PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Island!!

Horntail21
11-13-12, 10:45 AM
Ok I have a neighbor who has one of the craziest islands I have seen. It's unexplainable unless they are buying dragons .They claim to have never bought a dragon and I guess it's possible but my gawd. Ultra rare list: 3 Infinity, 2 Diamond, 2 Gold, Mercury, Quetzal, and Crusader. Has all the LE's and I think every other dragon as well. Here is the kicker, not a single dragon in Epic form, not one. Highest level dragon looks like a 4-6. They are level 61. I don't get it. I never see them breeding two dragons that could even give you a diamond. I know this is possible but what are the odds? I will refrain from giving out names.

Anyone seen an Island more odd than this?

Horntail21
11-13-12, 10:50 AM
Oh I forgot. 3 Level 1 farms... Guess they just have no interest in evolving. Also most of the habitats are not upgraded.

cedkugedchgd
11-13-12, 11:33 AM
i have a neighbour who has about 20 diamond dragons. oh my...

Takiofallen
11-13-12, 11:37 AM
This island must be paid for. Not there is anything wrong with but there is no way to do all that without the purchase of gold.
Ok I have a neighbor who has one of the craziest islands I have seen. It's unexplainable unless they are buying dragons .They claim to have never bought a dragon and I guess it's possible but my gawd. Ultra rare list: 3 Infinity, 2 Diamond, 2 Gold, Mercury, Quetzal, and Crusader. Has all the LE's and I think every other dragon as well. Here is the kicker, not a single dragon in Epic form, not one. Highest level dragon looks like a 4-6. They are level 61. I don't get it. I never see them breeding two dragons that could even give you a diamond. I know this is possible but what are the odds? I will refrain from giving out names.

Horntail21
11-13-12, 12:14 PM
i have a neighbour who has about 20 diamond dragons. oh my...

O yes I have neighbors like that with tons of Diamonds. It is just when you combine everything it makes no sense to me.

totaltechno
11-13-12, 03:06 PM
Just looked at their island, it is crazy. Also, that's a very weird expansion pattern where their diamonds are.

totaltechno
11-13-12, 03:07 PM
Also, they have uncleared Mushmold lol

Also, they don't seem to have Titan

totaltechno
11-13-12, 03:11 PM
Also, I see a couple lv 7-9's: Witch, Island, Life, I think i see an Epic Fairy but idk, Fruitful, Atlantis, Mist, Firestorm, Wild, Mistmoth, but yeah, alsmot no epics

Horntail21
11-13-12, 04:30 PM
Yep your right epic fairy but I don't see any others.

salinho
11-13-12, 05:56 PM
So, what's the whole fuss about? Jealous, people? :p
Maybe he/she bought the dragons, or some of them, or a diamond/infinity and then bred a whole happy bunch of them. I have neighbors with several diamonds or infinities that they bred themselves....

LIFE ISN'T FAIR!! *sobs*

Horntail21
11-13-12, 06:10 PM
Maybe he/she bought the dragons, or some of them, or a diamond/infinity and then bred a whole happy bunch of them. I have neighbors with several diamonds or infinities that they bred themselves....

LIFE ISN'T FAIR!! *sobs*

No not about that. Like I said I have neighbors with way more diamonds. But the levels, and three tiny farms. Idk it's just an odd looking island IMO. Definitely one of a kind.

mammami08
11-13-12, 08:18 PM
Mayby it's a young player how got lucky to get a diamond. If you go look at my doughters island i think you should see something similar, just no diamond yet. But she don't care for feeding them or grow food for that matter, expands but do not clear and yesterday she thougt... Why don't i buy a hole lot of "make no sence" decoration and just put it where there was room. She's been quite lucky whit the dragons and have quite a few superrares and got 3 out of 4 LE:s. I have to admit it bugs me alot when she time after time gets the new dragons befor me....

Oh, and by the way, she's 12 ;)

Takiofallen
11-13-12, 08:26 PM
It's a combination of factors. Only having 3 level one farms limit food production greatly. When you don't evolve your dragons income is limited, add in to account failed breeding and time wasted on them, the only way around this is to spend gold.

salinho
11-15-12, 07:22 AM
Mayby it's a young player how got lucky to get a diamond. If you go look at my doughters island i think you should see something similar, just no diamond yet. But she don't care for feeding them or grow food for that matter, expands but do not clear and yesterday she thougt... Why don't i buy a hole lot of "make no sence" decoration and just put it where there was room. She's been quite lucky whit the dragons and have quite a few superrares and got 3 out of 4 LE:s. I have to admit it bugs me alot when she time after time gets the new dragons befor me....

