PDA

View Full Version : The Results are in!

Takiofallen
11-14-12, 11:12 PM
This will be long so bare with me

First i would like to thank those few who contributed there time HornTail21, Enoch4 and BabyDinosaurRawr. Now Let me state that because of the lack of participant the results should be deemed inconclusive. Even with this small set back i will still go in to a full explanation of my Theory.

I created this experiment to prove that a byproduct of my first experiment is true "That we all are Element Heavy". This term i created simply means we are all given one element that we have a better chance or higher percentage of breeding. The issue with my last experiment is that i didn't take in to account how many time someone bred a pair of elements. So when i asked for the rares and super rares that people bred the most i took the wrong information. Example: If i was to ask the same question now the answers would be false because of all the LE breeding. So the way i put this one together would eliminate any past breeding but yet explain why you breed how you breed. So here we go....

Question: Are we Element heavy?

My hypothesis: We are all have one element that we have a higher percentage of breeding which will explain why we breed some dragons more then others.

I had a group of volunteers take 2 dragons (Fruitful/Athletic) which would combine the 4 main elements (forest/air/fire/water) and have them breed them 5-10 times. If we are Element Heavy then our breeding results would lean toward the Element we are heavy with when all the main Elements are used.(Magic was not used because it is a combination of 2 elements)

Again not enough people participated for me to get any definitive results but here they are.

There were a total of 4 participants and 31 total breeding. 20 of the breeding came back mixed meaning one element was taken from each parent. A noticeable result is that every rare or super rare that was bred (not including magic dragon results) came from a mix. All 11 non mixed breedings ( meaning the 2 elements used came from one parent) resulted in a common. Hmmmmmm {21 commons/8 rares (4 magic which i really don't consider rare) and 2 super rares were bred in total.}

Now there are 24 different combinations that were possible from this breeding. 5 common/ 7 rare/ 10 super rare/ and 2 ultra rare. Here is what was bred
7 fruitfuls, (everyone bred at least 1 and those who bred over 5 times bred 2)
4 magics ( 3 out of 4 bred a magic )
4 mist (2 out of 4 bred mist)
5 fireStorms (everyone bred 1 while 2 of 4 bred 2)
3 life
2 mindvolts
2 wilds
2 islands a pumpkin and a clown. as you can see 10 different dragons were bred out of the 24 while this may seem ok look at things as a whole, when looking at individual results this changes quiet a bit. (68% chance of breeding commons if you add in the 4 magic it jumps to 81%) (12% chance of breeding a rare and a 6.5% chance of breeding a super rare)

Out of the 4 participant 5.5 was the average of dragon diversity with a possibility of 24 which is 23%

Now for the meat of the experiment, not only does it seem that people are element heavy it seems that each element has it's own value for each player. What i mean is if you had to rate the elements you could give them all a value 1 through 4 and it would show in your breeding results. All the participants in the experiment fails and or rares (not including the magic dragon) that were produced involved the element that had the highest value.

So my conclusion is that we are all element heavy. So the new question would be how will this help you breed? Well if you know what your element is you should tackle those dragons first. They will take less breeding for you to get. To be more specific, if your element is air then go after those dragon hybrids which air is the the first element first and then go after those where the air element is second. I think this way also because we can all agree that most dragons seem to lean toward one element more then the other right? Well Thats it people thanks for taking the time to reading my nonsense and if you have any question just ask. Also remember while i do believe in my Theory consider this experiment a failure. 1. Just not enough results. 2. have not taken the light element in to consideration. 3. Now that we have 3 element dragons it throws a wrench in a lot of things.

One last thing for those looking to breed a diamond if you are able to put a value on you elements combine the first 2 in to one dragon and it MIGHT help, keyword is Might. So if it's air/fire/water/forest lead with an eagle or honeybee then add island or serpent. Now it is said placement has no affect on breeding but no one ever said anything about the combination of elements.

AkumaNeko
11-14-12, 11:40 PM
Sorry I missed this experiment :( been busy with castle story instead. Do pm me if you ever chose to do another round again :)

Thanks again for doing this. I personally believe the element theory as I see a difference between my iPhone and iPad accounts on how easy it is to breed certain dragons.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 12:15 AM
Sure will i was actually looking forward to you participating. Wanted to see how your results from the last experiment you took part in would of looked in comparison to this one. I like castleStory but just deleted it. i might just come back lol
Sorry I missed this experiment :( been busy with castle story instead. Do pm me if you ever chose to do another round again :)

Thanks again for doing this. I personally believe the element theory as I see a difference between my iPhone and iPad accounts on how easy it is to breed certain dragons.

dragonolic
11-15-12, 01:41 AM
I don't have an athletic so I couldn't participate. But since you posted the idea, I have been breeding Landworm/Seabreeze consecutively. Here are my results to date:
Landworm/sea breeze 11/2
Pumpkin
Life
Atlantis
Life
Island
Firestorm
Parakeet
Island
Firestorm
Life
Fruitful
Mist
Firestorm
Firestorm

totaltechno
11-15-12, 03:17 AM
I am led to believe I'm Air heavy, I've bred Eagle on 2nd try, Parakeet on first try, another of both, a Clown, a Fairy on 2nd try, and a Pumpkin on 7th try.

