PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire and Thanksgiving Restaurant Story

bluemoonday
11-07-12, 03:43 PM
Weekly update or new goals not showing up. Halloween version. I wanna buy that pumpkin sofa! Please advise!

Branston73
11-07-12, 03:56 PM
Our kindle has the update?!?

kooky panda
11-07-12, 03:58 PM
I just checked the amazon market and there is not a RS Thanksgiving game out for kindle fire.

bluemoonday
11-07-12, 06:30 PM
Do you know when or if kindle users will get the upgrade?

lynle0219
11-07-12, 07:09 PM
Both my daughters and I have Bakery story and Restaurant Story on our kindles. One daughter is receiving the goals, but the other is not on either story...is there an update?

kooky panda
11-07-12, 07:36 PM
Both my daughters and I have Bakery story and Restaurant Story on our kindles. One daughter is receiving the goals, but the other is not on either story...is there an update?

Thanksgiving goals? Or goals to download and play other games?

wenquinn
11-08-12, 12:17 AM
So, will there be an update for Kindle?

Baraze
11-08-12, 12:37 AM
My daughter has a kindle, nothing has come out. Most likely the normal Thursday afternoon, like with android. And the coin couch is ONLY 10,000 coins! I'm so getting about four of them today.

kooky panda
11-08-12, 07:02 AM
I am sure kindle fires update should come out today around the normal time.

debnfurkids
11-08-12, 11:16 AM
Does anyone here have a Kindle fire they use to play Restaurant Story on? Were you able to get the Thanksgiving Edition anywhere? Amazon doesn't have it, Google Play does, but of course we can't use Google Play with a Kindle Fire. If you were able to download it, could you tell me where and how?
Thanks!
debnfurkids

Daffodil22
11-08-12, 11:30 AM
I looked this morning & didn't see it. Will check again tonight. Would like to know whether or not we will get it at all so i know wether to buy the new decor OR wait for it to be a Goal. I'm going to TRY to not buy any cool items till I hear feedback. Halloween was pretty late.
BUT if they're able to add the SLOT MACHINE goal for kindle they SHOULD be able to add AUTUMN Goals!

kooky panda
11-08-12, 12:55 PM
I will check on this.

ButterPanda
11-08-12, 03:37 PM
At this time we cannot speculate if there will be a Thanksgiving version for Kindle. Please check back later to see if there is an update.

bluemoonday
11-08-12, 03:52 PM
No update yet :( ducks I wanna buy all the autumn gear

lin77
11-08-12, 04:16 PM
Still no update for Kindle Fire....getting annoyed!

kooky panda
11-08-12, 05:06 PM
Merging this thread with the other thread on this topic.

At this time we cannot speculate if there will be a Thanksgiving version for Kindle. Please check back later to see if there is an update.

lin77
11-08-12, 05:36 PM
OK TL....lets reason on this..... you came out with a Halloween Version for the Kindle Fire...which had goals...tons of decor....but you cant come out with ANYTHING for this fall theme? In my opinion you should have taken the Halloween Version and flushed it down the toliet! I didn't download it...I didn't do any of the goals! So now comes fall...and almost everyone loves to decorate in fall but NOW you cant give Kindle Fire anything!

If you can come out with a HUGE Halloween version then you surely can come out with this fall stuff! So where is it?

lin77
11-09-12, 06:46 AM
Thought maybe this morn Kindle Fire would get update.....but nope....NOTHING! I want answers...TL you would know if they plan on giving us the update...why wont you tell us?

If we don't get it...then you lost a customer...and I know I wont be the only one! I am getting furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pattypopo
11-09-12, 07:44 AM
I pkay kindle. No Autumn anything. Just a big old gray space where I took down Halloween to make room for Autumn. BTW...I don' t really care for the response from Team Lava. It would be courteous to let us know, one way or the other.

lin77
11-09-12, 07:56 AM
I pkay kindle. No Autumn anything. Just a big old gray space where I took down Halloween to make room for Autumn. BTW...I don' t really care for the response from Team Lava. It would be courteous to let us know, one way or the other.

