PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story Anonymous

maguar
11-11-12, 02:53 PM
This thread is for those truly addicted to Castle Story. It's a place to come clean about the funny, tragic and funny tragic things your addiction has led you to.

My name is maguar and I am a castle story addict. When a new update comes out I tend to be late to work as I'm too interested in finding out all the new stuff. When I do get to work I spend the whole day thinking about what I could do to get home earlier.

mymummy789
11-11-12, 03:07 PM
I am also a castle story addict. Being a housewife I have the luxury of not having to abandon my kingdom to go to work. BUT, I have burnt food whilst collecting glimmer dust from mushrooms, filled the bath with cold water whilst reorganising my buildings (not realising the hot has run out!!), heard the kids keys turn in the lock and realise I have done nothing in the "real world" since they left for school that morning. Not to mention the panic attacks when the wireless goes off!!!!!

I think I need help, lol!!!!

kooky panda
11-11-12, 03:09 PM
My name is Kooky and I am a Castle Story addict.
I keep my games on my iphone instead of the bigger screen on my Ipad so I can collect every hour.
In line at the grocery store, bank, etc.

At work, when I hit a new goal, I tell my employees to hold my calls, because I am in the middle of something very important.. lol

moda999
11-11-12, 03:12 PM
I burnt the dinner the other night waiting for a beam to finish. In fact so keen to wait for stuff that's nearly finished that I must stop lol. Try to use my energy wisely and HATE it if it reaches the max as feels like I'm wasting valuable time. Don't get up in the night but have thought about it. Pretty much play the game just before sleeping and on waking up. Not good!

I play RS and don't do this in that game!

One weekend my family kept asking me what that knocking noise was so now I play with the sound off. What with the knocking and the clashes when you collect coins they started to look bewildered!

moda999
11-11-12, 03:16 PM
Oh, and I play on iphone and ipad. Sometimes I forget which one I'm playing and mix up my strategies as I'm at slightly different stages. I put a wisp on to "cook" instead of a beam then kick myself!

queentina3
11-11-12, 03:24 PM
I put water on to boil the other day and forgot about it until the boys asked when dinner was going to be ready. I got up to put the pasta in and realized the water was almost gone, it had boiled itself to vapor. Needless to say I had to start from scratch and told them to just eat a little snack and dinner would be ready "soon". *snickers* OOPS!

Rockinkitten
11-11-12, 03:28 PM
I wake up at 3 or 4 am a lot because I have a painful joint condition and the pain wakes me. I always go to use up my energy if I'm awake! I feel bad about it sometimes but always happy to get my rewards haha!

maguar
11-11-12, 03:28 PM
I find that I'm going to bed later as I just have to wait for x to finish. I'm waking in the middle of the night just so I don't "waste" the energy. I'm now waking early, planning just to use the energyy and go back to sleep but find myself waiting for x so I fill in the time on the forums. This game is making me seriously sleep deprived. Good thing I'm an insomniac from way back :)

Rockinkitten
11-11-12, 03:36 PM
Ohh haha glad I'm not the only one!

chocoholic9
11-11-12, 04:09 PM
There's a chocolate in the UK called wispa. I bought a pack the other day and asked my family if they wanted to eat some whisp. They kept asking me what is whisp, it's wispa. It took me a while to realise what I was saying and explained where I got that word from. My family already think I'm obsessed with RS, BS and CS.

yupiyupigumgum
11-11-12, 08:07 PM
My name is yupiyupigumgum and I'm castle story addict. Before went to work My husband told me several things to do while I was playing -and concentrating- on this game. And I end up called him in the middle of his work just to ask what were the tasks again because I can't remember them at all. I think it's a new kind of obsession called Castlestoryphillia and no known cure for that yet.:p

greygull
11-11-12, 08:20 PM
My name is greygull and I'm a Castle Story (and TL) addict lol. Castle is my newest addiction - I spend almost as much time in game as I do in the forum. As long as I'm home (I have it on my iPad, wifi only), I tend to check it every 30 minutes or so, even stopping doing other things just to peek. Whenever I leave the house, the first thing I do when I get home is check this game. Thankfully my family is used to my iPad making all kinds of different noises, so I just get a few eye rolls when I'm playing now :)

sweetthing1
11-11-12, 08:41 PM
I too am an addict, lol. I am "Sweet Things" on all the story games but I must admit this one has me hooked the most! And yes my husband is quite used to me not hearing what he says....or seeing what "we" are watching on TV! I get on the forum to get the latest updates on what is next on the level I'm coming up on so I can gear up and maybe get ahead.....can't tell if that strategy is working for me or not����

savage_mel
11-11-12, 11:07 PM
I am a Castle Story addict. I didn't even want to like this game. Currently I am trying to maintain a farm, a bakery, a restaurant, an island of dragons, and now a whole kingdom! I only installed to get rewards in my other games but found myself hooked on day one! I am a stay at home mom and my husband works out of town for weeks at a time, so I have lots of time to take care of business. But, I find myself constantly checking on my kingdom. I play upon waking, if i get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, or if the baby wakes me up, several times throughout the day and right before bed. Thankfully, at the moment, my daughter is more interested in playing with her toys or tearing apart my kitchen than playing with me lol but I must find a balance soon!

Rockinkitten
11-11-12, 11:41 PM
It's the first thing I do in the morning too, I reach for my phone with my eyes closed!

yupiyupigumgum
11-12-12, 12:13 AM
I think my husband is kinda jealous with old Thomas because I spent more time with him. Lol

seattlestown
11-12-12, 07:55 AM
Ok I'm in :) ... Here is a list of funny things that have happened to me since CS:

• so distracted with the game that all of a sudden I heard the water boiling over on the stove one day
• forgot about errands & laundry in the machines several times & then it was too late in the day to get it done
• wake regularly in the night to play... And end up being up at least an hour each time so definitely losing sleep
• get up & go to bed daily with the game
• fall asleep playing the game... Only to wake realizing I'm laying on my iPhone or even funnier... Waking to the phone hitting me in the head or face lol
• putting my bf on speaker if he calls so I can play & talk at the same time and sometimes he asks me if I'm listening cause he can tell I'm doing something else at the same time
• I can only play on wifi (:( ) so now I carry my phone with me around the house at all times so I can play or see if I have energy (sometimes I'm so involved I take my phone to the washroom so I can finish whatever task I'm doing lol... Don't worry... I wash my hands lol)
• CS is the only story I've played where I "have to" play all the time; only story where I visit all of my NB's daily (unless real life gets in the way the odd time); and only story that I spend hours a day playing
• I have actually "lost time" playing.... All of a sudden I look at the clock and it's 3 or 4 hours later lol
• and I'm now late for everything!!!

Thank goodness I'm not alone lol. Love this thread!!!

howdy2you
11-12-12, 08:39 AM
Hopelessly addicted. ....

PitteeBuddee
11-12-12, 09:39 AM
Me too boiled the pot dry

bjhooley1
11-12-12, 09:57 AM
I've become addicted over the past few days. So much for the other games I've been playing. I ended up moving my old account to my old droid phone so I can restart after I saw some threads and such. (they all had high level s8 games on them, 2+ years worth ...which are now very secondary.)

freshpickins
11-12-12, 03:50 PM
Definitely the first thing I do when I wake up and the last thing I would be doing before I go to bed. When I have a lot of energy, I LOVE chopping down trees and mining rocks because it gives me a rush to see the wood/rocks pile up.

freshpickins
11-12-12, 03:51 PM
And thanks for making me feel ok for being so addicted!

kooky panda
11-12-12, 03:53 PM
We are here for each other... You are not alone!!!

laVirtualCloset
11-12-12, 08:30 PM
My name is laVirtualCloset and I am a Castle Story addict. I had to go to the ER last week and befor leaving I had to make sure I had my iPad and an appropriate purse to carry it in so I could keep it with me at all times. I was in pain but happy in the waiting area but bumbled once I was placed in a room because my 3G service would not work. As the took me to XRay and to get an MRI, my purse was with me every step of the way in case I found a spot with service.

Farmaniac
11-13-12, 07:31 AM
My Castle Story name is Queensr?che and I'm an addict, too. My husband is mad with me because I harvest instead reading the paper in the morning. In the evenings I'm always tapping my iPad and listen to the TV, what makes him mad, too. But the worse thing is that he's jealous, because he has only a tiny little iPhone, he plays Farm Story, haha.

howdy2you
11-13-12, 08:46 AM
I like to watch the energy clock tick by till the next lightning bolt. Tick tick tick...

Rockinkitten
11-13-12, 10:02 AM
Haha I also listen to the tv and play CS instead of watching!