Oh, and by the way, she's 12 ;)

Lol yeah! My nephew is almost six years old, and after about a couple of weeks of having installed his game (he was in an early level) i log in and....THE WHOLE PLACE IS FULL OF BANNERS AND STUFF. And I mean really really full, there were dozens of repeated banners and no room to move habitats or upgrade! I gotta admit I lolled so badly :D he splattered all his money on that, hahaha.

But it's annoying how incredibly lucky he gets on some breeds. I mean, honestly. He doesn't even try sometimes, or does something totally random, and out pops a zombie and boo on first time. Aming other things! It's crazy :D

salinho
11-15-12, 07:23 AM
It's a combination of factors. Only having 3 level one farms limit food production greatly. When you don't evolve your dragons income is limited, add in to account failed breeding and time wasted on them, the only way around this is to spend gold.

Yeah, not saying there's no gold being spent, to get coins for example. Just maybe the dragons weren't bought, because let's face it, it's a matter of random luck!

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 08:45 AM
It's probably a young child... My 5 year old has the best luck by not thinking about it and just playing! It's gotten to the point when I'm ready to breed a new dragon I ask her to pick for me:)

mammami08
11-15-12, 08:52 AM
Lol yeah! My nephew is almost six years old, and after about a couple of weeks of having installed his game (he was in an early level) i log in and....THE WHOLE PLACE IS FULL OF BANNERS AND STUFF. And I mean really really full, there were dozens of repeated banners and no room to move habitats or upgrade! I gotta admit I lolled so badly :D he splattered all his money on that, hahaha.

But it's annoying how incredibly lucky he gets on some breeds. I mean, honestly. He doesn't even try sometimes, or does something totally random, and out pops a zombie and boo on first time. Aming other things! It's crazy :D

I'm lolling right now ;)

mammami08
11-15-12, 08:54 AM
It's probably a young child... My 5 year old has the best luck by not thinking about it and just playing! It's gotten to the point when I'm ready to breed a new dragon I ask her to pick for me:)

I recognise this to, she got her LE:s befor me and shes old enough to let me hear it... Over and over again ;)

Takiofallen
11-15-12, 10:13 AM
I agree but also disagree this game is not truly random. I mean some things are random but the randomness is limited so it's not really random. I just made no sense at all lol
Yeah, not saying there's no gold being spent, to get coins for example. Just maybe the dragons weren't bought, because let's face it, it's a matter of random luck!

salinho
11-15-12, 01:36 PM
I agree but also disagree this game is not truly random. I mean some things are random but the randomness is limited so it's not really random. I just made no sense at all lol
No, I think that in the middle of all the randmoness you made sense xD it'szo random that it gets to the point that it does not look random at all.m:p

totaltechno
11-15-12, 02:56 PM
Machines cannot produce true randomness, period.

salinho
11-15-12, 03:03 PM
Machines cannot produce true randomness, period.
They try. ;)

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 09:24 AM
Sounds like you're discussing my islands. First of all ... what does it matter what someone else does? Just so everyone knows, who's concerned ...

I'm not a child, but probably old enough to be a mother or grandmother to a lot of you.

I have not and do not buy dragons, unless you are including in "buying", the use of gold.

I keep only dragons I wish to keep and sell those I don't wish to keep.

I have only duplicates of dragons I especially like and sell the other duplicates. I see no point in keeping duplicates, but that's just me.

If I have the gold, I will speed them along so that they can be sold. I am guilty of using gold at times to speed along a dragon I'm excited about.

As for feeding ... they get fed, but I'm not in a big hurry to bring them to Epic. I play the way I enjoy playing. On the subject of my not bringing my dragons to Epic form, yes, my 2 Fairy dragons are at their highest level. I wasn't aware that there was a hurry toward Epic. If it's just because of coins ... I have enough coins to do much of what I want to do on my islands.

I upgrade habitats when I have the extra coin to do so and want to upgrade.

I have purchased gold, if anyone is concerned about that too and I'm sure not the only one who has done so.

