PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Suggestions

bawpotter
11-14-12, 02:02 PM
What suggestions do you have about Castle Story? New quests, animals, buildings, etc. Please post your suggestions here. I will be creating a poll with the suggestions in two weeks.

(While we realize a lot of players have feedback concerning the Energy cap, please try to keep this thread focused on new content. Thanks!)

maguar
11-14-12, 02:22 PM
We're already using a suggestion thread

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36972-Castle-Story-Suggestions

kooky panda
11-14-12, 02:51 PM
Hey Maguar, Bawpotter is the new Moderator over Castle Story!!

He is starting a new suggestion thread, and will run a poll in two weeks so everyone can vote for the items they would like to see.

maguar
11-14-12, 03:03 PM
Hey Maguar, Bawpotter is the new Moderator over Castle Story!!

He is starting a new suggestion thread, and will run a poll in two weeks so everyone can vote for the items they would like to see.

Sweet. Thanks for letting me know. Thought it was a bit weird that we had two threads.

maguar
11-14-12, 03:10 PM
Hi Bawpotter, with the first poll that you do, will you just be taking ideas from this thread or will you look at the old one? Just wanting to see whether I need to do a summary of my suggestions from the other thread. Thanks

Perry9877
11-14-12, 03:33 PM
It would be really nice if there was a quest that brought in a new character. Perhaps a farmer that would have quests involving growing crops or animals. A new building for this could be for crafting things from the wool or making cheese from the milk, etc.

Rockinkitten
11-14-12, 03:49 PM
I'd like mystery boxes and other gem-only stuff please! So I can spend them before I lose em.

Silvertoaster
11-14-12, 04:31 PM
I have a suggestion that might improve gameplay and help people be a little happier:

Maybe instead of spending gems on energy that can be wasted, gems can be used to buy an energy cap increase? Like 10 gems for +5 to the energy cap perhaps? I enjoy many of your games and would consider spending money if the effects of spending money were a little more permanent. If you buy gems, then buy extra energy and use it, what have you got? An extra minute of play? It's not much incentive for me to pay money for something that doesn't even last. It would also be nice if there was an energy cap increase as a reward to some goals. I'm getting to the point in Castle Story where I have more things to spend energy on than energy to spend. It's not fun to play a game that you can't actually play. I also really like the suggestion I read earlier that you decrease the energy recharging time to 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes. That way people can really get into it and will possibly be more inclined to spend money. I thought City Metro was fun too until I couldn't collect from all the buildings I had built due to lack of energy, so I stopped playing. Please consider this suggestion and constructive criticism, I can tell you spent a long time developing Castle Story and it would be a real shame if everyone stopped playing it.

vednir
11-14-12, 04:31 PM
I still want to be able to build the Queen's Court (or King's Keep depending on which one you built first) at a higher level. It could be a quest associated with expanding the kingdom. After all every kingdom needs a succession plan.

yourstruly42
11-14-12, 04:45 PM
I'd really like for there to be a confirmation or "are you sure" button before spending gems. As the game stands right now, it is far too easy to accidentally double-click on a building to speed something up, spending tons of gems in the process, without intending to. Given that gems are both rare and costly (comparatively), it would be nice to have a chance to say, "Whoops! Didn't mean to click there!" before seeing those gems go up in glimmerdust.

hmgdanielson
11-14-12, 07:04 PM
I would please like to request some sort of method of remembering which shards of knowledge you've received from Taburnum (and what they do). I remember the water one, and what it does. But I don't remember the rat tails and bones one and what it does.

hmgdanielson
11-14-12, 07:04 PM
I would also like to request please a statue of a skunkupine. Because I think they're super cute.

:D

srobso
11-15-12, 06:35 AM
More animals for coins, not gems, would be fun! I know peacocks are associated with royalty (and maybe one that poops glimmer dust while you are trying to build ivy's house :). Thanks!

lkingi
11-15-12, 07:24 AM
Please fix it 'speed up' system. from now It implemented when I just double click a building or, object (for example, when I double click acidently 'workshop' which remaining crafting time 30min, I spend my jem! not click seppd up button) I have spnet about 10 my jem like this. plz change it to just click purple speed up botton to speed up.

lkingi
11-15-12, 08:05 AM
I want to more glimmerdust. I get glimmer dust from mushrooms percentage of about 1/10or less.

yourstruly42
11-15-12, 09:29 AM
Is it possible to make a search box for the inventory? Common items are generally quite near the front, but for less-common items, it's sometimes frustrating to start scanning through a long, unsorted list trying to find that one item... somewhere.

Rockinkitten
11-15-12, 10:39 AM
Would be good if the tabs worked better!

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to make a search box for the inventory? Common items are generally quite near the front, but for less-common items, it's sometimes frustrating to start scanning through a long, unsorted list trying to find that one item... somewhere.

I 2nd this one

moda999
11-15-12, 02:23 PM
Would be good if the tabs worked better!

Agreed so for example crops show up together with resources (wood etc) in another group. Forever scanned and scrolling looking for my stuff!

maguar
11-15-12, 02:39 PM
An in game popup letting us know if there is an update or new version to install.

Tassle23
11-15-12, 02:44 PM
I would like the ability to unload items from a caravan before it is complete. I just accidentally loaded 6 fancy beams and set myself back a loooooooooooong time in building the conservatory. And finishing the caravan would take even longer... Frustrating!

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 03:17 PM
I would please like to request some sort of method of remembering which shards of knowledge you've received from Taburnum (and what they do). I remember the water one, and what it does. But I don't remember the rat tails and bones one and what it does.