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-15-12, 03:51 AM
GREAT THEORY! I BELIEVE IT!
1) my breedings for your experiment proved i bred air most.
2) the new dragons i bred from ur experiment contained air element.
3) back wen i started and i tried for mist i got seabreeze first then mindvolt before mist.
4) i was able to get all original air/fire breeds in 7 tries and got pumpkin LE in this experiment without trying.
I have not tried for parakeet, griffin, or leopard but i think i will now and see how fast i get them.
As to getting diamond based on this i will have to breed air/forest (dominant element) with fire/water (lesser element)? Looks like i will keep breeding with my athletic after all.
Tell me when u plan to experiment further as i will gladly lend my island ;D

Sefyre
11-15-12, 06:00 AM
I'm only level 15 and I already can see the possible truth in this. In which case, I appear to be Air-Primary.

I've been breeding a Water (pure Water) with either Firestorm or Life (in my attempt to breed either a Pumpkin or a Magic... and or a Serpent once I bred my Seabreeze) and I have gotten who-knows-how-many Firestorms... and 1 x Eagle, 1 x Seabreeze, and 1 x Serpent! I just bred a Water with an Eagle... and GUESS WHAT? ANOTHER Firestorm!

Firestorms have Air (and I bred a TON of Firestorms).
Eagles have Air.
Seabreezes have Air.

Serpent is the only one out of ALL of the dragons I ended up with who doesn't have ANY Air whatsoever.

Sefyre
11-15-12, 06:02 AM
Also, it was startling and surprising to me that I managed to breed THAT many Firestorms (and one Eagle which shares the same colors/elements) which means the baby didn't inherit anything from my Water dragon at all.

Don't know if that would be startling or relevant to anyone else, though.

mammami08
11-15-12, 06:15 AM
This is very intresting, how ever i can't se what element that should be my heavy element. I havd ha more of periods when i breed rares (not including magic) and superrares more frequently and periods when i don't seem to get anything but boring commons.

If i look back i have had quite easy whit red/yellow, i have had alot of eagels and scorpions, not so many (two in total) honeybee, and ofcourse firestorms overloads. But in the same time i also breed green/blue quite easely have had about ten atlantis and absolutly hate islands since i get sooooo many of them.

The only thing i can say is purple (if you count that as a singel element) is NOT my element. Sure i didn't have that much problems with the rares but some of the superrares i did have to work quite hard for. I think mistmoth and familiar was the hardest ones to get. But when trying for witch i actually got more familiar fails than poision fails. When trying for zombie it was the other way around.

So for me i don't se a pattern according to elements, but mayby you can help me figure out wich it is?

Sefyre
11-15-12, 06:24 AM
This is very intresting, how ever i can't se what element that should be my heavy element. I havd ha more of periods when i breed rares (not including magic) and superrares more frequently and periods when i don't seem to get anything but boring commons.

If i look back i have had quite easy whit red/yellow, i have had alot of eagels and scorpions, not so many (two in total) honeybee, and ofcourse firestorms overloads. But in the same time i also breed green/blue quite easely have had about ten atlantis and absolutly hate islands since i get sooooo many of them.

The only thing i can say is purple (if you count that as a singel element) is NOT my element. Sure i didn't have that much problems with the rares but some of the superrares i did have to work quite hard for. I think mistmoth and familiar was the hardest ones to get. But when trying for witch i actually got more familiar fails than poision fails. When trying for zombie it was the other way around.

So for me i don't se a pattern according to elements, but mayby you can help me figure out wich it is?

Do you tend to do all your breeding at around a certain time or have you been breeding your Dragons across the board in terms of time?

For me, I noticed rather oddly that it seemed to be during certain times that I would get my more 'rare' dragons easier and the only reason I say this is that I kept breeding specific pairs to try and get 1 out of a possible several I wanted. Time was the only difference for me in several cases that I could see.

salinho
11-15-12, 06:54 AM
I'd like to confirm which one is my element.,.i have several scorpions so it might be either air or fire. Not sure. Sorry i missed the experience. Been trying to get some dragons that I've failed in breeding for aaaages.

mammami08
11-15-12, 06:55 AM
Do you tend to do all your breeding at around a certain time or have you been breeding your Dragons across the board in terms of time?

