PDA

View Full Version : Can only send 3 different gifts per day?

y_so_trouble
11-06-12, 08:34 AM
Usually I send the same gift to all my nbr.
Today, I plan to sent different gift to each nbr, and leave a note on the wall, hoping to get different gifts from them.
So, I go to the nbr list, visit the 1st nbr, send ONE gift to THIS nbr, leave note.
Return to nbr list, visit the 2nd nbr, send ONE gift to THIS nbr, leave note.
Return to nbr list, visit the 3rd nbr, send ONE gift to THIS nbr, leave note.

Retrun to nbr list, and find out all other nbrs' "gift" icon were darken. Saying I have reached the daily limit of send gift.
@@
Only 3 different gift per day??!!:mad::mad:

OR THIS IS A BUG?

Can anyone tell me?

benbever
11-06-12, 08:51 AM
You can only send three gifts per day. Depending on what gift you want to send there are further limits. You can only send 1 Jewels. You can only send 2 Silver Ore or Fur.

See the strategy or FAQ sticky topic.

yupiyupigumgum
11-07-12, 09:17 AM
Can't give too much in castle story, can't 'talk' or write too much in Home design story, can't get too much in city story metro.

Rockinkitten
11-07-12, 09:32 AM
I understand the gems being limited but I wish we could send a gift to all our neighbours. Even if it was energy or some simple building material.

queentina3
11-07-12, 09:57 AM
Can't give too much in castle story, can't 'talk' or write too much in Home design story, can't get too much in city story metro.

LOL, nice pattern there eh?

I understand the gems being limited but I wish we could send a gift to all our neighbours. Even if it was energy or some simple building material.

I'd love to be able to gift all my neighbors glimmerdust!

homemaker101
11-07-12, 10:00 AM
I agree all neighbours should receive some type of gift everyday.

fraish
11-07-12, 10:09 AM
Just in the last 2 days castle story started messing up on gifts I can't send any gifts before that I could send gifts to all my neighbors then same gift then it just locked up by saying I already sent all my neighbors a gift for the day and darkening all the gift buttons

rene2222
11-07-12, 08:21 PM

i like your quote.....

sweetstuff525
11-07-12, 08:44 PM
So what's the best gift to give?

queentina3
11-07-12, 09:38 PM
So what's the best gift to give?

From what I'm seeing, Glimmer Dust is the best to give because you need so much of it and it is hard to come by now. So hard that there is a whole sticky thread dedicated to it. LOL

arale_norimaki
11-08-12, 02:50 AM
Oh my! Ididn't know!!!

maguar
11-08-12, 02:58 AM
From what I'm seeing, Glimmer Dust is the best to give because you need so much of it and it is hard to come by now. So hard that there is a whole sticky thread dedicated to it. LOL

Depends on where your neighbor is in the game. If they've finished ivy and the tablet but are expanding their kingdom earth wisps can be better. If they're doing particular quests they might need fur or jewels. If they're building a partticular building they could need glimmer dust, red petal or jewels.

Some people post what they want on their wall. Some people ask their neighbors before gifting. Some just choose 1 item and only gift that. It all comes done to finding a way that suits how you play.

Rockinkitten
11-08-12, 03:03 AM
I tend to give people the same they give me, where possible. Just because I assume people give what they would like to receive. I do realise that if we all did that, everyone would give and get the same...

lulupet08
11-08-12, 04:46 AM
I've only been able to send gifts to 3 neighbours as well, it might just be a glitch that needs sorting :-)

maguar
11-08-12, 04:55 AM
I've only been able to send gifts to 3 neighbours as well, it might just be a glitch that needs sorting :-)

It's not a glitch. It's how the game is designed. TL hasn't commented on whether this will be increased at any stage.

arale_norimaki
11-08-12, 04:55 AM

If I understood correctly it is not a glitch, that's hiw it is supposed to be :-(

goodsnyummies
11-08-12, 08:09 AM
3 is just tedious lol i understand them wanting to slow down the game, but it takes so many materials to build one thing it would be nice to be able to increase the gifting amout---although limiting the wisps(yes i know, painful to say!)
but for the crafting materials and stuff like gimmerdust/sap etc where so much is needed to make just one item and needing like 3+ of those items to make one building would be helpful

conniehsb
11-08-12, 10:43 AM
I noticed this a few days ago and thought something was wrong with the application. then I read of this site that it is not my application, but something someone has changed.

I think sending only three gifts to neighors is nuts. and takes a lot of the fun out. In all of the other team lava games having a lot of neighbors is a benefit. but in Castle Story, its not a big deal. In the occasional time when you can ask for neighbors to help, you only need so many items, and can get them in a relatively short period of time. (if you had 20 neighbors, it might take a couple of days.) Also, when you visit neighbors, my experience is that just the first 10 - 15 neighbors give you rewards of energy, after that it is not a big deal, and not really an incentive to visit a lot of neighbors.

