PDA

View Full Version : Accepted Gifts - Gifts Maxed

mswheelz13
11-08-12, 05:10 AM
Is there anyway we can sell or get rid of the extra parts that we previously asked for or accepted?? I constantly have my gifts maxed. If not. Can we suggest an option for this problem???

queentina3
11-08-12, 05:12 AM
Is there anyway we can sell or get rid of the extra parts that we previously asked for or accepted?? I constantly have my gifts maxed. If not. Can we suggest an option for this problem???

If you're receiving gifts that you don't need, just decline them. This opens up a slot for another neighbor to send you a gift you may need. You're only allowed to receive 20 gifts in a TL day (12a Pacific - to - 12a Pacific). Once you've accepted a gift, you've used up a slot for that day. Once it is placed in your my gifts area, it can only be used, not sold.

Bakemoo
11-08-12, 01:22 PM
Is there a max amount of gifts we can have stored after we accept them? Not daily, just in general.

greygull
11-08-12, 02:45 PM
Is there a max amount of gifts we can have stored after we accept them? Not daily, just in general.

32,767 for each total

arale_norimaki
11-08-12, 03:29 PM
32,767 for each total

Is this serious?

anketam
11-08-12, 04:02 PM
That sounds half correct. Normally limits like that are 65,535 (2^16 - 1 or 2 bytes), only time they are 32,767 is when it is possible that the value can be negative. Which implies that the system can handle a negative total number of gifts. Nice to know that the system can handle you owing the game gifts. :P

mswheelz13
11-08-12, 05:49 PM
Well I'm glad that I don't have to worry about loading up the inventory. I did send an email suggesting a way to delete or sell the extra parts if we chose. I think its a good idea. I personally hate scrolling through a bunch of gifts to set out my food gifts at the end of the list. Maybe make the food items show up first.. another good idea!

anketam
11-08-12, 08:02 PM
Yep just reverse the sorting order. Unfortunately I bet that the list is populated in the order that the data container is filled. Thus currently there is no sorting being done, it just defaults that older is listed first, so if they were to change it to newest first they would likely have to add an extra layer of logic that reads the data container backwards or sorts it by some criteria. So odds are it wont be a high priority thing to do. I will add this though to my general list of suggestions that would improve playability of the TL games.

Bakemoo
11-09-12, 02:28 PM
So another question: if I accept 10 random gifts (i.e. food) from people, then request specific parts for an appliance, can I only receive 10 parts for the day, or are requested gifts/parts separate from random gifts?

queentina3
11-09-12, 03:15 PM
So another question: if I accept 10 random gifts (i.e. food) from people, then request specific parts for an appliance, can I only receive 10 parts for the day, or are requested gifts/parts separate from random gifts?

You can receive 20 gifts and 20 requests per day.

Bakemoo
11-10-12, 10:46 PM
One more question, sorry! If I send out a request for parts to a large amount of neighbors - for example, if I ask 30 people for gears and 30 for screws, and I only need 10 of each to complete... would the daily quota possibly be used up by too many gears before I received screws? I don't see an option to select which ones I accept after requesting them. I have a fair amount of neighbors and it's hard to tell who'll respond so I tend to send out requests to lots of people...

queentina3
11-11-12, 06:16 AM
One more question, sorry! If I send out a request for parts to a large amount of neighbors - for example, if I ask 30 people for gears and 30 for screws, and I only need 10 of each to complete... would the daily quota possibly be used up by too many gears before I received screws? I don't see an option to select which ones I accept after requesting them. I have a fair amount of neighbors and it's hard to tell who'll respond so I tend to send out requests to lots of people...

Yes you could end up with 20 screws and no gears for that day. It is best to only send out about 5 requests on top of what you need, otherwise you can clog up your request system and it can take days to reset itself. I try to monitor my news feed for those that gift me/respond to requests and send out requests to those that I see check their games frequently to avoid clogging my request system.

You can't see the requests coming back in, as they are not gifts, they'll just go right to the boxes you have on your floor. If you end up with more parts than what you need, the rest will just go straight to your inventory.

kieranyeow
11-13-12, 05:45 AM
Yes you could end up with 20 screws and no gears for that day. It is best to only send out about 5 requests on top of what you need, otherwise you can clog up your request system and it can take days to reset itself. I try to monitor my news feed for those that gift me/respond to requests and send out requests to those that I see check their games frequently to avoid clogging my request system.

You can't see the requests coming back in, as they are not gifts, they'll just go right to the boxes you have on your floor. If you end up with more parts than what you need, the rest will just go straight to your inventory.

Good Job Queentina.
Smile :D