PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gem, anyone? Gem Confirmation

Pages : 1 [2]

Nimlandy
06-07-14, 06:03 AM
Gem confirmation PLEASE!!!!
I absolutely LOVE this game but having lost over 500 gems do to no confirmation I am getting very frustrated!
I have contacted storm support but using gems is a permanent action and there's nothing they can do.
Until some kind of failsafe is put in to prevent accidental use of real money I can't keep gems on hand as I prefer.
A gem confirmation would make an already great game Perfect!

That's it. I'm buying no more gems. (Ya, I know I bought some!) I lost 32 gems the other day through an accidental click and today I was gathering cabbage and accidental click! poof! 88 gems gone on speeding up a flipping dragon!!! And not even an Alicorn! A dragon! I think this might be it for me. Which will be a loss cos I am in the habit of buying gems to finish quests. So that's an actual customer gone... Are they happy now?

senshin
06-28-14, 11:41 AM
Count me among the super bummed out. I totally covet gems (since I don't buy them) and just lost 100 accidentally speeding up my knights on adventure. I guess I should consider myself lucky that this is the first time in months I've fallen into a gem trap, but that was a doozy since it ate up most of what I had been saving up. :(

3Dolphin2013
06-30-14, 05:28 AM
Hey all,

So I just accidently misclicked and I wasted I don't know how many gems to speed up the troll pit.
Waste of gems!!

Dear TeamLava: It is time for an option button in your games!!!

I read a quite a few topics about this but nothing has changed yet!!!

So annoying :(

WorldOfMakeBelieve
07-08-14, 10:32 PM
TL - this has been an ongoing issue for years now. Don't you think it is time to address this to the satisfaction of your loyal players?

PurpleScorpion76
07-09-14, 06:10 AM
I've only been playing since May but already lost gems to this issue. There have been plenty of ideas of how to combat this apparently you have things in other games too. You know you would make more money this way!

PikaSquirrel
07-09-14, 10:56 AM
Please write in an email to support@teamlava.com and a support agent will look into it for you!

dragon2046
07-10-14, 05:07 PM
Please write in an email to support@teamlava.com and a support agent will look into it for you!

I emailed support regarding this issue cuz I accidentally sped up a dragon when I was maxed on scales, just got an email back stating basically "sorry can't help u ". :(. So u can email but don't expect any results. Love this game but this is a problem they will just never fix.

katbtodd
07-10-14, 05:27 PM
Me , my self , and I have figured they would be more gem sales if they fix the gem traps,,,I have gotten caught to many times and will not buy any more gems until they get that fix... And I thinking I'm not alone on this

lifesakick
07-13-14, 06:55 PM
This is an annoying feature of all teamlava games, but I find it worse on this game than the others. I have lost at least ten gems by inadvertently speeding things up... Stupid things like mushrooms. VERY annoying. You don't even realize you've done it until you see your gem count is down. Once I glimpsed the little gem icon floating off, but usually, it's very sneaky. That is one reason I won't spend real money to buy gems.

This has happened to me several times. So glad I'm not alone. Only trouble really is when we're paying real dollars for the gems and they are accidentally usurped. :(

lifesakick
07-13-14, 06:57 PM
I emailed support regarding this issue cuz I accidentally sped up a dragon when I was maxed on scales, just got an email back stating basically "sorry can't help u ". :(. So u can email but don't expect any results. Love this game but this is a problem they will just never fix.

I certainly hope this is not the case. I've sent TL messages requesting replenishment of gems/jewels on two games. I have accidentally used gold on Dragon Story but since I haven't spent real $$ on that game, I'm not asking for them back. Hopefully TL will fix this issue if it in fact has been around for years.

29vanilla
07-14-14, 11:20 PM
Please TL fix the disappearing gem issue. I have lost gems in both of my accts. Very disappointing to have these gem traps. I haven't emailed support Bc it seems the customers don't get a return on their gems so why bother. Please fix the problem. Thanks.

WorldOfMakeBelieve
07-16-14, 08:22 PM
Lost gems today, anyone else?

goodsoul76
07-19-14, 03:39 PM
I just lost 150 gems.....I'm disgusted!

zenobia42
07-19-14, 08:10 PM
I just lost 150 gems.....I'm disgusted!