And last night I was at a show, I used up all my energy just before the band came on and came straight back to the game after, leaning up against the stage :D

maguar
11-13-12, 11:16 AM
It's 4:15am. I woke at 3:49 saying nup I'm just going back to sleep. Convinced myself that it would be a criminal waste if I didn't use my energy. And then as I was up and playing I just had to check the forums.

Now I'm not sure if I'll wake in time for the eclipse.

yupiyupigumgum
11-13-12, 06:21 PM
We are here for each other... You are not alone!!!

You make this thread sounds like a group therapy :)

sukyee
11-13-12, 09:24 PM
My name is sukyee and I'm castle story addict:p I just dream of castle story has a major update last night, after I wake up realized it's just a dream and feel sad for that. No to mention I clicking my iPhone every few minutes while I'm walking, working, eating almost 24hrs must have my iPhone with me else will feel insecure... Glad to see so many addicts here ;)

wis0409
11-13-12, 09:35 PM
I was in a job interview the other day, and I started thinking about CS and hoping my energy wasn't at cap And my time was wasting away. Is this a problem?

maguar
11-13-12, 11:09 PM
My name is sukyee and I'm castle story addict:p I just dream of castle story has a major update last night, after I wake up realized it's just a dream and feel sad for that. No to mention I clicking my iPhone every few minutes while I'm walking, working, eating almost 24hrs must have my iPhone with me else will feel insecure... Glad to see so many addicts here ;)

I have these too. In my dreams the update is really great. I get so excited that I wake up and it takes a little while to realize it's just a dream.

GTMoney
11-14-12, 12:14 AM
Well, there IS an update hopefully coming this week. It'll have:

- 30+ Additional Quests
- A New Character To Rescue (Thurston, the Knight!)
- Two New Unique Buildings Available
- New Market Items To Buy
- New Unique Quest Rewards

And more!

Our hope is to get it out very soon (within the next couple of days), but as always, last minute delays can happen as we make sure it's bug-free.

maguar
11-14-12, 12:24 AM

- 30+ Additional Quests

And more!

Our hope is to get it out very soon (within the next couple of days), but as always, last minute delays can happen as we make sure it's bug-free.

I can't wait! Will we get a teaser like the other games?

Just out of curiosity is one of the unique buildings going to be Thurston's Tower complete with ballista?

Rockinkitten
11-14-12, 12:45 AM
You make this thread sounds like a group therapy :)

Haha! We need it!

freshpickins
11-14-12, 11:37 AM
I love how the informal update is listed in the CS anonymous thread! You guys definitely want to keep us even more hooked on the game!��

yupiyupigumgum
11-15-12, 10:58 PM
it's Friday afternoon in my kingdom and I'm still hopefully waiting for updates ....Please don't disappoint this addicted queen...

knyberg
11-16-12, 03:04 AM
My name is knyberg and I accidentally came upon Castle story less than a week ago, and now I'm totally addicted! I find myself staying up juuust a little bit later so I can start a multiple hour craft over night, and if I wake up early (and I have a baby so it happens...) I check in and do some more crafting. And then I keep checking in throughout the day :-). So fun, but it sure consumes me :-)! I've just discovered the social part and that just brings an extra dimension to the game!

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 10:44 AM
I fell down the stairs today and had to go to hospital for an X-ray. While waiting for the results I quickly used up my energy!

mymummy789
11-16-12, 11:42 AM

- 30+ Additional Quests

And more!

I guess there were last minute delays :( *goes into a dark corner to sob quietly to herself (but still with ipod on to collect from mushrooms!)*

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 11:48 AM
I guess there were last minute delays :( *goes into a dark corner to sob quietly to herself (but still with ipod on to collect from mushrooms!)*

Lol...... Yes, but my thought is 'will it be bug free?'

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 11:51 AM
Addicted to castle story but when i can't collect and build because of energy restriction i am also becoming addicted to the castle story forum :)

howdy2you
11-16-12, 12:00 PM
I fell down the stairs today and had to go to hospital for an X-ray. While waiting for the results I quickly used up my energy!

So did everything turn out okay?

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 12:15 PM
It's badly sprained, so they bandaged it and gave me hardcore pain****ers and crutches. I guess it took my mind off the update for a while!

howdy2you
11-16-12, 12:31 PM
It's badly sprained, so they bandaged it and gave me hardcore pain****ers and crutches. I guess it took my mind off the update for a while!

Oh dear! Sprains are painful. You'll have to stay off your feet for awhile. I'm a little jealous. No just kidding. I hope you get better soon. :)

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 12:50 PM
Yeah I have to take it easy, so I need that update more than ever!

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 12:55 PM
Yeah I have to take it easy, so I need that update more than ever!

Ouch! You certainly do need that update....... For distraction

primerib
11-16-12, 01:17 PM
I used my energy in the DQ drive-thru while I waited for my chicken strip basket to get ready.

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 01:42 PM
I used my energy in the DQ drive-thru while I waited for my chicken strip basket to get ready.

Lol... I do that too!!

Rockinkitten
11-20-12, 04:51 AM
Does anyone else do this?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/rockin-kitten/89333DBB-A693-4F5F-A8CD-D105FC368921-4061-000003974298BACE_zps34151ae1.jpg

Rockinkitten
11-20-12, 04:52 AM
Geez sorry guys, didn't know how big that was going to be!

Zetra
11-20-12, 05:26 AM
I collects twice or thrice everyday,morning,night,and before sleep.before sleep you can do something that takes more time and just collect them when you are awake.

maguar
11-20-12, 12:59 PM
I'm not due to go to work for a few hours but I've already gotten ready now. Figured it was better to get ready before the update rather than having to waste time after it.

Rockinkitten
11-20-12, 01:07 PM
Good thinking!

freshpickins
11-20-12, 03:06 PM
I'm going to be obsessed with sir pigglesworth until I unlock him!!!!!

benoibe
11-21-12, 11:51 AM
I am horribly addicted. I have spent too much money on gems. These guys are making a fortune.

I spend hours designing the kingdom. I love visiting other castles to see how others design theirs.

Why is it so much more addictive than other games?

knyberg
11-22-12, 01:03 PM
I keep redecorating my kingdom as well, and i'm happy tjat doesn't require energy. Keeps me occupied for a while... However, tomorrow i think i'm going to set a limit for myself, only to check in 3-4 times. Have spent to much time today and feel frustrated because i never have the energy to keep up with it all.

rose6197
01-25-13, 03:58 AM
Hey rockinkitten - I'm the same - bad joint pain wakes me up so I play cs - kinda good really ;-)

cymoril69
01-25-13, 01:05 PM
Hi. My name is cymoril69(Xanadu) and I am addicted to Castle Story. Waking up at 3:00 in the morning, to use up my energy is also a regular occurence. And I have also let the kids' grilled cheese burn while visiting neighbors. I also play Dragon, Bakery, and Fashion story......but mostly to **** time in between re-gaining energy in CS. Is there help for any of us??? :) LOL

lotuskat
01-25-13, 01:31 PM
Lol, it's soooo addictive! It's a great time-****er during commutes, and I visit a few neighbors or collect some coins in between sets at the gym.

JenniOD
02-18-13, 06:10 AM
My name is Jen and I'm an addict. Not only me... My husband, best friend and her 7 year old daughter are all addicts! We sit around and talk about the game all the time, while everyone around us thinks we're nuts! I am posting this reply even now, as I'm supposed to be asleep. I've gotta go now because I'm about to expand to get my Tablet!!!!

mamareader02
02-18-13, 09:36 AM
I,mamareader02(aka"Dazy),am addicted to castle story.my kid even tells me(he's 7)to put the games down.im a stay at home mom,and yes,have to exhibit willpower to walk away from games in order to clean (so proud when I manage to sweep and mop!),and try to workout for even a half hour.foid has been burnt(not that great of a cook anyway).my husband walks around mumbling "gotta play my games"(about me).full energy?only happens in morning!made a few friends download game just to send me stuff(thanks mikemike!)glad I'm not the only one getting that last play in before bed,and if I can't fall asleep?sneak to charger and take care of bid'ness!

kilaalaa
02-18-13, 10:38 AM
I set alarms to wake up in the night so I can collect my wisp lanterns / use up max energy. Castle Story is also the first thing I tend to in the morning. Sometimes I admit I spend almost the whole day playing Castle Story when I thought I would just play it for a short while.

homegrrrl
02-18-13, 11:17 AM
Hello, My storm i.d. is homegrrrl, my kingdon name is Klom, and I'm a Castle Story addict. I would type more, but I gotta go pl

crystalrayn3
02-18-13, 12:18 PM
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya-OOPS! Sorry about that😁. Hi. My name is LUNARIA✨🔮🌙🔮✨ and I'm a Castle Story addict. My teenage sons hang their heads in shame & my husband mutters about wives going looney. Let them I say! Curled up on the couch with my kitties snuggled against me & my iPad illuminating my smile, I call it My LaLa Time. LOL I figure they can't complain too much between their own addictions to ESPN & shoot em up video games😝. I make sure all my domestic goddess chores are done first though. As the only woman in a house full of men can you imagine what my home would look like if I didn't???

