PDA

View Full Version : Why is my Energy Cap reduced ?

isaacbcl
11-13-12, 04:15 PM
Hey TL, what are u guys doing? Why is it capped to 30? U guys r too greedy , Isn't it? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sweetstuff525
11-13-12, 04:19 PM
Oh wow mine is now cap at 30 too
I was at 38 before .... Not fair

mimisarah
11-13-12, 04:23 PM
I was 38 and now 30..... What's going on??

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
11-13-12, 04:50 PM
I have been noticing that anything bad or negative, like taking away the option to ask friends for glimmer dust when building Ivy's Hut, taking away the ability to store rocks (which I am sure was a glitch anyway), increasing the price of gems and energy or even expansions, and reducing the cap on energy happen fairly quickly, while on the other hand any positive updates or positive requests, etc. take forever. I am not meaning to sound greedy, but it's frustrating because this game has became way too slow and way too hard and it was hard in the first place. It's becoming not fun anymore.

patisu
11-13-12, 05:00 PM
I have to agree. Just when I thought I found a "fun" game again, TL goes and reduces the energy max that wasn't enough as it was. WHY????

patisu
11-13-12, 05:02 PM
Is it still 40??? Mine went from 39 to 30 right before my eyes... :(

kooky panda
11-13-12, 05:02 PM
I am checking on this.

Moving thread to bugs and feedback forum.

patisu
11-13-12, 05:03 PM
Thanks Kooky!

kooky panda
11-13-12, 05:10 PM
Sorry guys, looks like this is not a bug.

Hey everyone!

Everything appears to be working as intended.

Changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game as we continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for everyone. :)

As always, feedback is appreciated.

wis0409
11-13-12, 05:13 PM
Is it still 40??? Mine went from 39 to 30 right before my eyes... :(

I'm assuming you're talking about the maximum energy, as in I literally watched mine go from 3/39-> 2/30

mattyboo1
11-13-12, 05:19 PM
Why they raised it for everyone then lowered it ?

patisu
11-13-12, 05:40 PM
CuddlyDragon, I am sorry but I, for one, think the decrease stinks. The goals are hard enough once you get to around level 15 (aka GLIMMERDUST rarity) without losing energy too. Between making the game harder here and the near impossibility of getting diamond dragons/monsters, I think I need to go back to word games where the rules don't keep changing :( :( :(

megaloos
11-13-12, 05:59 PM
Mine, too, just within the last hour. I'm done with cs. Too bad,really, as it was one of the more interesting story games.

bravewarrior
11-13-12, 06:24 PM
I am old school, and old, and I want my money's worth.

For example: if one energy cost one gem, I would buy it in a heartbeat. If one glimmer dust was one for one, I would buy it. In fact, I would purchase gems for it. This was a fun game. I thought I was accomplishing something as I got bigger. I leveled up and I would get an extra energy, just like the inventory boxes in fashion. The fact is, energy is expensive: ten gems for only five energy points. I have credit sitting in the iTunes store that I need to spend. I was thinking about cashing it in on Castle when some cute decoration (that was worth it) came along. Now I am considering quitting all the Teamlava games.

I really, really thought teamlava figured out what makes users happy with Castle Story:
Building Stuff! Extremely frustrating because it's in stages, but I love it!
Being dependent on myself for expansions build lamps. Yes, I was sneaking a work and doing it! (It takes me over a week to get enough maps on Monster and Dragon).
Earning energy as you level up. Great, makes me want to play more! (I would have stayed with Metro if it did that).
Refilling energy when you do level up. That really rocks!
Crops not expiring. Yes, but I still get up in the middle night and clear a crop! (This is one of the reasons I quit the first Zoo).
Energy from visiting NBs. I burned dinner doing that last night! (But it's not as giving as it used to be? I'm mostly getting coins now.)

Taking away my energy was just, well, wrong.

mimisarah
11-13-12, 06:27 PM
So it will stay like this??? There is only 30 actions I can play every 90min??? LOL......I liked this game, I download the game as a goal and did not delete it because my energy was going up and I thoght that was not so bad. Now with 30 things to do (if a Skunk does not come in lol) and some more energy I get from visiting nbr once a day....???? well there is NOT much I can play.

queentina3
11-13-12, 06:29 PM
What a ridiculous move. Oh well, I kind of expected TL to move it back to 30, as they never GIVE anything, they only TAKE away from the games at this point.

aimeeq
11-13-12, 06:55 PM
I just noticed mine dropped from 40 to 30. I was already focusing on water, crops and trying to get glimmer dust and only collecting from buildings when I was full. I am about through with Team Lava games. At the least let us gift more

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
11-13-12, 07:13 PM
I forgot about the fact we can only gift and recieve three gifts a day along with TL taking away the option to ask friends for glimmer dust when building Ivy's Hut, taking away the ability to store rocks (which I am sure was a glitch anyway), increasing the price of gems and energy or even expansions, and reducing the cap on energy. Does TL just ignore the numerous threads of players saying they are quitting Castle Story? I know everytime I say something negative about how hard the game is I am ignored. The game is too hard and it is not any fun anymore.

angiesplace99
11-13-12, 07:15 PM
Mine dropped too. I agree that it takes entirely too long to accumulate energy. It's ridiculous that this was taken away from us after we've spent so much time leveling up. For pete's sake, it's only 1 extra energy per level. Please bring this back and give credit where credit is due. Or, at least let us collect more than 10/day from our neighbors. I really love this game, but there are so many things I find frustrating.

farmerted7
11-13-12, 07:39 PM
If you are going to lower cap, at least shorten the length of energy recharge.