Regarding the strange pattern of my island with the 2 Diamonds, 2 Gold and others ... That was by choice, because I didn't wish to clear all the trees, rocks, mold what ever. I don't care for the look of a totally cleared island, but to each their own and mine is not to judge. Along these lines, I'm Android and we don't have the option of purchasing the beautiful decor that others have, so I use trees, rocks and such.

So ... there you have it. I think I covered at least most of the concerns brought up. I'm an old lady who plays the way she wishes, plays with the dragons of my neighbors, gift when I can everyday and have tried to help others when asked. The trying to help others has been curtailed, due to a couple players who are angry with me for having more LEs than they were quite vocal about it. Well, vocal meaning text on my wall.

Everyone really should play they way they wish to, the way that makes them enjoy the game, not fret over the way someone else chooses to play, but this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled their own.

Takiofallen
11-16-12, 09:36 AM
1. You should not feel or could never be guilty when using gold. Like you stated you can play this game anyway you want. 2. i don't think this was meant to judge you in a negative way. It's seems more like you have a unique island such that it raised question.(sprinkle a little bit of jealousy and envy) When i spoke about it what i stated was fact which you confirmed. There is no way to get this kind of island without using gold. I have never seen your island and was just replying to what was posted. At the end of the day again i don't think this thread was made to judge or attack you. People were just curious. On the bright side how many people get a whole thread dedicated to there island. lol Your a DS Star :)
Sounds like you're discussing my islands. First of all ... what does it matter what someone else does? Just so everyone knows, who's concerned ...

I'm not a child, but probably old enough to be a mother or grandmother to a lot of you.

I have not and do not buy dragons, unless you are including in "buying", the use of gold.

I keep only dragons I wish to keep and sell those I don't wish to keep.

I have only duplicates of dragons I especially like and sell the other duplicates. I see no point in keeping duplicates, but that's just me.

If I have the gold, I will speed them along so that they can be sold. I am guilty of using gold at times to speed along a dragon I'm excited about.

As for feeding ... they get fed, but I'm not in a big hurry to bring them to Epic. I play the way I enjoy playing. On the subject of my not bringing my dragons to Epic form, yes, my 2 Fairy dragons are at their highest level. I wasn't aware that there was a hurry toward Epic. If it's just because of coins ... I have enough coins to do much of what I want to do on my islands.

I upgrade habitats when I have the extra coin to do so and want to upgrade.

I have purchased gold, if anyone is concerned about that too and I'm sure not the only one who has done so.

Regarding the strange pattern of my island with the 2 Diamonds, 2 Gold and others ... That was by choice, because I didn't wish to clear all the trees, rocks, mold what ever. I don't care for the look of a totally cleared island, but to each their own and mine is not to judge. Along these lines, I'm Android and we don't have the option of purchasing the beautiful decor that others have, so I use trees, rocks and such.

So ... there you have it. I think I covered at least most of the concerns brought up. I'm an old lady who plays the way she wishes, plays with the dragons of my neighbors, gift when I can everyday and have tried to help others when asked. The trying to help others has been curtailed, due to a couple players who are angry with me for having more LEs than they were quite vocal about it. Well, vocal meaning text on my wall.

Everyone really should play they way they wish to, the way that makes them enjoy the game, not fret over the way someone else chooses to play, but this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled their own.

Horntail21
11-16-12, 09:39 AM
You can play anyway you like, doesn't bother me. Its just when something skews that far left of center it is going to draw attention. Not a bad thing. Spend as much money on this game as you like if you enjoy it. I just wondered how and why your island was the way it was. Now I know. The individuals will always be questioned by the masses lol.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 09:55 AM
Quoted:
1. You should not feel or could never be guilty when using gold. Like you stated you can play this game anyway you want. 2. i don't think this was meant to judge you in a negative way. It's seems more like you have a unique island such that it raised question.(sprinkle a little bit of jealousy and envy) When i spoke about it what i stated was fact which you confirmed. There is no way to get this kind of island without using gold. I have never seen your island and was just replying to what was posted. At the end of the day again i don't think this thread was made to judge or attack you. People were just curious. On the bright side how many people get a whole thread dedicated to there island. lol Your a DS Star

LOL ... no "Star" here!!! I didn't really take anything as an attack, but since so many seemed either concerned or in question, I thought it best just to let everyone know. :) I just enjoy the game, when it's not Force Closing or re-starting on me, enjoy the pretty dragons (well, some aren't so attractive LOL) and like to make things different, thus, my Diamond Island. I wish TL would make the game a bit more fair for everyone, though.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 09:56 AM
You can play anyway you like, doesn't bother me. Its just when something skews that far left of center it is going to draw attention. Not a bad thing. Spend as much money on this game as you like if you enjoy it. I just wondered how and why your island was the way it was. Now I know. The individuals will always be questioned by the masses lol.

