PDA

View Full Version : Expanding areas and trees

ninjaAhug
11-10-12, 07:06 PM
Hey guys and gals :)
I am still quite new to castle story and am about to purchase my first expansion of land. On the land I currently own how ever, seems to have a section of troublesome trees and was wondering if there was a simple way to remove them without burning energy and, will these trees be a problem when I expand my land? Thank you for your time :)

midnightmeerkat
11-10-12, 07:20 PM
Hey guys and gals :)
I am still quite new to castle story and am about to purchase my first expansion of land. On the land I currently own how ever, seems to have a section of troublesome trees and was wondering if there was a simple way to remove them without burning energy and, will these trees be a problem when I expand my land? Thank you for your time :)
You will need the wood and sap that you get when you chop the trees down.... You can move the trees to an edge where they are not in the way, then chop them when you need the wood or have a few extra energy.

moonchips
11-10-12, 07:23 PM
Hi, if you play dragon story, the trees actually work differently here in Castle Story.
The trees are meant to provide you with wood/tree sap/living wood which are materials you will be needing for crafting. it will not affect your expansion.
for your first expansion, i would suggest one of the 2 plots that are neighbouring to the tree lady, because you need to expand to the tree lady asap to unlock the crafting building potion shop.
potion shop is a quest given by Ivy the tree lady. you need the simple glue (crafted from water and tree sap) made from potion shop in order to build many buildings after level 10.

you cant remove the trees without burning energy, you cant sell the trees nor can you store them in the storage cellar.
from my experience i dont have much problem with spacing YET. what you can do is lump all the trees together in 1 corner (you can shift them around under edit mode) and only cut them when u need the material or have spare energy.
for the small grass and log etc they can be cleared in 1 to 2 actions. so just chop those off first to make space.

hope this helped! lemme know if you have any more questions. you can add me as neighbour the one im currently playing is moonchips2

ninjaAhug
11-10-12, 07:28 PM
Thank you very much for your help :)

Rockinkitten
11-11-12, 01:30 AM
Further along in the games you'll be planting trees because you need their wood. You'll love the expansion trees then!

laVirtualCloset
11-11-12, 07:38 AM
If you don't chop down all ur trees u will find that u may not have to plant any trees later on. I'll be at level 24 later today and haven't had to plant any trees thus far. Along the way I've used them to boarder my kingdom or incorporate them into the layout. I only cut down what I really needed to and worked with the rest.

The ability to move objects around under EDIT is a great feature of the game.

conniehsb
11-11-12, 09:31 AM
It's funny. Sometimes I can Put trees and rocks bush and grass in storage. Sometimes I can't. But if I can they have always been availbe to restore. Huh

laVirtualCloset
11-11-12, 11:20 AM
It's funny. Sometimes I can Put trees and rocks bush and grass in storage. Sometimes I can't. But if I can they have always been availbe to restore. Huh

I know, it's weird. I've never been able to store them. Just checked after seeing ur post and I still can't

MHz_
11-11-12, 12:47 PM
If a tree can be stored, it's a bug. Only tendables (flowers, bushes, etc..) should be storable. Anything that can be cleared should not.

Mylly2
11-11-12, 01:07 PM
I have been able to store trees, but I believe they are the ones I have purchased and nurtured. The ones that needed clearing from an expansion, I haven't been able to store. Same goes with the rocks, I can store purchased ones.

MHz_
11-11-12, 01:49 PM
I have been able to store trees, but I believe they are the ones I have purchased and nurtured. The ones that needed clearing from an expansion, I haven't been able to store. Same goes with the rocks, I can store purchased ones.

Ah, that's fine :)