PDA

View Full Version : Release date for Android?

galactus69
11-05-12, 03:22 AM
Edit(KP) 10-24-14

Castle Story is available on Android now, but it's still on limited release. If you do not see it in your Google Play store, it's because it's not available in your country yet. Thanks!

As above, will this be released for Android, if so what kind of timeframe?

(even a super rough GUESS is fine, like 1-3 months)

Only monster and dragon story are holding my interest, once I had the empire state building, City story got ditched...

galactus69
11-07-12, 04:15 AM
No response?

I would usually go on a rant about this being why I stopped spending money on TL games blah blah.
Since they don't seem to listen (although White dragon feeding in Dragon story went from stupid (9x) to ridiculous (5x), so they listen but don't do things people actually want..) I won't really bother.

All I ask is a simply yes or no, and what kind of timeframe.

queentina3
11-07-12, 05:32 AM
The standard response is all you'll receive as:

At this time we can't speculate its release for Android.

Is the response that is given 100% of the time any new game is released to one platform over another. The same goes when a game finally makes it to Android but Kindle also didn't get a release for it at the same time.

galactus69
11-11-12, 01:09 AM
I am not asking for anyone to speculate, far from it.

Is this to be released for Android? Yes/no

If someone is working on it, Answer = yes.
If no-one is working on it, Answer = no.

Not asking when/where, I have given up asking those kinds of questions (at the same time I stopped paying consistently...)

Just "Will it be released, even if that is 15 years from now?"

Pretty straightforward question.

In exchange for that answer, I will stop playing the other "story" games, just to get gold in Dragon/Monster story.
(they should care because I invite neighbours, use their bandwidth, get the gold, then leave a rating and delete. Ie waste their resources and often leave a poor rating)

MHz_
11-11-12, 12:45 PM
It's just a matter of prioritization. We recently released Bubble Mania to android, so who knows what will be next for us? :) Though honestly.. even I don't know yet what will be out next on android. When I hear about Castle coming to android, I'll do my best to let you guys know.

galactus69
12-08-12, 07:35 PM
Fair call on directing me to my own thread. Not sure how to look for it easily..

Dragon story New dawn was next. I do find it hard to believe that no-one knows what they are working on?

Eh.

My care factor and payment for the games is at an all time low, which is disappointing, as Team Lava has some excellent games

maguar
12-08-12, 10:19 PM
Fair call on directing me to my own thread. Not sure how to look for it easily..

Go into your profile. On the left hand side you'll see a small list. One option is all the threads you've started. The other is all the posts you done. Clicking on either of these will return a list of your threads or posts.

galactus69
12-14-12, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up.. still no castle story news for Android? ;-P

TessasParadise
12-16-12, 03:36 AM
Also hope this one will be released I for android soon!

FridayFreckled
12-16-12, 09:53 AM
Me too! I'm pretty sure Santa is bringing me an Android tablet this year. So I'd love to be able to move as many as I can from my slow and tiny iPhone 3g to the new tablet. Sadly, my two favorites are Dragon Story and Castle Story, both of which are not Android-friendly right now. :(

galactus69
12-23-12, 06:50 PM
I know what Santa is NOT bringing!

galactus69
12-28-12, 04:02 PM
Updates?
Guesses?

Or just the usual "Wait until I see the thread that android has it?"

shaick_md
01-02-13, 12:44 PM
me too waiting for this one.

galactus69
01-03-13, 06:58 AM
How will I know if/when it comes out?

Will TL make a popup for it?
(This question is also relevant for if/when the original Dragon story gets updated..)

galactus69
01-14-13, 01:20 AM
Still waiting for some idea...

Anyone?

Is it even being thought about??

galactus69
01-21-13, 04:42 AM
Still checking in on how we would be advised if an update came out?

shaick_md
01-21-13, 11:44 AM
I see from other thread that they are redirecting to this thread for similar question. So I hope guess some one updates this page when it available.

PikaSquirrel
01-22-13, 02:26 PM
We can't speculate if/when Castle Story will be available for Android. Thanks so much for your patience and interest, we will pass this along to our development team for discussion!

galactus69
02-09-13, 07:12 PM
Let me try something else.

Are you currently working on it?
Yes or no is fine, I won't ask when it will be released if you say yes.