That's nothing. I lost 453 gems in a gem trap once. People in this thread say to try contacting TL support. I did so the moment it happened. We are not allowed to talk on the forum about what their customer "support" communicates with us. I will say only that I am NEVER giving this company another dime for gems. (I used to buy a bit when there was a sale, just about every week, for the first 2 months I played. In the last month, 0) I have converted from a player happy to give the team who makes the game I play a bit of money to pay for all the work they do, to a player who will leech off this game for as long as possible for free, while continuing to spend money on OTHER games.

In my case, I did NOT hit the speed up button, I hit near it, and the game IMO purposely makes that happen to you by making the hot spot larger than the graphic so if you tap too close to it, but don't actually tap it, it takes your money anyway. It also shifts the screen strategically at the exact moment it is too late to see it shift and move your finger before it taps, but too soon for you tap faster than it. It VERY much seems like that they would rather take money from people unwillingly than have people continue to feed them money of their own free will. It baffles me why anyone would steal from someone who was perfectly willing to give them money, and happily so. Instead, steal from them once and stop that source of income. Maybe they think we're stupid and will keep paying money to a company that steal from them? IDK. Not speaking of their customer "support" staff in particular. Just in generalities. I don't want to break the forum rules.

ETA: If they were to ever add a confirmation button before taking the gems you had no intention of spending, I'd buy again.

DollyTank
07-20-14, 03:45 AM
Typically, I know when I've accidentally tapped something and used gems to speed them up. However, in the past two days I've gone from 117 gems to 47 without ever seeing/doing a double tap. I'm calling foul!

PurpleScorpion76
07-20-14, 09:06 AM
Technically it is. There are things I'd like to buy but won't until I either have the space and can use up all my gems straight away. Or until they get rid of the gem trap.

luna2cute
07-22-14, 01:13 PM
I lost half my gems by hitting load on the summer caravan and accidentally touching a tiny bit of the speed with gems button beside it. Contacted TL, they wont do anything. Its sad because I was saving up for a good royal building. Its disappointing and I wont ever buy gems because of it.

zenobia42
07-22-14, 10:35 PM
... Its disappointing and I wont ever buy gems because of it.
THIS is why I am completely baffled as to why they refuse to just to the right thing by us. We would gladly pay them money for gems. Over and over and over again in many cases. Instead they would rather steal from us, and by doing so make us disappointed and/or angry enough to refuse to give them a penny!

I really wish there were a way to ensure everyone considering buying gems (or anything in any TL game) read this thread before doing so. Obviously we can't do that, but we all do have the right to warn others about these tactics in our reviews of the game in iTunes. Then maybe we can save some people from getting robbed.

3dogsandacat
07-23-14, 12:00 AM
Just lost 150 gems on cabbages as I was loading the ones I had when my dog bumped my arm to get me to scratch her & feed her - must have hit the skip button by accident. Who would do that when there is still so much time to finish the quest. I contacted support - my answer was sorry nothing we can do for you.

Feeling like a sore looser since I was being so careful & had over 200 gems I was saving to buy a building. ,Definitely won't be spending money to purchase more - the one time I did purchase some, I lost them all to a gem trap - bet I have wasted several 100 gems that I could have used for buildings or other real gem purchases.

Moral of the story, as much as you like CS, don't spend any money on this game unless they fix the problem.. It would be sch as easy fix to have something pop up & ask if you were sure you wanted to make this purchase. I think everyone who plays CS & other Storm8/Team Lava games has been burned, but don't think they game people really care.

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 01:54 AM
I think they think they'll lose money because if it. I just can't see it that way. Put the speeded up item back where it was and return the gems. Simples!

brdwybaby
07-24-14, 01:24 AM
TeamLava probably won't refund your gems. I've had the same problem, along with countless others. I went to collect from a pig today and accidentally spent 16 gems to speed up a sheep I JUST COLLECTED FROM. I was so mad. But I've contacted them before and they were far less than willing to help. I guess they can't tell whether or not you're being honest and not just trying to ***** them out of gems, which I can understand. But this is exactly why we need need NEED a gem confirmation option! In my opinion, it's the biggest problem in-game. Gems are too precious and too expensive to accidentally waste. Whether you purchase them with real money or take the time and dedication to earn them. It isn't fair.

arch786
08-14-14, 11:38 AM
I too have lost gems in CS (and gems/gold bars in other TL games) many, many times. Usually it's just 1 or 2 at a time, sometimes much more. Seriously annoying.