I agree...I am about ready to block my door and stop cooking till we get it!!!!!!!!!! We might be the minority in devices but that is no reason to leave us out of EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

mattyboo1
11-09-12, 03:12 PM
Did iOS get a thanksgiving app

bdocc
11-09-12, 03:18 PM
I don't think there's gonna be a RS Thanksgiving cuz TL released the Halloween one a few weeks ago, so normally kindle should be getting the Thanksgiving goals now.

queentina3
11-09-12, 03:18 PM
Did iOS get a thanksgiving app

No. We're still using Halloween.

lin77
11-09-12, 03:38 PM
No. We're still using Halloween.

Are the peeps still in costume? That would strange.......

lin77
11-09-12, 03:40 PM
I don't think there's gonna be a RS Thanksgiving cuz TL released the Halloween one a few weeks ago, so normally kindle should be getting the Thanksgiving goals now.

I don't care if there's no app we just want the decor & recipes! It's nothing different to what TL was doing before....we used to never get goals we just got the decor & recipes but now we don't get anything? That isn't right at all!!!!

queentina3
11-09-12, 03:43 PM
Are the peeps still in costume? That would strange.......

Yes. I agree it is strange seeing the background and the costumes now that Halloween is over and done with, but I can't go back to RS Regular because it hasn't been updated since last May and still has many bugs, including the declining customer bug. Grrrr...............

I don't care if there's no app we just want the decor & recipes! It's nothing different to what TL was doing before....we used to never get goals we just got the decor & recipes but now we don't get anything? That isn't right at all!!!!

I don't understand why Kindle hasn't received the regular update either, it is really unfair. Hopefully by the time you guys receive it you'll still have time to master the 2 recipes, since they are only 2 hr and 4 hr, you'll hopefully have time. :(

tinymite8
11-09-12, 06:59 PM
Thank u so much.

pattypopo
11-09-12, 08:08 PM
I wonder why any threads about this keep getting merged here. This isn't a bug. It seems really odd that we have not received any Autumn stuff. I agree with lin. We should at least get the recipes and decor. It would be nice to get an explanation other than "unable to speculate." Are you guys having issues with Amazon or something? Will us kindle players continue to not get updates?

lin77
11-09-12, 08:27 PM
I wonder why any threads about this keep getting merged here. This isn't a bug. It seems really odd that we have not received any Autumn stuff. I agree with lin. We should at least get the recipes and decor. It would be nice to get an explanation other than "unable to speculate." Are you guys having issues with Amazon or something? Will us kindle players continue to not get updates?

If we don't get updates I will quit completely! No way am I going to play a game that doesn't have anything to look forward to!

So to TL:
I'm unable to speculate if I will continue playing this game!

All they have to do is ask the developing team or someone higher up than the mods....but they refuse to do so! The silence they are giving us truley shows their colors and how much they DONT care about keeping players happy!

chaoticramblings
11-10-12, 05:42 AM
I have to say, the disappointment is more than I need in my life. As a disabled veteran, I play these games to help me forget about my pain. As it is, between this lack of interest in KF users and the ridiculous price gouging in BS, I'm ready to delete these games and say the heck with it. Considering that I spend about $50 a month on gems, that will be your loss TL. :(

chaoticramblings
11-10-12, 05:55 AM
$50 per game... that is.

LadyKade
11-10-12, 09:15 AM
Please give us an answer if there is glitches pushing it through, just tell us. If there is an issue with Amazon delaying it, just tell us.
Tell us something don't leave us wondering.

lin77
11-10-12, 11:50 AM
TL just released the Thanksgiving version of Pet Shop Story to Kindle Fire...its in the app store! I really hope that means RS is soon.....I don't play Pet Shop!

So we know they are capable of giving us that version........

