PDA

View Full Version : The Reason for the Clutter

Takiofallen
11-11-12, 12:37 AM
Ok i'm going to be the []who makes a point. I completely understand why TL puts a limit on habitats. It's all about DIVERSITY. Ok Ok let me make my point before you start throwing bombs. I am a vet DS player and my original goal was to have one of each dragon. It has changed quiet a bit since the game has evolved. I went from wanting one of each to just wanting the ones i like. My point is that with the issue of space or lack there of it forces you to make a choice. Not what you want to get but what you want to keep. This helps make the unique islands that we know of or run across. I know some one who has a island with no first generation common dragons. I also know people who own diamond islands. Point is if they give us enough habitats to keep one of every dragon eventually we will all look the same. So keep the ones you love and screw the rest. (Rant for the week)

CrimsonCalamity
11-11-12, 02:30 AM
Ok i'm going to be the []who makes a point. I completely understand why TL puts a limit on habitats. It's all about DIVERSITY. Ok Ok let me make my point before you start throwing bombs. I am a vet DS player and my original goal was to have one of each dragon. It has changed quiet a bit since the game has evolved. I went from wanting one of each to just wanting the ones i like. My point is that with the issue of space or lack there of it forces you to make a choice. Not what you want to get but what you want to keep. This helps make the unique islands that we know of or run across. I know some one who has a island with no first generation common dragons. I also know people who own diamond islands. Point is if they give us enough habitats to keep one of every dragon eventually we will all look the same. So keep the ones you love and screw the rest. (Rant for the week)

I see your point. This is creating an pretty island home for dragons, not Pokemon.

Tossa747
11-11-12, 03:30 AM
I'll go for one of each for now as I still have plenty of room left. I almost always delete doubles, except super rares. When I run out of space I'll delete the ugly ones :D

MazShaddix
11-11-12, 03:37 AM
Well I was aiming for one of each but the LE's screwed me over so now I'm just gonna keep ones I don't have but if I get a double of ones I like I will keep but at a lower level but I'm now expanding to other islands, seeing as my money was just sitting there and why collect money if its just gonna sit there

Tossa747
11-11-12, 03:56 AM
Well I was aiming for one of each but the LE's screwed me over so now I'm just gonna keep ones I don't have but if I get a double of ones I like I will keep but at a lower level but I'm now expanding to other islands, seeing as my money was just sitting there and why collect money if its just gonna sit there
Yeah, that's how I think too :) But I mostly focus on getting my dragons to epic, so most of my money go to food. But when I get enough maps I expand, that's around 3 times a week.

Suave_Spencer
11-11-12, 04:11 AM
A) It's entirely possible to have one of each dragon, including LEs and diamonds. B) Surely the point of the game is to collect the all dragons?

Tango_K
11-11-12, 06:18 AM
Even if u have all the dragons, everyone's island will be different because u can put many different combinations in different habitat. U can also decorate ur island to make its look different from other island

salinho
11-11-12, 06:29 AM
Even if u have all the dragons, everyone's island will be different because u can put many different combinations in different habitat. U can also decorate ur island to make its look different from other island

Agreed. Still, I get what takiofallen means. Makes sense. Ran out of room? Get rid of the dragons you like less. Keep reprats only of he ones you like, if possible. :)

Still, we will need more habitats eventually, with new dragons coming out so frequently.

Tango_K
11-11-12, 06:30 AM
Agreed. Still, I get what takiofallen means. Makes sense. Ran out of room? Get rid of the dragons you like less. Keep reprats only of he ones you like, if possible. :)

Still, we will need more habitats eventually, with new dragons coming out so frequently.

Agreed, we need more habitat to put those new dragon thats arriving every week...its like 4 dragon a month!

enoch4
11-11-12, 07:16 AM
I don't think you're a jerk for making your point. You could be right on, and the limit certainly does force us to choose our priorities. Some opt to keep breeding diamonds and get rid of pure/common dragons, or just skip the ones they dislike. It is just tough on those of us for whom a complete collection is the priority. We may have to give that up, you are right. But I still say, with the rate of new dragons coming out, the limit will have to increase eventually. I hope so anyway.

dragonolic
11-11-12, 10:55 AM
A) It's entirely possible to have one of each dragon, including LEs and diamonds. B) Surely the point of the game is to collect the all dragons?

