PDA

View Full Version : New Gold Confirmation

Pages : [1] 2

ncc74656
08-21-12, 09:43 PM
hi there
yesterday i have a gold balance from over 100 today i log in and have only 60 gold left??? in dragon story
in monster story i have over 60 gold now 40.
whats going on??

edit(KP)

Tips-to-avoid-accidentally-spending-Gold (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85214-Tips-to-avoid-accidentally-spending-Gold)

greygull
08-21-12, 09:52 PM
Send an email to support@teamlava.com Give them your ID and what's happening.

ncc74656
08-21-12, 10:56 PM
thx e-mail is send.. hope they restore my gold. try to buy a second nest^^

bibiooo
08-21-12, 11:14 PM
I have 200 gold try to buy second nest too, but i beware while expanding because "finish now button" show delay and "ask friend button" is very near "Buy All For xxx gold Button".

Quixote96
08-22-12, 06:08 AM
Hey everyone,

So today I launched Dragon Story on my iPhone. I collected all my money as per normal and realised I had enough for my next expansion which costs 1.35m. I happily click the expand. Suddenly my phone lags and I click a few times, only to realise to my horror that I also clicked the finish now button, causing me to spend 360 gold on it.

I don't know if the admins can do anything but if they can please help! I really didn't mean to spend that gold and hopefully admins can revert my island back to its previous state (Not finished with expansion, gold still intact) or something like that.

I never spent any money on that gold but I did spend a lot of time downloading all the apps and playing them.. I really hope admins will help me.

Thank you for reading,
Quixote96

foxxiegirl
08-22-12, 06:15 AM
I can tell you from playing Bakery Story....nothing can or will be done about this one. They don't refund for glitches or human error. These games are full of Gem/Gold traps, and that's the main reason i no longer buy gems in bakery. I still buy gold over here, but that's only because i use it right away to speed up breeding so i never have any sitting around.

mattyboo1
08-22-12, 06:38 AM
Hey everyone,

So today I launched Dragon Story on my iPhone. I collected all my money as per normal and realised I had enough for my next expansion which costs 1.35m. I happily click the expand. Suddenly my phone lags and I click a few times, only to realise to my horror that I also clicked the finish now button, causing me to spend 360 gold on it.

I don't know if the admins can do anything but if they can please help! I really didn't mean to spend that gold and hopefully admins can revert my island back to its previous state (Not finished with expansion, gold still intact) or something like that.

I never spent any money on that gold but I did spend a lot of time downloading all the apps and playing them.. I really hope admins will help me.

Thank you for reading,
Quixote96

I can tell you from playing Bakery Story....nothing can or will be done about this one. They don't refund for glitches or human error. These games are full of Gem/Gold traps, and that's the main reason i no longer buy gems in bakery. I still buy gold over here, but that's only because i use it right away to speed up breeding so i never have any sitting around. things can be done but they will not be done

shahed12
08-22-12, 07:08 AM
Email them at
support@teamlava.com
They can help u but will take time

foxxiegirl
08-22-12, 07:32 AM
things can be done but they will not be done

You know your right. They can remove the traps, but my response was to the reset of the gold not the problem it self. The OP said it was an accident. Meaning they hit the button by mistake. Nothing can be done by mods (again as the op asked) for this, this is human error,plain and simple. They can't and won't refund gold from human error.

danstonia
08-22-12, 07:45 AM
I have been waiting over a month for a response to the same issue. 250 gold...I would like a response either way.

kooky panda
08-22-12, 07:51 AM
I have been waiting over a month for a response to the same issue. 250 gold...I would like a response either way.
If you have not received a response from your email to support, reply back to the automatic email you received with your ticket number and ask for an update.

benbever
08-22-12, 07:53 AM
You should not have so much gold on hand, it is wisest to spend gold, otherwise the game will spend it for you. Gold traps really are unavoidable. Even if you are careful, you can lose it by unintentional taping, lag, or glitches. I lost 80 gold in Dragon story on an expansion. It didn't even save me time since i did not have the money or maps to start the next expansion, the gold was just taken. I complained of course, just for the sake of complaining, but never got any response besides an automail. Policy is that they do not give gems or gold back, even if you bought them with real money and lost it in a glitch. The gem and goldtraps are why I don't spend money on these games anymore, until they do something about it.
I lost bought-with-money gems in pet shop story (speeding up and turning it into useless money) and by baby pets getting sick, I lost a lot of gems in zoo story 2 by speeding up a habitat, I lost a large bunch of gems in pet hotel, I lost just a few in bakery and restaurant, and twice I lost gems in city story metro; once by misclicking on a request item, and today 12 gems just disappeared, no idea where they went.
I feel bad for you, and by all means complain by sending them a polite email. I sent a few complaints, but they do not seem to care.

AkumaNeko
08-22-12, 09:25 AM
Good luck. Same thing happened but it was 120 gold. Nothing could be done since it's human error :(

carijonas
08-22-12, 12:23 PM
Same thing happened to my boyfriend ares101 today . He was saving up his gold (nearly 600) for a dragon and accidently spent over 320 of it doing an expansion. He doesn't buy gold he's been saving for months..I felt so bad for him he doesn't even want to play the game anymore ! He sent in an email but I know it's a lost cause . The same thing happened to me a while back when I was saving up for my second nest...I only lost 150 gold... But now I don't save gold like I used to...

Darkstorm2
08-22-12, 02:28 PM
Lol. I did that with 589 gold. Don't feel so bad!!!

ash717
08-22-12, 03:20 PM
This has happened to me twice. Once with a 220 gold expansion speed up - I emailed at least 20 times that week and NO response. Another was when I was looking at a new dragon in the market and it automatically put a charm egg (200 gold) in my nest when I had 3 already and I didn't click ANYTHING!

They won't do anything about it. Not even put a confirmation on these purchases. One of the many reasons why Team Lava is a terrible company. Don't get me started on their hike up on cost of food/reward, and cost of 2nd nests.

kori09
11-04-12, 02:46 PM
Hello TL, yesterday 11-3-12 I had 487 gold, when I played this morning it says I only have 177 gold. Where did all of my gold go? I have been saving for awhile for an infinity, and now it is gone!

mattyboo1
11-04-12, 02:59 PM
Email support@teamlava.com

kori09
11-04-12, 07:41 PM
I emailed. But I've emailed in the past with no response.

greygull
11-04-12, 08:00 PM
You should receive an automated response very quickly. If you haven't, check your spam folder, and double check the address you sent it to. It can take up to 5 business days for a reply from an agent.

gavanoff
11-12-12, 09:09 PM
My friend was getting on the other night and her game forced her into buying coins it didn't give her an option her gold was just gone over 80 :( It bought her a lot of coins but she didn't need them she needed gold is there anyway this could be fixed?? Please help :(

crissy9112
11-13-12, 07:51 AM
Gold count was at 89 this morning, installed FS Thanksgiving and received 60 pieces of gold from 2 neighbors, and my gold count is only at 115. What's going on!?

sweetstuff525
11-13-12, 08:01 AM
No way you received 60 gold max you can get is 20 a day

crissy9112
11-13-12, 09:01 AM
Nope, my gifts say 30 gold a piece.

sweetstuff525
11-13-12, 09:10 AM
Nope, my gifts say 30 gold a piece.

You should take a screen shot and post... It must be a glitch then

AmberFrisk
11-13-12, 09:30 AM
Hi,
Not sure how many have encountered this same issue, earlier in the evening I had 221 gold, when I logged into the game 5 hours later I had 141 gold. Somehow in the intervening 5 hours, 80 pieces of gold went missing and I know I didn't use any gold to speed up anything. This is I think the 3rd time this has happen to me, and I had raised this to teamlava before, but never received any response.

Tossa747
11-13-12, 10:21 AM
Gold and coins are dissapering for me too. Each time I close the game I lose about 10-20k coins and 2-3 gold, so I never close the game anymore.

kooky panda
11-13-12, 11:53 AM
You can email support@teamlava.com and they can check your game and let you know what happened to your gold.

Merging this thread with the other same topic thread.

UnoRaven
12-10-12, 10:49 AM
I just accidentally spent around 100 Gold on an expansion and I was wondering if there's any way I can get that back? As soon as I realized what I'd done (and almost threw my phone across the room) I put the game down. So is there any way that TL can undo that expansion and give me my gold back? This is the second time it's happened and it's really frustrating.

It's ridiculous that my gold is gone just because the game lagged and I hit expand twice.

I know that everyone wants a confirm button, and I'm sure that the reason they won't do it is because they want you to lose all of your gems/gold and buy more, but isn't there at least some undo option?

sunnybabi1986
12-10-12, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately, no. Although we all wish there was some hidden undo option :(

Nefertekas
12-10-12, 12:11 PM
no way to get it back; they have a no-refund policy !! And they won't be giving us a confirm button (it would be a failsafe against accidental spending). I spent 50 gold by mistake by tapping on the life dragon in the market. I know of people who wasted 300+ gold on buying maps for expansion, or on finishing the expansion, and one person actually wasted 760 gold :(

beware, the new trading and spell buildings present us with yet MORE gold traps, so we should all be wary of this.

Kami365
12-10-12, 07:25 PM
Last night I found my neighbors Gold gift which they give me everyday (Pending Gifts),some of are gone, I didn't collect pending gifts because I can remember who is gifting me,so I can return them,once I have my Gold gift quotas.This problem I found yesterday.Hope TL does find out.Thanks!

tbka
12-11-12, 05:34 AM
I have had this problem happen to me twice see post here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31834-Please-help)! First time in July. I have been back and forth with TL, and I still am trying to get my gold back. I would like to know if anyone has been able to receive there gold back, I would like to know.

LittleBoPeepWithAnAttitude
12-11-12, 03:40 PM
Just have to vent here:

I was scrolling through my market looking at potential dragons when my phone glitched and bought a firestorm dragon for 50 gold!

To make things worse, I was 45 mins away from a breeding pair finishing!!!

Gaaaarrrr!!!

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

kwhales
12-11-12, 03:41 PM
Accidently using gold....ummm yeah..twice..I got quick fingers.

grondai
12-11-12, 03:43 PM
Ya it is called a gold trap sir. People have lost hundreds more than you in one push of a button

kwhales
12-11-12, 03:44 PM
Like me.....lost 160 the first time and 300 then second....

PDAGuppies
12-11-12, 03:44 PM
But the problem is you can't get a refund

grondai
12-11-12, 03:48 PM
If they gave refunds I would act like I accidentally bought all the new dragons

kwhales
12-11-12, 03:49 PM

Yeah, but with most refunds, you have to return what you purchased.