Reference thread shows what they do. At the bottom of post #3. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread

PikaSquirrel
11-15-12, 03:20 PM
We're seeing some interesting ideas in here. Thanks for all of your feedback! We will be forwarding them to our development team. Please keep them coming :)

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 03:30 PM
I was wondering about having the ability to send tokens to all neighbours which accumulate and when you collect say 100 you get a prize - there could be different colours or designs ...... Similar to the collectibles in bakery/zoo story 2

hmgdanielson
11-15-12, 03:56 PM
Reference thread shows what they do. At the bottom of post #3. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread

Thanks. That doesn't actually tell you, though. Under the Aquifers quest, it should have a reward listed of getting twice as much water from wells and ponds, and a greater chance of mermaid scales. I don't remember anatomy - I think that you get more parts when ****ing things and going on adventures (?).

But it would be cool to have a reminder in-game - like a decoration to remind you that you got the quest, or having a colored gem show up on the base of the Tablet. Or something.

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 04:29 PM
But it would be cool to have a reminder in-game - like a decoration to remind you that you got the quest, or having a colored gem show up on the base of the Tablet. Or something.

Hey ....that would be good!!

ktappe
11-15-12, 04:36 PM
I'm wondering if a way could be added to "instruct" our PC to be at least mildly autonomous. See, my problem is that I know when I got to sleep at night or go to work in the day I'm losing resources in Castle Story. After 90 minutes away, I know my PC is fully charged and energy is starting to waste. After 2 hours my wheat is just sitting there waiting for harvest and my bakery is waiting for me to tell it to make another loaf. But I need to sleep and work.

In short, can you add a "Leave Instructions" command for our PC to execute if we've been gone for 90 minutes (which game can tell because our energy is full)?

I know the point of the game is to play it, so we'd limit this to just one away instruction at a time. It could also be limited to one execution every 15-30 minutes.

Commands from which we could select:
"Gather water"
"Harvest & replant corn"
"Harvest & replant wheat"
"Gather eggs"
"Gather milk"
"Gather coins"

Keep it simple; let the game randomly decide which plot to gather from. Limit this to the short-duration, tedious tasks; expensive or valuable tasks (eg. crafting wisp lanterns) must be done ourselves.

This way our sleeping/away time from the game is not totally wasted. But we still have an incentive to play if we can because one instruction only goes so far; many other things need doing.

Thoughts?

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 05:07 PM
I would like for the maximum number of buildings per level per category to show (like what happens in dragon story habitats)

goodsnyummies
11-15-12, 07:19 PM
Being able to have extra crafting buildings....I have the 'problem' of having lots of money,most of my items are capped out in storage but unable to craft much of anything because of the lower rate dropped materials(glimmerdust, jewels etc)

celemenia
11-17-12, 09:15 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to this game and I have a couple of suggestions. Hope you like a few.
1) a bench or a table set to go with fountain
2) market should allow you to buy or sell veggies
3) bus/car/train with tracks and station
4) an old woman with goodies / a witch who harms the kingdom
4) a feature that allows you to increase max energy for a time limit by spending gems
Have fun everyone!

midnightmeerkat
11-17-12, 11:45 AM
I would like the ability to unload items from a caravan before it is complete. I just accidentally loaded 6 fancy beams and set myself back a loooooooooooong time in building the conservatory. And finishing the caravan would take even longer... Frustrating!

Ohhhh.. I did that! So annoying!!

QueenJen
11-18-12, 11:17 AM
Here are my suggestions, However I still don't believe the game makers take them into consideration, I think it's all about the money  I would be more prone to spend actual money if the game were willing to accept new ideas. I think that we should be able to gift more than 3 neighbors, even if some gifts had a max & we had to gift say resources or nature items or even energy for the rest of our faithful neighbors. I would also enjoy being able to take a swing at neighbors lurking beasts. Most of us have great & dedicated neighbors it would be nice to be able to help them more. Maybe even being able to request more materials from neighbors during builds like ive seen previously u could request dust for the Ivy hut build & now its gone . The more difficult u make a game for players the less likely they are to play. Thanks for your time &
consideration.

iamaita
11-18-12, 01:38 PM
I would like more short quests. A lot of the quests take a long time to complete because of the number of crafted materials they require. It would be nice if there were other quests to work on at the same time that did not require use of the same building. Right now I have several quests that require my workshops, but nothing for the potion shops to do. I wouldnt get ad bored with the game during the three days it take to complete a long tedious quest if there were something else to do in te meantime. The problem would also get better if the limit cap on the number of workshops were increased.

It would also be awesome if there were some sort of mini-game built in. What if there were some sort of in game puzzle to work while waiting for energy to recharge? If I could go to the tavern and play a shooter game or go to Thomas's hut and organize his scrolls with a chance to earn coins or energy then I would play more. Every town or character building could have its own mini game.

midnightmeerkat
11-18-12, 01:46 PM
I would like more short quests.

It would also be awesome if there were some sort of mini-game built in. What if there were some sort of in game puzzle to work while waiting for energy to recharge? If I could go to the tavern and play a shooter game or go to Thomas's hut and organize his scrolls with a chance to earn coins or energy then I would play more. Every town or character building could have its own mini game.

I agree with some shorter quests..... Also I love this idea of the mini-games built in!