Yeah, I'm a little sideways and tend to not follow. LOL I'll take the path one direction, while others go yet another. :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-16-12, 11:08 AM
All the assumptions in this post! Geeze!

grondai
11-16-12, 11:13 AM
Respect your elders children!

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 11:28 AM
respect your elders children!

rofl!!!!!

salinho
11-16-12, 04:43 PM
All the assumptions in this post! Geeze!

Indeed! And although I know some people in this thread weren't being mean or anything, I do know that others have acted and commented out of jealously and envy and some people were actually being outright mean! And I wonder, "what's it to them?" And indeed it is none of other people's business.

Yes, it may be a curious island, a lucky one at that, and so on and so forth, and might rise curiosity with some people, but some people were actually mean. And calling her (not HIM, sorry!!) a liar. That was so rude and uncalled for, honestly, and made me angry. But yeah xD

It's her right to play whichever way she wants, and actually all this attention because she's lucky...cool :p

I'm not a gold buyer, but hey, anyone who buys gold buys it because they can, so hopray for whoever has that advantage. :D

Horntail21
11-16-12, 05:20 PM
What exactly in this thread is mean? I re read it three times.

onawing1
11-16-12, 05:28 PM
I am sure that there are quite a few people who have bought diamond dragons.

Would it be funny that all the diamonds were bought and people are just trying to convince you that you can breed for them?

Me, if I ever get to that point, I would just buy it and name him 'pricetag'

Each to their own

Horntail21
11-16-12, 05:47 PM
It's unexplainable unless they are buying dragons .

Yeah I probably shouldn't have said that. I admit I was influenced there by some of the negative posters on her wall. I don't know if she remembers but I complimented her on her luck and her island after the first time I saw it on her wall. So, sorry if that ruffled any feathers there.

Everyone kinda glazed over the second part of the post. I was kinda hoping people would share some out of the norm islands around the game so I could neighbor them and check them out.

mammami08
11-16-12, 05:59 PM
I was the one to make a respons about that it might by a childs island. I'm really truly sorry if that offended you, it was NOT my intention at all.

I havn't seen your island, but sure would like to. The way you describes it sounds wonderfull and an island you are very proud of, and thats the main thing to this game i think, that we all can create something that we likes and are proud of ;)

What i was trying to do was to make a point that you CAN have an island like yours without buying gold. I guess the previous posts in this threads triggered something in me, i myself have been accused of being a gold buyer and that theres NO WAY you can have an island like mine if you don't spend alot of gold.

I don't think it's wrong to buy gold, i don't even think it's wrong to buy a dragon, but i haven't. When people then call me a liar when i tell them i haven't bought gold i get a tiny bit upset. (but now i got some gold for my birthday so now mayby i should consider my self a gold buyer) The main reason i don't buy gold is because what happend in bakerystory, were i used to buy some gems occasionally but got so upset with the pricerise that i for one decided not to ever buy gems or gold ever again and two quit the game completly. So when my sister now got me some gold for my birthday it was very mixed feelings from me about that. But i don't have a problem with other people who buy gold to speed things up or to buy a dragon that's been unbreedable to them for months. I completly understand that and i have been close to changing my mind about my previous decision more than once.

So when your island was described and the subject of "you can't have this island whitout spending gold" i came to think about my own doughters island. She only have three small farms, she don't care to feed any of her dragons beyond lvl 4 except a few that she likes. The thrill for her is to get the dragons, and preferably befor me so she can brag and bug me about it, in a loving way ;) If she would have been lucky to get that first diamond or infinity i'm sure here island would be filled with little crusaders or mercuries ;) And she haven't spend a penny on gold, she can't cause shes 12 and don't have here own account and i'm sure as... Won't let here get the password for mine;)

So my intention was not to be hurtfull or offensive and it was not even meant for you, it was more that i made a comperision to my own child and her island sounds a bit like yours. You have, offcours every right to play the game the way you enjoy it the most, and you can feed your dragons as much or as little as you choose. You don't really have to explain why you do what you do, it's every players right to play the way they enjoy it the most.

