PDA

View Full Version : Update - Potentially this week

maguar
11-14-12, 12:29 AM
We've got a bit of info about the next update. It looks like it'll be great. Fingers crossed no bugs so we get it this week.

Well, there IS an update hopefully coming this week. It'll have:

- 30+ Additional Quests
- A New Character To Rescue (Thurston, the Knight!)
- Two New Unique Buildings Available
- New Market Items To Buy
- New Unique Quest Rewards

And more!

Our hope is to get it out very soon (within the next couple of days), but as always, last minute delays can happen as we make sure it's bug-free.

mymummy789
11-14-12, 02:16 AM
is it wrong that I am now really annoyed that my husband is off this week doing diy stuff so I won't be able to sit all day with my ipod and the new update!!!!!

maguar
11-14-12, 02:22 AM
Nope. Completely understandable :)

Rockinkitten
11-14-12, 02:35 AM
is it wrong that I am now really annoyed that my husband is off this week doing diy stuff so I won't be able to sit all day with my ipod and the new update!!!!!

Fake the flu!

aimeeq
11-14-12, 06:18 AM
Normally I would be happy but after having my energy lowered from 40 to 30 it takes too long to do anything

AkumaNeko
11-14-12, 07:54 AM
Normally I would be happy but after having my energy lowered from 40 to 30 it takes too long to do anything

I thought I was seeing things when I saw the new energy cap :/

dragonolic
11-14-12, 07:56 AM
I just got back into this, and am loving the last changes they made to the game. I wish Dragon Story and Monster Story had the same level of story and depth!

yupiyupigumgum
11-14-12, 08:34 AM

it's definitely symptom of castle story addiction. feel free to join the 'castle story anonymous' club :)

conniehsb
11-14-12, 08:52 AM
Are you going to do anything about glimmerdust. I've spent 3 or 4 days trying to get 5 glimmerdust, and spent at least 100 energies . Really takes the fun out of it.

AND

Today when I logged in I had 1 wisp and 1 lattern, while yesterday I had 5 wisps and 7 latterns. How do I get these back?

mymummy789
11-14-12, 09:02 AM
it's definitely symptom of castle story addiction. feel free to join the 'castle story anonymous' club :)

I already did !!!

kampuchea
11-14-12, 09:18 AM
what happened to the energy? Yesterday i was at 36 max and today i only get 30???

marrrina
11-14-12, 09:42 AM
what happened to the energy? Yesterday i was at 36 max and today i only get 30???

This seems to have happened to us all. There's a thread about it here:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39765-Why-is-my-Energy-Cap-reduced&p=454301#post454301

maguar
11-14-12, 01:58 PM
Pigs and sheep will have unique drops in our next update, which will have new recipes to go with them.

Bacon is part of a balanced breakfast.

Everything is better with bacon

randa320
11-14-12, 02:47 PM
I am not happy with energy going down. IT SUCKS. 40 wasn't great but 30 is UNACCEPTABLE RAISE IT BACK

totaltechno
11-14-12, 04:08 PM
Hopefully we get an energy cap increase and more animals

vicksplace
11-14-12, 05:11 PM
I have the same problem. It has happened a couple of days in a row.

vicksplace
11-14-12, 05:12 PM
Are you going to do anything about glimmerdust. I've spent 3 or 4 days trying to get 5 glimmerdust, and spent at least 100 energies . Really takes the fun out of it.

AND

Today when I logged in I had 1 wisp and 1 lattern, while yesterday I had 5 wisps and 7 latterns. How do I get these back?

I am having the same problem.

tankerslacers
11-14-12, 05:46 PM
Set the energy level back to where it was! PLEASE!!! I'm spending all my energy trying to get glimmerdust and now you're setting our energy back, too?

nickerrs
11-15-12, 11:19 AM
I'm confused about the energy cap. It seems as though many people were affected by this, but I wasn't. I still have 40. No complaints here!

sweetstuff525
11-15-12, 11:32 AM
I'm confused about the energy cap. It seems as though many people were affected by this, but I wasn't. I still have 40. No complaints here!

I think ther only changed it to those who downloaded after a certain time.... You was probably one of the first ones so they are probably compensating you for Being a beta tester

I can remember MHz saying something about this but can't find the post right now

sweetstuff525
11-15-12, 11:43 AM
I guess they made up there mind and new users going to stay at 30

Energy - All existing users will be able to reach an energy cap of 40 (Up from 30). This is being done as a thanks for all of our beta testers who have helped us get this game into the great state it is in. For new users, some may notice they can earn up to 40, others may only be able to reach 30. We'll make a decision on all new users at a later date.

mymummy789
11-15-12, 02:45 PM
I really hope they get the update through this week as I am feeling really let down and disappointed by my other TL game updates :( This is my last hope of some entertainment.

queentina3
11-15-12, 03:18 PM

Great. :rolleyes:

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 03:20 PM
I really hope they get the update through this week as I am feeling really let down and disappointed by my other TL game updates :( This is my last hope of some entertainment.