I agree the game was more fun with 40. I guess fun is not TL's goal.

yunchbox
11-13-12, 08:31 PM
My energy max was 38 earlier today and now I see it's only 30. This is very disappointing, as it means I can only play about ten minutes before its all gone. This is why I lost interest in City Story Metro. There doesn't seem to be much point in building more business and residences, if I can never get enough energy to clear them. So frustrating!

boomskib
11-13-12, 09:21 PM
I just leveled up to 13 and my max energy dropped back down to 30. I thought that the cap was 40. Grrr...did they change this?

ccc5469
11-13-12, 09:34 PM
My energy went from 39 to 30 too...so this is just a glitch or are they gonna make the max energy lower now? So annoying!

sangvann
11-13-12, 09:50 PM
I'm level 12 on my castle and I had an energy limit of 36. I just got on the game and it's 30. What's going on?

jackie2006
11-13-12, 09:56 PM
you're still lucky than me. I am at level 14 but the energy cap at 30.

midnightmeerkat
11-13-12, 10:20 PM
Mine is still at 40

evee418
11-13-12, 11:33 PM
Just saw this and I'm so mad. I was up to 36 in energy. I always felt like there wasn't enough energy and now there is even less!!! I'm gonna stop playing if it gets too annoying. Just feels like I can't get anything done. I don't get how they would change the energy and make it less when people were complaining that it wasn't enough before.

jrwheoki
11-13-12, 11:34 PM
Haha.. Not only lowered the cap for energy to 30 ,.... They increased the amount of GEMS needed to buy energy from 50 for 60 energy..... To 100 gems for 30 energy...... A 400% increase.

Obviously you don't want my money anymore, and you wish me to play at a slooooow pace on a level playing field... Happy to oblige. I will NEVER buy another Item on any of your games ever again (check my account..I am over $3000 spent on Castle and Dragon)

jaycherry
11-13-12, 11:37 PM
According to the subject above,my castle story ID:jaycherry.
Castle story name is Jckingdom.
Level 16 are running out of settings at this morning,my energy from 39 decrease to 30 energy only.I hope castle story can help my fix the bug as soon as possible.
Thanks you.

TutJeHola
11-14-12, 12:22 AM
Hallo my energy level went down, i was at 39 and now it's 30.
What's the problem?
Please help!!

flowless
11-14-12, 12:55 AM
Me too
Dropped to 30

Well good thanx I guess
I was actually considering buying gems
I stopped very long time ago
When I lost gems in restaurant story

Thanx for saving my money

bw8722
11-14-12, 01:12 AM
My energy had reset from 37 to 30 this morning too

leCherisey
11-14-12, 01:34 AM
Me too, and I'm annoyed

estelle_desir
11-14-12, 01:38 AM
The max energy level increased of 1 point at each level.
I had 36 as max when I was level 12
Now that I'm level 13 it went down to 30 (max energy level)
It should be 37

When will you solve this bug ????*
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE A BIGGER REALM WITH LOWER ENERGY?.
It' a non sense
Please correct it. Because it is fair that you raise your energy together with your realm dimension, 1 by 1

marrrina
11-14-12, 02:12 AM
My max energy was 37 or 38. I checked my game about an hour after the daily reset and its now 30. Very disappointing ;(

marrrina
11-14-12, 02:16 AM
My energy went from high 30s to just 30 over night. Should have known this "economy/balance" line TL has been saying since Bakery price increase was the reason. It's already hard enough accomplishing goals quickly, now I'm being set back even further.

1frappenation
11-14-12, 02:40 AM
At level 14, just about to get to the next level. My energy was at 38 and in the last hour it has gone down to 30. I would be very annoyed if energy is now capped. Finally found a game that I enjoy but if energy is capped, I will give it up like other games I have had to give up like City Story Metro. Too hard to complete tasks and goals as well as level up. Can the team lava administrators please explain??????

tonycafe
11-14-12, 03:22 AM
From the very beginning I played this game, I thought the energy level is different from other teamlava game. This one will increase the energy along with the increase of game level. Now I am wrong. Today my energy level drop from 38 to 30 which is now cap.
This is really no good. Lost interest in playing now. :(

Rockinkitten
11-14-12, 05:06 AM
I've played every single TL game and have deleted them all except for castle story now. I don't mind because it takes up enough of my time anyway. I don't mind games changing and I understand people work hard on them and have to make money. But please TL, keep it fair! It would be a shame if everyone gave up, wouldn't it...

ninjaAhug
11-14-12, 05:19 AM
Yeah I just logged on and I noticed that my energy has been dropped by like 6 points? I'd assume that it be common knowledge that as you level you'd have more things to use energy with so you'd get more each time you level? But your giving less if ur going to change the game make them good changes >.>

Miquilis
11-14-12, 06:53 AM
This is the worst decision and I hope Team Lava will undo it. The level cap is awful and limiting to game play, I was disappointed to see that Castle Story had the same level cap as City Story Metro - especially considering Castle Story has crops to collect making it even harder to deal with - but at least it rose as you levelled up.

I'm unfortunately going to use caps lock now in the hopes of getting my point across.

THE ENERGY LEVEL DOES NOT MAKE USERS WANT TO BUY GEMS TO BUY ENERGY IF THAT WAS THE INTENT IT MAKES USERS WANT TO NOT PLAY.

I have stopped playing both City Story Metro and Bubble Mania because of the energy level and will most likely quit Castle Story too. The energy level limits the game and discourages players from expansing since you can't collect from all your buildings and crops even when you wait for full energy once you reach a certain size.

Team Lava look at the success of games like Farm/Bakery/Fashion/Restaurant story and look at the failure of games like Treasure Story. Please rethink why you decided the energy level is a good feature.

kirahazen
11-14-12, 07:42 AM
Like many of the other commenters, I had gladly spent money on this game. As soon as the amount of gems needed to complete an action went up I decided it was no longer worth spending my money. Now with the energy capped at a ridiculous thirty I am pretty close to deleting the game all together and probably will later today. Any time a decision like this angers so many *paying* customers, the company has to decide whether they wish to take the gamble of alienating all of their current customers in favor of new customers who don't know what they are missing. Doesn't sound like a good bet to me.

kirahazen
11-14-12, 08:04 AM
I know I just posted, but decided to encapsulate how I felt. Quote this if you agree:

If I am having fun, I will spend money. I will NOT spend money to make something tedious fun!