I would like to be able to gift to more neighbors, and request neighbors assistance in more situations.

arale_norimaki
11-08-12, 02:33 PM
I noticed this a few days ago and thought something was wrong with the application. then I read of this site that it is not my application, but something someone has changed.

I think sending only three gifts to neighors is nuts. and takes a lot of the fun out. In all of the other team lava games having a lot of neighbors is a benefit. but in Castle Story, its not a big deal. In the occasional time when you can ask for neighbors to help, you only need so many items, and can get them in a relatively short period of time. (if you had 20 neighbors, it might take a couple of days.) Also, when you visit neighbors, my experience is that just the first 10 - 15 neighbors give you rewards of energy, after that it is not a big deal, and not really an incentive to visit a lot of neighbors.

I would like to be able to gift to more neighbors, and request neighbors assistance in more situations.

Completely agreed!

This game is much less social than other TL games. Even if I don't like TL's lack of customer orientation, I do like their games better than other editors' because TL's are really social.

Take Bakery Story, where half of the players are mad at everything that is done by TL on the game, and still we all go nuts with the today's update including a new appliance: posting on walls not to send gifts before the update is out, sending requests, mass gifting the new parts. None of this could happen in Castle Story due to the gift sending limits and the lack of "REQUEST" option.

This is a well thought game, better than many other created by TL, with interesting quests, but this absence of social interaction bothers me a lot and I am not sure I'll stick with it after my BS and RS goals are achieved.

savage_mel
11-10-12, 01:18 PM
I've heard of a limit on recieving gifts in other story games, but never a limit on sending (other than gems or gold). I was just notified I reached my limit for sending gifts for the day, but...what is the limit?

sweetstuff525
11-10-12, 01:20 PM
3 is the limit ... pathetic right

savage_mel
11-10-12, 01:25 PM
So pathetic!

Dreamer691
11-10-12, 04:25 PM
Is a mod able to please explain to us why there is the "send only 3 gifts per day" rule?

y_so_trouble
11-11-12, 02:16 AM
Thank you all for your replies, and your information.

jennraespu
11-16-12, 03:08 AM
There are a lot of "irritations" I have with this game I LOVE (gem traps, energy limit, glimmer dust demand), but the thing that bothers me the most is the imbalance between the gift send/receive limits.

I feel really guilty everyday when I receive 6-7 gifts & can only reciprocate 3. I would literally be willing to spend in-game coin to send gifts to those that send gifts to me. Or send from my own inventory. I just really want fairness ... Like any good kingdom ruler would want!

howdy2you
11-18-12, 09:01 AM
I'm starting to think that earth wisp is the best gift because it takes so long to produce and I get a lot of glimmer dust from red mushrooms. Does anyone know what is the best gift?

lindsay311976
11-20-12, 02:33 AM
I'm having problems sending gifts .im only able to send 1 or 2 gifts a day which is really sad as I'd like to gift all my neighbours .is anyone having the same problem ?

maguar
11-20-12, 02:59 AM
You can send a max of 3 per day. There is sublimity of 1 jewels, 2 fur, 2 silver ore

hoppyhoop
11-21-12, 02:18 AM
can't receive any, cant' send any. i don't think there are even two or one went out our came in. I begin to lose patience and interest

mystoryzoozoo
11-22-12, 07:39 AM
Having such a minimal send limit is a simply unfair. Players are unable to repay gifts received. Many may disagree with me but I would genuinely prefer only to receive 3 gifts. THen I could decline what I don't need (like sap when I'm maxed with it).

Alternately [] the gifting system and increase the gifting request method.

I wonder why a system would be designed which will create frustration towards players (not just at the game). Please explain that.

jaejaehyun
11-26-12, 02:09 PM
Howcome max gift is only 3?!
I guess it's not unfair and also not make sense either.
I have more than 370 neighbours and receive more than 10 gifts a day.
But I can give back only 3 of them so I feel so sorry for the others.
For that reason, I wrote 'dont leave any messages about gift' on my wall but there are few neighbours are still asking me whatever they'd need even though I cant send anything to them. It makes me feel always not good. I'd wanna be generous sending gifts.