For me, I noticed rather oddly that it seemed to be during certain times that I would get my more 'rare' dragons easier and the only reason I say this is that I kept breeding specific pairs to try and get 1 out of a possible several I wanted. Time was the only difference for me in several cases that I could see.

I can't se any significant pattern to the time of the day, it's more during a couple of days or a week that i seems to get a lucktboost, then it's again for a couple of days or even a coulpe of weeks i don't have any luck.

An example, i decided to try breeding the new aurora and diamond for almost a week ( i did get aurora quite easy) and here you can se the results:

1. Mermaid
2. Coral
3. Island
4. Zombie
5. Aurora
6. Mermaid
7. Poision
8. Island
9. Island
10. Island
11. Poision

So if i stoped after the first 6 tries the result would have been very good, 2 commons, 1rare and 3 superrares, but then i went on and only got commons (with looong breeding times). I have one theory to this but i will keep it to myself for now.

With my diamond and infinity the are a timeconsistensy, they were both breed around the same time which is 23:30 here in Sweden, that we now have learnt is UTC+1 ;)

mammami08
11-15-12, 07:06 AM
I can't se any significant pattern to the time of the day, it's more during a couple of days or a week that i seems to get a lucktboost, then it's again for a couple of days or even a coulpe of weeks i don't have any luck.

An example, i decided to try breeding the new aurora and diamond for almost a week ( i did get aurora quite easy) and here you can se the results:

1. Mermaid
2. Coral
3. Island
4. Zombie
5. Aurora
6. Mermaid
7. Poision
8. Island
9. Island
10. Island
11. Poision
12. Serpent
13. Poision

So if i stoped after the first 6 tries the result would have been very good, 2 commons, 1rare and 3 superrares, but then i went on and only got commons (with looong breeding times). I have one theory to this but i will keep it to myself for now.

With my diamond and infinity the are a timeconsistensy, they were both breed around the same time which is 23:30 here in Sweden, that we now have learnt is UTC+1 ;)

Sorry forgot the last two tries.... But as you can see first 6 almost every one rare/superrare and last 8 almost only longtimebreeders common

Horntail21
11-15-12, 07:12 AM

1. Mermaid
2. Coral
3. Island
4. Zombie
5. Aurora
6. Mermaid
7. Poision
8. Island
9. Island
10. Island
11. Poision

Well I'd definitely say that you are forest heavy. It showed in 10 of 11 breedings.

salinho
11-15-12, 07:13 AM
Your game sure likes islands. Ouch.

Sefyre
11-15-12, 07:25 AM
I'm going to start keeping a log of my breeding results. Though I never got to participate in this little experiment, I am personally curious to see if there are any particular patterns (intentional or not) in my breeding as this reminds me a bit of my experiences in playing Pokemon and my RNG.

In Pokemon Soul Silver, I have managed to run into Pokerus/PKRS multiple times - in the wild in my game and in my Pokewalker without any of my party Pokemon infected with it prior - up to and including a PKRSed Lugia that STAYED PKRSed for 2 hours straight as I tried to catch it... but I still have YET to run into or chain breed a single 'shiny' Pokemon.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 07:46 AM
I wish I had known about this... I have been breeding the same combo nonstop in my own little experiment to see how long it takes to get all possible combos. Using Aether and Fuzzy ( I know it has the magic element, but I'm wanting to get the Boo, Mermaid, Diamond, and Infinity out of it eventually. If I get all the other combos I may try something else for Diamond.) anyway I can post my results if you're interested.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 07:53 AM
Oh and I guess you could say I'm Element Heavy too. Check this old post of my 44 Scorpion failed attempts: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?33889-Detailed-Tracking-44-Attempts-at-Scorpion-Dragon all my breeding and other people posted theirs too. I got tons of firestorm, eagle but it took forever to get scorpion by accident. Anyway detailed records were kept! After that I got tired of tracking and quit. But I'm game to start up again if you do another experiment let me know! Post it on my forum wall so I see it.

mammami08
11-15-12, 08:06 AM
Well I'd definitely say that you are forest heavy. It showed in 10 of 11 breedings.

Yes, in this results you might say that, but then i really didn't mix any yellow or red it to the breed ( if you treat diamond the same way as i see upon magic).

I did a little experementing with witch and pumpkin (since i thought that they could produce a diamond) and the reults were

4 lifes (green is there)
3 charms (no green)
3 firestorms (no green)
2 fruitfull (green is there)
1 wild (green is there)
1 planet (no green)
1 genie (no green)

So 7 out of 15 has green, but 12 out of 15 had red ?

But since non of these cointains all four basic colors the result might not be accurat for the heavy element theory. If i might have two prominent elements red and green that might explain my feeling of breeding scorpions/ eagles/firestorms and atlantis/islands very easy. That might also explain why my pairing with forestfire and mindvolt resulted in a diamond (since one of the dragons had both red and green) whilest scorpion/atlantis didn't. (they had my element but not both in one).