12-11-12, 03:50 PM

Haha so true. It's a downer though, I almost uninstalled it after that.

grondai
12-11-12, 03:51 PM

That's too much work for anyone. They just need a confirm button

12-11-12, 03:51 PM

I did email TL about what happened, and if they take my dragon I really wouldn't mind.

12-11-12, 03:52 PM
That's too much work for anyone. They just need a confirm button

Agreed!

Nefertekas
12-11-12, 04:22 PM

They know what we spend gold on. When I had some issues with my game, they sent me an e-mail where they refferred the gold i had spent in speeding up some breedings. I was like, "wow. They CAN see what we spend and whatnot, so they can confirm when a person accidentally does something perfectly foolish like spend 50 on a firestorm or life dragon."

Yep. And still... :(

FlamingInferno
12-12-12, 04:04 AM
Is there a way to refund the coins u accidentally bought with 20 gold? I ussually do it! :(

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 03:08 AM
I just lost 400 gold today accidentally pressed fairy dragon!!! Is there a way to get it back.

henrylucky
01-03-13, 03:11 AM
No... :(
I'm Sorry to hear that :(

nmishii
01-03-13, 03:12 AM
No, sorry. Unfortunately TeamLava does not refund accidental purchases. It seems like they encourage accidental purchases, since they make it so easy to happen in all their games.

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 03:12 AM
Ughhhhh.

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 03:13 AM
Or maybe they can add a confirmation button next time!

ram511819
01-03-13, 03:18 AM
Yeah i think can add a confirmation button

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 03:19 AM
Im pulling off my hair!!

opanugie
01-03-13, 03:19 AM
yes i totally agree, because i accidentally pressed for fruitful that i hated most

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 03:21 AM
Already saved up 589 gold then went down to 189 so sad!!!!

ram511819
01-03-13, 03:21 AM
I played dragon story i signed it on storm 8 and when i exit it for a while, then i came back, i came back from the start (tutorial) where the click the blah blah blah

ram511819
01-03-13, 03:24 AM
I hate it. I want to join in teamlava and put a confirmation button.

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 03:24 AM
I played dragon story i signed it on storm 8 and when i exit it for a while, then i came back, i came back from the start (tutorial) where the click the blah blah blah

Is this part of the thread?

henrylucky
01-03-13, 03:27 AM
I was at same problem
I tried restart my device and it back to normal :)

opanugie
01-03-13, 03:49 AM
Already saved up 589 gold then went down to 189 so sad!!!!
ya i know it suck, i learned from it, don't too fast to touch the screen, sorry for the lost, i knew how its feel, but all happened

Sefyre
01-03-13, 03:55 AM
I think this has happened to nearly everyone in some fashion or another, unfortunately, and I agree that there needs to be a confirmation button. :(

I accidentally sped up a breeding because my device lagged and well, being that I had a longtime hatcher sitting in my nest, the speeding up of breeding was absolutely useless.

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 04:47 AM
Well i always speed up breeding or hatching it doesnt hurt that much. Except for buying a dragon!

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 04:48 AM
Although i do speed up eggs and breeding on purpose

cedkugedchgd
01-03-13, 05:12 AM
i once accidently spent 100 gems in zoo story 2 for an expansion :(

but hey! think positive guys, maybe teamlava is currently working on a confirm button! :)

FlamingInferno
01-03-13, 05:29 AM
I dont think they are. Because the more wrong clicks we do plenty of people will buy gold and thats why i dont think theyre making a confirmation button.

tr8on
01-03-13, 06:19 AM

Been fighting for that since City Story and Farm Story came out almost 2 years ago... still not there. Don't think it will happen. :/

faisal01911349250
01-03-13, 09:39 AM
Yeah I kno how u feel I lost 500 gold on a second elf when I accidentally pressed it after my fingers slipped

faisal01911349250
01-03-13, 09:43 AM
u know a funny thing my new year present was a lose of 500 gold cause it happened on the first day of 2013 I'm starting to believe that 13 really is a unlucky number

FlamingInferno
01-04-13, 01:49 AM
Yeah this is a bad start for the year. :( :( :(

FlamingInferno
01-04-13, 01:52 AM
Well at least my neigbor's are starting to send me gold. Time to forget this ever happened

faisal01911349250
01-04-13, 02:18 AM
I'm with u my nbrs r so good they r sending gold every day

FlamingInferno
01-04-13, 02:45 AM
BY THE WAY added u and posted on your wall! :)

FlamingInferno
01-04-13, 02:46 AM
Current Gold:196

FlamingInferno
01-04-13, 03:08 AM
I think i know how to stop this gold trap. Buy a fire dragon egg always! Only sell it if u have a breeding den finished.

Kami365
01-04-13, 05:01 AM
Yesterday I also lost 60 gold,accidentally pressed finished button of clearing Island.

hamadrys
01-04-13, 05:44 AM
Like many said : we need a confirm button. There is one when you sell one of the decoration, so why not when you buy something ?

FlamingInferno
01-04-13, 08:28 AM
There is no way Teamlava is refunding my gold!

suzysuzy35
01-04-13, 10:17 AM
Well I nearly lost 500 gold a min ago, when the pop up came up for the new gold mine, phew, I was very lucky.

suzysuzy35
01-04-13, 10:19 AM
Well I nearly lost 500 gold a min ago, when the pop up came up for the new gold mine, phew, I was very lucky.

Note to self: let all pop ups run there course and click exit.

habibass
01-07-13, 04:26 PM
Kooky, why have you closed the thread called "Confirmation for spending gold"? This thread is not about comfirmation button and gold trap, it is about a glitch of disappearing gold... Thats not the same thing...

Nefertekas
01-07-13, 05:04 PM
Have lost lots of gold & even more gems from castle from mistaken taps. Apple requires confirmation

One of the reasons that annoyed me to the point I lost interest in Castle Story, and wound up deleting it, was how darn easily my gems just whittled away. I mean, it's insanely easy to waste gems there. -,-

kooky panda
01-07-13, 05:37 PM
Kooky, why have you closed the thread called "Confirmation for spending gold"? This thread is not about comfirmation button and gold trap, it is about a glitch of disappearing gold... Thats not the same thing...
The discussions on this thread also include wanting a confirmation button.

faisal01911349250
01-08-13, 12:27 AM
Just lost 500 gold on the 1st of January, veryyyyyyyyyyyy frustrating

FlamingInferno
01-08-13, 04:45 AM
Current Gold: 240. Im trying to catch up here there are more neighbor request coming out of nowhere and they send me gold! Amd my wall is gonna be full soon because I can only send 3 gold per day so i pile up all my neighbors in my wall its like a list. I start from the bottom if u wanna see it add me: FlamingInferno

Nefertekas
01-08-13, 06:23 AM
Current Gold: 240. Im trying to catch up here there are more neighbor request coming out of nowhere and they send me gold! Amd my wall is gonna be full soon because I can only send 3 gold per day so i pile up all my neighbors in my wall its like a list. I start from the bottom if u wanna see it add me: FlamingInferno

I've noticed, your gold system's pretty cool actually. :) i don't habe enoughatience for that, but it's a good idea. X)

DragonHeart0
01-09-13, 04:27 PM
Hi all,

I posted the following message on the DragonStory feedback forum and KookyPanda redirected me here. My question is: has TL posted a formal reply to the request (which clearly many have made!) to have a confirmation button? Surely it cannot be of benefit to them to have people get so discouraged or annoyed that they leave.

Hi TL,

I love Dragon Story, but is there any chance you could put a confirm requirement on purchases? When we're working with touch screens and have to touch them for everything it is so easy to make mistakes! I just bought an egg I don't want and it cost me 50 gold bars and will take 14 hours to hatch, delaying the one that is almost ready to be produced by my mating ;o( This type of problem (and I am reading lots of people have this problem) is very discouraging.

I look forward to your response.

DragonHeart0

DragonHeart0
01-09-13, 04:31 PM

How can i post on my own wall? Can't figure it out ;o(

Lolas_Kryptonite
01-09-13, 04:40 PM
How can i post on my own wall? Can't figure it out ;o(

Menu, Overview, Wall - then type - then hit post.

DragonHeart0
01-09-13, 04:56 PM
Thanks!!

DragonHeart0
01-09-13, 04:57 PM
And thanks for helping me find you too ;o)

Lolas_Kryptonite
01-09-13, 05:04 PM
And thanks for helping me find you too ;o)

Haha, no probs ; )

doop01
01-10-13, 03:08 PM
I got caught buying a common dragon that cost a few hundred gold. Not happy. Complained but the answer was basically bad luck. I don't think that it's right that this can happen when people are buying gold with real money. I definitely think there should be a confirm button. I mean, there's a confirm button to sell the pavers for 10 coins!

01-15-13, 04:46 PM
What is your favourite method to avoid gold traps?

When I expand I remove - completely - my hands from anywhere near my screen. Gold traps when you expand are EXPENSIVE. I almost deleted my game (and emailed TL angrily) after my SECOND expand gold trap. It was more irritating because I was 9 gold off my goal the first time. Slowly clawing my way back to 250 gold.

I also make sure there is an egg in the nest before I look through the dragons.

What do you do?

galaxykeyz
01-21-13, 09:07 AM
Please teamlava add a confirmation button when using gold to make purchases. It's not fair that a lot of players are losing gold because of this problem, at least if there's a confirmation button, players can not have any complaints for thier gold usage.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-21-13, 09:31 AM
I, too, accidentally spent 400 gold on a dragon due to not being able to see well anymore and the button was too close to the arrow to move to another page. I sent a message to TL, but was told there's nothing they can do. We DESPERATELY need a confirmation button!!!

imagine449
02-06-13, 10:17 PM
Exact same thing happened to me today. I have been trying to decide what new ornaments or buildings to buy as I had reached somewhere over 300 gold, when I checked to see how long my expansion was going to take and was suddenly presented with a new area to clear. It is totally wrong for TeamLava not to have a confirm button. I play 5 games and don't know what I've spent (don't want to know!), but ... well, I am just repeating what you guys already wrote at this point. Anyway, I wrote them and will wait and see. At least I found a place to vent where I'm understood!

tempuraudon
02-22-13, 09:10 PM
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but may I suggest making the speed up button above buildings sensitive? I've been robbed of many gems because of this! Has anyone else experienced this? :confused:

floydtherooster
02-27-13, 08:27 PM
I think that there should be some type of confirmation dialogue when spending gold over a certain amount like 40 or 50. Those amounts aren't that common, so it wouldn't be a large inconvenience, and it could save people from having accidents similar to mine.

