PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gem, anyone? Gem Confirmation

Pages : [1] 2

rene2222
11-07-12, 08:23 PM
Wanted to highlight and ask if any one of you face or have this problem? I noticed that my gem suddenly drop from 8 or 10 to 2!! I am very sure I didn't use gem for anything. Where did it go??? It's hard to save up gem and it can go missing, why why...

greygull
11-07-12, 08:25 PM
Email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID, which game, and what happened. They'll be able to look into your game.

midnightmeerkat
11-07-12, 08:34 PM
Wanted to highlight and ask if any one of you face or have this problem? I noticed that my gem suddenly drop from 8 or 10 to 2!! I am very sure I didn't use gem for anything. Where did it go??? It's hard to save up gem and it can go missing, why why...

I find that I can lose gems by accidentally "speeding up" something to finish. If you start something then swipe to do something else it is easy to swipe the speed up area and lose some gems...... Very annoying. I find it happens with my iPhone because the screen is small, not the iPad.

lattelaugh
11-07-12, 10:27 PM
This is an annoying feature of all teamlava games, but I find it worse on this game than the others. I have lost at least ten gems by inadvertently speeding things up... Stupid things like mushrooms. VERY annoying. You don't even realize you've done it until you see your gem count is down. Once I glimpsed the little gem icon floating off, but usually, it's very sneaky. That is one reason I won't spend real money to buy gems.

Rockinkitten
11-07-12, 11:32 PM
^^exactly. The gem trap is stronger in this one than any games! Although here it's usually 4 or 5 gems I lose, and in city story I lost 100 gems by accidentally speeding up an expansion.

I know it's designed to make us buy more gems but I think it makes us buy less because we don't want to accidentally spend real money.

I usually spend my gems on the special items in other TL games but there isn't anything special to buy in this game yet that you can't win or craft!

I'm hoping for some mystery boxes soon so I can spend my gems!

rene2222
11-08-12, 01:26 AM
soooo this is what players say gem trap huh. and i just noticed that i am at zero gem now....i don't simply use my gems, i usually save them up in case there are things i want that needed gem to purchase. and for sure, i don't use real money for gem. this is the only game that i lose my gems easily. i don't have this problem in RS, HDS and FS. it's really annoying, without realising, all gems are gone.

Dragon_cdk
11-08-12, 03:54 AM
It's a bit easier to get gem trapped in this game since many things overlap and I've had some lag at times where instead of swiping it would double tap something stupid like a carrot (lost 8 gems there). Anyway, I've just bought a few nice gates and have my gem count low for now.

dala12
11-08-12, 04:09 AM
I do lost gems and I do play on the iPad. So screen is not to blame! So I bought things so that I do not lose it on speed things up...

rene2222
11-08-12, 06:37 PM
Email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID, which game, and what happened. They'll be able to look into your game.

Thanks Greygull, I wrote to Teamlava Support and hopefully they will look into my matter and GIVE ME BACK MY GEMS.

rene2222
11-08-12, 06:40 PM
It's a bit easier to get gem trapped in this game since many things overlap and I've had some lag at times where instead of swiping it would double tap something stupid like a carrot (lost 8 gems there). Anyway, I've just bought a few nice gates and have my gem count low for now.

Thanks Dragon_cdk....once i got back my gems, I will buy nice gates. Besides, all gates uses gem to buy if I remember correctly. Just when I thought I want to get some gates, I discover I have zero gems. sigh......

benbever
11-09-12, 03:29 AM
TL won't give back gems you lost in traps.
This game has the worst gemtraps. I just bought a pig and a gate as soon as I could before all gems were gone. I suggest that when you get new gems from goals, or decide to buy gems, you don't try to save them.

yupiyupigumgum
11-10-12, 06:51 PM
TL won't give back gems you lost in traps.
This game has the worst gemtraps. I just bought a pig and a gate as soon as I could before all gems were gone. I suggest that when you get new gems from goals, or decide to buy gems, you don't try to save them.

Yes,agree. Especialy if you have fat fingers like me ......:(

midnightmeerkat
11-10-12, 08:21 PM
Has teamlava ever made a statement on this issue?

AkumaNeko
11-14-12, 09:53 AM
I know it has been said before but I just wanna whine for a little to accidentally speeding something up for 22 gems :(

marrrina
11-16-12, 01:01 PM
You'd think TL would have learned by now... people won't be enticed to spend money on gems if they're easily taken away from them over things like this. I've fallen into gem traps more frequently in this game than others I've played by TL.

primerib
11-16-12, 01:18 PM
I guess they've got gem traps down to a science now, fine-tuned and dialed in!

jetskie2
11-16-12, 01:22 PM
AGREE I been caught with that a lot of times so given up buying gems. the notification about speeding up is so close to what you need to tap and there is no second request ie are you sure etc. I tried zoomimg so it was bigger but that didnt help.

zombiefun
11-16-12, 01:25 PM
Yep, fine tuned. Just spent another gem trying to insert charge cable. "just don't hold it that way". :)

primerib
11-16-12, 02:23 PM
I know several people who stopped wasting their money on gems because they got fed up with the gem traps. All TL has to do is add a confirmation when spending gems. It's not hard to do. But as we all know, there's a reason they don't and won't. We'll see how that pans out in the long run though.

fozea2
11-16-12, 11:02 PM
I get a bit annoyed when I fall into a "gem trap" but it's the same kind of annoyance as when I run into a Goomba in Mario Bros... I just think "well, that was a stupid move". And honestly, it's about the only element of Team Lava games that require a hint of dexterity, so I can live with it. It probably helps that I only ever buy gems for a specific purpose and spend them almost immediately (eg, buying a second nest in Dragon Story), so the only gems I've lost to gem traps were ones I'd won from various quests. I might have a different attitude if I'd lost gems I paid for. (Hey, here's a thought, how about a "spend gems?" confirmation button that only gets unlocked if you buy gems with real money?)

I assume TL don't put in a confirmation for spending gems because they want us to spend more gems (and hopefully buy more), which I can understand in an established game like Restaurant Story. But it puzzles me in Castle Story, where they are clearly still balancing gameplay (changing max energy level, crafting ingredient amounts, etc.). You'd think they would want as accurate stats as they could get regarding what causes people to spend more gems (which I'm assuming is the ultimate goal of their optimization... finding a balance between players buying a lot of gems to help with gameplay, and players leaving in frustration because it's become too tedious.) If players are falling into "gem traps" as often as people here say they do (and I certainly do), TL is getting awfully skewed usage statistics.

Just the optimization nut in me, I guess. :)

CoachM1
11-17-12, 04:49 AM
See my gem trap rant under "haunted kingdom" (the thread is about gems going missing) . But I think I'm honestly right. People who have bought gems in the past in any other TL game are the ones who get the short end of the deal. Bet none of them got the 40 energy. And it seems like its always us who get stuck in gem traps, like the RS & BS last XMas were you lost 25 gems by exiting a screen. They admitted it was a bug in the program, but I never got my 50 gems back! Did anyone else?

wind2323
11-17-12, 12:37 PM
I wish that they would create a button that says "are you sure you want to purchase this item with gems?" . Twice while playing castle story I've hit the button that purchases materials with gems. It's annoying that I lose my gems for something that I didn't want in the first place. Why would anyone pay 16 gems for a fancy block that only takes an hour to make? Annoying!

nmid
11-17-12, 12:41 PM
Don't see it happening. Crib all you want.
I know I did, in my head.

CoachM1
11-17-12, 06:26 PM
Thanks Dragon_cdk....once i got back my gems, I will buy nice gates. Besides, all gates uses gem to buy if I remember correctly. Just when I thought I want to get some gates, I discover I have zero gems. sigh......

If TeamLava Support actually gets back to you and helps you please let me know. I have tried many many times on purchased (with real money) gems that were lost and... Nothing! If now they are being helpful I would like to know.

rene2222
11-17-12, 11:31 PM
If TeamLava Support actually gets back to you and helps you please let me know. I have tried many many times on purchased (with real money) gems that were lost and... Nothing! If now they are being helpful I would like to know.

Hi CoachM1, too bad i could not get my gems back....��������

kitthecat
11-17-12, 11:38 PM
Hi CoachM1, too bad i could not get my gems back....��������

Don't feel bad, more then 3 years, I never heard of anyone getting their gems back..... but would be good that if u can be the 1st one.

dr0016
11-25-12, 03:31 PM
Pls we need this statement before our gem gone unintentionally.

Are u sure you went to use gem?

Rockinkitten
11-26-12, 03:38 PM
I have lost loads and loads of gems in this game by accidentally speeding up stuff I had no interest in speeding up. Just lost another 14 gems. Such a shame that a good game like this has such a huge flaw. If they gave us an "are you sure?" Button, I'd buy a load of gems straight away!

arale_norimaki
11-26-12, 03:49 PM
I have lost loads and loads of gems in this game by accidentally speeding up stuff I had no interest in speeding up. Just lost another 14 gems. Such a shame that a good game like this has such a huge flaw. If they gave us an "are you sure?" Button, I'd buy a load of gems straight away!

Same for me. I refuse to take the risk of throwing my money away. The first time I bought gems (it was for another TL game) I needed them for something very specific immediately. I kept for later use the remanent but it was lost in a gem trap (I hadn't even realized those existed before). I will not allow that to happen to me again and the only way to make sure is not buying gems until there is confirmation pop-up.

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 04:09 PM
I would like gem confirmation

wassupbaby
11-26-12, 05:38 PM
Grrrrr i have lost over 100 gems by speeding up or accidentally buying energy. TL just ignores all the feedbacks like nothing happens. :-)

marrrina
11-26-12, 06:25 PM
I have essentially no gems because of speeding up accidentally. I've only been playing this game less than a month and I've had more gem traps in it than the TL games which I've been playing almost 2 years. But TL doesn't believe in gem confirmations so -_-

esmeetje1990
11-27-12, 11:14 AM
Just lost 14 gems by accidentally speeding up the Tablet of Tabernum... And I had been saving them for ages to buy an apple tree. Sigh...

brendanwangx10
12-02-12, 01:58 AM
Maybe the gem trap already cost me more than 100 precious gems on the cretin speed up process, so i choose to quit.

brendanwangx10
12-02-12, 02:07 AM
Won't come back if they don't add the gem confirmation.:mad:

nmishii
12-02-12, 02:47 AM
People have asked for a gem confirmation since the beginning of time, over 2 years. Face it, TeamLava is not going to implement it.

You may want to consider playing, but not buying gems. Then you won't lose your real money.

marrrina
12-02-12, 06:42 AM
Can't say I blame you. I've been playing this game just over a month and have had more gem traps than the other games which I've been playing about 2 years. Lucky for them I enjoy the game but the lack of confirmation is a real deterrent from ever spending money on gems.

sweetstuff525
12-02-12, 08:26 AM
Yeah yesterday I accidently bought 12 energy for I forgot how many gems....sux

charmmyvee
12-02-12, 11:54 PM
Not having a gem confirmation button sucks but hey, they aren't going to be changing that imo. It's been like that forever, and TL doesn't seem to grasp the more flies with honey concept. I've bought gems a few times in the past but I haven't in a long time for that very reason. I don't feel very secure doing it and I feel worried I'll lose some from too much tapping. I don't accidentally spend gems and then say, "Oh well, I guess I'll just buy more!" Psh. It's frustrating and makes me want to spend my money elsewhere.