If arcades could cut holes in customers' pockets so that tokens fell out randomly forcing the customer to buy more, no doubt some of the shadier establishments would. BUT, as many here have stated- the risk of the gem trap has made lots of players who would spend real-world money on gems stop doing so. Basically, TL says they make more money this way, players say they would make more money the other way. Why not just give it a try and see? In fact, if TL announced that for 1 week they were simply going to trial a confirmation screen for gem purchases (i.e. "Are you sure you want to spend 20 gems to speed up Ivy's Hut?") and see how successful it is, I bet they would make even more money because players would rush to spend money in order to prove their point. Either way, it's easy enough to try. Make an update with the confirmation screen. If TL loses money, then they can reverse it with another update shortly after. :p

brandonu
08-14-14, 12:02 PM
I've only bought one thing is this game, a package that cost $0.99 and gave me the Royal Manor (120 gems). Through playing other games and acquiring gems in game; I have got 2 wizard schools, a mermaid pond, a fish market, a magic fruit tree, a living tree and a maple tree. Early on in the game I think I bought an apple tree because I needed a golden apple and I was losing gems through traps. I try to spend the gems as soon as I can get anything of value, because I know I will lose them via a gem trap. I don't have the internal fortitude to accumulate enough to acquire the barracks.

iLLUMI2012
08-15-14, 08:06 AM
Sometimes gems and other items can disappear if your game hasn't sync'd up properly. This usually happens if you're somewhere where the internet connection is a bit flakey.
It's always best to leave the game running in the background until you're back in an area where the internet connection is consistent. Then close the game as normal or just leave it running if thats what you normally do.

Glitches seem to be very rare these days. I can't recall when I last experienced one but it was some time ago. Sometimes glitches can work in your favour though. But sadly you can also lose items that you've been waiting for ever to get, that you just finally managed to get when it glitches.

The now infamous 'Gem trap' can sometimes occur without you even knowing it. Since the latest game update I've noticed that the game is much more sensitive to touch. If I click on items that have been dropped on the board such as energy, crops etc and there's say a building or plant underneath these items, then it thinks I'm clicking on the building or plant and not the items sitting on top of them. This has become extremely annoying.

But to earn gems, remember to collect from the Purple Cow often. She drops gems every so often. And you can earn gems from the Exchange too.

brandonu
08-15-14, 09:34 AM
But to earn gems, remember to collect from the Purple Cow often. She drops gems every so often. And you can earn gems from the Exchange too.

You can also get gems from dragons, Sir Piggy, Baron trades and quests.

maguar
08-15-14, 04:29 PM
Since the latest game update I've noticed that the game is much more sensitive to touch. If I click on items that have been dropped on the board such as energy, crops etc and there's say a building or plant underneath these items, then it thinks I'm clicking on the building or plant and not the items sitting on top of them. This has become extremely annoying.

You might want to check the App Store as there was another update that fixed this and the music issue.

tudou1
08-16-14, 12:16 AM
I just lost 700 gems for sunstone by mistake. It take me several month to save those gems:(I feel so sad:(

Jennerwein1
08-17-14, 09:54 AM
Glad I found this thread. Have lost a few gems to traps,too. Nothing this outrageous though. So, now I won't pick up coins, xp's, etc. Will exercise patience. (This will be hard!!!)

WHITEthought
09-01-14, 12:29 PM
My dear administrators! Maybe I'm not the first one to say,but this is really disappointing thing in this wonderful game! My level is 45 and I'm playing pretty long time. Several times I spent germs by accident (about 50 germs or more) just by pressing buttons too fast... Could you do something to that,please? Maybe by adding an extra button ARE YOU SURE TO SPEND GERMS or some other... Thank you.