If, and i say if, this is the case that someone acctually can have two elements that might explain the "lucky island" theory (wich i don't belive) and that sholud also meen i shall have quite an easy time breeding the turkey dragon if it's three color green/red/yellow.

This get's more and more intresting, as sone as i have gotten the turkey i shall start 1. Breeding a couple containing al 4 elements. 2. Breed a couple that one is red/green and the other blue/yellow and see if i can bring any clearity for my self

Even more intresting is if the turkey is three elements dragon and it's red/yellow/white (i don't think it is though) and you breed it whit the aurora, it sure would tell which element that is my prime one ;)

Finally something to make the breedning intresting again ;) ;) ;)

mammami08
11-15-12, 08:11 AM
Your game sure likes islands. Ouch.

Yes i know, but I HATE THEM ;)

enoch4
11-15-12, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the experiment Takiofallen. I'm glad you're doing experiments because I find it very interesting to compare breeding between people. I've been looking over my own past breeding logs - I personally don't see an "element heavy" pattern in my own long-term results. But I'm only one person, so I'm interested to see if you continue to find evidence for it by comparing a number of players over time. Like you mentioned, the rare dragons I get the most seem to be a direct result of my choices of what to put in the den. I've bred the most familiar dragons because I had such a hard time getting zombie that I put purple and green in the den more than almost anything else so far. That doesn't mean familiar is necessarily easier to get, I just bred green with purple more often. I've also gotten a lot of laserlight and wizard dragons, but it was due to the fact that I could not get tusker or mistmoth for such a long time, so I kept breeding white x red, and blue x purple. So eliminating that confounding issue, and setting up a clean slate where we all start with breeding the same four elements was a great idea.

Here is something I was thinking about too. When I was trying for infinity, I bred diamond x diamond 117 times in a row. This is the tally of dragons I got as a result:

Fire - 33
Forest - 29
Water - 18
Air - 14
Light - 18
Magic - 4
Infinity - 1

Maybe this supports your "element heavy" theory, and other people's results could give evidence of that if they had a significantly different pattern. I know it will be awhile before a lot of people have two diamonds to try and replicate my results, but if anyone else has done this I would be interested in their pattern. I'm not convinced of the element heavy theory, so I had another thought on these results. Instead of assuming I am red or green heavy, I interpreted this as evidence that in the pure category of dragons, there is a hierarchy of how common the dragons actually are. Red and Green are cheaper dragons, and they produce fewer coins, and also appear to be easier to breed than the others. Magic in this context is "rare" compared to the others (though it seems to act as a common in other contexts). This makes me wonder if some common hybrids are also easier to breed than others when using the 4 most basic colors together in the den (presumably life, fruitful, mist, and firestorm because they cost the least). Obviously what colors you put in the den determines what your most common dragons would be, so depending on what you put in the den island or poison might plague you. But maybe some commons are easier than others, and some rares and super rares are too. Or, maybe you are right, and it would depend on the person with each island favoring one element over the others. More data over time might continue to show interesting patterns.

Also, Sefyre - I personally haven't noticed a certain time of day that I get rare dragons more easily. But I have noticed that I seem to get these "lucky" streaks now and then, where I get one super rare then am able to breed some of the other elusive dragons back to back. I don't know why that is.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 09:39 AM
First let me say the last thing i expected when i logged on was this. I though this a waste of time because i was only able to get 3 people to participate. Well i now know i need to communicate better on the form. as far as the time theory this was the first one i ever noticed. I posted about but didn't get a lot of feed back. In it it gives a method to find your O.B.T..http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37470-The-Theory-that-SEEMS-to-work-for-me. Now with the element heave theory it's cause me to also to stop looking at the dragons and more at the elements themselves. With all this new information on the thread i will have to take some time to look in to it. The main thing i want people to look at is

1. how your elements mix. One of the major byproducts i noticed in the experiment was with the mixing and non-mixing of the elements that bred. Not a singe person bred a rare when the element did't mix. (meaning both elements came from the same parent) i found that quiet odd. Also with the possibility (24 total outcomes) of dragons you could breed one one person bred 5 different dragons. Grant you only 5 breeding were made but i come to the conclusion that things are far from random.

The biggest mistake i made in this experiment i made was not taking in to account the dragons people already had. Out of everyone he took part i had by far the worst results. I bred

2 fruitful
2 magic
1 fire storm and 3 mist. i seem to be air heavy followed by water/fire/forest

the dragons i don't have are Landworm, parakeet, pumpkin, clown, trickster,tusker,boo,leopard, Angel, mercury and infinity . Out of my 11 dragons i don't have 5 have the air element . The thing is i have not tried to get any of them except the pumpkin. The clown, and trickster i don't like and i almost never mix magic and air. I only did it for the genie goal. i tried alot for the land worm but eventually just gave up. I have always had problems with light dragons it took me about 18-20 tries to get a dream and 17 tries before i got a hypnotic and that was me going for a boo i never got.