Anyway, since this has been an issue forever and we haven't really seen a good response from TL about it, I doubt it'll ever be improved. Much more pressing for me, for Castle Story, is the energy. Having only 30 energy regardless of expansions and leveling up is simply maddening. If you want a reason to quit, that's the reason. Energy!

howdy2you
12-07-12, 02:06 PM
I've lost mOre gems in castle story than any other tl game. I though buying gems would be a little treat I could give myself to enjoy. So sad because I lost them stupidly. Not very satisfied at all. Instead I feel angry and diss appointed.

jennraespu
12-07-12, 09:38 PM
I have lost DOZENS of gems because of accidental double-taps on speeding things up. I am prepared to visit all 80 neighbors & also non-neighbors to ask everyone to email (insert name here) about this. If the developers can put a banner at the bottom of the screen when you tap something w/o having any energy, it should be done to confirm gem purchases.

So, seriously, who gets my daily request to re-program the gem traps?

Sincerely,
"HundredAcreWood"

ninjaAhug
12-10-12, 03:01 AM
Accidentally clicked on speed up iron on my fishing hook quest and not only did I cry as I lost 8 gems over ONE lousy piece of coal I was no where near closer to the end of my quest I want my gems back its so disheartening to have them go because of a stupid lag spike and a stupid double click :(
I don't even like dragon story but I played the stupid games to get gems and u take them away from me D:

vizcaya112
12-20-12, 07:32 PM
For the second time,,, I have lost gems to the "gem finger"! I was 7 away from a lemon tree! I have been saving and doing quests for days in hopes of a lemon tree!

That same crazy finger gave me a fey crystal from the pond!

Ugh! Uh! Ugh! My family thinks I am crazy!!!!!

onemansmiracle
12-21-12, 01:06 AM
I hate the gem trap,hate it hate it. No matter how careful I am,I fall into that trap from time to time. This is a great game indeed and I love it. But no gem confirmation with such a easy trap? I don't believe it's such a function hard to design,I have spent a few coins in this game,but no more!

Tassle23
12-21-12, 11:27 AM
I hate the gem trap,hate it hate it. No matter how careful I am,I fall into that trap from time to time. This is a great game indeed and I love it. But no gem confirmation with such a easy trap? I don't believe it's such a function hard to design,I have spent a few coins in this game,but no more!

Just spend a couple hundred bucks to buy gems so you always have enough said no one ever.

scottyhaha
12-21-12, 11:35 AM
Just lost 21 gems on speeding up

cloverzj
01-08-13, 03:05 PM
Exactly!!!! I've lost lots of gems by accidentally clicking on speeding up!
Please! Add a confirmation step!

corypoodle
01-08-13, 03:48 PM
For me this is the best TL game for not loosing gems! I currently have 245 gems by doing all the other game quests. This is what I love about this game, I don't accidentally click on speeding up or stuff. In Bakery Story on the other hand... lost 72 gems by accidentally buying the mystery boxes, got me so maaaad!

iLLUMI2012
01-09-13, 06:23 PM
I was so careful for so long but today I also got stung by the gem trap. Grrrr!
Lost 6 gems!
They are so hard to get and I don't want to spend money on them if they can be lost so easily. :(

marloessx92
02-12-13, 07:14 PM
Same problem here.. Why isn't there already a solution for this problem? There are so many complains and no solution? So our gems are lost by mistake and we buy new onces. This company get rich of this problem.. Thats the reason they dont fix it..

katbtodd
02-19-13, 04:15 PM
I find that I can lose gems by accidentally "speeding up" something to finish. If you start something then swipe to do something else it is easy to swipe the speed up area and lose some gems...... Very annoying. I find it happens with my iPhone because the screen is small, not the iPad.

happens on my ipad a lot really upset me.. They should fix this problem. Have a second window come up and say " you sure you want o spend gems"

katbtodd
02-19-13, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=rene2222;448835]Thanks Greygull, I wrote to Teamlava Support and hopefully they will look into my matter and GIVE ME BACK MY
I have wrote them many times got no where

katbtodd
02-20-13, 04:13 AM
Good luck with that,,, I never got any way when I wrote

ruslanchik
02-28-13, 06:44 PM
iPhone: lost 2 x 250 gems while browsing in my inventory and accidentally clicking on add coin button. Received 2 x 125,000 coins which I don't need.
iPad: lost 250 gems. Same reason.

Countless other small gem losses on speed ups and goal skipping but that one is the most annoying :( Emailed TL, they refused to reverse. Will never buy a single gem until they at least fix the traps. I doubt they will fix it, they are doing it this way intentionally.

kellerjack
03-08-13, 06:27 PM
The last time I lost gems by speeding up a farmhouse or something I yelled, "NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!........" So loud that my bf came run to see if I was dying. lol

olcastle
03-08-13, 07:19 PM
Playing a TL game is like walking through a minefield.

mamareader02
03-08-13, 07:46 PM
Thankfully I've only lost a few gems in this game-bakery and fashion have taught me to go ssssllllllooooowwwww when tapping in any TL games,and tap once at a time.when I got my boy gems for castle though,I did make him pick out a bunch of things to get while I was watching,any leftover gems(not many)could remain at the risk of a quick tapping little boy

ripley3344
03-11-13, 10:07 PM
I lost 75 gems during a day and it wasn't due to gem trapping. I also lost over 20,000 coins. I've had repeated trouble with crafted items not being accrued or disappearing. I've written support numerous times over past 8 days. They promised to elevate it to programmers but that doesn't help me. Very dissatisfied.

carpelia
03-13-13, 11:48 AM
I've lost gems several times as well to accidental speed ups. Hopefully if this issue keeps coming up the developers will add the confirmation button we all want so badly.

onemansmiracle
03-14-13, 04:17 AM
Just lost 23 gems in gem trap,not the first time,it really a mood ****er!!!!

crunchyrollwrap
03-15-13, 11:49 AM
They gave me 12 gems back when I first started playing. But I have lost
Over 124 since.

rumakabir
03-21-13, 03:52 AM
today,it happend to me ...I lost 24 gems which I keep to expand my BS..its not the first time..I am upset now..I lost my mind to play TL games..but they are addictive..

onemansmiracle
03-21-13, 04:27 AM
I now used up all my gems buying the manor a few days ago. I am at peace now. :)

whizzzard
03-21-13, 11:10 AM
For the love of god please add a confirmation window when using gems! I've been saying this last year!! I really cant see why you guys wont add a feature like that. Why would I even spend my real dollars on gems that are not guranteed to be kept safe. And dont give me a BS answer saying "well you just got to be careful where you click." Want to increase player base? Increase revenue? Fix your flaws!!

MBRBTBRB
03-22-13, 07:48 PM
I just accidentally spent 12 gems speeding up a cabbage because my finger accidentally bumped the screen. 12 gems for a lousy cabbage! Grrrr.

fondants
03-31-13, 09:15 AM
I just figured out a way to combat the castle story gem traps...

With iOS, you can enable Guided Access under Accessibilty settings, then when in castle story, create a touchscreen dead spot perfectly arranged over where the Speed Up popup loves to position itself whenever you touch anything. It won't even be big enough to impede overall usability.

The downside is you have to triple-click+password to start AND stop *every* time, but I've lost cumulatively thousands of gems and gold that teamlava will never return, and this is the far lesser annoyance (especially after saving gems for months just to see them evaporate in a puff because your aim was off by a couple pixels...). Of course, teamlava could just get add confirmations and/or get rid of the screen shifting whenever you touch something, but I don't think they are interested.

katietb3rw
04-05-13, 07:12 AM
Ok, forgive me, but I NEED to rant.

I just collected from a theater and then accidentally mis-tapped, re costing me 24 gems! That is HUGE amount for me, and I know others can empathize with the frustration I am feeling.

I am absolutely appalled that this (gem traps) is STILL a problem in this game!

While I have seriously considered buying gems in this game, the main reason I have not is due to this habitual and fraudulent situation. I'd like to contribute and support a game I play, but on the other hand, I have to consider what the return on my investment is, as I do not make a lot of money. If it's going to be mistakenly tapped away by mere bumps on my ipad, then NO, I don't want to contribute to the game by buying gems. It's horribly frustrating instances like this that make me want to renege any inclination I might have to purchase them. Why would I want to waste my money?

I really don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet. I'm tempted to delete this game and give it a poor rating in the app store after today's incident, but I'd rather make nice and ask here if there is anyway to remedy my mistap. I did not want to speed up the stupid theater - I hardly collect from them anyway, and I regret collecting from it today, after accidentally losing 24 gems that I was working so long and hard at saving.

Thanks for allowing me the rant - I hope you'll forgive my frustration.

catcrack
04-05-13, 07:56 AM
Ok, forgive me, but I NEED to rant.

I just collected from a theater and then accidentally mis-tapped, re costing me 24 gems! That is HUGE amount for me, and I know others can empathize with the frustration I am feeling.That's nothing, I mistapped the castle after starting an adventure, couple hundred gems... swoosh!

draggune
04-09-13, 09:28 PM
I know I would spend $ if I thought it might be safe. But it's not. So I won't.

ay3cha
04-11-13, 07:16 AM
TL staff or moderators:
Where is the response on gem traps? Looks to be an awfully long thread here with no official responses. If you are serious about getting my money for buying gems, why can't you be serious about safegaurding the ones I earn or buy?

RosieM7
04-23-13, 03:57 PM
With all the references to contacting support re: glitches, I thought I'd try it. You can put me down on the list of people annoyed at the lack of a confirmation required to spend gems. Not only am I disinclined to buy gems, I've lost interest in other game goals to earn gems since I'm so likely to loose them before amassing a sufficient quantity to buy anythingI've probably lost a cumulative 100+ gems in addition to this morning's slip, but this was the biggest chunk yet.

chrisukrules
04-24-13, 11:08 AM
You may have accidentally sped something up, I know I've done it before. If you don't think that's the case contact Team Lava-support@teamlava.com. Post me a message on my wall if you need any more help- Storm 8 ID- chrisukrules

Frosty_Wench
04-24-13, 02:17 PM
Add me to the list of those who would have purchased gems if not for the gem traps. I have not been hit as hard as some people on this thread, but I have still lost around 50 or so gems since I started playing. Most of that came when my 18 month old picked up my phone for literally three seconds and bought 12 energy for 20 gems.

I've played a number of free to play online games produced by many different companies, and it just doesn't seem like any of them are interested in staying in business for very long. They're more of the slash and burn variety where they want to maximize profits over a very short timeframe, decimate the development staff of each game as quickly as possible, and let the game die a slow death.