FuLLoFMeAT
11-18-12, 05:44 PM
Change the energy system. Having to wait 3 minutes for 1 energy regen is a tad ridiculous with the amount of activities in your kingdom and having the energy cap at 30.
I have a couple suggestions here that could ease the burden on the energy system:
1) Lower the energy regen to 1 per 2 minutes.
2) Raise or get rid of the energy ceiling and make it so it increases by 1 per level up. For example: you start at 20 energy at level 1. By level 10 you would have 30 energy and by level 20 you would have 40 energy and so forth.
3) Make it so every action has a % chance to drop 1 energy. By action I mean anything that pertains to harvesting crop, cutting down trees, mining rocks/boulders for ore, watering the plants for petals, milking the cows, etc etc.
Of course the % chance shouldn't be too high or too low and I suggest an area around 20%~40%.
4) Give simple, repeatable quests that can be turned in for about 5~10 energy. The quests can consist of ****ing beasts or planting and harvesting a couple crops (5~10) to turn in for energy. This would ensure a safe loop of continuous profit for the player and help retain some energy to spend on other tasks.

#5 is going a bit off topic but I wanted to share it nonetheless.
5) Turn the Market Place (the building that produces 900g per day) into an actual interactive market where you can sell and buy items at. The prices can be a flat rate or fluctuate depending on demand. Furthermore, buying and selling items aren't the only thing the market place should do but should also have a trading system. By matching the current market price of an item, you could trade an 'x' amount of goods for another by matching prices. Then there's the energy part. There should just be one flat rate to buy energy at the market and you can trade items for it as well as buy it for gold.

tankerslacers
11-18-12, 08:57 PM
I'd really like for there to be a confirmation or "are you sure" button before spending gems. As the game stands right now, it is far too easy to accidentally double-click on a building to speed something up, spending tons of gems in the process, without intending to. Given that gems are both rare and costly (comparatively), it would be nice to have a chance to say, "Whoops! Didn't mean to click there!" before seeing those gems go up in glimmerdust.

I totally agree. I've accidentally clicked on the purple box to use gems also. I cringed when I accidentally spent 10 gems speeding up the growth of ONE carrot. ARG!

imagine449
11-19-12, 11:54 AM
I absolutely agree - also, I bought gems to buy glimmer dust for Ivy Hut & only got 1 for 30 gems, which infuriated me. I' getting fed up w/ how hard some items are to collect while others quickly exceed 99. Still, I love the game, just think it could be improved, I liked previous suggestions.

midnightmeerkat
11-19-12, 12:16 PM
- I bought gems to buy glimmer dust for Ivy Hut & only got 1 for 30 gems, which infuriated me. I' getting fed up w/ how hard some items are to collect while others quickly exceed 99. Still, I love the game, just think it could be improved, I liked previous suggestions.

Yes, I got caught by that trick, thinking it would by all but is only for 1..... I also love the game but the energy restriction is too restricted and I hate the gem traps

PartyScout
11-19-12, 02:21 PM
I would like to be able to send daily gifts to ALL my neighbours. 3 gifts per day is so limited.

PartyScout
11-19-12, 02:23 PM
I'd really like for there to be a confirmation or "are you sure" button before spending gems.

I agree. TeamLava needs to change their policy. There is no "CONFIRM" button in any of the TL games I play and I have played LOTS of them.

rub1x
11-19-12, 04:10 PM
Confirmation on spending gems, upvoted.

daenaris
11-19-12, 05:34 PM
I really like the game, but I find that I have ALOT of time that I can't do anything because I ran out of energy, I'd like to see the energy regen lowered some. I would also like to be able to send gifts to more than 3 friends/neighbors. I believe the saw mill and the mine should give more than the 3-5 pieces of normal wood/stone that I appear to be getting. I do love the game, and would like to see more resources coming from the mill/mine/stable etc, or at least allow us to harvest it in 1 hr, or 1hr:30min. I would like to be able to play for longer sessions than maybe 5 min's before I'm out of energy. Thanks a Bunch!

Nuryn212Ming
11-19-12, 05:42 PM
1. I've reached a maximum level for some of the inventories, perhaps you can consider to add the function of selling off your inventories items. i.e. selling it at market place?
2. "Ask Friend" button for incomplete materials for crafting. This will at least save all my energy that I've spent on harvesting the mushroom patches or dead tree to get a Glimmerdust. Save all the energy I've spent on outcropping the Rock to get the coal so I can craft the Earth Wisp.
3. As posted and agreed by others above.. Confirmation of Spending Gems!! Wasted lots of them already!!

Thank you

mystoryzoozoo
11-20-12, 09:13 AM
Add a natural waterfall feature. this could be a energising waterfall which could refill your energy once every 24 hours. People would spend gems on this because its investing in a continuous benefit.

In addition to walls i would like fences and gates.

Players need a indicator if they are visiting a neighbour, If you visit from messages you can't tell. Having the gift icon shadowed out might help?

I dislike having construction sites without having the ability to actually complete the building. Could we be able to store them

I would like a way to reduce surplus items. For example I have 99 mushrooms but 0 glimmer dust. Want to collect from mushrooms for dust but it is wasted energy because it wont give mushrooms (or any dust) If we could sell or donate lots of 20 for small amount of coins, xp or energy this would be helpful.

ktappe
11-20-12, 10:22 AM
Change the energy system. ... make it so it increases by 1 per level up. For example: you start at 20 energy at level 1. By level 10 you would have 30 energy and by level 20 you would have 40 energy and so forth.

Seconded. It only makes sense that as a kingdom grows and a PC gains experience, they should have more energy.

ktappe
11-20-12, 10:26 AM
add the function of selling off your inventories items.

Seconded. Or, better yet, a barter system where you can trade them for items you need.

On that subject, there are some amazing disparities in abundance vs. scarcity in the game. We all have 99 mushrooms and not enough gems--those make sense. But I dunno about the rest of you, I find myself frequently short of iron and water. Those are odd things to be short of considering their abundance on the planet (assuming that the game takes place on our planet. ;-) ) Not sure how TL could fix this but find a way to give a boost to commodities that are generally accepted to be in abundance. We all get glimmerdust being rare, but when I have more of it than water the game needs a tweak.

ktappe
11-20-12, 10:49 AM
(Sorry to post 3x, but I've got lots of thoughts on the game!)