Chip1035
02-10-13, 01:47 PM
We can't speculate if/when Castle Story will be available for Android. Thanks so much for your patience and interest, we will pass this along to our development team for discussion!
Can you be so much more vague? If you can tell us if you are or are not developing Castle Story for Android, it would stop a lot of these conversions from cropping up. Fact that you, Teamlava, are hanging up by a string is really aggravating for us fans who have the Android OS. And spare us with "we'll pass this along". Yes or no will work.

cherryberry9
02-22-13, 10:03 PM

What's with the speculate. You know that half the customers here are Android and we are here too.

mitch1020
03-23-13, 02:09 PM
I've been playing Castle Story on my iPhone but just recently switched to Android. When Castle Story does come to Android, will I be able to pick up my game where I left it?

bettyboop9112000
04-01-13, 11:44 AM
will there ever be a version released for androids?

i love playing team lava's "story" games. However it seems like y'all favor IOS and us poor android users are left in the dust. i hope there will be a version for us in the near future.

looking to the future.

masnaed
04-17-13, 02:27 AM
I've been playing Castle Story on my iPhone but just recently switched to Android. When Castle Story does come to Android, will I be able to pick up my game where I left it?
Me too!! It better be soon its my favourite one!

cxi2010
05-05-13, 09:50 PM
I currently have 2 iDevices and getting fed up with IOS, just waiting for Castle Story to be released on Android to make a switch and dump my iphone and ipad on ****

shaick_md
05-06-13, 10:21 PM
Its 8+ months post release of the game in iPhone/iPad. Please share possible release date in Android. Really missing it.

Hyowonstyle
05-15-13, 04:21 AM
Castle Story is such a beautiful and well done game of all your TL games in my honest opinion. I understand that you guys most likely have your work force spread thin across all games to keep them updated and/or slowly port them over to Android and other platforms.

IOS is no longer the reigning king of the app market, nor will I say Android is about to take the title away but nevertheless it does represent a huge demographic today. If you guys at TL are choosing not to port over Castle Story anytime soon or if ever (hopefully this is not the case), you're denying yourselves all those potential customers and revenue.

I think we're all just asking for a simple confirmation if Castle Story will ever be a part of these ports or not. Thanks for your consideration.

muttonball
05-20-13, 11:06 PM
I just moved from iPhone to Galaxy, and already I am missing my Castle Story....Hope this will release on Android soon! Like everyone else, hope I can continue from where I left.......

vchanhs
05-21-13, 02:50 AM
You can still play on the old iphone as long as you have wifi. I too wish for CS to be ported to Android but I think it is unlikely. Even if it does, i don't think I can transfer my progress to Android. Most likely will need to start from fresh. Nevertheless, I still keeping my fingers cross hoping TL will do so one fine day even if I have to start from level 1.

seascape9
05-25-13, 06:33 PM
I too long for the days of castle story on android! It is my absolute favorite game. I NEED it for android!!!

homebakedisbest
05-26-13, 09:27 AM

Yes, I want to know if I can also resume where I left off from CS as well? I'm on level 25 or 26, and don't want to start over ;(
Can someone from Team Lava please let us know when CS will be available on Androids?

Thanks.

homebakedisbest
05-26-13, 09:34 AM

Any update whether CS will be coming soon to Androids? I want to be able to continue playing where I left off too as I'm already on level 25 or 26!!
Can someone from Team Lava let us know when they are working on getting CS out to Androids???

Thanks!

masnaed
05-31-13, 04:54 AM
SIGH!!!!!! Still nothing? I spent so much money on that game :(

TinksThots
06-29-13, 09:19 AM
I know this stuff is expensive and difficult compared to the days of turning the tv to channel 3 and shoving a cartridge into a console, but is the Official Response really still "Dunno!" ... ? :(

NikitaViolet
06-29-13, 07:40 PM
I would definitely start a new kingdom if Castle Story came out on my android reading device. I'd probably even buy gems to hurry things along...<nudge nudge, wink wink>...

dorothyz
07-11-13, 06:30 PM
I'm also waiting for Castle Story on Andriod too please !!! And also lipstick counter in Fashion Story should be also active on android > <
Or we should be able to play this 2 games on ipod/ipad and the other games on andriod. If not all games can be played on andriod, you should have option for us to play on 2 devices. Please consider this. Thanks !