I mean the light element plays a factor in this because it turns in to the 5 element. I want to rerun the experiment but i need to fine-tune it.

eboats
11-15-12, 09:39 AM
31 samples is not enough data to make this conclusion. Get over 10000 samples and we could talk.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 09:53 AM
i just realize i went on another rant and said nothing. My point is i believe the dragons we already have plays a part in breeding also. BabyDinosaurRawr i believe was the lowest level who took part in the EXP. I also believe he had the least amount of rare dragons. Not saying i had the most because i'm not sure what Enoch4 has on his island but adding in my diamonds may edge me up a little. So if you take that in to account I had the worst outing but currently the most rares and DinoRaw had the best outing with the least amount of rares. All conjecture people but would love you help in finding out the validity to all my gibberish.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 09:54 AM
31 samples is not enough data to make this conclusion. Get over 10000 samples and we could talk.

I know this i stated this throughout the thread

enoch4
11-15-12, 10:14 AM
I have at least one of each dragon, if that helps.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 10:25 AM
you have every dragon??
I have at least one of each dragon, if that helps.

enoch4
11-15-12, 10:32 AM
you have every dragon??

Yea, one epic of every dragon and duplicates in baby forms of my favorites

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 10:41 AM
Ok so you have a way stronger island then i do the only thing that gave you and edge result wise was you bred 2 rares. Other then that we both had dragons repeat in the breeding so out of the 24 possibilities we averaged a 4.5 which is 18.75%
Yea, one epic of every dragon and duplicates in baby forms of my favorites

uevenliftbro
11-15-12, 10:55 AM
this is such a ridiculous theory haha, like, what makes people think of these things?.... what possible reason would TL have for making some secret "element heavy" aspect.. it would be absolutely so pointless for them to actually implement something like this is the game, and THEN keep it a tight secret and never tell anyone and deny it...

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 11:20 AM
It's quite simple actually i will explain this for you without using big word so you won't get lost. TL has to give some aspect of the game values. Those vales are put in to computer code. The way the computer code is written then decides your breeding results. This is why when breeding red and blue you get purple also why when mixing yellow and blue you don't get green. This is how they written the code. The main reason they would keep it a secret is the same reason they won't even give us a percentage of our chances of breeding any dragon.They don't want us to know it's that simple. TL has actually told us nothing of how the game works except that names means nothing. The same reason that no one was told us that the magic element decides if you breed an infinity or a first gen diamond (that means the first diamond dragon i don't want to lose you). In the world of business you keep your secrets thats what keeps the game going.

Also i have a question: How can you deny something that was never said. Example if i ask you a question and you never answer you can't deny anything.
this is such a ridiculous theory haha, like, what makes people think of these things?.... what possible reason would TL have for making some secret "element heavy" aspect.. it would be absolutely so pointless for them to actually implement something like this is the game, and THEN keep it a tight secret and never tell anyone and deny it...

enoch4
11-15-12, 11:30 AM

I don't see the theory as likely either, but I see a lot of value in the experiments he is doing. We learn a lot from each other's results in this forum, and trying to set up parameters to compare breeding on a more objective basis seems like a good idea to me. I'm interested in comparing the results to my own breeding record.

eboats
11-15-12, 11:42 AM
You are a victim of your own superstitions

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 11:42 AM
Does my theory hold any weight? No thats why it's called a theory, i need people NOT to believe it because i know that there views will always be objective. Perception is reality, people see what they want to see. I can currently make an argument for why my theory is valid and also for why it's not valid. This is why i ask for other peoples educated opinions. People thought the world was flat for centuries.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 11:48 AM
Why do people insist on the use of words they don't understand
You are a victim of your own superstitions

Horntail21
11-15-12, 12:03 PM
Personally I believe the theories bring another dimension to the gameplay for me. Keeps it interesting. If I had time, patience, and a stopwatch I would try my own out but I only have time lol. I believe in the element heavy theory, but I also believe that it may be due to a timing thing. I imagine most people have a rhythm in between choosing their second dragon and pressing the breed button. We all have done it so many times we may not even notice. If the multiple dragon possibilities are spinning on something like a slot wheel and you replicate your rhythm you may end up with one element out of the four more often. But that theory is blown if the starting dragon is different or the order in which they come is changed and so on. Anyway keep the theories coming, I enjoy reading them and helping out.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 12:14 PM
you actually had me trying this Russian roulette thing..... then i bred my third aurora which i have now renamed the Infinity ****er
Personally I believe the theories bring another dimension to the gameplay for me. Keeps it interesting. If I had time, patience, and a stopwatch I would try my own out but I only have time lol. I believe in the element heavy theory, but I also believe that it may be due to a timing thing. I imagine most people have a rhythm in between choosing their second dragon and pressing the breed button. We all have done it so many times we may not even notice. If the multiple dragon possibilities are spinning on something like a slot wheel and you replicate your rhythm you may end up with one element out of the four more often. But that theory is blown if the starting dragon is different or the order in which they come is changed and so on. Anyway keep the theories coming, I enjoy reading them and helping out.