Two consumables suggestions:
1) Eggs are not used in the making of bread. Cake maybe, but not bread.
2) Swords should not be considered consumable like coal and water and wheat are. It would be pretty unusual for crusaders to all come back without their swords. And, after all, the meat cleaver you have us create to battle fangbeasts is persistent. If we don't keep having to make those, we shouldn't have to keep remaking swords either, right?

Thanks for a fun game!

zombiefun
11-20-12, 12:47 PM
Btw, it would be nice if a female character was wearing a skirt or smthg. Leggings are not pants. ;)

supernik126
11-20-12, 08:54 PM
Being able to gift Livingwood would be great. i have no problems finding glimmerdust, but Livingwood is such a struggle! Im lucky if I get one a day from my Mill and Ive tried so many trees with little to no luck. Ive been waiting to build Ivys hut for days and have everything, but cant find livingwood. At this rate it will take another week, at least!

daenaris
11-22-12, 10:11 PM
I would like the ability to be able to send something back to people that has sent a gift to me. I feel rude thank I cannot return the nice gesture. I'm to the point where I am frustrated with the game and it's strict limitations. I spend more time waiting for energy then I do actually playing the game. I believe I have to wait an hour and a half just to get full energy just to play for less than 5 minutes. It's very frustrating and I am debating if I should delete the game and find something else to play. Please address this issue

sgtmonkeynads
11-23-12, 12:12 AM
All the ideas are great!

Now, when I gift something. I click on the gift back, then the gift type,then their name.

After that a confirmation screen comes up that basically says are you sure.

Don't tell me you can't have a are you sure you want to uses those gems button.

This proves the gem trap theory, it's on purpose.

Also, add a tab to turn off harvest, or collect indicators. I want to see my kingdom, not a bunch of bouncing arrows and watering cans.

maguar
11-23-12, 12:15 AM
Idlike scarecrows and guard dogs. They'd have an area of influence in which monsters would not appear. If I could better control where monsters appear I'd be less likely to keep one as a pet and more likely to defeat them.

Rockinkitten
11-23-12, 02:35 AM
Ooh a scarecrow would be nice even if it was just a decoration.

tiggerhobbes
11-24-12, 01:25 AM
Hi TL:

Signed up just for this game. Initially downloaded the game to earn gems for other games, but rapidly got hooked to it. I'm quite happy to abandon my other games if I have to choose just one.

Love the strategic elements and the diversity of things you can do. It almost feels like my game character has agency: what sort of kingdom I end up with depends on choices I make, which building to focus resources on, which direction to expend. That's some seriously fun stuff, unlike most of the other TL games I play which feels a lot more like cookie-cutters.

Suggestion:

Constructive ones:
1) Love the strategic elements to it, maybe add more "limited options" so different players will have functionally different kingdoms. For example, each player can only choose to have 3 kinds of functional infrastructure, like a sea port for shipping goods or a university to educate more scholars/ knights for higher production, or housing for farm hands.
2) Make the game more interactive: i.e. give more neighbor functions: joint quests that require 4 neighbors to pool together resources, for example, or a true market where players can support their neighbors by paying coins and also get something they lack (a feast, a weapon, glimmer dust ...)
3) Improve higher level players "popularity" by giving them more "privilege" they can give to low level co-conspirators, for example allow other players to collect from their magic garden once a day, so first come first serve, or they can "invite" junior players to join them in more advanced quest and have a chance to share the loots, etc.
4) Okay, I know I'm going to hell, but I think Thurston looks adorable sneezing in those red heart boxers. Please please please give us the option to undress him after we complete the armour goals? It's fun to be able to threaten him if he brings back mediocre haul from an expensive expedition...
5) More character ideas: different occupations like
captain (to ship goods. Give players their own "caravan" or "ships" to ship off cargos.)

tiggerhobbes
11-24-12, 01:33 AM
(accidentally hit "reply") Continued:
Occupations:
-[captain]
-Healer:
improve health of the sneezing knight after a fight with the monsters, for example (i.e. a chance the monster can win the fight!)
-vet:
turn captured monsters into kingdom mascots and train them to perform tasks like helping with farm, giving milk, etc.

--------------

Constructive ... Criticism:
Like I said, love the game, love the game play, love the graphics, wish there were more energy but strategy games being what it is, I can learn to adjust to limited steps and options, but:
1) Communicate a little better? Strategy games are fun because players feel like their cunning plans and execution will bring them specific outcome. When you suddenly change game parameters unannounced, it's the exact opposite of having agency. Having that sort of disastrous changes without warning is really unpleasant. Especially when you don't even come out to acknowledge it in the forum until someone gets angry and have a public tantrum.
2) Gem traps: The graphics and game development is so good I really don't mind paying a bit to support the development of this game, the only thing really stopping me, is the thought of accidentally "spending" it all on poor game interface design. It can't be that hard to implement "confirm" buttons for spending gem. If I know I'm paying for additional options, and not insidiously being *****ed out of my cold hard cash, I find it a lot easier to justify paying to play this game.

aimeeq
11-24-12, 05:40 AM
I think we should be able to gift more. And how about a "last played" stat somewhere next to neighbors in your list so you can delete people who don't play anymore. Or even move them to the top of the list when they Visit or help. That way it's easier to interact with actual people playing. If someone is full you can't tell they visited at all

Gweo
11-24-12, 01:44 PM
Must agree with everyone who says its to easy to spend gems by accident. Everytime it happens to me I immediatelly stop playing this game and will not come back until my bad mood is gone. I'm not going to spend real money on this game until this is fixed, because I want to be sure I will spend my money on items I'm planning to buy.