Sometimes Dragon Story lags a bit on my phone since it's 2 years old, but I really enjoy the game, so I put up with it. I had 184 gold, and I've been saving up so that I could get a second nest which costs 250. I was slowly but surely making my way there before I just had an 80 gold set back. I unlocked the final expansion on the initial island using coins and maps that I had received from friends (I think it was 25,000 coins and 4 maps) and since it automatically brings up the "how much time you have left" window, I was trying to hit the "wait" button. But at this point, the game decided to lag a bit, and I ended up pressing the "finish now" button on accident. Since there was 8 hours left, I just lost 80 gold due to a simple misclick.

I didn't mind waiting the 8 hours, and I didn't even have the coins to clear it anyway, so hurrying up the construction didn't benefit me at all. If there was a confirmation box for large gold expenditures, I could have avoided this. I know ultimately it is my fault for having a slow phone and misclicking, but it's still a bit disappointing. I doubt I'm the only one to have this happen, and if it was a smaller amount like 10, I wouldn't be bothered by it. However losing almost half of my gold is a huge set back and probably added several more months on to the time required to get my second nest unless I spend money.

111ace
02-28-13, 04:49 AM
Hey everyone,

Thank you for reading,
Quixote96

SEE!!! This is TEAMLAVA OF STORM8!!! Shame on them!!! I lost 700 gold due to the same incident & they have the gut to reply me the following!!! It's happening since sooo long ago & u tell me u forward the incident to the team now??? Return my 700 gold NOW!!!

[removed support email (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-in-the-forum) ]

Kvich
02-28-13, 05:01 AM
I personally haven't been a "victim" of them, but my girlfriend did accidental buy food for 100 gold at one time for me, duo to lag.
I personally wasn't frustrated with it, I certainly didn't need the food, and wanted to use the gold on something else, and a confirmation box would have helped on it, but I just shrugged at it and moved on.
Being patient and careful when doing stuff is the way to do it.
You know the wait/speed up box will appearer when you expand, so a little patience there will serve well. :)

Loxieland
02-28-13, 09:04 AM
Makes me upset and frustrated when it happens. Games are supposed to make you smile, not unhappy. If they would make many things that cost small amounts of gold, people would spend more. Instead of HUGE things that cost SO much. Then they wouldn't need gold traps.

nky1111
02-28-13, 09:15 AM
actually there is but u have to use it really fast. disconnect the internet or close the app. altho it won't undo the actions that buy the stuff immediately ( like special boxes.. but there aren' t any in DS??)

nky1111
02-28-13, 09:16 AM
i mean undo feature

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 09:46 AM
It finally happened to me. Was expanding, and had 28/64 maps. Went to tap the 'ask friends' button and hit buy with gold button instead, lost 360 gold :-(

A simple confirmation dialog for purchasing things for gold in the game is all that is needed. "You are buying ..... for xxx gold. Cancel or Confirm" that's it, an opportunity for no more "oops"

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 09:48 AM
Alternatively, put the "buy" button FURTHER AWAY from the other options if there is one like in the expand dialog where you have to ask for maps. But still a confirmation dialog is all that is required in every instance.

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 09:56 AM
Further thought, maybe only use a confirmation dialog for anything over 50 gold. Otherwise speeding breeding, hatching, evolving, can be a pain for the players. Most amount of gold to speed dragon breeding up is 44 currently so a 50 gold requirement before throwing in a confirmation dialog is reasonable.

salinho
02-28-13, 02:16 PM
It finally happened to me. Was expanding, and had 28/64 maps. Went to tap the 'ask friends' button and hit buy with gold button instead, lost 360 gold :-(

A simple confirmation dialog for purchasing things for gold in the game is all that is needed. "You are buying ..... for xxx gold. Cancel or Confirm" that's it, an opportunity for no more "oops"

Ouch. :( *hugs*

Indeed it is too easy to spend gold. But they keep ignoring our pleas. :(

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 06:04 PM
Ouch. :( *hugs*

Indeed it is too easy to spend gold. But they keep ignoring our pleas. :(

Yeah, kinda sucks, but I know there is nothing that can be done about it and I kinda get "why" TL doesn't refund gold. I'm not happy about it, but in the grand scheme of things, this is a minor issue.

I do hope they make some sort of "are you sure" dialog for the accident prone among us :-)

UberSkillz
02-28-13, 06:27 PM
Do you have the right to say where your money goes on this game if you click something by accident ? Do you see what this topic is galled "Gold Traps" ? Im sorry but if they are using traps in the game this is done intentional to make us spend gold or gems so that we can go buy some more to feed them money. Hence we do not get the right to say where our money goes because we are being trapped into spending it against our knowledge ... forgive me if im wrong but the posts above me must be wrong and your the right one ?

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 06:34 PM
Do you have the right to say where your money goes on this game if you click something by accident ? Do you see what this topic is galled "Gold Traps" ? Im sorry but if they are using traps in the game this is done intentional to make us spend gold or gems so that we can go buy some more to feed them money. Hence we do not get the right to say where our money goes because we are being trapped into spending it against our knowledge ... forgive me if im wrong but the posts above me must be wrong and your the right one ?

You're implying intent, and that is just not provable.

You have to remember that this game is designed for a phone (they should really do a version geared towards tablets/iPads, but not done yet) which means screen real estate is at a bit of a premium. You can only do so much in that space, so sometimes, you get issues with 'fat fingers' or just plain too quick at something and hit it wrong.

I just did it myself for the very first time, on my tablet no less (the stretched screen makes things a little bit bigger). Accidentally bought 36 maps when trying to request from friends instead. It happens. Oh well. Not a lot I can do about. The administrative nightmare to refund gold and items bought with gold is huge, you have no idea. I've been a programmer, I DO know.

Am I happy about it...Nope. Do I think it can be avoided in the future moving forward...Yes.

it's tricky to get a User Interface to work well in a small area (phone) but to say it's intentional is a bit irrational.

UberSkillz
02-28-13, 06:38 PM
Ok i can see you have valid points here but these are making millions per day from accidental purchases and people have been pleading for a confirm button since almost the start of these gem gold traps .. they could have easily added this function to the game buy now. I have done a little coding myself and know it would not take much effort at all to add this feature. Im sure if they did they would have a lot more paying and happy customers.

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 06:44 PM
Ok i can see you have valid points here but these are making millions per day from accidental purchases and people have been pleading for a confirm button since almost the start of these gem gold traps .. they could have easily added this function to the game buy now. I have done a little coding myself and know it would not take much effort at all to add this feature. Im sure if they did they would have a lot more paying and happy customers.

ok, THAT I definitely agree.

Actually, as I mentioned a few messages ago in this thread, I think a decent compromise can be done and make a confirmation dialog come up for anything above 50 gold. The buttons for speeding up breeding/hatching/evolution/trading/crafting are pretty big and if you accidentally hit that, you've lost $2 and a lot of people really want to speed these up.

It's more preventing accidentally buying a dragon or other things that may cost a lot more gold easily (36 maps at 10 each = 360 gold) (but 1 map at 10 gold, not a big deal, IMHO) should have some sort of extra check for the accident prone among us :D

UberSkillz
02-28-13, 06:49 PM
Agreed but they fail to do this hence i feel like we are being trapped into making them more money and i find this unacceptable especially that they can not or wont even do a 1 time restore of gold or gems you know ... id feel alot happier if i spend the 2000 gems on a diamond dragon and they restored just once ... i mean ?30 can feed a family for a day and was spent in one big swoop because of clicking a few pixels off and because the lack of a confirm button. Come on TL listen to your customers we need this you will make us so much happier. Leave the updates for a week or 2 and get that in im sure we would rather that than new ovens dragons or wheelbarrows.

doop01
03-01-13, 12:05 AM
I think I've lost close to 1000 gold all up since I've been playing. I' ve bought dragons, sped up breeding and finished expansion all by accident. They know it happens to most of us but don't care. It feels like it's that way on purpose and I think it's a horrible business practice. I don't think that having a confirm button would effect gold sales very much, if at all. I've seen so many people write that they refuse to buy anymore due to this. All it would do is restore faith and trust in T.L as honest in their dealings and practices.

UberSkillz
03-01-13, 01:30 AM
A response from a community manager would be great on here since we can not contact TL by phone. Email is not great sometimes i do not get a reply back. Show us your listening Dev's, Managers and listen to your community best practice as said above.

aluepembrokecorgi
03-01-13, 01:24 PM
There should be a confirm button when you are going to skip an island goal; I have wasted gold when I accidentally pressed the button trying to scroll down the list to look at the other parts to the goal. Please add a confirm button after pressing the pay gold buttons. Thank you.

floydtherooster
03-03-13, 09:42 AM
Tonguelashing. I understand the point you are trying to make that everything isn't as simple as it may seem. However, adding something like a secondary confirmation box on gold expenditures shouldn't be that hard. After all, they have windows like that pop up all the time if you click on the sell building or sell dragon buttons. Making something as simple as that for the gold expenditures, at least for large ones, would solve most (if not almost all) of the accidental gold expenditures that make people so frustrated and angry. I'm not saying they are intentionally making it easier for players to mispend gold, but you would think that if they really wanted to prevent it, they could easily add in that confirmation window.