blevi2
11-15-12, 12:31 PM
Could this theory be related to the theory posted 2 months ago regarding the evolution chamber color? The theory basically stated that you could figure out which element your dragon was "weighted" toward when you put it in the evolution temple, as the element color would light up during the evolving process. For example, my Honeybee dragon is currently in the temple now, and it is glowing yellow. I would therefore assume that when I use it in breeding, it is weighted towards air.

moostermine
11-15-12, 12:39 PM
I happen to love these theories! They are all that give me any hope in this game! Luck and patience don't seem to work for me. I was wondering is there any way this can be related to genetics? Maybe not because the same two parents(pure) can make different kids but then maybe the heavy element could determine the dominant gene for each island? Just a thought.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 12:42 PM
i never heard of this and have not paid any attention to it but the air element comes before the fire so it could mean that.
Could this theory be related to the theory posted 2 months ago regarding the evolution chamber color? The theory basically stated that you could figure out which element your dragon was "weighted" toward when you put it in the evolution temple, as the element color would light up during the evolving process. For example, my Honeybee dragon is currently in the temple now, and it is glowing yellow. I would therefore assume that when I use it in breeding, it is weighted towards air.

Horntail21
11-15-12, 12:46 PM
you actually had me trying this Russian roulette thing..... then i bred my third aurora which i have now renamed the Infinity ****er

LOL Infinity ****er

vanillaheaven
11-15-12, 02:12 PM
Awwwwww, I haven't visited the forums lately so I missed the experiment :( that's too bad, because I would have loved to participate in it ~~ soryyyyyyy. guess I'll try to breed fruitful x athletic for the next ten days. Well, depending on what new dragon we get, but I'd like to try it. Would anyone be willing to help interpret my results once I have them? :D

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 02:35 PM
Just PM me with them and i will take care of it for you it
Awwwwww, I haven't visited the forums lately so I missed the experiment :( that's too bad, because I would have loved to participate in it ~~ soryyyyyyy. guess I'll try to breed fruitful x athletic for the next ten days. Well, depending on what new dragon we get, but I'd like to try it. Would anyone be willing to help interpret my results once I have them? :D

enoch4
11-15-12, 02:39 PM
One part of your results I found interesting was this:

"A noticeable result is that every rare or super rare that was bred (not including magic dragon results) came from a mix. All 11 non mixed breedings ( meaning the 2 elements used came from one parent) resulted in a common. "

That would be helpful information, if it were true. With your data set being so small it is hard to tell if this is just a coincidence or not. Unfortunately I didn't keep very good records early on when I was mixing those 4 basic elements trying for diamond, which would have been helpful. In my records I only see one instance when this wasn't the case (I was breeding angel x life, and it resulted in firestorm a couple of times - but maybe having diamond in the mix makes a difference). Does anyone have better records they can use to debunk this observation? I will watch for this as I breed in the future.

mammami08
11-15-12, 02:41 PM

Thats your opinion, me for my self think this is very intresting and could, and then i mean could explain why some people have an easier time breeding some dragons and a harder time breeding others. It can al come down to luck also but i think it's to random to only be luck. The main problem with this theory is that it's so many factors to consider. But i sertanly think there is something in it to explore, if not for proving to make the game a little more exiting again ;)

Horntail21
11-15-12, 02:46 PM

"A noticeable result is that every rare or super rare that was bred (not including magic dragon results) came from a mix. All 11 non mixed breedings ( meaning the 2 elements used came from one parent) resulted in a common. "

That would be helpful information, if it were true. With your data set being so small it is hard to tell if this is just a coincidence or not. Unfortunately I didn't keep very good records early on when I was mixing those 4 basic elements trying for diamond, which would have been helpful. In my records I only see one instance when this wasn't the case (I was breeding angel x life, and it resulted in firestorm a couple of times - but maybe having diamond in the mix makes a difference). Does anyone have better records they can use to debunk this observation? I will watch for this as I breed in the future.

Idk I've gotten a few rares from the one "parent" dragon. Can't remember which exactly but I know it happened. Like I am pretty sure I got my Fairy from Fruitful/Coral and I got a Scorpion from Island/Firestorm.

enoch4
11-15-12, 02:47 PM
Idk I've gotten a few rares from the one "parent" dragon. Can't remember which exactly but I know it happened. Like I am pretty sure I got my Fairy from Fruitful/Coral and I got a Scorpion from Island/Firestorm.