mamareader02
02-18-13, 12:47 PM
My situation too,Crystal!nothing but guys at my house(Dazy,my bulldog barely counts as a girl because she's a snoring,farting,dirty mess!)and why does my hubby get upset when I play my games instead if watching basketball?!!hes like,gotta play ur games,well,yeah,am I supposed to sit there in awe and pretend basketball is fascinating?at least they leave me alone when they're playing Xbox!

ginrae22
03-06-13, 05:35 PM
Hi I'm Ginarae although the a got left out of my storm ID...I am totally obsessed with this game and I'm an addict! When I am with my fiance I have to try so hard not to play at all or as much because he feels like I don't pay attention to him. Which is so terrible! I play when i wake up...I play before bed and I love how this game is so unique when compared to all of the others. There's always something to do, ways to earn gems without having to download new games and with the quests you never know what kind of special items or rewards you might get. Very relieved that I'm not the only one who shamelessly plays this game! ; )

queenofpolharcity
04-15-13, 07:56 PM
Hello, I'm the Queen of PolHarCity. It's a fabulous Kingdom, full of glittering castles, evil trolls, and beautiful trees. Oh, and it's the place that I hide and [I]hang my head in shame...[I]

My husband kept asking what was for dinner, did I have a good day while he was at work, what did I do with our two dogs that day? I just felt so much PRESSURE! I got him to start playing Castle Story, too, so he would just stop asking so many questions!!

There is NO dinner! The dogs walk themselves -- have you ever seen an English Bulldog cross her legs and try to hold it??

No!! I didn't do laundry!! I made some groovy Wisp Lanterns....I moved my Cottages around, and by God, Thurston now has his bling! I wrote Agnes her love letters but I did NOT dust the furniture!!

Yes, I'm filled with shame!! I'm incurable! And now, I've created another one just like me! The dogs still have to walk themselves....and I guess they'll have to do the laundry, too, cuz Daddy's hunting for an Alicorn!!

Baraze
04-15-13, 08:38 PM
You guys and gals are hilarious. And I thought I had it bad.

bowlfullofcherries
04-29-13, 06:30 PM
LOL. What a thread. My kingdom is Harmoni and I am a Castle Story addict.

The week updates show my kids loooooove their mommy cuz it's officially frozen pizza week. On the regular, laundry gets done inbetween bouts of collecting energy, I brook no interruptions nor complaints while checking the forums and, where I used to read to fill my quiet hours, I now do something a great deal less edifying. Actually, i seem to plan my whole day around this game.

'Okay, the ornate blocks will be done at around six thirty, if i hurry i can take the kids to the park for an hour and be back just before... better use all my energy first..."

I also set alarms for nocturnal energy collections- glad I'm not the only one!

vchanhs
04-29-13, 06:50 PM
I am a different form of CS addict. I prowl the CS forum more than I play the actual game. No idea how you people can play the game the whole day when there is only 30 energy. I look at the forum frequently for the whole day to see if there are new comments. I learn more about the game from the forum than on the actual game itself. I have been wanting to switch to Samsung S3/S4 for a long while now but didn't do so because CS is not available in android. (Apple should thank TL). Still wondering should I make the switch or not....

wealthyrich
04-29-13, 08:42 PM
i sleep a 11.30pm to collect from resource buildings, then wake up at 4 to collect again. bye bye sleep, hello castle story.

lopez3082
04-29-13, 10:05 PM
Hi my CS id is lopez3082 and i have been playing this game for a whole year and iam addicted im always in the forum while i wait for my energy to fill lol its 12:58 eastern time and im still up and i have to wake up at six am to go to work im glad that im not the only one i can spend hours rearranging my kingdom and im always last to finish at work cuz im on the game my coworkers dont even ask me to sit with them anymore they call me the CS addict lol and i dont mind it i love this game 😋

bowlfullofcherries
04-29-13, 11:28 PM
Did I mention the maze I created in windows? It's 16x15 squares with flowered and green walls and decorations throughout with a plan for the conservatory and blue fountain at the center. There are two entrances to the middle and four or five dead ends leading to statues and trees.

Yeah. I took it there.

olcastle
04-30-13, 12:49 AM
Did I mention the maze I created in windows? It's 16x15 squares with flowered and green walls and decorations throughout with a plan for the conservatory and blue fountain at the center. There are two entrances to the middle and four or five dead ends leading to statues and trees.

I wanted to look at your maze but the game keeps crashing on your kingdom :(

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 01:06 AM
No worries- the maze is in Windows. There's absolutely no room in my kingdom for the monstrosity. Too bad you can't get through, though...

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 02:09 AM
Hoh-kay. Imma attempt yo post a pic. Bear with me, please. I think this is the correct way to do this...

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag114/Michael_Weare/e0e02b7b-0886-4311-b21c-5bdefef433e6_zpsae53e74e.jpg?t=1367312708

Sorry all, if this is not it. I'm not computer savvy at all!

kuzmo
04-30-13, 08:42 AM
Dear Queen of PolHarCity, your comment made me laugh to the tears ;)
My name is Kuzmo and I'm addiced to CS. I do also feel a shame when my husband comes home and no dinner is ready, so I say " hey, honey, I wanted us to make the dinner togather it is more fun and this way it is fresh and warm" - lucky for me this works :) But he still gives me the eye when I kiss him for a good night and then I check the game just one more time, because no energy should be lost :)

bluebellgirl68
04-30-13, 04:44 PM
Oh dear, I fear for my future! I've only been playing CS for a few weeks and already I'm showing some of the symptoms so many others have mentioned, late for work in the morning, no meal/burnt meal etc. What will things be like when I've been playing for months! I too play when I wake, a quick frenzy of collections to use up the nights energy and then load up ready for when I get home from work. Thankfully I'm on IPad and have no WIFI at work so can't play there as well, but once I'm home I am constantly checking in. I even time my chores around 90 minute sessions so I can have a splurge with max energy. My family don't know about CS - my husband thinks I check my email a lot! I'm loving the game and am getting to grips with my strategy now.

dstew1973
04-30-13, 08:24 PM
I am disabled and have a hard time falling asleep because of my medications, so I will stay up until 6 am and tell myself "just one more energy then I'm going to sleep!", but I always end up falling asleep with my iPhone in my hand and Castle Story on the screen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rainy_blues
04-30-13, 11:54 PM
It's pure addiction for me n my hubby too! He was on sick leave in nov last year, as I was home tending to him one day, i lend him my iPhone to play the game. Then I had to go work n when I came home he complain that I took my phone n he couldn't play his game. So I bought him a ipad mini when it was launch. Now, we both play the game on the mini n I had to bring 2 ipad to work (he can't bring devices with camera to work) so that I can help him cleared his goals n waste no energy. My colleagues think I m nuts to be using 2 ipad! Haha. I read the forum for updates n clues n learn so much more about the game. N I share all the updates with my hubby after work! Thanks guys for all the great sharing! :)

maguar
05-27-13, 01:06 AM
My nephew has two guinea pigs: whoopsie daisie. Whoopsie is black and white and daisie is an albino. He's now taken to sometimes calling whoopsie sir piggles. Mind you my nephew doesn't play the game. I think my obsession may have become contagious.

RotomGuy
05-27-13, 02:05 AM
I enjoy this game!

I have a slight obsessive compulsive-ness and so now I go all twitchy whenever I have unequal amounts of Stone Blocks and Wood Beams or whether I have enough energy to only tend two cows and leave one un-tended.

NanaCanna
05-27-13, 02:09 AM
My name is NanaCanna & I am also a CS addict. I am disabled due to a past broken hip & pelvic bone along with a few other health issues. So I stay up tapping until 4am, I then set my alarm for 55 minutes & get up & tap. I do that every hour till about noon when I get up & tap some more till I need to do my swim therapy in which case I take both my iPad & my iPod & set it on the edge of my pool & continue to tap every time something is ready. I do that for about 4 hours. Then I come in & continue to tap until I go to bed at 4am again. Then I do the same thing the next day.At any time I need to go some where, my iPad & iPod go too. I have even taught my 2 grand kids to play so when they come on weekends we can all tap together!

bbarra
05-27-13, 08:50 AM
I enjoy this game!

