PDA

View Full Version : Norman...this is ridiculous!

Unregistered
12-02-10, 02:13 PM
I just went to the app store and in caps it says "WEEKLY UPDATES!!!" Norman, how do you sleep at night? You know perfectly well there will be no weekly updates just like in every game TL makes. I am making a complaint to the App store that TL is posting misleading information since there has never been weekly updates in any of their games. Are we going to be getting more "I can't speculate on when the next update will be?" Also, no announcement in any of the other games or gem incentives to download the other games. You people really have no respect for your customers. You should be ashamed.

Unregistered
12-02-10, 02:23 PM
Good Luck. I hope you are successful, although I have my doubts. But this is getting ridiculous. Lol It even looks the same as RS! WTF!

Unregistered
12-02-10, 03:17 PM
Stop making more story games and focus on the ones you KNOW are already successful. The loyal costumers of the successful ones are getting bored with the games and most have stopped playing due to no NEW content. I for one was thinking about deleting the game because I can't do anything more. I would gladly purchase more City Cash to buy in game items if the game were updated weekly as said on iTunes just to help support the game.

Unregistered
12-02-10, 04:27 PM
Although I hope you will enjoy playing Bakery Story, I know some of you might be eagerly awaiting an update for your favorite TeamLava game. I sincerely apologize for the delay in updates and ask you all to please be patient with us in this regard. Thank you. :cool:

As per usual, you haven't addressed my point. Can we have an explanation as to why there have never been weekly updates? And why, in the name of all that's holy, do you keep making new games with the same fraudulent claims of weekly updates???? How in good conscience can you continue to make such claims???? For once, be honest with yourself and with us.

xKURIx
12-02-10, 04:41 PM
I must admit. I was going to by some city cash but since theirs no new content I'm holding back as I feel my money is just going to fund the next story theme. Just listen to your loyal players. No more Story games. Or at least wait a few months before releasing a new one. Not 2 weeks if that!

Unregistered
12-02-10, 07:25 PM
Norman,

The point here is WEEKLY UPDATES. To my knowledge you have never addressed this in ANY forum. I appreciate that there will be updates. However you promise WEEKLY UPDATES in every game on the app store. Are you going to make good on your promise? That's what I want to know. WEEKLY UPDATES....not an update now and then. If you will address that point directly that would be a good step in the right direction.

Unregistered
12-03-10, 02:46 AM
I can't believe it I have been hanging in waiting for updates on my other games and this is what they were doing how disappointing

Unregistered
12-03-10, 05:37 AM
last update from farmstory the mother off all stories was months ago

Unregistered
12-03-10, 07:22 AM
Norman dodges topics like bush does shoes that are thrown at him.

Unregistered
12-03-10, 11:11 PM
Not only Norman dodges off topics like this, the other members who replies to email also dodges off topics and replies when questioned. SHAME ON TEAM LAVA!!

Unregistered
12-03-10, 11:28 PM
Not only Norman dodges off topics like this, the other members who replies to email also dodges off topics and replies when questioned. SHAME ON TEAM LAVA!!

R u intellectually challenged? He answered the question. U may not have liked the answer. Ever think he's just an employee and can't tell u what his employers haven't told him. Any of u actually ever had a job to understand how these things work, or are u all grade school kids?

Unregistered
12-03-10, 11:52 PM
R u intellectually challenged? He answered the question. U may not have liked the answer. Ever think he's just an employee and can't tell u what his employers haven't told him. Any of u actually ever had a job to understand how these things work, or are u all grade school kids?

Did I mentioned "shame on Norman"? I mentioned the whole of Team Lava mind you!!

Unregistered
12-04-10, 12:00 AM

No one's going to take you seriously when you spell "you" and "are" like 'u' and 'r'.

Unregistered
12-04-10, 06:22 AM
Yeah come on for gods sake Norman. How about answering this question once and for all....why does it say weekly updates when city story for one hasnt had any updates for ages except magic cases which no sod can get without spending money.

Norman, answer or every user should constantly post topics asking until he answers. I for one will constantly ask and ask .

Unregistered
12-04-10, 07:04 AM
Yeah come on for gods sake Norman. How about answering this question once and for all....why does it say weekly updates when city story for one hasnt had any updates for ages except magic cases which no sod can get without spending money.