It's just a different kind of business mindset than am used to, I guess.

jdelvalle1
04-26-13, 03:29 AM
Thought I rant here....
I had 92 gems, I woke up on the morning of the 23rd (right after the end of the Valentine event for me) with 12 gems. I have no children, pets or anyone that touches my device. I have no new items in my inventory, & nothing takes 80 gems to speed up. I am SUPER careful when I play story games (I don't multi-task), because I've accidentally lost gems before (I have no idea how many I've lost in Bakery, Restaurant, Castle & Jewel Mania combined, but I'm sure I'm nearing a hundred & I've only been playing some of these games since Jan this year - I play a LOT). I've bought a 24gem package in Bakery before (which I used right away) & I was debating buying a 120gem pack in Castle to complete 200gems to buy the school...Needless to say I'm not buying a gem package now. Btw, I contacted TL & I was asked to provide more details & they marked the issue as resolved, why? It obviously isn't.

nitocris
04-26-13, 06:06 PM
1. Introduce a confirmation window when using gems.

2. Introduce an option in the settings to turn on/off this confirmation setting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So easy. Now please implement it.

Most players I know think of the ignorance on this issue as outright greed from the devs.

Is there any other way to explain it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An obvious issue which they KNOW and CHOOSE to ignore. WHY?

Just so we can continue to make accidental clicks and drain our Gem pool?

MBRBTBRB
04-26-13, 06:19 PM
Yes!!!!!!!

catcrack
04-26-13, 07:07 PM
Are you kidding me, the gem traps ARE the game.

(=^ェ^=)

gin0531
04-26-13, 09:09 PM
I am disappointed with the gem traps also. I had several gems and now I suddenly have only 1. I have not been able to save for anything I can purchase with gems either as every time I think I am saving I am accidentally speeding something up. I would definitely like a confirmation button.

TinksThots
04-27-13, 04:38 AM
We can scream at the wall all day. It won't change anything. They know they've got enough addicts out there to cover the costs of those who actually quit.

skyblue59jm
05-01-13, 04:07 PM

I have lost a small amount of gems accidentally, but moved on each time. This morning, checking on my inventory, suddenly I received a screen (iPad) that I had just spent 100 gems on coins! 100 gems! I felt my finger touch the screen, so, yes I did it, but accidentally.
Have been working very hard to earn gems to buy the school. Now down to 34 gems.
I feel your pain! A confirmation, in a different place on the screen, would be awesome.
greygull, teamlava will not be able to help. :-(
Good luck everyone!
Sky

fondants
05-01-13, 08:44 PM
Guys who are ranting and not reading previous posts, I have a possible way to combat some gem traps here: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone-Gem-Confirmation&p=583353&viewfull=1#post583353

cityfan
05-01-13, 11:04 PM
I just had another thought....you know how we can put a "down payment" of wisp lanterns for a particular expansion......TL should allow a gem down payment for buying gem items. Then at least people saving up gems have a "bank" where their gems will be committed. When you have enough, you're gonna have to spend them on the item purchase.

Oliver118
05-01-13, 11:07 PM

I don't really lose much gems as
a) I only have four gems anyway and
b) I have small fingers and
c) I play on an iPad, not an iPhone

Sobepeng
05-02-13, 12:41 AM
I love losing gems. 14 gems for a carrot, 4 gems for ivy's hut, and 2 gems for a lemon in the past two weeks. With new expansions I have spread things out more, so hopefully won't happen as much.

I don't understand what would hurt so much by adding a confirmation? People whom weren't going to buy gems still aren't going to buy with or without a confirmation. People whom are going to buy gems will buy gems either way when they really want something. The real benefit is that their support team can stop dealing with emails and complaints dealing with this. I'm sure there will still be some complaints for people who accomplish using premium currency even with a confirmation window, but overall, TL will have happier customers.

Luckily I got my two wizard schools, so I'm at least not stressing about saving up for something.

goldensed
05-05-13, 09:17 AM
Here's my sob story that just happened!!:
I was within a day of finally getting gems for the wizard school and just lost about 125 gems accidentally sped up mithral in forge. I had been in the 300 gem cost group that thankfully was lowered to 200 somewhere in the last week or so. I have wasted hours on the horrible fruit mania and now restaurant story. I could figure on getting 30 gems between them in the next day or two and then would get a wizard school. I was mining iron rich ore next to my forge and all of a sudden the forge was complete a day and a half early!!!!! I am soooo upset stupidly over a game. I am so careful normally OR I spend gems quickly to avoid this frustration. I put in the suggestion thread that we should have a bank to store gem savings. I just knew something like this would happen because it's just too many to be able to lose with one mistap. Does this NOT HAPPEN to TL players themselves? AARRGHHHH!!!!!

goldensed
05-05-13, 09:51 AM
So my lesson learned is move all possible high gem traps off to one corner and then stay away!! It's a shame we can't set things up the way we want because of this terrible flaw in the creation of the game. I'm praying the hard-hearted person who decides to leave the game as is will soften and change because I can't imagine they are very happy or have any true friends. They need help.

ghjvcucjb
05-05-13, 11:40 AM
Sorry goldensed, I feel for you. I've lost so many gems due to little fingers trying to help mommy out. Last time it was speeding up ivy's hut 30 seconds after collecting. The little wanted to tap the items ivys hut gave but just as she went to do it, they flew away and she hit the speed up and thought the purple gem was an item. 22 gems went by by. Then a few minutes later I accident sped up carrots. So started implementing a new system. I zoom in as much as possible while leaving access to the forest. Then I tap an item then the forest, item, forest and so on. The only problem comes from the fact that I can't work/see/access my whole kingdom without moving my screen around so to zoom out or move my screen is always a moment of streets and concern. This morning as I touched the area next to my forge up popped the speed up mithril box. Complete panic, tried to close out the game but it was still popped up when I restarted. Afraid to touch nything, didn't have a forest area showing but finally saw a corner of a wall and touch that a whew! All was safe. But for a few minutes there...so my heart goes out to you

MBRBTBRB
05-12-13, 11:17 PM
I might consider buying gems with real money if I could be sure of not wasting them. But without a Confirm button there is no way I'm going to risk throwing away real money.

bobbyrae
05-17-13, 07:27 PM
People have asked for a gem confirmation since the beginning of time, over 2 years. Face it, TeamLava is not going to implement it.

You may want to consider playing, but not buying gems. Then you won't lose your real money.

I can't see it ever being implemented. I play without buying gems. If i lose gems by accidentally tapping on something then...really, no big deal. Didn't really cost me a thing.

Camellotted
05-22-13, 01:54 PM
How exactly do you earn gems? I know how to spend them & buy them using real cash, but is there anything I can do to earn gems faster?

CockyJohn
05-25-13, 09:09 AM
How exactly do you earn gems? I know how to spend them & buy them using real cash, but is there anything I can do to earn gems faster?

Ditto that. I've done forum searches and so far all I've found is completing quests. However, I see no way to complete enough quests to earn enough gems to "buy" the more expensive items. Maybe gems per quest increases significantly at higher levels?

ghjvcucjb
05-25-13, 10:40 AM

Ditto that. I've done forum searches and so far all I've found is completing quests. However, I see no way to complete enough quests to earn enough gems to "buy" the more expensive items. Maybe gems per quest increases significantly at higher levels?

Occasionally there will appear in your goal list a goal to play another TeamLava game for example, Fruit Mania. When you download the game you earn gems in all the other TeamLava games, then there will be several goals to get to certain levels. Each time you reach those levels you get gems. I believe I earned 15 gems for the download and each level. The trade of us...your sanity as some of these games are really irritating!

ghjvcucjb
05-25-13, 10:41 AM
"trade OFF" darn you autocorrect!

vchanhs
05-26-13, 06:27 AM
I want to rant. Just wasted 4 gems speeding up my just collected library as I broke my own rule of never playing while walking. I need gem confirmation!!!! *some vulgar words*

Ok end of rant....

catcrack
05-26-13, 07:12 AM
I want to rant. Just wasted 4 gems speeding up my just collected library as I broke my own rule of never playing while walking. I need gem confirmation!!!! *some vulgar words*

Ok end of rant....all that over 4 gems? LOL Try this、 collect from your castle after an adventure、 send the knights out again、 then quickly start collecting from everything around the castle then report back. Speeding that bugger up should brighten your morning。

(=^ェ^=)

SacoHarry
06-06-13, 05:36 AM
Just lost 64 (sixty-four!!!) gems in an accidental Library upgrade. 64. I tried a quick delete-and-reinstall, but no luck. They're gone, unless Support can magically bring them back.

I knew I was going to do it too. I had gotten up to 88, by some miracle, without tapping something by accident. I was half-hoping to get to 200 for a Wizard school, but really I knew I'd never make it. TeamLava NEEDS a confirmation dialog. I like giving money to games I enjoy. But with the hair-trigger on gems in CS (and other ___ Story games), I can't do it. Too big a risk for needless waste.

SacoHarry
06-06-13, 11:03 AM
Storm8 tech support just responded.
[Removed support email] (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)

I was pleased to buy a few gems early in CS with $. I thought it fair to the developers for making a great game. I was hoping to do so again, with CS and other TeamLava games that I enjoy. But until the gem system is changed, my wallet's now locked up tight. WAY too easy to make a costly mistake.

crisuletmicutz
06-07-13, 05:14 AM
I agree. I lost almost 100 gems for that stupid Deep Mine. I was also saving for Wizard School. I wonder, Team Lava is really reading our comments? Because the game has more than one problem and they seem to ignore us...:(:mad::confused:

H0mer15
06-09-13, 03:38 PM
I try not to ever have more than 4 gems because I know I'll spend them accidentally speeding something up. It's pretty sad when you are wasting them on purpose so you don't waste them by accident.

markusdlv
06-12-13, 02:45 AM
I lost around 60-70 gems by accidentally pressing the speed-up button when the game lagged or I just swiped over it.

Therefore, I totally agree that there should be a confirmation screen when it's trying to use gems. Who would possibly speed up the collection of for example a cottage for the meagre few hundred coins?

An alternative could be to create a toggle option that introduces the confirmation screen or not.

bbarra
06-16-13, 10:48 AM
I wonder if TL did something recently. I've lost gems by swiping to do another task and not paying very close attention but it was maybe once or twice every 2 weeks. This morning however, lost gems to gem traps 4 times in a 2 hour period! TL, it would not be hard to implement a confirm button like other games do and it would make your loyal TL gamers extremely happy. There are several posts from players saying they won't buy gems until they get a confirm button so you are not getting their $ now. I believe if this button was implemented you would actually see gem purchases increase. No one wants to spend their $ on something just to throw it away. Sounds more like a "donation".

TinksThots
06-16-13, 11:51 AM
I've been selling everything I'm willing to part with all morning in RS for more coins for those wildly expensive goals. I had to confirm the sale of EVERY. SINGLE. TABLE. And then EVERY. SINGLE. CHAIR. And then EVERY. CHEAP. FLOWER. Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure? Golden utensil wall hangings too, and you give me those for free! Over two dozen times today, and every other time ever, you make sure I'm sure.

