PDA

View Full Version : new cash register issue

Unregistered
12-03-10, 10:08 PM
i bought a new cash register, but no cashier person shows up with it... how do i fix this?

Unregistered
12-03-10, 10:25 PM
i bought a new cash register, but no cashier person shows up with it... how do i fix this?

There is only one host because it represents you. The other one isn't for u to get another you, it's to change your decor. No need to have two of u unless u have a split personality 

Unregistered
12-08-10, 09:01 PM
well thats dumb because the once the restaurant gets busy the one cashier can't handle all it all and the customers leave angry.

Unregistered
12-08-10, 09:12 PM
well thats dumb because the once the restaurant gets busy the one cashier can't handle all it all and the customers leave angry.

That has nothing to do with your cashier. You need to make sure you have enough tables and chairs, make sure that they are all accessible and not blocked by anything, and make sure that you have enough food. The number of happy customers is not affected by the cashier, so it must be something else.

Unregistered
12-09-10, 08:16 PM
That has nothing to do with your cashier. You need to make sure you have enough tables and chairs, make sure that they are all accessible and not blocked by anything, and make sure that you have enough food. The number of happy customers is not affected by the cashier, so it must be something else.

trust me. i've checked to make sure it wasn't because i didn't have enough tables or chairs.
I had 5 clean empty seats and they were still leaving angry

Unregistered
12-09-10, 08:35 PM
trust me. i've checked to make sure it wasn't because i didn't have enough tables or chairs.
I had 5 clean empty seats and they were still leaving angry

Can you provide a screen shot of your bakery? I have 26 useable tables and chairs in my bakery, and I never have an unhappy customer. In my restaurant I have quite a few more, but many of them are blocked by plants and other decorations, so they cant be used, but I keep them there just to look good. It may also be that when your customer is at your cashier there may not be a clean table right at that moment, or it may be clean but have a customer already on their way there. Otherwise I am out of ideas.

Unregistered
12-31-10, 11:13 PM
I really wish it was more clear that the new cash register was for decoration only before I dropped 40k on it.

Unregistered
01-01-11, 08:43 AM
I really wish it was more clear that the new cash register was for decoration only before I dropped 40k on it.

I'm sorry :(
What's your Storm8 ID: I could try and help you out with the problem..
you probably do have some tables blocked with other tables or chairs or perhaps some decorations..

ebonweaver
01-01-11, 08:54 AM
I'm glad to see others having this complaint as I just came to file it. Plenty of open seats available, no blocked seats (they all do get used at some point, but not all at once). The customers are piled up at the register and leaving mad because they can't get rung in fast enough to use one of the available tables. There is obviously a max speed they get rung in at (you can see this never changes as you grow), but as you get more popular they come in far to fast to get checked in. Because of this I assumed I needed another register since there is one to buy. No position of the two relative to each other made them both get used. I spent 40k on this thing and then when it was clearly bugged I sold it, for 4k!!

1. The register bug needs to be fixed. Clearly you need another register at some point, but additional ones do not work. If this bug is not fixed the register needs to be removed so people don't spend money on a useless item.

2. Items can have a reduced sell back value, but not 1/10th the original price, that's insane.

3. I want my 36k back since this is clearly a bug. There would be no reason to have a register that you can buy if it wasn't supposed to be functional.

Unregistered
01-01-11, 02:15 PM
I'm glad to see others having this complaint as I just came to file it. Plenty of open seats available, no blocked seats (they all do get used at some point, but not all at once). The customers are piled up at the register and leaving mad because they can't get rung in fast enough to use one of the available tables. There is obviously a max speed they get rung in at (you can see this never changes as you grow), but as you get more popular they come in far to fast to get checked in. Because of this I assumed I needed another register since there is one to buy. No position of the two relative to each other made them both get used. I spent 40k on this thing and then when it was clearly bugged I sold it, for 4k!!

1. The register bug needs to be fixed. Clearly you need another register at some point, but additional ones do not work. If this bug is not fixed the register needs to be removed so people don't spend money on a useless item.

2. Items can have a reduced sell back value, but not 1/10th the original price, that's insane.

3. I want my 36k back since this is clearly a bug. There would be no reason to have a register that you can buy if it wasn't supposed to be functional.

There is no bug on this guys...
There must be something blocking your tables/chairs for customers to sit down
The other register is not to get another avatar, it's for decoration even though it's the same cashier I think..
Not a bug!