Norman, answer or every user should constantly post topics asking until he answers. I for one will constantly ask and ask .

Ya sure, because I'm ten and love wasting my time. Lol

Don't you have anything better to do? Like a life?

As someone said, he answered. Technically a case would be an update. That it's an update that costs you may not like, but it is an update. Not to mention, he can't tell you if he doesn't know. He probably has to wait for his employers to tell him.

Well I just dropped in to get an update on holiday cases, so back to real life. Lmao

Personally, I enjoy the games as they are, so updates are a bonus, not a necessity.

Unregistered
12-04-10, 10:37 AM
Hello Team Lava,

Please we want new updates for City Story. That is my favorite Game story.

chvchv & chvchv2
12-05-10, 09:34 AM
Norman,

The point here is WEEKLY UPDATES. To my knowledge you have never addressed this in ANY forum. I appreciate that there will be updates. However you promise WEEKLY UPDATES in every game on the app store. Are you going to make good on your promise? That's what I want to know. WEEKLY UPDATES....not an update now and then. If you will address that point directly that would be a good step in the right direction.

There will be no weekly updates! Never, ever!

And Norman is not going to respond to this question! Never, ever!

TL works with fraudulent advertising techniques. If you don't like it, play something else.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 09:19 PM
Cut him some slack, lol.

Attack the issue not the person. I'm sure he's only a representative attempting to answer all the questions he can.

The developers are the ones who promised 'weekly updates,' - not him.
If the developers don't have the product, they can't deliver it and Norman can't answer it for any of us.

Like many of you, I have many problems with Bakery Story. Ironically, it's actually my favorite Story application.
1) It takes too long to level up
2) The items are way too expensive! The blue vase, the magic box and the bakery casings..I want them all!
3) Baked goods take too long to cook
4) If we can turn gems into more coins, why not the reverse?

Unregistered
12-06-10, 09:21 PM
Also, visit me!

- Sugar and Spice

Unregistered
12-06-10, 09:31 PM
I love all of your games and I do agree that they become very tedious. I for one, am trying to decide on deleting City Story. I do not like the skyscrapers. I can only get nice houses in the magic chest ( if i am lucky!) I would love some more mansions and pretty larger houses to replace the smaller ones. It is fun and I do not like tone of some of the others - however, I do agree that for those of use who have been committed to your games, we have been left hanging with nowhere to go!

But let me say--- thanks! It has been a fun ride!

Unregistered
12-06-10, 10:08 PM
Hah. Bakery Story. When is Pharmacy Story coming. What about Banking Story. What about Janitor Story. What about Carpentry Story. What about Coffee Shop Story. What about Medical Marijuana Grower Story. What about *** Store Story. What about Unemployed Story. What about Story Writer Story. What about Bible Story. What about Jihad Story. What about Mexican Jumping Beans Save The Universe Story.

Thanks for nothing.

You deserve the complaints to iTunes simply for perpetuating false promises.

Unregistered
12-07-10, 07:59 AM
Thanks for nothing.

You deserve the complaints to iTunes simply for perpetuating false promises.

In legal terms it's called: False Advertising (-> Fraud)

Unregistered
12-07-10, 12:21 PM
Obviously, all of you have never dealt with programming before.

Just sit back, bake a cake or two and CHILL!!!

Unregistered
12-07-10, 12:30 PM
wow you know what as there isnt bigger problems in the world team lava is doing there best to keep us entertained i for one know it is a little disappointing to maybe wait for updates it does taske a little long to get from level to level n i wish they had like weekly gem prizes however people it is a game and it our choice to play or not but dont critize i mean do u know what it takes to make a game like this u dont just blink your eyes and it be there so sit back relax play the game or dont enjoy your neighbors and friends you ve made but let team lava do what there doing which iskeeping us busy it is nt their job to satisfy only entertain and i am and many loyal gamers so deal with bigger problems in life not about"weekly update" its a game for goodness sake have a great holday

Unregistered
12-07-10, 12:54 PM
hi, both your comments about programming are park. This is a good time for me to comment because I am a highly qualified programmer and you obviously doesnt know about programming any more than the others do. This game is a complete copy of restaurant story asside from a new skin it would have taken barely a few weeks to impliment, now get YOUR facts streight before you bash others for bashing! go paly estaurant story then go play BS and you will see the acronym is irony beause it really is BS. This is lazy programming pure and simple. its giving programming a bad name for a good reeason.

