale. Thanks SW but it?s just a silly thing I did, can?t even be 100% sure as I don?t count my alicorns, but there was that 1 empty unaccountable spot right in the middle of one cluster of dailies...:confused:

shortdanzr
05-03-19, 06:06 AM
i've sped up a wood beam. you know the ones that take 15min to make. yeah. no reason (realize its not on the scale of some of these people's mistakes). it wasn't even a gem trap. i think it was a 'it is really late at night and i'm tired, but can't sleep & this seems like a good idea'

bobbyrae
05-06-19, 01:31 PM
Checked, riverly, but not there. Annoyed but it?s a daily one so not really too upset as I have many alicorns (plus have lots of stored energy). Can?t even tell you when I sold it, only noticed the empty spot recently. It?s now been filled by another from the last sale. Thanks SW but it?s just a silly thing I did, can?t even be 100% sure as I don?t count my alicorns, but there was that 1 empty unaccountable spot right in the middle of one cluster of dailies...:confused:
And that look on your face when you noticed that empty spot must have been priceless :-p

prancinland
05-08-19, 04:12 PM
I spent the first 2 yrs playing almost day and night with out sleep! When the S8 's new day started we used to get renewed energy. Here's my sweet dumb dumb move... I used to visit all my neighbors first thing. I was A.D.D. In my behavior! Had to play it that way ... later I finally realized we received 20 free points for visiting folks, but not if WE VISITED THEM WITH 40 energy already! Lol! I actually didn't mind visiting everyone first off, went the extra mile to make sure I visited MY NEIGHBORS! Lol
I have wasted gems on silly beams, sped up alicorns and wasted my hard earned gems etc. but my big dumb dumb thing really was making sure to visit my buds and not get a single oz. of energy for it! ��

VersaceMorrow
05-12-19, 05:27 AM
Downloaded a game from the “watch videos to earn mystery prizes” daily event, only to find that the game is nothing like the video.....warning, there have been threads about this on the internet but I didn’t know it before I downloaded. These games include homescapes, gardenscapes, matchington mansion, fishdom, township, and a weird game where you spell words to break your friend out of prison.

maryamhjm
05-20-19, 02:04 PM
Making a second mermaid wand instead of the required mermaid mirror which not only cost me 5 much needed gold nuggets but I lost so much time and effort.

brigadoon365
06-11-19, 03:19 PM
Downloaded a game from the “watch videos to earn mystery prizes” daily event, only to find that the game is nothing like the video.....warning, there have been threads about this on the internet but I didn’t know it before I downloaded. These games include homescapes, gardenscapes, matchington mansion, fishdom, township, and a weird game where you spell words to break your friend out of prison.

Yeah, the Homescapes video is nothing like the game unless it's on an extremely high level. I play Homescapes and am on level three thousand-something. E erythema I see that add I roll my eyes.

My dumb thing is similar. I downloaded a game for free gems. Played to the required level. Didn't like the game, just wanted the gems. No gems. Played through two more VERY long levels. Still no gems. Waste of time!

PuntaMita
06-18-19, 03:50 PM
I'm the proud owner of 3 floating towers because I was in a hurry and not paying attention.
It took me all that time to make blocks and beams for wings and I completely blew it!
I hope that error doesn't cost me finishing the event without using gems. Aye!!

ratdogs4
06-21-19, 05:05 PM
I am one gold rune away from being able to get another Rainbow Alicorn. Makes me want to send EVERY delivery regardless of how crazy the demands are. I need to stop it!

Chilibert
02-05-23, 03:13 PM
I only send, only if I have everything in hand? most time I get bronze?- but I think I have 5 of those alicorns
? only those flying animals keep me playing, nothing else.

Most idiotic— get a second account and expanding randomly

ChezSweet
09-09-23, 06:31 PM
I used to always buy and keep a few hundred gems on hand in case I needed help with an event. So when I got down to only 100 plus gems and a sale popped up, I bought another 530 gems. Of course I had been caught in a few gem traps before but all for small amounts and they taught me to be more careful. Lessons learned and all that ;) Now I?m a good person, live my life honestly and try to help others where I can but for all of my adult life I have believed that Karma just hates me. I have a lot of proof on that, lol. So I?ve bought my gems and I'm happily clicking away on my iPhone collecting my daily round of energy, eagerly awaiting the start of the next event. My phone rings, startlingly me and OOPS I just sped up Mei, a weekly I had just collected from
:( Goodbye 600 plus gems >_< *head slap*
Lesson learned, OH YA! No more stocking gems, lmao!

SummerSwan51
09-12-23, 10:55 AM
I used to always buy and keep a few hundred gems on hand in case I needed help with an event. So when I got down to only 100 plus gems and a sale popped up, I bought another 530 gems. Of course I had been caught in a few gem traps before but all for small amounts and they taught me to be more careful. Lessons learned and all that ;) Now I?m a good person, live my life honestly and try to help others where I can but for all of my adult life I have believed that Karma just hates me. I have a lot of proof on that, lol. So I?ve bought my gems and I'm happily clicking away on my iPhone collecting my daily round of energy, eagerly awaiting the start of the next event. My phone rings, startlingly me and OOPS I just sped up Mei, a weekly I had just collected from
:( Goodbye 600 plus gems >_< *head slap*
Lesson learned, OH YA! No more stocking gems, lmao!

I'm so sorry that happened! Can you contact Support to see if they will refund your gems? I often run into gem traps, too, especially when the game rolls back or gets "stuck" on a certain item and won't let me move off of it. Players have been asking for years for a gem confirmation button.