I have a slight obsessive compulsive-ness and so now I go all twitchy whenever I have unequal amounts of Stone Blocks and Wood Beams or whether I have enough energy to only tend two cows and leave one un-tended.
I thought I was the only one that did that. Good to know I'm not alone. I'm unequal on royal materials and its bugging me to no end.

bbarra
05-27-13, 08:56 AM
My name is NanaCanna & I am also a CS addict. I am disabled due to a past broken hip & pelvic bone along with a few other health issues. So I stay up tapping until 4am, I then set my alarm for 55 minutes & get up & tap. I do that every hour till about noon when I get up & tap some more till I need to do my swim therapy in which case I take both my iPad & my iPod & set it on the edge of my pool & continue to tap every time something is ready. I do that for about 4 hours. Then I come in & continue to tap until I go to bed at 4am again. Then I do the same thing the next day.At any time I need to go some where, my iPad & iPod go too. I have even taught my 2 grand kids to play so when they come on weekends we can all tap together!
Okay...I'm retired and also disabled so I play most of the day too. My sleeping habits are weird and not unusual for me to be up at 2 am. I'll set up some 4 hour jobs then back to sleep for a while while they process. I have spine issues and the pain is extreme after sitting for a while so I lay down and nap and rest my spine which resulted in my sleeping hours being skewed. Best of luck with your therapy. I'm taking spinal injections every 2 weeks and it helps about 75% of the pain.

ghjvcucjb
05-27-13, 11:01 AM
I enjoy this game!

I thought I was the only one that did that. Good to know I'm not alone. I'm unequal on royal materials and its bugging me to no end.

Me too. ;):rolleyes::o

ghjvcucjb
05-27-13, 11:06 AM
I enjoy this game!

Me too. ;):rolleyes::o

Hit post before I was done. I have even divided my kingdom up into zones, royalty zone, farming zone, work zone, university/learning zone, etc. I low on space so had divide up the animals and it bothers the snot out of me! To balance that irritation I've grouped the fancy cows together in a repeat pattern of colors, the regular cows together, the chickens together and the cows. Don't get me started on how I arranged my trees!

vchanhs
07-11-13, 04:58 PM
Hi all, I used to be a CS addict.
I wake up in the middle of the night to play so that my energy is not wasted.
I play the first time when I woke up and last thing when I sleep.
I timed the collection time so as to maximize resource collection.
I spent countless hours designing my kingdom.

But yesterday, I didn't even feel like playing and just went to bed. Omg, I think I getting rid of CS addiction. I think I have reach the end of the road. Waiting for more roads to be built.

Any fellow addicts recovering?

Lilipipi
07-12-13, 01:16 AM
Hi all, I used to be a CS addict.
I wake up in the middle of the night to play so that my energy is not wasted.
I play the first time when I woke up and last thing when I sleep.
I timed the collection time so as to maximize resource collection.
I spent countless hours designing my kingdom.

But yesterday, I didn't even feel like playing and just went to bed. Omg, I think I getting rid of CS addiction. I think I have reach the end of the road. Waiting for more roads to be built.

Any fellow addicts recovering?

Same here. I used to play two accounts but stopped playing on one and getting distracted in the other.

Gardienn
08-11-13, 08:16 PM
You know you're playing Castle Story too much when you drive down the street, see a tree, and think, "Oh, there's a Castle Story tree on this road!"

*smacks head*

The real trees came first, Dipdoo...

vchanhs
08-11-13, 08:41 PM
You know you play too much CS when you
- try to chop trees and hack rocks on the street
- look inside grocery bag for the elusive golden apple and golden egg.
- pluck all the petals on the rose because you need red petals
- keep fishing in the pond wondering where are the mermaids
- develop a phobia to anything sweet
- develop a interest to make your own glue
- try to stick a horn and a wing to a horse
- press the buttons in the lift slowly to avoid gem traps

jua1978
08-12-13, 01:06 AM
I am also addicted to it and the only cure is new goals. When you finish a goal you crave for more hehehehe

maguar
08-12-13, 01:18 AM
Is it a sign or addiction or overcoming addiction if you're glad that someone has commandeered your little kingdom? When I'm at work mum looks after both my kingdoms. Over the last few months its become apparent that the little kingdom is no longer my kingdom. Personally I think it's still a sign of addiction as I'm just glad to be able to talk to someone in RL who gets what I'm talking about (and gets super excited when they get the fourth shard and have overtaken me in the dragon quest).

laura0516
08-14-13, 06:47 AM
Hi all. I am a recovering addict to CS. The home and family have truly suffered neglect. However, TL has cured me with stretches of nothing and random drops which prevent me from making any progress on the few goals we do receive. I'm sad. It's like going home from a great vacation.

QueenJen
08-16-13, 06:18 PM
My name is Queen Jen & I am a Castle Story addict also. I know this because anytime I hear music I think How can I change these lyrics to suit CS for my next post to my neighbors? I enjoy it even though it sometimes aggravates me I always come back for more 

Oliver118
08-17-13, 12:41 AM
I collects twice or thrice everyday,morning,night,and before sleep.before sleep you can do something that takes more time and just collect them when you are awake.

I do that all the time, but in RS and BS

Oliver118
08-17-13, 12:42 AM
You know you play too much CS when you
- try to chop trees and hack rocks on the street
- look inside grocery bag for the elusive golden apple and golden egg.
- pluck all the petals on the rose because you need red petals
- keep fishing in the pond wondering where are the mermaids
- develop a phobia to anything sweet
- develop a interest to make your own glue
- try to stick a horn and a wing to a horse
- press the buttons in the lift slowly to avoid gem traps

Hilarious! I love this thread!

Em_storm
08-17-13, 08:36 AM
My name is Em_storm, and I'm a Castle Story addict.

One day my kids cut yellow arrows, coins, flower petals, a ruby, and coal out of construction paper. They gathered a toy sword, a camping lantern, a plastic pail, and got play food from the toy kitchen. They sat holding the arrows over their heads saying, "Mom, the cow is ready to collect!" I guess I should have seen it as a desperate plea for attention. But I just kept playing.

Em_storm
08-17-13, 12:15 PM
My name is Em_storm, and I'm a Castle Story addict.

One day my kids cut yellow arrows, coins, flower petals, a ruby, and coal out of construction paper. They gathered a toy sword, a camping lantern, a plastic pail, and got play food from the toy kitchen. They sat holding the arrows over their heads saying, "Mom, the cow is ready to collect!" I guess I should have seen it as a desperate plea for attention. But I just kept playing.

Ok, ok. Not exactly. But my phone notification noise kept going off and I was so distracted. I kept checking in between collecting from my kids. So I did stop, but not entirely.

LittleBoNess
08-20-13, 07:23 AM
Hello .... I'm Li'Bo (to my wonderful CS friends)
I'm an addict to CS
Before February when I found this little game, I'd rise n' shine and get on with all my chores without stopping .... it is now August and I stop every 20 mins to check "cooking" progress on required URGENT items, milk cows, hassle chickens for golden eggs and make Sweet Treats for my hungry knights .... during this break I make tea (one handed) and a cookie. I have 210 new friends that keep me smiling with news on goals achieved and what's for dinner later :p I stay up way too late and at night my iphone lives on the book I started 3 months ago and has hardly turned a page! My list has no end to the problems I am having keeping up with "other" things in my life and I'm always caught by hubby jabbing at buildings and cows!!
My waist is getting comfy looking and I need an ipad mini for Christmas because my kingdom looks too small ..... please help!!

bfmello
08-20-13, 09:08 AM
Hi Im bfmello and ?a CS addicted
really love this forum :)
Like many of you the thought of chopping a real tree crossed my mind more than once, guess it was ?the first sign of addiction, then ?it got worst: I ?be*** to plan the day according to goals, for instance
if I need sugar: time to make the beds, then to wait for flour to finish: time to hv the shower, then if I need orange pies (to get 1 single gem, lol) time to do the laundry, and so on..also try to guess how long a ?line in grocery store will take to see what to put to bake while entering it..and ?when I realise: the day is gone...

dala12
09-01-13, 01:13 PM
Hi, I am dala12 and I am an addict to CS. I even have my egg clock timed to make blocks etc. I do not pay attention at home and neglect husband and children (who are 14 and 17) so that is a bit okay... Thank god it is on my iPad so I can't take the game with me. Oh and on vacation I need free wifi! Yes I really love this game. I play DS also. That is my second addiction. I am happy to see I am not alone.

tigarlilyvol
11-25-13, 08:40 AM
I need help, I'm watching the clock, afraid to click on anything it might be needed for the quest, have gotten all my extra buildings out of storage, and still find my finger poised to click. Help.

meme1098
11-25-13, 08:44 AM
What do you need help with?

meme1098
11-25-13, 08:48 AM
This is tongue-in-cheek, btw.:o

tigarlilyvol
11-25-13, 09:03 AM
I need someone to pry my iPad from my clenched hands, but they better be able to run fast.