Good to know, thanks.

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 02:49 PM
Yeah thats something that just popped out to me. I really would like to get 1000 breedings it would put to rest a lot of things and 31 is way to small. I think hype could pull that information from his charts.

enoch4
11-15-12, 03:07 PM
Yeah thats something that just popped out to me. I really would like to get 1000 breedings it would put to rest a lot of things and 31 is way to small. I think hype could pull that information from his charts.

I agree, the more results you get the better. But you have to start somewhere and build from there, so I'm glad you are starting to pool our results and share them. Just thought I'd toss out there, my breeding rates throughout the period of trying for LE dragons (and leopard and aurora) came out to 78% common results, 16% rare, and 6% super rare (no ultra rares, but I wasn't using the right dragons to get one anyway). This seems in the same general ballpark as your experiment. More results will be helpful.

makafushigi
11-15-12, 03:15 PM
I must be Fire heavy. I was able to get all the fire dragons (except the diamond hybrids, but that's another topic -_______-)
My next best would be Forest as I'm only missing two of the forest hybrids (Atlantis and Serpent. I hate Island! But that's another topic -_______-) I'm probably weakest at Water (thus my missing hybrids). I'm not too sure where I'm worst at Water or Magic. Air.. I'd say average. I'd love to join in the next round of experiments though.

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-15-12, 03:48 PM
i just realize i went on another rant and said nothing. My point is i believe the dragons we already have plays a part in breeding also. BabyDinosaurRawr i believe was the lowest level who took part in the EXP. I also believe he had the least amount of rare dragons. Not saying i had the most because i'm not sure what Enoch4 has on his island but adding in my diamonds may edge me up a little. So if you take that in to account I had the worst outing but currently the most rares and DinoRaw had the best outing with the least amount of rares. All conjecture people but would love you help in finding out the validity to all my gibberish.

Just so everyone knows im a she not a he. Not that i take offense, i dont, simply putting it out there.
I know im low level i only started since labor day this year i think. I participated because i seem to be lucky breeding. Its cool to know i got the most rare dragons from this breeding, but like you said - maybe its because i also have the less rare dragons than yalls island. When i have 10 newtypes of dragons i would like to see if i remain so lucky!

mammami08
11-15-12, 03:55 PM
Just so everyone knows im a she not a he. Not that i take offense, i dont, simply putting it out there.
I know im low level i only started since labor day this year i think. I participated because i seem to be lucky breeding. Its cool to know i got the most rare dragons from this breeding, but like you said - maybe its because i also have the less rare dragons than yalls island. When i have 10 newtypes of dragons i would like to see if i remain so lucky!

Have you figured out if you are one element color heavey? Or does it come out as even for two colors? Sorry for asking, and i know it's not in the original theory but my results got me thinking and i can't see only one, but two elements that comes out as evenly heavy and my island has been one of the accused as lucky islands, wich i really dont beliv.....

eboats
11-15-12, 03:56 PM
Thats your opinion, me for my self think this is very intresting and could, and then i mean could explain why some people have an easier time breeding some dragons and a harder time breeding others. It can al come down to luck also but i think it's to random to only be luck. The main problem with this theory is that it's so many factors to consider. But i sertanly think there is something in it to explore, if not for proving to make the game a little more exiting again ;)

Until proven otherwise it is simply fact. The burden of proof is on the fools that come up with these theories. Breeding is pretty strait forward, and at this time is already figured out.

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-15-12, 03:59 PM

Its fun to have theories! Keeps us smart even in our leisure time!
Besides why would a certain dragon have air symbol before fire symbol in th market while the other has fire symbol before air? It makes sense to think that the first symbol is dominant in that dragon. Its not too big a leap to think our island could be element heavy.
Anyway, there are lots of things TL doesnt tell because this game is still new and they are seeing how we players react to diffrent factors. There are bound to be some such as this that we dont/cant know about because they havent permanetly decided on whether they will keep/alter it.

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-15-12, 04:03 PM
Have you figured out if you are one element color heavey? Or does it come out as even for two colors? Sorry for asking, and i know it's not in the original theory but my results got me thinking and i can't see only one, but two elements that comes out as evenly heavy and my island has been one of the accused as lucky islands, wich i really dont beliv.....

I would obviously need to try breeding a higher number of times than the ten used in this experiment but it showed i was air heavy with forest very close behind.

Sefyre
11-15-12, 04:21 PM
Until proven otherwise it is simply fact. The burden of proof is on the fools that come up with these theories. Breeding is pretty strait forward, and at this time is already figured out.

