PDA

View Full Version : Asking for construction materials from neighbors

rub1x
11-14-12, 11:32 PM
Is there a reason why I don't see any button to request help with building materials for Ivy's Hut? (or when I was constructing any building, for that matter) I'm level 15, all available buildings for my level have been built - with the exception of Ivy's Hut (glimmerdust is a pain, hence needing assistance) and the Conservatory.

It seems as though I've seen reference by several posters here in the forums on their use of such a thing, but I can't seem to find it in the app anywhere. Has this feature been removed? Does it depend on the presence of a particular building?

rub1x
11-14-12, 11:34 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=437093&viewfull=1#post437093

This post makes mention of this feature specifically.

AkumaNeko
11-14-12, 11:36 PM
Feature is gone

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37573-Glimmer-dust/page18

Rockinkitten
11-15-12, 12:46 AM
It's one if the many many things they've decided to take away from us.

ninjaAhug
11-15-12, 02:57 AM
Yeah the best is leaving messages and getting 3 a day from presents yay... I always try to check outa my wall for neighbors in need :)

rub1x
11-15-12, 10:44 AM
So, for Ivy's Hut, that's 80 total glimmerdust (8 super glue, 5 glimmerdust each - in addition to the 40).

I'm averaging around 1 glimmerdust per collection of 6 mushroom circles.

So that's roughly 480 energy required _just_ for the glimmerdust, not to mention the difficulty in collecting 20 living wood...

AND we've been nerfed to max 30 energy? This game is taxing my patience.

rub1x
11-15-12, 10:45 AM
I'm ~so~ not looking forward to the glimmerdust requirements for the tablet quests.

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 12:02 PM
I'm ~so~ not looking forward to the glimmerdust requirements for the tablet quests.

The first 2 Tablet quests don't need glimmer dust..... I would recommend red mushroom circles, the collection rate is doubled.

aimeeq
11-15-12, 02:49 PM
I am brewing my last magic ink right now. I collected only red mushrooms and just enough of anything else to keep other stuff going. I tried to load up on simple glue while waiting for magic ink and made enough beams and collected living wood. After I get enough super glue I am going to just collect from red mushrooms for the glitter dust. I made syrup etc for future quest so I didn't have to use resources that I would need for the tablet or Ivy's Hut. Ridiculous

rub1x
11-15-12, 07:29 PM
The first 2 Tablet quests don't need glimmer dust..... I would recommend red mushroom circles, the collection rate is doubled.

Doubling the collection rate doesn't matter if I have more than 3, since my energy use will outpace their collection rate.

If I spend down to zero energy, 3 red mushroom circles will be ready to harvest before I have the 3 energy with which I can do so.

And I'll be spent down to zero energy from maximum much faster, now that the cap has been lowered...

I think it's rather ridiculous for the devs to expect that any player will neglect all other aspects of their kingdom in order to gain the necessary resources for a quest.

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 07:41 PM
Doubling the collection rate doesn't matter if I have more than 3, since my energy use will outpace their collection rate.

If I spend down to zero energy, 3 red mushroom circles will be ready to harvest before I have the 3 energy with which I can do so.

And I'll be spent down to zero energy from maximum much faster, now that the cap has been lowered...

I think it's rather ridiculous for the devs to expect that any player will neglect all other aspects of their kingdom in order to gain the necessary resources for a quest.
I don't necessarily collect as soon as they are ready..... The doubled collection rate does matter as you get double. I have 6 of the red mushroom circles and for spending 6 energy I would normally get 2-4 dusts. (Sometimes could be none and sometimes as much as 8)

rub1x
11-16-12, 08:10 AM
I see, you're saying that glimmerdust is more common from the red circles?

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 11:39 AM
I see, you're saying that glimmerdust is more common from the red circles?

When it drops dust it drops 2 of them not 1

primerib
11-16-12, 12:24 PM

Completely agree!