PDA

View Full Version : Community Outreach Program

maguar
11-07-12, 02:52 PM
This morning I started a community outreach program. When I return visits from community players I check their unfinished buildings and whether they've expanded to Ivy. For anyone in this situation I tell them "expand to the tree lady. She will unlock the potion shop so you can make glue." I figure this will help stop a lot of low level players quitting in frustration (especially those that don't go on the forums).

Just letting you all know in case anyone else wants to start doing this as well.

pinkster73
11-07-12, 03:03 PM
This sounds pretty nice of you.

sweetstuff525
11-07-12, 03:05 PM
Thanks a lot .... I'm making my glue what spot do you recommend to expand to next .... When I'm ready?

maguar
11-07-12, 03:16 PM
Thanks a lot .... I'm making my glue what spot do you recommend to expand to next .... When I'm ready?

Either go for the cheapest spots to get more room or aim for the tablet or magic garden to get more quests.

benbever
11-07-12, 03:52 PM
The game does tell people to expand north, to the tree lady.
It does not say she has the glue, but it's the only thing left to do in the end.

maguar
11-08-12, 03:07 AM
The game does tell people to expand north, to the tree lady.
It does not say she has the glue, but it's the only thing left to do in the end.

You're right. But when people get frustrated it can sometimes be hard think that what seems to be an unrelated quest will get you what you want. I know in the early days I lost a lot of low level neighbors because they quit due to the potion shop.

The feedback I'm getting is that this has been helpful for people so I'm happy with it.

I've previously suggested they put it in the help section on the game. What they could also do is have a popup in the market telling people to expand to the tree lady.

freshpickins
11-08-12, 08:08 AM
I've been posting to folks that look really stuck, but I didn't want to be to intrusive on toes that I'm not really sure if they re actually stuck.

sgtmonkeynads
11-11-12, 12:15 AM
It told me to build the market place (needs glue) WAY BEFORE I was able to make glue. It jut seems the missions may be out of order a little, or I'm going to fast to keep up.