MinervaBC
07-25-13, 08:34 AM
I play castle story on my ipad. I just got a Samsung note 2 to replace my iphone and ipad so that I would have both phone and tablet in one. Was going to sell my ipad until I tried to download castle story on my phone and realized that it is not available on android. I have come so far in this game to just let it go. Any clue when or if at all will castle story be available on android? I am so ready to get rid of the bulky ipad but also want my castle story.

ButterPanda
07-25-13, 10:07 AM
We can't speculate if or when this game might be available for Android. Just keep checking back for announcements in the forums, TL blog, on Facebook, or Twitter.

Oliver118
07-25-13, 11:53 PM
I don't think it will ever be available on Android-and even if it is, you'd probably still be better off on your iPad, judging by how Dragon story works.

dirtybeautiful
09-25-13, 12:45 AM
Any news on the release (if any) for android??? I am sooooo missing this game!

nmishii
09-25-13, 03:21 AM
TL will just continue to say they can't speculate. Castle Story was released to iOS over a year ago. I wouldn't hold my breath on it coming to Android.

Likewise for Pet Hotel Story, City Story Metro, Home Design Story, Farm Story 2, Dragon Story new features. I don't think they're updating Story games for Android anymore. If they were, we should have seen at least one of those new Story games released by now.

IlianaCatsPawn
09-28-13, 12:14 AM
That's a real shame, because more people are going to be owning android tablets and phones than iOS in the coming years. iOS is like Betamax, but Android is like VHS and will eventually dominate the market due to pricing. It's a poor business model that doesn't respect the realities of the market. Go ask the people that worked for Betamax, the laser disc and HD DVD.

TTH2013
11-25-13, 07:24 PM
hello at team lava. Thanks for all the great content. when will it be possible to play castle story on android? Please tell me this is coming soon... its been ages and not available. Also why not put all your games on pc as well. That way its all around great exposure for you. Please consider....

Burroughs7
11-30-13, 02:37 PM
Is there an update on when Castle Story will be available on Android? I'm tempted to upgrade to a non apple device and need to know first 😃

sari2016
12-05-13, 05:36 PM
Hello Teamlava. It would be a great Christmas gift if castle story finally came to android.... If you send out a pop up to all users palying android games whether they would like to see castle story availbable for them to play; I am sure the response would be overwhelming... Please make this available...

pipica11
01-31-14, 06:31 PM
Can anyone tell me why Castle Story is not available on Android.

mamalovesson
01-31-14, 06:32 PM
It would be wonderful if I can manage my kingdom with my phone so that I don't have to take my ipad with me 24/7. Please Storm8......

meme1098
01-31-14, 07:53 PM
If it's an iPhone you can log in using the login feature in restaurant story.

29vanilla
02-22-14, 07:11 PM
Also wondering if castle story available on android. My daughter has storm �� from iPhone started new game (bakery story) on her android, but really prefers castle story due to time constraints. Thanks in advance for a response. I enjoy bakery restaurant and castle. Too bad they are so addicting��

svendetto
03-14-14, 11:58 AM
Castle story for android!!! Go for it!!!
...sorry, but I'm addicted and my iPhone's gone forever.

vickibabes
10-01-14, 02:11 PM
Another one who is desperate for castle story to come to android. I run a first gen iPad, on ios 5.1.1 and the game is so buggy �� if it doesn't crash at least 6 times in 5 minutes then it's a miracle! My iPad is on its way out, and I will be getting a Samsung replacement. Mainly because it will be a third the price of my iPad, secondly it's massively more reliable. It will be a real shame if I can continue playing such a popular game on the most popular platform..... Cme on TL, android is massively more popular worldwide than iOS, and far less restrictive. Don't dismiss loyal gamers just to stay solely on iOS.

meme1098
10-01-14, 02:48 PM
I paid pretty much half for my iPad Air by trading in the previous one I had, the iPad2

BTW..I think CS should be available to android too.

jeniweim
10-08-14, 07:27 AM
So... after playing for more than 2 years, on an iphone, I upgraded to an LG G3 last night. Sorry to hear that Android does not support Castle Story. I realize it's not coming anytime soon (if ever) and wonder if you guys can tell me the "cheapest" way to play. We currently don't have any apple devices in the house so I'm not sure what to buy. We have brand new phones and a brand new tablet (all android) so just looking for something to hook up to the wifi and play. How old of an iphone can I buy (wouldn't get cell service/just use it on wifi) to play this game?

