PDA

View Full Version : Admiral Planet quest

dragonolic
11-09-12, 10:46 AM
I started a second game on my new iPad, and I have the "Admiral Planet" quest at level 9, when I can't even get the Magic dragon or habitat until 10.

As general feedback, I am still disappointed in how the quests match up with beginning levels. In general, there is a very big starting wall where a player gets in for the first time and starts poking around, and very quickly they are at level 8 or 9 with quests asking for big purchases, a Big Green habitat and Big Farm fairly early on, which are tens of thousands of coins, yet by the time I get those goals, my dragons are still only level 3 or so, and not making nearly that much. It would be much nicer if the quests actually guided the player through the game.

For example, "Collect from X habitats" quests would build up coins and experience, teach players that collecting lots of coins is necessary for the game early on, and then be a natural lead in for getting players to purchase larger items.

A few more "Feed a [color] dragon to level 4", "level 7", "Feed a [color] hybrid to level x" would teach users the focus on leveling dragons. Rewarding players for doing this via small quests at the beginning will help them learn and value it from the start.

The new goal lines in Castle Story are an excellent example of helpful and guiding beginner quests.

In addition, I had goals to get a Fire and Earth dragon, and to make a Fire/Earth hybrid (Life), but then the goals ask to get a Fire/Air hybrid (Firestorm) without first giving goals to get an Air dragon/habitat. I also didn't get any goals for Water dragon as of level 9. These may be triggered by completing other goals, but if that is so, then as I stated before, they are out of order in that the goals requiring me to spend more coins than I can collect in days while also growing crops to feed dragons should come after I have a few Small habitats and hybrids going to earn coins.

ButterPanda
11-09-12, 12:18 PM
Thanks for providing your feedback on the quests and how you view them on guiding a player through the game. I will pass this on to our devs.

dragonolic
11-09-12, 12:41 PM
Thanks, and thanks for merging. I'll continue to take notes as I go.