Yet you still callously refuse to ask me if I'm sure when I'm spending what might be my real money. THAT'S WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY OF IT.

cole7286
06-16-13, 06:07 PM
I've been selling everything I'm willing to part with all morning in RS for more coins for those wildly expensive goals.

:D Wildly expensive is correct. I think I was almost a millionaire and spent like 90% of it on the windows,etc.
I accidentally spent gems speeding up the magic garden it was very disappointing. :(

stimpackus
06-24-13, 12:43 PM
This is going to sound terrible, but as I was playing on my iphone, I dropped it accidentally out of my hand, and as I caught it I must have hit the energy purchase button and somehow spent 250 gems on a ridiculous 250 000 coins. As I looked at my screen it said I just made a purchase for the coins using up 250 of my gems.

At this point in the game (I am the highest level, and have completed almost every goal except the new trials and tribute) I have absolutely no need for coins. There is no way I would have spent 250 gems that took me over 6 months to build up. I have fallen for gem traps before and it happens to everyone once in a while, but this was a complete accident.

I am so disappointed with this. Is there anything I can do? 250 gems wasted on absolutely nothing...unreal. someone from support has to help me wih this.

lotuskat
06-24-13, 12:54 PM
You could try e-mailing support@teamlava.com

blondiellie
06-24-13, 01:54 PM
At this point in the game (I am the highest level, and have completed almost every goal except the new trials and tribute) I have absolutely no need for coins. There is no way I would have spent 250 gems that took me over 6 months to build up. I have fallen for gem traps before and it happens to everyone once in a while, but this was a complete accident.

Yeah unfortunately this just happened to me. I accidentally spent 100 gems for 100,000 coins which is ridiculous. I didn't even realize I'd done it and thought I lost them, but when I emailed the support they said I had a purchase in my history and they don't refund for in game exchanges so they probably won't be able to help you.

I agree though, how hard is it to make a slide to accept button for gem spending...

jonathanharker
06-24-13, 05:48 PM
I hate the gem traps on this game. I've spent 90% of the gems Ive earned in this game by accident. This is the only reason I will never spend real money on this game.

If a gem confirmation were added, I would absolutely buy gems because there are a few things I'd like. I just don't want to lose real money to things I don't want. That's right, I would freely spend money if it didn't feel like the game was just trying to take it.

The confirmation can even be optional, something people can switch off if they find it annoying. Really simple to do.

bbarra
06-29-13, 06:11 AM
I wonder if TL did something recently. I've lost gems by swiping to do another task and not paying very close attention but it was maybe once or twice every 2 weeks. This morning however, lost gems to gem traps 4 times in a 2 hour period! TL, it would not be hard to implement a confirm button like other games do and it would make your loyal TL gamers extremely happy. There are several posts from players saying they won't buy gems until they get a confirm button so you are not getting their $ now. I believe if this button was implemented you would actually see gem purchases increase. No one wants to spend their $ on something just to throw it away. Sounds more like a "donation".
Yep, they must have done something! I have bought gems a few times when they offered a sale and I lost a few by not paying attention but nothing like now. Couple of days ago I took advantage of the small package of gems and they were gone in less than 2 hours. Now, my attention span is not that awful. I used to click in an unexpanded area to remove the speed up button. Sometimes you have to scroll around if you don't see one on your screen. This time I speed things up the first time I clicked anywhere. I was gem-ripped big time this time!

Gardienn
06-29-13, 10:06 AM
This is going to sound terrible, but as I was playing on my iphone, I dropped it accidentally out of my hand, and as I caught it I must have hit the energy purchase button and somehow spent 250 gems on a ridiculous 250 000 coins. As I looked at my screen it said I just made a purchase for the coins using up 250 of my gems.

I am so disappointed with this. Is there anything I can do? 250 gems wasted on absolutely nothing...unreal. someone from support has to help me wih this.

This is exactly why a gem confirmation should be employed. Another--if my four-year-old accidentally touches or grabs my phone with game up. Right now, with confirmations for everything else, but not for spending gems, it is blatant robbery by TeamLava of us players. I just lost 125 gems speeding up an adventure I'd just set when I tried to collect from a nearby tower.

I've bought gems in the past. No more. I'm writing TL to tell them I'm not spending another penny on gems until they implement a gem confirmation notice. This is inexcusable.

I'm so sorry, stimpackus.

Gardienn
06-29-13, 12:26 PM
What I didn't mention was that the game mysteriously docked my gem count 25 for no reason a short time after remodeling and buying a simple 5 gem stone gate. I checked my stuff and inventory: I hadn't accidentally sped up anything or bought something. They just vanished. Then a day later the 125 went on the castle speed up I never clicked. I'm less than happy, to say the least.

I just sent off an email to TL support. At minimun they should restore my 25 gems, but I also informed them I'm not opening my wallet to them ever again unless they implement a gem purchase confirmation like they have have on other games. Enough thievery is enough.

I have a feeling they're only going to listen to their bottom line. I wonder how many more wallet cinchers it will take before they listen and put a confirmation in place. I wish more people would write TL and tell them they're not spending until it's done.

TinksThots
06-29-13, 01:02 PM
For every person who refuses to spend, ten more will spend more than enough to make up for it. If that wasn't a fact, then they'd be catering to us instead. The lack of a confirm button after all this time proves it. The lack of one from the creation of these games proves that they predicted this. Sadly, they were right.

Gardienn
06-29-13, 01:05 PM
For every person who refuses to spend, ten more will spend more than enough to make up for it. If that wasn't a fact, then they'd be catering to us instead. The lack of a confirm button after all this time proves it. The lack of one from the creation of these games proves that they predicted this. Sadly, they were right.

Injustice rots.

bbarra
06-30-13, 10:21 AM
Yep, they must have done something! I have bought gems a few times when they offered a sale and I lost a few by not paying attention but nothing like now. Couple of days ago I took advantage of the small package of gems and they were gone in less than 2 hours. Now, my attention span is not that awful. I used to click in an unexpanded area to remove the speed up button. Sometimes you have to scroll around if you don't see one on your screen. This time I speed things up the first time I clicked anywhere. I was gem-ripped big time this time!
Was studied and bought gems again. Hit a gem trap again just collecting from magic garden. There's no way I would have done that on purpose. It's almost like freaking weird that as soon as I purchase that the game swipes them up.

wafflesmeow
07-01-13, 04:40 AM
This exactly, i have been saving up to buy an apple tree for 90 gems, i got to 65 before suddenly there was lag, extra unneeded energy, speedups and all that stuff. Now I am down to 20 gems again. This happened about 4 times now, so I've lost over 100 gems because the people who work over at team Lava are [] who wont add a confirmation button.

evangelina812
07-01-13, 06:50 AM
Yes, gem traps are very annoying last night I sped up crafting a wisp lantern right when I started crafting it because I was trying to click on my other workshop (which is right next to the first one) to make another lantern. Grr!!!

But this morning, a few minutes ago, I went onto my game and found that I had mysteriously gained 31 gems! I have no idea what happened! I checked all of the forum contests, and nothing was new, and I hadn't win anything. Does anyone know what could've happened???

Does the purple cow goal give you gems after you complete it? Because I completed it and then realized m ygems had appeared.

Gardienn
07-01-13, 07:01 AM
Yes, gem traps are very annoying last night I sped up crafting a wisp lantern right when I started crafting it because I was trying to click on my other workshop (which is right next to the first one) to make another lantern. Grr!!!

But this morning, a few minutes ago, I went onto my game and found that I had mysteriously gained 31 gems! I have no idea what happened! I checked all of the forum contests, and nothing was new, and I hadn't win anything. Does anyone know what could've happened???

Does the purple cow goal give you gems after you complete it? Because I completed it and then realized m ygems had appeared.

What? Wow. Count yourself lucky. 25 mysteriously disappeared from me in addition to the 125 the gem trap took from me speeding up my castle I did not click. :( Hopefully they stay in your account.

evangelina812
07-01-13, 07:34 AM

Actually, I just realized that it was my other account that lost 16 gems. So I actually just gained 15 gems. I wonder how...

vitriolicheart
07-01-13, 03:38 PM
I really wish they'd do this. I've lost quite a few gems this way too.

Gardienn
07-01-13, 07:09 PM
Me three. They won't give me back even the 25 that mysteriously vanished from my account.

bbarra
07-02-13, 03:26 AM
I have two libraries at the highest level and have been collecting every chance I get since getting the dragon egg. Still have NOT gotten a volume of the Encyclopedia Bestiary.
I'll reply to this quote...there are 3-4 others I'd like to quote but don't know how to included them all into 1 reply. Can anyone help? Now, I don't know if TL has seen all the rants but should have a way to monitor a particular subject. All I can say is, have they seen the ones where folks are closing their wallets until they get a confirm button? Does it bother them...No! They are making money anyway. It's the ethical part that should bother them. We basically are their customers and a business should always try to keep their customers happy. I have purchased the same game from different retailers because one gave better customer service than the other. That's pretty much the bottom line. I have spent approximately $100.00 on gems and would say that 75% of the gems were "accidental purchases." It makes me mad. I have 58 gems left and am still losing them. I have over 1,500 gems in my other favorite game and the stay there until I use them! Please do something. I'm also closing my wallet.

TinksThots
07-02-13, 09:40 AM
The sad thing is, for every smart person who won't spend a dime until they show some compassion, ten more will throw them more than enough cash to make up for it. They don't even need the money we won't let them have. That makes it even more of a kick in the face that they treat us like dirt. I love the games, I love my neighbors, but I hate this company.

Queenzod
07-02-13, 09:48 AM
Was studied and bought gems again. Hit a gem trap again just collecting from magic garden. There's no way I would have done that on purpose. It's almost like freaking weird that as soon as I purchase that the game swipes them up.

I don't buy energy anymore, but I did notice when I'd buy some, I would get a rash of fang beasts who would use up all the energy I'd just bought. It happened often enough that it seemed like a thing and not just random bad luck.

arale_norimaki
07-02-13, 10:55 AM
I am not going to complain about losing gems, I play with an iPad which I guess it minimizes the chances, am super careful (but I have lost some, of course) and I only get my gems from rewards, so I take them as a bonus. I know however that a lot of people buy gems, I am sure because otherwise TL would not continue updating this game. Ironic thing is, I want to be one of those too!

I would love to be a gem buyer for multiple reasons. I understand that companies need money to exist. I pay money to other companies that sell their videogames in stores, so why not TL? I had actually bought gems for RS when I first started playing, before I realized about gem traps. It would be only fair that I bought them for CS because I love the game, the work done here is amazing and I am under the impression that developpers are somehow still close to us, players. Plus, let's face it, I would be able to have cooler things in my kingdom, instead of looking at my neighbors'!

Yet, whenever I pay for an object or a digital something, I expect not only to get the thing I bought but also that the company providing it makes sure I can enjoy it in a proper way. I need to know that a company getting my money cares about me feeling satisfied with my decision.

That is why, when I hear the answers given to all these people who unintendedly spent their gems (gems they had paid for!), I know that I should never buy them again unless the confirmation option was created. I would feel so disappointed at such lack of consideration for a client that I'd quit playing.