TeabytheSea3
11-10-12, 02:06 PM
I really hope so, Lin!! I am not new to the game, but new in playing on the Kindle Fire. I can't believe there are no Thanksgiving updates & no daily bonuses. Also, do other KF players have trouble with invisible items during game play? Hoping we get the update soon. The decor is beautiful.

pattypopo
11-11-12, 01:11 AM
I emailed support about this and also for issues in my other games. Hope to hear back soon. I've about had it with all Team Lava games. Since the maintainence, I haven't been getting the bonus pop- ups in R.S., B.S. or F.S. Communication is not one of Team Lava's strong suits. A little explanation would go a long way.

WaLovesDrizzt
11-11-12, 05:54 AM
A definitive answer from TeamLava would be nice. I've been playing this game and other "Story" games for quite some time and have always received the weekly updates. I really look forward to them. I've seen all the cool stuff to buy in other shops, I've saved up my gems, and now I'm just waiting for the opportunity to buy.

TeamLava could you please clarify on the "Thanksgiving version for kindle" comment. Typically a theme will last for at least a few weeks. Does this mean Kindle users will not receive any updates for awhile? Do I have the option to move all my story games to another device (andriod) and then move them back when the season is over? Will any of my decor changes be saved if I move back to the kindle? Please advise.

lin77
11-11-12, 11:20 AM
What I don't understand is they came out with the Thanksgiving version for pet shop story when there is no way it is as popular as RS...so why in the world wouldn't they release an RS version first where there are more players with that game? Very annoying and frankly just plain ignorant! I gave that game 1 star...booooooring!

bouncentigger1
11-11-12, 11:23 AM
is there gong to be a version for my kindle fire? amazon tells me there is not one available....... why not?????

sweetstuff525
11-11-12, 11:30 AM
What I don't understand is they came out with the Thanksgiving version for pet shop story when there is no way it is as popular as RS...so why in the world wouldn't they release an RS version first where there are more players with that game? Very annoying and frankly just plain ignorant! I gave that game 1 star...booooooring!

I'll give it a one star for you too

lin77
11-11-12, 12:12 PM
is there gong to be a version for my kindle fire? amazon tells me there is not one available....... why not?????

Well I pretty much done with this game intill they give it to us! I am so disgusted with this whole thing....I stopped collecting tips....my recipes are all long hrs so I don't have to go on through the day. Soon, if we don't get it this week, I will block my door and walk away!

bouncentigger1
11-11-12, 12:21 PM
II was told by amazon they only re sell games when they are available to them I was told by amazon to check here

lin77
11-11-12, 12:23 PM
II was told by amazon they only re sell games when they are available to them I was told by amazon to check here

You wont get any answers here either...all the TL staff are saying they cant speculate if we will get it. Even emailing TL will give you the same answer...I already tried!

bouncentigger1
11-11-12, 12:52 PM
We cant get it because team lava has not given the app to amazon guess they don't care about kindle users

lin77
11-11-12, 01:01 PM
If they told us we were going to get it but not intill this week then that's fine...at least we know its coming...but they aren't saying anything at all and that's what really ticks me off!

We knew with the Olympic update Android got it first then the following week IOS would get it....they told us this would happen and some were fine with that (while others not so much) but at least we knew what was going on!

Now with this update they don't even include us KF players with Android which I found odd and on top of that they are being tight lipped about getting it at all! This really is bad business ethics on their part and it wont end well if we keep getting shut out and ignored!

Plz hear us TL......PLEASE!!!!!!

queentina3
11-11-12, 01:07 PM
We cant get it because team lava has not given the app to amazon guess they don't care about kindle users

iOS never got a Thanksgiving version but we were still able to get the update, so there is no reason that Kindle would also need a different version either. All TL has to do is give you guys the Weekly Update with the content available, which they haven't done nor have they posted WHY they haven't done it or if they are going to.

That is the bigger issue IMO. Not having the weekly update at all, that's just wrong on so many levels and then not responding as to WHY there wasn't a weekly update. Bad business. Tsk tsk.

lin77
11-11-12, 01:15 PM
iOS never got a Thanksgiving version but we were still able to get the update, so there is no reason that Kindle would also need a different version either. All TL has to do is give you guys the Weekly Update with the content available, which they haven't done nor have they posted WHY they haven't done it or if they are going to.