Unregistered
01-01-11, 10:18 PM
The reply is correct, not a bug. You must have 26 to 28 tables with chairs, nothing blocked and food served. If you have those things then no customers will leave unhappy.

Unregistered
01-02-11, 09:13 AM
Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one frustrated about the cash register issue. Looked everywhere trying to figure out why a person didn't come with it. Same problem as everyone else...had food, tables, etc. So thought I needed another register because customers were leaving. Agree...I want my $$$$ back!!!!!

ebonweaver
01-02-11, 10:10 AM
Where are you getting this magic number of 26 tables? Since the flow of customers is variable to the popularity/size/ whatever else controls this, and there is nothing in the help file with numbers, I'd like to know where that comes from. Are you trying to say there is also a maximum flow rate that this covers? The fact also remains that there are open tables when people leave unhappy. As much as some of you seem to want to tell me I have blocked tables, I'll keep saying you're dead wrong since as I already said the tables DO get used, and the open tables when people leave unhappy vary over time. Finally, having a decorative register would be like having a decorative stove. It's a production item so it makes no sense to deceive users into buying a dummy item. I call that a bug, you can call it what you like, but it's deceptive and needs to be fixed. As I said, remove the register or make it work, until then this is a flaw that causes people to loose money. If there was even mention of this in the help file you could claim we didn't read, but that's not the case.

I'll add to this the fact that happiness is only a function while you have the game open. However, you continue to serve food and make money while it's not open. This makes no sense and is yet another bug in the way the game works. It should operate offline the same way it does live, but as is you could lock in a happiness rating, close the game, and make profit offline without hurting your rating. If that's the case, this issue with people leaving unhappy due to register speed is even more frustrating.

So, this IS a bug, or at lease a serious set of design flaws, please fix, tyvm.

Unregistered
01-02-11, 10:20 AM
Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one frustrated about the cash register issue. Looked everywhere trying to figure out why a person didn't come with it. Same problem as everyone else...had food, tables, etc. So thought I needed another register because customers were leaving. Agree...I want my $$$$ back!!!!!

I'm not trying to be rude.. but if you would read and pay attention to the THREAD
you'd know that i posted this

There is no bug on this guys...
There must be something blocking your tables/chairs for customers to sit down
The other register is not to get another avatar, it's for decoration even though it's the same cashier I think..
Not a bug!"

The customers aren't leaving angry because there isn't another waiter.. they are leaving angry because there isn't enough seats or tables for them.
In REAL LIFE the customers go to the Podium/Cashier and ask for a seat... if there isn't a seat then they wait or leave.. but not because the person can't handle doing the job by itself, but because the restaurant is full.. so in Restaurant Story they just leave angry because there isn't any seats left.. it's unbelievable how stupid people can be when it comes to logic/simple things(it's true, so don't get mad at me, and I'm not trying to cause any arguments)

THERE IS NO BUG.. SOMETHING MUST BE BLOCKING YOUR TABLES/CHAIRS.

When you buy another register is because you want a different color register(even though it's the same color)

Now that explained... hmm how about some Cappuccino?

Unregistered
01-02-11, 10:28 AM
Where are you getting this magic number of 26 tables? Since the flow of customers is variable to the popularity/size/ whatever else controls this, and there is nothing in the help file with numbers, I'd like to know where that comes from. Are you trying to say there is also a maximum flow rate that this covers? The fact also remains that there are open tables when people leave unhappy. As much as some of you seem to want to tell me I have blocked tables, I'll keep saying you're dead wrong since as I already said the tables DO get used, and the open tables when people leave unhappy vary over time. Finally, having a decorative register would be like having a decorative stove. It's a production item so it makes no sense to deceive users into buying a dummy item. I call that a bug, you can call it what you like, but it's deceptive and needs to be fixed. As I said, remove the register or make it work, until then this is a flaw that causes people to loose money. If there was even mention of this in the help file you could claim we didn't read, but that's not the case.

I'll add to this the fact that happiness is only a function while you have the game open. However, you continue to serve food and make money while it's not open. This makes no sense and is yet another bug in the way the game works. It should operate offline the same way it does live, but as is you could lock in a happiness rating, close the game, and make profit offline without hurting your rating. If that's the case, this issue with people leaving unhappy due to register speed is even more frustrating.