tanderson573
11-25-13, 10:10 AM
I had to delete and reinstall I'm over here pacing and wondering if anything will be missing when it comes back. I'm such an addict my boyfriend tells me I'm overs there making doughnuts and saving puppies then rolls his eyes (as his face is glued to Facebook) lol. He gets so annoyed but I dont see the problem... He once tried to take my phone while I was playing. Needless to say he won't be doing that again lol! My kids think I'm absolutely nuts because I'm on my phone more than my teenage daughter hahaha

HistoryGirl7
11-25-13, 01:19 PM
Had box seats at a huge college football game (personal tvs, concierge that stands right there, amazing food and bar)...and I couldn't stop playing cs :/ embarrassing, lol.

wswau
11-25-13, 05:55 PM
I am also a CS addict. I have been playing CS for more than three months now. Every morning when I woke up, I reach my phone to check on CS progress. Lately I have achieved my goal in CS. So maybe it is time for me to relax a bit for now until TL release more new challenges. :)

anotherfungame
02-21-14, 07:12 PM
10. You value the terms like...Red Petals, Alicorn Horns, Prism & Dragon Scales.
9. You set your alarm clock so that you don't miss out on a collection.
8. You find yourself checking the forum every hour on the hour.
7. You visit all of your neighbors everyday to see who is active.
6. You visit all of your neighbors everyday to see their progress on a new quest.
5. Your New Years resolution was to cut back on Castle Story.
4. You find yourself telling friends "Sorry, that time won't work for me, how about we meet hour earlier? " knowing that it will give you enough time to get home and have 2 hours of quality time with Castle Story Friends.
3. You wish you lived in a world like the "Jetsons" and all you have to do was push a button and laundry, dinner or projects were all taken care of leaving more time to tend to your Kingdom.
2. You dream that one day your best friend's names were Aggwynn, Kooky Panda, Maguar & Mini Laura.
1. You come down with a incurable disease called "Thursday Updateitis".

I absolutely LOVE this game and appreciate everyone who contributes to making it what it is! What does your list look like...

Best,
AnotherFunGame

Castloninian
02-21-14, 11:52 PM
When you're out for a lovely walk with your family and comment that your surroundings really look like Castle Story :)

meme1098
02-22-14, 07:45 AM
Especially #3. LOL!;) Since I hate housework:D

deegestorm
02-22-14, 08:24 AM
Hi, my name is Deege and I am CS Addict!
My husband hated me playin "that dang game" all the time. But now I got him hooked on it! That in itself is terribly funny but also he works in Iraq...so assuming the NSA is reading our emails...I keep picturing a whole room full of grown men anxiously trying to decode "send me some earth wisps" and "I almost have the Pink Alcorn completed"...

girufel
02-22-14, 01:11 PM
TL, when you read this thread: this game must never never NEVER end!!!!!
Never as in never.
Please.

rabsos
02-22-14, 01:23 PM
Hi I'm rabsos, and I am a castle story addict. So much addicted to it that last week is rescheduled my doctors appt because I don't have wifi there and my appt. was on a Thursday. I didn't want to miss the update...also it has ben now 3 days of trying to reorganize redecorate my entire castle just so I plus get a mermaid pond and I want it to look really good in my castle...

doobievilla
02-22-14, 01:28 PM
Got arrested at a farm other the day. I was checking the timers on the Animals. So embarrasing (

Queenzod
02-22-14, 01:32 PM
Got arrested at a farm other the day. I was checking the timers on the Animals. So embarrasing (

You know you can call one of us to bail you out, right? "It's okay, yer honor, we're just part of a cult..."

doobievilla
02-22-14, 03:20 PM
Also lost my Library Card cause I kept looking for and asking where Old THomas was.. I was told he was ALWAYS there!!!

homegrown234
03-02-14, 05:14 AM
Hi, my name is Deege and I am CS Addict!
My husband hated me playin "that dang game" all the time. But now I got him hooked on it! That in itself is terribly funny but also he works in Iraq...so assuming the NSA is reading our emails...I keep picturing a whole room full of grown men anxiously trying to decode "send me some earth wisps" and "I almost have the Pink Alcorn completed"...

This post made my night/ morning. It made me think of my grandfather, he worked for the NSA. I can see them now trying to decipher castle story lingo. Lol12519

tintedshadow
03-03-14, 04:08 AM
My name is Eleanor and I'm a Castle Story Addict!

I play first thing every morning as soon as my husband has gone to work, last thing at night before going to bed, numerous points throughout the day! I lost my job before Christmas and decided to set up my own business... I think I spend more time playing than working... Oops!

Who else finds themselves staring at the screen counting down the 3 minutes for "just 1 more energy so I can just collect... And THEN I'll do something useful"?

brdwybaby
03-07-14, 05:47 AM
My boyfriend's alarm went off earlier, prompting him to get up for work. It stirred me out of a sweet Castle Story slumber. Yes, I was dreaming in the Glimmerwood. That's never happened to me before, lol.

I dreamt I was rearranging my kingdom, and I mumbled, half-asleep, "Fruit." My boyfriend started cracking up and didn't know what was going on, to which I bust out laughing and explained that I didn't finish my thought out loud. I was moving fruit trees!

Checking on my kingdom...then back to bed! ;)

Queenzod
03-07-14, 09:10 AM
My boyfriend's alarm went off earlier, prompting him to get up for work. It stirred me out of a sweet Castle Story slumber. Yes, I was dreaming in the Glimmerwood. That's never happened to me before, lol.

I dreamt I was rearranging my kingdom, and I mumbled, half-asleep, "Fruit." My boyfriend started cracking up and didn't know what was going on, to which I bust out laughing and explained that I didn't finish my thought out loud. I was moving fruit trees!

Checking on my kingdom...then back to bed! ;)

OMG! I've done that! I wasn't moving fruit trees, but the dreaming part. I didn't remember until you said this. That's so funny!

eva178
03-14-14, 09:59 AM
Does anyone else do this?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/rockin-kitten/89333DBB-A693-4F5F-A8CD-D105FC368921-4061-000003974298BACE_zps34151ae1.jpg

Yes! I'm writing complete books about my goals that not be done yet, whith way to mutch details...
Like all the materials that are needed to build or craft, if I have them all in storage; just vink-it complete.
It gives me overview and that's great for me and my perfectionistisch character! LOL

tigarlilyvol
03-14-14, 02:08 PM
Yes! I'm writing complete books about my goals that not be done yet, whith way to mutch details...
Like all the materials that are needed to build or craft, if I have them all in storage; just vink-it complete.
It gives me overview and that's great for me and my perfectionistisch character! LOL

Yes I keep lists, too. Just a tad OCD, lol. I even keep lists of neighbors levels and points to help weed out inactives.

katbtodd
03-14-14, 02:17 PM
10. You value the terms like...Red Petals, Alicorn Horns, Prism & Dragon Scales.
9. You set your alarm clock so that you don't miss out on a collection.
8. You find yourself checking the forum every hour on the hour.
7. You visit all of your neighbors everyday to see who is active.
6. You visit all of your neighbors everyday to see their progress on a new quest.
5. Your New Years resolution was to cut back on Castle Story.
4. You find yourself telling friends "Sorry, that time won't work for me, how about we meet hour earlier? " knowing that it will give you enough time to get home and have 2 hours of quality time with Castle Story Friends.
3. You wish you lived in a world like the "Jetsons" and all you have to do was push a button and laundry, dinner or projects were all taken care of leaving more time to tend to your Kingdom.
2. You dream that one day your best friend's names were Aggwynn, Kooky Panda, Maguar & Mini Laura.
1. You come down with a incurable disease called "Thursday Updateitis".

I absolutely LOVE this game and appreciate everyone who contributes to making it what it is! What does your list look like...

Best,
AnotherFunGame
Laughing,,,, we are so bad,,,, but loving it

maguar
03-15-14, 04:49 PM
Sorting my library in real life and realised two things. 1) I don't have any beastiaries (must check next Bookfest for them) and 2) I need Thomas to do the library so I can tend my kingdom.

55lee55
05-13-14, 07:16 PM
Laughing,,,, we are so bad,,,, but loving it

Oh this thread is precious! I too am a Castle Story Addict! Thanks SpiritWind00, for sending me a link to another thread that has me lol till it hurts! :D

LadyLolepere
05-14-14, 02:45 PM
"Standing with head bowed" hi, I'm lolepere and I'm a Castle story addict. I started the game because I sustained an injury and was bedridden for a couple months. Now I can't get this monkey off my back! I have rearranged my kingdom ad nausem and the first thing I do when I get up in the morning is to grab my IPAD. I was upset when my family sent me IM's because they were interrupting my game! I don't really want to stop playing, so don't offer any help....well unless you want to send me gifts...I need a lot of silver and wisps.

doobievilla
05-14-14, 02:54 PM
I stopped to talk to some guys cutting down trees near Electric Wires.. i think the company is called Asplundh. I asked them what is the drop rate they are getting on Living Wood... i think one of them called the cops.

meme1098
05-14-14, 03:15 PM
That's funny! :D
I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and then realize I just had a castle story dream. Walking around my kingdom collecting from everything and stopping to tell Thurston something or other.