I really enjoy the game, however I'm uninstalling it. I know that is simply my choice, but I'm tired of misclicking due to glitches or a second of lag that ends up wasting a huge chuck of gold that took me a long time to save up. Sure, I could spend money to get the gold back, but I don't think I should have to spend money in order to cover a mistake that could be circumvented in the first place. It seems like spending money in this instance would be like rewarding bad behavior. But as I said, I enjoy the game, but after I just accidentally mispent a large amount of gold again, I realize that I'm never going to be able to save up the required amount without misclicking or having a second of lag now and then, and rather than spending another few months storing up gold again, I'm just going to uninstall the game and not deal with the frustration. I'm not saying that the game is bad, it is just too frustrating for me due to the fact that this is an issue for a large amount of players and nothing is done. Adding the confirmation window would completely bypass the issue of refunding gold due to mistakes, but yet isn't added.

floydtherooster
03-03-13, 09:46 AM
Ah, it looks like I missed a page of posts and you already mentioned some of the points I brought up.

focus04
03-12-13, 03:55 PM
Hello, as I have been aware and have un I to this problem before I would request,no implore a confirm button when buying anything with gold.
Also if you(the programers) would kindly make the buttons further apart in the expanding box.the button to pay with coins or gold is way to close.the first time it happened to me it was when I first started playing the game with my son,so a few gold was ok but we were careful after that. But as it happened that the game froze as it does several times a day.my son hit the expand button again only to see he had spent over 400 gold,close to $10 dollars on expanding.
I have already contacted teamlava and am currently waiting a responce.
A confrim button would go really far to fix this problem
Thank you focus04

focus04
03-12-13, 06:43 PM
I just heard back from them, no luck.

focus04
03-12-13, 07:05 PM
I love the reply but they told me they good not restored gold for any game please regardless if it was accidental

Vahleru
03-15-13, 06:33 PM

Makes no difference if you contact team lava, they just say there are glitches in the game

nancydrew88
03-19-13, 03:56 AM
This must be included in a future update. Like, really soon. I think we can wait for new dragons but not a Gold Spend confirmation popup. We've waited too long.

dragonmaster1059
03-21-13, 09:12 AM
I`ve been saving gold to potentially buy some high priced decoration. Had 450 stored up. Earlier today I saw the announcement on the new easter dragon. Opened up the market to see if it was there. Was scrolling across the red dragons, accidently clicked on the eagle dragon picture which was right next to the scroll button. Poof! I have an eagle egg and 400 less gold. No warning, no confirmation, no nothing. Last thing I need is another eagle. This is pretty broken.

dragonmaster1059
03-21-13, 09:16 AM
Oh and ps... ironically the easter dragon does not seem to exist (andriod)! What a waste.

pegasus14
03-21-13, 10:59 AM
The gold trap has hit almost all of us at one point or another. That's why I don't use real money anymore because of these questionable business practices of not giving us a confirmation button. To avoid that particular gold trap, I always keep my egg nests full until I need them.

codenameraven
03-21-13, 11:13 AM
I emailed support in January about an issue and every few weeks since then.... I keep getting the run around .... so good luck and dont hold your breath...I lost over 500 gold in a known and fixed glitch.... still no resolution....

tonguelashing
03-21-13, 03:08 PM
Oh and ps... ironically the easter dragon does not seem to exist (andriod)! What a waste.

it's available on Android, just need to install the Easter edition of Dragon Story (which does seem silly to me) but it is still available.

DragonTan1
03-21-13, 03:09 PM
I tried to expand, but I needed more maps... so I'm trying my best to hit the ''ask friends'' and not to touch the buy it now with gold!! I hit the ask friends so many times and it wouldn't connect!! I lost count how many times I tried, it annoyed me so much because if I bought the maps I would've lost 360 gold.

Why are these tabs so so small? Do they really have to be so close to eachother?!! It's obvious TL wants you to buy the maps with gold... after trying to ask friends for over 30 mins to send maps it went through!! Please fix this TL, thanks.

tonguelashing
03-21-13, 03:14 PM
I tried to expand, but I needed more maps... so I'm trying my best to hit the ''ask friends'' and not to touch the buy it now with gold!! I hit the ask friends so many times and it wouldn't connect!! I lost count how many times I tried, it annoyed me so much because if I bought the maps I would've lost 360 gold.

Why are these tabs so so small? Do they really have to be so close to eachother?!! It's obvious TL wants you to buy the maps with gold... after trying to ask friends for over 30 mins to send maps it went through!! Please fix this TL, thanks.

Remember you can only send out one request to a neighbor per day. So if you have 20 neighbors and you've sent each one of them a request today, you can't request again until tomorrow.

DragonTan1
03-21-13, 03:35 PM
Remember you can only send out one request to a neighbor per day. So if you have 20 neighbors and you've sent each one of them a request today, you can't request again until tomorrow.

Yeah I knew that thanks, the problem I was having was the ask friends button wasn't connecting and it was really annoying.. Also the pressure of hitting the buy it now didn't help lol

winkysy
03-21-13, 04:41 PM
i lost gold everytime the game crashes and its happening very frequently now. i'm on ios. i used gold to speed breed speed hatch and boost breed but when the game crashes, my gold amount reduced but my egg remains in the nest ( which i hv used gold to speed hatc), my dragons in the den ( which i have used gold to speed breed) n there were no dragons in the den (when i used 50 gold!!!! to boost breed)! gold gone but job not done. write to support??? i certsinly did! resoonse? i certainly got! it's a sync issue aka their server problem but they can's restore lost items lost gold lost storage lost collectables! refer you to forum for more info. asked to restart my device and DS game app EVERY time i want to play my DS !! every time i want to play i restart my device?!?!?!?!? speechless...... sigh.......

jrwheoki
03-23-13, 09:25 AM
(http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48592-Here-s-how-to-STORE-dragons-in-STORAGE)

Here is my story on losing gold...technically not a gold trap cause my daughter clearly pushed the buy buttons.... But a cautionary tale as it is another way for huge amounts of gold to disappear from your account with a single click....

warrior61280
03-23-13, 10:24 AM
Solution: Add gold confirmation
Resolution: Here it is how many moons later since OP and provided what solution?
Status: Gold confirmation - not happening (you place it in the file with resolved customer support tickets about customers unintentionally using gold)
Personal action: Be careful and never buy gold again

infinitelove19
03-23-13, 10:29 AM
Another option I don't see mentioned anywhere that could help prevent accidental purchases is allowing us to place gold into storage. That way, we can keep the amount we are planning to use on hand & if we did have an accident, it would be whatever size we were willing to risk. I would only keep 49 gold on hand, so I couldn't purchase ANY dragons!!!

After two recent accidental purchases of mermaid and snowman (pop-up direct-to-buy, you've GOT to be kidding me!!!)
I'm only EVER going to buy $10 worth of gold at a time. I just can't take it anymore.

Normally I like to purchase things, including gold, to get the best deal, which means spending more, but if it means I'm just going to LOSE it, it's not much of a deal. :-/

salinho
03-23-13, 12:00 PM
After two recent accidental purchases of mermaid and snowman (pop-up direct-to-buy, you've GOT to be kidding me!!!)
I'm only EVER going to buy $10 worth of gold at a time. I just can't take it anymore.

Yeah, this is nuts!! I was going to collect food and up popped the snowman... Thankfully i'm 69 gold short of the needed ammount. I got the message saying "not enough gold!"

This just keeps getting worse...

infinitelove19
03-23-13, 01:03 PM
Yeah, this is nuts!! I was going to collect food and up popped the snowman... Thankfully i'm 69 gold short of the needed ammount. I got the message saying "not enough gold!"

This just keeps getting worse...

Lucky you?!?! It is ridiculous, for sure. And as someone else said, TL is definitely COSTING themselves purchases, because they are upsetting their customers & refusing to address the issue in any way that might keep their customers happy.

If you alienate/upset enough of your customer-base there won't be any customers or complaints to worry about. Not the smartest business approach. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. :-/

CoreysDrags
03-24-13, 05:11 PM
Its all on purpose. I'll never buy gold after losing 600 to the snowman popup (that went straight to storage).

Inexcusable and exploitative business practices don't deserve to be rewarded. I've bought plenty of IAP from other companies, but never teamlava because of this very thing.

Spent a year building up that much gold. All gone. The only shocking thing is it took this long to get caught by a big trap instead of the small ones I've been hit by so far.

deadpixel
03-24-13, 07:23 PM
I'm guessing that this thread is meant purely for griping and venting only cause if you're hoping to use a forum posting to move their hands then you're in for some serious disappointments. I've been playing TL games since Farm Story was first released and have been in their forums since before they required users to login with their Storm8 ID and I've yet to see them officially respond to these Gold/Gem/Whatever postings, let alone make a change to these Gold/Gem/Whatever "traps".

I wouldn't bother turning to Apple's App Store or the Android Market either cause this is entirely out of their hands. As far as they're concerned, we willing purchased the Gold/Gems and beyond that, they could not careless what we did or accidentally did with the purchase. The farthest they'll go is to give us a refund for the purchase of the app and since the TL games are free :cool:

Sending emails to TL Support for Gold/Gem refunds, spent as a result of an accidental or ignorant tap, is also a waste of time and resources. They aren't going to give you a refund or restore your Gold/Gems for the simple reasons that 1) It would set a bad precedence and 2) They cannot tell if you really did make an accidental tap or are just regretting your purchase. Why is it a waste on resources? Do you know how much storage space is used to store your email? Not just the original on the email provider of your choice, but the other servers the email has to pass through and the backups of all these servers :confused:

This is purely fantasy, but I imagine that each time such emails are received, they get routed to a special "JokeBox" folder where there's probably an app, which randomly picks one or more of these emails and reads them aloud over the PA system a couple of times a day so everyone gets a good laugh. After the daily laugh therapy sessions (laughter is good for the soul after all) they then dive back to work on more serious issues that affect actual game play and designing new updates for us.

Understand that TL isn't the only company out there that design their games in this way; there are many and their numbers grow each day. Posting in their forums about such things that they have obviously spent time strategizing on is always an exercise in futility. If we wanted to move them, the best and only method to use would be to turn to the press and convince them to write a story on how gaming companies are all jumping on this money spinning bandwagon; seriously, I'm pretty sure it would make a great story on the newspapers and may even move some of these companies to more ethical designs.

Oh! In case anyone thinks that I'm just one of those lucky or careful ones that have never been burnt, I'll clarify to let you know that I have this wonderful Super Dragon in one of my habitats that I really didn't intend to buy ;)

DaynasouR
03-25-13, 06:10 AM
When Left and Right Heart Dragons first came out I spent a total of 250 gold bars to speed up the breeding but never got them. After 1 day guess what? It turned out to be a "glitch" and I got both of them on the 1st try afterwards!!

LilMzB4Life
03-26-13, 04:51 AM
So frustrating!!! I just lost 250 gold bars on food that I didn't even want!!! I want my gold back please!!!!

esmeetje1990
03-26-13, 09:00 AM
I'm usually very careful... But just now I lost 500 gold by buying an Elf dragon because of the stupid popup. And I already had two of those. So much for saving up... I'm really mad right now! And actually considering quitting. I only have 26 gold left now. Arghhh

ennah
04-02-13, 02:14 PM
I just lost 1900, that's right, 1900 gold from the Chocolate Dragon popup. I was collecting coins from my habitats when the game suddenly refreshed and then boom, I ended up buying the dragon. I also lost 700 gold from expansion few weeks ago. So now, most of the gold that I've been saving since the week Dragon Story was released is gone. I play DS for enjoyment, not to feel upset and frustrated. I no longer have any motivation to play so yea :/ So dissapointed...

maximinidan
04-02-13, 06:16 PM
I just lost 1900, that's right, 1900 gold from the Chocolate Dragon popup. I was collecting coins from my habitats when the game suddenly refreshed and then boom, I ended up buying the dragon. I also lost 700 gold from expansion few weeks ago. So now, most of the gold that I've been saving since the week Dragon Story was released is gone. I play DS for enjoyment, not to feel upset and frustrated. I no longer have any motivation to play so yea :/ So dissapointed...