What if you control not the Maximize sending gifts, Control maximize receiving gifts like Bakery Story and Restaurant Story?

jaejaehyun
11-26-12, 02:18 PM
Actually, English is not my mothertongue so I was afraid to write something in here. If there are uncorrect expression or something mistaken you may let me know the right expression please :-)

Dabag
11-26-12, 02:22 PM
that is a great idea jaejaehyun

Control maximun gifts you can accept is perfect

you are not alone, many of us feel bad not being able to gift back, but this would solve that.

arale_norimaki
11-26-12, 02:25 PM
I agree, I always feel horrible when I receive a gift from someone I didn't send anything to.
I send a gift to another two players who send me daily gifts aswell and I prefer nobody else sends me anything, how could I repay them all?? This makes me feel really sad, honestly!

nokkha
11-26-12, 07:39 PM
At least we should be able to send 20 gifts per day the same as we can accept 20 gifts a day.... I'm going down the list of my nbr only 3 a day is do sad... >___<''

fraish
11-26-12, 07:46 PM
I agree with not being able to send air my people a gift I don't always have time to tip everyone as I play many games and have lots of neighbors, but I always gift so I would like to gift in castle story

Dabag
11-26-12, 09:39 PM
would it be possible to merge this thread with the suggestion thread

i noticed a few posts in there about the gifting as well, & this this is too good an idea to disappear

thank you

tigeress2474
12-04-12, 04:58 AM
I am so backed up on gifting. 3 a day is not right. I understand (in a way) only being able to send 3 gold in DS and MS but here? Please up the limit.

sweetthing1
12-04-12, 04:00 PM
I'm starting to think that earth wisp is the best gift because it takes so long to produce and I get a lot of glimmer dust from red mushrooms. Does anyone know what is the best gift?

I agree...it takes materials and loads of time so earth wisp is definitely for me the best deal for now:)

leaable
12-04-12, 07:27 PM
The gifting,tipping and energy systems really need to be valuated because as it stands now this game is becoming more of a chore.. Typical of TL though all they want is for us to buy gems.. I won't last much longer if things don't change soon.

mulan12
12-11-12, 05:13 PM
I agree, the gifting limit is way to low. I feel bad, too, not being able to gift back my friends. There are a lot of frustrating things In this game. The energy limit is too low or the amount of demands are too high. There are too many goals to be reached for the amount of energy we get. I have a list of about 6 right now, and that
does not including wanting to expand to finish a goal or get more room for adding things. I'd also like to see a increase in the amount of workshops you can have. You should also have the ability to ask friends for an item you need, like in Design Story, and not have it included in the item limit for the day; or limit gifts received to maybe 20.

Vllygirl
12-12-12, 08:32 AM
Please increase the gifts per day, or allow gift requests when building.

pammiec
12-13-12, 07:09 PM
I am not even receiving three gifts a days let alone giving 3 gifts... I have more neighbors in Home Design and can gift every single one of them if I do it early enough in the day except for gems. It seems that being able to gift neighbors is really nice or being able to ask for glimmerdust as it seems to be a major part of almost everything you make in the upper levels. This just feels wrong.

kimmie07
12-18-12, 09:31 PM
Let us give more gifts please

bunny2889
02-08-13, 04:54 PM
More gifts to send please!!!!

blurbie
02-09-13, 03:37 AM
Having a bunch of neighbors is really good in one respect. If I need just 2 energies to finish a task, I go visiting til I get it or til the time goes by.

Neighbors give coins, energies (max 10 per day) or experience points. I leveled up fast til I hit the ceiling.

You can only gift 3 neighbors daily, true, but you can receive more than that daily.

If you aren't getting gifts, send them to 3 active neighbors. Different neighbors daily. Soon they will regift. If you gift to busy, active, high-level neighbors they will need weeks to regift. If you gift busy new players, you can forge a gifting and visiting friendship.

Neighbors who visit you are helping. You collect way more coins than you otherwise would have.

mykindofking
02-11-13, 07:38 PM
Is there a limit in the number of Gifts we can receive daily as well? A neighbor mentioned sending a gift but it did not show up, so I'm wondering.

maguar
02-12-13, 02:23 AM
We can get 20 gifts a day. If you had been sent 20 your neighbour wouldn't have been able to send you one. Are you playing the valentine version?

islandvivi
02-14-13, 06:40 AM
But this is ridiculous. I have 40 neighbours and I can't send half of them anything.

bbarra
02-14-13, 11:27 AM
We can get 20 gifts a day. If you had been sent 20 your neighbour wouldn't have been able to send you one. Are you playing the valentine version?
Yes, Valentine. I'm not concerned about the receiving part just the sending. I don't know why we can only send 3 each day. So if I'm getting more a day than what I return it looks like I'm not gifting back. On some walls it says " thx for gift... Just sent you xxxx back". Kinda like how I don't accept until I can give back so if its in my cue and not accepted I know that I still need to compensate that person

1UniqueBoutique
02-16-13, 09:33 AM
Please, please, please max the gifts received not the gifts sent! I'd like to send gifts to all my nbr's ����

gourmet55
02-16-13, 11:00 AM
Week at least you can send gifts, I can't for some reason the blocked that says gifts has been darken for two days now and not sure why, it is not resetting so what should I do? Do I need to contact TL to reset it for me or what, I don't want to lose my NBR'S they do try and send me things and I send something back however I like to send things to everyone and maybe they will see to send something back, also this might too in the other games I know how to send a request so how am doing it in this game not too sure? Any help thx!