Even if they add a confirmaition button I will probably hit that too by accident, just less often. Why not a "I changed my mind button". Might be available up to 5 minutes after you spend your gems.

Some people here have asked for easier ways to get rare items like jewels, glimmer dust and living wood. That is something I would be prepared to spend gems (and real money) on. Maybe a glimmer dust flower.

More info about what you get when you are buying from the market would be nice. All resource building now has the text "A Resource building. Collect from it to earn various Crafting Materials". Not so usefull. Also, it would be nice to know the construction costs before you place it in your kingdom.

I'd like some history over who you sent your gifts to. Sometimes I just don't remember who I sent to yesterday. And I want to be fair with my neighbors.

Maybe you should be able to buy the ability to give more gifts. If you give more, you probably get more in return.

Finally, I really like this game

Shelbschn
11-24-12, 07:31 PM
I am very unhappy with the new knight added. I absolutly love this game and have easily spent a lot of money on it, and to see that the knight is almost completly unclothed annoys me. I don't want to look at it on my property, nor is it unavoidable... If you could add some sort of rag clothing or something....
Im sure im not the only one who is unhappy about this.
I would be very upset to have to quit Castle Story because iof this, it is such a fun and enjoyable game. So please, add something to cover the knight up...
Thank you.

tiggerhobbes
11-24-12, 07:46 PM
LOL, and I was hoping for an option to keep him in his current state while still moving forward with the goals :-)

I think he looks cute sneezing in those boxers. Much more adorable than that insufferably pompous look he gets when he prances around in metals.

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 08:03 PM
I am very unhappy with the new knight added. I absolutly love this game and have easily spent a lot of money on it, and to see that the knight is almost completly unclothed annoys me. I don't want to look at it on my property, nor is it unavoidable... If you could add some sort of rag clothing or something....
Im sure im not the only one who is unhappy about this.
I would be very upset to have to quit Castle Story because iof this, it is such a fun and enjoyable game. So please, add something to cover the knight up...
Thank you.

You can hide him behind a tree

Shelbschn
11-24-12, 08:05 PM
I spen mone to quickly cloth him, but visiting my neighbors, i don't want to see him unclothed.

Shelbschn
11-24-12, 08:06 PM
Spent* money*

midnightmeerkat
11-24-12, 08:30 PM
:). I haven't heard of anyone else being upset about it..... Doesn't worry me

maguar
11-25-12, 02:23 AM
Moving back to game suggestions, I'd like a magic fruit tree which drops random fruit.

mikabroccoli
11-25-12, 02:29 AM
Hi,could anyone tell me how to get prime cut steaks,plz. Thanks

maguar
11-25-12, 02:33 AM

Rare drop from cows and sheep. Sometimes a reward from adventures

mikabroccoli
11-25-12, 02:36 AM
Okay,thank you

midnightmeerkat
11-25-12, 10:42 AM

Stables as well

CuddlyDragon
11-25-12, 01:09 PM
Hey Everyone,

I have cleaned this thread up a bit.

Please stay on topic. Any further forum violations will result in a very unhappy and not so CuddlyDragon. :(

Shelbschn
11-25-12, 07:06 PM
Hey has anyone actually built the fort yet? I built the ballista already and am now recruiting friends as apart of the quest. I just wanted to prepare myself for the crafting of the fort. Anyone know what materials are required?

Also back to seggustions.
I second the option of mini games and more energy per major level (10,20,30).
Also I woukd like to see some more town and royal buildings added as well as maybe some farming options. For example, we could craft a tractor that allowed us to harvest 4 plots at once at the cost of lets say 2 energy. Royal building seggustions, I would have to say a bank or something along those lines. For town buildings, a school or a lighthouse would be cool.

bloorbz
11-25-12, 07:45 PM
I think it would be nice if you already have chickens (for example), to be able to "store" them in the hatchery, sort of like a per/building inventory, as long as it related to the object or animal. This would be a good idea for things like a kitchen building (where you could find your flour, pies and others) and a stable (where you could find and see how many cows or pigs you have), the library (for scrolls or books) and the potion shop (for whichever potions you have made so far).
Also, if you happen to not have the building yet, you could still see things in the general inventory chest.

schmackie47
11-26-12, 04:37 AM
Big fan of this game - these are my suggestions:
- Have the windmill serve a purpose other than coin generation (perhaps generating energy?)
- Make gem values consistent: In the Sparkling Mine, Rocks for an Earth Wisp are 8 gems each, therefore 40 gems total as 5 rocks are required. However, Earth Wisps are 6 gems each (as is for Lumin Essence as well) when constructing a Wisp Lantern, thus totaling 18 gems as 3 Earth Wisps are needed for one Wisp Lantern. This means you can pay 120 gems or 18 gems for the same thing. Additionally, when expanding, Wisp Lanterns are usually 30 gems each to skip - but even if speeding up the Lantern in the Sparkling Mine for 8 gems, the 26 gem total is still lower than the 30 or 120+. The gem-value should be consistently proportional to the increase in speed or net coins that is gained by redeeming them.
- It would be awesome if the viewpoint was zoomed out further - also, if it could be zoomed out when visiting neighbors, that would be more enjoyable/convenient as well.
- For the fruit trees, at least some variety of tree should be available for purchase by coin and not gem only - especially if all of the goals are going to require the fruit at one point
- Milk doesn't appear to be used for anything anymore now that the sweet cream/dessert piece has been phased out
- When a limit has been reached - please indicate the specific level that needs to be reached to increase the limit vs. the general 'level-up' prompt that's currently in place (i.e. as is done for adding appliances in Restaurant or Bakery Story)
- When in the market to add a building, if you don't have the coin amount required, you are given the prompt to add coins - however, this precedes the notification that you reached a limit and can't add that building yet. When first playing this game, I followed the prompts and felt duped when I redeemed gems for coins for a building I couldn't even purchase yet. I would be surprised if others did't do this unknowingly as a new player as well.
- The goals/caravans are by far the most enjoyable aspect of the game - if a new goal can always be added to replace one that was just completed - it would be awesome!
- The Mithril rock goal didn't appear until after I completed Excalibam and defeated the troll (I used gems when I couldn't figure out where to get this after a day or so) - if this could be better linked to the rest of that goal set - it would make things less complicated