Same thing happened to me! and TeamLava can't do anything about it... I call BS, they already have my money, so they don't need to do anything. Sooo frustrating. You would think I would've learnt my lesson last week accidentally buying a firework dragon. I already have both those dragons, and now I'm out 2660 gold!!! I think I'm through with all TeamLava games. It makes no sense to me that they would prefer losing a client over their virtual money. Shame, really.

fitfunsparkle
04-02-13, 06:21 PM
I'm usually very careful... But just now I lost 500 gold by buying an Elf dragon because of the stupid popup. And I already had two of those. So much for saving up... I'm really mad right now! And actually considering quitting. I only have 26 gold left now. Arghhh

The EXACT same thing happened to my husband with that elf dragon!

fitfunsparkle
04-02-13, 06:27 PM
While i did answer yes, i have not been a victim of a gold trap in dragon story, but have been in castle story and jewel mania. It only takes once in a game like castle story to start being careful in other games like that, which is why i havent had any trouble in dragon. However in jewelmania it is ridiculous since on a timed level you are swiping the screen to the last millisecond and end up hitting the button to buy more time.

mjtang
04-03-13, 01:34 AM
Few weeks ago, I lost 100 gold due to accidental purchase of food. Several days after the 100 gold loss, i lost anothe 700 gold accidentally finishing the expansion of land due to game delay response.

kms899
04-03-13, 05:27 AM
many people has had there problem, i've spent gold to purchase coins, i've already had so many coin and nothing to spend it on.

I think TL should step up and post something here.

elwood99
04-03-13, 06:00 AM
I now stop expanding and no longer click on mkt nor album. Lost 600 gold on mythic dragon. I was saving for diamond 

DragonTan1
04-03-13, 06:33 AM
Never, but once I almost did! I needed 2 gold otherwise it would've took my 498 gold lol

Bellicules
04-03-13, 06:48 AM
I just lost 600 on a Mythic dragon by swiping my thumb to see what else was in the market

LilMzB4Life
04-03-13, 11:04 AM
I have stopped by gold altogether since they don't want to refund what I loss. It has been tempting by the gold sale that keeps popping up but I remind myself of the 250 gold bars I lost to unwanted food (before increased amounts) and I refrain. I refuse to lose my gold like that again therefore I can't lose what I don't have.

funnyrandomness5112
04-03-13, 05:04 PM
I have stopped by gold altogether since they don't want to refund what I loss. It has been tempting by the gold sale that keeps popping up but I remind myself of the 250 gold bars I lost to unwanted food (before increased amounts) and I refrain. I refuse to lose my gold like that again therefore I can't lose what I don't have.

Very Wise, Very Wise///

DestinysChild
04-03-13, 08:57 PM
Based on the Poll so far almost 71% have said "Yes! so frustrating!" WOW! Along with those who voted they "know it will eventually happen" others who say they are very careful also know they may eventually encounter a glitch or lag. This has been a source of frustration for me in all the TL games. I have lost Gems several times on Bakery & Restaurant because of a freeze up. I lost Gold in DS just last week finishing a habitat "accidently". These are no accidents - the game was created and formatted for small screens. During testing I am sure they were well aware that mistaps, glitches and lags would spend gold/gems! As others have said (also in Bakery & Restaurant Forums) a confirm button has been requested of the developers from the beginning. Maybe they will take notice of the poll results??

sassylis
04-08-13, 01:47 AM
Agggghh I am absolutely furious, I have three nests and had just emptied one and was looking through the list of dragons in the market to see what combo to do for my next dragon and I caught a poison dragon costing 300 gold instead of the arrow to scroll and because Team Lava are greedy and don't ask if you are sure you want to proceed with this action I got another dragon which I surely don't need!! I'm level 94 so I know how this works as it happened to me right at the very beginning of playing this game but thankfully was a 50 gold dragon. Come on Team Lava listen to your players and put a pop up so we can say no rather than just doing it and taking our hard earnt gold, it took me months to save that and I'm under no illusion that you will take the poison dragon away and replace my 300 gold!!!!!!

wassupbaby
04-08-13, 02:01 AM
Ouch ! Im so sorry :(

nylear13
04-08-13, 04:01 AM
It's too dangerous to scroll through the market like this I've clicked on dragons accidentally more than a few times too but luckily I've nvr had enough gold to actually purchase one. Usually when I want to look through the dragons I'd just pop over to the egg chart

sweetstuff525
04-08-13, 04:50 AM
I read that even if your nests are full and you are ios you can still accidently buy a dragon since it goes to your storage

annbluebird
04-08-13, 08:08 AM
Android. Not yet

knj00
04-08-13, 08:22 AM
I read that even if your nests are full and you are ios you can still accidently buy a dragon since it goes to your storage

Yes, this happened with me and Snowman :( I didn't even know if it was a purchase they could go in storage until Snowman.... good old snowman... snowman.. I see them in my sleep along with the missing gold.

jmterao
04-08-13, 08:33 AM
Yep, the market has caught me as well. Now the only time I go into the market and look at the dragons is when I have less than 300 gold. I also have learned not to check my expansion progress. Just leave it be. It will be done when its done. I cant tell you how many times I have gotten a notice saying that I did not have enough gold to buy or do something when my intent was not to buy or do that "something".

Much less stressful to just keep the amount of gold you have on hand to a minimum.

teogionia
04-09-13, 11:49 AM
I have lost gold 3 times, first clicked on magic egg and it jumped on open nest immediately, since then I kept nests occupied, but elf pop up stole my gold again, I touched it accidentally and instead of asking for eggs to hatch first its stored in the storage, yeap, egg storage is not a myth. It just does not work on eggs your dragons produce. Then I clicked on food too :(( So in sum I wasted 950 gold bars. Conclusion - I enjoy this game as long as its FREE

saythelove
04-09-13, 11:14 PM
I just accidentally wasted 100 Gold for 7500 Food in Dragon Story. So many people are experiencing such problem and TL refuses to make any changes to this issue by simply adding in confirmation notification before validation?! TL ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS? No wonder all games kept having people quitting when you don't think of the welfare for players who spent time loading your game, making effort to close every SINGLE useless advertisement you put us on before being able to play the game. Worse you upset those who buy gold using real cash for better usage and ended up being wasted like that!!

salinho
04-12-13, 02:00 AM
I wonder if this is the current "gold comaints" thread. I was looking for it but could not find it.
Just a few minutes ago, I was redecorating my island. Moved on to the big island on the far right, where i have only 2 more expansions to go, and one of them is currently in-progress, on the bottom of said island.
I moved to the TOP of the island - where I have my habitats - and what do you know, the sign for expansion shows up. I'm like, "what??"

I tap cancel. Or at least I think I do... Boom, when I look at my gold - 498 gold GONE.

Confusion. Stress. Panic. Lots of anger, mostly. I immediatly open settings and turn of the wi-fi connection... Ad then I opened the Dragon Story app. It said "connection failed" , so I closed the app.
Waited a few moments, turned wi-fi back on, opened the app... And luckily my gold is still there!!

Beware - I "bought" a really expensive expansion and I didn't even tap on it!! Plus I cancelled!! What?? I'm thinking it might have been the palm of my hand that touched it (iPad has a big screen, right?) but I still can't understand what in the world happened for me to tap "buy" or whatever that button is. As soon as the pop-up appeared, I cancelled. That I am sure. Unless when i tapped on one of the habitats, it assumed that tap to be "buy". This is so not cool!!

DragonTan1
04-12-13, 07:14 AM
Gold confirmation... never gonna happen! How else are TL going to eat?! :S

I haven't fell for the a gold trap but I did once almost buy a dragon for 600 gold I think. What ever the price was.. I was 2 gold short! Lucky me, I'm even more careful than I was before.

lunarbunny
04-12-13, 12:48 PM
Infinitelove19 had a great idea! I have been victim to food purchases, only 20 gold no biggie a couple of times, but my most recent was 200 gold on a magic dragon! I think that a storage place dedicated to gold would be amazing! I would take that over even a confirmation button even. That way you wouldn't have to worry about wasting it and you could keep a little on hand. Please take notice of these suggestions that the players give you TL that way everyone can be happy! Happier players purchase more gold and play longer :)

cityfan
04-12-13, 04:27 PM
Today I lost 600 gold, because I accidentally clicked the Buy button on the notice for the Left Heart!!!!
I have left hearts by the dozens in my habitats, waiting to be traded.
SIX HUNDRED GOLD!!! That's almost a year's worth of my 3/day gifts.

Come on TL, please listen to your players. A gem confirmation will only be a GOOD thing. Nobody likes being robbed!

KI_Ghost
04-12-13, 04:31 PM
I lost 500gold too :( roseDragon!!!!! because of the lag at the start when i opened the the game ... so frustrating! :(

Bellaira
04-12-13, 09:26 PM
So been playing for a long time, lvl 85, and today was the first time I have wanted to delete and never play again.

I get the notification so I am all like yay! My dragons are done breeding, only to open the game and get told "What do you want to do with this Left heart Dragon?" I think to myself, a left heart? I was breading for a Mythic/Easter dragon, and since when does that pop up first? I ignore it thinking it was a bug. Only once going through the rest of the pop ups I look....I only have 100g....I just had 700 an hour ago...

Your game bought me a dragon that I A) Didn't want B) Gave no consent to spend my gold that I paid real money for on, its like someone using your credit card to buy you a cake when you already had a cake and C) I already had that dragon!

How this happened I don't know. I have not been able to get any resolution to this. I just wanted to share my issue and feelings because I feel like I was robbed and I truly was. Money was taken without my consent.

opanugie
04-12-13, 10:03 PM
So darn i just lost 600 golds on left heart dragon that i dont want, better i'm use to buy clock dragon, hateee pop up !!!!!

Christiana12345
04-13-13, 07:16 AM
Ouch. Im sorry. TL should just have button that say "pop up" so we can read it anytime we want.
Luckily, I dont get gem sale pop ups in Fashion Story

opanugie
04-13-13, 07:54 AM
yes, there is no pop up on fashion, i play that too, we're so lucky, but on dragon the pop up is to risky, they have buy button, its gonna be risk to our gold. In fashion there is also a trap just be careful, there is a add slot order that cost 49gems, i accidentally push that slot twice, so i alreaddy lost for 98 gems .... so sad

dragonmaster1059
04-13-13, 08:05 AM
I found a solution to the gold trap issue. After my post a month ago,I uninstalled all my TL games. Haven't had a moment of stress about lost gold since. There are a million other free games out there. Life is too short, move on.

cityfan
04-13-13, 11:21 PM
Me too!! And tons of others, I bet........I actually thought TL had listened and done something about this.
On another game I play, I lost gems on something I already had because of a time lag popup thingie, wrote to them and they returned my gems. Never gonna happen here.....