So once again, if i did hurt your feelings with my comment, i'm truely sorry.

ubobdgc
11-16-12, 05:59 PM

LIFE ISN'T FAIR!! *sobs*

"Life is fair, it is the Humans who inhabit it, who are not fair" -Kacie Ahmed

mammami08
11-16-12, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=onawing1;456740]

LOL big time

mammami08
11-16-12, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=onawing1;456740]

sorry don't know what went wrong with my quote there?

It was me, not onawing1, who was LOLLING big time

salinho
11-16-12, 06:53 PM
What exactly in this thread is mean? I re read it three times.

People were mean on her wall, is what I meant. :) a lot of stirred up emotions I guess, lol.

salinho
11-16-12, 06:55 PM
I am sure that there are quite a few people who have bought diamond dragons.

Would it be funny that all the diamonds were bought and people are just trying to convince you that you can breed for them?

Each to their own

Lol!! Anyone ever seen that meme of "conspiracy theory Keanu"? Haha this reminded me of that. :)

salinho
11-16-12, 06:59 PM
And the problem here wasn't about buying the gold per se... Someone actually wrote in her wall accusing her of BUYING THE DRAGONS, like the infinity. Even called her a liar for giving out breeding advice (which the person asked for) withot having bred the dragon.
I mean, seriously. I am not even going to explain what is wrong with this situation, because any normally educated person would realize how bad it sounds to accuse someone right off the bat like that.

Not referring to anyone on this thread specifically. :)

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 07:08 PM
mammami08 ... I took no offense at all. :)

mammami08
11-16-12, 07:15 PM
mammami08 ... I took no offense at all. :)

Thanks for that, i can see now from Salinos post above yours that we share something, stupid people calling us liers on our walls :(

Horntail21
11-16-12, 07:16 PM
I just realized something, and houseofsweets correct me if I'm wrong but, since you don't do a whole lot of feedings your level probably doesn't reflect how long you've been playing. I mean I get most of my experience points growing the larger crops and harvesting them. Kinda slows down time if you know what I mean and makes your island much less of a mystery. You've probably been playing as long as I have or longer and I'm level 70. This is but a guess though. I think I confiscated this game from my stepson somewhere around July or August this year.

salinho
11-16-12, 07:20 PM
True, the most expensive food yields most of my XP... So does xlearing the huge plants and whatnot.

totaltechno
11-16-12, 07:29 PM
I take back anything offensive I may have said, now that I think about it, your island makes sense.

onawing1
11-16-12, 07:32 PM
People, people.

TL made the purchase of dragons part of the game. Its not an illegal move to utilize it. If you can afford it then so be it. I have no pro lem with people filling their world, and TLs pockets with gold. Withe the amount of gold I have used to speed up breeding, I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise.

Now, to say otherwise is to lie, again not desirable but hardly a crime.

I figure most " purist " are those without the means to shower their world with gold themselves.

Too many glass houses around to be chucking stones around. Let's just all have the fun we can have and hope the black dragons come soon.

:)

kwhales
11-16-12, 07:39 PM
You know, it's not really that hard to obtain a large quantity of food with small farms. I keep my iphone on my desk at work, and every now and then, i will play to collect food and coins, and buy/plant more food, planting usually 3 minutes (no I don't play every three minutes), but it's cheaper then the 1 hr, and I tend to collect stuff a few times an hour. I personally have 6 larger farms, but do the 3 minutes the most. I collect several times an hour and my food adds up quickly. so small farms are better (cheaper) if you tend to play throughout the day. And when you collect coins frequently, they add up quickly too.

At one time I have over 8000 food stored, then I fed a light or two. and I have nearly 3 million coins--collected that in a few days, as a level 45 player.

So, anything is possible. I'm even thinking of asking Santa for gold. I want that second nest.

Takiofallen
11-16-12, 07:48 PM
That second nest is GOLD (no pun intended) i'm just glad i was able to get it for 25 gold
You know, it's not really that hard to obtain a large quantity of food with small farms. I keep my iphone on my desk at work, and every now and then, i will play to collect food and coins, and buy/plant more food, planting usually 3 minutes (no I don't play every three minutes), but it's cheaper then the 1 hr, and I tend to collect stuff a few times an hour. I personally have 6 larger farms, but do the 3 minutes the most. I collect several times an hour and my food adds up quickly. so small farms are better (cheaper) if you tend to play throughout the day. And when you collect coins frequently, they add up quickly too.