Unregistered
12-07-10, 01:06 PM
hi, both your comments about programming are park. This is a good time for me to comment because I am a highly qualified programmer and you obviously doesnt know about programming any more than the others do. This game is a complete copy of restaurant story asside from a new skin it would have taken barely a few weeks to impliment, now get YOUR facts streight before you bash others for bashing! go paly estaurant story then go play BS and you will see the acronym is irony beause it really is BS. This is lazy programming pure and simple. its giving programming a bad name for a good reeason.

Programmer eh? Well your spelling and grammar suck, so let's hope your coding is better. Nice try, lol.

To others: don't like, don't play. Seems pretty simple to me. If you're really this angry over a FREE game not giving you FREE weekly updates, then really.....time for some psychiatric help. May I suggest Valium at the very least. I've been reading these forums and thinking either kids, or mental health patients.

News flash: neither the world, nor team lava, owes you anything. Unless you've paid for gems. Then they have to give you gems.

Oh, and to Matlock, it's only fraud if you bought the game ie: original download. There has to be that initial financial gain.

False advertising? Won't get far because again, basics of the game are free, so no financial gains.

If you pay for gems, and you get gems, then no case here either. Doesn't matter why you bought the gems. Just as long as you got what you paid for. Gems.

Why all the nasty gripping anyways?

Sure give feedback. If it's to inform or enhance. But if it's to vent, it's counter productive. As I said, don't like, don't play. Why is that so complicated?

Unregistered
12-07-10, 01:19 PM
you are a hypocrite, your comments so far stand out as the most negative of them all
your bad attitude toward others makes me want to delete this game regardless of team lava.

Unregistered
12-07-10, 05:30 PM
As the original poster of this thread, I'd like to point out that my point was that their descriptions of games should not include "weekly updates" since they have no intentions of making weekly updates. You can only know this after you have played the game for awhile. I wrote to the App store a few days ago. The purpose is to get TL to remove "Weekly Updates" from their game descriptions. It is fraudulent. If they had come to us and said, we are having a problem with it, but we do intend to have weekly updates, that would be different. They have constantly avoided the subject. That silence speaks volumes. We can't change their behavior, unless we all stop buying in house currency, i.e. gems, city cash, etc. When something is promised to you and you then find that they have no intention to provide it, it is bound to make ppl angry. My purpose is to stop them deceiving new users.

Unregistered
12-07-10, 06:02 PM
you are a hypocrite, your comments so far stand out as the most negative of them all
your bad attitude toward others makes me want to delete this game regardless of team lava.

???
This makes no sense

Unregistered
12-07-10, 06:39 PM
Programmer eh? Well your spelling and grammar suck, so let's hope your coding is better. Nice try, lol.

To others: don't like, don't play. Seems pretty simple to me. If you're really this angry over a FREE game not giving you FREE weekly updates, then really.....time for some psychiatric help. May I suggest Valium at the very least. I've been reading these forums and thinking either kids, or mental health patients.

News flash: neither the world, nor team lava, owes you anything. Unless you've paid for gems. Then they have to give you gems.

Oh, and to Matlock, it's only fraud if you bought the game ie: original download. There has to be that initial financial gain.

False advertising? Won't get far because again, basics of the game are free, so no financial gains.

If you pay for gems, and you get gems, then no case here either. Doesn't matter why you bought the gems. Just as long as you got what you paid for. Gems.

Why all the nasty gripping anyways?

Sure give feedback. If it's to inform or enhance. But if it's to vent, it's counter productive. As I said, don't like, don't play. Why is that so complicated?

It's cute that you think you know what's best.