Personally, I tend to avoid tedious things.

rengirl1978
11-14-12, 08:37 AM
I wish they would make the time that the energy builds up faster! Like 30 seconds instead of 3 mins. I really like and want to play this game, but you can only play it for about 2 minutes at a time because that is how long it takes to go through all the energy!

Dalielah
11-14-12, 08:53 AM
It really sucks. I wake up in the morning to play for only 5 minutes before I'm out of energy. And that includes the few I get from visiting nbr's. it's way too slow of a game. You already wait around forever for the building materials, at least give me enough energy to play with!

greatday2bealive
11-14-12, 10:15 AM
Highly disappointed in TL. First to make 1 bag of flour it takes 5 wheat crops when it used to only be 2. Now your DECREASING our energy too? Are you trying to make this game impossible to play? I didn't plan on quitting before but I will be now. If you are going to make changes at least make them good hangs, not bad. I t already takes a very long time to do anything we the energy we had, now you go and decrease it. Why? Bad business decision. If you want to make money, this isn't going to get you any.

freshpickins
11-14-12, 11:23 AM
Mine went from 40 to 30 :(. I guess ts time to pick up a book and read instead and come back every few hours or so.

FlyingMonkee
11-14-12, 12:04 PM
We're still testing the energy features of the game, and we thank you for your feedback as it is taken into account.Please note that the current energy levels may continue to change as we keep testing out this feature, so thank you for your patience and your comments as it is greatly appreciated.

jrwheoki
11-14-12, 12:42 PM
We're still testing the energy features of the game, and we thank you for your feedback as it is taken into account.Please note that the current energy levels may continue to change as we keep testing out this feature, so thank you for your patience and your comments as it is greatly appreciated.

Still testing? Took me 5 minutes to realise the game is now relegated to the " play for 2 minutes and come back later " category. Where as yesterday I was spending hours at a time, harvesting resources (and refuelling energy with GEMS) .. Now it's too expensive to recharge there is no incentive to spend the time..or money...

PartyScout
11-14-12, 01:20 PM
Not enough energy. Makes the game very boring....

randa320
11-14-12, 02:51 PM
I so agree with you. If they think I am spending more money to buy energy they are wrong. I will stop playing is What I am going to do. The minimum energy should be 40 and that's not enough with all the quests to do.

tankerslacers
11-14-12, 05:53 PM
I haven't been playing this game for very long. The reduced energy really irks me and is making the game quite boring. With 15 buildings to tend to and mushrooms to pick (trying to get glimmerdust) it leaves no energy to harvest my crops. If it doesn't change, I'm done - just like Restaurant Story, Home Design and Bakery Story - too boring. I'll give Team Lava a few days and then I'm deleting.

isaacbcl
11-14-12, 06:19 PM
Wow....6 pages since I started it.....so much of infuriating gaming peeps...TL . Dun let the greediness and deceit get the best of u....reinstate the energy cap posthaste.....

farmerted7
11-14-12, 08:35 PM
"... I will NOT spend money to make something tedious fun!" Seconded.

Lots of good points here. Where's the success story with energy limits? Zoo story? Not.

Yawn.

ccc5469
11-14-12, 10:30 PM
This game sucks after the energy has gone down to the point that its impossible to get anything done. Plus it now costs more gems to get an energy boost?? Really??? You guys just testing this out for a few days to try to see if people are willing to pay money for it? Guess what..boring game now. DELETE

Rockinkitten
11-15-12, 12:41 AM
Highly disappointed in TL. First to make 1 bag of flour it takes 5 wheat crops when it used to only be 2.

Good grief, I hadn't noticed! I did think my wheat was going down a bit fast.

:::sigh:::

It seems that the last few weeks all the changes that have been made have been negative for us. This game could have been one of the best out there, but now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

My young daughter is autistic and she has stopped playing this game already because it was confusing her too much, every time she logged on there was some other disappointment. I'll be quitting soon too if they don't stop this nonsense now.

benbever
11-15-12, 01:07 AM
I'm used to city story metro, that game always has 100+ buildings to click, but only 30 energy.
I was hoping it would get some upgrades, from the example of castle story. But I guess it's the other way around.

marrrina
11-15-12, 06:32 AM
I don't think energy should be implemented into a game like this period. There's already so much work to be done to even advance, what with all the building and ordering, etc. I'd rather those things take up more time than have my play limited by an insignificant amount of energy. I only downloaded this game to get gems in other TL games and when I saw that this was energy-based I told myself there's no way I'd keep playing this after the gem-goals were completed, but I ended up really enjoying it. However the main thing holding this game back is energy. It was at least better when our points increased as we leveled.

patisu
11-15-12, 06:51 AM
I deleted City Story because of energy limits and lack of things to do with only 30 energy besides expand, clear, and buy more bldgs. I really liked Castle Story because there's so much more going on... But like others have said, now you blow through 30 in a few minutes and then stare at your screen wondering, "Now what?!" So, like I posted earlier, I have deleted some TL games yesterday and will continue to do so. I agree with those that said that TL puts out a decent game, then takes away the fun by lowering limits, raising/changing gems values (never to our benefit), etc. In Dragon Story, they drastically reduced expansion prices, but raised the prices of clearing debris...at least that was a give and take. What did we get for losing energy here?

lolottelatur
11-15-12, 07:06 AM
ridiculous!!! it's a game but we can't play it !!! max energy is now too low, energy are too expensive , it takes hours to get glimmer dust from mushrooms as it is now impossible to ask them to neighbours , so castle is now a game witch is impossible to play more than a few minutes per day !!! For me it was the best TL game but now it's like the other ones, boring and no interest ! I'm not a " vache ? lait " in French I don't know how to translate it in English but it means something like: you TL won't see my money any longer bye bye

the_cleaner_1
11-15-12, 07:23 AM
Am I imagining things, or has the maximum energy dropped to just 30. I am level 15, I am sure my energy level was over 35, and I also have a level 5, now with 30 energy maximum. There isn't enough energy as it is, so what is the idea behind reducing it? The (lack of) energy is the one thing that lets this game down.....well, that and the daft creatures that appear when you are trying to harvest goods...using up even more energy! :mad:

lkingi
11-15-12, 07:31 AM
Same as me TT. I was level 16 yesterday, and max energy was 40, but it was dropped to 30... Today I leveled up, but still 30 max energy. I don't know too what it is this;;;;

the_cleaner_1
11-15-12, 07:44 AM
Looking at other threads, it looks like it is a cheap attempt to make users spend more money to get extra energy. If this doesn't change back, and very soon, it is time to delete the game, methinks.