I don't know how come the powers that be at TL don't see that by adding the confirmation button, many more players, myself included, who don't currently buy any gems, would start buying them with real money.

Bovo71
04-15-13, 01:25 AM
Same thing happened to me with the Fireworks Dragon. I was so angry at time as I'd already had one and another was pretty pointless.

I think the TL designers have missed the point of what Dragon Story is all about... that is breeding dragons.
Getting that buzz of getting something new.

Getting this pop-up offer Dragon sort of goes against the main theme of the game.

I think it's great to have the option, but leave it in the Market Place... not in a place that is susceptible to blind tapping.

I hope that TL address this.

I feel your pain... absolutely love the game, but features like this put you off and if it continues, maybe forever.

yusefzai
04-15-13, 08:46 AM
So i started a new thread about an UNDO BUTTON and we were referred to continue on this thread... Continue to rant i guess, there are so far 201 frustrated players out of 280 just because of this issue according to the poll. So what now? Are they gonna do something? I lost over 100 gems in Bakery Story in only 3 instances.

yusefzai
04-15-13, 08:52 AM
I found a solution to the gold trap issue. After my post a month ago,I uninstalled all my TL games. Haven't had a moment of stress about lost gold since. There are a million other free games out there. Life is too short, move on.

This is also my husband's advice... One more "lag and gem disappearing act" then i'm gone. I play to have fun, and i wont waste my time on something that makes me upset. Ive invested so much to make my restaurant the way it is now (not so hPpy with my bakery) but i can do it again in a different game :>

josey12
04-17-13, 04:58 PM
I play bakery story and saw this link on that forum. I had just got a puppy about 9 months ago and I was sitting on the couch playing in my bakery when my puppy ran and jumped in my lap, my phone went flying out of my hand and of course the puppy went after the phone she was stepping all over it and when I picked it up it had a message thanking me for spending 100 gems on some crazy amount of coins. I begged and pleaded with Teamlava explaining everything that happened and told them I had no reason to buy coins I'm on level 99 and have pleanty of money. Why in the world would I buy coins more? After emailing back and forth with several Teamlava people someone finally said to bad you should be more careful end of discussion. Needless to say I was fuming mad and didn't play for a long time, I wish I could have stayed away forever but I couldn't. They really need a conformation button, it's just not fair to not have one

WinniePoooh
04-26-13, 12:14 PM
I can't buy gold. I saved for months until to have 500 to buy a new dragon. Already missed the rose dragon I hadn't enough gold when it was taken off. Yesterday I wanted so much to buy the Easter dragon, I needed to hatch another egg, then I open the market to buy it, but I saw new dragons and I clicked on the i (info) of the Cosmic dragon to read about it and opl?, I Purchased it without to want it. I don't even like it and I haven't even enough coins to buy its habitat, so it will sit in the nest for days. And my possibilities to buy the Easter dragon that I like so much is ended as you made it limited.
You need to introduce a confirmation button when items cost gold, or an undo button. This is unacceptable, I'm very unhappy. If at least selling the cosmic dragon could have back my gold, I would do it. I don't want the cosmic dragon, I want the easter dragon and I can't pay for it :-(

WinniePoooh
04-26-13, 12:22 PM
They don't refund anything.
If they reply, they tell to you what you used the gems or the gold for, lol, thanks.
I'm very angry as I can't buy anymore the dragon I wanted, because it is limited, I didn't mind to wait other months to wait for it, this is very unfair.

keeli84
05-02-13, 07:27 PM
I just accidentally spent 740 gold on a stupid clown dragon! I touched the screen right as the pop-up saying it was now limited came up & it immediately bought one! Didn't it just send you to the market screen before? Not buy it right then. This is so frustrating. I'm getting more fed up with TL everyday.

I've always been super careful not to accidentally spend gold but they keep finding new ways to trick people. I had already lost a few this week after the update changed the button at the bottom of the screen to the speed up button instead of the button to bring up the screen with that option. I was also already angry that they are now removing dragons that were never previously said to be limited edition...How much[]does TL think people will take?

I'm going to write support. I know they won't refund gold but they should still know their customers are angry and dissatisfied. I would encourage everyone else who is sick of this stuff to write as well. I certainly don't plan on buying anymore gold if they are just going to keep putting in new ways to trick people into spending it whether they want to or not.

keeli84
05-02-13, 10:00 PM
I emailed TL support immediately following my above post. I received what i assume is an automated response saying they are receiving a high volume of emails right now and will get to mine as soon as possible...makes me think lots of players are letting them know they are unhappy.

Perhaps it is having some effect because I just noticed in my game that the speed up process is back to how it was before the last update (button at bottom of screen brings up a window with speed up option, not automatically does the speed up). I also seemed to receive less pop-ups at start up.

Keep emailing support if you are unhappy. Maybe TL is finally getting the message!

keeli84
05-02-13, 10:32 PM
Never mind. After another restart everything is back to the way it was right after I updated.

WinniePoooh
05-03-13, 04:48 PM
I bought accidentaly the cosmic dragon only clicking on the "i" for info.
I saved gold for months and I had decided to buy the Easter dragon as it was limited, so I lost the chance.
More I had to wait a week to have enough coins to buy the Cosmic dragon habitat.
I mailed to them and they replied telling that they will pass the info to the game people. But my result didn't change.

I just accidentally spent 740 gold on a stupid clown dragon! I touched the screen right as the pop-up saying it was now limited came up & it immediately bought one! Didn't it just send you to the market screen before? Not buy it right then. This is so frustrating. I'm getting more fed up with TL everyday.

I've always been super careful not to accidentally spend gold but they keep finding new ways to trick people. I had already lost a few this week after the update changed the button at the bottom of the screen to the speed up button instead of the button to bring up the screen with that option. I was also already angry that they are now removing dragons that were never previously said to be limited edition...How much[]does TL think people will take?

I'm going to write support. I know they won't refund gold but they should still know their customers are angry and dissatisfied. I would encourage everyone else who is sick of this stuff to write as well. I certainly don't plan on buying anymore gold if they are just going to keep putting in new ways to trick people into spending it whether they want to or not.

peliassos
05-16-13, 12:13 AM
Well same story. Accidentally bought 250 gold worth of food, 18,750 food that is. Level 94 for a while now, I don't need no coins or food, as anyone can imagine. I was saving up for the Treasure Dragon. Sent my mail to support, which will be mostly ignored as far as I can understand from all the entries here. You know what? I had nearly 400 gold, was gonna buy the rest at 400 gold, actually. (Bad idea, keeping a sum of gold/gem at a TeamLava game). Someone can buy half of 800, but mate I'm not buying 650 gold, not after this incident. Thus, if support decides to give me my gold back, that will be good for TeamLava, cause they will get more of my money. Else? Well I won't die without a Treasure Dragon. But I refuse to buy more gold just because they won't implement a confirm screen...
And this is coming from someone who actually loves and plays majority of the games they've so far released... Buys a little something from time to time. Not today though, I got really angry/frustrated with this loss. Just do something, we all beg you TeamLava team...

peliassos
05-16-13, 05:39 PM
okay, last whiny post. actually, I won't even whine in this one. I just spun the wheel 10+ times with all the gold I had left. it was fun. much more fun than I would get by expanding into new area in 1 seconds. I don't even care that the best thing I got was the 1000 food

sassymilo
05-19-13, 05:16 PM
I just spent 500 gold to buy a dragon egg I already have! :-( I just clicked on it to view it's info and bam, 500 gold gone and a duplicate dragon I will just vendor. I have been savin for weeks for the treasure dragon that costs 800 gold. Now I'm down to 2. I put in a ticket and I am not playing any more story games until all 500 gold is restored!

laurelsail
05-30-13, 08:21 AM
Seriously, Team Lava! I was just getting to the point of feeling it was okay to invest in gems for Dragon Story and you go and switch it so that if you were checking how much time is left for breeding or expanding it automatically cost gold with NO WARNING! I lost 730 gold in less than 24 hours!...with no recourse to get them back. In all the years of my marketing career, this type of thing is exactly what NOT to do. I've lost many neighbors in all of your story games and have learned to be very careful about gem traps...and Dragon Story was the safest, that is, until yesterday! Would it be so difficult to put up a confirmation warning before someone spends gems inadvertently like you do before you sell something? I think in the long run your games would remain more active and vibrant, you would have more people investing in gems comfortable in the fact that they will be able to use them for what they want. I understand that you want/need players to invest in gems/gold...and I have in the past but will not again until these gem traps are more transparent. In my professional opinion this would be a much more effective marketing strategy and you would come out ahead in the long run. At this point I am about done with your story games and I apologize to my neighbors for that.

~laurelsail

peliassos
05-30-13, 07:44 PM
New gem trap indeed.. I do not keep many gems on me anymore, neither buy gems in protest after losing a lot few weeks ago.. Still managed to lose half the gems I acquired since the last incident by accelerating something totally silly... Removing the only confirmation that existed in the game and placing in it place an instant "buyout for gems" is not acceptable.. Not cool at all. I am pissed even more that I was, if that is indeed possible...

heidiruth
05-30-13, 10:03 PM
With the advent of the new gem trap, I will certainly not be sticking around. Hitting the button to check breeding time is second nature to me. So of COURSE if you change it to auto spend my gold I'm gonna accidentally hit it a few times. I was saving for treasure dragon, but having now lost 50 gold in the past day because they can't give us a confirmation screen, I don't really see a point in playing anymore. It was fun while it lasted.

[S8] Elsa
06-03-13, 12:44 PM
The new feature is now available to all users.

ETA: Just to clarify, a minimum version of 1.4 is required for this feature.

annbluebird
06-03-13, 01:12 PM
The new feature is now available to all Dragon Story users. :)

confirmation ?
wow great ! tyvm ! you will have the recognition of many players

glitterbabies
06-03-13, 01:16 PM
The new feature is now available to all Dragon Story users. :)

so it will confirm you want to use gold BEFORE it charges you the gold now? I'm tempted to test it but don't want to lose gold in case it doesn't work on kindle...

annbluebird
06-03-13, 01:19 PM
so it will confirm you want to use gold BEFORE it charges you the gold now? I'm tempted to test it but don't want to lose gold in case it doesn't work on kindle...

yep lets have a confirmation for this too :) joke

glitterbabies
06-03-13, 01:21 PM
yep lets have a confirmation for this too :) joke

nope. I just hit finish on my moon dragon that was evolving and it took the gold without asking for confirmation. Luckily it was only 1 piece of gold wasted on this test.

annbluebird
06-03-13, 01:29 PM
nope. I just hit finish on my moon dragon that was evolving and it took the gold without asking for confirmation. Luckily it was only 1 piece of gold wasted on this test.