Instead, if such option was available I'd be the proud owner of a bunch of stuff :) :) So please, please, pretty please, Team Lava, add a confirmation option for using gems!

nancy229
07-02-13, 11:36 AM
I too have lost Gems recently. I emailed TL and have not heard anything and it has been over a week. I am missing 200-300 gems. I don't know where they went. I have purchased gems quite a few times, but I will not do it again! I am almost at the point where I might stop playing. It is very frustrating to loose gems.

Gardienn
07-02-13, 04:30 PM
I'm so frustrated and upset. The game took 25 gems from me--just docked from my account--and I lost 125 in a gem trap. I understand TL not wanting to refund the 125 and accept that, but I don't understand them refusing to restore the 25 that just vanished. When I left my game and put my phone to sleep, I had what I should've had. When I opened it again to play, 25 were missing. That's not right. :(:mad:

bbarra
07-04-13, 11:32 AM
On 7/2 i posted "I have spent approximately $100.00 on gems and would say that 75% of the gems were "accidental purchases." It makes me mad. I have 58 gems left and am still losing them. I have over 1,500 gems in my other favorite game and the stay there until I use them! Please do something. I'm also closing my wallet.

Today is 7/4 and I'm down to 40 gems (some are from an adventure) and I didn't intend to spend any of them. It's getting quite worse and I'm not doing anything different than I have been doing over the last several months. It seems though that as soon as lift my finger (stylus) after beginning a craft that it automatically triggers the speed up button and the game takes my gems.

MBRBTBRB
07-04-13, 11:23 PM
We NEED a confirm button! Come on TL, play nice with us if you want us to keep playing with you!!!

Gardienn
07-12-13, 08:29 PM
Update on my gem loss: TL support looked at my account and found the missing gems. I'd purchased yellow potted flowers, not realizing they were gem buys. I feel better now that I know what happened and appreciate that they investigated for me. They also said they forwarded to game developers my plea to make a gem spend confirmation like they have when we buy a pig or sell a building.

mathstagelover
07-13-13, 06:24 AM

But this morning, a few minutes ago, I went onto my game and found that I had mysteriously gained 31 gems! I have no idea what happened! I checked all of the forum contests, and nothing was new, and I hadn't won anything. Does anyone know what could've happened???

Does the purple cow goal give you gems after you complete it? Because I completed it and then realized my gems had appeared.

Wow! I have no idea what could have happened there. I wish I was you. I also lost 16 gems from speeding up a lantern.

dragonflyagk
07-18-13, 01:49 PM
I really want a wizard school, which I think is 200 gems, so I have to save up. Last week 90 gems seemed to disappear over night. I did contact TeamLava and they told me I used them to purchase stuff, a lot of stuff. I guess I was playing in my sleep. (Basically, purchase means you accidentally speeded up). We went back and forth a couple of times but they did not replace my gems.

Hopefully after enough people complain and they spend enough staff time responding to these complaints, they will decide that it is in their interest to add a confirm button to the speed up feature. Cross your fingers.

bsohn
07-20-13, 12:05 AM
I have lost probably 85 gems over the last week or two due to errant speedups.. I have attributed it to delays in syncing.. as I have noticed that sometimes when I select a ready to collect from item and it doesn't select I have touched it again. when it catches up it registers both taps and wham by by gems. I have also had the issue of neighboring items causing loss of gems click on what you are thinking is the one to be selected but you accidentally select the one next to it and then hit the next one only to realize wham there went the gems.. These issues are very annoying as everyone knows..

Liloze
07-21-13, 09:10 AM
530 gems bought today + 19 i had = 549
sheep 35 +
lemon and orange trees 90+
pig 20 =145

549- 145 = 404 I only have now 284 this week alone I spent more than $50 and this is the the result��

stuffedmounts
07-22-13, 09:52 PM
I really want a wizard school, which I think is 200 gems, so I have to save up. Last week 90 gems seemed to disappear over night. I did contact TeamLava and they told me I used them to purchase stuff, a lot of stuff. I guess I was playing in my sleep. (Basically, purchase means you accidentally speeded up). We went back and forth a couple of times but they did not replace my gems.

Hopefully after enough people complain and they spend enough staff time responding to these complaints, they will decide that it is in their interest to add a confirm button to the speed up feature. Cross your fingers.
This problem is nothing new and I believe that if they haven't done right by their users at this point, they never will. The number of people who refuse to waste their money buying gems specifically because of this is growing. Basically that's the only way to deal with it and send a message that customers and their hard-earned money should be respected.

vitriolicheart
07-23-13, 12:24 AM
I'm now joining you all. I just got 100 gems from the value pack and accidentally wasted half of them speeding up a carrot. So I am no longer buying Gems, until this is sorted.

Gardienn
07-23-13, 07:29 AM
I'm now joining you all. I just got 100 gems from the value pack and accidentally wasted half of them speeding up a carrot. So I am no longer buying Gems, until this is sorted.

Carrots. Man, I feel for you. You probably won't put them on a real plate for meals for weeks.

skxuelin
07-26-13, 09:49 AM
Just wanted to join this sad thread as I lost 40 really hard-earned gems (by completing quests, and installing other stupid games) in 2 days. All by accidental speeding up things when moving my fingers across my screen! OHHHHHHHHH. I really should have used them to buy little things like gates. T_T I want my gates!!

What made me mad was that it happened two days in a row, after I vowed to be very careful but gosh, there is just no way around it!

TL has been ignoring many many forums lately, well this one has started a long time ago. But what a bad customer service this is. You just have to give feedback or yes, we're going to install confirmation or no, we're not going to do it because [....]

TinksThots
07-26-13, 11:54 AM
no, we're not going to do it because [....]
Because enough addicts accidentally spend gems, buy more anyway, accidentally spend them again, buy more again anyway, and so on and so on, that we don't have to worry about those of you who actually care where your money does or doesn't go. That's why.

Gardienn
07-26-13, 12:42 PM
Because enough addicts accidentally spend gems, buy more anyway, accidentally spend them again, buy more again anyway, and so on and so on, that we don't have to worry about those of you who actually care where your money does or doesn't go. That's why.

And that is why I won't buy the Alicorn barrel special offer sitting in my game right now.

chickensitas
07-28-13, 07:39 AM
OMG!! I have found this forum!!! Makes things so clear.......Lots of people having the same issues, .......

Suddenly in the game there is no fish, no glimmerdust, no sap, no place to expand but there are places to reach, but u cant, so difficult to play.... Why??? The problems with the buyings we dont want to do.... In restaurant story and bakery story they ask u u want to cancel this dish.??...u want to expand??. I dont understand why not ask u want to speed???? U want to spend??? But its ok i understand this is a bussiness althought they tell u is for free..... And we just could stop playing..... So we just have to play it like this or leave it....... Im not sure things are going to change......the game has good things and bad things..... Like life!!! :)))) Nothing is perfect!!! :)))). So i will keep the good things this game gives me fun time and nice people !!! :). Sweet day to everybody!!!!

chickensitas
07-28-13, 07:43 AM
By the way im not so sure in buying gems, with all what ive read!!, to many complaints, to many, tooooo maaany.... OMG!!!! Soooooo many!!! Have an awesome day people!!!!!!!

raycholio
07-29-13, 10:04 AM
Adding my complaint to the already long list. Lost 40 gems this morning. Contacted support and they basically said too bad. If they're unwilling to reverse accidental misclicks, there should definitely be a gem confirmation button.

ashes2ashes83
08-13-13, 03:51 PM
I have lost over 60 gems by accidentally tapping an item too many times. I enjoy this game however I have come close to not only quitting but disputing my purchase. We really need an, Are you sure you want to use xgems to speed up this item? I cannot tell you how many of my neighbors have complained about the same thing to me. Please add this. Thanks.

vchanhs
08-13-13, 05:36 PM
I have lost quite a bit of gems these days. I have layout my kingdom in such a way that accidental speed up is unlikely. However, TL still manage to steal my gems with sync issue. A monster will pop up with enough energy remaining and then while I hit it, syncing will take place and I end up with no energy and the "pop out" to speed 20 gems for 12 energy will occurs. The thing is everything happens during the sync such that no pop out is seen and I automatically has 12 energy more and 20 gems less after the sync. Maybe I should just keep using left swing to avoid that.

konstans07
08-14-13, 12:19 AM
On Saturday I accidentally speed up my alicorn and lost 142 gems!!!!!!
Today again I did the same at my other alicorn and lost 112 gems!!!!
It is unfair to have the "speed up" button above all the things and its also unfair not to have a confirmation button " are u sure"!!!!!
In the past I have lost again gems by speed up, of course I didn't want any of that!!! 22 gems for a carot!!!! Who want that!!!!!or a cow or a building, but now I send email to TL and ask my gems back because we r talking for 254 gems!!!!

So many things and no space at all, they have to give us more expansions, so maby we will not miss click the speed up button!!!!

moon331
08-14-13, 09:18 AM
Accidentally speed up the third time. Lost not many gems, may be 30.
I spent most of my gems, so I won't lost more than the remaining, and I will become extremely careful when playing this game.

moon331
08-14-13, 09:22 AM
It is unfair to have the "speed up" button above all the things and its also unfair not to have a confirmation button " are u sure"!!!!!
In the past I have lost again gems by speed up, of course I didn't want any of that!!! 22 gems for a carot!!!! Who want that!!!!!or a cow or a building, but now I send email to TL and ask my gems back because we r talking for 254 gems!!!!

So many things and no space at all, they have to give us more expansions, so maby we will not miss click the speed up button!!!!

When I saw the speedup tab on the alicorn, I was thinking it would be a tragedy for whoever accidentally speeded up an alicorn.
Don't know how to comfort you. Pat..

Gardienn
08-14-13, 09:30 AM

I am so sorry. And I am so SO sorry for the response you will get back from TeamLava. :(

konstans07
08-14-13, 09:45 AM
Tell me about!!
I'm soooo sad but also sooooo frustrated !!
Hopefully when TL answer me ...tell me something really nice!!! They r very kind and helpfull and always listen to our opinions so ......I will let u know!!!
(Sorry for my English :-)))

nitocris
08-14-13, 12:18 PM
Hahahah I've given up on the gem traps.

Likewise I have also stopped putting money into the game.

Won't refund my accidental clicks due to poor game design?

Sure, NP, I won't buy any more gems with Real Money.

Stinge about 44 gems?

Sure, NP, I won't pay another 100 USD into the game.

Haha

Who wins?

LOL

raycholio
08-14-13, 07:13 PM
Tell me about!!
I'm soooo sad but also sooooo frustrated !!
Hopefully when TL answer me ...tell me something really nice!!! They r very kind and helpfull and always listen to our opinions so ......I will let u know!!!
(Sorry for my English :-)))

Yeah... They'll answer you nicely but I sincerely doubt you'll get the answer you were hoping for.

raycholio
08-14-13, 07:14 PM
I am so sorry. And I am so SO sorry for the response you will get back from TeamLava. :(

My sentiments exactly. Super womp womp. :( I know this pain all too well.