Queenzod
05-14-14, 03:52 PM
That's funny! :D
I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and then realize I just had a castle story dream. Walking around my kingdom collecting from everything and stopping to tell Thurston something or other.

I had a dream the other night where I got new drops! I don't remember what they were, but they were pretty and a completely new thing. I was so excited to be seeing something different and wondered what they were for. I remember thinking I needed to check the forum and did we have an update I didn't know about. So you're not alone in the Castle Story Dream Realms. Maybe we'll meet up some day in the dream ethers!

I really need to get a life, but I'm enjoying this one so much I don't want to. :)

doobievilla
05-14-14, 04:05 PM
I dreamed the other night that I ate a huge marshmallow... i woke up and one of my pillows was missing.

55lee55
05-14-14, 05:39 PM
I dreamed the other night that I ate a huge marshmallow... i woke up and one of my pillows was missing.

Oh my, did you burp feathers too? I love your unique sense of humor doobievilla! Wish I could pull out a witty comment for every occasion! If I say anything humorous, it is by accident ;)

...Maybe we'll meet up some day in the dream ethers!

I really need to get a life, but I'm enjoying this one so much I don't want to. :)

Lol, you too Queenzod! Awesome funny comments right on the mark! I look for posts by the two of you, and several others as well, because there is a good chance I will laugh till it hurts! Since this game is my entire social life, your posts are much of what I depend on to get my daily dose of laughter. I get the rest from posts on my wall :D

Queenzod
05-14-14, 05:44 PM
Oh my, did you burp feathers too? I love your unique sense of humor doobievilla! Wish I could pull out a witty comment for every occasion! If I say anything humorous, it is by accident ;)

I think Doobievilla "borrowed" this from Groucho Marx. :)

boxesj
05-15-14, 03:18 PM

You will definitely like the flavour of my pillow, I accidently dyed it pretty pink by washing with a red sleeping gown. I think it's now strawberry flavour!

PurpleScorpion76
08-05-14, 04:47 PM
I think I've been playing this game too much, I saw some red petals in the shop floor yesterday and thought Ooo if I collect them I can make faerie ?lixir and get some extra energy!

Anyone else done something similar?

reliquary
08-05-14, 05:53 PM
I started the game around mid May of this year...now on lv. 33....yeah I'm uhh ...(in denial)that I'm addicted:rolleyes:

There is a house out in the country out where I live in N. California that I swear has rock outcroppings just like in the game...when I think I could walk up into their yard & give them 20 chops, it really sinks in that that would be impossible.

But I did plant some strawberries this year 'cause of this game....and have been drinking a lot of homemade lemonade:)

Liloze
08-05-14, 06:11 PM
Cannot go through a day without Castle story. Yep officially addicted. And needing multiple doses / day too lol.
I started playing directly after the Valentine special version (ah this Love Shack ! if I only knew before it ended! :) )
So now CS is my daily fix, and The first thing I do in the morning while drinking my coffee is checking CS.

It is the Golden apple what I thought of when I was in the produce section trying to decide which kind of apples I wanted to buy!
Looking at all those red apples, in my mind I saw the small cute trees with the Golden Apple dropping, yep ...totally addicted !

Maybe one day I might raise a small white sheep in my backyard, or a cute white and black Pig and name it Sir Pigglesworth :)

PurpleScorpion76
08-06-14, 11:07 AM
I enjoy this game!

I have to have enough to work on each type 5 cows must have 5 energy. 3 chickens must have 3 energy. If I accidentally tap a cottage instead I have to wait for the next energy to be able to be used.

jimboser
08-06-14, 11:36 AM
A few months back, I was on a drive and came across this area with nicely planted trees, spaced nicely along the side of the road. I remember thinking to myself:

What's with all the trees, I don't need trees. I'm maxed out on wood!

It really took a minute to realize I wasn't in the game.

Queenzod
08-06-14, 12:28 PM
What gets me is when I'm sleeping and have a dream that there's new stuff! I get all excited, both in my sleep and when I wake up, thinking that we got new drops! I had a dream last week that was so realistic I'm still not sure what I dreamt about isn't in the game, lol. It would be neat if what we dream about could be real. But then again, last night I was in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, so maybe that's not a good idea. :)

maguar
08-06-14, 03:01 PM
I have to have enough to work on each type 5 cows must have 5 energy. 3 chickens must have 3 energy. If I accidentally tap a cottage instead I have to wait for the next energy to be able to be used.

If you accidentally tap the cottage click on the edit button before your avatar collects from the cottage. This basically cancels the move leaving you free to collect from your animals

Squidlish
08-06-14, 06:00 PM
This thread is hilarious - and gives me GREAT RELIEF to know that I am not the only one with these symptoms!

I realized the other day that I have been mentally planning various life-tasks in 3 minute incremental blocks.
For example - it will take me roughly 12 minutes to do those dishes which is perfect so I can collect from my middle-row of 4 cows (cuz I can't collect from just ONE of those 4 cows, it must be all 4) and then YAY hopefully I'll get my last fertilizer for another attempt at a glimmer-pitcher-plant!

Also - does anyone else do this? When collecting from something that gives random goodies (ie: pergola, Sir Piggy, knights returning from an adventure etc.) - as I collect I sing a little song to myself: Namely the chorus of "Tell me something Good" by Rufus/Chaka Khan (except I say Give me something instead of Tell me something...LOL). Inevitably, no matter the drop, I always respond with an "I'll take it".

(Truly mental - but I know you'll all understand this insanity) LOL

Queenzod
08-06-14, 07:48 PM
Squidlish, I don't know how to say this, but nobody does that. Clearly, you've gone over the edge. We'll have some folks out to collect you later. You'll be able to have a nice, long rest at Glimmer Oaks Rest Home. ;)

Squidlish
08-06-14, 09:55 PM
Squidlish, I don't know how to say this, but nobody does that. Clearly, you've gone over the edge. We'll have some folks out to collect you later. You'll be able to have a nice, long rest at Glimmer Oaks Rest Home. ;)

**hanging head in embarrassment**
I was worried this might be the case...
(but really, that song refrain is just so catchy!)

EBJW
08-07-14, 01:33 AM
I know a whole group of addicts:
all those who are really upset about the new icon...! ;)

Yeah, me included :cool:

(by the way: during my vacation I saw some dead trees and my first thought was: how pretty, i put them in my kingdom!)

gilachaya
08-07-14, 08:04 PM
I've been in the grocery store and seen ingredients I need for my next adventure and thought 'I need that'. Then I realize I'm thinking about the game ��

Now I lay me down to sleep
My iPhone charging at my feet
In the morning I will play
Who wants to work anyway!

outhouse01
08-08-14, 08:57 PM
Lol. I just told my naughty dog to stop being a troll snot. Didn't realise I had actually said it until I did. He looked at me kind of weird. That's bad!

NW, it's all your fault!

Gabi2111
08-09-14, 08:19 AM
Lol. I just told my naughty dog to stop being a troll snot. Didn't realise I had actually said it until I did. He looked at me kind of weird. That's bad!

NW, it's all your fault!

That's hilarious. Poor doggy. NW is such a bad bad influence!!!!

Queenzod
08-09-14, 10:32 AM
That's hilarious. Poor doggy. NW is such a bad bad influence!!!!

Yes, but she's a *good* bad influence! ;)

lisman
08-09-14, 01:22 PM
OMG this is the first time I have sen this thread and it just made me smile, just to know that i am not alone helps me relax. My arm and finger has gotten musle memory from playing this game because the first thing that happens when i open the iPad is that My finger goes to the CS app without me thinking to open the game.
It has happen that I start to daydream about what is happening in My kingdom. I know am mental but i just can't help My self, please help me I don't want to be draged in to the padded room of horror

tigarlilyvol
08-09-14, 05:19 PM
Padded room of horror.......that is in Greselda's castle dungeon....don't want to go there.

lisman
08-09-14, 05:48 PM
Padded room of horror.......that is in Greselda's castle dungeon....don't want to go there.

Exactly I don't know what kind of new plants that is hanging along the walls with the spike heels she has there

Shh I think heard a scream..... hide everybody *hides behind the giant green pine tree*

CottageRose
08-10-14, 03:32 PM
This thread is hilarious - and gives me GREAT RELIEF to know that I am not the only one with these symptoms! ...