This game is great - hope this feedback is useful.
- J

dng1234
11-26-12, 05:48 AM
I've have read so many wonderful suggestions on here! What I've come up with has been mentioned already but I feel that if multiple people are mentioning it then it's something the devs shoud consider.

The energy cap is the number one thing on my list. I'm only at level 14 right now and I'm already running into the issue where I more things I can do or energy to do it. Maybe an energy cap increase as you level up could be a possibility. There was also a mention of a permanent energy increase using gems to purchase.

The requirement to buy gem items to complete a quest. I've played many, many games over the years and one of the things that I've witnessed that would **** a game quick is requiring people to buy items with money to continue. Yes I know people say that you don't have to buy with real money to move on now, but today it's just a tree, tomorrow it's something else, and them one day everything is a gem purchase after paying $1.99 for the game. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there needs to be free options and gem options. Have regular trees, animals, etc available for coins and offer premium ones for gems. Heck if you want make the drop rates a little better for the premium items.

Lastly the fact that we can only gift three neighbors daily. I get that by limiting gifts you help to decrease the server traffic but I doubt that many new players are aware of the three person/gift limit. I'm perfectly fine with limiting the number of a particular item that you can send daily but let me send something to everyone. Also the gifting option needs to be in a better place. Having to go to that persons kingdom and then to the gifting screen seems like an extra step. Why can't there be a gifting tab under social or even the main menu?

I know that some of the suggestions on here are easier to implement than others but please take them all into consideration.

midnightmeerkat
11-26-12, 11:13 AM
Also the gifting option needs to be in a better place. Having to go to that persons kingdom and then to the gifting screen seems like an extra step. Why can't there be a gifting tab under social or even the main menu?

Before you reach the 3 max you can gift from the social or news sections

QueenJen
11-26-12, 02:42 PM
Let's see among many others, stop making it so difficult!!! My energy maxs out before I can finish everything I need to tend! Then the requirements for goals, expansions, quests etc, it takes not just weeks but probably months to acquire everything needed to complete them :( prob be another week before I just get frusterated completely & then quit altogether. Just like all the other stories....should have known :( Just too many restrictions & not enough rewards :(

lalisa
11-26-12, 02:59 PM
More animals for coins, not gems, would be fun! I know peacocks are associated with royalty (and maybe one that poops glimmer dust while you are trying to build ivy's house :). Thanks!

That is freaking brilliant!! LOL but totally would go with the game!

Shelbschn
11-26-12, 03:24 PM
That is freaking brilliant!! LOL but totally would go with the game!

I agree! That would be awesome.

Oh and maybe make a trading system from gold to gems, i mean you already have, gems to gold, gems to energy, why not help people out with gold to gems so you don't have to change your premium features.

lalisa
11-26-12, 04:10 PM
I too have become a big fan of this game and for the first time, have paid for gems because I've been so entertained with the quests and challenges. I've spent around $40 US which is what would spend for an xbox kind of game.

As I've progressed, I too have become frustrated with the limitations that have been mentioned above: energy limits, uneven gem requirements, gift limits and request limits etc. If I need to ask for 40 plant essences, don't limit the number I can receive in a day. Not to mention the unevenness of some of the play. For example, I just had to battle 3 beasts in a row (literally back to back) and did not reap all the energy back! Such a waste when I have crops and buildings that need tending.

I spent gems acquiring some of the the animals and trees but there is really very little benefit. If I'm gonna pay for the orchard trees, give me more than one fruit per drop! It will be weeks trying to harvest enough for the cooking caravan and that gets boring fast! even the animals can give more than one item per tending which is probably why I'm maxed out on eggs and roast chicken and hides.

I like the idea of trading. I have yet to acquire Sir Pigglesworth (BTW I'm level 19 - lolly4u) as I can't for the life of me get a golden egg to drop. I have 3 gold nuggets and an extra gold apple - how about a way to trade for it maybe with neighbors? I'm growing more chickens, but I'm so energy poor, i'm not sure its worth it!

It would be awesome to convert some portion of a maxed out item like mushrooms and fish and milk and eggs to something else. Maybe trade or sell them in your market according to the supply the player has as opposed to the game driven market requests. I had to forgo the coal request because I just couldn't keep making swords, for the next day's adventure quest. (I agree with the above suggestion that these should not be consumable) but maybe you just send more soldiers as one's inventory allows for bigger rewards.

Maybe there should be other ways to use some of the common items - milk/cream to butter, mushrooms and eggs for omelets, etc.

Also, YES a way to trade inventory for energy would be cool or I love buying a larger permanent energy cap--that's totally worth a few gems!

But really, this has been my favorite TeamLava game of Farm, Bakery City, Design, and have stopped all except design story.

There have been some great suggestions in this thread and i hope the developers heed them. But if I had to pic one, reduce energy regen by half and that would solve a LOT of frustrations!