Oliver118
08-15-13, 12:52 AM
I used to have 23 gems, one day I found I only had 3 gems. Well, I sussed my sister for playing on my game, she said she had spent 10 gems and that she had started with 13 gems, so that's 10 gems that my sister spent (one day I'll get her for that!) and 10 gems that have mysteriously vanished...

Or maybe I had never had 23 gems in the first place, I had saw the gem count wrong, but then when I wanted to buy a pig, it let me buy it. Maybe it was just a glitch...

Also last week I spent my last gem on speeding up a Mushroom...

Frosty_Wench
08-15-13, 01:56 PM

You mean the exact same word for word response that has been issued probably 7,542,635 times has not made those recipients happy?

TinksThots
08-15-13, 02:03 PM
You mean the exact same word for word response that has been issued probably 7,542,635 times has not made those recipients happy?
LITERALLY LOL!!! :cool: :rolleyes:

sunnidaze
08-15-13, 03:21 PM
I just got 120 gems but I didn't buy them Just signed on and got the message I had 120 gems. Has this happened to anyone else?

TinksThots
08-15-13, 06:02 PM
I just got 120 gems but I didn't buy them Just signed on and got the message I had 120 gems. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yep, if you played one of the ones they're abandoning (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57130-Retiring-Older-Games), that's your consolation prize.

idris5
08-15-13, 09:15 PM
My gems do the same or did. The last update seems to have helped some, I reported it and got no help! Be careful when speed ups pop up some have accidentally hit that and poof!

glittering_fleur
09-13-13, 05:30 AM
I am playing Castle Story and I lost 20 gems when the game started resetting itself. I don't know what happened?! I never purchased anything and there were only 5 gems left when the game came back on! Help, how do I send direct msgs to admin about this?

ID: glittering_fleur

kooky panda
09-13-13, 05:43 AM
My gems do the same or did. The last update seems to have helped some, I reported it and got no help! Be careful when speed ups pop up some have accidentally hit that and poof!
Reply back to the automatic ticket email you received from support to check on the status of your issue.

I am playing Castle Story and I lost 20 gems when the game started resetting itself. I don't know what happened?! I never purchased anything and there were only 5 gems left when the game came back on! Help, how do I send direct msgs to admin about this?

ID: glittering_fleur
Send an email to support@teamlava.com. They will be able to check your game to find out what happened to your gems.

kahleesi61
10-12-13, 03:27 AM
Glad to find this thread on gems! I also have lost a few hundred it seems. Can see speeding up by mistake. Done that. It's losing 20 or 30 at a time and not knowing why is what's most irritating! Can't get over 50, then they disappear. Unable to get buildings or complete goals, as I never get enough gems collected. Very discouraging. Also refuse to buy, as afraid would lose them too. Really need a confirm button before using. Maybe would prevent speeding up by mistake but doesn't explain why lose them for no reason.

tanbi1
10-15-13, 10:41 AM
Having not fallen for any gem traps for months. I've had three in one day. Presumably, despite everyone's repeated requests to eradicate this with an 'are you sure' box, it has actually been made easier for the rare purple stones to disappear? Or am I apparently having a bad day?

nmishii
10-15-13, 11:55 AM
This is how it works for all the Teamlava games I play/played. They keep making it more convenient for players to use gems.

Kasacar
10-22-13, 02:47 PM
I also keep accidentally spending my precious gems by speeding up items when I'm just trying to move around on my iPhone. So annoying, especially when I don't even have the energy to collect. It makes it impossible to save up gems and deters me from purchasing them. If I do I need to spend them straight away.

outhouse01
11-13-13, 09:56 PM
Time for me to reserect this thread. I just put Griselda's house in the house and accidentally spent 44 gems to speed up when I tried to move her house into position. Not good TL. I am a gem buyer/spender, however, I wish to do that under my own steam, not from your traps. I do remember reading a comment from I believe, glimmergate, in a thread about a teaser on a gem sale. Rest assured I will be looking for that comment and reminding you. Cheers

Sandeuro
11-13-13, 11:56 PM

I totally agree. This made me not to buy any more gems.

jimboser
11-14-13, 08:21 AM
Why buy something that can be wasted so easily? I know I had to have lost more than 100 gems this way over the months playing this. Accidentally speeding up things that were days away that I had just collected from, crops that I had just planted, resource buildings I had just collected from. I've also accidentally bought energy more than a few times when I picked up my iPad and touched the screen wrong.

The traps are everywhere.

outhouse01
11-14-13, 02:22 PM
Jimboser, for the red flower that just came on the market for 35 gems. Definitely what I would spend on and have done just that. Still not happy about the traps however. Cheers

arikasi
11-14-13, 05:30 PM
After weeks being super careful, I fell into one again today. Somehow managed to double tap I guess.

cameronenglish
11-23-13, 02:13 PM
Agree with all above. It's not much use buying gems when they can disappear so easily. We definitely need a confirmation button.

ragingray
11-27-13, 11:03 PM
Yep, usually if lose 5-10 gems i'm annoyed, but not enough to post on forums, but although it's my own fault, knowing so many gem traps, i still got hit, fast tracked a quest accidently, and there goes 120 gems, finished the limited time quest 5 days to go. So no reason to do so.
The limited quest was the Harvest Pargola, stage was making the flowers/flower pots, accidently made 4 pots.....
30 minutess for flowers, 8 hours for the pot i believe.
Yea, TL we need gem confirmation or what i think is better option a "Setting" option in the main menu to toggle, spending Gems, so if you try speeding up, it tell you to go to main menu/setting menu and turn on Gem spending, so for thoes who love spending gem can do so with out the confirmation screen, for others who trying to save up can do so with out any chance of the Gem traps.

My Two cents worth

IgnatzBrick
12-10-13, 11:13 AM
I'm level 16 and lose gems like crazy. I lose 'em usually because when tapping rocks, trees, crops, etc, multiple times I'll accidentally hit something nearby to trigger the "Speed Up 'x' number of gems" pop-up and hit it the nano second it pops up 'cuz I'm going for another rock, tree, crop, etc. I've slowed down a lot to try to prevent that from happening.

It actually just happened when I checked to see what the pop-up says exactly for writing this post. I don't even know how it happened that time. I just saw that suddenly my workshop had a green check when seconds before I started work on a block... and yes a gem is now gone. I must have hit a speed up box that I never even saw that time???

Anyone else frequently lose gems by accidentally hitting the Speed Up option???

btw, I did just e-mail support about possibly recouping losses

meme1098
12-10-13, 01:12 PM
Good luck with that. Don't think you'll get them back.
I slowed my tapping down considerably after that happened to me numerous times. Now, if I tap near something that's not ready for collection and the box pops up to speed up with gems, I tap away, far away from it so it closes. So far, so good for me. Haven't lost any gems unintentionally in many, many months. So just slow down your tapping like you've been doing and look at everything before tapping again.

1Murphy1
12-10-13, 09:57 PM
It's called a gem trap. They think once you loose them, you'll buy more. But now if you buy them it doesn't happen immediately. Not since the timed quests. It's been 0ver 24 hours since it was deducted from my credit card for more gems. Reported it to support because my receipt number and order I'd number were not good enough, now they want me to email a copy of the iTunes receipt, pretty soon my quest will have timed out, and the gems spent will be lost. dealing with team lava is a joke

elaur
12-11-13, 04:36 AM
Good luck with that. Don't think you'll get them back.
I slowed my tapping down considerably after that happened to me numerous times. Now, if I tap near something that's not ready for collection and the box pops up to speed up with gems, I tap away, far away from it so it closes. So far, so good for me. Haven't lost any gems unintentionally in many, many months. So just slow down your tapping like you've been doing and look at everything before tapping again.

This is exactly what I do and it works.

SpiritWind00
12-16-13, 07:16 PM
dear Team Lava, exactly how many responses do you need in order to make the change to add a confirmation button??

I can speak on behalf of my hundreds of neighbours who also are so very disappointed when stung by the gem trap.

Here's an idea: Maybe remove the gem button from an item and have it separate on the side where you can see a list of everything you are crafting and a list of buildings with the gem speed up button beside each item. That way we can tap merrily around the board and NEVER accidentally spend gems by accident.

We are all looking forward to some positive action in relation to this issue!

dizzy7373
12-24-13, 11:51 AM
where I lose gems is when I am clicking quickly to try and entice a monster into my kingdom, the screen will shift as it centres and that is when I click on the speed up icon.
If the screen just stayed still then I am confident that I would never accidently speed something up.

meme1098
12-24-13, 01:48 PM
I have slowed down my tapping considerably so as not to unintentionally speed something up. Haven't either in many, many months. Just slow down and you'll be fine.

gigi03833
12-28-13, 11:14 PM
My gems in Farm Story disappear also .today I got one from my dog but it never got credited? I had 8 when my train left with a gain of 5 and instead of 13 my total was 12???? Happens all the time Don't buy gems because then you will get really mad when 30 disappear probably because your finger hit something and you didn't even notice

crazylady_61
01-05-14, 01:31 AM
Please can a warning come up before gems are spent to double check you are wanting to spend them. I have lost more gems than I have intentionally spent by accidentally tapping on an item.
It's so demoralising to see your hard earned gems disappear having worked so hard for them :-(

Draxana
01-10-14, 05:26 AM
I am new to this game and have enjoyed it so far, but for what others have appropriately called the "gem trap" situation. I, too, have mistakenly used up most of my gems during normal game play. Fortunately, the gems were a part of the newbie promotion so I haven't spent any real money. However, there is no way I will ever buy any gems until TeamLava programs in a confirmation window.

The Simpsons app, "Tapped Out," used to have "donut traps." They were notorious and I see the same thing is happening here. Fortunately the EA devs there wised up to all the customer complaints and finally implemented confirmation pop up windows. These windows have been wonderful because the threat of mistakenly using expensive donuts, bought with real money, is no longer there. Customers there are now happy to spend real money, including me. I've spent approximately $150 on that game, and have been happy to do so.

In sum, TeamLava, I love Castle Story but I won't spend a dime on your game until you implement gem confirmation windows. Thank you for listening.

onemansmiracle
01-10-14, 05:51 AM
It can be a win-win solution. People are born to spend this 50 for it. ;)

zhaica32
01-10-14, 08:07 AM
What's happening my gems in BS and RS are gone. In BS it's 60 gems then it become 18. In RS it's 63 it become 20!!! Team lava!!! Give it back!!!

MiniLaura
01-10-14, 08:18 AM
What's happening my gems in BS and RS are gone. In BS it's 60 gems then it become 18. In RS it's 63 it become 20!!! Team lava!!! Give it back!!!

I'm sorry to hear you lost your gems! Unfortunately, the forum staff and moderators are not able to help with this issue.

Please contact Support at support@teamlava.com for assistance.

jptheripper
01-10-14, 08:40 PM
Look, it is not a gem trap. The only way to spend gems is to click on the button to spend them. If you are clicking so fast that you dont see the button before you press it

click slower

Seranda
01-23-14, 02:10 PM
Just wasted 16 gems speeding up my windmill. These gem traps in Castle Story are the worst in any game I have ever seen! I'm so tired if wasting gems. I never buy them for this reason alone. And forget emailing customer service about it. They won't do anything. They get so many complaints they can't keep up with them all let alone reimburse the players. I've wasted at least 100 gems on these dumb traps. I'm so sick of it. I can never save up enough to buy anything worth while.