Also - does anyone else do this? When collecting from something that gives random goodies (ie: pergola, Sir Piggy, knights returning from an adventure etc.) - as I collect I sing a little song to myself: Namely the chorus of "Tell me something Good" by Rufus/Chaka Khan (except I say Give me something instead of Tell me something...LOL). Inevitably, no matter the drop, I always respond with an "I'll take it".

(Truly mental - but I know you'll all understand this insanity) LOL
OMG! This is stuck in my head now, as I run around after Sun Stones. :D
Give me something good... I'll take it... lol

Liloze
08-11-14, 07:38 AM
I am dreaming now of CS :o !!
I woke up today from a very happy dream, alas reality crushed my bubble!
I dreamt that the Dark Cave Quest gave me a dark Cave Formation but it was not grey with blue specks, but this orange sun stones color and every chop I got one, Gosh it felt so good !

It was just a dream ( weeps) lol

PurpleScorpion76
08-11-14, 03:50 PM
Haven't dreamt of CS yet. But find myself working out my strategy while doing the dishes or brushing my teeth. Ie I'll collect from the pyre tent first, then mines, then flowers or plants to hopefully generate a beast.

Queenzod
08-11-14, 06:27 PM
Ooo! That reminds me. I was just having a nap this afternoon, and I dreamt I got faerie blocks from the mine!

But, no. Sadface

Liloze
08-12-14, 05:44 AM
Haven't dreamt of CS yet. But find myself working out my strategy while doing the dishes or brushing my teeth. Ie I'll collect from the pyre tent first, then mines, then flowers or plants to hopefully generate a beast.

Lol I do that as well while vacuuming mostly lol.

Liloze
08-12-14, 05:46 AM
Ooo! That reminds me. I was just having a nap this afternoon, and I dreamt I got faerie blocks from the mine!

But, no. Sadface

I hear you :) sad sad reality : lol

bisonbuy
08-13-14, 05:24 AM
I'm starting to burn my fingers collecting those sun stones....mindless fun!

Alicew319
08-13-14, 05:49 AM
I can never seem to wait if I'm collecting a lot of things at once, so I always click on the social menu so I can collect faster. Sometimes that even seems to take awhile....lol

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 04:58 AM
I'm now dreaming of braziers yapping their teeth, dropping in my dreams :( yep I'm now dreaming of Glimmerwood!

Liloze
08-14-14, 06:58 AM
I'm now dreaming of braziers yapping their teeth, dropping in my dreams :( yep I'm now dreaming of Glimmerwood!

Welcome to the club lol :)

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the club lol :)

Thank you. I feel special :)

PurpleScorpion76
08-28-14, 03:46 AM
I woke up this morning after dreaming we had had an increase in our default energy to 60! I actually thought it had happened and checked the game as soon as I woke up! Lol!

Boohoo it was only a dream.

PurpleScorpion76
10-01-14, 04:07 AM
I dreamt last night I received light armour after light armour from each Thurston related building. Oh how that would have been fabulous. Alas it's been long swords this morning.

bookadey
10-05-14, 06:06 PM
My name is Twilight Woods and I am a Castle Story addict. I started this game this summer to get gems for another game (can't even remember what game lol) and haven't put my phone down since! Anytime I have 2 minutes (or more) I am checking my game, because energy maxed is energy lost - right? I have spreadsheets for my neighbors that I track daily and am working on an inventory checklist/tracker!

Working feverishly to get 'caught up' so I can chat with y'all about progress made in the game.

No more sleeping in for me and I check the forums between cook times and energy refills - speaking of which..... gotta check on my kingdom

SpiritWind00
03-09-15, 07:03 PM
I've been looking for this thread for ages and found it, so I'm posting to get it back on the front page.

Warning: this thread may make you laugh so much you might want to make sure you're sitting down.

I'll start it off again.... Hi my name is SW and I am a self-confessed CS addict. My latest "moments" are getting on the wrong train to go to work (I was reading the forum whilst waiting for the train and just got on the one that arrived); losing track of time and forgetting to make dinner and put the kids to bed and then wondering why they're so tired the next day (ok, this happens more than I should admit).

Your turn!

anurulz
03-09-15, 10:21 PM
I am relatively new at the game but my husband literally has started saying am having an affair with the game..i play on the phone so am taking breaks at work, putting off making dinner, going to sleep at decent hours; all so tht i can collect stuff one last time...

katbtodd
03-10-15, 02:48 AM
My name is Kat I am a castle Story addict too ️hello group! My hubby teases me but in a fun way , I set my timer so I can collect. Yes my bed time is when I can collect last,,like when hubby say going to bed I will check somethinking and say,,yep in 7 mins or,what ever time is left on what I'm waiting for , and I been playing since Oct 2012 and it's only gotten worse!!! Yes yes ,,I'm here to stay

Korlcek
03-10-15, 03:40 AM
I played slots continuously for three days just to get the extra gems.

Anaboe
03-10-15, 07:23 AM
I reached ALL required levels in ALL games TL offered just to get the extra gems/gold in Pet Shop Story, Mystery Story, Fashion Story, Dragon Story, Backery Story, Restaurant Story, Castle Story, Wonderland, Restaurant Story 2, Fish Mania and Farm Story.

I'm constantly asking my friends to install Dragon Story just to send me gold, my hubby sends me gold every day, as is my brother, but they both don't play.

When there is an event or a tournament, I even play while visiting friends and I use an alarm to know when to do what next and don't forget it.

I'm not only addicted to Castle Story, but to many of the TL games.

I need a life.

AnniePMH
03-10-15, 08:01 AM
I still wake up at regular intervals during the night after maxing tannins, hides and dummies during the recent Troll updates... Played so much that my unit broke, had to get a new one...:cool: Love every bit of it!:o

katbtodd
03-10-15, 08:08 AM
Welcome to our group Annie ,we all have our reason why we are so addicted

Liloze
03-10-15, 09:25 AM
Ok I was debating if I should narrate my sleep-talking episode which induced my husband into a fit of laughter at 2 in the morning! :o

Seems I was dreaming about CS because he told me I was blabbering about wool and The Royal Trade :o ( he said Trade something...he did not quite get it) lol

He knows he's got an addict on his hands!
When I was sick (flu) a couple of months ago I made him take care of my game- daily- ;)
Still he doesn't want to play it :(
He prefers war games :rolleyes:

VanaCatu
03-10-15, 09:46 AM
hey guys! thanks to ms. spirit for digging this thread out, so here is my story... (too many characters, so i'm hiding it in spoiler in order not to overlength the page. if anyone interested, just be prepared! lol!)

i'm almost 38, i have a best man in the world, a best 10yrs girl in the world, and a best 11years kinda-datcshund in the world (:
i never played any games seriously, just had no time for it. i was working hard untill everythyng was ruined in my country.

in february 2013, when my girl was 8, we bought a tablett as a birthday gift for her.
somewhere in june of that year, we had summer break, and she said "mom! i'm playing some dragons here, and it's asking me to install and beat some levels in other game - thus, i can get some gold for my dragons... i installed, but not really interested in that one. can u please go through the levels for me?"

"other game" was bakery story. and i went it through needed qtty of levels.
while i was going, i got gem-goal to install and go through restaurant story and fashion story.
each time i was considering that i'm just gonna reach required level - and drop.

it was going on over 3 weeks already.
but when i found myself woken up by alarm at 4 a.m. to collect some cookies - i'd realized finally that i stuck in all this "chain-games-marketing" - and, unfortunatelly, it was too late... (lol!)

in september 2013, when my girl went back to school, my hubby, having a 50/50 laugh and crying, bought me a tablett too!
i wasn't asking for this! but he discovered all my relations with it during that summer, and decided to keep my addiction on, since he saw what happened when child took her tablett off from me...

so, i've transferred the account - and succesfully kept to play all those "seems-one-go-for-gems-games"...

time was giong, $ exhange rate was growing... the only problem was i'm on android.

i really do understand android issues. it is US' based company, and Apple is everything for US (: it only for my country now, that my hubby have to work 3-4 motnhs to get possibility to pay for some I-Device (i mean, not eating, not anything - just putting all income into purchase of i-phone or -pad or whtevr).

so i humbled with it, and focused on 2-3 games, not affected by IOs priority.

(dragons crashing every 10 moves done in it. plus this game have really shortened prospects. imagine, u cannot have deep mine coz u play via android. or u cannot expand to glimmergate. or u cannot have dragons. or.. whtevr! (: )
(fashion didn't count your income. imaging, u're logging in, having 5 coins. u collect from all huge buildings, like cathedral, etc... and it still shows u have only 5 coins)
(farm was just abandoned by developers. nothing new abt 2yrs already)
(farm story2 provides events, but only for IOs. so sooner or later, u being on android, just have nothing interesting to do with it)

and finally last autumn, here is the new gem-goal! castle story finally released for android too! install and reach lvl12.