That is the bigger issue IMO. Not having the weekly update at all, that's just wrong on so many levels and then not responding as to WHY there wasn't a weekly update. Bad business. Tsk tsk.

Exactly.....we got this week's contents in Fashion, Bakery & Farm....I don't play the other games...but we got the updates in those games so we know they can do it. And ALL the other updates b4 they gave us the decor & recipes in RS even if we didn't get goals....so what's the deal here? Seriously!!!!!!!!!

pattypopo
11-11-12, 03:04 PM
For the life of me, I just don't get it. Sometimes I think TL goes out of its way to tick people off. This is messed up. The lack of response is rude as heck!

bouncentigger1
11-11-12, 04:29 PM
Guess il be the squeaky wheel about this tip someone gives us a real answer besides the line they are just giving us all. If it can be released for tootle play it can on amazon too. Sorry that's just sad and I wont stop tip I get a real answer and not just we are being told

RoseMeyer
11-11-12, 05:06 PM
Cant speculate = not getting any...

lin77
11-11-12, 05:12 PM
Cant speculate = not getting any...

Not getting any = I quit the game and so does my friend who also is upset...she too is on a Kindle Fire! :(

TeabytheSea3
11-12-12, 08:24 AM
This is absolutely ludicrous! Why are we punished for using Kindles? Why have new apps for seasons to begin with especially if they cannot accommodate all of their customers? This should have been part of the weekly updates. First they took the fun out of Bakery Story & now this! How sad!

I really wished they'd fix this & make it fair & fun for all players!

lin77
11-12-12, 12:17 PM
Here is my Restaurant........ waiting for the fall decor!!!!!! Waiting, waiting, waiting........................COME ON TL....GIVE US ANSWERS!!!!! :mad:

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/restaurant_story-2012-11-12-01-13-40.png

KeithRLand
11-12-12, 04:26 PM
Again, why can't we be treated fairly? Daily bouses disappeared from my games, ios gets 10,000's or more! Now no update?

And NO ANSWERS!

sweetstuff525
11-12-12, 04:52 PM
@lin77 I know how you feel I'm still waiting for the goals for thanksgiving in fashion story.... It's been a couple days already that they already released it to android

iOS nor kindle has gotten it... Plus no response from tl

lin77
11-12-12, 05:07 PM
@lin77 I know how you feel I'm still waiting for the goals for thanksgiving in fashion story.... It's been a couple days already that they already released it to android

iOS nor kindle has gotten it... Plus no response from tl

Well I'm sure Kindle wont get them.....EVER!!!!!

queentina3
11-12-12, 05:24 PM
Well I'm sure Kindle wont get them.....EVER!!!!!

Considering that the CMs have been on most of the day, and a few times this weekend, their silence on stating if you'll get THE UPDATE is very telling indeed. To say you can't speculate about an App version is one thing, but for COMPLETE SILENCE over getting the WEEKLY CONTENT UPDATE is something else entirely. I agree with your earlier statements about it being not only unfair, but ridiculous. You guys aren't even asking for the goals, just the content so you can decorate your RS's like everyone else. Sheesh. You'd think that would be something simple that they could answer, but guess not. :(

pattypopo
11-12-12, 08:58 PM
Lin, my bakery looks like yours, except my empty space is gray. I'm heading in the direction of not caring, because of all the issues with this game and all the other games as well. I can' t decorate in BS because everything is too expensive. I can't decorate in Fashion Story because I've been *****ed out of my overnight coins everyday for over a week and I can't decorate in RS because we have not received the new decor. Frustrating!

pattypopo
11-12-12, 08:59 PM
Meant Restaurant, not bakery.

lin77
11-12-12, 09:00 PM
Lin, my bakery looks like yours, except my empty space is gray. I'm heading in the direction of not caring, because of all the issues with this game and all the other games as well. I can' t decorate in BS because everything is too expensive. I can't decorate in Fashion Story because I've been *****ed out of my overnight coins everyday for over a week and I can't decorate in RS because we have not received the new decor. Frustrating!