sera520
09-02-14, 06:54 AM
I too, am a long time player, and I have lost so many gems, Can you please do something ? i have so many times wanted to exit this game never to return but I truly enjoy this game, all your team lavas games are the same, you loose gems, and i cant ever get them back, I too, would love the are you sure button, thanks so much,
sera520

gilachaya
09-11-14, 02:01 AM
I am also a long time player. I used to buy gems regularly, both to get extra turns and gem only purchases. I accidentally pressed a unicorn that had just been used. I had 4 other unused unicorns at that time. I lost about 600 gems in one swipe. Clearly this was unintentional. Support gave me nothing other than a polite reply. These were not unicorns made in a love shack. I bought them and many other things. I am keeping my gem levels low since this occurred. I'm not happy that I lost that many gems and that support didn't even offer me anything. I'll still play because I enjoy the game but I am disappointed both in what happened and that there wasn't even a good faith attempt to do something for me.

stmarymead
09-15-14, 07:50 PM
I just lost 176 gems... It's not the first time that I lost a large amount at once. And This time I didn't even notice it happening. I used to buy gems, but I'm regretting that I ever did even for the things that I purchased on purpose. I should not have spent any money on this game... Sigh.

It seems like TL couldn't care less if we complain, but I wrote to keep this thread active...

janddolphins
09-18-14, 08:45 AM
I was so happy last week to have everyone's advice in this forum on what to buy with my gift card while in the hospital. I got the two schools and dragon and am so happy with them. Thank you again everyone for the advice, as I love the forum aspect of TL games :)

I had 25 gems left after purchase so figured I would do two 5 gem trades and get a sheep. Well one trade in I am down do 6 gems. Saw one trap but honestly don't even know where the others have gone. As I fall into traps so much I have changed my clicking style so with buildings and things you can speed it don't tap next to each other. I've also slowed down. Wrote to TL a couple days ago but who knows if I'll hear back.

It's so disheartening that such a great game has such a terrible customer service that truly appears not to care about their players. From what I can read on here it seems this trap has been something players have been complaining about since start, begging for a confirmation button. I am someone who believes in giving back to a game you enjoy and was looking forward to getting more features down the line, but not if this is not resolved. .

I do hope TL changes as they do have by far the best iphone game I have seen. For now though I will stick to playing free unless changes are made.

janddolphins
09-18-14, 09:14 AM
Well it's not the gem purchase I am upset about. I was happy to use my card here, I felt castle story deserved it more than any other game I play. It's losing of gems that I save up which bothers me in those "gem traps" or others ways since I cannot confirm they were all traps as some I did not see how they went missing, and TL's lack of response to this issue which has been ongoing. I have played many games with different companies and this is the first one I have played that I have seen this type of customer service.

kudukuda
09-18-14, 09:32 AM
Also, i would suggest you keep your golden apples for layer on, and for now do the 1 gem trade

janddolphins
09-18-14, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the tip on the golden apples

reliquary
09-18-14, 05:44 PM
Yes that is the tactic, but remember it's at the point of (gem) purchase they get their $$$

I mean, the whole point of the game is to get you to waste them(on purpose or otherwise) so you would want to buy another pkg. of gems. Why should they care how fast they are used when a significant % is profitable gem traps ...they already have your $$$

Create a demand in a game (wizard school, mithril dragon, special items) or IRL Capitalism

but it it FLAT OUT WRONG to take them by a players mistake

29vanilla
09-19-14, 08:06 PM
So I lost 24 or 27 gems recently plus a lot more that I don't even want to think about. Yes I've slowed down but when this is my favorite primary game I play (2 accts); the odds of hitting those awful gem traps increases tenfold! This last loss of gems; I reported in a thread and emailed TL. I knew it wouldn't do any good but I just had to, so frustrated. Who do you contact at Apple?

madpe
09-23-14, 09:38 AM
I just want to add my support for finding a solution for gem traps. We've all been there, feeling angry, disappointed, betrayed, upset... Fixing the gem traps should REALLY be the number one priority in future updates, if TL would like to keep players, but I can of course only speak of personal experience. Having played the game from the beginning, the gem traps is actually the only thing about the game that ever really bothered me. And they piss me off, probably borderline illegal as well. Other than that, thank you TL for a great game.

