PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

ubobdgc
11-09-12, 08:42 PM
I am new here, I don't play the game, all my friends do... How come, if you breed fire with fire you get fire, forest with forest you get forest ETC. but breed diamond with diamond, you get random single colour dragons?

Tango_K
11-09-12, 08:53 PM
Breeding fire and fire/forest with forest will give u fire/forest because there is only one colour in the breeding combination but for diamond its a different case. Breeding diamond and diamond will give any singled colour element with a ultra rare chance of getting another diamond.

For example, breeding a fire and a diamond will commonly result in a fire dragon with a ultra rare chance of gettin a crusader :) Same goes to the other diamond hybrids

Hope that helps

ubobdgc
11-09-12, 08:57 PM
Lol, I know that now, I'm trying to say why did Team lava make that the case

Takiofallen
11-09-12, 09:07 PM
thats a question they will never answer

ubobdgc
11-09-12, 09:36 PM
Oh, I just thought that people lucky enough to get two diamonds should get them easier

ubobdgc
11-09-12, 09:40 PM
So my assumption would be teamlava wants money for those who want more diamonds, and I'm just guessing here, but since I saw that 105 people are on the teamlava discussions. We make for the lesser part of the community... So are we obsolete?, has anyone's suggestions here ever been put through here (I'm kinda new here)

ubobdgc
11-09-12, 09:47 PM
Breeding fire and fire/forest with forest will give u fire/forest because there is only one colour in the breeding combination but for diamond its a different case. Breeding diamond and diamond will give any singled colour element with a ultra rare chance of getting another diamond.

For example, breeding a fire and a diamond will commonly result in a fire dragon with a ultra rare chance of gettin a crusader :) Same goes to the other diamond hybrids

Hope that helps
Referring to what you said, breeding fire with diamond will commonly result in fire, so even though there is only two elements it still requires a lot of breeding,
What would happen if they made a 3 colour diamond type, I.e water, diamond, forest hybrid?

Takiofallen
11-09-12, 09:48 PM
a few of the minor suggestion have been put through but as far as how breeding works TL won't budge. As of now there is no true way to breed, things don't add up as they should, it's gambling. You never truly know what will happen outside of a common.

ubobdgc
11-09-12, 09:53 PM
1 colour dragon*

Takiofallen
11-09-12, 10:02 PM
read this it gets in to my problem with how breeding works in this game http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38800-Can-we-Get-some-Breeding-Basics

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 03:20 AM
But a diamond is a 1 colour hybrid.... So isn't it supposed to be the same as a common, I am co-founder of a popular YouTube-channel, and I always get request to review a game, then report back to whoever a asking... I really now want to research on this "game", I might even do another video just for this, and I haven't made one In years...

No, and here is why. Team Lava will never say this, but I will explain to you, and everyone else, why Diamond dragons and their hybrids are so hard to get.

1. Diamond Dragons are like an overarching goal to the game. It would be like catching MewTwo in Pokemon and beating the Elite Four. It's something difficult, but attainable, that gives players something to aim for, admire, and look forward to. They are supposed to be special and unique and Ultra Rare. And no matter what anyone says, it is completely possible to breed one. I did.

2. Diamond Dragons and their hybrids make A LOT of coins per hour. This is why, even though they are a single color, they are not treated like a common dragon. Diamond Dragons male 2,800 coins per hour alone at level 10. Crusaders make 3,400. If breeding two diamonds together made getting a Diamond easier, then the game would basically be over. I already make about 500k a day just because of the amount of dragons I have and the Diamonds and their hybrids. If I could get a Diamond like a common, not only would it not be worth it, I would be able to clear out my whole island and decorate it completely in a couple months. Coins would be so ridiculously easy to get. But at least this way, if you do manage to breed a Diamond, you deserve the extra coins.

3. It is partially a money scheme. Young players, and players who manage to get frustrated enough, might actually spend 100 USD to buy one. But since they do make it possible to breed them, it's not as bad. They could have made it a purchase only dragon.

ubobdgc
11-10-12, 05:20 AM
No, and here is why. Team Lava will never say this, but I will explain to you, and everyone else, why Diamond dragons and their hybrids are so hard to get.

1. Diamond Dragons are like an overarching goal to the game. It would be like catching MewTwo in Pokemon and beating the Elite Four. It's something difficult, but attainable, that gives players something to aim for, admire, and look forward to. They are supposed to be special and unique and Ultra Rare. And no matter what anyone says, it is completely possible to breed one. I did.

2. Diamond Dragons and their hybrids make A LOT of coins per hour. This is why, even though they are a single color, they are not treated like a common dragon. Diamond Dragons male 2,800 coins per hour alone at level 10. Crusaders make 3,400. If breeding two diamonds together made getting a Diamond easier, then the game would basically be over. I already make about 500k a day just because of the amount of dragons I have and the Diamonds and their hybrids. If I could get a Diamond like a common, not only would it not be worth it, I would be able to clear out my whole island and decorate it completely in a couple months. Coins would be so ridiculously easy to get. But at least this way, if you do manage to breed a Diamond, you deserve the extra coins.

3. It is partially a money scheme. Young players, and players who manage to get frustrated enough, might actually spend 100 USD to buy one. But since they do make it possible to breed them, it's not as bad. They could have made it a purchase only dragon.

I mean two pure diamonds

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 05:25 AM
I mean two pure diamonds

Because it is an ultra rare dragon, they can't treat it like a common. When two diamonds are bred, there is an ultra rare chance of getting another diamond, but there is a more common chance of one of the other six single color dragons. If there wasn't, it would no longer be ultra rare after two dragons and then the problems I listed above would take place.

Takiofallen
11-10-12, 10:49 AM
If the diamond dragons were bred able only i would agree with you but as long as you can buy them then thats that. The witch and soon the zombie will be the true ultra rares in the game because no matter what you do you can't breed or buy them
I mean two pure diamonds

Takiofallen
11-10-12, 10:49 AM
sorry ubobdgc pull wrong quote

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 11:22 AM
If the diamond dragons were bred able only i would agree with you but as long as you can buy them then thats that. The witch and soon the zombie will be the true ultra rares in the game because no matter what you do you can't breed or buy them

I know you meant me. I'm doing a poll to see if I can get any data on how many people breed them vs buy them because I have a feeling they are bred more often.

4danny
11-12-12, 11:22 AM
I have 7 Ultra Rare Diamond and their Hybirds but no luck with Crusader. (Storm ID 4Danny ).

I have tried Diamond with Fire 500 times or more I think but it always comes back with Fire only.

Does anyone breed Crusader?

How many breeding it takes?

Horntail21
11-12-12, 12:43 PM
I have 7 Ultra Rare Diamond and their Hybirds but no luck with Crusader. (Storm ID 4Danny ).

I have tried Diamond with Fire 500 times or more I think but it always comes back with Fire only.

Ouch that sucks. I got mine in about 6 attempts. Quetzal around 40-50 tries. Haven't started attempting the others yet.

Takiofallen
11-12-12, 12:56 PM
just breed 10 times per hour and i'm sure it will pop up