FlowerBurst
01-26-14, 11:43 PM
How sad that Team Lava continues to ignore this issue. The solution is simple and would be the fair thing to do; however, it is obvious that they stand to gain more by leaving things the way they are with the hope of profiting from an unintentional action on our part. Although I have purchased some gems in the past, I will no longer do so. If I lose gems I have earned from other means, so be it, but I will no longer pay money for them when Team Lava refuses to give me total control over how they are spent. If you think about it, it is truly dishonest on their part when they are aware of the magnitude of problems that occur. So many people love the game and its challenges--this issue should not be one of them. Shame on you, Team Lava!

seishy
01-27-14, 09:09 AM
there really needs to be a confirmation before spending gems. I've lost so many gems due to this. I've only found it happening with teamlava games. The other games like this that I play have a confirmation so it doesn't happen

270gButter
01-27-14, 09:21 AM
I'm so pissed, too. Saved and saved gems to buy the barracks now spent them speeding up a silly adventure by accident. Must have been at least 80 gems or so. TL you won't get me to buy gems this way!

skxuelin
01-28-14, 02:50 PM
By now I lost almost 300 gems by accidental "speeding up". I've been playing this game for a while, so I know I should not tap too fast, etc. believe me. Most of the accidents happened when I moved around the screen, or tried to zoom in. It also happened when I tried to harvest farm, as you have to tap multiple times and end up with things popping up and obscuring the screen. I have this game on the IPhone, its very tiny screen doesn't help either.

I played multiple TL games and had my share of losing gems/gold in other games by accident as well, but this game is definitely the worst. No other TL games make you lose games just by moving around the screen! A game should be relaxing, I don't want to feel scared of losing gems by accident that require me to move around very slowly and such. Even if I do this I still lost gems!

I would like to buy gems when they are on sale and keep them until I need them, but this is not working, I'll just lose them. So yes, I'm not buying any gems unless a confirmation is added.

asikosan
02-27-14, 04:44 PM
I'm so pissed, too. Saved and saved gems to buy the barracks now spent them speeding up a silly adventure by accident. Must have been at least 80 gems or so. TL you won't get me to buy gems this way!

I know your pain!
I really love this game and have one question:
Me and my nbrs always accidentally waste gems by accidentally double tapping the building or animal/whatever we collect from.
Thus we lose lots of expensive and hard to get gems!
Can dear developers please make sort of POP UP QUESTION option like "Are you sure you want to use gems" when we double tap, so we can see that we were about to waste gems by mistake.
Last time i wasted 120 gems like this i didnt play for three month ,thats how upset i got... But im not alone, %90 of my nebrs have this issue... We feel like this is done on purpose, so we waste gems and buy more.... even on forums i read that players had his happened, this is really frustrating....or we take this game too seriously....

EllieTheBeeEater
03-10-14, 03:12 AM
Just wanted to add my support for the gem confirmation idea.

I would probably spend more on gems if we had this - currently, I only buy the small gem packs occasionally when I have something specific to buy. I don't buy huge packs specifically because I think "what's the point if I end up losing them to gem traps"

mafruha
03-10-14, 03:27 AM

I mailed here. But this was useless. I didnt get my gems back.. :(

claupu
03-10-14, 04:16 AM
I just got redirected to this tread from the new Castle Story Poll and Suggestion Thread: 10 March 2014.

And I too would like to get a confirmation before spending any gems.

deCarabis
03-10-14, 12:39 PM
I find it quite annoying that when I build up my gym stock I accidentally press on a building and press the speed up button that uses my gems to do so. Is there a way that I can shut that off to prevent accidentally using my gems?😤😡

deCarabis
03-10-14, 12:39 PM
*Gem��

meme1098
03-10-14, 01:32 PM
This used to happen to me all the time too, but I have not lost gems unintentionally since I slowed down my tapping and watch very carefully what I do.

tollerach
03-10-14, 02:56 PM
I agree that gem traps need to be fixed.

I am another person who is WAITING TO PURCHASE GEMS until I know I'm not going to lose them to speed ups I click accidentally.

carebear8724
03-18-14, 10:43 AM
I was collecting money and items from my kingdom and I accidentally pressed the speed up option. This has happened so many times it drives me nuts! Can you guys change the placing of the speed up button maybe at the side of the screen or something so this quits happening. I have wasted so many gems this way it's soo annoying! Thanks

carebear8724
03-19-14, 07:44 PM
Haha it happened again I am loosing my mind here! This time 22 gems for a darn carrot!

bobbyrae
03-20-14, 02:55 PM
Haha it happened again I am loosing my mind here! This time 22 gems for a darn carrot!

Maybe if you email them and let them know you are not happy with your purchase they might consider giving a refund?

forkyfork99
04-14-14, 12:57 PM
I assume TL don't put in a confirmation for spending gems because they want us to spend more gems (and hopefully buy more), which I can understand in an established game like Restaurant Story. But it puzzles me in Castle Story, where they are clearly still balancing gameplay (changing max energy level, crafting ingredient amounts, etc.). You'd think they would want as accurate stats as they could get regarding what causes people to spend more gems (which I'm assuming is the ultimate goal of their optimization... finding a balance between players buying a lot of gems to help with gameplay, and players leaving in frustration because it's become too tedious.) If players are falling into "gem traps" as often as people here say they do (and I certainly do), TL is getting awfully skewed usage statistics.

Just the optimization nut in me, I guess. :)

I think this is a very valid point. TL obviously uses some sort of algorithm to determine who gets gem sales and who doesn't. Why wouldn't they want better stats too?

And of course, another vote for a confirmation message. Itunes gives us a confirmation message before we purchase gems (actually two if you count the "Enter your password screen"). TL should have a simple thing like this in place.

bogusiawieder
04-15-14, 10:00 AM
I always fall in these gem traps and sometimes I don't even notice it!!
So please TeamLava can you add like a confirmation button to every gem purchase?
I'm always careful but these traps are tricky so do something with it (I know I'm not the only one)
I always have difficulties with saving gems for things

Edit:I lost something like 150+ gems and I'm not joking

meme1098
04-15-14, 11:13 AM
Slow down and watch where and what you tap on. I used to have this problem all the time when I first started but since I tap very slowly and not more than a few items at a time, I never lose gems anymore. If something else is going on that's a distraction, I close the game and come back later. Good luck.

bogusiawieder
04-15-14, 11:26 AM
I have to say that my mother plays this game more than me and she is the gem waster even if I told her to be careful so I can't escape the trap much

brandonu
04-15-14, 11:48 AM
I had 120 gems the other day and logged back in with 81. Definitely hit a trap somewhere, but I have no idea where. It happens...

bogusiawieder
04-15-14, 11:52 AM
And that's why I ask TeamLava for a confirmation button on these things

katbtodd
04-15-14, 11:53 AM
I had 120 gems the other day and logged back in with 81. Definitely hit a trap somewhere, but I have no idea where. It happens...

Thinking every body done that ..at one time or another... It should be fix... But the best advise is to slow down and make sure you game is as big as it gets ...

bogusiawieder
04-15-14, 11:55 AM
Thinking every body done that ..at one time or another... It should be fix... But the best advise is to slow down and make sure you game is as big as it gets ...

But think that sometimes gem traps can do ninja hits and when you think you didn't use any gem you notice that some are poofed

bogusiawieder
04-15-14, 12:06 PM
Thanks for moving my thread here didn't know this one existed

kitthecat
04-15-14, 07:29 PM
Thanks for moving my thread here didn't know this one existed

:rolleyes: Threads with this topic have been around since the day TL's games started.......

Queenzod
04-15-14, 08:16 PM
I have to say that my mother plays this game more than me and she is the gem waster even if I told her to be careful so I can't escape the trap much

Have her give you a dime for each gem she wastes. :)

bogusiawieder
04-16-14, 05:34 AM
Have her give you a dime for each gem she wastes. :)

Well lol if she does I will be rich by now

arikasi
04-17-14, 04:21 PM
And *frustrated noise here* managed to buy 12 energy for 20 gems accidentally. I was doing so well recently being careful too and had just made it to over 100 gems. Oh well, there goes 20 days worth of one gem pie exchanges.

kazkgb
04-17-14, 05:55 PM
Gems constantly disappear, suppose to be accident clicking to speed up but I disagree!

lordviv
04-17-14, 11:50 PM
Can we please get an alert state before allowing gems to be used across all speed up actions.. This has been going on long enough and it's just getting very frustrating for EVERYONE ....

I've lost countless gems this way . Happens to the best of us and many of us actually pay for these gems too.

This can't be such a complex technical task for game developers to ignore for so long. Players keep raising this issue across multiple threads and this will not in any way end up being a revenue loss for you.. Having this fair play switch might end up reducing revenues marginally but will go a long way in building credibility as well as have your loyal users spend more..

Come on Team Lava isn't it about time you fixed this once and for all ??????

bogusiawieder
04-18-14, 12:52 AM
Can we please get an alert state before allowing gems to be used across all speed up actions.. This has been going on long enough and it's just getting very frustrating for EVERYONE ....

I've lost countless gems this way . Happens to the best of us and many of us actually pay for these gems too.

This can't be such a complex technical task for game developers to ignore for so long. Players keep raising this issue across multiple threads and this will not in any way end up being a revenue loss for you.. Having this fair play switch might end up reducing revenues marginally but will go a long way in building credibility as well as have your loyal users spend more..

Not only speed up but even buying items and energy for gems.

Hollie1922
04-18-14, 05:31 AM
I wish there was a 2nd confirmation before the gems are spent when u speed up tasks that u click on by accident!!! have wasted loads of gems this way by accident!!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-18-14, 08:34 AM
Join the club lol... Upteen other threads on here about this exact thing :/

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-18-14, 08:35 AM

Here, here!!! ... I second, third and quadruple that motion!
C'mon TL! ... It makes me hesitant to buy any more gems now!

lordviv
04-18-14, 09:49 AM
Here, here!!! ... I second, third and quadruple that motion!
C'mon TL! ... It makes me hesitant to buy any more gems now!

True, it's painful to lose gems after you pay for it.

Sure from adventures and trades I make a decent few gems every week but trust me on a single bad day I like lost some 34 odd gems by speeding things up which was caused due to a UI lag on my iPad ... That day drove me nuts :confused:

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-18-14, 10:01 AM
True, it's painful to lose gems after you pay for it.