ShibuyaCloth
10-08-14, 07:36 AM
Use your old iPhone. This should be OK to continue playing.

kooky panda
10-08-14, 07:51 AM
My niece use to play on my old iphone . It has no cellular service, but she could play using the wifi.

serinalisa
10-08-14, 06:23 PM
This saddens me. I am switching to droid and I really hate to stop playing this game... The idea of carrying around an extra phone is kind of silly to me.

landa001
10-21-14, 06:02 AM
I had a goal today to install Castle Story while playing FS. I was so darn excited thar CS was now on android. When I accepted the goal it suddenly disappeared quickly . I went the play store looking for the app but could not find. Does this mean CS is coming to android? When I left my apple I pod and got a android tablet I had to leave behind my CS at level 44 behind.

Thanks

lilithgio
10-24-14, 01:22 AM
I found the castel story goal this morning, happy that it comes finally on android. It works!!!!

PikaSquirrel
10-24-14, 10:24 AM
Castle Story is available on Android now, but it's still on limited release. If you do not see it in your Google Play store, it's because it's not available in your country yet. Thanks!

kimrachel2
10-25-14, 12:22 AM

Australia??

doodledoo20000
10-29-14, 05:59 PM
Juts switched to android, so sad this isn't available in the US!! : (

myndisue
10-31-14, 10:26 PM
I will be beyond excited for it to be on Android! I have 3 IDs and that will mean I can use my old phone to help so I don't have to switch as much! (Could really use the ability to switch between IDs in the game also.)

keresi
10-31-14, 11:36 PM
Been reading yr comments about dragon story, I've been playing a few years now and I'm getting more discontent had it goes along. It's not geared at Android users, but we're the biggest user, D'S for us is pointless all we can do is bed. We don't get the extras, e.g dragons, habitats, decorations, battles, storage. I revise to spend my own limited can on a game that isn't going forward, TL needs to up , up its game, again design home isn't avail and fobbed of every time I approach with a question, and that closed before I even get to read the response. Seems they can't handle customers,
I feel *****ed cos I can't have the same chances I'm sure once get to lvl 150 , I'll quit what else is there, I'm running out of space, can't achieve goals on an equal footing,
rant over

Keresi x

ruth1024
11-07-14, 03:26 AM

PikaSquirrel: Do you have any idea of the timescales of when it'll be available in different countries yet? I've got a goal in several of your other games to install castle story in the next 15 days - it feels rather unfair if it's not going to be available for me to download in that time period. I'm from the UK, but I'm sure others from other countries would also like to know when it will be available for them.

Thanks

SHauke
11-07-14, 04:26 AM
Available for Android:-) but not in my country. So no free gold or gems for me. T︵T unhappy TL....I refuse to buy ipod, i phone, itablet or iOS anything. You pay more for the name Apple and its really not all that....sorry T.L. but I am really to the point where I don't know how much longer I'm gonna play along and accept the discrimination from your organization>"< How much do they pay you( or donate) to develop apps that are much better but only function with iOS??? Pls let me know when this app 'is available in my country!' Thank u

LTTri11
11-07-14, 04:28 AM
I am soooo excited Castle Story is coming to Andriod!!! I just switched from iPhone to Andriod and was sad to see I had to stop playing. This morning, by games told me to load Castle Story, but still not available in my county!!! I am sooo excited I will be able to play again soon!!

LTTri11
11-07-14, 04:44 AM

Hi Mitch - I believe you will have to move your ID from Apple to Android. TeamLava Team helped me make this move. I did this right in the beginning of my move from iPhone to Android. You will have two IDs. They informed me if I did this I would no longer be able to use my iPhone ID but you can always switch back. I saw them move, but Candy Blast and Cupcake Mania I had to start over. It noted this on their page when moving IDs. I cannot yet confirm is CS will be where I left it, I sure hope so. It is documented pretty well on their site. Hope this helps!!