Oh then I wonder what was PonyRoar talking about !

glitterbabies
06-03-13, 01:30 PM

good question. Hopefully somone will explain. Don't test it out though if you don't want to waste gold.

[S8] Elsa
06-03-13, 01:54 PM

To clarify, a minimum version of 1.4 is required to access this feature. This feature is not currently available on Android devices.

yayacupcake
06-03-13, 01:57 PM
To clarify, a minimum version of 1.4 is required to access this feature. This feature is not currently available on Android devices.

Just like everything else, guess it's a feature. Android doesn't get "features".

annbluebird
06-03-13, 01:58 PM

Ok .. you said "all users".. that s why.
android AND kindle devices?

yayacupcake
06-03-13, 01:58 PM

And by the same coin, Kindle would not have access to it either.... or Windows Phones :o .

glitterbabies
06-03-13, 02:05 PM

LMAO so when you said ALL USERS what you meant was all users who aren't playing on kindle or android devices....

yayacupcake
06-03-13, 02:07 PM
LMAO so when you said ALL USERS what you meant was all users who aren't playing on kindle or android devices....

Remember... we don't count.

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 02:08 PM

Wow :|

DragonTan1
06-03-13, 03:01 PM
The new feature is now available to all users.

ETA: Just to clarify, a minimum version of 1.4 is required for this feature.

What new feature? A confirm button in the market or everywhere like expand and breeding etc. I'm very careful and haven't lost any gold, except that one time I got the stopwatch update lol

yayacupcake
06-03-13, 03:29 PM
What new feature? A confirm button in the market or everywhere like expand and breeding etc. I'm very careful and haven't lost any gold, except that one time I got the stopwatch update lol

Seems kinda silly that the stopwatch would not have the confirmation button tied into it... guessing they didn't test the confirm button with the stopwatch... or somehow it got forgot... or too hard to code? Or just replacing one gold trap with another?

Baraze
06-03-13, 03:41 PM

From when I first got this some weeks back, it works for purchases in the market, like decor. Dragon purchased and the gold habitats. I never saw it pop up for expansions and it definitely doesn't work, for the new horrid breeding clock. But, for someone who bought a mindvolt accidentally I'm happy that can never happen again.

Baraze
06-03-13, 03:42 PM
Seems kinda silly that the stopwatch would not have the confirmation button tied into it... guessing they didn't test the confirm button with the stopwatch... or somehow it got forgot... or too hard to code? Or just replacing one gold trap with another?

Making it nonexistent on the expansions and breeding would be far TOO kind. That's like asking for Xmas presents in July.

aceblade
06-04-13, 08:50 AM
Even though I've known about the new timers and am careful not to click them, I accidentally clicked to speed up my evolution. BAH!

OlkaDragons
06-04-13, 09:43 AM
I collected coins from the habitats and accidentally clicked on constructed building, tapped the place where the button Collect should be. And - surprise! - my gold is gone without any warnings...
TL should do some confirmation of gold wasting!

[S8] Elsa
06-04-13, 10:36 AM
Making it nonexistent on the expansions and breeding would be far TOO kind. That's like asking for Xmas presents in July.

Expansions and the timers are different features than the Market. They may appear similar, but they behave differently than one another. I'll be sure to share the feedback that the growth of this feature is a popular request.

yayacupcake
06-04-13, 11:07 AM
Expansions and the timers are different features than the Market. They may appear similar, but they behave differently than one another. I'll be sure to share the feedback that the growth of this feature is a popular request.

Should be all-inclusive. Every feature that results in a gold deduction should have a confirmation of the loss of gold to ensure that nothing was mis-clicked. Should've been this way from the start.

laurelsail
06-04-13, 11:41 AM
Even though TL has re-established a way to check time without losing gold it is still way too easy to lose gold unintentionally...and it doesn't address TL's unwillingness to refund the massive amount of gold that was lost when they changed things with NO warning! Sorry, Team Lava...way too little...way too late!

jonathanharker
06-04-13, 05:31 PM
GAAARRGHH! Gold trapped again. Ugh.

Can't we have an option to turn on gold spending confirmations? This new design is sucking up gold like crazy. Will never ever ever spend real money again with this in place.

sharowend
06-12-13, 10:50 AM
Does anyone else have this problem? When planting my farms, I get into the flo of planting, tap the farm tap the product, etc. The problem I have is, if I tap (accidently) on a farm that I have planted the "finish now" button is in the same location that my planting item was in, so I accidently spend diamonds. I spent 10 twice last night trying to plant.

Is there anyway you can put the "finish now" for diamonds tab in someplace that has no other uses. I know that it was my own mistake, but it is very easy to do with the current placement of command tabs or buttons.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sharowend

rscheuermann
06-12-13, 06:13 PM
I have lost probably 100+ gold so far. What's been ****ing me is doing quick regular island maintenance: Collecting coins: tap-to-select, tap the collect button. Oops I it my nest there instead and sped it up. Oops that was a new habitat I was constructing. Oops, hit my trading portal that was near my farms.
Ridiculous! Those 'careful' people who like it this way, how much money do you spend a day where you call a confirmation window 'inconvenient'?
I want the confirmation window back... It's honest and official, as things should be when dealing with real money.

brunosp
07-02-13, 05:40 PM
Hello guys, I'm here to complain about something that is happening constantly with my friends in the Story of the Dragon iPhone.
When we are collecting coins and planting accidentally clicked on the option to use gold to accelerate time! Before was better because it appeared a second screen asking if we wanted to use the same gold to accelerate time. But not now appears more and ja is the option, then shook when he unwittingly already uses the gold!
That's too bad, I can not join gold to buy my Dragon Treasure!
Please help us get back to what it was before! All players we'll thank TeamLava

Since already thank you very much! :)

LEGENDADO: Brasil

Ol? pessoal, estou aqui para me queixar de uma coisa que esta acontecendo constantemente comigo e meus amigos no Dragon Story do iPhone.
Quando estamos colhendo moedas e plantando sem querer clicamos na op??o de usar ouro para acelerar o tempo! Antes era melhor porque aparecia uma se***da tela per***tando se queriamos mesmo usar o ouro para acelerar o tempo. Mas agora nao aparece mais e ja fica a op??o, entao quando apertamos sem querer ele ja usa o ouro!!
Isso ? muito ruim, n?o consigo juntar ouro para comprar o meu Drag?o Tesouro!
Por favor ajude-nos, volte o que era antes! Todos n?s jogadores TeamLava agradeceremos

Desde j? muito obrigado!

wolftiger1234
07-03-13, 06:47 AM
Hello guys, I'm here to complain about something that is happening constantly with my friends in the Story of the Dragon iPhone.
When we are collecting coins and planting accidentally clicked on the option to use gold to accelerate time! Before was better because it appeared a second screen asking if we wanted to use the same gold to accelerate time. But not now appears more and ja is the option, then shook when he unwittingly already uses the gold!
That's too bad, I can not join gold to buy my Dragon Treasure!
Please help us get back to what it was before! All players we'll thank TeamLava

Since already thank you very much! :)

LEGENDADO: Brasil

Ol? pessoal, estou aqui para me queixar de uma coisa que esta acontecendo constantemente comigo e meus amigos no Dragon Story do iPhone.
Quando estamos colhendo moedas e plantando sem querer clicamos na op??o de usar ouro para acelerar o tempo! Antes era melhor porque aparecia uma se***da tela per***tando se queriamos mesmo usar o ouro para acelerar o tempo. Mas agora nao aparece mais e ja fica a op??o, entao quando apertamos sem querer ele ja usa o ouro!!
Isso ? muito ruim, n?o consigo juntar ouro para comprar o meu Drag?o Tesouro!
Por favor ajude-nos, volte o que era antes! Todos n?s jogadores TeamLava agradeceremos

Desde j? muito obrigado!

The number of gold I have lost because I have accidentally clicked to speed up food bc I clicked on the wrong farm. This needs to change to how it was before. I know for a fact I have lost over 50 gold at minimum. They added a confirm button in the market but took this one away. Unreasonable by far and totally unfair.

apehero
07-04-13, 08:03 PM
Wow lots of people have lost gold.....

evangelina812
07-06-13, 10:30 AM
I don't see why TeamLava doesn't just be kind and give us a confirmation button take away the traps. No one is going to buy anymore gold nice they're all afraid of losing it unintentionally. When they first came out with the little timers when you tap something in progress, they were aiming for it to be a trap. Because it was. I love checking how much more time something takes. On the day they came out with it, I was in the middle of breeding a virtue, and hatching a virtue (32 hours each). Since the pop-up notification hadn't popped up yet, I had no idea that they existed. So, out of habit, I tapped the breeding den, and then tapped the Finish timer. It sped up both of them, and then, unintentionally throughout the next week, still out of habit, I lost quite a bit more gold.