So, this IS a bug, or at lease a serious set of design flaws, please fix, tyvm.

hmm.. you have to haver over 26 (NOT BLOCKED) for your customers to be happy.. but it's better if you just have 30 so they'll be EXTRA HAPPY! we know what we are talking about.. i've been playing this game forever, and read forums and etc. so just take the advice. okay?
okay..
yayy everything solved!

sd32
01-02-11, 11:32 AM
Not sure if this was clarified already, but thought to answer on the issue of the deco register.

If you want to use another register, you buy the new one and remove the old one in order to have the cashier person show up at the new register.

Unregistered
01-02-11, 12:06 PM
hmm.. you have to haver over 26 (NOT BLOCKED) for your customers to be happy.. but it's better if you just have 30 so they'll be EXTRA HAPPY! we know what we are talking about.. i've been playing this game forever, and read forums and etc. so just take the advice. okay?
okay..
yayy everything solved!

The cash register is located in the DECOR tab. It is DECOR. It is not a production item.
This is not a bug.
It takes time for your customers to go to each table, as they leave the register they have a table to go to, and start walking, IF another customer is already on its way to that table, it will go to the next available in queue. If you do not have at least 26-30 tables, it will leave angry. It has ZIPPO to do with the Register, the customers coming and going THROUGH the door is supposed to be at the same rate of speed, they will leave angry if there is not a table already spoken for available for them to walk to.

Unregistered
01-02-11, 12:43 PM
The cash register is located in the DECOR tab. It is DECOR. It is not a production item.
This is not a bug.
It takes time for your customers to go to each table, as they leave the register they have a table to go to, and start walking, IF another customer is already on its way to that table, it will go to the next available in queue. If you do not have at least 26-30 tables, it will leave angry. It has ZIPPO to do with the Register, the customers coming and going THROUGH the door is supposed to be at the same rate of speed, they will leave angry if there is not a table already spoken for available for them to walk to.

Exactly the point i've been trying to make..
but i tried a few times already trying to explain this situation.. NOT A BUG.
but since they don't want to listen they can just keep wasting their money.. but stop with the complaining when
the answer to their problem is ABOVE in several comments..

Good Day!

Unregistered
01-05-11, 05:33 AM
i have been to some bakeries, seen their cash registers at one corner, with no cashier in sight, yet the customers get served, as there is plenty of food on the serving counters. Very strange.

ikandy
01-05-11, 05:54 AM
I don't know how to change the wall or floor color. I have looked under design many many times and have not found it. Is it in the holiday box? And it's kinda weird that so many users have different wall and floor colors, I would think it would be a little more obvious. My user name is jokandy. And my restaurant is ikandy. Thank you so much.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 06:16 AM
wall and floor colors are changed in the design center. They're in the 3rd or 4th tab with rectangles at an angle

Unregistered
02-12-11, 05:52 PM
wow, thats pretty dumb. im glad i checked this out before i bought a register. i think the problem is tables and chairs.

Unregistered
03-07-11, 03:37 AM
I am of the same opinion about too busy at the door. I added the other register and actually have not seen any of the broken hearts I used to see with the customers jammed up at the door. But if you say it's decorative, I'll go with it. It should be made clear that it's decorative though. It actually looks horrible to have an empty cash register looming in there. And i don't know hoe to get it to move to face away from the rest of bakery like the first one does. I also have lots of seats and lots of tables, food drinks etc. But with many fewer with the apparently useless register.

sitiadilah
03-20-11, 03:21 AM
I'm sorry :(
What's your Storm8 ID: I could try and help you out with the problem..
you probably do have some tables blocked with other tables or chairs or perhaps some decorations..

Can i get back my money back ?

Unregistered
03-20-11, 06:34 AM
Let's just for arguments sake say you accidentally clicked sell while your cash register is highlighted. That is why there is a cash register for sale. It's just there to make sure if anyone does accidentally sell it you can replace it.

zoedecay
04-23-12, 08:49 AM
I agree with < ebonweaver >. In other Storm 8 games < ex. Fashion Story > when you buy a cash register it comes furnished with a cashier. So this would lead us towards the logical conclusion that < Bakery Story > would as well! Honestly, a cash register for decor?? I would have rather spent the 40 k on something that looks nice. This may not be a bug but it is a RIP OFF & MISREPRESENTATION! I too would like a full refund for the 40 k. Lame...