Thanks, TL, for more wasted time and effort!

lkingi
11-15-12, 08:20 AM
what the... it is so hard to level up without more energy capacity... TT It means level up is just meaning of getting more contents. ... higher construction and mission needs more material..

kirahazen
11-15-12, 09:35 AM
Vache lait in English is a milk cow. I agree, players are not cows to be milked for money.

keviPad
11-15-12, 01:42 PM
I dont care so much about the speed at which i level up or the time it takes to progress. They did a great job with balancing many things in this game and make concepts like resources/materials fun.

This energy cap makes the game impossible to even play. A great game we cant even play. It was hard enough before when the cap was above 30. Too bad they dont/wont throw this energy stuff out the window. Games like Restaurant and Bakery Story are huge successes. Ive been playing RS for 2 years now.

Im here on the forums because i just played for 3 minutes and am basically done. Didnt do much. Collected some resources (not even all), crafted some blocks, milked a cow, done.

Please do something about this quick. I never complain about problems in other games (RS, FS, BS, DS, MS, etc). I just swallow it all. But this time I may lose patience and quit.

Tassle23
11-15-12, 03:04 PM
Agree completely with @keviPad. There is no need for energy restrictions when so many time delays are already built in. It makes no sense. One or the other but not both.

kjjbs
11-15-12, 06:01 PM
Add me to the list of energy drop, was really enjoying the game, but makes it impossible to complete stuff... Have been busting my gut to get to Ivy's house so I can ask for glimmer dust cause seems to be something we need for everything and yep that option taken away never gonna collect enough from mushrooms, sick of seeing little arrows pointing to stuff that needs doing but I do not have energy.. And prices of energy is insane does not make me want to spend a cent...

keviPad
11-15-12, 09:05 PM
Just a follow up.

Back from dinner. Had another session of play. During this time i leveled up and gained the temporary energy bonus. The game was actually a bit more playable. While i still chose my actions carefully (including battling 2 fang beasts) I got everything i wanted done.

So while i dont want to admit it, I think there is happy medium. Maybe its around 40-45 ish.

I really dont know. Maybe ill me cursing in 15-30 minutes when its time to collect again. Or ill really go mad in 4 hours when its time for the big collection.

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 12:08 AM
I wish they gave us warning before making such a change which works out negative for us, Like when they made the expansions waaaaaaaay more expensive. Please don't keep us in the dark, TL!

jrwheoki
11-16-12, 12:50 AM
I'm back again to complain.... Would rather be playing the game..but seeing as I refuse to use my stockpile of gems to buy energy now... May as well be here because there is nothing else to do for the next 90 minutes

My complaint is this... Those who bought GEMS before the drop in energy cap and increase in cost to recharge... Did so on good faith. TL has taken your money..THEN changed the conditions of sale afterwards (imagine buying a $100 gift voucher from a store...then returning the next day to find that voucher is now only worth $20...) The 400%* decrease in the value of Gems is not only frustrating and ill-advised..... It is also immoral and unethical.....

*(50 gems = 60 energy decreased to 100 gems = 30 energy..... Is a 400% change... In case any one wondered where I to that number from)

kirahazen
11-16-12, 08:34 AM
In response to jrwheoki, I just checked my game and 30 energy is 25 gems. Sounds reasonable to me.

jrwheoki
11-16-12, 11:06 AM
In response to jrwheoki, I just checked my game and 30 energy is 25 gems. Sounds reasonable to me.

Wow...that is VERY reasonable... Unfortunately for me.. My rate increased to 100 gems for 30 energy...and still is. What level are you kirahazen? I am level 18... So maybe it's a rate for high level players only.

kirahazen
11-16-12, 11:12 AM
I am level 15

krpotter1
11-16-12, 11:57 AM
Just a little something to make you more angry! My friend and I both started this game on the same day. I got the drop in energy the same day all of you did. My friend however did not and his continues to increase. That is really unfair!!! And I LIKED this game. Now I have to find yet another new one!

nto705
11-16-12, 12:05 PM
i am the kind of people who pay for free game. but it's tooooooo expensive here.
1 energe almost cost me NTD$ 3. I taped mushroom 24 times and i get 1 glimmer once. that means NTD$72. and Big Mac is NTD$75 here. 1 glimmer 1 hamberger? ridiculous!!!!!!!
Ivy's hut 80 glimmer, magic ink 100, tavern 25, windmill 45 , observatory 40..........
Those TL done these days makes me very mad, angry and depressed.
Castle story is a very very good game. TL please let it be still good. Don't make it ridiculous.

jrwheoki
11-16-12, 12:56 PM
Just a little something to make you more angry! My friend and I both started this game on the same day. I got the drop in energy the same day all of you did. My friend however did not and his continues to increase. That is really unfair!!! And I LIKED this game. Now I have to find yet another new one!

Sounds like they have two groups being tested...those playing unchanged (no cap on energy/50 Gems = 60Energy) and those landed with increases (energy capped at 30/100gems = 30 Energy).. Hopefully no one in the second group buys GEMS (I know I am not) and TL change back before we get bored and leave!

Zulac99
11-16-12, 05:56 PM
Well I'm sending my message. I just deleted the game.

It's just not any fun if you can't do anything.

