PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story now stops/closes whenever I enter the Market

CrabbyOldMan
11-08-12, 03:52 PM
My copy of Dragon Story was running just fine until a couple of minutes ago. Then I decided I had room for one more habitat...

Suddenly, I find that I can enter the Market just fine - but once I do, when I select any of the items (Decor, Buildings, Habitats, etc) the game freezes for a second and then I get a messagebox stating "Unfortunately, Dragon Story has stopped" with buttons labelled "OK" and "report".

(One exception: I happen to be in the middle of an area expansion, and if I select the "expand" option I get the usual messagebox asking me if I want to speed up the current expansion. When I touch the "wait" option the game returns to its normal state as usual.)

I've tried powering my device off and back on and then getting back into the game - no joy.

I'm using the Android version on a Samsung 10.1" tablet. My profile tells me that I'm on level 31, have 42 neighbors, 51 dragons, 21 of 25 allowable habitats (all large), six farms (four large, two enchanted), and 1/1 each temples and dens. I've also got (I think) five magic banners, but no other decor items (bah, humbug, who needs charming decor?). Finally, if it matters I've got 611,000 cash, 168 gold, and 923 food. Has my farm just gotten too complex for my device?

CrabbyOldMan
11-08-12, 04:24 PM
...aaaannndddd just like that, everything suddenly started working again. No, I don't know why. But I was just able to add the habitat I wanted to add, and I'm happy.

(Actually, I did notice that there seemed to be an interval between then and now where my copy of Dragon Story was intermittently failing to connect to its game servers. Maybe the networking issues had something to do with it.)

esther1120
11-08-12, 04:43 PM
This happened to me and my boyfriend also. It is fine for both of us to play except when we enter the market. We tried to uninstall and then reinstall, but force close problem still exsit whenever we enter the market. We are both on Android. Teamlave please help.

kooky panda
11-08-12, 05:00 PM
There was short maintenance on the games around the time you posted.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39410-Games-are-down-for-unplanned-maintenance.-11-8-12

mucnagow
08-13-13, 10:05 AM
I am having a problem with the game stopping, too. It shuts down with the second link I click. Sometimes, it stops running the minute the page opens. I can't leave msgs for any neighbors, can only visit 1 neighbor at a time because I have to restart with each page change.

I really enjoy this game but having to restart it with each new click is taking all the pleadure out of it for me.

I also don't have access to things other players have. I just paid 500.000 coins to build the heart habitat but there are no dragons for it. Other people have buildings and floating things that I can't get.

Help! Please ^o^
My ID is mucnagow and my page is Lizard Land if that helps.

sunkalito
08-13-13, 10:15 AM
my game does that all the time. My android game. It's like, I log in, and even though I have internet it will say there is no connection. In a few minutes it works. Then it takes about 3 or 4 more minutes for it to actually work (sometimes more): it won't even launch the game, it's just like this message:
"Unfortunately DS has stopped working." - options are "Await" and "close"

ugh, so annoying.

mel7123
08-13-13, 10:46 AM
My game keeps processing and the same dragons I had breeding keep popping back up in my breeding den