Sure from adventures and trades I make a decent few gems every week but trust me on a single bad day I like lost some 34 odd gems by speeding things up which was caused due to a UI lag on my iPad ... That day drove me nuts :confused:
Tell me about it! Thinking I was in 'edit' mode (& I wasn't), I went to move my barracks and BAM! Lost 105 gems, cuz I had just sent the knights out, not long before.
We reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need gem confirmation TL!
C'mon now .... Listen to your Easter peeps here!! Lol

doobievilla
04-18-14, 02:56 PM
Tell me about it! Thinking I was in 'edit' mode (& I wasn't), I went to move my barracks and BAM! Lost 105 gems, cuz I had just sent the knights out, not long before.
We reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need gem confirmation TL!
C'mon now .... Listen to your Easter peeps here!! Lol

Be more careful

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-18-14, 04:04 PM
Be more careful

Um...thanks, Mom ...& I *am* careful but gem traps have happened to us all. Probably you, too.
Btw, asking for gem confirmation is not an unreasonable request.

ikbentochnietgek
04-19-14, 08:39 AM
Having a confirmation button assures them that a lot of people buying stuff with real money. So my believe is that adding such a functionality will get tl even more money. However reading this tread i am very negative that they will ever do this. Only thing i can do is not buying gems anymore. Which i will. If everybody did that then we will have the confirmation button in no time. Still i agree with a lot of the comments that for 1 player not paying anymore are 10 players paying for gems. Not very hopefull that it will come....

CoalCountry
04-20-14, 11:23 AM
I lost THIRTY-FOUR (that's 34) GEMS today by accidentally speeding up my Reindeer Stable! So irritating and disappointing! I don't like to spend money on Gems, so I play the games offered and Exchange golden eggs, nuggets, and apples for Gems. That takes a long time to accumulate 34 Gems. TL/CS needs to change the way that is set up.

anissada
04-21-14, 07:27 AM
TL finally reached my limit..
while saving for the fishmarket, only 2 gems short of 120....
i lost almost all the gems i had by speeding up the baracks by accident when i was collecting glimmertroves..
so many times it happened and so many of the players have complained and asked for a security popup by mailing support@teamlava.com. but TL refuses that. i'm sad, cause i really liked this game, apart from this thefth...
but every time i lose gems, and so many too.. i get more angry and frustrated.. i quit. thanks to all of you who were loyal neigbours.

btw.. i play very, very careful.. but refreshing happens so often and takes gems away.

onemansmiracle
04-21-14, 05:37 PM
if whenever we click something,the screen doesnt move, then the problem can be solved, its really an unconvinient feature makes us click on something we dont mean to! above all, how can the biggest problem of this game has existed for so long, i guess customer is no longer the god anymore. either you suck it up or you can just go. just saying..

shambalaya
04-22-14, 12:17 AM
This is by far the biggest frustration in this otherwise great game!
Personally I have in total lost around 400 gems that I didn't intend to spend, the worst being speeding up an alicorn and my phone deciding to buy coins whilst in my pocket. That really hurts! None of those gems were bought, they came from hours of (hard work!) playing other games and months of cs gameplay.
Some of the things you can speed up are ridiculous too: 644 gems to speed up a newly collected alicorn, anyone? Nobody in their right mind would ever ever do that, nobody would ever speed up a newly planted carrot - or a cow?!

I wish there was an on/off switch for speeding things up and I want gem confirmation!
Thank you Teamlava for finally listening to us, your loyal customers :)

desele
04-24-14, 06:23 PM
I agree with almost everything everyone has said on this thread. The loss of gems is the biggest drawback to the game. I've set myself a level goal, and when I achieve it, I'll likely slow down or go completely. I won't recommend the game to friends in RL. Adding a "lock/unlock" feature to the gems area would be such a benefit.

Seriously700
04-25-14, 07:59 AM
I went to the storm8.com corporate page and found out their motto is "Your satisfaction is our guarantee!" Ha ha, that's a good one!!!

I lost 180 gems this week when the screen "blinked" for a second and sent me back to the prior screen just as I was tapping a different item. TL support will not refund.

This happened when I was in expand mode, comparing the costs of different expansion plots. I closed one expansion requirement window, and as I went to click on another plot, the screen blinked and the button for use 180 gems (instead of 15 or 16 lanterns) must have appeared right where I was clicking.

At the time, I had no clue what happened. I had clicked to exit the window and the next thing I knew I had the same popup window back with a checkmark next to the lanterns. I figured I had accidentally given the lanterns since I had about triple the amount needed. It was a while later that I noticed that I was missing many gems, and only figured it all out when TL support identified the expansion requirements goal as the place where I lost 180 gems.

This really dampens enthusiasm for this game. A rigid refund policy combined with a lack of gem confirmations is just not a good customer satisfaction formula. And as many have stated here, the short term financial gains that Storm 8 receives must be far outweighed by the loss of otherwise happy paying customers.

We have 3 family members in our home playing CS and we have frequently splurged on gem sales and starter packs, and the money has added up. But now we are going to stop making all cash purchases. Not sure if we'll continue playing the game for much longer, it feels kind of icky. :(

onemansmiracle
04-25-14, 08:12 AM
i feel for you.. i have been very very careful about these traps,but occasionally lost small amounts, never passed 30 though. now i have a good habit of pausing a second after each click. something costs as many as hundreds of gems to speed up such like unicorn or so, who would willingly do that? no matter how i look at them,they feel like deliberately made traps. not cool!

Webby1979
05-01-14, 01:44 PM
It would be an improvement if there was a confirmation before spending gems. The fact that you get tricked in wasting gems is the sole reason i don't spend money on these type of games. I just accidentally bought 2 carrot speed ups for 40+ gems. I really like this game and would happily have spend some money to show my appreciation, but this just holds me back.

I emailed support to see what they answer...

SpiritWind00
05-02-14, 02:20 AM
So, exactly how many players do you need to support the gem confirmation button before you actually do something about it???????? I am post and player number 233 to write on this thread asking for the button. And check out the date of first post, it's not like it's just a new request.

There would be several hundred more players who lose gems and do not report on forum and then there are those who just email Support direct in the hope they can help.

So, TL if it's just not going to happen, just say so.....

If it is going to happen, please give us an implementation month.

We just want some information about the likelihood of this feature being implemented in the game. All those in agreement raise your hand! Yep, I see your hand and yours and yours at the back... !

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-02-14, 09:44 AM
*hand been raised for months*

Yes, TL ... A simple "we hear you & hope to rectify soon" or "this feature is not in the plans anytime soon" would be nice. Just SOME kind of response, one way or another.... Why so quiet on this issue from your loyal (paying) customers?????

Queenzod
05-02-14, 10:56 AM
*hand been raised for months*

Yes, TL ... A simple "we hear you & hope to rectify soon" or "this feature is not in the plans anytime soon" would be nice. Just SOME kind of response, one way or another.... Why so quiet on this issue from your loyal (paying) customers?????

My understanding of this issue is that they're not going to fix it. They know we're upset about it, and they could have fixed it at any time over the last year. The fact that they haven't seems to be a pretty clear indication of their intent. It would not be in their best interest to come out and say they're not going to fix it. Yes, some people stop playing because of this (Doobievilla being the latest example), but those leaving aren't affecting TL's income levels sufficiently to warrant a change in their policy.

This is just my opinion, of course, but it seems to me that the only way to force them into the change is if everyone stopped playing. That is also not likely to happen, because face it, this game rocks and is the only one of its kind out there. So, the only thing you can do is be extremely careful and accept that you are going to lose gems from time to time.

It doesn't seem right to me, but I have come to believe that them's the facts. Sad, but true.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-02-14, 11:39 AM
Queenzod ~ you're probably right ... And the silence means "don't hold your breath" or "KEEP holding your breath, but either way, it ain't happening". LOL!
Just seems like a bad approach to doing business cuz it leaves a foul taste in the customers' mouths.
At least I've never PURCHASED gems by accident because Apple not only asks for my password but then also asks, "are you sure...?" Better approach. Period.

Hollie1922
05-03-14, 06:36 AM
defintely need a gem confirmation before the gems are spent! I have spent loads of gems by accidentally speeding up things! so frustrating!

shambalaya
05-04-14, 05:12 AM
I would even pay gems for a gem bank...

TinksThots
05-06-14, 12:04 AM
For every post on this thread, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of players out there completely unaware of what's really going on, who are spending far more than we're holding back. That's why this will never change. We're screaming at deaf ears. Ears that are getting richer by the minute, therefore have no need to listen. It's brilliant in its malignancy.

onemansmiracle
05-07-14, 10:18 AM
next time if again i lose my gems by these traps, i will change my rating for the game in app store! imagine what if others all do the same

mafruha
05-08-14, 07:12 AM

Its no use.i tried it twice.

jdygmgi
05-16-14, 03:25 PM
I have just lost 32 gems in Castle. It happened before but not so badly likethis time. I am going to write support@teamlava.com for some HELP.

Thanks.

shambalaya
05-16-14, 03:29 PM
Can we have this thread stickied please! :-D

bluebird5555
05-16-14, 07:39 PM
They are never going to add a "are you sure" button. This has happened since I started playing. Lots of people complain about it, but it's just ignored:-/!

camber16
05-18-14, 03:53 AM
Logged into find missing gems overnight whilst out at work. Not the first time this has happened to me now. I am fast losing the will to play CS. Not to mention the minute I have a new quest, my land loses the ability to drop what is needed, eg: mermaid scales right now. :mad:

PurpleScorpion76
06-03-14, 11:23 PM
I just sped up making sugar :( grrr! I play on I-phone and yes I think it's partly the size of the phone, I didn't even see the box pop up to suggest I could spend gems. I've been trying to be so careful not to press on this, and until today didn't gave enough gems for any of the accident speed ups! Definitely won't be purchasing them for real! Oh and I couldn't get my gems back, these actions are not refundable. It's a permanent action. Which is highly unfair when it's accidental.

FlowerBurst
06-04-14, 03:02 PM
I am so upset--when I attempted to collect from my mine, it triggered a speed-up for an adventure I had just started--120 gems down the drain! :(

doobievilla
06-04-14, 04:12 PM
I am so upset--when I attempted to collect from my mine, it triggered a speed-up for an adventure I had just started--120 gems down the drain! :(

Feel your pain there friend.. did that a few weeks ago and went on a rant.. deaf ears.. City Story at least has the Gem thing down at bottom.. when screen centers on something already collected in CS it zips focus to that object and there is where the Donation to TL happens( on iphone a hour ago.. sped up a Mushroom for a Gem.. Sweet!

mnjcafe
06-05-14, 08:53 PM
I play on an iPad so I don't have as much of an issue (targets are bigger, harder to make mistakes), but today I accidentally sped up Greselda's castle! I guess I was just trying to tap whatever was next door and I tapped twice in the wrong spot?? Of all the stupid things to speed up! If I was going to waste 40 gems, it couldn't have been the latest "Mail Agnes Materials" in the royal exchange? Ughhh, I felt so dumb.

lilkingdome
06-06-14, 11:15 AM
Gem confirmation PLEASE!!!!
I absolutely LOVE this game but having lost over 500 gems do to no confirmation I am getting very frustrated!
I have contacted storm support but using gems is a permanent action and there's nothing they can do.
Until some kind of failsafe is put in to prevent accidental use of real money I can't keep gems on hand as I prefer.
A gem confirmation would make an already great game Perfect!