Rockinkitten
11-17-12, 12:34 AM
My energy is 40, and I would have to pay 100 gems for 30 energy. I'm level 25.

kokgenralos
11-17-12, 07:33 AM
dear team lava,

i want you to know that i like spending money on smart phone apps and that you are missing me as a client. your energy / progress system is just super annoying. i've played bakery story, restaurant story, dragon story and castle story for many, *many* hours and spent ZERO dollars on any of these games.

why you may want to ask, wouldn't you?

well, it's simple. don't be mean - that's all.
it feels like you're super greedy and doing everything possible to squeeze money out of your clients... it is such a poor tactic. you should be giving and kind with your clients. in castle story - which is an amazing game on its own - your energy system is driving me up the wall. you can't play - you only get a tease and then you need to wait for an hour and a half before you can get another tease. so, so lame. honestly, i've spent more the 100$ on smart phone games and none, NONE went into your pocket because of this. and let me tell you, i've played your games the most.

you should really rethink your strategy.

be nice - that's all. people like to give if they feel like they got something in return with a real honest intention. make it feel like your making these games to produce pleasure rather than gold-digging.

my two cents for you.

charmmyvee
11-17-12, 03:01 PM
*Sigh!*

Okay, I love TL games, but for the most part, I've stayed away from the ones that involve using energy because it's just too annoying to wait for more and just doesn't ever seem to be worth it. I downloaded Castle Story as a goal for Farm Story, and I really loved it at first because it's different and fun, and seems to keep you guessing. At first I was okay with the energy thing though, because you earned more as you leveled up. But now, with this decrease down to 30, just UGH! It takes forever to do anything. :( Makes me sad because I really loved this game at first and I would have spent gems on it like I do on FS. But now it's not worth it and I'll probably just stop playing because it's becoming annoying and boring. :(

Oh, and the three gifts a day thing sucks. :(

jrwheoki
11-17-12, 03:17 PM
Wow... 9 pages of feedback so far... And none of it in favour of the recent changes! Wonder how far the TL Testing team is on seeing how mutually beneficial these changes have been?

mattyboo1
11-17-12, 03:31 PM
I still have 40 cap

kaejer
11-17-12, 09:31 PM
This update has ruined the gameplay quite significantly. I used to play it frequently throughout the day and occasionally considered buying gems. As of the 30 energy cap update and a few other request changes I probably will not buy any gems. The reason for this is because if my gameplay becomes slowly worse over time, what's from stopping the game from becoming unplayable and boring after I spend money? I'd like to know that a game will continue being as is with new content introduced sometimes before I even consider buying money.

I would definitely spend money on this game if I wasn't so scared of the gameplay constantly getting more difficult for no reason.

tibes77
11-18-12, 05:51 AM
I am new to the game and have advanced to level 13 fast but now there are to many things and not nearly enough energy to do them. i have used money to advance but if TL dont remove the energy thing so we can actually play the game then i will not use any money and will delete it.
Since this has become a game i can hardly playhaving to wait so long to make one move.

It would be a great game i would spend money on if you remove the energy cap.....
So when are TL going to listen and do something about it ??

I can see so many have complained and nothing has happened ??

kirahazen
11-18-12, 08:44 AM
Sounds like they have two groups being tested...those playing unchanged (no cap on energy/50 Gems = 60Energy) and those landed with increases (energy capped at 30/100gems = 30 Energy).. Hopefully no one in the second group buys GEMS (I know I am not) and TL change back before we get bored and leave

If this is true, it would seem that TL is testing a several aspects of the economy. I suppose whether or not you are happy with the changes depends on how you prefer to spend gems. Myself I will only spend gems to speed up an action, and never to refill my energy. Had the price to speed up an action not gone up for me I would happily be purchasing and spending gems. I think that since so many people have different spending habits, it would be wise to try to cater to as many people as possible.

kirahazen
11-18-12, 08:53 AM
And another thing: Does anyone remember seeing anywhere that this game is a beta version? Had I known I might not have been so ?ber cranky about the changes. I don't think it's right to just randomly subject paying customers to a beta test without some type of notice. Anyone else feel a little like a lab rat?

sweetstuff525
11-18-12, 08:55 AM
I still have 40 cap

because you started to play the game when it got released... so your will always stay at 40

those that started the game because we received a goal to download in other games got it reduced to 30

which i think its fair since those that downloaded when released didnt get gold /gems in other games.... like us who started after received ( i received it mostly in all my games so im good)

sweetstuff525
11-18-12, 08:57 AM
And another thing: Does anyone remember seeing anywhere that this game is a beta version? Had I known I might not have been so ?ber cranky about the changes. I don't think it's right to just randomly subject paying customers to a beta test without some type of notice. Anyone else feel a little like a lab rat?

i dont know alll i read was that all those who started the game when released first will stay at 40 energy (as a thanks for being beta testers and with their feedback bettering the game)

so if your energy is still 40 you were a beta tester.... if yours is 30 you were not

kirahazen
11-18-12, 09:28 AM

Still testing, hence we are all testers.

charmmyvee
11-18-12, 12:41 PM
It would be nice if TL would let us increase our energy cap by way of gems/money. I don't know about y'all, but that's something I'd be willing to pay for. But then I guess their marketing technique is working... Making me so desperate for energy I'm willing to pay for it! Ugh.

TL PLEASE increase the energy cap, pretty pretty please! It's very apparent it's what all your customers want. Please, do it so that me and so many others will keep playing the game, rather than continue to get frustrated, leveling up more and expanding more, only to have to wait 90 minutes to play another small section of the game. I don't want to quit playing. :(

specilfood
11-18-12, 09:33 PM
So what is it mean? We only can get 30 for maxed energy? Y not 40? I read strategy thread, it's should be max at 40

cast1532
11-19-12, 12:47 AM
Well, I got the game when it was release in Australia. My energy cap is still at 40. I'm on level 18 almost 19 and if I want to spend gems on energy this is how much I have to pay.:

05 Energies for 05 Gems
12 Energies for 10 Gems
30 Energies for 25 Gems.

Who has this combination of trading?