tigerlillyherron
11-07-14, 07:51 AM
I know team lava seems to cater to ios users. I am an active player on multiple tl games. However. Dragon story is limited for me. Breeding. Feeding, expanding,(and breeding is a pain) thats it. So I loose interest. I uninstal it and ignore it most months of the year. Half my dragons are lvl 10. Thats nice lol. Boring.
Bakery story is the only game that has always entertained me. At lvl 99 and working on maxing all my ovens (with almost 20 of them complete)...and two expansions short of maxed out..im down to redecorating constantly. At least its still fun for me.

kooky panda
11-07-14, 08:52 AM
I know some of you guys are getting pop up in your other games to download Castle, but it is not available to download.
I have reported this over .

kooky panda
11-07-14, 11:53 AM
The game has been released worldwide on Android. It may take a few hours for the game to show up in the Google Play Store. Once it becomes available, you will be able to access it.

dirtycakes6
11-07-14, 11:54 AM
Noooooooooooo way.... Omg im sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

aldalin
11-07-14, 01:03 PM
HUZZAH! I have it! I'm in the US and it's on my phone!

One question: How do I log in with my account?

EDIT:

Nevermind! I saw the post. For those wondering, you need to download either Restaurant Story or Candy Mania, and log in by clicking the little Stormie guy in the top right corner.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54910-ID-Transfer-Storm8-Method

meme1098
11-07-14, 01:24 PM
There's a login through Restaurant Story:

This ones easier!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

paisdelasmaravillas
11-07-14, 01:42 PM
It's impossible to log in two devices with the same account.
if you have two devices you need to have two accounts differents

I try to download in my android phone, but impossible to start the download. I'm in Spain.
I get the error code [DF-BPA-30]

Marty67
11-07-14, 01:52 PM

Not true. It's possible to play the same account from multiple devices.

meme1098
11-07-14, 01:53 PM

I try to download in my android phone, but impossible to start the download. I'm in Spain.
I get the error code [DF-BPA-30]

I use the login feature everyday since I have several accounts created from upgrading my phone & iPad several times. You just have to be sure all the TL games are force closed so after you log in you're not still 'in' the first game.
It works because I use it everyday to send myself gifts and respond to requests from my main account.

Just check out the info here:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

azriX2012
11-07-14, 02:13 PM
Congratulations Team Lava! You are the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

fantaloonastic
11-07-14, 02:28 PM
That seals the deal, I'll finally be ditching my broken screen iPad mini for an android device

Marty67
11-07-14, 03:20 PM
That seals the deal, I'll finally be ditching my broken screen iPad mini for an android device

Don't ditch it too early. You never know when they decide to stop developing the Android version, like Dragon Story for example which is totally boring on Android since 2 years.

nmishii
11-07-14, 03:22 PM
Thank you TeamLava!!!

azriX2012
11-07-14, 03:24 PM
Don't ditch it too early. You never know when they decide to stop developing the Android version, like Dragon Story for example which is totally boring on Android since 2 years.

What do you mean with "stop developing"? Isn't it the same game? (I don't play DS, tried it but didn't like).

nmishii
11-07-14, 03:25 PM

When they recently released Farm Story 2 to Android, it didn't have all the features that the iOS version had. There's been no new feature releases to Android. New events, such as the recent Halloween event, are only for iOS and not Android. I'd keep both devices and use the iPad mini to do things not available on Android.

vednir
11-07-14, 03:35 PM
At this time we still have to install Restaurant Story? You cannot simply install Castle Story on your android device in order to log into your existing account?

meme1098
11-07-14, 04:20 PM
Just install it...to play on another device, use the log in feature.

paisdelasmaravillas
11-08-14, 05:43 AM
Yes! I use the login feature and can play in my iPad and in my android. Great!
I can continue playing when I'm out ( especially in the weekend)
But...

In the android device I import my account, but I can't see the last Halloween items, the cauldron, the tree and the HH. The space of this items are empty.

Marty67
11-08-14, 09:32 AM
What do you mean with "stop developing"? Isn't it the same game? (I don't play DS, tried it but didn't like).

On iOS there a much more features (mine, battle arena, additional expansion, ice isands) and events (battle tournaments, summons, wheel) for DS which are completely missing on Android. Android basically stopped pre New Dawn version except for addition of new dragons

studio1859
11-08-14, 12:18 PM
Will it be available for kindle fire?