maguar
02-16-13, 03:04 PM
When it doesn't reset just force close and restart your game. Works every time for me.

gourmet55
02-16-13, 07:35 PM
Not too sure how to do this am on a IPad any thoughts?

maguar
02-16-13, 08:18 PM
Double click on the home button to bring up the items at the bottom of your screen. Press and hold the castle story icon till you see the minus icon. Click on the icon to fully close the game. Then click on the home button again. Then you need to open the game.

justk9188
03-02-13, 08:02 AM
I don't know what to do.
Even though i told some of neighbors to stop gifting me,
But they didn't, and it puts me in an awkward situation.
Anyone went throught this problem ?

maj1977
03-02-13, 08:07 AM
Why don't you just rotate who you gift back. I don't most people are a stickler for it. I just gift the last three people that gifted me each day. Isn't always the same people and it seems to be working out just fine. No complaints. :)

justk9188
03-02-13, 09:03 AM
I'm not a good person, but at least i want to be fair.
Gift back who gifted me is what i want.
Problem is, my neighbors are good ones, they gift back when i gift them,
Doesn't matter how long since they gifted me previously.
And it makes a closed circle.

preshusplace
03-18-13, 01:40 AM
I am extremely frustrated with the gift giving. 3 per day is absolutely ridiculous! I have over 100 neighborhoods and have been working daily to increase this number. Now I find out that I can only send 3 gifts per day and can't get more than maybe 15 energy points when I spend so much time visiting them. My interest in this game is waning quickly because it seems so unfair and tedious. I hope the limit is increased soon. TL - please pay attention and change this. There may be only a few of us that voice our opinions, but I can assure you the majority of your players would agree if asked.

SweetySama
03-18-13, 04:46 AM
Gifting only 3 times per day is a bit lame. I remember when I played bakery story or restaurant story, I could gift nearly all. It's now a long time I hadn't played that games, but I can't imagin Thai changed it there?

SpuriousNotion
04-05-13, 09:32 PM
I'd even be happy with a small increase instead of unlimited, like six gifts. I'd even be willing to purchase that right with gold and might even consider sacrificing some of my precious gems! 100,000 gold to permanently add another gift to my limit for the day. I've never asked for a gift, ever, but some neighbors constantly respond to my gift with another gift and soon it becomes a trap that's difficult to escape because I would like to gift someone else! I need more daily gifts, please!

BroyeurOs
04-06-13, 11:43 PM
Because of the gifting situation I can only send back the gift that was sent to me ( just 3 people) .. I did send a gift and a neighbor asked if I could send a certain gift when I tried I wasn't able to.. When I visited the gift mark seemed to b disabled.

BroyeurOs
04-06-13, 11:44 PM
Typo didn't send a gift for a day

wendybil
04-07-13, 12:18 AM
I'm unable to gift anyone at least for the last 2days. I can visit kingdoms and still do not get the gift icon. The icon doesn't show when i visit kingdoms and when i just want to gift the gift button is I highlighted. Any suggestions? Pls.

maguar
04-07-13, 04:28 AM
I'm unable to gift anyone at least for the last 2days. I can visit kingdoms and still do not get the gift icon. The icon doesn't show when i visit kingdoms and when i just want to gift the gift button is I highlighted. Any suggestions? Pls.

Force close your game then restart it. This works for me.

cookietyler
04-07-13, 07:27 AM
I agree.. If the max gifts and requests that you can receive per day in RS and BS is 20, why can't it be increased as well in Castle story? I feel bad that I'm unable to gift all of my neighbors because of the imposed limit. I try to alternate who I gift daily to try to spread it out amongst my neighbors, but, that becomes very tedious.

Please increase the limit ��! Thank you

theshellybean
04-07-13, 07:31 PM
I'm becoming frustrated with my neighbors. I've written on both my and their walls as to what gifts I'd like to receive and asking their preference of gifts they'd like to receive. I follow through, sending items they've either requested through goals or visiting them directly and gifting specific items. Only thing is no one is sending gifts my way and when I do receive the random gift its always something I'm maxed out on and have to ignore/refuse. SO frustrating. Perhaps I need new neighbors?

wendybil
04-08-13, 02:10 AM
Thankyou. That worked.

maguar
04-08-13, 03:46 AM
I'm becoming frustrated with my neighbors. I've written on both my and their walls as to what gifts I'd like to receive and asking their preference of gifts they'd like to receive. I follow through, sending items they've either requested through goals or visiting them directly and gifting specific items. Only thing is no one is sending gifts my way and when I do receive the random gift its always something I'm maxed out on and have to ignore/refuse. SO frustrating. Perhaps I need new neighbors?