Unregistered
12-08-10, 10:02 AM
How about all the people who are fed up with TeamLava's false advertising QUIT BUYING GEMS! I get annoyed with their bull **** claims of weekly updates too, but I'd be an idiot to give them my money for some pixels on an iDevice screen. I'd rather use $100 on groceries or a new gadget I like or a new pair of shoes. Not a virtual cake display. So I think the best idea is to stop financially supporting them. They've seen the genuine frustration, they know in their hearts and heads they're committing fraud and pissing people off, and when they stop raking in all that money, maybe they'll finally start to make some good changes. And if they start charging to download their apps? So be it! As it has been said, the idea of the story games are the same thing recycled over and over again. You won't be missing out on much. When City Story first came out, I was addicted...now I haven't played it in months and was thinking I should delete it. Lo and behold, Bakery Story is out and now I'm addicted to that! Thank goodness, as these games come and go, I never spent a dime on them!

Unregistered
12-08-10, 03:58 PM
But they're really nice pixels (the illustrator is fantastic)... If they just changed their marketing strategy slightly everyone would win.

Their lies are quite disheartening. Bad karma.

If they crafted some semblance of closure for the games they abandon with an upgrade path to the next game and some form of gallery function to preserve a record they could migrate their most loyal customers without essentially laughing in their face for spending a few dollars and *many hours* playing their games.

Here's who I think Team Lava is:

Team of three people:

1) Illustrator - gets bored drawing new crops, comes in each day asking "what should I draw today?" ... "draw a new story!"...

2) Programmer - stopped coding new game features a while ago... Spends most of his time keeping their mac mini server running without outages.

3) The Suit - "haha suckers... How can we milk new players?" spends his days coming up with new 'ideas' for the illustrator to draw... Moonlights on the forums as Norman.

Unregistered
12-08-10, 06:34 PM
But they're really nice pixels (the illustrator is fantastic)... If they just changed their marketing strategy slightly everyone would win.

Their lies are quite disheartening. Bad karma.

If they crafted some semblance of closure for the games they abandon with an upgrade path to the next game and some form of gallery function to preserve a record they could migrate their most loyal customers without essentially laughing in their face for spending a few dollars and *many hours* playing their games.

Here's who I think Team Lava is:

Team of three people:

1) Illustrator - gets bored drawing new crops, comes in each day asking "what should I draw today?" ... "draw a new story!"...

2) Programmer - stopped coding new game features a while ago... Spends most of his time keeping their mac mini server running without outages.

3) The Suit - "haha suckers... How can we milk new players?" spends his days coming up with new 'ideas' for the illustrator to draw... Moonlights on the forums as Norman.

Actually they do have 3 devs...the suit is VP of Business Development and his name is Johnny Coghlan. On one of the other forums, I read this thread that he said TeamLava treats their customers like family. There was a link to the article. So there are 4 guys. Norman is probably one of them, but who knows.

Annette101
12-10-10, 12:04 PM
How about all the people who are fed up with TeamLava's false advertising QUIT BUYING GEMS! I get annoyed with their bull **** claims of weekly updates too, but I'd be an idiot to give them my money for some pixels on an iDevice screen. I'd rather use $100 on groceries or a new gadget I like or a new pair of shoes. Not a virtual cake display. So I think the best idea is to stop financially supporting them. They've seen the genuine frustration, they know in their hearts and heads they're committing fraud and pissing people off, and when they stop raking in all that money, maybe they'll finally start to make some good changes. And if they start charging to download their apps? So be it! As it has been said, the idea of the story games are the same thing recycled over and over again. You won't be missing out on much. When City Story first came out, I was addicted...now I haven't played it in months and was thinking I should delete it. Lo and behold, Bakery Story is out and now I'm addicted to that! Thank goodness, as these games come and go, I never spent a dime on them!

I was with you until you said they are committing fraud and they know it.

I do agree, don't buy gems or just buy a bit. So many seem really invested in their Story games, which is cool. But, ****, I wouldn't spend $100 on a virtual bookcase and wallpaper. Also, seems to me gems are used to purchase current content not future content.

I do think it is a bit disingenuous to state 'weekly updates' and then not follow through. I would like to see them take the 'weekly update' thing out of their description, it's a great little game as is.

But, it's a **** game! If you lose interest after you level and they have not updated, go onto something else. If you've spent a lot of money on a game that would not doubt not hold your interest regardless of updates or not, learn your lesson for future purchases move on.