Also, one day I left my device for about 8 hours. I was in the middle of saving up for a mythic habitat, and so I had about 4.5 million coins, and somewhere around 300 gold. When I came back 8 hours later, I had about 3.7 million coins (800,000 less coins) and had lost either 22 or 24 gold (can't remember exactly). I looked around my island to see what had happened, and saw a big empty space where a Large Bitter Bark Tree had been before I left. So somehow, the game cleared the tree and sped up the process. ???? My device was locked, there was no one else in the house when it happened. Even though it was only 24 or 22 gold, I was still really upset, and I fully blame TL on this.

missHPfan2
07-11-13, 04:53 PM
I lost 60 Gold the same way. I clicked it to see how long it would take, but it didn't appear so I tried to scroll. It thought I tapped Finish Now...
T_T

kapi_place
07-13-13, 10:38 AM
Most of the time any gold that my dragon brings in from a quest never registers in my gold count

TinksThots
07-13-13, 02:18 PM
No one is going to buy anymore gold nice they're all afraid of losing it unintentionally.
That's where you're wrong, and that's where we lose. For every person who cares where their money goes, ten more don't, and they will more than make up for those of us who won't give TL our money. We're never getting a confirmation button, thanks to them. :(

Assamii
07-14-13, 06:24 AM
I lost 500 gold in DS game while I was checking my dragons in one of the habitats.. It got upgraded with 500 gold after that processing box appeared suddenly! I didn't even accept! I got shocked when I saw that the 500 gold I was collecting to buy treasure dragon were gone in few secs cause of some system mistakes n processes! Please TL lemme get ma 500 gold back :( It was really hard to collect n keep em n it took me a long time.. I'll be really thankful!

demonghoul
07-18-13, 09:43 PM
Gold trapped again! I was collecting coins from my habitats and I put down my device for a moment as I had to do something else, and I don't know if it got bumped or something but when I came back it said I had purchased 16,000 Food. There was no one else in the house and these little mistakes like this are getting very frustrating.

jeymund
07-18-13, 10:03 PM
can the developer restore the confirmation when in involves with gold? I lost a couple of golds unintentionally tapping finish now, it would be better and more comfortable if there would be a popup message if we would really use our gold in that activity. I hope they will consider it as earning gold is not that easy. why do they get rid of the popup confirmation when we it involves with gold?

happyheartfla
09-01-13, 10:21 AM
My complaint is with the Market, and taps being intrepted as purchases, when I am really trying to scan through the dragons/habitats/etc. Twice now while I was trying to tap the arrow to move forward, the game has purchased the dragon closest to the arrow, once for 1400 gold, and once for 750 gold. Support is no help, as I received a canned message from them saying nothing could be done about 'in game transfers'. A simple solution would be to require a second tap to confirm, but then Teamlava wouldn't get our money!

happyheartfla
09-01-13, 11:19 AM
Seriously, Team Lava! I was just getting to the point of feeling it was okay to invest in gems for Dragon Story and you go and switch it so that if you were checking how much time is left for breeding or expanding it automatically cost gold with NO WARNING! I lost 730 gold in less than 24 hours!...with no recourse to get them back. In all the years of my marketing career, this type of thing is exactly what NOT to do. I've lost many neighbors in all of your story games and have learned to be very careful about gem traps...and Dragon Story was the safest, that is, until yesterday! Would it be so difficult to put up a confirmation warning before someone spends gems inadvertently like you do before you sell something? I think in the long run your games would remain more active and vibrant, you would have more people investing in gems comfortable in the fact that they will be able to use them for what they want. I understand that you want/need players to invest in gems/gold...and I have in the past but will not again until these gem traps are more transparent. In my professional opinion this would be a much more effective marketing strategy and you would come out ahead in the long run. At this point I am about done with your story games and I apologize to my neighbors for that.

~laurelsail

I am currently playing three Teamlava games; BS, RS, DS. DS is by far the worst of the three for stealing gold/coins. I actually spend real money to buy the gold/gems, so that I can progress faster. However I am seriously considering deleting all of the games, because of the traps in DS, and to some extent in the other two also. BS and RS have their 'mystery boxes' that grab you occasionally. Yes, I know I will loose what I have already spent, but at least I won't waste my money in the future. I'd say 2000 gold bars down the tubes is enough! All was lost in the market while browsing through, simply bbecause a tap on the arrow was misinterpreted.

laurelsail
09-03-13, 01:24 PM
I didn't even fall for a gem trap this last time! It just literally disappeared! I hope TL will see that I didn't purchase or speed up anything and restore my gold. If not I am deleting all TL games, leaving a negative review and reporting them to consumer agencies...

My complaint is with the Market, and taps being intrepted as purchases, when I am really trying to scan through the dragons/habitats/etc. Twice now while I was trying to tap the arrow to move forward, the game has purchased the dragon closest to the arrow, once for 1400 gold, and once for 750 gold. Support is no help, as I received a canned message from them saying nothing could be done about 'in game transfers'. A simple solution would be to require a second tap to confirm, but then Teamlava wouldn't get our money!

DweebGirl
09-03-13, 03:06 PM
I also would love a confirmation when using gold. To prevent unintentional purchase of gold I have set up my google play store to require me to enter a password whenever I want to make a purchase.
I have fallen victim to gold traps to many times. While checking expansions and my nest.

nightshine7
09-03-13, 06:40 PM
You guys are so right. I get gems taken from me all the time saying I've bought like 200,000 coins with 10 gems. I never buy coins with gems! EVER!! So now as soon as I earn 10 I use them right away or they'll get stolen. Team Lava has lost a paying customer cause of this problem. I would buy gems on sale all the time but not any more. And, If I do ever break down and buy them again..I'll make sure I use them immediately. I would not advise any player to just let their gems sit there. If TL is aware this is a big problem and not willing to refund our gems then they need to design it so it asks you "Are you sure.....?" This tells me TL doesn't want to do it because it's done with other options like clearing counters, expediting cooking time, etc.

kotadust
09-04-13, 04:20 PM
they can help ... but they will not help they refuse to refund gold for something that has happened be it a glitch, human error, or an overly sensitive touch screen that somehow purchased 25,000 food while it was in your pocket(which I might add I have not touched this food as I am still trying to get them to do something even though I know it is futile I have not went below 25,000 food since it happened an I will not let my self go below it either so they can never come back and say well you used it so you must have wanted it) .... or purchased an egg while you were trying to scroll though to see what was available ....... they will basicly tell you sorry but we cant do anything about it .... and then they will ignore any further communication you send to them trying to discuss it ... very shady and underhanded if you ask me but if you like the game (I keep playing because my kids like it so they like to be able to discuss an compare with me) then that is the [] we are stuck with as so called support ... but this has solidified the fact that I will never spend a dime in the game now for me or my kids ..... 3 accounts that I would have bought gol for to further progression and get things and give my kids stuff they wanted in it but after seeing the total lack of support with issues like these I will not take the gamble on spending real money that can just disappear for something you never wanted .... might as well go to the casino if I wanted to take gambles like that ... at least there I have some small chance of getting some of the money I gambled back !!!!!!

izyalfie
09-07-13, 03:09 PM
C'mon tl! There can be a no-refunds policy for the special boxes if that is something working you (people might keep refunding until they get something good(this is not dragon story, new users)) but on straightforward purchases, PLEASE!!! I once accidently spent most of my gold on a mist dragon egg!

carmelaway
09-11-13, 09:05 PM
I think you are right. It is not worth it to buy gold on sale and stock piling it when it will just be taken away from you. 420 gold disappeared from my account. Team lava says that I spent on nether dust. Why would Ido that when I have a lot of purple and blue gems that I could easily use to craft nether dust. I frequently trade my extra dragons for gems instead of selling them.

NamezAU
09-15-13, 10:35 PM
Same problem here, accidentally spend gold speeding up things I really didn't want to... Would be awesome with a little "are you sure you wanna do this?" pop up whenever you try to spend gold..

vicovideshotmail
10-30-13, 07:23 PM
I tried to buy the Treasure Dragon and it gave me a Love Dragon, until its introductory rate ended, there wasn't these gold traps with buying this Dragon.

OlkaDragons
11-05-13, 11:15 AM
Second time I occasionally spent 250 gold for food!! Second time in one day! One bad tap and pheeeeew... 500 gold in a trash! Almost all my savings
And I know that no one bring it back to me :((
Staff will be so sorry and so on - if you are sorry, than bring it back!
All inappropriate words I know are for gold traps!

Do the confirmation of buying at least
I would like to spend them (I definitely wanted to spend them) for the things I want to, and not for the traps.

echo005
11-05-13, 12:36 PM
i accidentally 'bought' scorpio dragon last week and i'm not at all happy.if we can have a confirmation option when wanting to sell dragons then why not when buying? because i've been saving the gold i am so annoyed with that plus all the other problems we've been getting that i'm hardly doing anything in the game now-apart from sending gold/maps or visiting

jeroen1975
11-05-13, 01:04 PM
Team Lave will never ever install a confirmbutton, no they even add more goldtraps in the game by adding the gold path for 100 gold!
Everything in the game is designed to rip us all!
I secure myself to have not an amount above 30 golds.

cedkugedchgd
11-05-13, 01:48 PM
Team Lave will never ever install a confirmbutton, no they even add more goldtraps in the game by adding the gold path for 100 gold!
Everything in the game is designed to rip us all!
I secure myself to have not an amount above 30 golds.

i thought iOS now has confirm buttons? well my game has. are you playing on android?

realjojo
11-22-13, 07:18 AM
today i lost silly 200 gold for breeding.
i dont want to use it. i missing i want it back.

igames4me
11-22-13, 07:30 AM
do you mean the boosted breed is 200 gold for you?

MakJulos
11-22-13, 11:08 AM
I'm not even bothering to save my gold - and i for sure won't spend real money buying any - because it's so easy misclicking and wasting a fortune on finishing some unimportant project, instead i spend it quick on minor things that for the moment is of use to me. :p

ThunderRemix8
11-22-13, 12:40 PM
All these horror stories are kinda spooking me. I've been playing since January, bought a grand total of 20 gold, and accidentally spent 17 of it. I now have about 478 gold from neighbors and I really don't want to lose it. I'm saving for a gold dragon, but they're so stupidly expensive!

nicxole
11-22-13, 05:05 PM
TL has awful customer service, which is why I will never pay for gold. If they would reimburse us for costly accidents I might spend some money but there's not reason why I should waste real money when it will probably fall victim to some stupid gold trap/

azrael0626
11-27-13, 12:58 PM
Why isn't there a confirmation screen for purchases in this game? For the third time now, I've opened my Dragon Story game and went to start playing only to have a screen pop up and I accidentally clicked it. I now own the Turkey Dragon, that I don't want and wasted a ton of gold that I was saving. This happened with the Witch Dragon and the other two Halloween dragons too. There needs to be a confirmation screen that pops up asking if you are sure about your purchase.

Chlome
11-27-13, 03:20 PM
Yeah, they used to have more steps to spend gold and got rid of that feature. I think it's pretty ridiculous. I haven't spent gold on dragons, but I have spent it speeding up things by accident more than once. Ugh.

nilni
11-28-13, 02:16 AM
I lost gold for many times. The most frustrating time is about 700 golds for speed up the expand land. :(

nephthys82
11-28-13, 06:43 AM
I fell victim to the turkey dragon trap too. I'm so angry I refuse to hatch it. It's staying in storage.
The most annoying thing is that I was saving up for the Goldwing dragon and I would have had enough gold to buy it later the same day.

Cookies217Lol
12-12-13, 10:23 AM
Would be very useful to have a confirmation popup for using gold to speed things up. I've managed to waste around 200 gold mis-clicking farms so it would be less bothersome to add a confirmation to prevent accidents like that, thanks.