My hubby said "oh! U have new tama..ochi!"
"no!" I said, "it's only to get gems, like bingo, candy blast, blabla"
"oh no, it doesn't look like bingo... when smth's looking like this, I don't believe u", he said.
"u can be sure! I was running through the forum, looking for next steps etc... I understood I wd never do this game! So many requirements, goals, lines, etc... I'll go nuts earlier!"

Well, he was right! as usually! I stuck in it! (:

Coz even despite it's in android, it's quite interesting.
And I have a plan for everything (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?79235-Mithril-what-to-do-with-it&p=1067516&viewfull=1#post1067516), but being on lvl.32, I see the goals won't end at least 1 year more, so I'll have wht to do to keep staying addicted enough, lol! ))

jbfps116
03-10-15, 04:08 PM
I stopped to talk to some guys cutting down trees near Electric Wires.. i think the company is called Asplundh. I asked them what is the drop rate they are getting on Living Wood... i think one of them called the cops.

:):D:o That was too funny!!!

jbfps116
03-10-15, 04:14 PM
I've tried dozens of other "story," games like CS, where you make items to survive and build buildings on an island etc. but none so far is as good as CS EVEN with the horrible gem traps. Yes I play CS quite a lot but I don't let it interfere with my life. I spend a good 2 hours arranging my kingdom perfectly then keep it that way for a few months.

gussygee78
03-10-15, 07:59 PM
I play a lot of Scrabble on the web, tournaments and whenever I can find someone to play. I'm playing a game on the web the other day and drew the letters M-I-T-H-R-I-L. I'm giddy with excitement as I look for a spot to play my 7 letter word for the 50 point bonus. I'm getting ready to play the word and the logic part of my brain suddenly takes over. No mithril is not actually an English word, it is a made up substance in a fantasy game I spend too much time on. My euphoria was over and I sat and sulked as my timer went downward and I had to look for an actual word to play.

shambalaya
03-11-15, 01:16 AM
I play a lot of Scrabble on the web, tournaments and whenever I can find someone to play. I'm playing a game on the web the other day and drew the letters M-I-T-H-R-I-L. I'm giddy with excitement as I look for a spot to play my 7 letter word for the 50 point bonus. I'm getting ready to play the word and the logic part of my brain suddenly takes over. No mithril is not actually an English word, it is a made up substance in a fantasy game I spend too much time on. My euphoria was over and I sat and sulked as my timer went downward and I had to look for an actual word to play.

Are you sure it wouldn't count? New words are added to the dictionary all the time and mithril is also a word from the Tolkien universe, so it has many decades of existence by now! And it's in Wikipedia :-)

Dephinia
03-23-16, 03:22 PM
Hi, my name is Dephinia, and I'm a Castle Story addict! [waves]

I have collected while sitting at long traffic lights and waiting in line at the pharmacy etc.
I've become the 'always looks at phone instead of participating in reality' caricature I swore to myself I'd never be.
I unfortunately use it to distract me from unpleasant realities I can't otherwise change -- but that's nothing new, I've been doing that since I was two and started reading.

Last night I got out a map of a fictional city -- Terry Pratchett's Ankh-Morpork from his Discworld series of fantasy satire novels -- and spent at least two hours trying to arrange my town to reflect that twin city on the river Ankh using the green-dyed river we got for Season of Luck. Sir Terry would surely roll in his grave, though, from all the candy colors and bright-eyed pink pigs, and total lack of outhouses and city watch and guilds of assassins and thieves. Like a mirror-universe Ankh-Morpork.

Also I notice get more benefit from my 'neighbor' friendships than any face-to-face. If only in real life helping one another directly and immediately benefitted both parties, that would be interesting to see. Or maybe it'd just create different problems?

I'm philosophizing based on Castle Story! I definitely need a padded cell… :D

~Dephinia

tentalen
03-23-16, 03:58 PM
:):D:o That was too funny!!!

Thanks a big bunch for the laugh out loud today. You rocked my world...castle story world that is

Tealantern
11-15-16, 11:36 AM
Yup, I love this game 24/7 - it's true. How many hours do you spend playing Castle Story in a typical day and is it your favourite Storm game?

SpiritWind00
11-15-16, 02:17 PM
Aahh, another true castle story addict.... ;)
I rarely miss a day! Yes it's still my fave and I actively play a couple other ones too.

Merged with main thread.

Andro45
11-16-16, 02:10 PM
Hi, my name is Dephinia, and I'm a Castle Story addict! [waves]

I have collected while sitting at long traffic lights and waiting in line at the pharmacy etc.
I've become the 'always looks at phone instead of participating in reality' caricature I swore to myself I'd never be.
I unfortunately use it to distract me from unpleasant realities I can't otherwise change -- but that's nothing new, I've been doing that since I was two and started reading.

Last night I got out a map of a fictional city -- Terry Pratchett's Ankh-Morpork from his Discworld series of fantasy satire novels -- and spent at least two hours trying to arrange my town to reflect that twin city on the river Ankh using the green-dyed river we got for Season of Luck. Sir Terry would surely roll in his grave, though, from all the candy colors and bright-eyed pink pigs, and total lack of outhouses and city watch and guilds of assassins and thieves. Like a mirror-universe Ankh-Morpork.

Also I notice get more benefit from my 'neighbor' friendships than any face-to-face. If only in real life helping one another directly and immediately benefitted both parties, that would be interesting to see. Or maybe it'd just create different problems?

I'm philosophizing based on Castle Story! I definitely need a padded cell… :D

~Dephinia

Sir Terry probably would have loved it. The man did have a sense of humor, right? (I love his books, it was a real loss for the world when he died).

Oh, and I am addicted too...No time for reading anymore...

dipwid
11-18-16, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the game, but I hate to let my tablet go below 15%charge as it interferes with CS collection times. I also catch myself dreaming up decorating ideas, such as a carriage race ( I have 5 normal carriages, the haunted carriage, wedding carriage, and queens carriage, and now Clyde's carriage.)

tonyjosiah
11-21-16, 11:38 AM
I am definitely a CS addict and hoarder. I play EVERY day, almost hourly, on my iPhone so I frequently find myself checking on timed items during company meetings and I try to have 1 of everything in my inventory. I have maxed out on all royal decoration items (carriages, horse statues, etc) & have enough creatures to fill half my kingdom. I reall wish this game would unlock ALL expansions like dragon story so I could display my hoard! LOL. AND BRING BACK THE LOVE SHACK! ��

comeseecomesah
12-05-16, 03:31 PM
Watching cookery programme on tv yesterday and stopped myself saying out loud...' That Dear on the shelf is just like the one I got from the Elvin Rune market'.

ClaireEdwolf
12-28-16, 01:51 AM
I'm ClaireEdwolf and I'm another CS addict. Here I tell you some dreams I've had about CS which all in 3D edition mode and felt super real.
One day I had a dream about the Love Shack being available again and we could get it through crafting (by some pink parts) and I got too excited. Waking up checked CS immediately just to feel a fountain of disappointment…
Other day, I dreamed about a new storyline where there was a new Queen visiting my kingdom and told us about her kingdom up in the air, and Ivy brewed a potion which could make us fly for a couple of hours, then everyone left the kingdom, except for Old Thomas who had acrophobia, to fly above the cloud and through a huge icy white gate in order to see her invisible kingdom, we fought some mysterious beasts there... and I was extremely excited! Lol. And that was long before the elves storyline introduced.
The last one was not really related to CS but about S8, I bought a mysterious well wrapped gift box from the company on my way home, was eager to find out what would be inside, but when I finally got home and opened it, there was nothing but a teared paper which wrote: "you have been conned", then suddenly creepy vines grew up from the box and filled up my house... I know it was meaningless, haha, I think I dreamed that one after the glimmer ali scandal. :rolleyes:

jesslc41
10-20-17, 07:07 AM
This thread is brilliant - I'm glad I found it in SW's how to use the Hub post.

And wow reading this has made me feel a lot better about my Castle Story addiction! Yes, I play first thing upon waking before even getting out of bed and continue playing pretty much all day long frequently enough that my energy pretty much never gets back to maximum. And real life things like cooking, chores, exercises, even having a shower - I'm only getting done while I wait for energy to refill again.

But I have never deliberately woken up in the night to play, I've never dreamt about Castle Story, and I only rearrange my kingdom once in a while - so clearly my addiction is not that bad, right? :)

SpiritWind00
10-20-17, 02:17 PM
:) give it time Jess! *smiling!*

I agree with you, this thread is one of my favourites still!