If you were maxed on the item they wouldn't be able to gift it to you. You may have maxed after they sent them. If you accept the item it will take you over your max which is cool. Some people send what they want, some people send the main useful items, some try to send a particular one but have to send something else as you're maxed, some people only send what's requested etc

If you're after a particular type of gifting neighbour you could try looking in the add me thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Castle-Story-Add-Me) to see if there's anyone like that. If not you could start a thread there.

sarreiwei
05-13-13, 06:51 AM
So, my issue with the neighbor gifting thing is that limiting severely decreases the value of having numerous neighbors. The only value now to having a lot of neighbors is when you need to request items from neighbors. Once you reach a certain point in the game there aren't very many of those. The social rating is more to get neighbors so there isn't as much value there either after you have a large number of neighbors.
I'm all for helping other people, which is why I keep all the neighbors I have and help them when I can. But, again, with the gift limiting there isn't a whole lot I can do for them.
For any wanting neighbors for glimmer dust, keep two to three patches of mushrooms or mushroom circles. Just visit them two or three times a day during your collection rounds, even when you do not need glimmer dust, and you will quickly gain a stockpile of dust for when you need it.

lotuskat
05-14-13, 07:56 AM
So, my issue with the neighbor gifting thing is that limiting severely decreases the value of having numerous neighbors. The only value now to having a lot of neighbors is when you need to request items from neighbors. Once you reach a certain point in the game there aren't very many of those. The social rating is more to get neighbors so there isn't as much value there either after you have a large number of neighbors.
I'm all for helping other people, which is why I keep all the neighbors I have and help them when I can. But, again, with the gift limiting there isn't a whole lot I can do for them.
For any wanting neighbors for glimmer dust, keep two to three patches of mushrooms or mushroom circles. Just visit them two or three times a day during your collection rounds, even when you do not need glimmer dust, and you will quickly gain a stockpile of dust for when you need it.

I have about 40-45 neighbors, and I feel the same way about the diminishing value of having lots of neighbors at Lvl 30 and with 20 neighbors unless you can send/receive more gifts (you can still cap it at 20 like in RS since not all neighbors will be able to respond each day before reaching their limits). Even when requesting items for a goal, you're capped at 20 so there's not much incentive in having more than that if you have very active neighbors. I suppose earlier in the game, it helps to have lots of neighbors to visit since you might get XP, but that stops being useful when you've maxed out at Lvl 30. The 5 coins you might get instead of XP is way too low for me to bother adding new neighbors except to replace those that have stopped playing.

Gardienn
05-14-13, 10:15 AM
I'd like to see the number of gifts you can send match the number of gifts you can give. Otherwise, I can never return a gift for a gift. I'm always behind.

bbarra
05-19-13, 10:09 AM
Agree the gifting limit needs to be increased even if only by 2...come on TL...stop being stingy. Look at the posts and see just how many of your loyal players are so frustrated by this issue. And what else is so frustrating is when you gift someone back they should drop off your list so we don't have to keep track of who and when we gifted someone. I have the same person in my gift list 4 times and I know for sure I've returned his gift twice but he still keeps showing up every day when I log in. And why oh why does it have limits on fur, silver, etc. Why should TL care what we gift back...we're not taking anything away from them.

deadeye204
05-19-13, 01:30 PM
More neighbor trades would be very helpful especially with the castle adventures and trade routes. Have 5-6 trades a day instead of 3 would be most helpful!

catcrack
05-20-13, 09:30 AM
I would throw out the following:

Change to after the 3 normal gifts, have further gifts come from you inventory. This will let you reduce inventory items you are overstocked on and at the same time cost the sender something.

(=^ェ^=)

jackansi
05-27-13, 07:02 AM
If I can only send 3 gifts a day, they should be anything I want, short of a building or a crafted item (wisp ok, lantern not; wood ok, fancy beam not; apple ok, apple pie not; etc)

TeresaCochrane
05-27-13, 04:22 PM
I really think its unfair that we can only gift 3 neighbours!!
I have nearly 40 and they are nearly all asking for items!!!!
It's hard to pick and choose 3 they all play and deserve a gift!!!
Who do I give to and who has to go without... It's no on really and it's spoiling the game I love as want to help all neighbours :-(((

sjs0514
05-27-13, 04:46 PM
I really think its unfair that we can only gift 3 neighbours!!
I have nearly 40 and they are nearly all asking for items!!!!
It's hard to pick and choose 3 they all play and deserve a gift!!!
Who do I give to and who has to go without... It's no on really and it's spoiling the game I love as want to help all neighbours :-(((

I agree we should be able to send more gifts. I also think we should all have our birthdays (not the year!) posted in our profiles and be guaranteed a gift on that day.