dolly8855
11-19-12, 02:19 AM
5 energy for 20 gems
12 energy for 40 gems
30 energy for 100 gems
seriously?
in aussie dollar
120 gems 5.49
250 gems 10.49
530 gems 20.99
1400 gems 51.99
2900 gems 109.99

nto705
11-19-12, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry to say I've quit. I just received a goal-- 60 jewels, 75 silver, 150 carrots, and ..... It's really hard to reach.
jewels seldom appear than glimmerdust. If I want to collect 60 jewels, I may take at least 30-40 days. It takes too long.
And I don't know if the next goal is much tough!!!!!! So I QUIT. BYE and Good luck.

imagine449
11-19-12, 12:06 PM
Mine went from 38 to 30 -- also WHY was ability to request glimmer dust removed? So annoying ...

charmmyvee
11-19-12, 12:34 PM
Still no response from TL about this? :/

PikaSquirrel
11-19-12, 03:50 PM
Thank you so much for all of your feedback, they are not going unheard. We are still testing the energy features of the game and cannot revert the changes at the moment. Please keep in mind that the current changes are not permanent and may change as we continue to test this feature. Thank you very much for your patience, we greatly appreciate it!

ch0ppy
11-19-12, 09:09 PM
I'm a very patient person, but patience!???

I bought gems to refill my energy, then I go and see that the prices had skyrocketed and 30 energy was now 100 gems... THAT'S ALMOST $5 FOR ONE ENERGY REFILL. Are you kidding me? Who can afford THAT!?

Oh, and meanwhile, while I wait, I constantly misclick gems away. Today I sped up a carrot for 26 Gems!

I feel robbed. I'm not spending anymore on this. It's ridiculous.

charmmyvee
11-20-12, 02:52 AM
I'm a very patient person, but patience!???

I bought gems to refill my energy, then I go and see that the prices had skyrocketed and 30 energy was now 100 gems... THAT'S ALMOST $5 FOR ONE ENERGY REFILL. Are you kidding me? Who can afford THAT!?

Oh, and meanwhile, while I wait, I constantly misclick gems away. Today I sped up a carrot for 26 Gems!

I feel robbed. I'm not spending anymore on this. It's ridiculous.

Ugh, I feel your pain. I've lost gems the same way! Waiting for energy!

But despite 10 pages of complaints, they aren't done testing and "cannot" revert the changes! Lovely, apparently it's rocket science to figure this one out. :/

Rockinkitten
11-20-12, 05:13 AM
The energy cap is annoying but the change in gems vs energy is outrageous. You buy your gems in good faith only to find out your money isn't worth as much as it was the day before? I'm sure there are universal rules about that somewhere...

tibes77
11-21-12, 03:21 AM
I have just updated to version 1.1.2

I must admit that seeing there was an update i thought yes the have listened to us and removed or improved ( a lot ) the energy cap. Finally i can actually enjoy playing with out having to wait to make a move but NO!
Energy cap is still there with no changes and to buy 30 energy is 50 gems still ???
If the energycap was not there ( or at least reasonable compared to your level ) i would have loved to pay to speed up on production and finish things, but i will not pay to move in a game.
the game as it is now is so slow, espiesialy if you have to keep a production of things going and at the same time wait for things to finish and collect so many different items at one time that does not everytime you finaly can collect.

I am very disapointed that team lava did not listen to us complain !!
I will not buy a single thing from team lava until we are listened too.

marrrina
11-21-12, 09:52 AM
I think we're going to have to (albeit begrudgingly) come to terms with the changes made to the energy cap. But TL should compromise with us. I'm fairly new to the game but I find things take a very good amount of time to complete, especially the buildings you unlock as you level that require complex parts (like royal beams/blocks, builder's paste, etc.). With such limited play for the game due to the energy cap it takes even longer to make these parts. TL should at least allow us to request these things from neighbors. Maybe not the complex parts, but the items that go into them (stone blocks, wooden beams, glue) to make life just a tad bit easier on us.

mimisarah
11-21-12, 11:22 AM
Thank you so much for all of your feedback, they are not going unheard. We are still testing the energy features of the game and cannot revert the changes at the moment. Please keep in mind that the current changes are not permanent and may change as we continue to test this feature. Thank you very much for your patience, we greatly appreciate it!

This is something we call "Rollover energy", which we put into the game pretty early on.

I have been trying to ask and not be rude and it will be hard, I had 38 energy and got lowered to 30. Have a friend (I invited her to play this game) and she has 39 and started to play after me (lower level too btw) So my question is: do you have a list of player you wish them to stop playing?? Because this energy preference is not friendly, very insulting and discriminatory as well.

It is a great game for those the company gives them the benefit of energy to play, obviously I am not anymore on that group. I remember I had very possitive feedback on this game, however at this point I do not have the privilege of enjoying the VIP group with enogh energy therefore sadly I can't play very much. I was still a very nice way of giving gems to other games, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

rizzola
11-21-12, 05:32 PM
This is so frustrating. I am on level 14 and have an energy cap of 30. For me 25 energy =30 gems and I can't play the game properly because I don't have enough energy to do everything!! I really liked this game at first but I'm disappointed now. Every task takes so long. Do TL think about how long each goal will take to complete? I've been trying to complete Ivy's house for a week due to lack of glimmer dust and I'm still 15 short! It's too much effort and the rewards after completing each goal aren't even that good! Please TL listen to us and increase the energy cap!

charmmyvee
11-21-12, 10:31 PM
Now with this wheat contest I'm having to put all the quests on hold to make sure I'll have enough energy to get the wheat when it's done..... Like it wasn't bad enough before, now more stuff we have to do and can't due to low energy cap!! Sucks!

marrrina
11-22-12, 06:12 AM
Now with this wheat contest I'm having to put all the quests on hold to make sure I'll have enough energy to get the wheat when it's done..... Like it wasn't bad enough before, now more stuff we have to do and can't due to low energy cap!! Sucks!

Same here, I'm not doing much of anything except collecting coins from major buildings like Ivy's Hut and the Watchtower.