I changed my layout...I finally got some fall in my place! ;)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/restaurant_story-2012-11-12-08-58-37.png

lin77
11-13-12, 11:21 AM
Any Kindle players get the update today????????

I haven't yet...but I usually don't get updates till 1 or 1:30....I'm central time! I will let you know if I do...or don't!

lin77
11-13-12, 12:46 PM
So far the only thing I got was a new goal....install Pet Shop Thanksgiving version! Wow its amazing how TL can release that goal to us but cant release any fall stuff to us!!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU HEAR ME TL.......DO YOU????????????????????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am about to blow!!!!!!!!!

[S8] Elsa
11-13-12, 02:00 PM
So far the only thing I got was a new goal....install Pet Shop Thanksgiving version! Wow its amazing how TL can release that goal to us but cant release any fall stuff to us!!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU HEAR ME TL.......DO YOU????????????????????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am about to blow!!!!!!!!!

We're glad that you're excited about Autumn! I can't speculate on any updates to the game, but we've shared feedback with the team that Kindle Fire users would like to participate in decorating for the coming season, too! Keep an eye on our Facebook pages, Twitter pages, and Forums for news and updates.

chaoticramblings
11-13-12, 02:39 PM
Wow... I got so excited when a new Thanksgiving goal popped up. THEN, I realized it was for some game I don't play. Huge disappointment! Are we ever getting the decorations and recipes?

I'd also like to add that having that goal reminder, which only contains goals for Other games, is like getting poked in the eye everytime I open my game. :(

meme1098
11-13-12, 03:22 PM
Wow... I got so excited when a new Thanksgiving goal popped up. THEN, I realized it was for some game I don't play. Huge disappointment! Are we ever getting the decorations and recipes?

I'd also like to add that having that goal reminder, which only contains goals for Other games, is like getting poked in the eye everytime I open my game. :(
LOL! I laughed out loud for sure. Feel the same way. :D

WaLovesDrizzt
11-13-12, 04:22 PM
We're glad that you're excited about Autumn! I can't speculate on any updates to the game, but we've shared feedback with the team that Kindle Fire users would like to participate in decorating for the coming season, too! Keep an eye on our Facebook pages, Twitter pages, and Forums for news and updates.

Earlier in this string I asked if I could move my games to a different andriod device and then move it back once this is corrected. TL could you please respond? Thanks

hawaiifrycat
11-15-12, 11:54 AM

I love your games and I want to be positive in my feedback. That said, it is extremely frustrating to be left out of updates because of my choice of device. If using a Kindle for your games is going to be a continuing problem, I would appreciate knowing this. Mahalo!

LadyKade
11-15-12, 08:17 PM
I love your games and I want to be positive in my feedback. That said, it is extremely frustrating to be left out of updates because of my choice of device. If using a Kindle for your games is going to be a continuing problem, I would appreciate knowing this. Mahalo!

I agree if this a problem Kindle users should be notified.

pattypopo
11-16-12, 06:55 AM
Did the TL staff in charge of Kindle quit or something? I play Bakery, Fashion and Restaurant. I am not receiving the things others receive in all my games. No goals, no new version, limited decor, no turkey oven in BS, no pilgrim catalog in FS. Thanksgiving roll out is a big dud! Oh and no explanation! Doesn't make me want to invest real money and I'm wondering if I want to continue investing my time in them.

bouncentigger1
11-17-12, 04:58 PM
Thurs is thanksgiving and I still have nothing.....let me guess still no newsz?????:mad:

Hagitha
11-18-12, 08:48 AM
I play on an Android device. I install all updates, restart my phone at least once a day to clear it, and have uninstalled and reinstalled both BS and RS (while having ALL versions installed on my phone)....still no new goals.

What's up with that???