parker8pets
09-29-14, 06:18 PM
Is there anyway to have a confirm option for spending the gems, like when you want to speed up a building, or you don't want to have to craft something? I have wasted so many gems by accidentally hitting the purple "speed up" option. I have just been dealing with it up until now, but I just wasted another 50 gems! I'm trying desperately to save them and had over 240, and now I think I have less than 200. I realize half of this is my issue, I need to be less in a hurry. But, if I total it all up, I know it's over 300 gems total that I've gone through unintentionally. Please look into it, even one extra confirm button would help a lot!!! Thanks

katbtodd
11-14-14, 11:50 AM
Please please,,think about changing this ,,yes my screen is big ..yes I have slowed down ,but we all still seem to get caught in them , TL do you realize once you fix this ,how your sales of gems would sky rocket.
I know a lot of people quiet these games because of this, It is the number reason I quit Dragon story and farm story 2 , I just kept getting traped.
Please TL think about this .

nbeans
11-16-14, 05:41 AM
Please add a confirmation button already! I'm a new player and am seriously regretting any time and money I've already spent on this game :(

janddolphins
11-16-14, 09:40 AM
Trying hard to take the just a game approach...but this morning when I logged in and saw once again my 100 gems gone from a stupid click it's hard not to get a little annoyed. I've always bit my tongue when I lost a few here or there but this was a BIG hit. I don't mind giving back the part of the quest line I accidentally skipped and needing to do it if I could just get those 100 gems back!

I've been trying hard to find another game similar to this one, losing interest in RS and BS but I just keep coming back to my Castle. Although if another company that doesn't take gems makes a similar game of equal entertainment I will switch in a heartbeat as TL has lost my loyalty.

poisonoushades
11-22-14, 01:49 PM
CONFIRMATION BUTTON PLEASE!!! I have been a victim of this gem trap as well. I don't have the luxury of spending real money on free games, so I most likely will never get those gems back. It has happened way too often already, and I'm only level 14! I've lost at least 20 gems by now accidentally speeding things up. My place is very small, and it's not easy to avoid the speed up button. I might quit playing because of this, because there is no way I will ever get those gems back since I can't spend money on them IRL. It's already hard enough to get gems without things like this happening EVERY DAY!!

Bailey80503
11-30-14, 08:43 AM
I agree. There should be an additional confirmation screen or something before spending gems.

Liloze
11-30-14, 03:09 PM
Yep Gem traps almost suck out the fun from the game, it is like walking on eggshells, afraid to hit the wrong button!:rolleyes:

nienna55
12-06-14, 08:44 AM
I refuse to buy gems until a confirm button is added. I have lost most of my gems 3 times now because the game lagged and I accidentally clicked to use them. I'll never get a sheep at this rate. (And again, why can't we get normal sheep with gold?!)

reliquary
12-08-14, 11:10 AM
Nothing like having the wind blown out of your sails and feeling resentment for even playing the game:(

It's like the opposite of a woohoo moment....poopoo:(

Liloze
12-08-14, 11:54 AM
Nothing like having the wind blown out of your sails and feeling resentment for even playing the game:(

It's like the opposite of a woohoo moment....poopoo:(

Despite the annoying gem trap issue discussed, I couldn't but LOL when I read your post :D
Thanks I needed the laugh :)

CharmOfLea
12-09-14, 03:51 PM
I was just laughing... I was prompted to install the Treasure Run in CS. I'm quite enjoying myself playing TR actually. Cute graphics, nice sound effects, etc. Aaaaand it just had to happen, right? I tapped into a gem trap. You can run, but you can't hide from those! ;) Evidently. lol

Laserlady
12-11-14, 07:18 PM
Aargh. Gem trap is the absolute worst part of Castle Story. I will never buy gems with real money until Team Lava adds a pop-up for "Are you sure you want to spend gems for this?" I've lost way too many gems to accidentally clicking on the speed up button for corn or wheat or other ridiculously fast growing items.

superjase
01-07-15, 01:30 PM
i am so over losing gems to accidental key presses. it is obvious storm8 knows about this problem. in the past month i have accidentally spent about 60 gems, spread over about ten accidental key presses.

playing a game should not be a wrestle with the UI. performing actions has to be done super slowly (annoying), or risk losing hard-gained gems. i live in constant fear of accidental spending! makes me want to quit an otherwise enjoyable game.

why is there no confirm dialog for premium spending? because storm8 want to rip us off.

EDIT: i will never buy gems until this is fixed.

DessertWolf
01-07-15, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear that. We'll let the development team know about your interest in this feature. Also, please contact support@teamlava.com regarding all Gem Exchange inquiries. Hope this helps!