JerseyGirl068
11-22-12, 06:34 AM
I've only been playing CS for 2 weeks & am already frustrated. The 30 energy cap is ridiculous & needs to be reconsidered. I have a life & job and don't have time to keep waiting for refills. Another disappointing game from TL.

isaacbcl
11-22-12, 11:01 PM
Can we have our Energy Cap remove on Thanksgivivg Day! It will be the best present. I am still contemplating to buy discounted price gems.......

heidik901
11-23-12, 12:44 PM
PS

After reading this board I figured out the secret of why I have 40 energy, but I've only been playing a few weeks, not since the game went live, but I can't tell you all because TL will then change it, like they always do when someone helpful posts advice. Suffice it to say one group of new players gets 40, and another gets 30, it depends on how you download the game. I'd like to continue to get my friends to play CS with me, but with them getting the 40 energy, so you all will have to figure it out on your own.

cast1532
11-23-12, 01:31 PM
PS

After reading this board I figured out the secret of why I have 40 energy, but I've only been playing a few weeks, not since the game went live, but I can't tell you all because TL will then change it, like they always do when someone helpful posts advice. Suffice it to say one group of new players gets 40, and another gets 30, it depends on how you download the game. I'd like to continue to get my friends to play CS with me, but with them getting the 40 energy, so you all will have to figure it out on your own.

If you were not going to tell us the secret then why mention it in the first place. You made me curious and I want to know the secret now.

heidik901
11-23-12, 01:50 PM
When you downloaded Castle Story, did the reason you downloaded demonstrate a willingness to trade something of value for gems? There is your answer.

cast1532
11-24-12, 02:31 AM
When you downloaded Castle Story, did the reason you downloaded demonstrate a willingness to trade something of value for gems? There is your answer.

I live in the USA and Castle Story was first released to Australia. So, since I'm impatient I created an Australian iTunes account to get the game. So, I got the game the first day it was released. I didn't received any gems for downloading the game. Every new game that TL releases I get it on the first day it's out.

Castle Story came out in September or August?

jrwheoki
11-24-12, 04:43 PM

Hi Pika... Referring to your update from a week ago... Any new information about when, or if, energy features will be reviewed on Castle Story? Game is still frustratingly difficult to play... Even more so with new fruit trees and quests being added... And the wheat growing raffle..

julesh604
11-26-12, 01:37 PM
Dear PikaSquirrel,

It's really nice to hear that TL is listening to these requests and feedback. Not hearing from staff is like sitting on an airplane for hours and only hearing from the pilot one time with a status update. If I know that staff is working on this issue, then it seems reasonable enough to not give up on the game however, it's no fun playing a game for 5 minutes at a time and then all of the sudden the game stops responding. When players play games, we play for hours upon hours at times. It's a mind-numbing escape from reality that is so desperately needed at times.

Thanks for responding PiKa and please continue to keep us aprised of the situation.

tibes77
11-29-12, 01:26 AM
Any news in this ??
It has been a while TL have been testing and meanwhile there have been 1 update on the game and yesterday there was downtime too ??
Any update at all ??
getting a litle frustrated by no news.

charmmyvee
11-29-12, 02:22 AM
I think we are all frustrated by no news and of course no improvement regarding energy. :(

xMelancholyx
11-29-12, 01:22 PM
My cap is 30 (lvl 19) and I hate it its way too low please raise it to 40 at least. Different values for different people is silly why am I losing out on the extra 10 energy I could be picking up overnight or whenever I wander away from the gane?

TimeForACuppaTea
11-29-12, 02:17 PM
I'm getting frustrated too. 30 is too low. There is too much to do in this game. I have to pick and choose what I can and can't do. If its not raised soon I quit. Really sad cause this is one of the best games TL has come out with in a long time. Why do they have to make it so frustrating to play?

Games should be FUN not FRUSTRATING.

charmmyvee
12-02-12, 11:58 PM
Soooo I check this thread frequently and there has STILL been no response from TL or mods despite several of us asking directly. Still testing?? I doubt it. The feeling of being ignored is not a good one. I doubt they're gonna do anything about this guys. Sucks because CS is a really fun game, or could be, if we could actually play it instead of constantly waiting for energy.

mailedogwhat
12-03-12, 10:37 AM
Why is it when I level up and get a bunch of points, they disappear? For example, when I got to level 19 it said I had 62 energy points. I started doing things and suddenly it went to 0. Frustrating...

tibes77
12-10-12, 02:20 AM
Pika ?
Any news at all ?
You can be still testing ?
We have waited long now and would just like an honest answer.

GuidedHobo
12-22-12, 12:51 AM
TL, I started playing cs and I loved it. I'm not going to deal with the idea that I can't do anything but fight a pig, harvest some crops, collect my made items and call it good, I get to play once a day. It's no good for me... There has been no recent updates so I'm getting upset and disappointed

cast1532
12-22-12, 02:08 AM
Why is it when I level up and get a bunch of points, they disappear? For example, when I got to level 19 it said I had 62 energy points. I started doing things and suddenly it went to 0. Frustrating...

Every time that you have experience left it will automatically go over to the next level. For example, I have 24/40 when I level up those points will show 64/40 then they will decrease everytime you use engery until its normal again.

casper167
12-22-12, 05:13 AM
Have recently started playing this game and love it - with one exception, the max energy lvl!
A max of 30 is crazy, each time I go to play I have at least 50 things to do so it becomes a struggle to decide what to do next and what to leave. I understand the game is supposed to be challenging, and it is, but why handicap the player with saucy a low energy lvl?

CottageRose
01-03-13, 01:39 PM
I have a long-standing history, stretching over years prior, of buying In App gems/tokens/etc on a monthly basis (sometimes weekly) to purchase game items which could be earned and to speed up completions. The driving factor in my doing so is the ability to play more than 2-3 minutes -- to immerse myself in enjoying the game -- without running into an artificial constraint like the lack of energy.

I'm sad that this game forces me to go do something else for a couple hours, before coming back for another few minutes - if I remember.

tieio
01-04-13, 07:06 AM
Reading the posts here does not even scratch the surface of the frustration. There are six people in my house who play this game, two of them STILL have 40 max energy... It is not enough to reduce it for most people but you leave some people a distinct advantage over the rest of us.