Only for some people. I've never felt the need to have one of each. The point of the game is to breed and grow dragons however you want. I sold the ugly ones from the start and my game is about keeping drains I like on islands I like looking at.

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-11-12, 11:45 PM
I thought there was someone who managed to uave one of every dragon on their island?
I also understand this diversity need but with certain peoples islands not being able to breed certain dragons and others filling their islan dwith only moneymakers, wouldnt everyones islands be diffrent anyway?
Im hoping they do add lots more habitats because i do want one of every dragon (luckily i got all LE dragons), and yes EyesOfIsis i am also a pokemaniac.

CrimsonCalamity
11-12-12, 01:58 AM
I thought there was someone who managed to uave one of every dragon on their island?
I also understand this diversity need but with certain peoples islands not being able to breed certain dragons and others filling their islan dwith only moneymakers, wouldnt everyones islands be diffrent anyway?
Im hoping they do add lots more habitats because i do want one of every dragon (luckily i got all LE dragons), and yes EyesOfIsis i am also a pokemaniac.

I am as well, but only with the first and second gens. ;) I think the thing that makes collecting one of every dragon virtually impossible is because of the diamond habitat thing. If you do want the max money those habitats can bring, it means you are giving up about 5 or more habitats of space for them.

CrimsonCalamity
11-12-12, 01:59 AM

My original goal was also to collect them all, but as I've started with diamonds, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me. I've changed my goal to just having a nice island.

mammami08
11-12-12, 02:54 AM
I am as well, but only with the first and second gens. ;) I think the thing that makes collecting one of every dragon virtually impossible is because of the diamond habitat thing. If you do want the max money those habitats can bring, it means you are giving up about 5 or more habitats of space for them.

t is possible to have one of each today, i have, and i have some extra i like so thats why i keep them. There are, to this day, 7 diamond and diamond hybrids (diamond, cruzaider, quartzel, mercury, gold, infinity and angel) that leaves you with the possibility to have 23 nondiamond habitats. With that you can keep 69 more dragons and including the LE:s there are 55 different dragons not counting diamond or diamond hybrids.

So if you do get one of each that leaves you with the possibility to keep 14 duplicats to day. So if TL releases one new dragon every wek in 14 weeks there would no longer be possibe to have one of each if they don't increase the number of habitats max.

salinho
11-12-12, 04:51 AM

Hear ye, hear ye! It starts getting exaggerated after the third gen -.-; two generations would have sufdiced, IMHO. I still stubbornly prefer pok?s from earlier generations, but it's not like i've played after the 3rd gen...ned a laptop to run an emulator. Lol.

And I agree with the above post from mammami08 ! I mean, I don't have all the dragons and have quite a few duplicates, and I know I'll have to get rid of some, but I wish I could keep some more. Because eventually those will have to go. And ot's nice to be able to flaunt super rare repeats around :p (especially when I can't get others I don't have yet...lol)

penqueen2
11-12-12, 02:54 PM
You only need 2 Diamond habitats. One for Diamond and one for Infinity. They are the only diamond only types. The other diamond types will go into the color habitats.
Gold into yellow. Crusader into red. Angel into light. Etc.
This gives you 28 * 3 =84+2 =86 Max
The habitats of color do fill up quickly!

salinho
11-12-12, 03:02 PM
You only need 2 Diamond habitats. One for Diamond and one for Infinity. They are the only diamond only types. The other diamond types will go into the color habitats.
Gold into yellow. Crusader into red. Angel into light. Etc.
This gives you 28 * 3 =84+2 =86 Max
The habitats of color do fill up quickly!
People usually prefer the diamond habitats because they store more money. Ehehe ;)

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-12-12, 03:05 PM
Im also only pokemaniac of the first two gens ;)
I If it comes down to it then i wouldnt have a problem with not having every single one, but instead of selling them now i will wait for trading to be available so i can give out the ones i dont want to someone who will appreciate it.