Awwwwww...... I am eagerly awaiting the update ( I need some goals). Which other TL games have disappointed you?

aimeeq
11-15-12, 03:25 PM

So if we were at 40 before we can "earn" it back again?

queentina3
11-15-12, 03:27 PM
So if we were at 40 before we can "earn" it back again?

Check your game and what your Max shows (2nd number). I was 40 but I'm maxxed at 30 now, so I guess I wasn't one of the lucky ones. Just because you were 40 doesn't mean you'll get 40 back.

Rockinkitten
11-15-12, 03:43 PM
I'm guessing just because some are at 40 now doesn't mean they'll stay at 40...

sweetstuff525
11-15-12, 03:49 PM
If you are at 40 now I think you'll stay at 40 since you were the ones who player when game was released..... Those now at 30 we are likely staying there since it looks like they already made up their mind of 30 being the max ... Since most of us downloaded game as part of goal in other games to get gems/gold

I think I can deal with the increase of energy since I did benefit from this game in other games ... Which those that downloaded when game was released probably didn't get the goal in other games so missed out on gems/gold

sweetstuff525
11-15-12, 03:50 PM
If you are at 40 now I think you'll stay at 40 since you were the ones who player when game was released..... Those now at 30 we are likely staying there since it looks like they already made up their mind of 30 being the max ... Since most of us downloaded game as part of goal in other games to get gems/gold

I think I can deal with the increase of energy since I did benefit from this game in other games ... Which those that downloaded when game was released probably didn't get the goal in other games so missed out on gems/gold

Meant decrease in energy

totaltechno
11-15-12, 04:53 PM
Old players will love this update
New players will hate it

yupiyupigumgum
11-15-12, 07:14 PM
So, back to this thread original topic, when can I receive those updates? It's Friday here in my kingdom, but nothing change.

Rockinkitten
11-15-12, 11:24 PM
Well, they said they might have an update this week, but made no promises. So it might be today, fingers crossed, but it could be at a later date. It's going to be hard not checking every 5 minutes!

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 11:26 PM
. It's going to be hard not checking every 5 minutes!

You and me both!!!!

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 12:03 AM
You and me both!!!!

Haha! Awful, isn't it!

AkumaNeko
11-16-12, 12:09 AM
Me three. Still checking lol

moda999
11-16-12, 12:41 AM
Glad I'm not the only one!

maguar
11-16-12, 12:58 AM
I got up early so I'd have time to update my guide before work if the update was out. I'm holding off on collecting from my adventure as I want to see the upgraded rewards as soon as possible.

Hopefully they'll give us an indication of whether we'll get it in the next couple of days or if it's been pushed to next week.

yupiyupigumgum
11-16-12, 12:58 AM
Me three. Still checking lol

7 minute from last check, still no update

AkumaNeko
11-16-12, 01:18 AM
7 minute from last check, still no update

Yeah :/ abt to sleep soon

mymummy789
11-16-12, 01:29 AM
Awwwwww...... I am eagerly awaiting the update ( I need some goals). Which other TL games have disappointed you?
bakery - can't afford to do the goals (at level 99 as well!!!) and really was hoping for a fall version of fashion for ios. Still playing the world games version which is the most current!!!

mymummy789
11-16-12, 01:31 AM
and it looks like I am going to be disappointed again coz I have no update for CS either :(
Might be forced to do some actual housework at this rate!!!!!

TheDragonAngel
11-16-12, 02:41 AM
I thought I was seeing things when I saw the new energy cap :/

Why has there been an energy cap please? I was really enjoying the fact that the energy increased in line with your level, as it meant you could get more done at each visit, capping at 30 just slows down progression. So why do it?

ktappe
11-16-12, 09:59 AM
capping at 30 just slows down progression. So why do it?

To slow down progression. TL says they think players have been advancing too fast. But I agree; more energy certainly would be nice. I'd like to play the game for a while and then be able to go away from it for a while. With the 30 limit, one needs to play at least every 90 minutes or you start losing. This is disruptive to real life. :-\ A higher energy cap, while allowing faster progression, would also allow us to set the silly thing down for a while.

greygull
11-16-12, 05:29 PM
More info about the update here - http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40027-Castle-Story-11-20-Update-Teaser-Images

Looks like we might have to wait until next week :(

yupiyupigumgum
11-16-12, 07:13 PM
Looks like we might have to wait until next week :(

It's okay. You see, one clear information about the late update and an apology make castle story lovers understand. Much better than leaving us clueless and disappoint. :)