EricasYummys
04-23-12, 09:43 AM
If you separate your bakery or restaurant into 2 separate areas with 2 doors, both cash registers will work. You have to block the middle.

stefscoolaf00
05-17-12, 10:37 PM
For real! Ofcourse we want a second cashier to get the traffic moving faster..like on fashion story ...i too used 40k for nothing..i seen on other sites that u can buy the irish waitress but it ddnt seem to work nd sumthing about buying another door nd putting it close to it..which makes sense but that's 10 gems!

maz3girl
01-11-13, 11:06 AM
This sucks because I also bought a new register thinking it would speed things up a bit and didn't realize it was just a "decoration"... I sold it to get some of my money back but i'm still out the rest. :(

cf02748
01-14-13, 07:27 PM
This is not a reply but a question, my avatar is GONE---when the customers show up they leave, I sign in and have earned no money---the cashier is gone; I bought a new register but to no avail. PLEASE help me get the cashier back!!!! stormID cf02748

kooky panda
01-14-13, 07:34 PM
This is not a reply but a question, my avatar is GONE---when the customers show up they leave, I sign in and have earned no money---the cashier is gone; I bought a new register but to no avail. PLEASE help me get the cashier back!!!! stormID cf02748

Make sure your register is not up against the wall. Also make sure nothing is blocking your cash register and your customers have a clear path to it.

cf02748
01-14-13, 07:45 PM
this is the christmas edition on an Iphone

cf02748
01-14-13, 07:49 PM
Yea, so sorry, I bought a gumball machine and I guess it was in the way!!! Thanks, it took me reading this until now to get it!! THANKS again!!!

friscofarm
02-13-13, 06:15 PM
I too am irritated I spent 80k on a register that does not work. I don't have angry customers, just noticed the crowd slows down at register and I thought I could increase sales with another register. In fashion story, you can have multiple usable registers. It is the same type of register for sale that is already placed in store, so why would I have thought it was to replace that one and not be an additional one!?

kanel100
02-23-13, 10:18 AM
Not true it as to be a bug because in fashion story as well as in restaurant story if you adf a cash register you do get a nee cashier. There is no way that you can expect that a new cash register (80k for me) would only be a decoration. Plus it shouldn't be. Even if it's true that your customers don't leave because you have only one cashier, how dumb does a cash register without cashier look and why would you want to spend 80k on that kind of decoration? It eitger needs to be fixted or they should warn people that if they buy de cash register they will not get a nee cashier BEFORE they buy it.

s8Angel
03-04-13, 04:33 PM

Actually that isn't true! I've used two registers at once with no problems! there isn't another host with the 2nd register but it still works, if u want to make it look really cute put a big gummy bear behind it as the host or buy one of the decorative waiters to use!

zadinia
03-28-13, 05:49 AM
I also had enough food and empty seats and still angry customers ( nothing blocked) so I thought I buy extra register. Not knowing what I know now ( start looking at forum when something goes wrong, not before) it is only decoration...
Expensive (80k) lesson learned.... ;-)

josey12
04-03-13, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure if this is correct but I read in another thread that there is never anymore than 30 people in your bakery at a time so another register would never help get more people in. If you want a quick turn around with your customers put the register right by the door and 30 tables with chairs as close to the door as you can. If you do this customers don't wonder around looking for a seat, they come in order sit and then leave. New people also need to be aware that customers will not sit together, so 1 table with 1 chair for every customer.

LisaM1094
08-15-14, 11:05 AM
Exactly the point i've been trying to make..
but i tried a few times already trying to explain this situation.. NOT A BUG.
but since they don't want to listen they can just keep wasting their money.. but stop with the complaining when
the answer to their problem is ABOVE in several comments..

Good Day!

I'm sorry, I have to agree with the bug issue. I just recently started playing and one customer will walk in and sit down the next will walk up (register clear, seats available, plenty of food) and they will turn right around and walk out with a sad face. I don't have any decor any where near the door or register. The very next customer will walk up, sit and eat, then several customers later red sad face again.

nortonbrian
02-09-15, 01:40 PM
I all i bought a cash register and bought another door,and put te cash register near new door seems to work ok without avatar cheers all ........ad me for tips and gifts daily nortonbrian

Ama_X
07-26-15, 11:38 PM
Please tell me where I find Cash register

geordieprogman
07-27-15, 12:54 AM
It seems strange I know, but you'll find it in with the tables.

kooky panda
07-27-15, 10:36 AM
Closing thread since this is an older thread and recent question has been answered.