Keep up the great work!

wassupbaby
11-26-12, 05:11 PM
Yeah CS is the best so far. And i like maguar's idea about ma gic fruit tree. Since i have to gather 20 magic fruits for the quest Faerie magic and magic fruit can only be found by magic garden , and i can only tend magic garden once a day. That means it takes 20 days to finish 1 goal. Seriously, its too slow *sigh*

Nuryn212Ming
11-26-12, 08:59 PM
Another Suggestions:
1. Increase the limit for Crafting Buildings as we go higher. Some of it takes hours to Craft while it takes minutes to filled up the inventories again for some of the items as we need to keep tending the chickens to get the Steaks but as usual out of dozens only one steak compare to dozens of milks. I'm almost full with the bacon cause I'm still crafting the bread and I can't make the grits until I'm done with my bread. And at the same time I also need to keep tending the Pigs for the Truffles Quest.

2 Caravan and Market Quest - Maybe they should ask for something less needed and easier to get. I know they give away gems as a reward (for Market Quest) so it need to be challenging. But maybe they should also ask Us to give away the items that comes together with it when we look for those. i.e Rather than just requesting for 80 Iron Ores, I'll be so glad to give away the never ending stones I have in the inventories. Don't just ask for my Hides, take my milks with you. And I don't mind giving away the glimmer dust if only you're willing to take my mushrooms along.

Cheers :)

bloorbz
11-26-12, 10:40 PM
I completely agree with all your ideas here: I think an energy cap increase as you level up is crucial, as then you have so many things to tend to that it becomes ridiculous. Also, your point about buying gems to complete quests is absolutely true, and it's why I've stopped playing many games in the past: money. And letting us gift a bigger cap (of, say, 20 a day? or once daily to each neighbor?) sounds much better.

Thanks for putting it out there.

shalaraq
11-27-12, 01:05 AM
I agree that the number of tasks to complete far exceeds the amount of energy allotted. However, I personally think increasing the energy cap would be pointless. The cap only matters if you let your energy get to max, which for me only happens when im sleeping. I'd much rather see energy regeneration speeded up a little (shave off 30 seconds).

dng1234
11-27-12, 05:01 AM
I agree that the number of tasks to complete far exceeds the amount of energy allotted. However, I personally think increasing the energy cap would be pointless. The cap only matters if you let your energy get to max, which for me only happens when im sleeping. I'd much rather see energy regeneration speeded up a little (shave off 30 seconds).

That would be okay too, but in my situation I'm limited on being able to play throughout the day during the week. I check in before work, at lunch and then when I get off work. I don't work at a place where I can pop in and out as I want. Because I'm limited to those times my energy gets the chance to max out between each visit. I do what I can on my break and then can't do anything further. Maybe the devs would consider a change to both the cap and the regen

midnightmeerkat
11-27-12, 10:50 AM
That would be okay too, but in my situation I'm limited on being able to play throughout the day during the week. I check in before work, at lunch and then when I get off work. I don't work at a place where I can pop in and out as I want. Because I'm limited to those times my energy gets the chance to max out between each visit. I do what I can on my break and then can't do anything further. Maybe the devs would consider a change to both the cap and the regen
I dunno if this would be feasible but maybe there could be an option for either a higher cap with lower energy regen. Or a lower cap and higher energy regen.. You choose which best suits your gameplay........ For me I can mostly check throughout the day so a higher cap would not be as desirable. (TL has the energy system in place to deliberately slow things down - and I agree with it as it is far better to pace the quests than to rush through them and run out of quests and wait weeks for an update)

scottyhaha
11-27-12, 03:20 PM
Well the storage need to get better. putting trees and rocks in the inventory, that's would be nice. I used up all my energy trying to clear my land.

twjan
11-27-12, 11:30 PM
Maybe we could make the characters do some work as well, instead of just walking around? The knight should be able to defend us from different beasts, and maybe ivy can collect from gardens and mushrooms...etc. I wouldn't mind if we have to feed them or something of that sort... This will free up some of our energy usage.

maguar
11-28-12, 01:45 AM
Well the storage need to get better. putting trees and rocks in the inventory, that's would be nice. I used up all my energy trying to clear my land.

The game was designed so that these items couldn't be stored. It's one way to control the speed at which players progress. If possible cram all of these items around the edges or in one corner.

When deciding what to clear think of the energy per square. Tall grass is 1/square. Iron rich rocks are 8/square. Large rock outcroppings are 5/square. So while large rocks take 20 hits, you clear 4 squares. Clearing 4 iron rich rocks would take 32.

tarantelle
11-28-12, 01:51 AM
Really addicted to this lovely game, but I agree, the energycap may be increased. Maybe add a possibility to spend earned money (money-buildings) into gems??? For example: 10.000 money = 10 gems??? More gifts to send to neighbours would be a nice option!

astiv27
11-28-12, 05:32 AM
Maybe we could make the characters do some work as well, instead of just walking around? The knight should be able to defend us from different beasts, and maybe ivy can collect from gardens and mushrooms...etc. I wouldn't mind if we have to feed them or something of that sort... This will free up some of our energy usage.

Seconded. This seems like a really cool idea, we feed them or something and in return they tend to the kingdom as well. Ivy collects from plants and Thurston could take care of beasts if you're out of energy :D

homemaker101
11-28-12, 06:08 AM
As the kingdom grows its it obvious you need more energy than 30 I know you can buy gems but overnight you should be given more than 30 if you exceeded level 18 what does everyone else think?

homemaker101
11-28-12, 06:14 AM
I also think 3 gift per day isn't good I have over 800 neighbours to how do I select just 3 from them if you have more neighbours you should be able to send at lease 10 percent of them gifts

gjatt
11-28-12, 10:18 AM
I tried to read through the posts quickly -- I like the idea of a peacock that gives glimmer dust, more characters overall to interact with (like witches) and being able to buy animals with coins (not just gems).

