PDA

View Full Version : Losing money

totaltechno
11-11-12, 09:15 AM
Recently I've been trying to master recipes, and I've been losing money from baking.

queentina3
11-11-12, 09:38 AM
You'll continue to lose money if you continue to bake constantly. The price increase changes that TL made to this game requires you to stop cooking for awhile to let your stock run low/out and then proceed with cooking again. If you look at the recipe cost and the amount you'll make once it all sells, you'll see that you won't have enough money to bake that item again right away, you need to wait for most, if not all, of it to sell first.

I thought Sehana had updated her 2012 spreadsheet, found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AirojqZymHCpdDlCX3F1OU1tODFTNW4xZWpBb2RDZ EE

with the cashflow of each item, but it doesn't look like she did. You can use that spreadsheet and just take the Profit minus Cost to get the Cashflow of each recipe. You'll notice that MOST recipes have a negative cashflow now, which means that you don't make enough money from the profit to bake that recipe again right away.

This is why MANY people quit the game. What is the point in playing a BAKING game if you have to stop BAKING for great lengths of time? *shrugs*

sweetstuff525
11-11-12, 10:23 AM
Yup like queentina said eventually you'll go broke lol unless you stop baking when this is bakery story lol

Before the increases the Halloween goals I started with 10 mil I haven't been able to get 10 mil back
Maybe because I bought some fall stuff but oh well

totaltechno
11-11-12, 11:25 AM
I guess this is is the cost of 37 gems worth of mastering recipes :/

totaltechno
11-11-12, 11:29 AM
With this in consideration, I am seriously considering picking up RS again, which I know next to nothing about profit wise.

queentina3
11-11-12, 03:35 PM
With this in consideration, I am seriously considering picking up RS again, which I know next to nothing about profit wise.

I love RS right now. It has had great updates, IMO, and no pricing changes to the recipes. Sure some decor has gone up in price, but nothing tragic like with BS.

Sehana has a spreadsheet for RS as well, it is in that forum, so you can go by that. There are NO recipes that generate a negative cash flow and even when I first started out, I never ran out of money from cooking. My Droid RS I've been building up lately, and even though I've limited seats to keep some food on the counters, I've still made enough money to decorate how I want and still cook with no problems. I don't buy gems for my Droid games, only my iPad games and rarely, and I still like RS better right now.

momsserenity
11-14-12, 09:51 AM
So basically , what your saying is....if we play the game, we r going to lose?!! �� I feel like I've wasted 2yrs ��I can't even get to 100k nvrmd bk up in the millions again!! And how popup is for buying coin with gems is shady!! I wasted 10 gems because they have the buy coins in the shaded area!! My time on Bakery is soon to b short lived. It's such a shame that they had to take what started as awesome games, & ruin them��it saddens me. What's even sadder is that Storm8 was always a very awesome & caring company.

howdy2you
11-14-12, 09:53 AM
I don't really enjoy bakery anymore. The changes were too violent. Bummer:(