Lilipipi
05-27-13, 06:09 PM
I would throw out the following:

Change to after the 3 normal gifts, have further gifts come from you inventory. This will let you reduce inventory items you are overstocked on and at the same time cost the sender something.

(=^ェ^=)

That's a good idea. While at it throw mermaid scale to the list. Everyone's short on it though.

TeresaCochrane
05-28-13, 03:26 AM
I opened another thread regarding only being able to send just 3 gifts.... It was almost immediately closed !
What's the game without being able to send gifts.... Mat as well only have 3 neighbours. Seems silly and spoils the game.

TeresaCochrane
05-28-13, 03:28 AM
Oh it was put on here. Apologies. It's a good game but that ��

queenofpolharcity
07-19-13, 06:19 PM
I so agree with everyone that posted here--we need to be able to gift more during each day. I've suggested several times that we be able to gift excess items in our inventory, as well. I currently have maxed out almost all crops, all mined products, even wisp lanterns!

But my biggest problem here is that, even though all of have asked for this, and we have stated very good reasons for having the ability to share, TeamLava hasn't responded to us! I read through this whole thread, and, unless I missed it somewhere, we never got an answer or explanation from anyone at TeamLava!!

Does this bother anyone else?

jimboser
07-19-13, 07:54 PM
I set up a second account on another device just so that I could send myself an extra gift everyday. I have to pick and choose which of the neighbors that have gifted me I'm going to gift back every AM when I get up. I hate not being able to gift back to someone that has gifted me in a timely manner.

Regarding the surplus items, I still think the Marketplace idea I mentioned a while back would be very well received. The thread I posted in, I can't find anymore, but basically it would be an upgrade to the Marketplace building we already have, players could buy or sell items for gold coins, and supply & demand would cause prices to rise and fall depending on what's going on in the market. Entering the market place you could select Buy or Sell, then get a list of all items available, and their prices. Players could choose to buy or sell 10, 20, or maybe 50 at a time.

Likely a counter would need to be added to allow the market to complete the transaction, hopefully no more than 3-4 hours for the longest trades.

It's a natural extension to the game, there are already 'trade routes', and the Trials & Tribulations goal even refers to 'buying and selling' when the game actually just does 'trades', so this would tie that all together very well, and eliminate many of the complaints about rare drops for this, and too many for that from different players.

ghjvcucjb
07-19-13, 08:10 PM
I set up a second account on another device just so that I could send myself an extra gift everyday. I have to pick and choose which of the neighbors that have gifted me I'm going to gift back every AM when I get up. I hate not being able to gift back to someone that has gifted me in a timely manner.

Regarding the surplus items, I still think the Marketplace idea I mentioned a while back would be very well received. The thread I posted in, I can't find anymore, but basically it would be an upgrade to the Marketplace building we already have, players could buy or sell items for gold coins, and supply & demand would cause prices to rise and fall depending on what's going on in the market. Entering the market place you could select Buy or Sell, then get a list of all items available, and their prices. Players could choose to buy or sell 10, 20, or maybe 50 at a time.

Likely a counter would need to be added to allow the market to complete the transaction, hopefully no more than 3-4 hours for the longest trades.

It's a natural extension to the game, there are already 'trade routes', and the Trials & Tribulations goal even refers to 'buying and selling' when the game actually just does 'trades', so this would tie that all together very well, and eliminate many of the complaints about rare drops for this, and too many for that from different players.

I think you are talking about the old poll & suggestion thread that got moved to no mans land. If you go to the top of this page, select Castle story then suggestions and feedback, then you'll see the old Poll & suggestion thread. I posted that the thread should get moved back here to the main threads.

Ram2111
08-31-13, 10:24 AM
I want to send as a gift mermaid scales to a neighbor, but is not available.
Are gifts limited?

Thanks

maguar
08-31-13, 11:51 PM
Gifts are limited in two main ways.

1) You can only send 3 in a day
2) You can only send from the list of available gifts

Unfortunately mermaid scales are not in the list of available gifts (eg silver, fur, wisps, jewels, Glimmerdust etc)

DrP4ever
09-01-13, 01:02 AM
Tell your neighbor if they need them to purchase wells and ponds and fish them frequently.

Ram2111
09-01-13, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the answers!! 😊

jtm101
09-01-13, 06:03 AM
Wouldnt it be great if the gifts available would change every now and then. Maybe monthly, or with the updates.

I too would like to get some mermaid scales, and send those valentine gifts to the back of the list.

Gardienn
09-01-13, 07:52 PM
Lately I've been able to send four gifts a day. Did they up the limit?

jimboser
09-02-13, 07:05 AM
Lately I've been able to send four gifts a day. Did they up the limit?