If you were going to roll it back, why not on everyone? Support is useless, they tell me it is "a feature that is supposed to be there". That answer doesn't even make sense...

Is the cap 30 or 40? Why is it not the same for all users?

Mysteryland2013
01-16-13, 10:49 PM
I have a cap of 40 on one account and a cap of 30 on another.
On the account with the 30 cap, the cap isn't an issue thanks to the third shard. Most of the time I have energy left over.
So even if you did have a 40 cap you probably wouldn't use all of it most of the time.

mamawDi
02-09-13, 07:21 AM
Update is great, but....
I love the update for Castle Story, and want to thank you, but there is not enough energy at all. It makes the game so frustrating, and takes the fun out of the update. Would you please consider raising the energy level so we can enjoy the update? Even just a small bit would help. Please?

cakeandpie
02-09-13, 05:58 PM
I agree; since the update we REALLY need our energy cap to be higher!

omgpop1313
02-12-13, 08:26 PM
I would also like the energy cap to be higher, or at least let the energy refill faster ex. One energy every min.

omgpop1313
02-12-13, 08:30 PM
alicorns should drop full energy at least once a day. People are not going to buy it because it is expensive, and take 5 days to level up, then 7 days to drop some energy.

missoliviasmom
02-27-13, 06:51 AM
I have the same problem but in an odd way. I started playing on my ipad and i only have 30 energy max. Then I started playing on my Iphone and now I have 39 energy. I get more when I level up.
Why is it different for my ipad?
It really slows the game, I agree. Why not increase energy? We should at least be able to level up to 50 max

PikaSquirrel
03-04-13, 02:24 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to relay these feedback.

gogokat
03-08-13, 06:17 AM
I was wondering why on my iPhone I a stuck at 30 energy at level 23 but on my iPad I am at 33 energy at level 9. What gives?

SuziMisterman
03-08-13, 07:55 PM
I agree! I've been playing for about a month, I've bought gems when they are on special. 2 times. I REFUSE to spend another penny on this game. I cannot believe you have to use gems to buy a silly sheep for wool. The gems I bought, I'm using to expand my kingdom, and building my own kingdom the way I want it. I too don't find this fun, I find it to be stressful, and. Big money pit. I will finish my kingdom to my liking, then I will never touch this game anymore. To many other games out there to be enjoyed.

maguar
03-08-13, 10:04 PM
I was wondering why on my iPhone I a stuck at 30 energy at level 23 but on my iPad I am at 33 energy at level 9. What gives?

People who were the original testers have 40. Everyone else has 30 unless they're in a group where TL is trialling a different cap.

I agree! I've been playing for about a month, I've bought gems when they are on special. 2 times. I REFUSE to spend another penny on this game. I cannot believe you have to use gems to buy a silly sheep for wool. The gems I bought, I'm using to expand my kingdom, and building my own kingdom the way I want it. I too don't find this fun, I find it to be stressful, and. Big money pit. I will finish my kingdom to my liking, then I will never touch this game anymore. To many other games out there to be enjoyed.

You do not have to buy a sheep for wool. Wool does drop from the stables. I've been able to max out on wool this way. Red ribbons can also drop from the stables at the moment.

BeYaaz
03-30-13, 08:33 PM
The energy level needs to be way higher by the time I'm done with my plants and animals I'm almost out of energy if you guys don't give us more energy at least let us be able to eat whatever we grow in our garden to gain energy and the expansions are way to expensive based on what we make things need to be balanced

BeYaaz
03-30-13, 08:35 PM
Out energy level should be 100 I think that would be amazing and people would play longer and actually be able to get things done

S3n6
04-04-13, 12:38 PM

Similar issue here though it's my friend, who started around the same time as me, has 34 max energy on his ipad vs. 30 max for me on my iphone. We're the same level, too.

charbarr
04-04-13, 07:56 PM
I liked this game and would have bought different things as I did in FS but only being able to play the game for two minutes isn't worth it. Too bad it was a good game but no fun because of energy. I will be deleting it. Waste of time.

S3n6
04-05-13, 07:50 PM
People who were the original testers have 40. Everyone else has 30 unless they're in a group where TL is trialling a different cap.

So are are the members for the trial group randomly chosen? Are they also ipad users?

maguar
04-05-13, 09:44 PM
So are are the members for the trial group randomly chosen? Are they also ipad users?

As with all the trials that TL does, accounts are selected at random from all players. Castle is ios only so your device won't affect whether you can be in a trial or not (unlike DS where some features are iOS only so android and kindle users wouldn't be in the trial).

kermitcr
05-07-13, 11:05 AM
Hi

I?m having the same problem. I only have 30 energy and a friend which is the same level has 40!

Thanks for the reply!

maguar
05-07-13, 03:28 PM
Hi

I?m having the same problem. I only have 30 energy and a friend which is the same level has 40!

Thanks for the reply!

Your friend must be in a trial group. These are randomly selected.

kermitcr
05-08-13, 01:48 PM
Thank you!

grammaof4
05-15-13, 02:01 PM
I'm having the same problem. Has this been corrected?

kooky panda
05-15-13, 02:06 PM
I'm having the same problem. Has this been corrected?

As stated earlier, this is not a glitch.
The differences are sent out randomly.
I have not hear anything about if or when they will bring all players to the same energy cap.
Sorry

grammaof4
05-16-13, 07:53 AM
Why is it that some people have higher energy levels than others. Mine is stuck on 30 and level 20, while my friend who is at level 17 has an energy of 40. Makes no sense

joylogan
05-16-13, 02:40 PM
Why is it that some people have higher energy levels than others. Mine is stuck on 30 and level 20, while my friend who is at level 17 has an energy of 40. Makes no sense

are in stages of testing to see how fast we move

chewiecookie
08-23-13, 10:22 AM
I remember having 30 as my cap like....5 months ago, but now it was raised to 40.

maguar
08-23-13, 02:31 PM
Closing this thread as everyone is now on 40.