At one time I have over 8000 food stored, then I fed a light or two. and I have nearly 3 million coins--collected that in a few days, as a level 45 player.

So, anything is possible. I'm even thinking of asking Santa for gold. I want that second nest.

kwhales
11-16-12, 07:50 PM
I would have that 2nd nest by now, but my quick fingers and lagging game--i decided to speed an expansion instead. used 160 gold.

Horntail21
11-16-12, 07:51 PM
Right but the point was that she doesn't feed her dragons that much. Unless she is stockpiling tons and tons of food then she probably isn't leveling as quickly as someone who plants and harvests all the time. Just wondering

kwhales
11-16-12, 08:03 PM
True, but she isn't leveling up either so stockpiling food would be well, needless. Or she is saving the food for a special dragon to feed and level up quickly.

Who knows, who cares. As long as the game is still fun...does it really matter?? and if she does buy lots of gold. good for her. she is keeping TL happy and in keeping them happy, they might make us happy by giving us some of what we ask for. I just wish I could buy lots of gold too. I have to wait for Santa now. or i could spend my christmas bonus..yeah, here comes my second nest.

Horntail21
11-16-12, 08:21 PM
True, but she isn't leveling up either so stockpiling food would be well, needless. Or she is saving the food for a special dragon to feed and level up quickly.

Who knows, who cares. As long as the game is still fun...does it really matter?? and if she does buy lots of gold. good for her. she is keeping TL happy and in keeping them happy, they might make us happy by giving us some of what we ask for. I just wish I could buy lots of gold too. I have to wait for Santa now. or i could spend my christmas bonus..yeah, here comes my second nest.

Well yeah that was kinda my point. She probably isn't stockpiling food therefor not growing it therefor not leveling as quickly.

I don't understand why everyone keeps taking this stance like there is someone attacking her for buying gold here. Trying to defend gold buying against this phantom gold hater.

kwhales
11-16-12, 08:40 PM
Well yeah that was kinda my point. She probably isn't stockpiling food therefor not growing it therefor not leveling as quickly.

I don't understand why everyone keeps taking this stance like there is someone attacking her for buying gold here. Trying to defend gold buying against this phantom gold hater.

No one is attacking anyone. i think this all started by a post that said it was a bought island. Sorry if you thought I inferred anything about gold buying.

I just meant I am jealous. I want it all.............(sigh).

I also think this thread has gone on long enough and a mod should close it.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 09:22 PM
Thanks for that, i can see now from Salinos post above yours that we share something, stupid people calling us liers on our walls :(

As everyone can see ... age is difficult to pinpoint. LOL One of the ... uh ... let's say lesser than nice people who posted on my wall, was at Level 9 and may have been young, but rude is rude. I told that person that I was, at that time, Level 61, which makes a difference. The other was at a higher level, but again, rude is rude. Neither wanted to accept that I wasn't a liar, so ... what ever makes their day, although I admit, the attack was a bit upsetting.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 09:29 PM
As for leveling up and feeding my dragons ... I'm not in a big hurry to level up (I think that means dragons becoming Epic?). No, I don't stock pile food. Truth be known, I have just about 12,000 whatevers in food. My dragons are fed, but again, I'm not in any hurry for them to reach their final level. I just play my game as I enjoy playing it, that's all.

I understand that there are those who don't understand how I play or my way of playing. I just "chill" as I hear it said and am not in any hurry, although, I do wish I could clear a bit more real-estate, but it's a slow process.

Takiofallen
11-16-12, 09:35 PM
chill lol

MomsHouseofSweets
11-16-12, 09:47 PM
chill lol

LOL ... Did I use "chill" right?? There was a different term used in ... uh ... my day. My youngest daughter is 20, I may have used the term incorrectly. LOL

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-16-12, 10:43 PM
I also think this thread has gone on long enough and a mod should close it.

Agreed, delete it even.

This thread bothered me from the time it was posted.

Horntail21
11-17-12, 06:53 AM
Agreed, delete it even.

You don't have to read it

Horntail21
11-17-12, 07:04 AM
Agreed, delete it even.