They must like you, I can still only gift 3. :(

meme1098
09-02-13, 08:08 PM
I have one nbr that I cannot send a wisp to at all. It's not because I already sent 3 or because she reached her limit because I can gift anything else like sap for instance. Just can't gift her an earth wisp. I continue to try every day but won't let me gift her that one item so I send sap instead. It's really crazy since the other 2 nbrs I gift I can send wisps to.

hawaiifrycat
09-02-13, 08:53 PM
Wouldnt it be great if the gifts available would change every now and then. Maybe monthly, or with the updates.

I too would like to get some mermaid scales, and send those valentine gifts to the back of the list.

Great idea!

bowlfullofcherries
09-02-13, 11:43 PM
meme, she's maxed on wisps. That doesn't mean you can't send her other things- just no more wisps 'til she uses some of what she's got!

meme1098
09-04-13, 02:11 PM
meme, she's maxed on wisps. That doesn't mean you can't send her other things- just no more wisps 'til she uses some of what she's got!

Ah....that never dawned on me (hand slapping forehead). Thanks bowlfullofcherries.

skylermv
09-04-13, 03:17 PM
Double click on the home button to bring up the items at the bottom of your screen. Press and hold the castle story icon till you see the minus icon. Click on the icon to fully close the game. Then click on the home button again. Then you need to open the game.

tried this but the game icon does not show up at the bottom with all the others....seems whatever game is open at the time won't show up for me.

greygull
09-04-13, 03:36 PM
tried this but the game icon does not show up at the bottom with all the others....seems whatever game is open at the time won't show up for me.

You may have several open. How many are you seeing? Only 6 are displayed (on my iPad at least), and if I have more then that open, I have to scroll over to the right.

meme1098
09-04-13, 08:44 PM

Make sure you are out of any apps at the time or they won't show up at the bottom. In other words, Make sure you're on the home screen showing all the apps. Then double tap the home button to view the open apps.

bowlfullofcherries
09-05-13, 02:10 AM
Ah....that never dawned on me (hand slapping forehead). Thanks bowlfullofcherries.

Actually, I think I learned that from maguar. A lot of info floating around the forums is regurgitated. :P

ladyslippers1234
12-04-13, 07:40 AM
Gift giving is far too limited. I want to send a daily gift to all of my good neighbors. This is my second time with Castle Story. I love the story line... goals can be a bit too challenging, but overall are good. First time playing, I never had enough earth wisps. On my current game, I'm mostly short on water. There's never enough energy. *sigh* I HATE HATE HATE Bubble Mania... Goals are stressful, laborious, and not.fun.

Perry9877
03-26-14, 02:58 PM
Has anyone ever gotten a reason for the differences between the gift giving policies in TeamLava games? I would not expect for the gift giving rules to be the same for TeamLava games as it is for say, [other] games so please give me something I CAN understand. I have been wondering for at least 2 years.

MiniLaura
03-26-14, 03:11 PM
Has anyone ever gotten a reason for the differences between the gift giving policies in TeamLava games?

No. At least I've never heard one. It's probably as simple as the games are developed by independent teams and each team sets the gifting rules.

Originally, only the games that had gems/gold as gifts had a limit of giving three per day. That made sense, because TL couldn't have people getting lots of gems/gold every day. But later, Castle and Farm 2 had the 3-gift limit as well.

Perry9877
03-27-14, 01:59 AM
I guess I got spoiled by playing BS, RS, FS and gifting everyone. I played Pet Hotel Story for a bit and had posted on my wall that I would neither gift or accept gems.

Negative backlash? You bet, but I kept that policy whilst playing that game.

Traded gold with my daughter in DS and MS, but neither of us play them any longer. Monster Story got cancelled just after I got my first Shell creature. LOL

yalumba1
06-20-14, 04:40 PM
It would be great if we could have one gift of our choice per day to send to a neighbour in need. eg if someone needed a golden apple or something special. was discussing with a neighbour that it would be fantastic if say once a week we could trade with our actual neighbours for something both of us wanted.

doobievilla
06-20-14, 04:45 PM
It would be great if we could have one gift of our choice per day to send to a neighbour in need. eg if someone needed a golden apple or something special. was discussing with a neighbour that it would be fantastic if say once a week we could trade with our actual neighbours for something both of us wanted.
If that happens your Royal Pig/s will start flying all around your Kingdom.

roguebee
06-20-14, 07:25 PM
Really? There is a local bank that features flying pigs...

vizbiz11
06-20-14, 07:58 PM
Glimmer dust is usually the one gift I don't need! LOL. I have 6 troves on the board and one in storage, so it's easy for me to rebuild my stock. Earth Wisps are my gift of choice. It's a one-size-fits-all item that is universally needed, IMHO. What I wish was giftable? COAL! After using a bunch in a couple quests, I can't seem to rebuild my stores. :D