Obviously, then, you by extension think that Nintendo is a 'fool' for creating a game like Pokemon where the breeding and Individual Values and Effort Values and 'shinies' and 'PKRS' and the RNG/Random Number Generator system behind it (which people have managed to reverse engineer which has shown that it is NOT completely 'random') does, in fact, exist.

Basically, RNG is NOT always a matter of simple RNG - stick two numbers together and literally by chance get some other number out of it - and if people want to consider possibilities, then why not?

I don't personally care if there is a more complex system or not like in the Pokemon mechanics; it's just something mentally stimulating to consider is all.

mammami08
11-15-12, 04:54 PM
So i started my own breeding experiment now. My goal is to see wich element, if any is my heavy element. But i suppose you (Takiofallen) can use my data. I'm breeding pumpkin with mermaid. Those i choose since i suspect i'm heavy red or green so i didn't want a pair that had one of the drags have those two (landworm, life, forestfire) elements by it self.

This is my first step, first breed is 14 hours so i guess eagle.

totaltechno
11-15-12, 05:04 PM
Obviously, then, you by extension think that Nintendo is a 'fool' for creating a game like Pokemon where the breeding and Individual Values and Effort Values and 'shinies' and 'PKRS' and the RNG/Random Number Generator system behind it (which people have managed to reverse engineer which has shown that it is NOT completely 'random') does, in fact, exist.

Basically, RNG is NOT always a matter of simple RNG - stick two numbers together and literally by chance get some other number out of it - and if people want to consider possibilities, then why not?

I don't personally care if there is a more complex system or not like in the Pokemon mechanics; it's just something mentally stimulating to consider is all.

I've actually abused Pokemon's RNG, not that much Black 2/White 2 though

Thing is, there must be some sort of variable that determines what we breed.

It could also be seed-based, being based on the time the game is started. In that case, we would never know, since we would need seed-creation mechanics, which would require server hacking, which lolno

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 05:04 PM
sorry about the he/she thing my fault

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 05:14 PM
i love having a mascot

kasaokc
11-15-12, 06:33 PM
I found this very interesting ... both the element heavy theory and the results of no rares when both elements came from the same parent. I would also participate in future experiments if I'm able. I'm a fairly new player and don't have an athletic so I missed out on this one.

I've wondered about the mechanics of breeding for a while now. It seems that some rares come to me so easily and I have multiple of them, and others I can't get at all.

eboats
11-15-12, 09:32 PM
Well its air for me. I have 5 honeybee, 3 eagle, 2 scorpion. I bred honeybee and green and got a scorpion just now. Same combo and turkey. Switched to honeybee and island and got a mindvolt. Did honeybee and island again and got either seabreeze or another turkey. Or that could just be random chance. Depends how you want to look at it. Either way 4 for 4 on rares.

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-15-12, 10:24 PM
Bred turkey earlier first try with honeybee (5) x forest(7).
It has air and forest which are my heavier elements.
Still failing at aurora though, which if you believe it breaks down to red and blue , it seems to make sense.
And like i said takiofallen, no offense taken with assuming he because you couldnt have known. However, i have put a pic on my profile of my husband, baby, and I. Not my most flattering picture and you cant see my hat is the same as ash ketchum 1st gen, but i like it.

SteveEG158
12-02-12, 09:18 PM
can i be in next experiment i also got a diamond. my strong elements are all of them i use my theory to breed i cant explain it so well add me i got anubis :)

chariiirox
12-02-12, 09:43 PM
If ur having another experiment count me in... Pls send me a PM when u start a new 1...

radtech123
12-04-12, 11:44 PM
Next experiment count me in. I'd love to help. Send me a PM :)

tigger04
12-05-12, 09:04 AM
Since I am a newbie here this is the first I have seen this. You have made me quite curious. I plan to try this myself with my epic athletic and my epic fairy dragons. I have a feeling that this is going to take awhile but I want to do ten breedings of AD/FD and then ten breedings of FD/AD.

tonguelashing
12-12-12, 05:10 PM
I mean the light element plays a factor in this because it turns in to the 5 element. I want to rerun the experiment but i need to fine-tune it.

I would love to participate if you do. Maybe pick a couple more common combos, (firestorm/island) and see what people get? I used to have 3 athletics, but got rid of all my dragons at one point because I was angry with TL not putting out New Dawn for Android (still am miffed about lack of progress, but playing again). During this time, I've NEVER bread: Wizard, Familiar, Planet, Diamond, Infinity). I do appear to be magic heavy when I use those breeds though.

kooky panda
12-12-12, 05:16 PM
For future experiments, you can post here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41416-Dragon-Story-Breeding-Experiments-Theories)

Or you can start a group.

1. Click on Community at the top of the forum.
2. Click Groups.
3. Search for existing groups in the search box in the top right corner.
4. If there's no existing group, you can click Create Group to make a new group!