I think a few people need to take a step back from the ledge. I am not questioning anyone's parenting. These aren't your children they are digital representations of dragons on a phone app. You honor and integrity doesn't lie in whether or not you bought a dragon on a game. The person who's island was in question is less offended than you are. Btw I'm pretty sure I have broken no forum rules here. I believe this forum is for opinion and discussion which is exactly what I was engaging in.

Like I said, you have to click on this thread to read it. It's your choice. Not duty or requirement.

kwhales
11-17-12, 07:12 AM
Agree, you don't have to read it, but it's like driving by an accident, ya gotta look, cause it's human nature. I just want it closed because we are at the point of beating a dead horse. Everything that could be said has been said. Using different words doesn't change the fact that the posts are just repeating themselves. So, time to move on. And you know if they don't close the post, somewhere down the line, a new reader will resurrect it again in weeks to come without realizing it was an old post.

Horntail21
11-17-12, 07:21 AM
Everybody is so ready to be offended they look for it. Sign of the times I guess. Whatever delete the thread. People should be told what they should say and not say, read and not read.

salinho
11-17-12, 12:41 PM
You don't have to read it

Well,but it's here for us to read and comment. And someone WAS quite rude to MomHouseOfSweets, someone who either read sbout her island here or on someone else's walls, because she has such a unique island that everyone needs to comment on it. That's the level 9 person who was rude, and also wrote in my wall - posts are right there in my main island for whoever wants to check - and...well...had terrible grammar really. Lol.

My point being: such a big fuss over something that is nobody's business...not wondering how she got so lucky - and yes, I'm very very jealous lol, but I am not going to her wall calling her liar after she gave out breeding advice which the person asked for.

And that was undeserved and bothered me, really. It was unfair. And none of that one person's business.

She has a unique island, very lucky indeed, and has a different style of playing the game. That's cool and everyone should be cool with that. It's just a little game after all. :)

Horntail21
11-17-12, 12:55 PM
There were nasty comments on her wall far before this thread ever existed I saw them myself. There wouldn't be a big fuss over this thread without these reactionary posts. It could have died after she straightened everyone out. She is a grown up and seems perfectly capable of taking care of herself.

salinho
11-17-12, 01:00 PM
There were nasty comments on her wall far before this thread ever existed I saw them myself. There wouldn't be a big fuss over this thread without these reactionary posts. It could have died after she straightened everyone out. She is a grown up and seems perfectly capable of taking care of herself.
You're right. But this made more people curious. :p
Anyway, I'm a reactionary by tendency -.- kinda useful for my job, really, but can be a bit of a bother sometimes. Oh well. :3

Anyway, you can't expect to post something like this without some consequences...ehehehe. I'm just a tad, er, persistant! Yeahh but okay, let's leave it be then. XD

Takiofallen
11-17-12, 01:02 PM
It's amazing how this thread has completely morphed in to something totally different. It went from curiosity to conjecture then to misunderstanding then apology now back to misunderstanding. 98% of the people who posted have no malice toward everyone. Wheres the love in the heart of the city.

snake073
11-17-12, 02:03 PM
I have a very advanced island and constantly give out breeding advice when asked but have also been on the receiving end of jealous people calling me a liar. I have only ever bought one dragon with gold and that was my second diamond. The only reason I bought it was so I could breed two diamonds together to see what you would get. I also think I was one of the first people to breed two diamonds so the information I gave out about it on this forum I believe was very helpfull to other players. I am only four dragons short of the full collection, mercury, angel, leopard and infinity. I am now missing fruitfull as I had to sell it to make room for the new turkey dragon. If I bought all my dragons then I would not be missing these 4. I have had to remove neighbours because of the abuse I have recieved from them. Every island is different and unique and that's the way it should be. People should find the good in other people's islands and complement them on that, not pick at the things they don't like or understand. Everyone is welcome to come by and visit my island if they want to my ID is snake073.

Horntail21
11-17-12, 02:27 PM
Yeah I think I'm done with this thread. Nothing that has actually been said in the thread is even being addressed anymore. It's about people's emotions and in game wall attacks. I'll leave on this. I questioned an island based on its diversion from the norm of the majority of islands I see. I knew that there was a most likely chance that the neighbor was a poster here because this is where the majority of my neigh ors originated. Well they did come forward and explain their island and I enjoyed the explanation. Nobody has to explain anything to me but I can ask. As far as I know this is a forum that allows questions. I never attacked anyone or called anyone a liar but some people felt the need to defend the person like I was trying to talk bad about their gamestyle. And if anyone is wondering my island name is fire island and you won't see any derogatory comments from me on anyone's wall.