Queenzod
06-20-14, 08:06 PM
Glimmer dust is usually the one gift I don't need! LOL. I have 6 troves on the board and one in storage, so it's easy for me to rebuild my stock. Earth Wisps are my gift of choice. It's a one-size-fits-all item that is universally needed, IMHO. What I wish was giftable? COAL! After using a bunch in a couple quests, I can't seem to rebuild my stores. :D

Now is a good time to send wisps! I usually never do, cos I'm always full on them and lanterns, and most of my neighbors are level 45+, so I assume they're full too. :)

calipitter
06-22-14, 02:16 PM
Has anyone else had this problem lately?......I can't seem to send certain gifts to neighbors. If I try to send ore, I get the too many sent or received message but then it lets me send wisps. Same thing with glimmer dust, I get the " too many sent or received" error but then it lets me send the same neighbor a wisp! What is going on?

CottageRose
06-22-14, 02:40 PM
Has anyone else had this problem lately?......I can't seem to send certain gifts to neighbors. If I try to send ore, I get the too many sent or received message but then it lets me send wisps. Same thing with glimmer dust, I get the " too many sent or received" error but then it lets me send the same neighbor a wisp! What is going on?
I get this often, as most of my gifting partners are high level and maxed or near maxed on many things. I suspect they would say the same about me. I myself struggle to keep some resources giftable, such as using ore to make silver, silver to make mithral and mithral to make adamant, in an effort to use them up and keep some things below max.

If they are maxed on silver, I will try jewels or ore, to send them something they can receive. :)

passinthru8
07-09-14, 05:09 PM
I get this often, as most of my gifting partners are high level and maxed or near maxed on many things. I suspect they would say the same about me. I myself struggle to keep some resources giftable, such as using ore to make silver, silver to make mithral and mithral to make adamant, in an effort to use them up and keep some things below max.

If they are maxed on silver, I will try jewels or ore, to send them something they can receive. :)

There must be a limit on how much Ore you cand send/receive. I stinks that a message comes up that your gifts are maxed so people will just send to another Neighbor!!! It should say "This person can't have any Silver Ore, please choose a different gift for them". Or even better, say this person has already received 10 this week or whatever the limit is, so that everyone is clear about what the limit is. It really burns me to get a message that someone tried to gift me but I was full! I have never received 20 gifts in a day. Also, if people think I am getting that many gifts, that I certainly don't need them to send me gifts. It is very misleading!

starbows
07-10-14, 07:52 AM
There must be a limit on how much Ore you cand send/receive. I stinks that a message comes up that your gifts are maxed so people will just send to another Neighbor!!! It should say "This person can't have any Silver Ore, please choose a different gift for them". Or even better, say this person has already received 10 this week or whatever the limit is, so that everyone is clear about what the limit is. It really burns me to get a message that someone tried to gift me but I was full! I have never received 20 gifts in a day. Also, if people think I am getting that many gifts, that I certainly don't need them to send me gifts. It is very misleading!

There is a limit on how many pieces of every item you can have in storage (mostly 99). Lets say, you are maxed out on jewels and somebody wants to gift you jewels - this neighbor will receive a message that he cannot gift you. (So he should try to send you another item, but I agree with you that TL did not make this message userfriendly).

You can only send 3 gifts per day, but I do not think there is a limit on how many gifts you can receive. But it is hard to check since mostly I send gifts to the same three neighbours every day and they gift me back. Maybe somebody can give us this information? The FAQs in the game do not help very much.

starbows
07-10-14, 08:19 AM
You can also send the same gift to three different neighbours.

PurpleScorpion76
07-10-14, 08:53 AM
How many gifts can you receive a day?

kooky panda
07-10-14, 10:12 AM
How many gifts can you receive a day?

mreames
07-10-14, 12:01 PM

I found that when I had 80 wisps, people could not send a wisp as a gift. I don't know about the other gifts.

meme1098
07-10-14, 12:08 PM
When I get the message I can't send a gift to a neighbor, I just try a different gift. Usually works. It just means they are at a limit on that gift.

maguar
07-10-14, 02:10 PM
I found that when I had 80 wisps, people could not send a wisp as a gift. I don't know about the other gifts.

I know that was back when we could only send 1 jewels, 2 silver/fur. I think it got changed awhile ago - I remebrance testing and was able to send to an account that had 90 wisps.

rjf1016
07-13-14, 06:40 AM
I think it's time for some new gifting options. Perhaps piles of seeds or fertilizer or glimmer fragments... Any of those items that are in high demand right now would be helpful!

PurpleScorpion76
07-13-14, 10:18 AM
Some new options would be good!