Also, I would love to see the number of gifts we can send increased and a much higher energy cap.

sbhawna
11-28-12, 02:26 PM
Few suggestions..

1) Please have a repeatedly playable goal which will have a reward to upgrade the storage cellar for say 5 slots, so that it can hold more than 99 nos of a particular item and the player has the option to select the slots. Suppose I know that I will need lots of coal for Earth Wisps as my strategy is for expansion, then I place the slot holding coal into the expanded slot category, so now it can hold a further of 99 items. So each player choses his slot as per his strategy. This option can be clubbed with another option for say speeding up my harvest, or beast-free the kingdom for next 30 actions. This goal can be repeated after a player completes a defined level (Say after 5th, 10th, 15th levels and so on).

2) Earning coins is not very easy as it takes my energy cap down. Can we have an option (bound by a goal) to open a stall in the market after a player has matured enough (completed say 20 levels) so that he can place some of his cooked/crafted stuff for sale. This will ensure passive earning even when the player is not on field (as it happens in Bakery Story). Game can charge some energy to place items in the stall, say 1 energy per 5 nos of the item.
[So in a way I'm suggesting a mini Bakery(Story) and a mini Restaurant(Story) in Castle Story :D ]
Also the same way we can have a sale option for the surplus raw materials from our inventory in the market. This part has been suggested already, and I second it.

3) All the animals and plants that need gems for buying should have alternate option to acquire them. For example an Orange Tree can have a special goal associated with it and on completing it the player can get the tree. So each time a player wants to have an Orange Tree, he can either choose to pay by gems (faster method) or by completing the goal.

4) This one is not directly related to the game rather the players game history. Can we players have a section either in the game or some page on the TeamLava site where we can check our stats and game history.
Information like how many trolls, fangbeasts, etc have I ****ed so far. How many times and which crop have I harvested. What all goals have I completed so far. Etc , etc. this page can either be repeated in each game of TeamLava or it can be there on TeamLava site for all games ( all at one place as most if us play multiple of TeamLava games)

Lastly I like would like to thank TeamLava for letting us post our views and suggestions.
Needless to say that I have become so addicted to this game that have started thinking of ways to love it further, hence the suggestions.

Thanks TeamLava for the wonderful game(s).

Mazei
11-28-12, 11:53 PM
I would really enjoy being able to play Castle Story on my iPhone and iPad. Maybe using my storm8 id or some Facebook interface allowing me to have my kingdom on both devices. That would be awesome.

vednir
11-29-12, 12:05 AM
It would be nice if you could partially load large quantities of items. For example if you needed 100 jewels towards a goal but you only had 20 on hand you could load 17 and then save 3 for something else.

maguar
11-29-12, 12:20 AM
It would be nice if you could partially load large quantities of items. For example if you needed 100 jewels towards a goal but you only had 20 on hand you could load 17 and then save 3 for something else.

That could be interesting. At this stage though unless a quest requires more than 99 of an item, I wouldn't recommend loading in advance. As the game is still in development requires can and do change from time to time.

estelle_desir
11-29-12, 04:47 AM
I perfectly agree with Silvertoaster. I suggest too to be able to buy cap increase energy.
I was playing metro city and I'm stopping because it is soo frustrating that you can't never follow your game properly. With the max energy we got we can only collect from a few of the buildings. The same here for Castle Story.
If your realm grows, you have to be able in a way or another to increase your collecting capacity.
In real life it's the same: big shops=big budgets, big cities=big taxes , more income to develop your cities/ realm.
It will be worth buying gems for energy cap increase that last in the game, not for a one shot use.
Think about it

annielb
11-29-12, 08:03 PM
I'd like to be able to request materials like jewels or glimmerdust. Later quests and buildings require so much of this, and it is a pain to collect it. These items are rare drops, and requests would make the game more fun

jociphine
11-29-12, 10:19 PM
I second this, I can't tell you how many gems I wasted as I got stuck on an item while trying to click on something else that was located close to it.

jociphine
11-29-12, 10:53 PM
I'd also like to add (since there doesn't seem to be an edit feature for a post you've recently made) I love the idea of either increasing the energy cap every level or every couple of levels or decreasing the the timer on energy, I've quickly reached the point of only being able to handle a fraction of the actions available to me at any given time. It would also be nice to build more workshops. I know your whole objective here is to make money however I'm not inclined to spend money when you're constantly taking away features or making quests unnecessarily hard to complete, for example I'm stuck on 'Rich Windbag Caravan' I'm having no luck with the gems, I set up the game on my boyfriend's iPad so I could gift myself 1 a day and its incredibly slow going. Another great suggestion I saw was giving us a quest to complete for the items that require gems to purchase, maybe not make them repeatable but give us a chance to get at least 1 as a quest reward. The usable market place was another good idea, being able to trade say 10 mushrooms for a glimmerdust would be awesome. Or make it a thing in the potion shop, grinding mushrooms to glimmerdust or chiseling stones into a gem with an hour or 2 cast time. Alot of the suggestions I've read here seem pretty good and really not that unreasonable.

AkumaNeko
11-30-12, 09:09 AM
I wished we can unload from market request when we know we can't make it. E.g. We gave 80% roast chicken and time is almost up. Instead of the item going to waste, we can unload it back to our inventory.

habanero89
11-30-12, 05:04 PM
Yes I agree with the post above also we should be able to own BOTH castles not just one! And more gem-only decorations!

kooky panda
11-30-12, 05:36 PM
Hey guys there is a new poll/suggestion thread. Come vote on the poll and add your new suggestions here.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40949-Castle-Story-Suggestion-Poll&p=469527&viewfull=1#post469527