Horntail21
11-17-12, 02:27 PM
Ps I'm out

Takiofallen
11-17-12, 02:33 PM
Well i could start with my last post it was not directed at anyone but you misunderstood it as being somehow meant toward you. The misunderstanding in general is people taking peoples comments personally or as an indirect attack. (as you just did) i am completely free of malice as far as this thread is concerned. I never apologized because my original post was an observation which turned out to be right. There is nothing to down play again i made an observation which again i'm right. People "apologize" because they didn't mean for there comments (most not all) to be taken the way they were (misunderstanding) (
I get where you're coming from, but nobody's free of a tinge of malice. And some posts were even corrected by mods, due to "inappropriate content" (though that could be a bunch of things, hahahaha, and I will refrain from breaking forum rules lol). Why try to turn this around on whoever else "stuck up" for the owner of the island? (Not that this was an all-out war or anything of the sort though xD)

Things happened. People commented. More people counter-commented. Did it get completely out of hand? No, I think it was doomed to it from the beginning, lol. Questioning someone's island, for what? Why bring it up? Tell me what was it that I misunderstood. I saw what someone wrote in-game and I think the intentions behind certain words are quite clear. No need to play anything down. We're mostly adults here, so let's stick to facts and not try and downplay this. Not that it's a huge matter anyway...but I enjoy a good argument. :p

I'm not trying not to drop an argument, but that's the thing: I argumented for a reason, not because I misunderstood anything.

salinho
11-17-12, 03:18 PM
I have a very advanced island and constantly give out breeding advice when asked but have also been on the receiving end of jealous people calling me a liar. I have only ever bought one dragon with gold and that was my second diamond. The only reason I bought it was so I could breed two diamonds together to see what you would get. I also think I was one of the first people to breed two diamonds so the information I gave out about it on this forum I believe was very helpfull to other players. I am only four dragons short of the full collection, mercury, angel, leopard and infinity. I am now missing fruitfull as I had to sell it to make room for the new turkey dragon. If I bought all my dragons then I would not be missing these 4. I have had to remove neighbours because of the abuse I have recieved from them. Every island is different and unique and that's the way it should be. People should find the good in other people's islands and complement them on that, not pick at the things they don't like or understand. Everyone is welcome to come by and visit my island if they want to my ID is snake073.

It's too bad there isn't a block feature, snake! I know people have asked for it in the past and this need has not yet been addressed. Well, anyway, hope you're not having problems with idiotic neighbors anyway. ;) we should all just stick to our own stuff and have fun writing funny messages, not insults xD

salinho
11-17-12, 03:21 PM
Yeah I think I'm done with this thread. Nothing that has actually been said in the thread is even being addressed anymore. It's about people's emotions and in game wall attacks. I'll leave on this. I questioned an island based on its diversion from the norm of the majority of islands I see. I knew that there was a most likely chance that the neighbor was a poster here because this is where the majority of my neigh ors originated. Well they did come forward and explain their island and I enjoyed the explanation. Nobody has to explain anything to me but I can ask. As far as I know this is a forum that allows questions. I never attacked anyone or called anyone a liar but some people felt the need to defend the person like I was trying to talk bad about their gamestyle. And if anyone is wondering my island name is fire island and you won't see any derogatory comments from me on anyone's wall.

I know, I'm your neighbor too ;p well, I know that you weren't trying to be mean exactly... Because, in fact, it is a curious island. But the person who was rude,did come and read this post here. I think. But it's neither of those people I know. :)
Anyway, this wound up derailing a bit. Lol.

salinho
11-17-12, 03:22 PM
Well i could start with my last post it was not directed at anyone but you misunderstood it as being somehow meant toward you. The misunderstanding in general is people taking peoples comments personally or as an indirect attack. (as you just did) i am completely free of malice as far as this thread is concerned. I never apologized because my original post was an observation which turned out to be right. There is nothing to down play again i made an observation which again i'm right. People "apologize" because they didn't mean for there comments (most not all) to be taken the way they were (misunderstanding) (
Oh, okay then. Settled!

kooky panda
11-17-12, 05:28 PM
Thread has gone off topic. Locking thread.